4.5/5 (300 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: May 10, 2021

I filed a claim a couple of months ago. The copay was kind of high but the claim went okay. I would tell others about Olive.

olive response

Kenneth, happy to hear we kept ya rollin on to olive your next adventures. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

olive

Original review: May 9, 2021

The process of purchasing from Olive was easy and I was very satisfied with the plans offered to me. I got almost full coverage. I've already told a couple of people to go with them.

olive response

Dean, thanks for sharing the olive difference with your friends and for the five-star review!

Have a great day,

olive

Original review: May 8, 2021

I talk about Olive Auto Warranty all the time because they did me wonders when I got my car fixed. I did have to pay out-of-pocket, though, which I was a little bit confused because they were saying nothing out of pocket. But I really appreciate it because it was good. They saved me at least $500. I paid about $130. That was the first time I use Olive, and it was awesome. So, that first experience means a lot to me.

olive response

Sheila, thank you for sharing the olive difference with your friends and family! We are glad to have you as part of the family.

Cheers!

Original review: May 7, 2021

Buying my protection plan from Olive was really easy. I know that if something happens, I'll be able to get it fixed. I haven't had to file a claim, but the customer service team has been really good whenever I’ve talked to them and I've had questions.

olive response

Hello Carl. Thanks for your five stars! So glad to hear our customer service was a good experience and answered all of your questions. Cheers! olive

Original review: May 6, 2021

I was looking for an affordable, extended warranty. I was on the internet and also, I double-checked with the person where I bought my car in the dealership, and I mentioned about that warranty. He mentioned that, so far, with the clients, Olive was good. I made my purchase over the phone with an agent. He was very helpful. He explained everything.

olive response

Hi Marua. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. We appreciate hearing that the dealership was able to give you a good review of olive which I am sure helped you make your decision to get coverage from us.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I had an extended warranty that was horrible with my vehicle. It was the Warranty from Hell company. At the time, we took my mother's car in and we found out her warranty had expired. Immediately, I went in to find the extended warranty we could get because her car needs to last her a long time. Plus, I wanted to make sure I found her a warranty before she had any pre-existing conditions. Olive was one of the ones that I contacted. They sounded way too good to be true. The monthly amount alone for the coverage that my mom gets is awesome. We have the full coverage for her car. They don't beat around the bush, they're straightforward and they don't do this whole, “You need to wait a certain amount of mileage and on top of that, a certain amount of months."

During the purchase, the gentleman let me talk and ask every single question in the book that one can possibly think of, and even let me sit there and be very skeptical of it. He had no problem with answering and providing any and all information even if it was the stupidest information that I was asking. He was very patient with me and very helpful. 100%, we recommend Olive to everybody. When they talk about extended warranties, Olive is the first name that comes out of our mouths.

A month after we got the coverage, my mom's front axle went bad. There was no hesitation. There was a question about certain parts that weren't covered. It was frustrating, but it wasn't Olive’s fault. Due to an oil leakage in the front of the engine that we weren't aware of, we weren't told. Because we had the oil changed at Christian Brothers, and they tried to get a lot of work and money out of us.

It was about a month and a half before we got the extended warranty when we had the oil change. So, when they were telling us that there was a certain part in the engine that was totally gone, and it was leaking oil for a while underneath the car, we were pretty upset. We were like, “No, that's a new oil leak. We just got it changed.” We were kind of a little frustrated but Olive didn't lose their cool. They explained and made me understand how they were able to know and how it was proof that it was indeed an oil that's been there for a while. The auto shop that we went to wasn't very good at what they were paid to do.

olive response

Hi Kimberly. So sorry to hear about the former coverage that you had. olive is in fact very transparent with what we offer in our coverage. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Olive double billed me this month and then, they told me about it. Also, they send way too many emails. It’s part of the business but it was a little bit too much. Still, they were super nice to deal with and everything has been fine so far. In case the car breaks down, I’ll have a coverage.

olive response

Hi Dale. We apologize about the double payments and frequent emails. I do hope all of that has cleared up. We appreciate your four stars. Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Everything that Olive offered was good. They were things I didn't know about and wish that I would have gotten on my car before my car was way past the warranty. Even the deductible is good as well as the stuff that can be fixed under the warranty. Some warranties don't offer that and you end up coming out of pocket way more money, even with what they would call a warranty. The guy was very helpful and took us step by step. He explained everything and didn’t rush us because sometimes, my dad can be indecisive. He was great and everything went smoothly.

olive response

Hello LaFonta. Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate your five stars as well. olive thrives on giving our customers that needed and appreciated peace of mind.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Olive Auto Warranty seemed pretty good and their price was right. Purchasing the warranty took five minutes and it was so easy.

olive response

We are so pleased to bring you peace of mind coverage, Marie.

Welcome to the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I researched about Olive and when I finally chose it, the rep gave the information back to me verbatim from what I had learned prior to speaking with him. Everything was great and I didn’t have any problem with the website. People should go with Olive.

olive response

Hi John. Thanks for your five stars and review. We all are about transparency with what is inside each policy. Nothing to hide. Glad to see after you did your research you were pleased with the matched information and how the conversation went with our representative. Cheers! olive

Original review: April 27, 2021

The truck is still making the noise. Olive took it to two Toyotas, thinking it would get fixed. The first one put on the wrong part and the second one forgot another part. The truck is still not working right and I don't have the money to keep paying the $100 deductible. I’m thinking of taking it to another mechanic that’s not Toyota. But it has been a very good experience with Olive and I would refer them. They have been great through the process of filing the claim and it was very easy.

olive response

Hi Bonnie. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your truck. Thanks for the 5 stars and happy to hear you had a good experience with olive when using your coverage to get your truck repaired.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I talked to Olive and I liked the plan that they have. It was a lot better than the others that I had. The representative filled me in on everything and showed me all of the choices so I was very pleased. I don't have any experience with them as of yet, but all my contacts and my invitation that I've gone through with them has been really good.

olive response
Thank you for this great review, Annisteen!

Happy to have you on board.

Cheers!

Original review: April 17, 2021

I provided my vehicle type in the online quote request. When the salesperson, entered it into a policy, he entered it incorrectly so that we had to cancel the credit charge and begin the process again. When I finished requesting a policy online, my credit card was charged again, but I continued to receive solicitations as if I had never subscribed. After 48 hours and I wondered why I was still getting these solicitations but had not received confirmation of my policy or the policy itself, I called customer service. The agent confirmed that I had a policy but could not send it to me. She said that she would escalate it to a supervisor, who would ensure that I received those documents.

After an hour, without receiving such documents I called again and had to explain the entire situation again. The supervisor asked me to check my spam folder again, which I had done. She tried to generate the policy herself but could not. She said that the tech and customer service department would coordinate during the workweek. I requested an e-mail confirming the activation of the policy and what steps remained to be done. She wrote it. If this is what it is like to try to subscribe, I shudder to think of how difficult it will be to have them honor a claim. You will hear from me when I do.

olive response

Ouch, Marc thank you for letting us know about your buying experience clearly not what we strive for. With your permission we would like to have a manager give you a call to hear more about your experience.

Original review: April 15, 2021

The purchasing process with Olive was confusing at the beginning because I didn't know how to select what I needed for the car. But I spoke with a representative and he walked me through the different plans that they had so that it made it easier to get my decision going. He was on point with all the stuff that I needed to hear.

I just got my car fixed through Glendale Nissan. Since I didn't know how the process with the claim would go through, they explained it to me. The dealership practically got in contact with the representative from Olive and everything went good from there. I wasn't too much involved in how the process went. They just called me from the dealership and told me that Olive had already agreed on the parts that they were gonna change on the vehicle. I was impressed with how everything went smoothly. Even with the rental, the vehicle was confusing at the beginning. But one of the Olive representatives walked me through and told me how it would normally work. So it gave me peace of mind. I was happy with the service. And I see people that have the same kind of vehicle that I have, and I've been sharing that information over with them.

olive response
Reynaldo, thank you for letting us show you the olive difference and for sharing your experience!

Have a wonderful day.

olive

Original review: April 14, 2021

Olive's price was reasonable. Purchasing the warranty with an actual agent was fairly easy and quick. I got a basic understanding, but there are some things I’m still questionable about. If something major happens, I'm not going to have the money. The extended warranty would set me back to come up with the money to get the thing fixed and still pay at the same time.

olive response
Lynelle, we are here to bring you peace of mind coverage. You will only pay your deductible and all parts covered, will be repaired.

If you have any questions, we are available on our chat or toll-free number on our website, or your olive grove.

Have a wonderful day.

Original review: April 13, 2021

The rep gave us options we could choose from and wasn't really pushy about it. Olive gives some peace of mind knowing that if something does happen, we're covered. I was impressed with them.

olive response

Thank you Ronald. We are glad you chose us and welcome to the olive family!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I saw Olive advertised on television and I liked what the people had to say there. It looked affordable when I went into the website. I liked how easy it was to apply online. The advocates followed up within 24 hours with a welcoming email, information, the various areas where if I have a claim, or I want to talk with them, and they gave me phone numbers. I also decided to get my daughter some too because she wouldn't do it on her own, and hers is an '18, mine's 2016, and when we just wait, it's too late by then. I haven't put in for any possible charges but as far as everything else, it flowed naturally. They thanked me and welcomed me to Olive for both cars, and they haven't been hounding me to death with emails or different contacts, which I appreciate too.

My car is five years old in June, and usually, after paying it off, that's when things start falling apart. I'm anticipating that that will happen eventually and it is good to know that I'm not going to have to pocket out thousands and thousands of dollars for repairs. I just would really appreciate a list. They showed a diagram of stuff but it wasn't detailed and specific about what areas. It just says electronics and chassis and engine transmission. If there's a possibility of that, that would be helpful to know other than just taking it to be repaired for whatever minor thing that I might have.

olive response

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience and olive these stars!

Cheers!

Original review: April 9, 2021

I had a good feeling when I was talking to the person. He was very thorough, personable, felt very knowledgeable, 'cause I didn't order it just online. I called them. I haven't used the program yet, but at this point, I feel comfortable with it. It makes me feel better knowing that I have the policy. It's extremely valuable 'cause you never know, if something happens, whether or not you're going to have the financial means to take care of it yourself, so it makes you feel better, feel a bit more secure.

olive response

Hello Pauline. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive for great customer service and peace of mind for our customers. We are glad you feel comfortable with how your conversation went. Cheers! olive

Original review: April 8, 2021

The service was excellent. Having this warranty is valuable 'cause breakdowns happen, repairs, and all that. I'm glad I got coverage.

Hi Renae,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so happy you chose olive as your Mechanical Breakdown Insurance provider! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: April 1, 2021

The rep was really helpful with the questions I had to ask. What I was looking for was something to cover my engine and the major parts of a car. I told her my warranty had expired two months prior and I'm not trying to replace the whole car on my own. Overall, I liked the different coverages that they had to offer. They were my first choice and praise God, it was a great choice.

olive response

Wow! thank you for the fantastic review Nicole! We are so glad to have you as a part of the olive family.

Original review: March 31, 2021

My car just got out of warranty, so if I take a trip with it, I figured I might as well get an auto warranty. It only costs me $59 a month. Olive is the only one that was in California. I tried CarShield but it wasn't offered in California. I worked with a very helpful rep. She answered all my questions, especially why CarShield didn't operate in California. She explained that to me. I already had to use the warranty. It works fine. I took the car to the dealer and they diagnosed the problem, and then I told them I had Olive and they recognized them. They called Olive, and they covered it. Olive does great.

olive response

William thank you for being a part of the olive and we appreciate the 5 star review.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I was looking for a good extended warranty company. I filled out a survey and they recommended Olive. I talked to the representative and I liked what I heard, and I got it. When I did a claim, they had questions for me and I gave them the answers. I understand I was new to the program, but my transmission went out without me knowing it. They replaced it. I had to pay my deductible, and I'm back on the road. I'd tell others to get Olive.

olive response

Hi Ralph, We are glad to have been there when you needed us. Thank you for the 5 stars review and for being a part of the olive family!

Original review: March 29, 2021

I bought a used 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. I could have gotten the warranty that came with the dealer, but after shopping around and speaking with several companies, Barbara sold me. It was because of how nice and good she was that I went with Olive. She was extremely responsive, super nice, very detail oriented and explained every single stupid question I had. She was very personable.

olive response

We will pass that feedback on to Barbara. Thank you for joining the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Purchasing the policy was nice and smooth. It has been very good dealing with Olive and I'm satisfied.

olive response

Hi Benjamin, Welcome to the olive family! Thank you for the kind words, smooth is what we strive for.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Olive Auto Warranty's information was straightforward and simple to understand. I only talked to one person when I bought it and that person seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and professional.

olive response

Hi Dharmesh, thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write about your experience. Welcome to the olive family! We are here if you need us.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The customer service at Olive was great. They treated me well. You should get some warranties going with this company.

olive response

Thank you Tyrone, welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I researched some companies online. I was able to pull up four with the Better Business Bureau and then made my decision. For the price, I thought that Olive had the best deal. It was also easy to purchase and knowing that I have that as a backup in case something happens, I feel better. That's why I bought it.

olive response

Hi Dennis, thank you for the kind words. Happy to see that you did some research on olive, we are different. Two of our core principles are to be transparent and easy to do business with. Welcome to the olive and family and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

The rep from Olive was out of New York but she was awesome. She really helped me out a lot because I was looking at a bunch of different cars. She was very accommodating in giving me different quotes every time I called. I went with them based on a Google search and their pricing. Other than the average wear and tear, like wiper blades, oil changes, tires, brakes, and things like that, if my engine falls apart, I don't want to drop 2,000 bucks for a part. A lot of the dealerships will tell you a lot, that they'll cover this and the other things, and we buy even the extended warranty. Then when we get something looked at, of course, that's the one thing that isn't covered. So I highly suggest not trusting dealerships and making sure you have a warranty like Olive.

Thurston,

Thank you for the kind words. Our team members are trained to educate perspective customers and to provide accurate information. We set out to be tranparent and different, Which we believe makes us the better choice.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

There are a few companies doing extended auto warranties in California, so I did some research and Olive came up as one of the better ones. Their sales rep was very good, very succinct, and to the point. He also told me what I needed to know. Then, the payment came out automatically out of my checking account this last week and there was no problem. My experience with them has been excellent so far but I haven't gotten any paperwork yet to tell me how the warranty works and I would prefer something in writing, if that's possible.

olive response

Hi Sharon, Thank you for the feedback and kind words. We strive to make the buyer experience painless and seamless. If you do not have your paperwork please check you spam folder first. If you have done that already, please call olive customer service to confirm your email address and we will resend your documents right away.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The enrollment process was pretty good and smooth. I just signed up online on my phone. It was that simple and the policy and payment plan worked for me.

olive response

Awesome thank you Stephanie, welcome to the olive family.

olive Company Information