Smithtown Nissan

Smithtown, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have purchased about 30 vehicles from different dealers on Long Island and these guys are by far the WORST. Purchased three vans at one shot. They called me after I signed and gave a deposit stating the price was wrong. Tried to shake me down for $9000 more. I still met them halfway and made the deal. Moving forward, the trucks were picked up late night and we discovered the ladder racks they installed were not what I purchased and rear tires on 2 of the vehicles were bald and never changed as promised. After numerous calls, text messages and emails, I got nowhere. I even received a follow-up call from a customer service rep who PROMISED to call back and never did. These guys are the worst, most dishonest people I have ever dealt with. STAY AWAY!!!

It's funny when the dealership wants your money they're all nice, but once they got you they ignore you. I leased a car from Smithtown Nissan, and they did not register my vehicle. I called them a numerous amount of times and even spoke to a manager and said it's on the way. What b.s. I called DMV complaint board, and they said the car has to be registered within 5 days of purchase or lease, so because of this situation I won't ever purchase or lease a car from them again, and don't recommend anyone to deal with them as well unless you want the runaround or be treated as a robot.

Wow!! I was looking at reviews and they brought back old bad memories of terrible staff, deception and "Stan" (the finance guy). If Stan or any other finance salesperson pressure you into purchasing a warranty and as a last resort try to sell it to you by giving you a postcard and/or telling you that if you buy the warranty and don't use it, at the end of the term you will get a full refund for the cost of the warranty by simply bringing in the card, I advise you get it in writing and not just on a pre-printed postcard. This advice could have saved me $1,500. I learned a costly lesson.

Years ago in around 2008 Stan sold me a warranty by giving me a postcard stating I will have my $1,500 refunded once the warranty is expired as long as I don't use the warranty. Based on this, I paid $1,500 for an extended warranty. Once the Warranty was expired in or around 2012 and never needed to be used, I brought the card into the dealership and the manager said "Stan was no longer with the company" and that the card Stan gave me meant nothing; I was told that this would have to have been written into the actual warranty and it was not. They seem to do and say anything it takes to make quick profit.

From my experience I believe the Finance Manager lacks integrity and his manager covers for him. Also when I discussed this with Jimmy who sold me the car I was told "You only bought a used car." I feel I was tricked by Finance and my business was not appreciated by my Salesman. Since then I bought another Nissan but from 112. Much more honest pleasant experience!!

Be aware of these people especially Eddy the sales guy who happen to my salesman, Brian who was their financial manager and some other supervisor. Never trust their words and dealing. They made me travel twice to the dealership. I traveled 50 miles from where I live. I asked to make sure the price we agreed on over the phone and I confirmed with him more than 10 times but when I got there he took my signature on piece of paper with all the prices. He ran my credit and got approved. After when I was ready to sign the contract this is when their financial manager pulled new numbers and scratched all the numbers with pen that we agreed upon. And when they realized that I'm not buying car from them then he became rude.

Worst day since I started to buy my car and Nissan that I loved changed my mind to buy Toyota. I will complain in writing to Nissan and other Business Bureau. Find yourself another dealer. Worst experience with them. Never trust their dealings. I can't believe they will do this to us.

On June 2, 2015 I purchased a 2012 Nissan Juke and traded in my Kia Sportage. The entire sales experience was awful from the salesperson going back and forth in price as well complaining he wanted to leave early. After 6 hours finally left with car and with new car insurance from their in-house insurance company. Come early July my temp registration sticker was due expire and when I informed Nissan I was advised to come down to get another temp registration.

When I came down entire staff other than service department was extremely rude as they said "this is not a life or death situation". I started to receive letters from the DMV stating my license was to be suspended due to no insurance on the car that I had traded into them on June 2nd. Again I called and spoke to Joe who tried to assure me by saying "don't worry the DMV rarely suspends licenses". I was also told that the reason my new car was not registered was because salesperson did not submit, then it was the DMV was backed up, to the bank still has the Juke's paperwork.

At this point I received multiple tickets for no registration and come August 18th the DMV by law will no longer extend registration. My license is also suspended since Nissan has to take ownership on the car that I traded in on June 2nd, and lastly I will have to pay a penalty to the DMV everyday since purchase date since they believe I still own the Kia but fail to insure it. I call regularly and leave messages. The managers won't call back and according to Joe this is DMV problem. Well today one of Joe's associates called the DMV and they have yet to receive any paperwork regarding either vehicle. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN OF SMITHTOWN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smithtown Nissan?

I traded in my Acura for a Nissan Pathfinder in mid-February. The finance department was handling the payoff and I was told I didn't need to do anything further. Fast forward to April. Imagine my surprise when I got a letter from Chase auto finance informing me that my payment was late and would be thirty days late come April 30th.

I called Chase and was informed that the payoff was never made. They had been crediting my account out of the pre-payments that had been made by me, but there wasn't enough left to cover all of April's payment. They told me I'd have to make a $160 payment by April 30th, or it'd be a hit on my credit. I made a trip down to Nissan because my calls were not returned. After being kept waiting at least a half hour, I was told that the person was at the bank getting a certified check and it would be Fed-Exed to Chase. I checked with Chase a few days later and it was paid off.

However, I incurred expenses, as I was still paying for the car for three months, even though it had been traded in. I was told by the assistant GM, ** that I needed to prove that the payments were made by me...despite the fact that they obviously weren't the ones paying the car payments in the interim period! I told ** we can settle this now. He talked to Chase directly and came up with the figure of $440 and change that was paid by me, post payoff. A check was going to be sent to me.

To my chagrin, the check was never received. I called the salesman, ** (the guy who told me he wasn't just a car salesman--he was building a relationship for life with me). He said not to worry about the assistant GM--he would call me back directly himself. This was May 1, 2015. He never called. On May 2nd, I AGAIN went to the dealer and spoke with Assistant GM **. After being kept waiting yet again, he came down and was contentious with me. He told me his accountant did not cut the check, that it was the end of the month, that he can't control that his employees if they don't do what he tells them to do, that he "yelled and screamed" at the accountant, etc....and that a check would be Fed-Exed to me.

I told him I didn't want him to yell at anyone and I didn't need a FedEx. I just wanted to know that the check was being issued (after more back and forth whether I had been making the payments--despite the fact that HE GAVE ME the figure that was owed to me after speaking with Chase Finance). He said he'd do it. Of course, the check has still not been received. I left a message today for **, my sales person. ** apparently does not work on Thursdays. This company is full of it. I don't believe a word out of their mouths. But they have the wrong person if they think I'm just going to go away.

Completely unethical...was purposely mislead regarding wear and tear fees. Was told by salesman that as a returning customer (have purchased/leased at least 5-6 cars here) these fees would be waived, only to receive a $522 bill 4 months later. Manager accused me of "lying", despite my 4 witnesses, and is willing to lose a long time customer by not backing up what his staff said. I would have had repairs completed through insurance had I known I would be billed...I was clearly told it was a non-issue, as the fees would be waived.

My sister has bought 2 cars from Smithtown Nissan, my mother has leased 2 cars from Smithtown Nissan and we like the brand. But the past couple of times, my family and I have tried to do business with this dealership. It has been very unprofessional, disrespectful, humiliating, degrading and an upsetting experience. I went to purchase a car from Smithtown Nissan and I was given a very good price on a used truck in very good condition with low miles at a price of $13,500. I told them I want the truck and I gave them a deposit and I received a receipt at 2pm.

Seven hours later at 9pm, the salesman I dealt with called me while they were closing and while I was in bed and told me, "Sorry but the General Manager sold your truck," and that I can come in and pick something else out. When I spoke with the Sales Manager after that he showed me another used truck in very poor condition with high miles. I asked him if he was kidding and he said to me that I cannot afford the truck I want and that they're $20,000 and up. When I first went to Smithtown Nissan I told the salesman I was looking to spend between $20,000 to $25,000. I took my business to Nissan 112 after that and got a great deal. A 2011 Nissan Frontier with 55,000 miles fully loaded for $19,750. My family nor I will never go to Smithtown Nissan again.

Smithtown Nissan is such a scam. They send out these scratch offs. You get the winning number 30478, call the number and give the girl your confirmation code. She says, "Congratulations, you are a winner. When would you like to make an appointment to pick up your prize?" I make the appointment, drive 35+ minutes to get there for them to tell me I need to match the confirmation code to what they have in the store. A bunch of misleading liars and I will never do business there and I hope my Facebook friends take note also. They just want you in the door to try to sell you a car. The last time I went there, they told me my tires wouldn't pass inspection. I go to Pep Boys. They bring me in the back and physically show me my tires pass with the tool they use.

I have the exact same problem as the person who commented before me. It took months for them to pay Nissan Lease Corporation the remainder of our payments. They kept saying the list, the paper, someone else was doing it, they weren't in, or it would be done tomorrow. It took me heading down there with my newborn and toddler to get it done. This was the comment of the person before me, and I couldn't agree more. They lie and I will never return to Smithtown Nissan.

Be very aware when buying a car from this dealership. I purchased my vehicle at the end of the lease in December 2012. To date, Smithtown Nissan has not forwarded the closed lease details and payment to Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. I have been called several times by Nissan Acceptance accusing me of being in default of the loan. I have spoken with the dealership on several occasions and they keep telling me it will be resolved in a week. This is not an isolated incident. They are in financial distress and cannot afford to pay their bills. I will never buy a car from this dealership again.

I leased a car for my sister, a single mother with 2 young children and a deadbeat ex-husband. She made her car payments each month with no issues and is self-employed (hairdresser who works out of the house so she does not travel much at all). After the 3-year lease with Smithtown Nissan was ready to be returned, I admit there were some minor faults with the Rogue we leased, but your normal wear and tear especially for having it 3 years. In our defense, we turned the truck in with 22k miles on it so it was very low. All the truck needed was a good detailing and some minor things to be fixed. Before turning the truck in, I was informed to call Nissan and set up an appointment for an inspection of the truck which I did and it turned out that there was an estimate of $800 and change worth of damage in which the inspector told us we can get whatever needed to be fixed before turning it in.

My sister didn't have the time and accepted the fact that she would have to pay the $800 and be done with it. I was told to wait until I get a bill in the mail and then I could make a payment. I waited and eventually got a letter stating that I owed $2,300 for the truck, with all new damages added on like hail damage and some of the original things on there with higher increased prices. Plus a disposition fee of $500 added on as well. I called Nissan to explain and was told to fax in the paper from the inspector so they can adjust it and wait for the new bill. A little time went by and nothing. I called again, they stated they didn't get any fax so I resent it. I was told a second time it would be adjusted and to wait for an adjusted bill.

By this time they now reported me to a collection agency and I was told that they would remove that as well from my credit. I received the new adjusted bill of $1,300 (this is a ballpark figure) with the $500 disposition fee on there still and was told that this is so the dealer can get the car ready to be sold at auction. I already paid a prep fee when we got the car so why would we pay now for it to be prepped for another person? My sister wound up paying the entire $1,300 bill that she had extracted from her ex-husband through the court system, but was upset for the extra $500 charge as I was as well. I do have all the paperwork with original inspection with price and other paperwork with adjustments. I have a lot of friends and family that used this place at one point or another and would never ever go there or recommend them even if they were to give away free cars.

I purchased two cars within as many weeks; my husband bought a small truck and I wanted to trade my Nissan 2006 for a more gas-efficient vehicle. We are longtime Nissan owners. I went in for a Versa Hatchback. We are seniors and not young, so our money is scarce. After 7 hours of sales talk, we were strong armed into a Versa Sedan at one price - $11,000. Well, paperwork (after we got home exhausted) stated $14,000, plus $25 for gas, the car was on ‘empty’. I kept calling with different issues with the car but our salesman no longer worked there even though he told us, "I'm here for you I have been here for years and I am not going anywhere.” Yeah, right. I was told the car had many extras it doesn't have. And we were so tired after 7 hours that we checked that night when we had already signed for the car.

After a few weeks of bringing it back (by the way I like the Service Department, they are very nice), the Sales Department should be shut down for illegal practices. The manager is horrible and told me to grow up and take responsibility for my actions of buying a car whether I liked it or not. I was strong armed into that purchase. When I brought the car back 10 weeks later for yet again another issue, I went to the Sales Dept (after having spoken, after many tries via phone, to a manager) and asked to return it for another model with more extras and less issues. I was told only if I paid $1000 more and if I decided to leave the car again for service, they needed my credit card for a rental car. We were so tired when we purchased that car after many hours of bait and switch.

The so-called manager is awful and needs a class on dealing with people, he needs to find another position not with the public. I am so disappointed with this transaction and I was duped into a car I am not happy with, that has ongoing issues. I do have a service agreement we paid for so I can get the work done, but why pay thousands of dollars for a gently used pre-certified car that keeps having brake problems?

I was quoted a price of $29718 for a Nissan Xterra Pro-4x with leather. However, when finally called to say it was in, I was told that there was a problem with the car. When asked about what kind of problem, they said that the wrong one was sent. I ordered one with leather and they were giving me one without. I was very unsatisfied. When asked if they could get the right vehicle, I was told that they would be losing $2500.00 on the deal and that they wouldn't do it. I questioned the price on the Pro-4x with cloth and was told that it would still be the $29718 I was quoted. I was very unsatisfied with this issue and was returned my deposit and walked out never to go back again. Smithtown Nissan made an error and wanted me to pay for that error. In any profession, if a party is in the wrong, they themselves should correct the wrong on their end and not put the costumer on receiving end of the mistake.

I bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra SR with special addition package. I had a verbal agreement with the sales representative for $17,995. I was making a $5,000 down payment with a $300 trade-in. The finance person manipulated the purchase, altered the price and added my down payment to the cost of the loan. I didn't notice this until the next day. I went back to clarify with the sales representative and he said that he just sells the cars and he doesn't finance them. He told me to speak with the finance guy and I got the runaround. I went back to see him with my brother-in-law. We spoke to the manager. He told me to speak with finance guy again. It was a run around. I'm worried that my hard earned $5,300 is gone. I just want it applied to my loan.

I own 2 Nissan, 2008 Titan and 2009 Altima. Both cars keep going into the shop to get the rotors cut, is this normal? The Altima has been there 2 times within 1 year, the Titan has been there 4 times within 2 years. This is ridiculous. Why can't the rotors just be replaced once and for all?

I dropped off the car to have its front tire replaced. When I picked up the car, the front spoiler was badly scratched. I told them and the guy told me he couldn’t do anything about it and would not write a report. He could not do anything though he was in-charge. I would have to call on Monday. It’s not right that they damage it, they should repair it at their cost.

Front driver's side window when lowered made a banging sound. The problem was resolved at a great cost to my family and me. Apparently the mechanic sprayed a solvent in the doors as Mr. John explained such as Rust Buster. First I thought toxic sprays such as "Rust buster" where not used any more. I brought the car back. I waited over 2 hours. This would have been fine accepting they did nothing. Mr. John sprayed a perfumed car freshener which lasted all of 30 minutes and the smell returned. At the time I explained the problem with the liquid constantly on the window when I open and close the window. Each day I must clean my window because the liquid rust buster is on the window and worst of all on the rubber inside the window is being damaged not to mention the order in the car. You would think they would take better care of their clients and future customers.

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Maxima from Smithtown Nissan in September 2004. Within the last year, I have been experiencing transmission problems with my car. Some days it would act up and some days it would drive fine. When it was driving bad, the RPM'S would go so high and then I would feel a major kick, almost like another car slammed into me. If I were driving on a highway, it looked like I was a driver who was driving a stick shift for the first time. I brought the car in for service and they never seemed to find the problem. My father in-law was driving my car one day and said, "You have to take the car back, it is your transmission".

Again, I brought the car back, paid for the diagnostic fee for them to tell me yet again the computer isn't reading anything. They said my transmission is fine. Of course this was when it was covered under the warranty. This in and out of their service was continuous. And the answer was the same. I was frustrated and tired of them saying, “Oh well, bring the car in when it is acting up". Well one day it began to act up, oh and it just came out of the shop one week earlier and we noticed the heat wouldn't kick on until you were going 60mph or faster.

So it began to act up and we happened to be around the dealership which was closing in 1/2hr, so I called up and grabbed one of the men who writes up the reports. When he got into the car and we reversed out, he held of for his dear life because he thought a car hit us from the back but no it was my transmission. Then we went for a little drive and he began to see just what I have been complaining about for a year! Well, I am now being hit over the head with a new transmission. After 1 week earlier, they told me my transmission was fine and of course after the warranty expired of course.

But if they would have done their job, the problem would have been found during my coverage. Oh and they also said my radiator is cracked which is why I am not getting heat. Yes they expect me to pay! They are the worst service, worst mechanics. They can't diagnose a problem unless it's hooked up to a computer that tells them what to do. I wish my job was that easy! The funny thing is that I decided to do my research and there are a lot of people out there with this dealership and people all over the world who bought a 2005 Maxima with the exact same problems. I am so frustrated because it cost me $125 diagnostic fee every time I brought in the car, no rental car, time, etc. I am so upset. They took advantage of me!

On Dec 27th, 2008, I bought a 2008 Maxima. At the time, I was told by the salesman there was a free promo for a maintenance plus plan. I signed an agreement application, an application mileage was listed, no dollar amounts listed (free) plan. I signed & the dealer signed. Two weeks later, I noticed on my itemized bill I had been charged $300 for this free promo. I went down to the dealer in January 2009 to get a refund. I was told okay by finance man, Stan. He would submit it to Nissan.

Come April with still no refund, I called up the dealer and I was told they would send in another cancellation notice, nothing. I called Nissan Corp. I was told they received nothing from Smithtown Nissan. I was also told by Nissan Corp. there would be a $50 cancel fee and it would be pro-rated. I tried to explain that it was a free promo. I shouldn't have been billed in the first place. Why should I have to pay anything? I want my $300 full refund. They said, "No, it was their policy." I could understand that if it weren't a free promo.

I called Smithtown Nissan many times. No one ever called back. I went to the dealer on July 14th, saw Bob in finance. He told me that I had to pay $50 cancellation fee and it would be pro-rated. He submitted a cancellation request again to Nissan Corp. I called Nissan Corp. on Aug 7th, was told by Maureen ** that a check was sent to Smithtown Nissan for $175. I asked her, "Why not the full $300?" She told me, "$50 cancel fee and pro-rated their policy."

I called Nissan so many times, left messages. Nobody ever called back. I believe they just don't care. Nissan never informed me about the check from Nissan Corp. I've tried to talk to the manager there. I was on hold 45 mins, was told he was with a customer, still on hold, then I was told he left knowing I was on hold. I don't see why I have to lose $300 for something that was free.

With Smithtown Nissan, free is not free. I called the dealer on 8/12/09, talked to someone who said they were a manager, was promised he would be looking into this and would get back to me the next day, 8/13/09. I'm not surprised there was no call. I called Smithtown Nissan on 8/14/09, talked to Brian, the manager. He said he would look into this. I'm still waiting, 8 months and counting. They keep putting me off. Thank you.

Be warned, Smithtown Nissan are crooks and carry out deceptive and fraudulent practices.

I went to Smithtown Nissan on 07/12/09. It was one of the most terrible days of my life, and the biggest mistake that I could have made. My husband and I walked in just as the dealership was about to close on a Sunday evening. We were approached by a sales rep, **. He lied to us from the beginning stating that the white Nissan Maxima that I wanted was the only one that they had in stock and if I didn't get it, I wouldn't be able to find it again. He walked back and forth, in and out of the office, negotiating with the manager a good deal for us. I was not at that point ready to buy a car and I told ** I needed to think about it. This was the first time that I was going to a dealership so I don't have the experience of buying a car from a dealership. I told ** this fact and he used it to his advantage. Every question that my husband and I asked was not answered and they switched answers to confuse us.

Mr. ** said to me, "If you want, you can take the car home and see if you like. If you don't, you can bring it back." I, being naive, fell for this lie, signed all the paperwork, and left with the car that night. I got home, looked at the financial situation, and then decided that night I was not going to keep the car. I called Smithtown Nissan as soon as they were open the very next day and asked to speak to one the managers. I left a message for **, who was one of the managers, as no one wanted to pick up my call as ** was not in. I kept calling as it was less than 24 hrs since I left the dealership.

I finally got ** at 2:30 who told us that once we walk out, we can't get our money back and we are new car owners. I freaked out as nowhere in our conversation the night before were we told by ** that we couldn't return the car. ** kept saying that he would take care of us, don't worry, trust him. He told us we could and that he was helping us out. I was so upset as I felt that I was deceived and lied to and I was honest with them and told them I don't have any experience with a dealership and I was not ready to get the car that night. To add to this, they added so many fees on top of what we had originally considered of spending and we didn't catch it until we had gone home that night.

** made it seem that we could have the car, and see if we liked it while they held our money and paperwork. Well, they never held our money, charged everything through my credit card and the paperwork that they said that they were keeping aside, they said that they had FedExed it to Nissan already as sold and it was out of their hands when I called them the next day. How could they be so deceptive and carry out such fraudulent practices? I was sick to my stomach I couldn't sleep that night. I realized that we were misled. None of our initial questions were answered about the maintenance agreement.

They gave us nothing and brushed off with, "we'll take care of everything", and in the end, gave us nothing and took our money. I didn't even bring in the car that Sunday, 07/12/09, which had talked about if I was to go on with the deal, I would trade my car. They never saw my car and threatened me on Monday that if I didn't bring it in, they would increase my monthly payments. They said that there was no way I was getting out of this. They are rip offs.

Something needs to be done about their business practices. I asked to speak to another manager since ** never called me back. I spoke to ** who was so rude and obnoxious and made hurtful remarks that are criminal and disgraceful. He said that no one held a gun to my head to sign those papers and I shouldn't have taken the car if I didn't want it. I told him that I trusted them and their word to hold everything and they lied to me.

I told them that my financial situation is not good, and I told them that but they didn't care that night and and most likely my credit will be ruined because of them. They are evil. I'm so upset that they did this to me. These people have no conscience as to how they ruined people's lives. They are unscrupulous and they help each other con people and take their money. I trusted them and thought that they were professional and would keep everything on the side until I told them the next day that I was or was not going to take the car.

I asked **, the manager, why he would do this to their customers, "wouldn't you want to make your customers happy by being upfront and true to your word so that they would come back in the future?" He said he couldn't care less what I had to say and does not need my business. Well that was a little too late because they scammed me into signing documents and lied about holding it until I thought about it the next day and if I wanted everything to go through, I would bring in my trade which they had in fact drawn up a contract which included my trade in which they never saw. In fact, the deal was to go through if I wanted the cars when they saw my trade in. They said I knew exactly what I was doing and they are not looking out for my interest but their own.

I hope that no one ever use them as they say whatever they need to say and pressure and force you. Don't sign anything or give them your credit card. If anyone knows what I could do, please let me know. I think everyone who had a bad experience and have been cheated at Smithtown Nissan should come together and report them to the authorities. Many people have reported them to the Attorney General for scamming people. They have lost me a customer in the future as I would never ever go back to them. I wish I could go back in time and know everything like I know now because I would have never gone to them.

I had a handshake agreement for a used car for $12000.00 plus taxes. So I expected to pay about $13000.00 total.The written contract totaled $13000.00. So far, so good. The problem was the contract price was actually $14000.00, but the $14000.00 was never written anywhere. Obscure terms added $1000.00 without the total price ever printed. Scam. So I cancelled the contract 5 minutes after signing and filed a complaint with the attorney-general. The matter is pending. I hope they close the dealership and file criminal charges.

I was looking to purchase a car and contacted John S. a salesman at Smithtown Nissan about a car advertised on their website he said it was sold but he had a 2008 Versa with 11000 miles on it for 11,900 dollars. I went to look at the car on Feb. 10,2009.I liked the car and asked what they would give me for my trade and went to speak to Stan in finance as soon as I saw Stan I remembered him he sold me my 1999 Izuzu Amigo 8 years ago at Neil Buick I should have walked out the door but I told myself that Smithtown Nissan was a reputable dealer and he could not get away with what he had done to me at Neil Buick my father and sister had both bought cars at Smithtown Nissan and had no complaints I should have walked out the door. I was given $1,200 for my Izuzu and asked Stan about a loan. My credit score is 824 and I was putting $6,000 plus $1,200 down on the Versa Stan said the best he could get me was 6% with Chase Manhattan Bank. I asked him that I saw teachers federak credit union were offering car loans at 5%. He said I can not get that.

Stan asked me if I wanted the extended warranty on this vehicle which was already a certified used Nissan with 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. This warranty was just on what was not covered by the extended warranty and if not used the money would be refunded to me at the end of it's term. I asked how much it was, and was told it was $1,100. I agreed and when he asked me how I wanted to pay for it, I said use the money from my trade in. I wrote a check for $6,065 and Stan said I could have the car that day but I had to go to work so I said I would pick it up that friday. Stan said he would go over the paperwork with me that day.

I called wednesday and asked if I can pick up the car on thursday instead. I went to pick up the car on thursday and spoke to John S., my salesman. I gave him my keys to my Izuzu and I went to see Stan about my paperwork. He said he did not have it for it was upstairs so he said he would get it. I than went to see John S. because my insurance cards had the wrong date on them. I called my insurance company and they faxed new cards to the dealership. John S. than brought my Versa up and told me the paperwork was in the glove box. I told him I was supposed to speak to Stan to sign the paperwork and he said it was all done. I drove to work and read the paperwork and called Stan to ask him why my loan was 6.9%. I was than told that he said around 6% not 6%. I was never told the electronic box I signed was my loan papers. If that was the case, how could he tell me around 6% for he would know the exacty amount of my loan.

I than asked him about the extended warranty when I saw the balance of my loan. He said the extended warranty was on the loan and I told him that he was supposed to take that off my trade-in. The extended warranty had no become $1,925. Stan said he never told me that the extended warranty was $1,100. I never saw any of my paperwork, I was asked to sign the electronic box and was not told I was signing my loan. I got off the phone very upset and had to go into work.

On friday February 13, I went into Smithtown Nissan and spoke to John Stevenson. Stan was off that day and I asked to speak to the manager. He assured me that he would personally go over my paperwork and made an appointment with Stan at 12:00 PM saturday. I spoke to Stan on saturday and confronted him with all his lies, he told me he had it all written down on his worksheet so I asked for a copy of it and I never received it. I than canceled my extended warranty, and asked him how I had to pay a $605 transporation fee on a car that was a trade-in and never left their lot. He said they charged that on all cars, I than confronted him again about his lies and he told me he had been this business for a long time, I told him he was quite good at manipulation and unethical business practices. I would never buy another car from Smithtown Nissan and I filed a complaint with Nissan and with the attorney general's office. Before you buy a car from SMithtown Nissan, make sure they put everything in writing and sign anything they write and give you a copy. I have been in contact and left messages with Stan and he has still not called me back.

I too was ripped off by smithtown nissan in september..I purchased a nissan versa and made the deal based on a promise tby the saleman that i would recieve a maintenace areement for the car..

What happened was I was about to walk out because i thought the price was too high..So Paul the salemen asked if I would buy the car if he threw in a 30,000 mile maintenance package..My wife and I thuoght about it and i said ok..We shook hands and i started signing papers..I asked for the maintenace pakage and Paul said I would get it when I brought in the survey..

Well needless to say I was an idiot..It was all part of the scam that they run there..And I was stupid to fall for it..After repeated contacts I was promised I would still get it but recently i was told that due to the economy i would no longer recieve it..I recently wrote to the president of the company but judging by all the complaints that I have found on line I doubt I will get a response..I would not be surpised if all the scamming is done with his knowledge..I just hope that people read these complaints and stay away from smithtown nissan.

11/15/08 I went to Smithtown Nissan to purchase a Murano, Paul S said he could help me which he did he agreed to meet what the other dealers were offering for my vehicle $16,900. Paul informed me there was a Demo in front for $34,000 with 6410 miles he said go take it for a ride so my son and I went for a ride. We came back and asked Paul what is the best you can do he said that was the lowest but talk to Stan the finance guy. Paul walked us down to Stan the rip- off man I asked Stan what is the best you can do on the truck he said that was it I asked well can you throw something in like what he asked well a remote start and a cargo mat for the rear of the car of we will throw that in.

Well Stan the rip off man started filling out the purchase agreement he put down the purchase price of $34,000 and the amount I owed on my 2007 wrangler 14,113.34 so he said sign this I said no you need to put the trade in amount on there so he did he put trade $16,900. off to the right of the page so I signed it he said I will be right back When he came back he said I am gonna need some money down so I said ok he said $2000. I gave him my card when he came back to the room he asked me to sign a credit card pad I thought this was for the credit card transaction well little did I know that was a 10.5% finance fee leaving me with the payment of $670.00 per month He told me my payments would be $580.00 monthlyand my rate would be 6.9% I di not see this paperwork till I got hom that evening around 9:30 pm While still in Stans office he asked me to sign some form which I looked over them and signed them One was the Etch Program the other a 5 year key replacement agreement both of which had n/a in the price column so what did the rip off man do he put these figures on my purchase agreement along with the remote start and cargo liner with a charge of $2246.. pretty slick huh

Well I still had no I dea till I got home and realized I did not have a copy of the Purchase agreement. I called a friend at Toyota and asked what all this stuff was on these finance papers which mysteriously apeared in my take home folder he said where is your purchase agreement I said it is not here he said in the morning call the dealer and ask them what the heck they did with this finance agreement I spoke to Paul the salesman he said nobody could help me I called a few more times then e-mailed him satating I was taken advantage of and wanted to return this vehicle and take mine back I also wanted a copy of the purchahse agreement faxed over to me right away well never got a response I went to the dealer first thing in the am on Monday the get someone to talk to me I met with one of the sales managers he stated nobody was there to speak to me once again Paul and Stan need to go over this wth me

Well I said before I leave here I Demand a copy of my purchase agreeement he had to check it out first Well he finally called back upstairs and got it when I looked at it I was irate this man crossed things out made changes and added things like the trade in amount the charges for the freebees I can go on for days the bottom line is they will not take care of this so I have no choice I contacted Fox shame on you, News 12 Attorney Generals office Nissan Consumer affairs , Consumer Fraud bureau better business bureau and an attorney I will not be taken advantage of all of you out there need to contact these agencies as well Together we can make sure this does not happen again

I too was raped by this dealership...I walked in and was promised a 2009 nissan versa for $13000...i ran to the bank and got $5000 for the downpayment...mind you the only reason i even agreed to any of this is because of the price...now they were having some finance issues, which was not true because the credit score is over 700. Well we stupidly signed the papers with nothing written on them...so they told me i would receive all the paper work by mail...two months later and still nothing...i received the payment booklets from the bank and they seem i bit high so i call the bank and they tell me the original amount financed was about $14600!!!! Do the math...13000 + 2500 in fees is 15500 - 5000 down payment should be 10500 financed. Furious i go back and talk to a manager who tells me that they would pull the file and they would contact me the next day.

A week later i have to go back because i receive no phone call...now i see STAN who has been ducking me for weeks now and he explains that the price was $15100 and since i didnt have anything in writing...im basically screwed. Also they threw in a service warranty for $1800 that i never asked for or agreed to...now they tell me that i can cancel the plan but i have to speak to the owner about the price adjustment...im going in to speak to him this saturday but after reading online about this dealership im positive im not getting anything. Buyers beware...they talk nice at first but once you get in there to complain thats when the BS starts...you got such a good deal...im already in the negative with this deal...im not making any money

I am scammed by Stan the same way he scammed Stephanie of Centereach NY (09/08/08). He changed the price on the purchase agreement and kept giving different kind of reasoning for not giving me the copy of purchase agreement and lease agreement. I signed the purchase agreement with 199 with 2100 out of pocket and they changed 1 to 2 to make it 299. After a week's efforts I was finally able to get the copy and clearly see how they forged the purchase document. I think forensic experts should be able to analyze the report clearly and see how it was done.

On September 2, 2008 my husband and I went to price Nissans at Smithtown Nissan. We were told that there was a good program on Pathfinders that was expiring at the end of the business day. We were looking to spend about $360/month on a lease. We were told that they could do a deal on a 2008 Pathfinder for about that much with no money down. We were interested.

We picked one out and the salesman started to write up the deal. We were then brought to the finance manager Stanley Sigerson. He ran our credit and said he could do the deal for $399/month due to not so perfect credit. We agreed to that.

We should have known something was up when he asked how we would be paying. They said we would have to pay taxes, dealer prep and plates. We were thinking it was about $700. and he tried to run over $4,000. on our bank card. Of course it was declined and we told him that we were told that the taxes would be coming of the back end of the lease. (salesmans words). We were not informed that it was the taxes on the price of the vehicle (we stupidly thought that we were paying taxes on the plates and dealer prep costs).

After explaining the way we thought the deal was supposed to be he said he would not argue, since now it is approximately 10:30 pm and we arrived there at 6:00 pm. After much back and forth we finally left the dealership with the new Pathfinder at about 10:40 pm. We get home to realize that we do not have a copy of the lease agreement.

First thing on Sept. 3 my husband calls to get a copy of the lease agreement for us and for the insurance company. We were told he would get it out asap. My husband wants to see the agreement, so we go to the dealership after dinner and are told that they are locked up after 5 pm. We will have to get it the next day. Now its 9/4/08 still no lease agreement. My husband calls again to request our copy. We go there when my husband comes homes from work. Stanley says he thinks he put it in the mail, but maybe its still on his desk. It was and he gave it to my husband in a sealed envelope. My husband comes out to the car and the payment is now $537./month. He goes in and says that there is a mistake. They explain that since we did not put down the $4,000. in taxes that that is why the payment went up.

We were never told that this would occur. Stanley had many opportunities to explain this to us, however, he chose to keep this to himself and never explain the situation. There was a point during all of this when my husband asked about the payment and he said it would not change. I feel he deliberately deceived us and tried to keep it from us for almost 2 days after the fact is a good indication of his intentions.

Also, our copy of the lease agreement is not signed and our copy of the vehicle purchase agreement is dated 9/1/08, which is incorrect, we purchased on 9/2/2008. and the payment of $399 is crossed out with no initials, and changed to $537 with a note saying customer changed deal on delivery.

I feel totally deceived by Stanley Sigerson. He knew that if he told us that the payments were now going to be $537/ month for 39 months, instead of $399./ month for 39 months we would have not accepted the deal and would have left the dealership. I cannot believe that someone can get away with this type of deception. I realize that we made a huge mistake and should have looked over the paperwork very carefully prior to signing. He never once mentioned that anything has changed. Now we are stuck with enormous payments that are going to be a financial hardship for us. My husband bought me this truck due to my recently being disabled. He felt it would be easier for me to get in and out of and would be safer for me since I have had two major back surgeries in the past 13 months.

I am the very satisfied owner of an 09 Murano, however, when I purchased the vehicle, I was told that the 1st 2 servicings would be done at no charge to me. The 1st was was taken care of as promised, but the second one was not. Believing I was dealing in good faith, I did not have any thing in writing. The sales manager told me,because I had received such a great deal when I purchased the car, they could not afford to cover the cost of the 2nd servicing.

I'm amazed that they are willing to lose a customer over a $34 bill that had been promised in the 1st place.

also, as a PS, it was requested that I return the customer satisfaction questionnaire to the sales rep so that he could fill it out.

On Sat 7-19-08 I went to Smithtown Nissan straight from 112 Nissan to see if I could get a better deal on a lease.I told the salesman Charles that 112 Nissan offered a 2008 Altima 2.5S for out of pocket: a. sales tax b.motor vehicle fees c. 1st month payment $199.00 and d. a trade in of 1999 Ford Explorer. I repeated the deal several times to him as he scrolled through his computer saying what a good deal it was. He finally said he would talk to his manager to see if he could do the lease for $190.00/ month and match the rest of the deal.

In walks manager Ray to tell me he couldnt do $190.00 but could beat the out of pocket by $500.00 and throw in a 30,000 mile service contract. They asked me if we could go ahead with the deal and at 10:45am Saturday morning I said if they could get me out of there by 11:30am we could do business, but I had to drive back east 30-40 minutes to bring my wife to JFK airport and couldnt be late.Of course the assured me that would be no problem. An hour and half and three frantic calls to my wife later at 12:15pm Im signing paperwork withuot me reading or them explaining anything.

While on the Belt Pkwy 2hrs later I browse through the paperwork to see they charged my debit card $2190.00 I call the finance guy Stan, who I signed the papers with. I tell him Im coming back, and want my Explorer to switch back if he cant do what was promised and credit my card. He says they hardly made any money on the car and I got a good deal.I remind him of the deal several times he says come back and we'll talk.He's only there until a certain time Sat., I work Sunday, we'll talk Monday. Two trips there Monday,another on Friday, sandwiched between three conversations with the GM Craig Fina produced nothing but arrogant denials. After checking these guys out on the internet, I see they have a long history of duping and tricking the consumer with unscrupulous sales tactics

Smithtown Nissan Company Profile