4.6/5 (241 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

Top olive Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. I...

Verified

We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maint...

What is olive?

olive offers auto warranty solutions in the form of vehicle service contracts and mechanical breakdown insurance. olive covers cars traveling in the U.S. or Canada, but the vehicle must be registered in the United States. Personalized plan options ensure drivers only pay for what they need. Unlike some of its competitors, olive has no waiting period and does not require any vehicle inspections.

How does olive work?

olive gives you complete control when it comes to receiving quotes and purchasing plans. The company’s online quote tool is available 24/7, allowing customers to buy online at any time. If you prefer to call them, their coverage advocates can help secure coverage.

olive has three plans and three deductibles to choose from, giving you nine options to purchase. Once you select a plan, the rate is locked in and will not change for a three-year term, and you can cancel anytime. When a repair is needed, take your vehicle to an ASE-certified center of your choice and call to file a claim. You’ll pay your deductible and any non-covered items, and olive pays for the rest.

olive prices

olive’s pricing varies based on the year, make, model, mileage and location of the vehicle. An average olive plan ranges between $25 and $80 each month. When selecting the olive plan that’s best for you, consider your deductible options. olive offers a choice of three plans and three deductibles. Always read the terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions based on each plan.

Olive FAQ

Where is olive available?
Your car must be registered in the U.S. to receive a plan from olive, but the company covers cars that travel in the U.S. and Canada.
Does olive cover used cars?
Yes, olive covers used cars and requires no auto inspection.
Is olive’s coverage transferable?
Yes, olive’s coverage plans are transferable and can be canceled at any time.
Does olive let you customize its plans?
Yes, olive you can customize your coverage plan to meet the needs of your vehicle. You can also choose your deductible amount (options range from $100 to $500).

Is olive good?

olive strives to provide customers with a positive experience. It’s committed to not “nickel-and-diming” its customers and provides multiple plans to choose from. olive makes things convenient for customers by not requiring a vehicle inspection or waiting period when you sign up, and it lets you take your vehicle to any ASE-verified location instead of forcing you to choose from mechanics in a network.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I had an extended warranty that was horrible with my vehicle. It was the Warranty from Hell company. At the time, we took my mother's car in and we found out her warranty had expired. Immediately, I went in to find the extended warranty we could get because her car needs to last her a long time. Plus, I wanted to make sure I found her a warranty before she had any pre-existing conditions. Olive was one of the ones that I contacted. They sounded way too good to be true. The monthly amount alone for the coverage that my mom gets is awesome. We have the full coverage for her car. They don't beat around the bush, they're straightforward and they don't do this whole, “You need to wait a certain amount of mileage and on top of that, a certain amount of months."

During the purchase, the gentleman let me talk and ask every single question in the book that one can possibly think of, and even let me sit there and be very skeptical of it. He had no problem with answering and providing any and all information even if it was the stupidest information that I was asking. He was very patient with me and very helpful. 100%, we recommend Olive to everybody. When they talk about extended warranties, Olive is the first name that comes out of our mouths.

A month after we got the coverage, my mom's front axle went bad. There was no hesitation. There was a question about certain parts that weren't covered. It was frustrating, but it wasn't Olive’s fault. Due to an oil leakage in the front of the engine that we weren't aware of, we weren't told. Because we had the oil changed at Christian Brothers, and they tried to get a lot of work and money out of us.

It was about a month and a half before we got the extended warranty when we had the oil change. So, when they were telling us that there was a certain part in the engine that was totally gone, and it was leaking oil for a while underneath the car, we were pretty upset. We were like, “No, that's a new oil leak. We just got it changed.” We were kind of a little frustrated but Olive didn't lose their cool. They explained and made me understand how they were able to know and how it was proof that it was indeed an oil that's been there for a while. The auto shop that we went to wasn't very good at what they were paid to do.

olive response

Hi Kimberly. So sorry to hear about the former coverage that you had. olive is in fact very transparent with what we offer in our coverage. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had bought a new car about two months ago, and they had an extended warranty on the car. They were telling me, which I regret, that if I were to cancel it, my car loan would go down like 40 bucks a month. The guy was also saying, “Oh, you don't really need it because you got a brand new car.” So, I listened to him, being naive, and I cancelled it. As soon as my mom found out, she said, “No, you don't do that. Anything can happen at any time with a brand new car.” I didn't realize that because I had a brand new Chevy about five years back. I had it a week and the whole engine went out. I regretted it as soon as I did it because my car loan didn't even go down. They just gave $2,000 to the finance company. So, I need to put something on because I don't know what's gonna happen. As soon as I got olive, not even like seven days, my alternator went out. It was crazy but my factory warranty is paying for it. So, I have a rental right now.

I did the setup online, but I had to call olive because I didn't get an email. I had to confirm everything was correct, and the gentleman that I did speak to was very helpful. He sent me an email right away. I also spoke to somebody when my battery died and I was trying to figure out what was going on with my car. I did speak to a gentleman and he was the reason why my car is being fixed right now. He said, “Well, we would love to help you and fix your vehicle but, you're under a factory warranty for five years. I don't know why they didn't tell you that because you have a brand new car, you have a factory warranty.” He was the reason why I went over to the Hyundai dealership and got it fixed. He was very helpful.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars, Meeka. Welcome to the olive family. We are very happy we can help you have peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. There was a little bit of confusion but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

There weren't a lot of options. There were three levels and I sought the best program. However, it was a lot more than I thought it was gonna be. I didn't have to get the full coverage but I'm kind of a full coverage kind of gal. I don't want to have to sweat the small things and manage in spite. Even my health insurance, I have a good plan so I don't have to spend hours on the phone trying to decode what's covered and what's not. I don't like doing that ‘cause it's very time consuming.

Olive didn't quite explain to me how the claims work if I ever were to have one. I was waiting to get that whole booklet for me to go through it but they didn't send me the whole program of what it covers. We talked about it over the phone and the rep described some of the features it covers but it's a lot different when someone's telling you in your ear. I don't remember all the details.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars, Korina. Remember that those 3 options for coverage also allow 3 different deductible options. If you feel like the monthly payment is a bit higher than you are comfortable with, raising your deductible can be a great way to get the coverage you want while keeping your monthly payment low. Since you are a "full coverage kind of gal" the low deductible comprehensive coverage sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. With our cancel anytime monthly payment program we want to work hard every month to earn your business, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer advocates over the phone if you have any questions or did not receive your coverage details (sometimes those things go to spam) and we will make sure you get everything you need in writing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My vehicle doesn't have an extended warranty policy and it's a newer vehicle. With electronics and everything else, I didn't wanna get stuck with paying for something. I looked into extended warranties. About a month ago when I first started looking for a truck, I filled out a quote. Olive called me shortly thereafter to try to get me to purchase an extended warranty through them. I wasn’t ready because I didn't purchase the truck yet. They were very nice and just told me to give them a call. When I got my new truck, I went back to their website and did everything through there. They immediately sent me all the information that I needed as far as the warranty contract and everything else. It was really easy and straightforward.

Their rep was great and was easy to talk to. It didn't seem like it was a call center from another country. That sometimes kinda gets irritating because you cannot understand and they may not understand your questions. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Olive has good and affordable coverage that is painless to set up. I generally do my research and it says that Olive is credited through the Better Business Bureau so I trust that. I hope that everything is the way it comes up to be. It seems like Olive is a trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and detailed assessment Joshua-and welcome to the olive family. We couldn't have put it any better ourselves. We are glad we can be here for you when you need us, and in giving you peace of mind from expensive auto repairs. You are correct our customer advocates are no pressure direct employees of olive living in the US. We are also one of the few BBB A+ rated companies in our industry. We will work hard to earn your business every month! Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We had Olive hooked up within 10 to 15 minutes. I did all of it online, then I got a phone call. It was hassle-free and they got me covered up to 175,000 miles, which is three times the life of the car I got right now. I got a more reliable vehicle than I have in the past, but I’m always cautious when it comes to the vehicle breaking down. I would definitely recommend Olive, especially if one's factory warranty goes out. My sister-in-law went with us across country. While she drove her car, her transmission went out. She was only a couple hundreds over her factory warranty and they won’t do anything about it.

olive response

Theodore, we are sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's unexpected breakdown! We are happy to say that a costly repair wont be on you, if you experience the same. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I got Olive recommended from one of the mechanic I talk at the dealership and it was pretty smooth signing up. The rep was excellent. I'm driving a pretty nice expensive car and I don't want to deal with any surprises down the road when something goes bad. Having Olive is a peace of mind.

olive response

Welcome to the olive family, Maor! Thank you for sharing this FOUR-STAR review.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I called the repair shop and they recommended one company. When I read the reviews on them, it didn't sound too impressive. There's a whole selection of companies online and Olive has good reviews. I put my information in to see what kind of price it would be then a lady contacted me with an email and we got in touch. It sounded good and I like the monthly payments instead of one payment. I also like that it started right away and there are a lot of good features that the other companies didn't seem to offer. Hopefully, I never have to use it, but I feel better having it.

olive response

James, we are so happy to hear you dug into your coverage options and became part of the olive family! Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words and these stars.

Enjoy the olive difference!

Cheers

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Olive has better rate for the same service and coverage than the other companies. The reps were very professional and made the process easy. I have already recommended them to several people that I know.

olive response
    Thank you, Antonio, for this FIVE-STAR review and for sharing olive with your friends and family.

Have a beautiful day.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

My experience purchasing the plan was amazing. I called and the guy I happened to talk to was friendly and open. He explained everything to me and how it worked. When he told me how expensive it was, I thought, “How can I say no?” It seems to cover everything that I was worried about and that's what got me interested. I'm perfectly satisfied so far.

olive response

George, thank you for taking the time to dig deep into your coverage and leave this AWESOME review!

Have a wonderful day and welcome to the family.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I called Olive and they explained to me what coverage they have for our price. I told them to explain to me what kind of coverage I have from the front end to the backend for the amount of money I'm paying. The rep who is my go-to person told me it covers everything including my brakes, transmission and motor. I can also take it for a brake check or a change of oil to a shop and Olive will cover it. She gave me her personal number, helped me out a lot and explained everything to me so I was satisfied. If I don’t have a go-to person, I would be frustrated to go to take the car in then have to go to 10 different people just to say I'm covered. I recommend anybody that has no warranty on their car to go to Olive.

olive response

Thank you, George, for your kind words and sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in a hassle free sign up and knowledgeable sales staff. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Purchasing the policy was hassle-free. When I was looking, I didn't get a ton of calls to check if I still wanted to get the warranty. One thing that they probably need to keep doing is making sure they're not hassling people to get something.

olive response

Thank you, Queshan, for this FIVE-STAR review and your kind words. We pride ourselves in a hassle free experience and are so happy to hear that we met expectations. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I told Olive what I needed and they gave me the plan and told me what it costs. The price point was really good, too. I gave my first month's deposit and they gave me a contract number. It was super simple. Pretty much you could do everything online which I really appreciate. They're also just a phone call away and I could understand them which was nice.

olive response
    Ray, your kind words and shining review have made our day! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The young lady was great. She answered my questions and was quite helpful. I spoke with her a couple of times and there were no pressures. She was just telling me about Olive and what it does. It worked out well.

olive response

Deneice, we are so happy olive your questions were answered. Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and welcome to the family!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I went with Olive because of the price. I did it over the phone and the customer service and the package that I got were 5 stars.

olive response

With 9 options to choose from, we are happy you found the right one for your budget,Marvin. Thank you for this SHINING review and welcome to the family.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I had to read the website a couple of times to make sure that I got all the details, but it answered all my questions. Mostly, I dealt with one rep and she was very persistent. I was in the process of getting ready to leave the country for a vacation, and it took three weeks for me to finally sign off on anything.

olive response
    Michael, we are happy you dug deep into your coverage options and chose olive for your peace of mind. All quotes are good for 30 days, so you can take some time to be on an adventure, or just think it over.

Welcome to the olive family. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I selected Olive Auto Warranty because they gave me a good offer. I could have got it a lot lower. But their sales rep was good. She explained herself well, did everything she told me she would do, sent over quotes. We talked on and on. So, we weren't phone tagging each other. She wasn't pushy. Also, I like the idea that I can stop the coverage at any time. Something I don't like and hate, I could stop it. And the coverage that I got was everything covered up on my truck. It was $56 and something for three years.

Olive gave me some time to think, and the rep sent me an email with some quotes listed. They had three years, this amount of money and another at 56, powertrain, a 36 and one for 50,000. The breakdown was good to me. Seemed I was getting more bang for my buck when I did that powertrain warranty with everything covered. I was offered three of them but for lower amounts. I was comparing all three of them and the one that I got covered overall was my better option. I wish I can just have a six or five-year plan rather than three. Three is okay but sometimes I would have my car for six years, sometimes five. But I can't renew.

olive response

Hi Dwight, we are so glad to hear you and Suzy got everything taken care of regarding your coverage. We work hard to be the online leader in mechanical breakdown coverage! Thanks for the five stars. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The rep that I worked with was very helpful and polite.

olive response

Hello Peter, thanks for your five stars and your comment! Glad to hear you had a good experience. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The lady that helped me called then I called my wife on two-way. We discussed it with her on the line and she waited there. She was patient with us. My wife said to go ahead and get it but it was right in the middle of the month. I don't want to have my bill needing to be paid in the middle of the month. The representative called us back on the 1st, as we requested, and we went with Olive.

olive response

Domingo, thanks for taking the time to share your experience and these stars. We are happy to have you and your wife in the olive family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The sales reps from Olive were very nice and knowledgeable about the product. My husband was more detailed than I was and the reps answered any questions he had. He wanted the coverage to include everything we possibly could need. It was fairly easy purchasing the coverage and we did everything by phone. We're completely satisfied. We enjoyed the representatives. They did a good job.

olive response

Hi Christine, thanks for the five stars! We are so glad to hear about your experience and how pleased you were with our staff. olive strives for complete transparency with our customers. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you or your husband. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The copies of the coverage were never mailed to me. I had to download a bunch of stuff from the internet which I didn't particularly care for. Ink is expensive these days and on top of that, you don't carry your computer around with you to see what's covered and what's not.

olive response

Hi Dorothy, we appreciate your feedback. olive is a green company and therefore we try to prevent printing as much as possible. We do apologize for any miscommunication or added frustration regarding documents being mailed out to you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are always available via phone or email. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The signup process with Olive was quick and the plan seems to be satisfactory to me. It has full coverage. The reps were very nice in handling my signup, so I didn't have any difficulty at all. They went out of their way to be nice and explain what I needed to know, which is very rare these days. I was happy with them.

olive response

Hi Barry, thanks for the five stars and your comment. We appreciate you sharing how easy the signup process was and that the staff you spoke with met all of your needs. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I talked to 10 different companies even after I purchased Olive to see different prices. It was a factor in choosing them and I liked that you can pay by the month. I'd pay a monthly fee for three years. The communication with the reps was good as well as their knowledge.

olive response

Hi Jeffrey, we totally understand the interest in shopping around in order to get exactly what you want. Glad olive was your final decision in getting your vehicle covered. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The sign up process was a little bad. I put my information in through the site called CARCHEX and somehow went to Olive’s site. The rep wasn't aware of that website. So it was a little confusing with how I got to Olive. That process could have been a little bit better.

olive response

Hello Eric, I do apologize a out the confusion with Carchex. olive does not have any affiliation with Carchex. They offer referrals that match the information you enter. That is how we assume you got to olive. We do again apologize for any confusion and hope olive did provide you with good customer service besides the initial confusion. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Purchasing the coverage was a very simple and straightforward process. It was much easier than I thought. It took very little effort. All the information was straightforward. I emailed with the agent, and the agent gave me all the help I needed.

olive response

Hello Steve, so glad to hear you had a good experience with purchasing your policy. We strive to make things easy and are all about full transparency for our customers. We appreciate the five stars. Let us know if you have any further questions. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

It was extremely easy to purchase the policy online. It was a very good experience. I’d recommend it.

olive response

Hello Chris, thanks so much for your five stars and taking the time to comment. We are glad to hear it was easy to purchase your policy online. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I had a good experience with the agent that I talked to. The signing up experience was fine. But the overall experience has not been pleasant. The transmission went out on my car. I took it my car to the place that their website recommended. Then Olive told me that it’s a preexisting condition and that they cannot cover it. But I have been told that my car does not have a preexisting condition. I've went through all kinds of management with them. I have given them all kinds of proof that it's not a preexisting condition. They made me pay to have the transmission pan pulled and tore apart to prove all kinds of stuff, and telling me then they’ll decide whether or not they will cover it.

olive response

We apologize that you did not have the experience you expected, during your claims process. Now that your car has been fixed, we can rule out pre-existing conditions. We thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to provide the customer service and experience you will be satisfied with, going forward. We appreciate you sharing your experience as it helps us strive for excellence with our customers.

Have a wonderful day,

olive

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The young lady I talked to from Olive was Nadia. She was very pleasant and professional. She explained all the different warranties, what's covered and what I could do. The signing up experience was very good. As far as claims, I was told that once you get to a repair shop, I just call Olive and they will go over what is covered with me, I will pay my deductible, then they would take care of the rest. I definitely like that.

olive response

Hi Brenda, thanks for sharing your experience with Nadia. We appreciate you telling us how good you felt after getting olive coverage. Thanks for the five stars as well! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

The rep was really nice and super knowledgeable. She was a great communicator. She was able to explain everything that she was doing. The different plan options were pretty good compared to what I was looking at prior. I'm paying them $45 a month. Overall, the customer service was great. Purchasing the policy was a fast, easy, and seamless process.

olive response

Whoo hoo! We love to hear that we have met expectations, here at olive, Ashley. Thank you for taking the time to share this FIVE-STAR review with us.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The application process was easy. I still gotta get the printout of my warranty and see what it covers. But everything seems reasonable. They pretty well covered my transmission and most of the engines.

olive response

Hey Albert! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I will check into your account and make certain you get those documents, electronically. As we are a green company, it will come to the email on file. If you are finding it is not showing up, please reach back out to us at olive.com or 1-866-759-1194. We may need to verify your email is correct.

olive Company Information