Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.72/5

Oklahoma City, OK

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

79 David Stanley Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I purchased a 2012 Chevy Impala in May of 2012, nice car. I went on a long road trip to Colorado started to go up Pike's peak, hadn't even accelerated but was just starting to go up steep incline. All of a sudden we hear rattling noises like the whole engine going to fall out. Called David Stanley, they said to bring the vehicle in and they will check it out. This was in June I went on this trip, why is the car making noises already? So they called said they drove it up and down a steep incline, their driveway into David Stanley's. Advised that does not compare to Pike's Peak incline, they said they could not hearing anything and if it happened again bring it back. Well I start hearing a noise when I back up. Called again, took it back in, they found nothing but a rock in my trunk that was causing the noise.

Wait it gets better. I had to fix a flat because of a nail so I have a tire with patchwork done. Well I too was advised tires for life if you have service done at David Stanley. So I took vehicle in for oil change and rotate tires. A week later my tire starts going flat again. I think, “Man where am I going to keeping running over nails.” I took it where I had the first tire fixed, and the man comes out to say the patchwork was leaking and they redone it for free. I asked him, "Wait it's the same tire you previously repaired." He said "Yes." I told, "It couldn't be because I just had my tires rotated." He said, "No ma'am, it's the same one in the exact same place." I was livid so called David Stanley and the service manager said, "Oh, we were busy and must have overlooked getting it done." I told, "You didn't overlook charging me now did you?" He said to bring it back in and they will get it done. I told him, "I live 40 miles away." Was he going to reimburse me for gas?

Then his true colors came out. He was rude and sarcastic, I told him I would like to speak with his boss. The boss gets on the phone apologizes and says he will take care of it. I told him and his manager, I just wanted reimbursed that I would go elsewhere and have it done. He reassured me that he would reimburse me, rotate the tires and compensate me for my troubles that never happened. Just like I have never seen my owner's manual. Been asking for it since I bought the vehicle still have not received it to this day. When this recall came out about ignition switch. I called to schedule appointment and told I needed a rental to go to work. She said I would have to get my own but they could drop me off at work within 5 miles of dealership.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

On October 30th 2015, my son went and purchased his first car on his own even after I advised him not to go to this dealership because my husband and I already had had a bad experience with them. So my son ended up coming home with a car he was happy with. After just 2 weeks someone called him and said something happened with the previous owner of the vehicle and they couldn't get the title. I called the gentleman myself and he said they needed the car back so I told him we would be there at 3:30pm, please have my son's down payment and his trade in car.

We went, we waited 30 minutes, they said I'll be right back. A manager is filling out the check for the down payment and another person was going to get my son's car. We waited and nothing yet so we asked who was the manager. Which he was sitting on his phone right in front of us. He told us it'll be 15 minutes, he promised. I replied: "I'm not going to sit here all day". That's why I called and told them we'd be there at 3:30.

He was very rude. I told my son let's go when they have everything ready I would bring back the car. We walked out the door and the manager came out yelling, "Where's my keys to my car!!!" I turned around and said, "We've been waiting too long. When you have my son's car and down payment I will bring back your car." He then threatened to call the police and if we took the car he was gonna take it out of the down payment! I told him he couldn't do that because we had signed paperwork. He continued to say things which I just got into my car and drove off.

My son's friend, which I never met in person followed us to my home where he told me the manager called me a bitch. I did call the dealership to talk to the GM but no response yet I left a message with his secretary. My son later went back to return the car and did have his car but no title and they took his radio out. They also blocked him in with another car so he couldn't leave. I just advised him to call the police. And the whole reason why they needed the car back was because they sold a bad car to the ex-owner of the car they sold my son.The man was so upset about it he just wanted his trade in back and that was the car my son had gotten. This was the worst experience we ever had. That manager we dealt with should be fired! Very very unprofessional! So many people I've talked to say they hate this dealership!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

We were told by a lot of people not to do business with David Stanley. Wish we had listened. We bought a 2014 Explorer. They only had one key so we told them we wanted another key or we wouldn't buy the vehicle. They talked us in to buying an insurance policy that would cover a lot of things and through this policy we could get another key. They had several of their people confirm that getting another key would be no problem. That was not true. They will NOT give us another key as they had stated they would. At the bottom of the policy it says we can cancel at any time and have our money refunded and they refuse to do that as well. They have lied to us from the very beginning. I really hate to be lied to. This was not the only lie they told us but it was the biggest.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

They told us we were approved. Used TWO trade ins and a month later told us it didn't go through! And already sold one vehicle at auction! Pathetic! Then lost our check to pay us back!!! I do not recommend them to anyone! Go anywhere but here. Is a joke!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

Dropped my truck off a week ago for service... truck broken down. Keep calling to check status... no one can even tell me if they have even looked at it yet. Keep getting put on hold forever then get answering machine. Leave message but never get a callback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David Stanley Chevrolet?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I bought 2 trucks within 6 months of each other. $100,000 worth of trucks. Tires for life was a selling point the salesman used since I have a business that would benefit. He said knowing that I live in Texas that as long as Chevy dealerships were used for service, the program would be honored. Now it's time for tires and they will not honor the program, not the salesman's word. I have been lied to and it is costing me a minimum of $1200/truck to put tires on these trucks.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I'm very unimpressed with David Stanley service center. I take my car in to get recalls fixed on the ignition switch. When I get the car back the lock inside my driver side door is broken. They swear for whatever reason it had nothing to do with them. But if I would've borrowed a loaner car and broke something of theirs It would've been up to me to pay for it. They can't even own up to their mistake and fix it. I will never go to another DS in my life!

Original review: July 23, 2015

Basically, I put 15,000.00 as a down payment on the 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 that my son found on their website. I had the money wired from my bank account to the business bank account so that my son could meet the salesman halfway to pick up the car. My son lives in Texas and at this time in May he was taking a full load of classes in college. The money was wired on May 23rd 2015, and my son got the car. About a month later I get a call from the dealership that the bank that was going to do the loan for us had decided to "back out of the deal" for no reason.

My first thought was, "You have got to be kidding me!" I mean seriously, they just decided not to finance it? Well the dealership reassured me they were going to do what was necessary to find another bank to finance the deal, because I was adamant, that they better fix this financing issue or I want my 15,000 back immediately! Because I would take my business elsewhere. Needless to say, a few days later, I get a call from them that American Credit was going to be calling us and they would finance the deal. Okay, fine. My son and I worked with them to get all the info turned into them like they needed, as well as the fact that I had been paying 380.00$ worth of full coverage insurance on the car this entire time that my son is unable to even freakin drive the car I put money down on in May!

On July 14th, I call the bank because I haven't gotten my payment information and Tanner, of course, STILL hadn't gotten any tags or registration papers to be able to drive the stupid car! According to the bank, they had returned the paperwork to the dealership on JUNE 22ND, and they were horrified that the dealership hadn't informed me of anything and it was going on a whole nother month!! Since July 14th, I have called this dealership demanding my full 15,000.00 wired back to my account - just like I had to do, and they need to send someone all the way to Texas to retrieve their car! They ignore phone calls, messages, even the fact that I have acquired an attorney to get my full money back!

This dealership HAS TO BE THE MOST CROOKED set of lying thieves I have ever dealt with!! I cannot imagine them or their attorneys even wanting this to go to court (which is what it looks like is going to happen soon as how I haven't gotten my money back). I mean seriously, how are you gonna explain to a judge you took this single-mom's trust inheritance from her mother's death, meaning the 15,000.00, your finance department was unable to make the deal happen, so you are holding out paying her money back and picking up your vehicle for what??? Their answer to those questions are going to be unbelievable! Probably so entertaining I should sell tickets to the event!

Original review: July 9, 2015

At the end of April we decided to go look at a bigger vehicle since we have 6 kids and we were looking at a Terrence. We were looking at used because we wanted something in our payment plan. We looked at a few and the salesmen (we had 2) brought us to look at an Acadia which is the GMC version, told us this car was so much better and was taken care of and had no prob at all. He talked us into getting this one even though it was really not what we came for. So we ended up buying it and also extended warranty because it was used.

Drove it home and got home and started testing out everything and tried to open the back hatch and it don't work at all. You have to manually open it and it still sticks and sounds bad. So that was broke. Called them and they say it should be covered under warranty. So we hold off to get it done as soon as we have time to leave it for a couple days to be fixed. So 3 min later I'm driving it and something goes wrong and we get home and it won't go into backwards at all.

So I call them and get it to shop and the transmission has went out. Then they call and say we have a really bad oil leak that could cost almost 2000 and not sure if warranty will cover it, and also to tell us to fix our back hitch lift gate it will be $300 and warranty won't cover it at all; but we were told it should. But that's not the point. We drove off that lot thinking we bought a nice safe car for our family and not even 4 months later everything has went bad on it. So it's not safe and not drivable and we are out thousands more dollars.

They do not look over these cars before they are sold by any means because if they did they would have found this stuff. This is not right bc now I have to pay 20,000 for a piece of crap car that I have to go put more money into it for it to work. Buyer beware, check every little thing before you buy. Don't listen to anything they have to say. If you even have to bring someone with you to look over it before you by. Piece of crap cars!!!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Took my 2012 Impala into the dealership concerning the ignition (I purchased this 2012 model in December of the same year from the program car lot). One of the key fobs doesn't work now. Asked them to fix the issue since it work before and not after. They told me the recall was for a fill in of the ignition key. All well and good if that is true but the key fob doesn't work anymore. The service manager, approx. 5'10" to 5'11" spends too much time in a tanning bed, wears a crew cut, told me that I needed to spend $42.50 with him to fix the problem. They programmed the key fob originally and now after the service they want me to pay to have it programmed again. I told him it would be the last time I bought a car from David Stanley and he raised his voice and told me that I didn't want to hear the truth. "Hear the truth!" I said, "It worked before and now it doesn't." He then started disparaging me to my face.

I told him as I was leaving that I wasn't leaving because he won but because I wasn't going to listen to his crap anymore. He called me a liar and I threw it right back in his face. I can only speculate that when a recall happens with this company expect something to go wrong afterwards that requires you to have to spend money with them to make up for their lost time concerning the recall. It is the last time I will buy a vehicle from David Stanley anything! Others had warned me about dealing with them and I should have listened. I don't like to be lied to, manipulated, or deceived. I have never seen such poor service in my life. They sold me a car and then took advantage of me in this recall situation. Stay away from them. The situation is not resolved and won't be. I will need a reputable dealership that cares about selling to someone on a continual long term basis and will stand behind their work. David Stanley is not it.

Original review: June 2, 2015

Went there to look at trucks not buy. Told the salesman (**) I wanted to leave to think about this deal 3 times. Also told him to bring my keys multiple times. I was railroaded in to signing. Told me my pay off was 38500 when I was actually 35000 got no credit. Then delivered the truck to me with hail damage. I tried to return the truck 30 minutes later after finding it advertised for 10,000 less than he sold it to me for. He then told me he can't reverse the deal (lies)! David Stanley Chrysler said I signed the deals is done. Fraud.. You are getting this truck back ** at David Stanley.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I went to David Stanley Chevrolet wanting to buy one particular truck and the salesman showed me another as well that was on its way back from auction. I didn't want that truck I wanted the one I went to see and signed a paper saying I was really interested in the actual truck I wanted. Next thing they wanted $4000.00 to pay for them to get financing which I refused point blank to pay.

There was a very heavy man that tried to bully me into paying the $4000.00. This went on all day I was already shook up from being in my house during a tornado. This all happened in August 2013. The tornado hit me in May 19th 2013. Anyway they got the keys from me for my trade in truck and it vanished from the front of the used car department so I could not just say to heck with it I am going home in my truck. I felt like a prisoner and by the time it came to signing the paperwork.

I paid no attention to what I was signing as I was so confused and they sold me the truck I did not want which online was advertised at $11.000 but they charged me $13.000 plus they charged me for all different extras that I would not have normally signed for if I had not been tired to death and all shook up. So I ended up paying $17.000 for an $11.000 truck that was overpriced anyway. I kept asking for the vehicle report but the salesman kept changing the subject since I pulled a report on the vehicle and it was a totaled out truck and still has frame damage on the rear.

When they brought the truck to me the spare wheel had been removed and I was told by the salesman that it would cost $1,000 to add electric windows and locks and was charged $1,200 for that to be added. After three weeks the battery totally died and they refused to tow it in and replace the battery. I drove to the dealership in a different vehicle and asked for the sales manager and told him about everything from start to finish and he told the used car dept., to give me a new battery and a new spare wheel.

I am so heavily in debt with this truck .Would have been better off buying a new one. I saw their adverts offering to get people out from under vehicles that owed more than they are worth at David Stanley Dodge and first they offered me $7000.00 and then noticed the vehicle report and dropped that to $5000. Bear in mind I still owe $13000.00 on this truck to the finance company and they wanted a $4000.00 down payment on a new truck.

I expected to have the service contract to be refunded along with the other extras I had signed for that were refundable but only refundable through the dealership which they refused to do. So to get a new truck I will have to pay $6000.00 to the finance company and $4000.00 down payment on a totaled vehicle no one would want. As this model truck if the frame is damaged it has to be replaced so David Stanley Chevrolet totally screwed me all because I am a woman and still totally shook up for a truck I didn't want. I wanted the other truck that I looked at first.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

We called 4 days in advance and let the guy know we were coming on a specific day and for a specific vehicle. We got there AND THE TAHOE WAS NOT EVEN there!!!! One of the employees took it home. We drove 3 hours to see and purchase this vehicle. Finally it showed up completely dirty, filthy, nasty. Food in the floor board and drinks everywhere. Sooooo many lies were told over the phone and we got there and it was more lies. Never again will I ever do business there again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

I purchased a new Jeep Cherokee from them - David Stanley said my credit wasn't very good so they couldn't get me a better APR. I checked with USAA and my credit score was good and I could have gotten a better APR rate thru them. David Stanley lies!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Very unprofessional and disrespectful!!! I discussed price over the phone and talked to 3 different people before I made the 2 1/2 hour drive. Once we got there all of a sudden the car was 5k more than what we talked about and our trade it in was worth 3k less even after sending pictures, we were there for 8 hours negotiating price which was ridiculous and after the 4 pushy salesman pushing their finance on us over and over again after the 30th time we gave in. We were tired and ready to drive home!

The next day I noticed a scratch on the rear bumper and the floor mats gone so after an entire week of calling and leaving voicemails we never got a return phone call back till magically a guy named Allen ** called a week later about our experience and I told him very politely that we were unhappy and explained to him about the rear bumper and and his response was, "Well if you lived in Oklahoma than our paint guy can fix it," but since I live so far away there was nothing they could do "Sorry about your luck" and the floor mats had to be ordered and then will be shipped. "Fine," I said and I just put touch up paint on the bumper something I should not have to do considering it was a brand new Tahoe, then we had a questions about the finance paper work that we signed and tried to call all that work and left numerous phone calls for financing and several messages never received a call back.

Then magically once again I get a call saying the form we signed was not correct for Kansas and we need to sign and fax back. Amazing how when they need something from you they want you to drop everything and I can't even get a simple phone call back this is the end of week two. On the 3rd week still no title and the pay off was still not sent and was past the 10 day mark! Yup you guessed it. Had an electronic car payment came out on a car that I didn't even own!!!

So I called the dealership once again and talked to a lady name Gina in finance and assured me that that day "Monday" they would overnight the payoff to my bank and I asked her what happened to the floor mats and she told me that they wouldn't be sent out till the entire transactions was finished! How crazy is that when I just bought a 42k dollar vehicle and they are worried about $100 worth of floor mats that should have been In the freaking car to begin with!!! Then she threatened me and I quote "we will only send you the floor mats if I leave positive feedback" WTF??? I paid for a car that should of had them!!!

Now it's Wednesday night and I called my bank and again still no pay off has been sent and I'm getting worried because my 30 day tag expires next Tuesday! So I called the dealership again and asked for Gina and was put on hold for at least 20 minutes, then when she answered I told her my name and she asked if I bought new or used and I said new then she hung up the phone on me!!! So I thought it was a mistake but I was wrong I called back and after another fifteen minutes she answered the phone found out who I was and began to yell at me for no reason at all with the biggest attitude I have ever heard!! And let me remind you that I have been very patient through this whole process and when I told her she didn't need to have an attitude with me she hung up the phone again!!!

WTF this dealership is a joke!! I have never been so disrespected in my life! I sure am glade I live in Kansas! Because people don't treat you like that where I'm from. So now that I'm leaving negative feedback, I guess I can kiss those floor mats goodbye!!!! These people are twisted! Oh and don't think you're going to get a good deal on a vehicle because the price you see is with all rebates included and you probably won't qualify for half of them and they fail to mention that to anyone or list it on the internet just to get them in the door!

Resolution response: March 7, 2015

UPDATE 3/6/15! We originally were having a bad experience (purchased a car, salesman was not honest with us) and thought we were just out of luck & buyer beware, then ** at David Stanley personally took on our issue, and got everything worked out! The original sales person no longer works at the dealership, and ** personally took care of everything!

It was quite an ordeal for him, too but he never blinked an eye! He got the problems with the car we purchased completely taken care of, a rental car for us for 3+ weeks, and all at no cost to us! On a used vehicle! I will say that ** is personally responsible for creating a customer for LIFE of David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys have rocked, and ** was nothing short of amazing - honest, caring and very professional, patient & compassionate!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

Bought what we thought was a great car from David Stanley Chevrolet Norman - 2004 Mercedes 500SL - fair price, etc. Cannot complain about finance dept. etc... part of the terms were that the warning lights we saw on dash (said brake lining wear - visit workshop - and abc - visit workshop) - which we thought were both brake messages - would be taken care of. Salesman Jerry (internet sales) agreed that ALL warning lights should be taken care of - we signed contract (which said brakes would be fixed) and took car, on way HOME that night warning light for ABC turned bright RED - said 'drive carefully' - we looked it up, turns out that warning light was for the hydraulics system, not brakes.

Called David Stanley next day, spoke to Sales manager who said they would look at it that Thurs when we brought it in for brakes. They gave us a loaner, said they sent car to the Mercedes dealership in Oklahoma City - we asked "the one on Broadway?" Jerry said "Yes. The one on Broadway downtown." He told us "Everything that is wrong with that car will be fixed by the Mercedes dealer."

4 days later we got a call to pick up car - we asked what was wrong, Jerry said, "They didn't find anything wrong with the hydraulics. Everything that was supposed to be fixed has been fixed." And we drove to Norman to pick car up. Got in, put in reverse, and the ABC lights came back on. Pulled RIGHT back into parking spot and told Jerry, who said he would have Mercedes dealer call us. When we asked for their report on the hydraulics & checkup he said, "I don't have the printout with me, but I can email it to you, and have the Mercedes dealer call you back." We agreed, then didn't hear from them for 2 more days.

Called Jerry TODAY (3rd day) and he basically told us to pound sand, that "We didn't really make any money on the car, and you are going to have to take care of the rest of the issues yourselves. All we agreed to fix were the brakes, and they have been fixed." Okay - a little angry now because they TOLD us they would take care of EVERYTHING that was wrong with the car, and now we are told to pound sand... so we called the Mercedes dealership on Broadway downtown. The service manager Tiffany said that they had no record the car had ever been brought in. Then she checked the VIN and said that the car had never been brought to ANY Mercedes dealership in the STATE!

So David Stanley Chevrolet not only LIED about fixing 'everything that needs to be fixed,' they flat-out LIED and said they took it to the Mercedes dealership and that Mercedes didn't find ANYTHING WRONG with the hydraulics. When we talked to Tiffany at Mercedes today, she warned us that if we drove the car we could damage it further, and that it was not safe to drive like that! So David Stanley lives up to the name again - they are ALL crooks - even though they tell you they are 'not affiliated!!!' They put our lives in jeopardy - literally! The car is not safe, and we were told that Mercedes checked everything out & there was NOTHING WRONG with the car!

I was going to give them rave reviews on Yelp and everywhere, but now we have to go the opposite direction. Please feel free to reply & contact us - we have evidence the lights were on when they posted the car online - so it was bad when they had it on the lot and they knew it and did not disclose it. Buyer beware I guess - but ESPECIALLY if buying from David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman, OK!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

I bought a 2014 Malibu, traded a 2008 Tahoe. They drove the Tahoe and said 22,500 trade in. It took my wife and I a while to find the right car. Matter of fact we didn't find the right one. We had to settle with one that didn't have some things on it that we really wanted and it wasn't because of price it was they just didn't have it. I asked if they could find it at a different dealership they said no without looking. So at 9:30 pm we settle for a car. It is a dark color and it was dark by 9:30 pm. Went in to do paper work with salesman and then with loan person. Between salesperson and loan person my Tahoe lost $1,500 and then when I found the sticker for car (which wasn't in window it was in glove box) it showed 900 less than my loan papers showed. THAT'S $2400.00 THEY STOLE FROM ME. Wife and I got to leave dealership at 11:00 pm on an empty tank of gas (because only person there was the detailer and he didn't have a gas card). Went home and went to bed. Got up next morning to find hail dents on it. I called them and told them it had hail damage on it. They said they would fix it if it would make me happy on all of it (money, gas, and hail damage). I told them I would be happy if they fixed the hail damage but still angry on the money part of it. They said they won't be fixing the hail damage.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

Not gonna state salesman nor boss name but I was say this has to be the biggest crooks around!! Went in to trade my 4x2 pickup for a 4x4 pickup. First off I could not see the truck I went to look at nor any other trk till I filled out their credit app which is a joke and had to give them my keys so they can test drive mine first! Still I was not allowed to pick out the trk I wanted to see, instead they bring up two trks that were junk. First was 2010 GMC lifted 4x4. Nice looking but had drive train issues. Second was Dodge 4x4. Was totally nasty. This trk stunk, seats stained big time and it even had sandwiches laying on the console which pissed me off even more and I said no way. I came here to see the GMC 2010 4x4 crew cab but they never let me see it nor give me a price for my trade in.

Top it off they never gave a price on the two Junkers they showed me earlier. They said my credit wasn't good enough for that trk? Yet the GMC junker they showed me earlier the payments would be over 640.00 with my trade in pay off added to the new loan. They also refused to give me any info as for interest rates or what institutions the loan would be through. No way that's happening and it gets even worse. They're getting really pushy now! Remember me giving them my keys to my trk? Well at this point in time they still had my keys and refused to give them back till we made a trade, period. Needless to say you don't pull this crap on me! When I made statement of cleaning house they gave me my keys back.

Very rude salesman and the boss was even worse! Like their tv ads state they make deals other dealerships won't! Yeah other dealers won't screw you over. Needless to say I found a dealer down home that was very nice, never pushy and even let me keep the 4x4 Ford Super crewcab for couple days to test drive and look over. They treated my wife & I like family whereas David Stanley try to screw me over with my trade in, as this dealer down home paid my loan off giving me an extra 3,000 toward my new 4x4. They gave me full disclosure on everything!!

Original review: June 9, 2014

I went to buy a new 2014 Silverado truck, What they call CUSTOMIZED trucks. The commercials advertise 11,000 off. But there's no sticker prices on any cars or trucks on the lot, new or used. So you don't really know what the deal is to start with. The commercial advertises free tires for life, with no exceptions, even in the small print. But the manager tells me that doesn't apply to that truck.

Then I ask about another truck. I'm told that internet price was before the lift kit and tires were added. The problem is the internet picture clearly shows the truck with the lift kit and tires. Unfortunately I have found that almost all dealers in the Okc area have their own deceptive ways, so be prepared. Nothing is as they say it is. As for the consequences, I had to buy a truck, so like most consumers I did the deal anyway. Like I said, no matter where you go there's going to be pitfalls. I've bought at least 8 new company trucks in the past 10 years, so I've had plenty of experiences.

Original review: April 4, 2014

I bought a pickup from them and they had my son-in-law buy a car. I was promised a 200 dollars for bringing him in to the dealership. It's been 3 months and they have lied to me over and over telling the check has been cut, it's coming. The salesman Jordan ** is always telling me his boss is working on it but nothing's happened. They also waited 30 days to pay off my trade costing me 550 dollars on another car payment because they took their time sending in the proper payoff to my old finance company. I would not recommend this dealership.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I bought a vehicle the last week of February of this year from the dealership. I was, at that time, satisfied with my purchase. Ten days later, I received a phone call from the finance department because I needed to sign a new contract to satisfy the loan company. David Stanley sent a salesman to my door to get the paperwork signed. I was told that a copy would be mailed to me. Weeks went by and I hadn't heard from them or received any paperwork nor had I gotten my title in the mail. So I called them back and was told my title was in the mail and I should receive it any day, the contract was also to be on its way but those were lies. I waited another week and still had neither. I again called and was lied to repeatedly about when I would get my title and contract. Finally the title came in the next few days but my temporary tags were already out because they were only good until March 22 and I didn't receive my title until March 26. In order to get my title, I needed my bill of sale/contract which I still have not received and it's April 2. I was told it was mailed off last week but after calling today, I found out it was just another lie. I'm highly dissatisfied with this dealership and would NEVER recommend them to anyone nor will I bring my business back.

Original review: March 28, 2014

We're looking for a car for our new driver son and picked up a "car sale magazine" from a convenience store. We saw what appeared to be a good deal on a 3-year-old car and decided to call to verify it was available before we drove to look at it. The salesperson indicated he would have to, "walk the lot to make sure it's here" and call me back. A few minutes later, he called and indicated the car was available. I gave him the stock number printed in the ad and asked him to verify the price. He said the price he had listed was about $3,500 more than advertised. I asked if he could resolve the difference and he agreed to call me back. He called back and indicated the price was "based on your $3,000 down payment." The ad did not state after a down payment nor was there any fine print about the price. What a horrible and dishonest way to do business. I'm glad we didn't drive there and later find this out. Be careful when dealing with people who are so dishonest. This was not an honest error or misprint, but they deliberately showed the price $3,000 less than actual.

Original review: March 7, 2014

I traded a car and put down $2000 down payment and they came back and said my trade was to upside down. They stated I would have my $2000 in 2 weeks. It has been 5 weeks and they wont return my calls or talk to me. I call for Management and they leave me on hold and no one will pick up. I work hard for my money. I am a single Mom and this Dealership is trying to Steal my hard earned money!

Original review: March 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a used truck with mileage less than 70k. Our price range was given to $18k or less. We were specific on what he was looking for, 4x4 extended cab. They had us drive 3 trucks, 2 of which were over 100k mileage. The one he liked was 93k and when we went to do the deal they said that it was a trade in and that deal had not gone through yet, so they could not sell us the truck.

Then they pulled up a 2012 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with 38k miles on it and would not reveal the price. He drove it and liked it. It ended up being $22,500.00. He is starting his credit, so I knew his payments would be high that wasn't the problem. The problems began before we drove it off the lot. I noticed a plastic panel missing in the truck and the tires looked low on air. Before we left, we told the sales manager, ** about it and he assured us they would find the plastic piece.

The third day, we had the truck, the left front tire started losing air. We aired in up and the tire still lost air. We took it to Hibdon and they made sure the PSI was correct and reset the tires on the truck. The next day, he woke up to a flat tire. We called the dealership and they said bring it in. They just plugged that tire and all the rest of them, because all of them had nails in them even the spare! It gets worse. He works in the oilfield and he drove to work and the front tire blew out at 4:00 a.m.

It had been 5 days since purchasing the truck. We called and got the runaround. They said bring it back in and they stated they had taken a loss on the deal ($25,000 truck price with a trade in and $1,000 down), so they will not fix the tire. I bought a 2012 car in 2013 and I did not have to fix any of my tires for 8 months! I believe when you sell a vehicle it better be safe to drive. I think it was a trade in and they did not inspect the truck before reselling it to us. We were lied to and deceived. I will never buy a car from this dealer again. No customer service and once they sell the vehicle, they don't care what happens.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2014

I got gas on a Friday night after work. I then drove from Norman to NW Oklahoma City. I was there a few hours and when I went to leave it took 3 times to start my car. It would start but wouldn't stay turned over. A 1/2 mile down the road the engine light came on. I drove it back to the home I was at in OKC. The next morning it took 7-8 tries to start before it stayed started. I went to Pep Boys. They ran a check on the engine light and said they thought it was a sensor and they couldn't change it and suggested I take it to a dealer.

I took it to David Stanley, which used to be Mark Heitz, where I originally bought the car. When I took it to the Mark Heitz service center I never had any problems. I called David Stanley and they said their service department was closed but I could drop it off at the doors on a Saturday and leave the keys with the front receptionist. My parents received a call at 6:30 in the morning wanting to know where the keys were. They had to run the vin to find the information for it. They obviously have a lack of communication in their own building. When I drove it there the engine sounded just fine. I informed them of the problems with it starting. I get a call that afternoon informing me my timing chain was off and something was wrong with my cam sensor and it was going to be almost $1800.00 to fix it. I informed them I didn't want it fixed and I would be by to pick it up that afternoon. When I picked it up the engine sounded like someone had choked it. It was running really rough and sounded like it was going to die every time I stopped. (This is how it sounded when I picked it up, this was NOT happening when I dropped it off.)

I took it to another mechanic a friend suggested and he trusted. He confirmed the timing chain was off and fixed it for $1100.00. When I left from this mechanic the engine light came on again a 1/2 mile down the road. I took it back. He ran a check on it and asked me if the engine light had been on before this happened. I informed him no. He said there was obviously something that happened to it from the time I dropped it off at the dealer until the time he got it according to the history. He ran the test that showed a sensor could be out or it could be the fuel injectors. I mentioned I got gas the night all this started. He suggested I put a fuel injector cleaner and run it a few days. If the light didn't go out I would probably need a new fuel injectors. Three days later the light went off and I haven't had any problems since then.

The interesting thing is on the sheet that David Stanley charged me for said I told them my engine was running rough. I told them my car wouldn't start. After I told the good mechanic everything that happened, he said he didn't know what, but something obviously happened to it from the time it arrived at the dealer and the time he got it.

I have heard many people say don't take your car to a dealer. After this experience, I can assure you I will never take my car there for anything again. I also won't ever buy one from there, and if anyone asks about new cars and service I am definitely going to tell them about my experience with David Stanley!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2014

We went to buy a used truck. Our credit is not perfect but doable. They were rude, the place was dirty, they tried to put us in a truck for 27900 but had the same truck listed on Craigslist for 19900. We have bought 5 new trucks from this dealership in the past. I will look elsewhere now. The salesman was the only one nice. The two managers were loud and tried to bully us into one of the two trucks they let us pick from. So buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2014

Been looking for an Expedition for three days to pay cash for. Found two we like. One in Chickasha one at Carmax. ** from David Stanley calls us for TWO days. SWEARS she has a King Ranch fully loaded Expedition PLEASE give them a chance!!!! FINALLY my husband said okay, we will come look at it but if it's not King Ranch fully loaded then you will pay me for my gas. Not once, not twice, not three times but 6 times she was told what kind of vehicle, 6 times she was warned. We just made a trip down there and this ** has left for the day. My husband is pissed, starts arguing with the manager tells the manager he needs to pay for the gas or he will take it outta his ** and the manager tells him he's a black belt and he's not the guy to mess with. Then they wanna call the law and say my husband threatened to kick their **.

I told em to get the ** down here that lied NUMEROUS times and we would get it settled pretty darn quick. They all ran inside while telling me I'm a fine example in front of my kids. I said ya, a better example than your pathetic ** is. We finally left. They have Quotas to meet. They lie to get you in there and to pressure you. We don't HAVE to buy anything!!!!! We have three other vehicles. I have a darn good credit union. We DON'T need David Stanley . This lady ** BEGGED my husband for TWO days. Still knowing they Are all liars we finally gave in and this is what happens!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2013

I am beyond words at the moment. We test drove a 2012 Raptor. Liked the truck but it shook real bad. The saleslady told us they'd fix it and it would be covered under the inspection which had not been done yet and she wrote it on the WE OWE form. After 2 weeks of runaround, I finally got a hold of her and she finally scheduled me an appointment to bring the truck in to be repaired. Upon arrival she sent me home due to the storm coming in and no rental car. She told me she'd call me back to reschedule. She never did. I called back several times and it was always I will talk with service and get back with you. Finally we called back and she gave me the same speech but this time she did call back... but only to tell me that they are not going to do the inspection and won't be fixing the shaking. I told her I would not have bought the truck with it shaking and she knew this because I told her that multiple times on the day of the sale. Then she tried to tell me that well it has been 3 weeks!!! I brought the truck in, wasted my gas 90 miles round trip to bring it there and she sent me home. I just want them to be honest and do what they said they would. Is that so hard? To honor your word? I will never buy another auto there again. You can't trust even what they put in writing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2013

We purchased a 2014 Dodge Challenger. They didn't have the color we wanted in stock so they found one in another state (Kansas). The salesman said it was fully loaded everything but the stripes down the Center of vehicle that we wanted. We asked several times for pictures and a copy of the sticker price from 2 separate people never got response. We did paperwork on 11/16/13. It was based on price the sales people came out with. When car arrived 11/23/13 the Sticker Price was $4,000.00 less than we did paperwork on. Then the sale personnel lost the sticker from this vehicle couldn't find it anywhere. Ask for another copy to no avail.

Then the lying just went into overdrive. The Sales staff scuffled it off to Management which could have cared less. One said he would do this and that but it was not put on paper. So it wasn't worth the spit to get it out of his mouth. The Salesman told us there were no rebates on it turned out to have $2,000.00. It was in the contract but not pointed out and I am guilty of not looking at it closer. After we complained the Manager tried to make it a better deal but the above powers wouldn't approve it. So we got the shaft paying more for car than it was stickered at. We also lost the 2008 Pontiac G6 we traded in for $6,000.00. I called them 11-27-13 to see if they would honor putting stripes on and sun-roof. They said they would do stripes only the sunroof was just verbal ok'd to cool me down that moment. In a nutshell these are the most untrustworthy, conniving people I have ever dealt with in my 57 years. I had bought a car previously from David Stanley Chevrolet in OKC, OK.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2013

When purchasing my vehicle, it was from the used car lot. After the test drive I wanted the car but made an agreement that they would replace all tires, windshield, and the brakes, then buff out the few scratches before I would start paying on it. Well, they replaced the windshield and the tires with used ones. They did not fix the brakes. I took the car back 6 times in one month for the brakes to be fixed and spoke to the manager and he found out the techs were using used brake shoes on my car. That is a hazard!

Now about a year into my loan I have kept up with all maintenance and fluid changes. My car is currently in the shop because I have assumed the alternator has died. While I was at work I received a phone call from the tech working on my car. He is trying to tell me I do not have a warranty. I thought "if I don't have a warranty then why do I pay an extra $100 a month for it." So I asked what exactly is wrong with my car? He said it needs a new generator and have a list of things wrong. Generator? Cars don't have generators, I am not dumb. Well come to find out it is a different term for the type of alternator I have in my car. He failed to explain that to me.

Long story short, every single time my car goes in the shop, I have to go out of my way to bring my paperwork up to them to prove I have a full warranty that extends the life of my loan. Plus, I have to bring a man with me because I am a female and they believe I don't know a thing about cars. They need to keep their computer systems updated and stop being sexually biased.

David Stanley Chevrolet Company Information