Smith Cairns Ford

Yonkers, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I own a Lincoln MKZ that had a RECALL on its rear tail lights. Previously when my car was there (3-4 times) for various service needs, I waited, sometimes up to 4 hours never requesting a loaner since it was routine maintenance. This time under my extended warranty, I should be allowed a loaner on DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP. Smith Cairns conveniently denied a loaner. I can just as easily go to BRONX Ford which is MUCH closer. CUSTOMER LOYALTY MEANS NOTHING TO THEM.

If you are thinking about buying a vehicle from Smith Cairns Ford in Yonkers, NY on Rt. 87, I recommend you don't. I bought a new vehicle at Smith Cairns. After 40,000 miles, it broke down. I towed it to the dealers and the service was horrible. After 2 hrs of waiting for the tow truck, I was tired and weary. I arrived at the dealer expecting some relief but this was not the case. The representative was so rude and nasty. I was very polite and patient with her but yet the rude attitude continued. After filling up some information, I was expecting a loaner due to the fact it was under warranty, but the service rep said, "No, we can't give you a loaner," until they know what is wrong with it. I thought to myself fair enough.

The service rep did not even care how I was getting back home and acted busy expecting me to leave. As I was waiting for my ride, I noticed the place was very dirty and unsanitary and thought to myself, the place looks like the people that are working here. So as days passed, I expected a call and there was none. I had to call many times to speak to the service rep. When I did get through, she was snapping at me again over the phone. I don't know why they were giving me the rude attitude. I was very polite over the phone. Anyways the result was the engine was gone. Let me remind you this was a new vehicle. They told me it would take around 2 weeks, so I asked for my loaner. She said, "We cannot give you one until we find out the details of the problem and see if the problem was covered under the warranty."

I was dumbfounded. The warranty should cover the engine but yet they hesitate to give me a loaner? What kind of service is this? So I call the next day trying to find out more of the problem. They only gave me the runaround and the answering machine. I was so frustrated, and tried to explain my situation to another rep, He didn't even let me finish my sentence and put me to another line which I got the answering machine. I was so aggravated. Honestly this was a very very bad experience and I am still waiting for my car not being able to run my business properly. I am sure the sales rep will be very nice to you and try to help you when you are purchasing a new vehicle but if you need service done, don't expect the same service. They have so many broken down cars they are selling that need to get fixed and when you go in for service, they just want to get rid of you. I would never recommend this dealership to a friend or family and you should think twice about getting your vehicle here also.

Originally, I went to the business on two recalls on the Ford Escape vehicle while there with the service provided by the business. On 08/06/12, I had work performed on the tailgate lock and had a NY state emissions inspection. Also, a multipoint inspection was performed on the vehicle on invoice # **. The multipoint inspection showed mostly everything was okay. I was charged for diagnosing the vehicle and parts and labor for the tailgate lock. I paid a total of $340.93. I picked up vehicle and went home. A few days later, the car shuts down abruptly and the gear shift/clutch was stuck on reverse. Car would not turn on after that. I had the vehicle towed (Don Glo Towing through AAA) back to dealer to find out what happened. They again charged me another $110 diagnostic fee to check the problem out. They claim the lever cable assembly needs to be replaced. Parts were $72.68 and labor was $440, for a total of $527.84 after taxes on invoice # **.

After picking up the vehicle, I discovered that my GPS was missing. So, I called the dealer and spoke to Eric, the person at the desk who I was dealing with at the time. I asked to speak to manager, Donna. After Donna returned my call, I explained what had happened and that I was going to file a police report for the GPS theft. At that time, I also wanted to know why both invoices for multipoint check were so far apart on the inspection. The first invoice # stated that multipoint inspection that the vehicle was mostly all in the green, which was okay. Now a week later after changing cable clutch assembly and checking again the multipoint inspection, it now shows mostly all in the yellow, which may require attention. Why the insistent multipoint inspection in a week? It's because the first multipoint was not checked correctly. I could have probably had the assembly changed initially if the multipoint was checked correctly the first time.

It's obvious looking at both invoices that the first inspection was not performed. The second one was because my continued complaint that they were the cause of the shut down. As a reminder, a police report will be filed in Yonkers, NY regarding the theft of the GPS. I'm very unhappy with the service and the sloppy work performed by the mechanic. I have bought three vehicles from Smith-Cairns Ford in Yonkers, NY. This is sad how we have been treated. We were overcharged and if they would have performed the multipoint inspection correctly, we could have gotten to the problem before car broke down. Also, their security needs to improve. Whether it's an employee stealing or an outsider going into their lot to steal is no excuse. We deserve better.

I bought a new 2013 Ford Explorer. I was misinformed about the sync services. I am missing official registration after 35 days. The dealer gave the insurance company the wrong VIN and I drove without insurance for a week. My insurance went up over $100 for that mistake. No one takes responsibility and they are very rude right from the beginning when they pick up the telephone!

I ordered and purchased a 2010 Ford Edge. I paid in full. I picked it up on January18, 2010. Salesman showed all the gadgets in the vehicle. I left the dealer, drove to my mom's, and parked in her garage. I left Tuesday morning to Fayetteville, NC. Upon arriving home, I washed the vehicle and noticed when cleaning the roof that it clearly had scratches on the passenger side directly across the drivers side. Very evidently, it was damaged during transport.

Immediately, I called Smith-Cairns and sent photos. I was jerked around for two weeks, and now, they do not think it is their fault. Never did they stand on a stool and look at the roof. I looked up my warranty, and it is covered and states that sometimes a car can be damaged and they miss it, to report it within a seven-day time frame. Also, I can have it repaired at any Ford dealer in the US.

I am so upset; I feel like they knew about it and figured since I was taking the car out of state that they could get away with it. My poor mother who is 78 years old is upset, because this was someone she trusted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Smith Cairns Ford?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

This firm is a complete scam. I had a Subaru which only had its side doors and one front wheel damaged in a very slow collision accident. I had to use an authorized dealer to repair to keep the warranty, so they got the job. Instead of repairing it, they kept making up new excuses that there is something further wrong with the car. Whenever I call them, they would say the car is ready, only to have me show up and then tell me further repair is needed. In the end, they ran up such a huge bill that the car has to be totaled.

Then when I tried to pick up my belongings in the car, they lost some of them. The client service person is always rude, and do not know anything about cars. When I ask questions, they would claim it had nothing to do with them, because it is at the "body-shop." That is a pathetic excuse because the body shop is part of the dealer. In the end, they got $13,000 for repairing a pair of doors and one front wheel suspension, and you know what?

The car was not fixed after all this saga and 3 months of my wasted time. Given that track record of fraudulent repairs, I don't think you should trust them when they sell a car to you, either. There are plenty of other dealers for Ford Lincoln Mercury Subaru and Mazda. Go somewhere else.

Smith Cairns Ford Company Profile