Joe Cooper Ford

Tulsa, OK

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Unfortunately Joe Cooper Ford of Shawnee exhibited everything that is bad about the car buying business. I drove a considerable way to test drive and pick up an Escape they had listed and I wanted. I test drove the vehicle and agreed to buy it. Shame on me. I wasn’t feeling too well and just wanted to wrap up the purchase and go home. Several services were added to my contract without my consent and without explanation. I called after I got home and reviewed the contract. I got a hold of someone that said they would get the charges reversed and it would take up to 2 months for all the paperwork to be corrected and funds credited.

After the two months, I did not receive any confirmation and attempted to get a hold of the gentleman who said he was helping. No surprise he is gone and when I finally and directed to someone who actually could help me who by the way did not work at the dealership and was the only who could have helped me all along. I am not sure why I wasn’t directed to her in the first place. After 6 months I finally got the process to conclusion but also losing a considerable amount of the value of those canceled services. My only conclusion is either the employees at Joe Cooper Ford of Shawnee are inept or are deceptive in their practices. Either way I would avoid them like the plague.

We bought a 2013 Ford Focus for my daughter for graduation so she would have something reliable. That is not the case!! It has been in the shop 3 times since we have had it (All for transmission issues). My daughter is not old enough to get a rental car from them so myself or my husband has to take off work to go get it or take it back. I wish they would have told us that kind of car has transmission issues before we bought it!! Would not recommend Joe Cooper to anyone!!

I recently purchased a used vehicle from Joe Cooper last May. I thought the salesman I dealt with was honest and great. Well two weeks after I drove off the lot, my car started to overheat. Joe Cooper approved me to take my car into a service shop closer to where I live being that the road side assistance is only free for 25 miles and well I live over 200 miles away. They fixed the original problems with no hassle. Mind you, I noticed that the car still wasn't driving right, but I thought I just need to have all my fluids changed since it had overheated. I had that taken care of thinking that the car would drive better and it only got worse.

I called Joe Cooper service and they agreed again to take the car back to the service shop to determine what's going on. My car has been at the service shop for a week now. The service manager finally after 4 days, calls me to tell me that the problem with the car is not going to be covered under warranty, it is going to be $1000.00 to fix the car and that they want me to pay $250 down and an extra $75 on my car payments which I am current on. I can understand things not being covered under warranty, but I cant understand why they do not want to work with a good customer who has had problems with this car since I bought it. Even the guy at the service shop said that you can tell this car has had problems for a long time and asked me if Joe Cooper even serviced the car before I bought it? I brought that up to the service manager and he just laughed it off.

As a single Mom whom lives far out from anywhere, it is very important for me to have reliable transportation. I wonder if I was his Mom, wife, Daughter, and or even sister, would he be laughing then. It should not be so difficult to work with your customers that need help fixing the crap that you sold to them. I will never ever refer anyone to the dealership. Not only for the crappy cars, but for their poor customer service and lack of respect.

I have purchased two cars from Joe Cooper Easy Credit over the last few years and I understand that they are helping us to reestablish our credit when we have had problems in the past. Yet, this last vehicle I purchased, I have made payments on it for almost two years and have not been late or missed a payment. Today, I went in to see about trading in my vehicle for a small pickup. After filling out paperwork and waiting for some time, I was informed that my vehicle had too many miles on it for them to purchase it back.

If I wanted to give them an additional $1000 and my vehicle then they could help me out. Or I could wait for four more months and then come back and try again. I explained to the salesman that I have already paid almost $9600 in two years for this vehicle and that was more than the vehicle was worth then and that Joe Cooper had already made their money on this vehicle, besides the extra that they were wanting now. He told me that he understood and that I was approved for another vehicle, so if I would like to go ahead and purchase the small pickup, I could just pay for both vehicles.

It would seem that if you have a customer that has been loyal in making payments and is wanting to return to do more business that you would accommodate them. When you have already made money on this purchase and then are trying to get more... that is bad business. I don't care how bad it gets in the future... I will not be back to Joe Cooper's Easy Credit!

My car has been in for service for the same front end issue 4 times, 2 of which required them to keep it for a week each time. 2 weeks ago the issue began again and instead of bringing my car in I wanted to discuss the problem with the Service Department Supervisor. After numerous attempts and finally an email to the manager I received a call back from the Service Department Supervisor but unfortunately I was unable to answer the phone when he called. Now 9 days later and many phone calls and another email I have yet to speak with anyone about my car. This is beyond frustrating. I want to stay with Joe Cooper for convenience and because they have the records as to what has been done on the front end but I am beginning to think I need to change to Bob Hurley Ford.

I have been a customer with Joe Cooper Ford since they purchased the Ford Dealership on 34th and Sheridan. Since 2002 I have used the Ford Dealership at this location for all service needed on my Ford vehicles. In July of 2013 I purchased a NEW Ford Explorer Limited from Joe Cooper. Within a week I had an issue and brought the car in for service. I expressed my disappointment to the advisor and I was told "We don't make the cars. We just fix them". Over the past 3 years I have experienced some of the worst customer service from the Service Department. It is extremely difficult to get in touch with your service advisor for updates, at times they can be dismissive and rude and my car almost always comes back dirtier than I left it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Joe Cooper Ford?

Over the past 14 years my wife and I have owned about 13 vehicles. It doesn't take a math professor to do this simple math; a new car almost every year which means we are trading in a one or the other every 2 years. So we know and have seen quite a bit of the car buying experience. Joe Cooper Ford has to rank among one of the worst places we have EVER been to purchase a car. We were there last Saturday (drove over an hour and half to Tulsa) to look at trucks. We knew what we wanted in a vehicle, and we know what we should have received on our trade in. The sales person took our information and ran the numbers and came back at us with a ridiculous payment that wasn't even in the ball park of where we wanted to be.

Here is where it gets interesting, he didn't even want to try and work to get us in a vehicle!! I told him what he was trying to give us on trade in and monthly payment was ** and essentially he told us that if we wanted to be in the price range we wanted to be then we were "barking up the wrong tree!!" LMAO! Really?? Well mind you Joe Cooper of Tulsa we did find us a truck and purchased it the same day (when we find what we want we are serious car buyers!!) IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD SALES EXPERIENCE THEN GO TO EVERETT CHEVROLET IN SPRINGDALE AR!!! They know how to truly treat a customer and work with you to find what you want and the price point you are looking for. If I was the owner of this car dealership I would seriously evaluate the management and sales staff that worked for me.

I took my 2011 Escape in for service because my power steering would randomly stop functioning. I was told that the torque sensor had gone out. After looking online I found out that 1.1 million Escapes had been recalled because of faulty sensors, but mine was not in the correct batch. The repair was $742.00. I contacted Ford Motor Corporation and explained the issue. Ford in turn did contact Joe Cooper. Although my part wasn't in the recall, they were able to pay half of the bill. My part was only $321. Not a perfect outcome, but much better than the first option.

Todd was absolutely AMAZING!!! I have never went in a car dealership and gotten out so fast with a car I loved! I live almost 2 hours from the dealership so he made sure everything was handled before I got there!! I would recommend him to anyone!!

I have never been treated this badly by a dealership. The salesman Ryan was very nice but he lost a sale over $300 because the managers wouldn't budge on the price of a used Mustang. Their General Manager I believe his name was Don, but if that's wrong then he was the short, fat, bald guy with glasses. I explained how many times I'd been there and what I was willing to pay based on other dealers and mileage of similar vehicles and he had the nerve to tell that "maybe you just shouldn't buy a car here". (Not the only remarks he made, he also defended his pricing and the negative reviews that this dealer has, as well as continually cutting me off as I spoke and escalating his negative tone.)

So anyway he took it to a personal level very quickly and I'd had enough and told him that I could accommodate him and buy elsewhere. But I kept my cool and said to have a nice day. He smirked and made the same statement only in a childish condescending tone and had the nerve to march up to my face as he said it and then followed right on my heels as I left his office and was chasing me out the door when I stopped. That's when I could no longer tolerate this jerk and I advised him to back up immediately. Apparently he could tell I was serious and he backed up. Who does that??? Who insults people and then continues to argue as I tell them I'm leaving?

I was warned about this dealership by so many people but I gave them a shot because they are in my hometown. I will never set foot on any Joe Cooper lot again. The management here is the worst I've ever seen. They do not come off their prices at all. The GM is lucky I'm as patient as I am because anybody else would have knocked him out if he had spoken and acted that way and he came very close to that happening. Thank goodness I possess the manners and restraint that this jerk doesn't have. He's in the only business that would have this kind of fool working with them. To the salesman Ryan **, I actually feel bad and any other dealer would be lucky to have a young man like this working for them. So give him a call and hire him away from this awful place.

Consumer Increased Rating!

As of a few days ago, they contacted me and said that they would give me a parts refund due to them losing my parts. I can't tell you how much I am relieved. I was scared at first because they wouldn't call me, but in the end it all worked out. Again, the car was fixed well in the first place. I am happy for their help and I change my rating because they were kind and gave me a parts refund.

Laura of Novi, MI on

Original Review

I have been working with them since August when my car broke down while of a road trip. I have been trying to get my parts back from them for over a month and it has been very stressful and difficult to get in touch with them. At one point they had some of my broken parts and now I call and they can't find them. I need these parts to return to get a refund. Today, I finally called for the 3rd time within the last three days and talked with the service department. I am so upset that they can't find the parts they at one point had. Plus, they aren't all the broken parts I needed anyways. I really hope to rectify the situation.

My review for now is AVOID THEM at all costs. The car works really well, but EVERYTHING else has been a hassle. I have been calling the dealership so often for over a month. I cannot believe they lost whatever parts they had. I thought they had to keep my broken parts for 2 days, but I learned from them that they do not have to. All is not horrible because that would be rude of me. My car was fixed and better than the first time. But just avoid them. I will change my review if anything changes. AVOID THEM!!! DO IT! DON'T GO TO THEM. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID. But this all can change, I hope :) Thank you for your time everyone.

We had a faulty spring we didn't know about before we purchased. They refuse to correct the problem, even though we purchased the extended warranty. We were told "that's why we encourage customers to inspect the vehicle before they purchase." They did not make this recommendation. And we are not car experts as the PEOPLE WHO SELL AND SERVICE CARS should be. DO NOT BUY HERE.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Since the review I wrote 10 days ago (which was just published) the GM Mark ** for Joe Cooper called me last week and explained his sincere apology for all the problems with the 2007 Explorer Sport Trac. That truck should have never left the company that does the detailing and inspections on all their vehicles, let alone leave their dealership. Mr ** said they will make right all the mechanical expenses we had to pay for.

I sent him the bill we had to pay for from our mechanic and the overage towing bill that State Farm would not pay. State Farm says they will pay to tow it to the nearest repair center. That would have been to Shawnee from where we were on the Turner Turnpike. State Farm expects you to pay your insurance on time. It's your job to get them to pay.

Good Luck! Mr ** was was very courteous and professional. I guess it never got up the line to him the problems we were having from day one. Since it came to his attention, it got handled quickly.

Rick of Owasso, OK on

Original Review

We bought a 2007 Ford Explorer Trac from Joe Cooper Ford in Shawnee. Had problems before we got back to Owasso. Got up the next day and found no anti-freeze in the radiator with the radiator cap stuck on full of stop leak. Took it to a place I have dealt with for 30 yrs to have the radiator flushed, new tires. The shop called and was told the tensioner pulley was bad - that was the noise that started before we got home. The radiator had a 8" crack in it and had to replace it along with the serpentine belt which had some kind of engine shine fluid all over it. So $1600.00 dollars later, we thought it was fixed.

We started South the next day to her Dad's in Warr Acres OKC for the 4th and made it 6 miles West of the Wellston exit and it shelled out all the anti-freeze. Was towed to the Dealership in Shawnee. That cost $174.00 in which State Farm will only pay $61.00. Thermostat housing cracked and after another $499.00. Thank goodness for the 3yr/36,000 extra warranty. We still had to pay $100.00 deductible. Still the expense of 3 trips to Shawnee from Owasso. Ask about getting the door code from them, was told we will call you back. When pigs fly. Also told from the manager he was trying to get us reimbursed for the out of pocket cost on the truck. That was 2 weeks ago.

They knew it had been wrecked. It was suppose to been through a multiple point inspection and detail. Yea Right! Joe Cooper and other Dealerships spend millions of advertising dollars enticing you to come to their dealerships. It's too bad they don't spend some of the money making sure their cars are safe, reliable for the people that work hard for their living that need a vehicle, instead of talking among their sales staff when you pull up and saying "well we got another sucker coming in". Thank God for social media. hang on, the fun is about to take place.

I took my truck in for service. I could see that they were busy and I offered to come back at another time. I was told it would be a couple of hours so they would take me home. I left my truck. This was where I made my mistake. A lot of promises were made and I was informed that I wouldn't get my only means of transportation back for four days. I am very unhappy this time and rethinking my decision of ever using this company again. On a good note the employees were doing their best in a bad situation and were taking the brunt of customers' dissatisfaction. The company is at fault here not the employees. After all they only follow company procedure and protocol.

Purchased a Dodge Durango. We traded in our Loaded Tahoe. Agreed on trade-in price but they didn't pay the entire agreed price to lender. We signed 5 different contract over a 3 month span. No one would answer me directly but refer to our situation like baking cookies! Insulting. We agreed on a downpayment but by end had to pay additional thousand dollars. They never fixed my windshield that leaks air as they promised, never fixed the stuck forward button as promised. TO THIS DAY I STILL DON'T HAVE A TITLE! THAT WAS IN JULY OF '14. THEY ARE ALL CROOKS!...LIARS, AND ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN. MY COUSIN HAD SAME EXPERIENCE.

I don't even think Joe Cooper is worth 1 star. Purchasing a truck from Joe Cooper in Yukon has turned out to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had to go through. My husband chose a truck and we had our bank approve us for the loan. The only thing Joe Cooper had to handle was the paperwork. Two months later the paperwork is still messed up. We have had to sign the paperwork 5, yes I said FIVE TIMES, and they have LOST it all FIVE times. So we have a truck we have been driving for 2 months that our bank can't wire money for because we don't have the paperwork. Where is the paperwork with all of my personal information????? Yikes, after FIVE TIMES I would think they would get it right.

We have called EVERYDAY about the paperwork and title and someone always says they will call us back. NEVER has anyone Ever called us back. We have always had to call them. Joe Cooper keeps giving us a temp tag and promising us paperwork but as of today we still have not seen it. We got this truck June 18th, 3 temp tags later and still no paperwork. Joe Cooper has the WORST customer service I have EVER had to deal with. I finally called the acting General Manager ** and was basically told he would look into yet again and then he hung up on me. (I would think from embarrassment from yet again not having answers for me.)

I am pretty sure that Joe Cooper continuously giving temp tags on a 2 month old truck is not the best business practice. My next step is to file a claim with the Oklahoma Attorney Generals Office and the Better Business Bureau. I would not recommend anyone doing business with Joe Cooper in Yukon. There are so many other Ford dealers in Oklahoma that has better customer service and business practices. I cringe at the thought of Joe Cooper even being in business.

We purchased a vehicle in 2011 and went to trade it in today, only to find out we were sold a car with falsified mileage and a branded title. Contract they signed states they were giving us "accurate mileage guaranteed." We are suing for breach of contract and consumer fraud. Do not buy from Joe Cooper Ford in Yukon. Ever. You've been warned!

Found a truck on the internet. I called the dealership, signed a sales agreement, went through all the trouble to go to the bank and got a loan and draft. Then I took off of work to drive all the way to Tulsa where I was told the truck was already sold. After that, they said the truck was sold before it arrived because it was a special order. I didn't know you could special order a 2012 truck. The manager came out pissed; acted like it was all our fault for trying to buy a truck from their dealership. When we asked if they had anything else we could look at, he responded in a hateful tone that they didn't have anything for us and ran us off of their lot. Who loves you Oklahoma?

I purchased a new F150 Nov. 23 2011 from Joe Cooper Ford. I negotiated a price, trade allowance and rebate incentive including an interest rate. I took the truck home and had for almost 30 days. I was notified by the lien holder of my trade that they had not paid it off. I made several phone calls to the dealership and finally spoke to the F&I guy. He said one of the rebates they allowed me did not apply and that I would have to pay an additional $1500 for the same truck I had owned now for almost 30 days. I had already purchased aftermarket items for it and put over 1500 miles on the motor. I immediately took it back got a copy of my paperwork that I had signed and took to Bill Knight Ford. They immediately got me approved for the interest rate, all of the Rebates and trade. They also discounted a more expensive truck to match the deal. Beware of Joe Cooper Ford and the finance dept. They were mad that I did not buy the extended warranty and I feel that is why they wanted to raise the price. I have heard of several others being contacted after the deal was made trying to do the same thing.

On May 20th 2010, I bought a new Ford F-150 from Joe Cooper and one of the stipulations was that they were to put on a hard bed cover. I was told that it would take two weeks to order and get it in. It is now July 18th, a little over eight weeks and still have not gotten what I paid for.

Wade **, the General Manager for Joe Cooper says that they are working on it.

Bought a vehicle and traded old one in on Feb 3, 2007. Never received title, Ford Motor Credit was not paid off for old loan until March 3rd, nor did they have new contract on march 2nd. Joe Cooper Ford repo'd new vehicle on Feb 27th 2007 when 1st payment date was due on March 5th, 2007. Contract is not signed, I have a letter signed by the GM, K. Karn (march 1) stating that the delay was their fault on paying off old vehicle.

I followed FMC's instructions on March 1st to return the vehicle since they had no information on a new account and old vehicle was not paid off. Was told that company policy states vehicle financing contracts must be submitted within 5 working days.

I lost both vehicles. I can't finance another vehicle. My house burnt down in August of 2008 and now I'm semi homeless with my family due to this.

Joe Cooper Ford Company Profile