Star Toyota

Flushing, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got a terrible experience with Star Toyota dealer today. Not giving good service to buying a brand new auto, and playing tricks on there. Tell you a nice story at the beginning, became change when you come to sign the papers. Should be watched out on there. Definitely not recommend people to come back to buy vehicles here. Very bad dealership. Should run away!! Believe me, don't do the deal with them. Too sad...

When I have my own car all repairs was done in a day, also when I lease a Honda with no problems was good. I am waiting for my new Toyota mini van for 5 weeks for repair of ac, they dont want to give me another mini van and keep on saying they waiting for a part.

Went to Star Toyota with my in-laws to make sure everything was kosher and that they have someone there with them. The salesman was incredibly rude. Told him we looked online and other dealerships around the area are offering so-and-so pricing for this make. He straight up told us that they weren't in the business of going into a bidding war. WHAT?? I thought your job was to try to sell us your products. It wasn't so much as what he said (which still doesn't have any logic to it), it was the condescending tone he said it. The logic behind any "sales job" was to try and "SALE" us your product by working with us on the price!!! Most people are EDUCATED CONSUMERS like us since the internet age came about! We compare and shop around now. It's not like the good old days anymore where you can pull one over because information isn't as easy to get.

The best part of this story? He pretty much told us to leave the dealership at this point of the conversation after he realized that he can't make any extra off of us. What an **!! We swore off anything that has the "Star" dealership after that and pretty much tell anybody who would listen to do the same. The in-laws ended up getting a Subaru in Hicksville at a different dealership that treated them with respect and bend over backwards to work with them. DO NOT GO TO ANY "STAR" DEALERSHIPS!!!

I went to Star Toyota in December 2014 looking for a new Rav4 with No Money Down program they said they had. The salesman says because of my credit I only qualify for a Corolla. I told him I had a trade which would be part of the transaction. He said it would be better to have a co-signer so I took papers to do the processing. I reached the parking lot when I got the call that he had me qualify by myself. I had to put down $100 as a sign of good faith.

I got a call just before their closing time that they had a good deal and waiting for me to come get the car. They 'rushed' me through the paperwork. The 'new car' had over 1800 miles plus 'added requirements from the lending bank'. They would not accept the trade in. I could not get answers from the salesman Steve or the illusive finance manager as they would not return calls. I was robbed blind with my eyes open. Monthly payments of over $672 for a Corolla not fully equipped either! Financed at over $26,700. STAY AWAY/RUN FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!

On August 27, I made a purchase agreement of a Rav4 from them. They said loan is approved and tomorrow you can pick up the car. They did not give me a copy of sales binder and next day they changed the figures a lot. Next day I had to give 2000 dollars deposit and I took the car. I received denial letters from banks for the loan and they asked me to return the car and I returned, but they refused to give my down payment of $2000.00. I took them to the small claims court and the judge awarded me the full amount and interest after 7 months of waiting. I sent the court order to get the money to the general manager, sales person and to the payroll few times. Still they did not pay and look like ignoring the court order. I cannot understand what kind of customer care they are giving! Customer care is the most important factor nowadays for successful business practice and they are not realizing it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Star Toyota?

Bought my car from Star Toyota. I was told in text conversation by the salesperson the vehicle was getting detailed Friday to come Saturday and it was not done. I had to wait 1 month and 2 weeks for my car to be washed and shined not detailed at all. When I received the car it smelled good and was shiny. It was not detailed at all as I was promised. I was also promised mats that was missing. I'm still waiting on it.

The salesperson at Star Toyota EFREN ** was rude beyond belief to me and my husband. We went in to view a Toyota Prius III, used, and we took a test drive in it. Even though the car was not expensive and still in good condition, we didn't like it and we’re not going to purchase it. No matter what deal. But since the salesperson was so adamant about letting him talk to his manager to see what he could do for us, about 3-4 times, which left us sitting in a dark showroom that is cold and has no refreshment and is a very unpleasant atmosphere, we let him pitch his deals, asking about other vehicles available (which went ignored every time) .

When he reached his final offer and I refused again, which I was not interested in any way since I did not want THAT vehicle, he then asks me in a point blank manner: "I showed you good deal, why you not buy it?" Which was just offensive. I, at this point, dragged my husband out of the showroom as fast as I could to get away from the worst auto browsing experience of my life. I live nearby and would gladly recommend to everyone I could ever meet that they stay as far away as possible from Star Toyota and their offensive sales team. PS - They should really have at least a coffee machine and a clean bathroom to operate. They had neither.

This is THE MOST DISHONEST RIP-OFF establishment I have ever encountered. They do NOT know what they are doing or talking about. I've given this place numerous chances, and each time they do not disappoint.

Four years ago, I brought my Sienna in for an oil change and it's complimentary 20 point inspection, where they wanted to charge me about $300 to change 2 filters. Three years ago, I brought it in for the same reason, the mechanic I spoke with put me down for their packaged inspection, for almost $100! Two years ago, I brought it in and they wanted me to get a new tire because I got a nail in it. I took it to another mechanic, and from one touch on that nail, it fell right off. They didn't even touch it!?! They saw a nail and wanted to replace the entire tire.

Just this past weekend, I took my Sienna to renew my registration, as well as to take care of any recalls. They do not have the parts to do the recall and failed the inspection because the rack & pinion was leaking. Quoted to replace this part for $1350!!! Again, I took my minivan to my trusted mechanic and quoted to replace the part for less than $900. After he took a closer look, it turned out the rack & pinion was not damaged, but the axle was leaking fluid.

So Star Toyota Service failed my state inspection for the wrong reason. How can they do this? How can they keep on doing this? I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS PLACE. DON'T THINK ABOUT COMING HERE unless you want to get ripped off, lied to, fix and replace parts you do not need.

On my birthday Nov. 12th, I wanted to buy Toyota Prius V model-5 yr 2014 vin # ** . The star Toyota of Bayside NY dealer showed me the same model-5 yr 2014 and sold me the Prius V model 2 yr 2014 zero mileage fraudulently. Now I have 890 miles. He has charged me for Prius V model-5 yr 2014, total price - $31889.00. Whereas the price for the Prius V model 2 yr 2014 is $23000.00 plus tax. I have already made complaints to Toyota company USA dated Nov. 02, 2014 # **, dated Nov. 03, 2014 comp.# ** and Nov. 05, 2014 comp# **. There is no response for week from star Toyota dealer or Toyota company in USA.

Secondly the star Toyota dealer has not delivered my car sale papers to me till date. I have purchased the car on dated Oct. 20, 2014. Because he has sold me the wrong model.

On Saturday 7/19/2014 I left my car at Star Toyota Service Center in Flushing, N.Y. My GPS that was in the glove compartment was stolen and only the base was left behind. I noticed that the in between the front seats console was ransacked and its contains in the rear mat. I spoke to who I think is a manager that refused to give me his name (tall, obese man) and he told me that they are not responsible. He was very rude and he brought me to tears. I was treated like trash by this man. I need my GPS back. No questions asked.

I purchased my certified USED Rav4 from these guys. Well, guess what? It wasn't, the maintenance light came on the same day. On checking it, there wasn't any 160-point inspection completed on this car because they would have noticed the outstanding recall wasn't completed. And please, do not fall for Tom ** financial gimmick. He is a liar and a cheat. My daughter, wife and I were there when he said that I need to purchase warranty and some other crap that I don't need to get a loan because my credit is terribly bad. It turns out that it wasn't and I spoke to the bank... They didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I went back to get a refund... Tom ** pretends that he don't know us and that he never told us that... in front of my wife and kid. LIAR, LIAR, LIAR... and I hope he reads this too. Because TOM **, as I said to you in front of your face, you are a LIAR and a CHEAT... And you will lose more than the $4K you cheated us.

I went and found the car I wanted. I put a deposit on the car and got a receipt and paperwork stating that I would be picking up the car on Saturday. When I went on Saturday, the company was getting the car ready but said it was sold to someone else today! The salesperson told me that another salesperson sold the car without his knowledge. I asked to speak to the manager and he said that it was my salesperson's fault because he didn't give the manager the information to enter it into the computer. I still have not received my deposit of $500 from Star Toyota.

I picked up a 2008 BMW with a $5,000 deposit. The original price was $19,000. I just made my first payment, and the bank is now telling me I owe $21,000. When I called the dealer so they can fix this problem, they keep telling me to call back. I regret doing business with these crooks. I should have read the reviews first.

I was told during a routine oil change that I needed $1,800 worth of repairs to my 10-year-old Toyota Camry. Supposedly, the front brakes were shot, the timing belt needed replacing, and there was a water leak. I took the car to another repair shop and was told the following: the brakes were fine, there was no water leak, and the 2002 Toyota Camry does not have a timing belt. These people are thieves, pure and simple.

My 2009 Sienna went on fire in my driveway. Toyota Corp. sent an inspector and he determined it was from the alarm the dealer installed. I called the dealer and they wanted to take my car without giving me anything in writing, which I was not doing. Geico, my insurance company, took it to one of their shops and turns out the car was totaled out, damage under the hood and behind the dashboard. I owed $26,000 and it was totaled for $21,800. Now I should owe the difference? They did nothing to help me.

I bought a used 2001 BMW X5 car from Star Toyota Dealer in Bayside, New York on November 30, 2010. When I picked up the car, the check engine light was on. I confronted about it and they told me to bring the car in the weekend. They also said they knew about it but they did not feel it was important to inform me. I brought the car to them to get it fixed on the weekend as they stated. They called me on Tuesday to pick up the car and the check engine light was still on. Again they didn't do anything in the car nor told me that they didn't fix it. The manager told me to bring it back on the weekend. They called me again to pick up the car and the check engine light was still on. In the meantime, the temporary registration was expired and they wanted me to drive it with an expired registration.

Sometime in January the insurance company sent me a letter stating the car is not registered. So I called them to get proof of the registration. They told me they sent it already; I should get it in two weeks. After 3 weeks from the date they told me they mailed the document to DMV, according to DMV the car was not registered. It is still not registered as of March 30, 2011.

On January 12, 2011 I brought the car back to them to fix it. Everyday I call them they tell me something different. Ray,the manager, told me he sent my car to the BMW car service dealership in Manhattan and they couldn't fix it. After they told me they couldn't fix the car so on Monday, March 28, 2011, I called them and told them I want to take the car to a shop so they can fix it and Ray the manager agreed to pay all the fees. The dealership drove the car to the shop that I gave them on March 28, 2011. The shop where I took the car said they can fix the problem and it is going to cost $1,000 to get the car fixed. I called Ray and told him how much they're going to fix the car, he told me there is nothing they are going to do about it.

It's been 4 months since I financed the car, and the dealership never submitted the registration papers to DMV. I do not have the title of the car. If you have have any questions or think that you could assist me in resolving this problem, please feel free to call me at **. Thank you

I purchased car on May 5, 2010. Advanced tracking defect and tire pressure faulty. Warning lights are on. I took the car to service shop three times. Finally told to take car (Lincoln navigator) to Lincoln dealer to be fixed. Star Toyota can not. Do not know if the car is being damaged by driving with warnings. Shouldn't Star Toyota pay for any repair?

My '03 Avalon started billowing white smoke at start-up. It would continue for another 2-3 minutes as I drove. There was no noticeable mileage decrease or any excessive engine noise. No engine warning light or low oil light told me of any pending issue. It did begin to consume lots of oil, requiring added quarts of 5w-30 or 10w-30, whichever I was able to get as I drove. I have been changing oil every 3,000 to 4,500 miles religiously. At 7 am, I brought the car to my dealer's service center and was told that to examine my vehicle a charge of $300.00 will be required. They will apply this fee if I choose to have work done.

By 3 pm, I was called and told that I must have not done any oil changes because there was sludge in my engine and that was the only way it could have gotten there. Oh yes, the estimate according to Mike the service rep will be about $6,000.00. This because, he continued, it's very labor intensive. He could not guarantee that this is my only problem and that the vehicle will be back to its normal state. They (Mike A.) has more than implied that I must be an idiot for not either changing oil or for not keeping an eye on the various shop mechanics who may or may not have changed the oil and charging me. What options do I have?

I purchased a 2008 toyota yaris from star toyota on 05/05/2008. i gave a $3500.00 deposit in cash. when i went home i was looking at my paper work and my down payment was not showing anywhere. i also had to purchase a sevice agreement because i was told i have to in oder to get the loan. i called the bank and they said that it is an option and i did not have to buy it. i went back to the dealer on 05/06/2008 to cancel the deal and Mel Mahmood told me to come back the following day.

i went back again on 05/07/2008 and Mel Mahmood was not there and i had to speak to Dimetree who told me that there is no way i can cancel the deal or the extended service agreement. the only thing they did was give me back $1000.00 out of the $3500.00 and i was promised to get the rest at a later time. the $3500.00 was given to Dimetree< the sales person, and as i said he only gave back $1000.00. Dimetree was also very unprofessional in terms of the way he delt with me.

I went Into Toyota with an appointment Time of 9:30 Am to have an Oil Change performed on my vichle. After question why my car was not services after 2 hours of waiting...I was told that they were currently working on it. One and half hour later my car was finished and a very rude comment was written on my reciept. The comment was stated as follows; " Customer is Psycho".

On Sunday,2/20/05 my wife and I entered Star Toyota of Bayside looking to purchase a new car and decided on a 2005 Toyota Camry XLE (6 Cylinder) Model. Mr. Dean Reisler was the rep. who helped us.

When discussing the purchase, Mr. Reisler basically told us what our monthly payment would be to finance the car not giving us the purchase price. He did not give us the purchase price; he based his calculations on, until my wife continually questioned him for the amount. Mr. Reisler finally told us the price was $28,000.00. We trusted Mr. Reisler, which would later prove to be a huge mistake.

My wife and I decided to put a $1,000.00 deposit down on the car.

Mr. Reisler prepared the sales invoice and had me sign it in two spots. I signed on pre-printed section, at the bottom of the invoice, marked Buyer. I also signed on a line he drew on the middle of the invoice under which wrote "pace + DELIVER". Mr. Reisler then left to copy our drivers licenses and took the invoice with him. When he returned he gave us our licenses and our copy of the invoice.

Upon returning home, I found better prices on the internet and went to Queensborough Toyota of Jackson Heights Queens the next day. Mr. Steve Mark showed me the dealer invoice and MSRP for the same car. We negotiated a price of $26,000.00 for the same vehicle, $2000.00 less! Mr. Reisler, from Star, never did this when we spoke the prior day. I felt he was trying to scam us with an inflated price and decided to give my business to Queensborough. Mr. Mark and his manager advised me that Star must give me give me a refund, of my deposit, if I changed my mind within the first 72 hours of signing the invoice.

After calling Mr. Reisler, he first told me the refund is non-refundable. After arguing on the phone, he said to come to the dealership (Star) for a refund.

Upon arrival, Mr Reisler and his manager refused to refund my credit card for the deposit stating that the line I signed, in the middle of the invoice, had "Deposit Non-Refundable written above and through parts of my signature. Those words were not there when I signed the invoice and were probably added when copies of our licenses were made.

As I argued, over the refund, with the manager, her subordinates started to surround me. I felt threatened as they were forcing me to leave. I tried to leave but the manager blocked my means of egress and bumped she me as I excused my self and tried to leave.

At that point one of her subordinates then tried to accuse me of assault? I then left the premises and decided to pursue other avenues to get my refund, such as Consumer Affairs.

Star also threatened to take me to collections if I challenged payment of the deposit with the charge card company.

All I want is a refund to my credit card.

Star should have some sort of sanctions placed on them for being dishonest and threatening to their customers. Please help me!!!

Thomas F. Ryan Jr.

On November 23, I went to Star Toyota of Bayside, along with my sister and brother-in-law to buy a brand new 2003 Toyota Camry. The deal went well with the salesman, but when we went back again to pick up the car, thing got changed. We were directed to speak to the financial manager in his office. He told me that because I have bad credit, the only way I can get 1.9% interest rate from the loan, which was advertized at the time, I have to buy a so-called GAP insurance.

This insurance, according to him, is supposed to insure my car when it gets stolen. Right after I bought the car, I checked my credit report, and I was shocked that this man actually lied about my record; the report was clean and good. But I couldn't do anything at that point. I did the next sensible thing: I called up the GAP insurance company number that was listed on the "contract," but there was no record at all that my car was insured under this policy. So I called him, and he of course didn't admit any wrongdoing. Still lying and said that I checked the wrong credit report and that there was nothing he can do to get me off the GAP insurance. I was so furious when I talked to him on the phone.

Still trying to bind me to service my car in his company he told me he will give me $1400 service package when I go to his shop for service. I turned him down, and told him that either I get that amount deducted toward my loan, or that I would just go ahead and complain to his company. And he gave in.

The lesson: never, ever, believe in anything dealer said, always make sure you checked everything necessary to buying a car, rather old or new, before going to the dealer. There are many resources in different websites that deal with car scam, I would advise anyone who seriously consider buying a car to go through those information, before making the wrong move. In my case, I should have checked my credit report or just told them that I would not buy the car.

Right now, I have some minor problems with the car: the door light in the car does not lit now; it didn't function after about 6 months later. And the seat belt warning light on the passenger side tend to go off haphazardly. I didn't go to back to that dealer and complaint about it. Hopefully these are just the small problems that I have with my car. It's unfortunate that an excitement of owning a new car had turned into something awful and stressful.

I am a full time student at Queens College and I work as a Customer Service Supervisor for an insurance company in Long Island and recently I went to Toyota's showroom looking for a car. I was looking to trade in an old car that I have if I was to purchase the new car. When I went to the showroom, I was helped by a sales person by the name of James Garafolo.

I liked a Toyota Camry and signed an agreement for the car. It was determined that I would get $2000 for the car that I was trading in. I was also told repeatedly by the sales person that when I would come back to get the car, because the car was not available on that day, that if I didn't like the car "He would rip up the paper and give me a refund". I put down $100 as a deposit for the car. It took a few days for everything to go through but before I could actually purchase the car, the car that I was trading in broke down.

The transmission on that car is not working and it is not worth getting it repaired. I cannot afford to buy this new car because now I wouldn't get the $2000 that I was getting for the old car. As soon as I found this out, I called my salesperson and left him a message that I wasn't able to go through the deal. I was told that I need to speak to a manager in reference to the refund.

I called various times and everytime I called I was told the manager was unavailable. Besides, they seem to have a differnt manager evertime I called.

Sometimes I was told that Jim is the manager, my Father spoke to Jim on one day and explained everthing and after my dad explained everything, Jim said, he is not the manager. I called back to find out that the manager there is a Richard Provenano. I tried to call several times and every time he was unavailable and one point I was even told that he was on vacation for a week. Then I decided that it is best if I went there in person to get my refund. I went there on 08-02-03 and I was told that the manager is Victor. I tried to explain the situation to Victor but he wouldn't listen to a word I said and, basically told me to leave. I was extermely embarrassed and humiliated and left without a conclusion to my problem.

The copy of the agreement clearly states that if the car that is being traded in has a reduction in credit "If the trade-in credit is reduced and I am not saisfied, I understand that I can cancel this agreement.....". I don't understand if the agreement states so why they are not giving me the refund. I am able to provide you with a copy of the agreement if necessary.

I have made several attempts to resolve the matter with Star Toyata but they are unwilling to listen to anything I say and their service is absolutely unfriendly and unhelpful. Please help me obtain my refund. I see no other way to solve this problem but to contact you.

I signed contract requiring a $1000.00 deposit. After I signed contract, merchant added the following to the contract "DEPOSIT NON-REFUNDABLE, UNLESS CREDIT IS DENIED." Merchant also fabricated employment information on loan application to guarantee financing(TIME OF EMPLOMENT LESS THAN ACTUALLY WORKED.)

I verbally cancelled the contract the next day with the company in person. At that time the company refused to refund my initial $1000.00 deposit. The next day I cancelled the contract with a second notice by faxing a cancellation notice to them. The company still refused to refund my $1000.00 deposit.

Star Toyota Company Profile