4.5/5 (300 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

Top olive Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. I...

Verified

We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maint...

What is olive?

olive offers auto warranty solutions in the form of vehicle service contracts and mechanical breakdown insurance. olive covers cars traveling in the U.S. or Canada, but the vehicle must be registered in the United States. Personalized plan options ensure drivers only pay for what they need. Unlike some of its competitors, olive has no waiting period and does not require any vehicle inspections.

How does olive work?

olive gives you complete control when it comes to receiving quotes and purchasing plans. The company’s online quote tool is available 24/7, allowing customers to buy online at any time. If you prefer to call them, their coverage advocates can help secure coverage.

olive has three plans and three deductibles to choose from, giving you nine options to purchase. Once you select a plan, the rate is locked in and will not change for a three-year term, and you can cancel anytime. When a repair is needed, take your vehicle to an ASE-certified center of your choice and call to file a claim. You’ll pay your deductible and any non-covered items, and olive pays for the rest.

olive prices

olive’s pricing varies based on the year, make, model, mileage and location of the vehicle. An average olive plan ranges between $25 and $80 each month. When selecting the olive plan that’s best for you, consider your deductible options. olive offers a choice of three plans and three deductibles. Always read the terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions based on each plan.

Olive FAQ

Where is olive available?
Your car must be registered in the U.S. to receive a plan from olive, but the company covers cars that travel in the U.S. and Canada.
Does olive cover used cars?
Yes, olive covers used cars and requires no auto inspection.
Is olive’s coverage transferable?
Yes, olive’s coverage plans are transferable and can be canceled at any time.
Does olive let you customize its plans?
Yes, olive you can customize your coverage plan to meet the needs of your vehicle. You can also choose your deductible amount (options range from $100 to $500).

Is olive good?

olive strives to provide customers with a positive experience. It’s committed to not “nickel-and-diming” its customers and provides multiple plans to choose from. olive makes things convenient for customers by not requiring a vehicle inspection or waiting period when you sign up, and it lets you take your vehicle to any ASE-verified location instead of forcing you to choose from mechanics in a network.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I purchased a car for my daughter and I was trying to get her a third-party warranty. A friend of mine suggested Olive and another company, but he said he preferred Olive because the other company wanted all the money upfront for the whole year. So, I contacted them and I was communicating by email with a gentleman named Saeed. He was very helpful and he sent me all the info I needed to know. It took me a while to make sure and decide I wanted to buy this warranty but I have a friend who works for BMW who heard about Olive as well and he said that they were a good company.

Also, the car has low miles and even though we bought it from a BMW dealer, their warranty was really expensive. So that made us decide to go cheaper. We took the next middle type of policy from Olive and it's very fair and reasonable. It's a good coverage and she's happy with it. We also talked to a couple of friends about having that and we told them how much we're paying. So, Olive might get a lot of referrals from us.

olive response

Hello M., thanks for the review and five stars! We appreciate anytime we hear future customers ask around about olive and then tell us the reviews come in positive. Let us know if we can be of any future assistance. Welcome to the olive family!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I liked the idea that it's not a contract with Olive. I can stop it ad quit paying anytime I want. The other place wanted me to pay for a contract where I was stuck in it for five years. The reps at Olive also took the time to explain the coverage. I did take the 500 deductible which is about right for a car. The way it was explained to me was that it covers everything except wear and tear. They were very respectful. I asked them dumb questions, but they answered all my questions. The only complaint I had was they didn't send me the welcome package right away. I looked at my credit card and that was how I saw the charge. But when I called them, they were very polite and I had the policy within five minutes in my email. I was very happy with it. I don't know how the service actually is but it makes me feel better to know that I got something there. My major concern was to have the electronics covered because there's no way I can fix it. I just replaced a motor in my wife's truck and having the engine replaced was $7,000.

olive response

Hello Vinson. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience and for the five stars. I apologize that there was a glitz with sending out the welcome package right away. It has been fixed now. olive is very transparent. Nothing to hide. No questions unanswered. Welcome to the no contract olive family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I bought a diesel truck, and a lot of the extended warranties that I found didn't cover all the things that go with it like the depth system and the particulate filter. The representative at Olive told me that they have ones that are more tailored to my needs, whether or not I drive a regular car or unleaded one. He had all the answers. He took the time to where we both got on the website. He walked me through the website on things that weren't covered and helped me make that decision based on my own researching. The customer service that he did, and what was covered, made me go with that direction.

What I really like about it is it wasn't one of those warranties that's like, "You got to go six years, 185,000 miles. It's going to cost you $4,800." With this particular one, they will warranty my truck up to 185,000 miles, but it'll only be three years, and I have the chance to extend it. For example, on the 2019 one-ton Ram, I paid $1,400 for a three-year extended warranty, up to 185,000 miles. Three years from now is going to be a little costlier because there's going to be more wear and tear on the engine, but just to have that peace of mind, 1,400 bucks, why not? That's a no brainer to me because a fuel filter in an oil change is roughly around $400 to $500.

olive response
    Thank you, Matt, for sharing your experience and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to bring you a hassle-free, transparent coverage. We are always here for any questions or concerns.

Welcome to the olive family!

Cheers!

Original review: May 5, 2021

I had an extended warranty that was horrible with my vehicle. It was the Warranty from Hell company. At the time, we took my mother's car in and we found out her warranty had expired. Immediately, I went in to find the extended warranty we could get because her car needs to last her a long time. Plus, I wanted to make sure I found her a warranty before she had any pre-existing conditions. Olive was one of the ones that I contacted. They sounded way too good to be true. The monthly amount alone for the coverage that my mom gets is awesome. We have the full coverage for her car. They don't beat around the bush, they're straightforward and they don't do this whole, “You need to wait a certain amount of mileage and on top of that, a certain amount of months."

During the purchase, the gentleman let me talk and ask every single question in the book that one can possibly think of, and even let me sit there and be very skeptical of it. He had no problem with answering and providing any and all information even if it was the stupidest information that I was asking. He was very patient with me and very helpful. 100%, we recommend Olive to everybody. When they talk about extended warranties, Olive is the first name that comes out of our mouths.

A month after we got the coverage, my mom's front axle went bad. There was no hesitation. There was a question about certain parts that weren't covered. It was frustrating, but it wasn't Olive’s fault. Due to an oil leakage in the front of the engine that we weren't aware of, we weren't told. Because we had the oil changed at Christian Brothers, and they tried to get a lot of work and money out of us.

It was about a month and a half before we got the extended warranty when we had the oil change. So, when they were telling us that there was a certain part in the engine that was totally gone, and it was leaking oil for a while underneath the car, we were pretty upset. We were like, “No, that's a new oil leak. We just got it changed.” We were kind of a little frustrated but Olive didn't lose their cool. They explained and made me understand how they were able to know and how it was proof that it was indeed an oil that's been there for a while. The auto shop that we went to wasn't very good at what they were paid to do.

olive response

Hi Kimberly. So sorry to hear about the former coverage that you had. olive is in fact very transparent with what we offer in our coverage. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I saw Olive advertised on television and I liked what the people had to say there. It looked affordable when I went into the website. I liked how easy it was to apply online. The advocates followed up within 24 hours with a welcoming email, information, the various areas where if I have a claim, or I want to talk with them, and they gave me phone numbers. I also decided to get my daughter some too because she wouldn't do it on her own, and hers is an '18, mine's 2016, and when we just wait, it's too late by then. I haven't put in for any possible charges but as far as everything else, it flowed naturally. They thanked me and welcomed me to Olive for both cars, and they haven't been hounding me to death with emails or different contacts, which I appreciate too.

My car is five years old in June, and usually, after paying it off, that's when things start falling apart. I'm anticipating that that will happen eventually and it is good to know that I'm not going to have to pocket out thousands and thousands of dollars for repairs. I just would really appreciate a list. They showed a diagram of stuff but it wasn't detailed and specific about what areas. It just says electronics and chassis and engine transmission. If there's a possibility of that, that would be helpful to know other than just taking it to be repaired for whatever minor thing that I might have.

olive response

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience and olive these stars!

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

First, Candace was great, explained the options and gave me plenty of time to decide. But in the first week or so after I indicated interest and before I spoke to her, I was bombarded with calls and emails that frankly lived up to the bad reputation your industry suffers from.

olive response

Peter, we will look into this as we do pride ourselves in a hassle-free experience. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to have you in the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I called and a representative who lives in Bakersfield, California called me and gave me all the options and different deductibles over the phone. And I made the choices. It was seamless. The rep was very good and helpful.

olive response

WOW, Patrick, this is a beautiful review! Thank you for olive these stars and the time it took to leave these kind words. We are happy to have you in the family!

olive

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

The reps were very good and they were very explicit. They did a very excellent job with what they were doing. Also, Olive has a variety of options and the monthly fee is very reasonable considering the way things are nowadays. I feel safe now that my Honda Odyssey is completely covered. I'm completely happy with my coverage and I suggest to others that they should try it too.

olive response
    Henry, what a wonderful suggestion to share! Thank you for this shining review and for taking the time to leave us such kind words.

We are proud to have you in the olive family.

Cheers!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I started the purchase process with Olive online and then something happened and I lost the link, so the rep called me back. She was polite, nice and helpful. It was great customer service. She said that the coverage was everything bumper-to-bumper, except for regular maintenance as far as oil changes and that sort of thing.

olive response
    Correct, Matthew, we do not cover consumable items such as batteries, head lamps, oil changes, etc, but we are there for those unexpected mechanical breakdowns. Thank you for sharing your kind words and this FIVE-STAR review!

Welcome to the family.

olive

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I liked Olive's price. As far as getting the warranty set up and navigating their website, I had my expectations met.

olive response

Jim, we pride ourselves in prices to fit any budget and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Welcome to the family!

olive Company Information