4.5/5 (267 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: April 1, 2021

The rep was really helpful with the questions I had to ask. What I was looking for was something to cover my engine and the major parts of a car. I told her my warranty had expired two months prior and I'm not trying to replace the whole car on my own. Overall, I liked the different coverages that they had to offer. They were my first choice and praise God, it was a great choice.

olive response

Wow! thank you for the fantastic review Nicole! We are so glad to have you as a part of the olive family.

Original review: March 31, 2021

My car just got out of warranty, so if I take a trip with it, I figured I might as well get an auto warranty. It only costs me $59 a month. Olive is the only one that was in California. I tried CarShield but it wasn't offered in California. I worked with a very helpful rep. She answered all my questions, especially why CarShield didn't operate in California. She explained that to me. I already had to use the warranty. It works fine. I took the car to the dealer and they diagnosed the problem, and then I told them I had Olive and they recognized them. They called Olive, and they covered it. Olive does great.

olive response

William thank you for being a part of the olive and we appreciate the 5 star review.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I was looking for a good extended warranty company. I filled out a survey and they recommended Olive. I talked to the representative and I liked what I heard, and I got it. When I did a claim, they had questions for me and I gave them the answers. I understand I was new to the program, but my transmission went out without me knowing it. They replaced it. I had to pay my deductible, and I'm back on the road. I'd tell others to get Olive.

olive response

Hi Ralph, We are glad to have been there when you needed us. Thank you for the 5 stars review and for being a part of the olive family!

Original review: March 29, 2021

I bought a used 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. I could have gotten the warranty that came with the dealer, but after shopping around and speaking with several companies, Barbara sold me. It was because of how nice and good she was that I went with Olive. She was extremely responsive, super nice, very detail oriented and explained every single stupid question I had. She was very personable.

olive response

We will pass that feedback on to Barbara. Thank you for joining the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Purchasing the policy was nice and smooth. It has been very good dealing with Olive and I'm satisfied.

olive response

Hi Benjamin, Welcome to the olive family! Thank you for the kind words, smooth is what we strive for.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Olive Auto Warranty's information was straightforward and simple to understand. I only talked to one person when I bought it and that person seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and professional.

olive response

Hi Dharmesh, thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write about your experience. Welcome to the olive family! We are here if you need us.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The customer service at Olive was great. They treated me well. You should get some warranties going with this company.

olive response

Thank you Tyrone, welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I researched some companies online. I was able to pull up four with the Better Business Bureau and then made my decision. For the price, I thought that Olive had the best deal. It was also easy to purchase and knowing that I have that as a backup in case something happens, I feel better. That's why I bought it.

olive response

Hi Dennis, thank you for the kind words. Happy to see that you did some research on olive, we are different. Two of our core principles are to be transparent and easy to do business with. Welcome to the olive and family and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

The rep from Olive was out of New York but she was awesome. She really helped me out a lot because I was looking at a bunch of different cars. She was very accommodating in giving me different quotes every time I called. I went with them based on a Google search and their pricing. Other than the average wear and tear, like wiper blades, oil changes, tires, brakes, and things like that, if my engine falls apart, I don't want to drop 2,000 bucks for a part. A lot of the dealerships will tell you a lot, that they'll cover this and the other things, and we buy even the extended warranty. Then when we get something looked at, of course, that's the one thing that isn't covered. So I highly suggest not trusting dealerships and making sure you have a warranty like Olive.

Thurston,

Thank you for the kind words. Our team members are trained to educate perspective customers and to provide accurate information. We set out to be tranparent and different, Which we believe makes us the better choice.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

There are a few companies doing extended auto warranties in California, so I did some research and Olive came up as one of the better ones. Their sales rep was very good, very succinct, and to the point. He also told me what I needed to know. Then, the payment came out automatically out of my checking account this last week and there was no problem. My experience with them has been excellent so far but I haven't gotten any paperwork yet to tell me how the warranty works and I would prefer something in writing, if that's possible.

olive response

Hi Sharon, Thank you for the feedback and kind words. We strive to make the buyer experience painless and seamless. If you do not have your paperwork please check you spam folder first. If you have done that already, please call olive customer service to confirm your email address and we will resend your documents right away.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The enrollment process was pretty good and smooth. I just signed up online on my phone. It was that simple and the policy and payment plan worked for me.

olive response

Awesome thank you Stephanie, welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I received a notice stating my auto warranty will be expiring soon. I went to the internet trying to find a reasonable auto warranty that would cover our needs. Several called but I liked the representative at Olive and the prices were in my budget.

olive response

Thank you for the kind words Michelle, we have great team members that work hard to help our customers enjoy an easy buying experience with affordable pricing.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Applying with Olive was fairly easy. I did it while I was in line at a store. When I talked to the lady that signed me up, she wasn't pushy. She wasn't trying to for their warranty on me as if there was no other company available to me. She was really calm explaining Olive and what they offer. When I called back a few days after the lady called me, whoever answered the phone transferred the call to the lady I spoke with when he pulled my information up instead of taking the sale. I'm big on integrity and I like that he did that.

olive response

Hi Curtasha, Thank you for the compliments, we set out to provide transparency, whether you speak with a coverage advocate or prefer to get a quote and sign up online. We are here for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I like the fact that they could give me a monthly payment, and then I can cancel it anytime that I want. The coverage seemed to be accepted, and the price was right. I was very comfortable when I was purchasing the policy. It wasn't high-pressured. They did a good job explaining everything that was offered in the policy. They've sent me all the information.

olive response

Thank you for the great feedback Arthur! We strive to provide clear and accurate information to customers and perspective customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

The representative was very informative. She answered all my questions and took her time. She was very patient.

olive response

Thank you for your comments Tina. Buying an extended warranty for car, is an important purchase, so we take out time to be thorough and make sure our customers understand what they are purchasing!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

They looked the best during the computer research. The reps was very kind and informative. They explained the differences, and it was informative the way they showed the differences. Their website was informative and beneficial when I was purchasing the plan. I'm very satisfied with the coverage.

olive response

Hi David, Thank you for the 4 stars. We appreciate you going through each part of the process to get a quote and felt everything was a positive experience for you. Cheers! olive

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I like the quick response, the customer service, and the price too. I also like the different coverages that Olive offers. Purchasing the coverage was fairly quickly. Ernie really explained to me the differences and clarified any concerns or questions I had.

olive response
Reyna, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the kind words about your service experience and the Coverage Advocate who helped you.

Ernie is awesome! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I've always had coverage and when I purchased one from Olive, the process was easy. The warranty is good to have on a used car or a car that doesn't have a factory warranty, so that's why I got it. My enrollment experience was perfect and the rep I spoke to was professional. He made it easy and it was effortless.

olive response

Hi Jeff. Thanks for explaining your experience with getting an olive quote. We love hearing how easy it was for you. We hope you continue to enjoy and have peace of mind with your olive policy!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Olive Auto Warranty was the cheapest and they had very good reviews. When I googled, they kept coming up at the top 10 and I liked how they are really flexible. Plus, you can cancel any time with them and the customer service was amazing. The rep I talked to was so sweet. I also brought in my brother-in-law and I’m getting ready to bring in my daughter as well as my sister. Olive gave me a $50 gift card, too.

olive response

Wow, fantastic review and thank you for the referrals too! Word of mouth and referrals truly the best compliment we could receive.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The cost of the auto warranty that I was going to get was too high and I couldn't afford it. Olive was cheaper and that made me decide to get their policy. The purchasing process was really cool and I had an interaction on the phone with their rep, Scott. He explained everything to me and the process worked out better for me than going online. The deductible and charges also worked for me.

olive response

Hello Shelia. Thank you for the FIVE Stars. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with Scott. olive tries to be as affordable as possible for their customers. That is why there are essentially 9 plans to choose from. We are so glad you joined the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

While I was googling for auto warranties, I ended up right at ConsumerAffairs and they recommended this Olive thing. I never heard of it, but it looked like it had good reviews. Their monthly price was also pretty good over three years. For the deductible, I wanted a high deductible plan that was cheap month-to-month. All I care about is the total cost but they only do month-to-month and in over three years, it was $600 for the Plus with the $500 deductible. And it was by far the cheapest plan with the most coverage I was able to put together. I hope I never have to use the policy but I mostly want to be protected in a new engine, like some new powertrain. Some $500 fix doesn't bother me, but $8,000 does. The signup process was easy and I'm happy with at least the description of the plan and the price that I got from Olive.

olive response

Thanks for the great review Alex. We could not have said it any better, we will be hear if you need us.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I have a Mercedes and my extended warranty was expiring. I went through ConsumerAffairs and found Olive, I wish I would have found Olive when I bought my car because their warranty covers more than Mercedes extended warranty, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Olive to everyone.

olive response

Wow thank you for the great review Phillip, we sure do appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I was very satisfied with the sign up experience with Olive. I chose their plan that was most fitted for me and I made the payment on the spot.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star review Oscar. We are glad you found our online quoting and purchasing technology convenient. We will be here when you need us!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

An auto warranty is the best way to get the best quality assurance service and maintenance for your car. I signed up with Olive and the process was great. I did it on the phone with a representative. I have also filed a claim and it was easy. I had one problem though. They said it was pre-existing. But I didn't really even worry about it because they said my warranty was new. I had just signed up for it. They covered the majority of it and I paid the rest out of pocket. If you want a good warranty company to cover your car, sign up with Olive. I referred three people and they already signed up with them.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star review Clinton. Welcome to the olive family. Glad we could help you get the coverage you need and save money on your auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Olive has the most upfront pricing metrics as well as the ability to be instantly covered and I decided to go with them. The initial setup was straight to the point, so that was good. I didn't have to waste a lot of time being confused. There was a slight hiccup but a quick phone call was able to rectify that. The contract was in the email and you’ll be able to read and understand it. The good thing is you can cancel at any time, so I'm not locked into it. The rep was pleasant, professional, quick, to-the-point and answered any questions I had. She made sure everything was understood. Warranties are like acquired taste. You're gonna have to see for yourself but it's been pleasant.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star rating Shawn. Welcome to the olive family. Glad we could provide peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I found out that I didn't have a warranty on my car. It's only a 2014 but when I bought it, it was pre owned and it only had a one year warranty. So, the dealer lied to me about that. They told me that I had an extended warranty. It wasn't in my contract, which was my fault, and I didn't follow through with that. I was pressured to get a car right away and I didn't look at all the details. I got a letter from the dealer that my warranty was not in effect. I had to get something so I started looking and I came across Olive online. It seemed more frugal so I signed up with it.

I checked a bunch of others and they were quite a bit more money. I'm on a fixed income, a senior citizen and semi-retired although I work part-time. It’s not like I have a lot of money to spend. The rep was nice, very informative and kind. He said he was a licensed agent but that this was an insurance program. He was very clear. I spoke with him on three separate occasions and I asked different questions at different times. His customer service was super and the purchasing process with Olive was good.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars, Elizabeth. Welcome to olive and peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

We agree that our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

*What are often called "extended car warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Olive's payment plan option was the best one at that time that I got an extended warranty so I went with them. The process was all done through email and it was great. The coverage did show what it didn't cover which wasn't a lot at all so I feel secure with it. Olive has probably the clearest explanation as to what you get for what you pay for. You get the best deal.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars Adam. We strive to make it easy for everyone to get the peace of mind you need.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I wanted to get an extended warranty for my car. I looked at some reviews and Olive has some good ones. It looked like a good option and I signed up with them. The process was very straightforward. It was a good experience overall.

olive response

Thank you for the Four Stars Omar. let us know what we can do to get you to a Five Star rating for you. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Someone was calling me a week prior but that was the time that I didn't have time and I didn't feel like talking. I figured that I was gonna call when I had the chance but I didn't record the number they had called me. I was telling my neighbor and that was when they gave me Olive's information. I purchased the warranty and everything is fine. It was pretty easy and the representative was very helpful. However, I haven't received anything in the mail and I'd looked through my email too.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars, Ronda. We are so glad your neighbor gave us a thumbs up! If you ever need anything or you do not receive something from us that we tried to send you please check your spam and feel free to call us anytime at 646-216-9538. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

The factory warranty of my wife’s Explorer had run out. If I did it again through the dealership, I’d have to go out of pocket 3,500 bucks. With Olive, I'd make monthly payments of 126 bucks for a $250 deductible, which works out better. I emailed one of the reps and he responded to all of it. He was good and didn't try to oversell me, and I decided to go with them. 11 days after I got the policy, my wife was helping her mom move from Parkers Prairie, Minnesota down into the cities and I smelled coolant. I brought it to the dealership and it's still getting repaired. Everybody to this point has been great. They’ve gone above and beyond. I am signing my daughter up on it too because it’s very cost-effective for what you get.

olive response

Thank you for the kind words and the Five Star review Marc. We are so glad we could be there for your family when you were in need. We strive to make this process as simple, transparent and straightforward as possible so you can get the coverage you need for peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

olive Company Information