Smithtown Ford

Smithtown, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My experience purchasing the car was good. The sales person did not hound me. I am disappointed and concerned that the car is a few months old and I needed a new throttle. The car broke down on the Robert Moses bridge. I could have easily been hit. It was very dangerous. The service department was very accommodating. They fixed it quickly and the manager himself came to my house to drop it off.

I bought a car I leased new from them, then bought out the lease. I told them the mileage and they added a thousand miles to the extended service agreement I bought with the car. I had 13,513 miles, they wrote on the service agreement I had 14,150. I still have the mileage below 14k. I also have written proof of what my mileage was at the time. They are pros. Watch your wallet. Read your contract, bring your calculator. They are THIEVES.

We traded in our GMC Acadia in 2014 to Smithtown Ford. One of the reasons we were trading it in was to avoid paying what we owed on mileage. We spoke with Darren and assumed this was in the deal. Two months later 2000$ bill from GMC. Shame on us for letting this slip by however. Now 9 months later I cannot renew my registration on my Explorer because DMV still has me as owning the GMC. We have faxed, called, gone to Ford in person and 2 weeks have passed and we cannot even get a typed letter saying we don't own the car anymore???

Where is the Acadia??? Why can't they type me (we got a handwritten note because they don't have Word?) something to say we transferred plates, etc. I am baffled as to why this has ever happened. I have spoken with Kathy from Ford who has tried to be helpful and is baffled as well. However something fishy is going on. I will never buy from this dealer again and wouldn't recommend them and sad to say, they seem like they are the salespeople we all envision when we think of car dealers...

Loose screws, radiator not tight, missing screw, result in antifreeze leak, putting car and my husband in danger on the road. 2000 dollars to install a water pump that cost 68 dollars, giving it to unprofessional workers? Not right at all!!!

This dealership and individuals related to this dealership committed acts of deceptive and fraudulent business practices with regards to my lease transaction resulting in a substantial financial loss. After my complaint was received I was far from being satisfied when days later I was instructed by various representatives of Smithtown Ford that I would receive the money they owed me if I gave Smithtown Ford excellent reviews and ratings. If I did not cooperate it was made clear to me I would not receive anything. I have audio recordings to confirm this as well as other audio indicating much more serious implications.

At this stage I was unaware they had deceived me out of what added up to $2,500 after we fully reviewed all the details of the transactions, which they failed to review with me until a week after my complaint. I didn't receive what I was told and I will likely be pursuing them legally and I have a major TV network reviewing the audio and details of this case. The evidence clearly implicates them each time on multiple errors and consistencies. As a direct result I lost $2,500. This was by far my worst experience with any dealer or any purchases I've made.

Most review websites I have read have a similar story to tell from victims of Smithtown Ford. I found some good reviews shared in other sites highly suspicious. Based on my experience, it's likely representatives at Smithtown Ford used some form of influence to receive the majority of their good reviews just as they attempted to bribe me, which I have them doing on audio. Make your own conclusions. I'm certainly not insinuating how review websites have done anything wrong. Most importantly, it was explained to me by a professional in the industry of media and technology how there are sites such as Cars.com that may contain an artificial inflation of positive reviews, which is likely the case for Smithtown Ford. Beware of influenced, fake or filtered reviews. It's become a large problem for consumers. I will continue to seek justice until I'm reimbursed the $2,500 owed to me.

They offered $500 before I was aware of the larger loss, but their offer was only their attempt and a ploy to have me sign what they named a "General Liability Release of Claims", which would have released them from all liability regarding my claims. It's important for you to research Smithtown Ford on Yelp.com, ConsumerAffairs.com and the Better Business Bureau where they are rated a D (minus). Steer clear of this dealership despite some good reviews you may read. At some point I will be adding a link to the audio evidence I have which clearly is implicating. We'll see how they try to talk themselves out of that. Plus a copy of the lease and any other necessary documents Consumer Affairs needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smithtown Ford?

My car died suddenly and I was desperate for another car right away. ** at Smithtown ford was excellent and did everything he could to make sure I was buying a great car at a great price. Within hours I left in a great car with great coverage and have been driving it every day knowing I made the right choice. ** listened to everything I wanted and needed in a car at a certain budget and made it happen. Highly recommend Smithtown Ford and **'s services.

I purchased a brand new 2011 focus cash for my 73 year old Mother's birthday. Within the first year, it had electrical problems leading to my Mom's breaking down twice on the street. I had bought the service plan so they fixed it and all was well. Year two, the AC compressor went out. $2,000 later I'm told my service plan did not cover. This is a manufacture problem as you can not wear this part out. Ford refused to cover and my Mother could not afford the repair. Smithtown sent me to ford, ford sent me to Smithtown. They say don't buy American and as a combat disabled veteran I hated that saying. But after this incident it's foreign from here on. Shame on you Ford.

I bought my car from Smithtown and would HIGHLY recommend this dealership to anyone! This was the first time I've ever bought a vehicle from out of state and they made the process incredibly easy and helped me save money the whole way down the line - big thanks to these guys!

Drove over 3 hrs after seeing a car we liked on internet, place was closing so they rushed us through. Made an agreement on car and price, said they would call 1st thing in morning to get deal done and could pick up car that day. They never called. After hrs and dealing with rude people to get our so called salesman he then said couldn't do the deal unless we financed. Told him, "no, it was cash we agreed on." Said she would call back by 7 pm that night already, wasting the whole day. Called at 9pm, said would have car ready in morning and would call. Never called by 2 pm, same thing. Finally got him on phone, said after we agreed on price 3x that he had to raise price of deal 1k to get it done!

What a classless bunch. You are better dealing with a ghetto car lot than this dealer that claims to be a Lincoln dealer. Really low class and classless! Wasted three days of my life trying to scam me. Have purchased from Lincoln dealers before, never had this experience. Not like we were in a dept store buying a pair of sneakers. Find another dealer, don't deal with these thieves that try and cheat you!

My husband and I went to the dealership looking for a new car. We started out looking for a car that was Clean Pass eligible. Although we really liked the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, it wasn't Clean Pass eligible so we were going to get the Fusion. We met Rich ** who was a very nice salesman and seemed very knowledgeable about the Fusion. We went home to think about it and while looking up some info on the Clean Pass, I discovered that the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid was now Clean Pass eligible. We called the dealership immediately to discover they weren't aware of it.

My husband and I immediately went in to see Rich and take the Lincoln for a test drive. We decided to purchase the MKZ Hybrid. We filled out the paperwork and put a down payment on the car. Rich put a "sold" sign with our name in the car. We got the VIN number. We went home; we told Rich we would be back on Mon. to pick the car up. My husband took care of the insurance and emailed Rich the cards. Rich had gotten ill and was out for a few days. On Mon., my husband calls to tell them we would be in to pick up the car only to be told they sold the car out from under us. Then they lied about it. They blamed their own work associate (who was ill). They took his sale right out from under him. They breached their own contract and they were outwardly nasty and condescending to us.

Frank the other sales guy then tried to shove a car we didn't want down our throats. He was rude and disrespectful to the customer. He kept telling us that Rich dropped the ball and that was why the car was sold out from under us. (Nice when one sales team member badmouths another to the customer! Very professional!) Then we found out that Lincoln dropped their prices by 1000 dollars and supposedly the Smithtown dealership had no knowledge of this. When my husband asked if they were aware of that fact, the manager Steve wanted to know if my husband was insulting his intelligence. My husband replied that he was asking a question. The manager then replied that he was not aware of that fact!! (You can't insult intelligence when there is no intelligence there!) They are truly some of the worst salesmen on the face of the earth! NEVER, NEVER again will I ever go to those lying, unethical, untrustworthy people again!! No ONE should ever use this dealership!!! Review Options.

I decided to buy a new 2014 Mustang and it was that worst moment when I decided to go to this Smithtown Ford dealership (Smith hell gangs) 440 E Jericho Turnpike. They faked their smile at first just to tempt you. They forced me to have a car from their own stock at a low price but I wanted a specific color/specifications they didn't have. The guy named ** was going back and forth with me over the deal. We agreed on a price and that he will get this car from a dealer in Michigan. He called that other dealer to reserve the car and that it will be delivered from Detroit within 5 days as soon as I get the credit approval. I made a down payment to be credited when I get the car.

Next day, games started by ignoring my phone calls and emails then eventually after 3 days, he picked up and said he was trying to get me the lowest rate (7%) for a good credit (first lie). And that he is working on it but he never called. Then I called back in 2 days to check on the status but there was no response from him. I called his manager and I was told that the car isn't available anymore and they can either give me the same car for an extra $2000 or I can get a car from their stock. They changed their words. They are a rip-off. I will visit them again to get my deposit back because looks like they will take it too.

I wish there is an authority that can close this place down because it's affecting Ford reputation. Not only bad customer service but also trying to get as much money so they can to make profit for something that is Worth less. They use ways to tempt you at the beginning, then once you show them interest, they start playing games so you would agree and pay extra with no choice. The game they played with me was mentioning the high loan interest and that I will have to pay more. Then when I mentioned that I will get the loan from my own bank at a lower rate, they changed the story and said that the car is not available. It would be only available if I paid $ 2000 extra. THIEVES. Very, very soon this place will close and owners will all go to jail. That's the least punishment they deserve. We need to defend this country and save it from such activities.

Made a deal to lease a new car. Told I was approved and should come in to finalize everything. When asked if everything stayed the same payment wise, they said yes...Next day before I went in I was told I didn't get approved at tier 1 but approved at tier 2 and would have to pay more money...not believing them I went to another dealer to have them call Ford Motor Credit...I was approved at tier one and realized they just tried to rip me off...All the workers were nasty too and rude when I went to get my deposit back...Stay away from them!!!!!

I stopped by to get a new Ford and saw a salesman that I recognized. His name is Mark **, a convicted felon due to be sentenced November for defrauding customers. I recognized him for an article I read on-line. In fact he is not supposed to be working in a sales capacity by court order but this dealership doesn't seem to care.

I went in to Smithtown Ford /Lincoln at 440 E. Jericho Tpke, St. James, NY on 5/31/13 and met with salesman **. We looked at and finalized a deal on a 2013 Lincoln MKX with the 102 package (20'' wheels and wood package), all shown and agreed with Mr. **. We agreed to pick up on Sat., June 1st. 2013. As I got to the dealership on Sat., I was given the keys to a different car, which ** said was not the 102 package but the 101 after I confronted him. He then said that there was no 102 package in the black available even though we looked at one the night before, but said that there is a silver on the lot which I elected to look at.

While doing so, I saw the same car on the lot that we had discussed and made the deal on, so I went back to ** who of course acted SURPRISED, but said I can still have it. Soon after a guy came up to us, who ** said was the manager who said to me that both cars are the 102 package so I said, “Good. Then I can have the one we discussed originally.” He then went in and came back saying the price will be an additional $60 per month. I said no way. We already settled on the price. He just didn't care and asked for the credit card and said the amount will be refunded.

I contacted the General Manager, Mr. **, who was just as nasty and couldn't care less about the customer. Don't know how they are still in business after so many complaints. None of the associates, even **, tried to make it better. He just said he is not going to do anything about this and doesn't wish to discuss any further and hung up the phone. I just realized why the other associates are so nasty because of the leader. IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE OF PAYING FOR APPLES BUT GETTING ORANGES. I certainly hope that this is not the way business is conducted at that dealership especially dealing with the older population. SAD, SAD, SAD.

These guys suck! The closer changed the contract around from the original price agreed on with the salesman and selling my daughter an expensive extended warranty, and was sold on the monthly payment much higher than expected. My daughter picked up her car and was stuck with the contract she signed. If you buy from these guys, bring a lawyer with you. The service department just did the 15,000-mile service at almost $300! They replaced parts that were not necessary and not in the maintenance schedule. They took advantage of a 21-year-old who didn't know better. The air filter and the fuel filter do not need replacement at 15k! This stealership is the worst. Do not do business with them.

Smithtown Ford has to be 1 of worst dealers I have ever been to. The salesman was so rude and because I didn't have top notch credit, he couldn't find the specific car I wanted. He was too busy helping other people while I was sitting there. I guess he didn't need the business. I went down the road to another dealership and was treated with respect. I will never go back there.

This is the most horrible car buying experience I have ever had. No, wait; one of the most horrible experiences I have had in general. The salesperson Frank ** started out friendly enough. I told him exactly what I could afford to spend on a monthly payment. I asked that whatever car I got would split that payment in half to be paid at the beginning and end of each month to make up the total payment, since this was a deal my husband had gotten on his new Nissan (I wanted a Ford Focus new or used). Example, $200 divided into two payments per month = $100 every two weeks. Plus the cash I was putting down and the car I would trade in. Now if this was not a possibility, a simple “I don't think I have anything for you where we could work out this deal” would have sufficed. Instead, I was put into a "new" 2012 Focus (that's been sitting on the lot for, what now, 2 years) and was told I could have it for what I was looking to pay.

After my insurance was moved, plates were moved, $500 deposit was made and personal items were moved, we met with the guy in their accounting department who started rattling off numbers and shuffling around papers like he had just done the biggest line of cocaine ever. I say this so you'll know who you're dealing with if you decided to set foot there. The number he kept saying for my payment was double what I had agreed on. When I told him this, he went running around the dealership like a mad man yelling for Frank, our salesperson. Frank came in and asked what the problem was and when we asked where they came up with the new amount he said, “Oh, well you can't have that car for the price you wanted. It's a more expensive car.”

Excuse me? Then he told me I could have it for that price but only if I leased it. When I said I didn't want to lease a car, the hyper guy butted in “Give me your card, I’ll refund you,” with a very nasty and condescending tone. Frank then said, “Well now you have to wait until I have time to switch everything back for you, so go have a seat.” Mr. Nice Guy was now Mr. **. Not one speck of kindness, not one ounce of respect. Maybe it was a miscommunication, maybe it was a blatant attempt to sucker me in to paying more, but our time was wasted too. Our whole day was spent at this God-awful place and I wasn't about to sit there any longer. I asked them to expedite things as quickly as possible so I could continue with the rest of my day as planned. Twenty minutes later, he said we could move our stuff back to my old car. We went outside and Frank threw my plates on the ground at our feet with one screw for the rear plate saying, "Here," and then walked back inside.

After that, I couldn't locate my keys which Frank said he did not have and sent me on a wild goose chase looking for, even though they were on him the entire time. I'm sorry, I don't know what kind of retribution he got from making me put on my own plates or run around looking for keys, but it was childish and silly. There's a certain way to go about situations like this and it's by having a certain level of professional decorum, which, unfortunately, not one person at this location has. Do not shop here; they don't deserve your business. I don't even know how they sleep at night.

I took my van in to have motor mounts put on. I went to pick it up and before I left the lot, the check engine light came on and the car was shaking. The manager told me that’s not our fault, it’s a coincidence, and I have to pay them to tell them what’s wrong and make the repair. It didn't have this issue 2 days ago when I dropped it off. And magically didn't have it when you supposedly "test drove it". They are crooks and I wish I read the reviews before I took my van there. But I figured it's a Ford dealership, taking my Ford there would be best. Definitely not.

The manager who was just fired had a key made for my 2-month-old truck because he "lost" one of the originals, had my truck stolen from their lot and said it's not a problem, then lied to the police officer on site and the detective. Not one person from the dealership has contacted me and I have left 6 messages for the owner to call me back, and nothing. I am getting an attorney and suing the dealership and Ford

I purchased a used vehicle. All the paperwork was approved, okay. Now, I consistently receive mail solicitation every three months. I have been at it for nearly two and a half years trying to get it to stop. I have spoken to manager Rob and manager Mike **. I have left messages for return calls, nothing came. I have asked repeatedly to resolve the situation, I'm not surprised. No action, no call back and no resolution.

My mail box is always getting crammed with service solicitation. I live 3 hours away from the dealer doing 80 mph, and still they want my business so that they can charge me $120 per hour for labor. What a despicable rip-off!

After I traded in my car for a new one, I received a parking ticket (on the car I traded in) in the mail. It dated after I had already traded the car. I called them repeatedly and spoke to different managers (Rob and John), who both said the same thing, that they don't know anything about it, and proceeded to hang up on me. I asked for the owner, but he was always "on vacation and they didn't know when he would be back". I filed a police report against them.

I specifically wanted an all wheel drive vehicle and the salesman knew it. When we went to the dealer, I was told that there were 2 cars to choose from with the features I wanted, which included AWD. The car is not AWD. Since they knew I wanted an AWD vehicle, I never thought to look at the sticker until other issues appeared. I paid $37,900 for the car. I put $7000 down and was given a check for $562.00 to pay off the balance of an existing lease. The interest on the loan we agreed on was 1.9%, while the actual interest on the loan is 2.9%. No where on the contract will you see the agreed upon figures. When I filled out the paperwork, there were no figures on the contract. I was told to sign and I did.

During the purchase of new vehicle, financial manager Charles Giardinello stole my $2000 cash deposit, gave me a fake receipt, and then quit. Mark Gonyea, General Sales Manager, has been uncooperative and claims the $2000 never existed because there is no valid receipt. I called in police, filed a report, and Mark promised to work it out in 3 days. It has been 3 weeks, and he says he can't locate Charles Giardinello.

Ford company will not help b/c each dealership is privately owned. Owner Mark Shapiro will not get involved. Looks like they are not willing to be responsible for their employees actions. Hiring a lawyer will cost more than the $2000 lost. I filed with BBB and The National Association of Consumer Advocates. Considering calling Shame On You and other media interventions.

Sales people at Smithtown Ford are uncooperative, even after promising police they would do something. Mark Gonyea never called me back. They still have my $2000 cash. I was told to bring cash or a bank check - no personal checks - giving Charles Giardinello the opportunity to steal it. I went to Smithtown Ford b/c my credit union works with them and I would get a good price and loan rate.

Charles Giardinello gave me a Ford loan without my knowledge. He also sold me a warranty I did not ask for, and wrote the loan through the Ford Motor Company instead of my credit union. There has been no resolution to this situatiion, and it doesn't look like there will be an easy one.

I have filed a police report (05/09/07) and Mark Gonyea, the General Sales Manager told the police he would respond in 3 days, and he did not. I had to pursue him to no avail. I am just totally shocked that Smithtown Ford will not take responsibility for their employees actions. I intend to pursue this until my money is returned with interest from the date it was stolen (04/10/07).

We put down the required $100.00 deposit and we signed a binding purchase agreement with Smithtown Ford. On the date of pick-up 2/24/05 we were told by Joseph Mylott, the sales rep. that since we have our own financing and not going through them to finance the vehicle that the deal is off.

The result is that we have been inconvenienced and without a vehicle to go to our place of employment.

Well i leased a car with Ford almost 4 yrs ago and when i Purchased the Lease agreement i Put 2times the amount down reason being , the Salesperson told me that this would make my Payment less and when my lease is up in 3 yrs i can release for a lower amount and than buy the Veichele for next to Nothing so after Putting Nearly $ 8000.00 Dollors Down ( the amount that you put on a Loan , which they told me i was did not Qualify for with Ford ).

In feb of 2002 i went to the dealer and stated that i would like to release my car he stated that Ford Motor Credit No longer Leased Used Viechle i told him this information that should be sent out to customer , he said that i would have to Finace the Veichle or Turn it in ( and i was 30 ,000. over in mileage and i did not have the cash to pay this amount . So According to the salesman he would try to get me a low rate but i would have to put money Down again , i told him that i did not want to do this amd he said that he would sumbit my paperwork and call me back i told him that i did not want much more of PAYMENT than i already had , Well needless to say month later i was lied to and now im stuck with a Loan for $ 35.000 on car that the book Value is only $ 22.000.00 and Payments Of $ 589.00. My Intrest Rate is out of Control and this with a Co signer b/c he claimed that i could not stand alone on this loan . I need help and i dont Know what to do i feel like i was taken advantge of b/c I am a women and African American.

Smithtown Ford Company Profile