2.78/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Smithtown Ford

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 29, 2017

41 Smithtown Ford Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I was in the market for a quality preowned car and I gave all my criteria and info over to Kyle. He told me he'll keep his eye out for one. Let me tell you he delivered! Calling me every 2 weeks with different possibilities and finally I made my decision 6 months later nonetheless but worth the wait. Kyle was very patient and professional. I definitely recommend dealing with him!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I Purchased my 2017 F150 from Smithtown Ford and have nothing but good things to say. It was pressure free. The salesman, Mike ** took the time to show me several trucks till I made a decision on which one worked best for me. If you go to Smithtown you will be ensured a pleasant experience. Ask for Mike in Sales!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I walked on the lot on a hunt for either a new truck or SUV. Mike went out of his way to greet me on the lot immediately making me feel like my business was important. He took the time to test drive the vehicle with me that I was interested in he gave me a very fair deal. I was able to take the new truck home the same day in a quick efficient manner. My Salesman Mike ** went above and beyond to throw in additional items for me such as a bed liner and cover to sweeten the deal and keep me a loyal returning customer. Will be referring the dealership and my sales person to my family and friends.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

It was without doubt the best price o the right car, and my salesperson PETE ** was terrific. After Peter explained the car's operation to me I would be willing to bet I knew more about the operation of my new car than most of the salespeople. I recommend you see Peter ** .

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I recently bought a second vehicle in 2 years from this dealership. Both times, I worked with Rob ** and I couldn't be happier! Rob made the whole car buying experience fast and easy, even when dealing with trades on both new vehicles I purchased. I would highly recommend seeing Mr. ** if you want an honest and easy experience when buying a new vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smithtown Ford?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Just Bought an SUV - Went in with eyes wide open since Smithtown Ford had a reputation for poor service but my experience was anything but. Our salesman Pete was friendly, informative and did whatever was needed to make sure all our questions and concerns were addressed. The buying process was quick and easy. We got a great vehicle at a great price and felt like the staff at Smithtown Ford was thoroughly engaged with us throughout the experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We were looking for a midsize SUV. We had evaluated many various brands. When we walked into Smithtown Ford & sat down with our salesman Pete, we were very impressed on his knowledge base. He knew his inventory, knew all his cars & the pro's/con's of them, & was very patient in explaining all the features. We actually enjoyed our car buying experience & recommend purchasing from Pete at Smithtown Ford. When the need arises, will go back here.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My Son got talked into buying a truck he couldn't afford, plus the 2013 Dodge Ram came with the hood dented and the manager said they would split the cost. Turns the manager isn't there anymore and the the new manager said they won't split the cost. My Son worked very hard and have the money, had it fixed and now they won't help him, they just about sell cars. I had a bad experience with this dealer years ago, I called 7 on your side and they gave me 2 free tires years ago. I will make sure no one goes there at all. They are horrible and I will never go back again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Was very happy with the overall experience of purchasing my 2014 Ford Explorer. I had multiple questions in deciding which vehicle would be best for me and Jay ** was very helpful and knowledgeable with answering my questions. I chose the Explorer and have been very satisfied and happy with it. The overall experience was quick and I drove out of the lot the same day with my new car!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Pete ** was a pleasure. He explained things clearly to me, was informative about the vehicle and kept me informed as I was waiting for the delivery of the vehicle. I enjoyed talking to him while waiting for my insurance company to call. I would recommend this dealership, especially Pete.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was very pleased with the entire sales process at during my purchase of my 2017 Ford Fusion Energy. It was very low pressure and my salesperson Peter ** explained the entire process. He also showed me how all of the feature work in my new Fusion Energy and there are a lot of them. If you are thinking of getting a new vehicle or used Peter ** is the one you need to see.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

When going to Ford of Smithtown, my salesman Jp today very great job in helping me with the purchase of my 2013 Ford Fusion. Help to me make sure that my warranty was what I wanted and I walked out of there A happy customer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

This dealership is one of the best on Long Island! Originally I went in looking for a base model car, thinking that was all I would be able to afford, but Jason went above and beyond! He was able to help me not only purchase the truck I always wanted, but what also what I could afford. He gave me suggestions and his advice, but was in no way pushy what-so-ever. After I decided on the Explorer the process was absolutely painless, and my payment are right within my budget. So quick and professional. I would recommend Jason **, and will be going to him for any future.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My husband and I have leased 3 vehicles from Jason at Smithtown Ford, and will be shortly leasing our fourth. Jason is very friendly and knowledgeable. I never feel like we are "just another sale" to him, he understands our budget and has helped us get some great deals, and vehicles. He very genuine and caring and I wouldn't trust any other salesman as much as I trust Jason.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I recently inquired by internet thru an auto search for a 2017 Ford F150 Raptor to see What dealers had one available. Three dealers responded, all actually had the truck I was looking for. So I responded to Ford of Smithtown's email with a phone call to inquire about color, options and of course price. The young lady told me on the phone that the msrp was $68,400. And I asked what is the best number they could sell it for, no trade and a cash buy. She said, "Hold on I'll check." Well after a 5 min hold, one of the sales managers got on the phone and proceeded to tell me that they are getting $85,000.

For an already outrageously priced vehicle, now I know I don't have to buy this and pay these kind of prices and I won't, but the fact of the matter is somebody will, that's $17,000 over sticker just pure greediness by Ford of Smithtown and they should be ashamed for trying to get that much more over, unfortunately someone will give it to them and in a year, it won't be worth half of that. Shame on Ford of Smithtown, and by the way, I found the same truck, exact msrp in Connecticut for $14,000 LESS than Smithtown Ford wants. I strongly suggest not buying from Smithtown Ford unless you can take the hit.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Had my 2014 F150 rear axle replaced by their service department on 10/17/2016, had to take it back to them on 12/1/2016 because all the dashboard lights were lit up and the rear axle was making a really bad noise. I asked them to just look and see if it was safe to drive and they said they were too busy and I need to leave it. I didn't ask for a repair, I asked for them to look at it to see if it was safe to drive. I had to take it to Huntington Ford where they looked at it and said it was very dangerous to drive and Ford of Smithtown may have installed the wrong axle! I had to rent a Ford Focus on my own credit card because all of their loaner vehicles were out.

Today is 12/13/2016 and Huntington Ford has informed me that the parts are on backorder and they don't know when they can get the parts! So now I am stuck in a roller skate size car for God knows how long. I spoke to Anthony, 1 of the managers at Ford of Smithtown, I asked him to purchase my truck back due to the extensive damage caused by their repair shop, and he offered me a 2016 F150 for $641.84 per month for 84 months! Yes, 84 months! He offered this to me while laughing and saying "we will never eat this." What a stellar human being this "manager" Anthony is! Great company rep.

So here I am, in a roller skate of a rental car that had to be a Ford product if I wanted to try to be reimbursed by Ford for God knows how long, with a truck that I have to keep paying for that may be fixed in a month or 2, and will probably never drive correct again due to their 'certified technician"! I bought 7 cars from them and my father bought 4 cars. 11 cars later and they don't care about me, my family safety or my problem that was caused by them. Stay away people. Very bad people here.

Original review: July 26, 2016

My experience purchasing the car was good. The sales person did not hound me. I am disappointed and concerned that the car is a few months old and I needed a new throttle. The car broke down on the Robert Moses bridge. I could have easily been hit. It was very dangerous. The service department was very accommodating. They fixed it quickly and the manager himself came to my house to drop it off.

Original review: June 30, 2016

I bought a car I leased new from them, then bought out the lease. I told them the mileage and they added a thousand miles to the extended service agreement I bought with the car. I had 13,513 miles, they wrote on the service agreement I had 14,150. I still have the mileage below 14k. I also have written proof of what my mileage was at the time. They are pros. Watch your wallet. Read your contract, bring your calculator. They are THIEVES.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

We traded in our GMC Acadia in 2014 to Smithtown Ford. One of the reasons we were trading it in was to avoid paying what we owed on mileage. We spoke with Darren and assumed this was in the deal. Two months later 2000$ bill from GMC. Shame on us for letting this slip by however. Now 9 months later I cannot renew my registration on my Explorer because DMV still has me as owning the GMC. We have faxed, called, gone to Ford in person and 2 weeks have passed and we cannot even get a typed letter saying we don't own the car anymore???

Where is the Acadia??? Why can't they type me (we got a handwritten note because they don't have Word?) something to say we transferred plates, etc. I am baffled as to why this has ever happened. I have spoken with Kathy from Ford who has tried to be helpful and is baffled as well. However something fishy is going on. I will never buy from this dealer again and wouldn't recommend them and sad to say, they seem like they are the salespeople we all envision when we think of car dealers...

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

Loose screws, radiator not tight, missing screw, result in antifreeze leak, putting car and my husband in danger on the road. 2000 dollars to install a water pump that cost 68 dollars, giving it to unprofessional workers? Not right at all!!!

Original review: July 13, 2015

This dealership and individuals related to this dealership committed acts of deceptive and fraudulent business practices with regards to my lease transaction resulting in a substantial financial loss. After my complaint was received I was far from being satisfied when days later I was instructed by various representatives of Smithtown Ford that I would receive the money they owed me if I gave Smithtown Ford excellent reviews and ratings. If I did not cooperate it was made clear to me I would not receive anything. I have audio recordings to confirm this as well as other audio indicating much more serious implications.

At this stage I was unaware they had deceived me out of what added up to $2,500 after we fully reviewed all the details of the transactions, which they failed to review with me until a week after my complaint. I didn't receive what I was told and I will likely be pursuing them legally and I have a major TV network reviewing the audio and details of this case. The evidence clearly implicates them each time on multiple errors and consistencies. As a direct result I lost $2,500. This was by far my worst experience with any dealer or any purchases I've made.

Most review websites I have read have a similar story to tell from victims of Smithtown Ford. I found some good reviews shared in other sites highly suspicious. Based on my experience, it's likely representatives at Smithtown Ford used some form of influence to receive the majority of their good reviews just as they attempted to bribe me, which I have them doing on audio. Make your own conclusions. I'm certainly not insinuating how review websites have done anything wrong. Most importantly, it was explained to me by a professional in the industry of media and technology how there are sites such as Cars.com that may contain an artificial inflation of positive reviews, which is likely the case for Smithtown Ford. Beware of influenced, fake or filtered reviews. It's become a large problem for consumers. I will continue to seek justice until I'm reimbursed the $2,500 owed to me.

They offered $500 before I was aware of the larger loss, but their offer was only their attempt and a ploy to have me sign what they named a "General Liability Release of Claims", which would have released them from all liability regarding my claims. It's important for you to research Smithtown Ford on Yelp.com, ConsumerAffairs.com and the Better Business Bureau where they are rated a D (minus). Steer clear of this dealership despite some good reviews you may read. At some point I will be adding a link to the audio evidence I have which clearly is implicating. We'll see how they try to talk themselves out of that. Plus a copy of the lease and any other necessary documents Consumer Affairs needs.

Original review: May 16, 2015

My car died suddenly and I was desperate for another car right away. ** at Smithtown ford was excellent and did everything he could to make sure I was buying a great car at a great price. Within hours I left in a great car with great coverage and have been driving it every day knowing I made the right choice. ** listened to everything I wanted and needed in a car at a certain budget and made it happen. Highly recommend Smithtown Ford and **'s services.

Original review: June 4, 2014

I purchased a brand new 2011 focus cash for my 73 year old Mother's birthday. Within the first year, it had electrical problems leading to my Mom's breaking down twice on the street. I had bought the service plan so they fixed it and all was well. Year two, the AC compressor went out. $2,000 later I'm told my service plan did not cover. This is a manufacture problem as you can not wear this part out. Ford refused to cover and my Mother could not afford the repair. Smithtown sent me to ford, ford sent me to Smithtown. They say don't buy American and as a combat disabled veteran I hated that saying. But after this incident it's foreign from here on. Shame on you Ford.

Original review: May 12, 2014

I bought my car from Smithtown and would HIGHLY recommend this dealership to anyone! This was the first time I've ever bought a vehicle from out of state and they made the process incredibly easy and helped me save money the whole way down the line - big thanks to these guys!

Original review: May 2, 2014

Drove over 3 hrs after seeing a car we liked on internet, place was closing so they rushed us through. Made an agreement on car and price, said they would call 1st thing in morning to get deal done and could pick up car that day. They never called. After hrs and dealing with rude people to get our so called salesman he then said couldn't do the deal unless we financed. Told him, "no, it was cash we agreed on." Said she would call back by 7 pm that night already, wasting the whole day. Called at 9pm, said would have car ready in morning and would call. Never called by 2 pm, same thing. Finally got him on phone, said after we agreed on price 3x that he had to raise price of deal 1k to get it done!

What a classless bunch. You are better dealing with a ghetto car lot than this dealer that claims to be a Lincoln dealer. Really low class and classless! Wasted three days of my life trying to scam me. Have purchased from Lincoln dealers before, never had this experience. Not like we were in a dept store buying a pair of sneakers. Find another dealer, don't deal with these thieves that try and cheat you!

Original review: April 8, 2014

My husband and I went to the dealership looking for a new car. We started out looking for a car that was Clean Pass eligible. Although we really liked the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, it wasn't Clean Pass eligible so we were going to get the Fusion. We met Rich ** who was a very nice salesman and seemed very knowledgeable about the Fusion. We went home to think about it and while looking up some info on the Clean Pass, I discovered that the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid was now Clean Pass eligible. We called the dealership immediately to discover they weren't aware of it.

My husband and I immediately went in to see Rich and take the Lincoln for a test drive. We decided to purchase the MKZ Hybrid. We filled out the paperwork and put a down payment on the car. Rich put a "sold" sign with our name in the car. We got the VIN number. We went home; we told Rich we would be back on Mon. to pick the car up. My husband took care of the insurance and emailed Rich the cards. Rich had gotten ill and was out for a few days. On Mon., my husband calls to tell them we would be in to pick up the car only to be told they sold the car out from under us. Then they lied about it. They blamed their own work associate (who was ill). They took his sale right out from under him. They breached their own contract and they were outwardly nasty and condescending to us.

Frank the other sales guy then tried to shove a car we didn't want down our throats. He was rude and disrespectful to the customer. He kept telling us that Rich dropped the ball and that was why the car was sold out from under us. (Nice when one sales team member badmouths another to the customer! Very professional!) Then we found out that Lincoln dropped their prices by 1000 dollars and supposedly the Smithtown dealership had no knowledge of this. When my husband asked if they were aware of that fact, the manager Steve wanted to know if my husband was insulting his intelligence. My husband replied that he was asking a question. The manager then replied that he was not aware of that fact!! (You can't insult intelligence when there is no intelligence there!) They are truly some of the worst salesmen on the face of the earth! NEVER, NEVER again will I ever go to those lying, unethical, untrustworthy people again!! No ONE should ever use this dealership!!! Review Options.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2013

I decided to buy a new 2014 Mustang and it was that worst moment when I decided to go to this Smithtown Ford dealership (Smith hell gangs) 440 E Jericho Turnpike. They faked their smile at first just to tempt you. They forced me to have a car from their own stock at a low price but I wanted a specific color/specifications they didn't have. The guy named ** was going back and forth with me over the deal. We agreed on a price and that he will get this car from a dealer in Michigan. He called that other dealer to reserve the car and that it will be delivered from Detroit within 5 days as soon as I get the credit approval. I made a down payment to be credited when I get the car.

Next day, games started by ignoring my phone calls and emails then eventually after 3 days, he picked up and said he was trying to get me the lowest rate (7%) for a good credit (first lie). And that he is working on it but he never called. Then I called back in 2 days to check on the status but there was no response from him. I called his manager and I was told that the car isn't available anymore and they can either give me the same car for an extra $2000 or I can get a car from their stock. They changed their words. They are a rip-off. I will visit them again to get my deposit back because looks like they will take it too.

I wish there is an authority that can close this place down because it's affecting Ford reputation. Not only bad customer service but also trying to get as much money so they can to make profit for something that is Worth less. They use ways to tempt you at the beginning, then once you show them interest, they start playing games so you would agree and pay extra with no choice. The game they played with me was mentioning the high loan interest and that I will have to pay more. Then when I mentioned that I will get the loan from my own bank at a lower rate, they changed the story and said that the car is not available. It would be only available if I paid $ 2000 extra. THIEVES. Very, very soon this place will close and owners will all go to jail. That's the least punishment they deserve. We need to defend this country and save it from such activities.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2013

Made a deal to lease a new car. Told I was approved and should come in to finalize everything. When asked if everything stayed the same payment wise, they said yes...Next day before I went in I was told I didn't get approved at tier 1 but approved at tier 2 and would have to pay more money...not believing them I went to another dealer to have them call Ford Motor Credit...I was approved at tier one and realized they just tried to rip me off...All the workers were nasty too and rude when I went to get my deposit back...Stay away from them!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

I stopped by to get a new Ford and saw a salesman that I recognized. His name is Mark **, a convicted felon due to be sentenced November for defrauding customers. I recognized him for an article I read on-line. In fact he is not supposed to be working in a sales capacity by court order but this dealership doesn't seem to care.

Original review: June 13, 2013

I went in to Smithtown Ford /Lincoln at 440 E. Jericho Tpke, St. James, NY on 5/31/13 and met with salesman **. We looked at and finalized a deal on a 2013 Lincoln MKX with the 102 package (20'' wheels and wood package), all shown and agreed with Mr. **. We agreed to pick up on Sat., June 1st. 2013. As I got to the dealership on Sat., I was given the keys to a different car, which ** said was not the 102 package but the 101 after I confronted him. He then said that there was no 102 package in the black available even though we looked at one the night before, but said that there is a silver on the lot which I elected to look at.

While doing so, I saw the same car on the lot that we had discussed and made the deal on, so I went back to ** who of course acted SURPRISED, but said I can still have it. Soon after a guy came up to us, who ** said was the manager who said to me that both cars are the 102 package so I said, “Good. Then I can have the one we discussed originally.” He then went in and came back saying the price will be an additional $60 per month. I said no way. We already settled on the price. He just didn't care and asked for the credit card and said the amount will be refunded.

I contacted the General Manager, Mr. **, who was just as nasty and couldn't care less about the customer. Don't know how they are still in business after so many complaints. None of the associates, even **, tried to make it better. He just said he is not going to do anything about this and doesn't wish to discuss any further and hung up the phone. I just realized why the other associates are so nasty because of the leader. IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE OF PAYING FOR APPLES BUT GETTING ORANGES. I certainly hope that this is not the way business is conducted at that dealership especially dealing with the older population. SAD, SAD, SAD.

Smithtown Ford Company Information