Paul Conte Cadillac

Freeport, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was quoted a price by the manager Dave for a Cadillac and they hid a price increase of $1000 in the sales checkout process by bundling the warranty price with the price of the car. When I caught it, it took 6 weeks to get a response from them and then they denied it and told me I had to buy another car if I wanted my $1000 back that they stole from me. STAY AWAY!

Purchased a 2015 Cadillac SRX from Conte Cadillac. I have dealt with many car dealers over the years. The service, selection, and ease of doing business makes buying at Paul Conte Cadillac a must!! Already referred our good friends!! Thank you to the entire staff for a wonderful buying experience!

2008 Escalade purchased at Conte Cadillac brought in for service on multiple occasions for the same problems, and repairs don't seem to last. Very disappointed with the service. Not recommended.

I bought in my car to be serviced on Tuesday November 5, 2013. And I had to drop off my car and I was told that I would get a call later that day to pick up my car. Danny was the person that helped me and he said that they needed to order some parts and that he would call me when the car was ready. He had to send my car to get one of my rim serviced by a third party and this would cost me 150.00. After the service he tells me that he made a mistake with the price that the cost would be 190.00. I said that was ok.

Finally he calls me on Tuesday November 12, 2013 to pick up the car. I arrived at the dealer at 4:15pm and he had left for the day. I paid for the services while they brought my car to the front. When I see my car it was missing all 4 caps to my wheels and the back piece to my car. I was so upset to see my car missing all of these parts. Danny was not there and the service Manager that I spoke to told me that they had noted that the caps were missing. I know that is not true when I bought my car in the Tuesday, all my caps were there and the back piece to my car was also there. I have to wait till tomorrow morning when Danny comes in to address this issue. I have never had such an awful experience. I can't believe that all these pieces were missing from car. Where did they take my car? I am so angry with this experience. I expect them to fix this issue tomorrow and order the parts that are missing from car. This is not acceptable.

If you are looking to buy a Cadillac or have one serviced, I am recommending that you do not buy/service it at Paul Conte. I first went there when I was looking to buy my car (because they are close to me). I almost bought the car until the manager came in and said, "You won't be able to have your car serviced here if you don't buy it from here". This, of course is not true and I said, "Do you really think I'm that stupid?". Well, I wound up leaving there and going to another Cadillac dealer (North Bay) and bought the car the same day.

I have had service on the car at Paul Conte and they are never able to solve the problem. Not only that, but they are extremely rude to their customers and they have lied to me to try and have me pay for maintenance that my vehicle does not need. I have regularly maintained my car and my engine blew after only 27,500 miles. My car was at Paul Conte and I had it moved to North Bay because Paul Conte has accused me of not maintaining my car even when I provided the records to prove that I have. In addition, they will not work with me to have this problem corrected at GM's expense (which it should be).

I have done extensive research on the internet about the Cadillac CTS and found that other people have had this problem. There should have been a recall from GM; however, Paul Conte is just trying to make a fast buck and doesn't care. Please do not go to Paul Conte for anything. You will be sorry!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Conte Cadillac?

It amazes me that I have been trying to work with the Freeport, New York Paul Conte Cadillac dealership for over five months to fix a car that I brought from them in July 2009. I purchased a Cadillac Escalade 2007 with 6,900 miles. I bought it in honor of the birth of my second daughter, as I knew we would need the room in the car to take our first holiday family trip this Christmas down south to see our extended family.

So far since July 2009, I have been to the Cadillac dealership in New York 20 times for various reasons including, engine light, gas gauge, odometer, rear door panel, tire sensor, seat climate control and DVD repair. Let's not forget that I have visited the dealership for smaller items, including key fob, detailing the car (as when I purchased it, the detailer was not there) and visited twice to get headphone sets for the DVD player. Thus far, there have been consistent problems with the vehicle, the engine light, gas gauge, tire sensor, odometer and DVD player. And to date, the service manager has not been helpful, as he has indicated that he cannot find the problem but does that mean you do not escalate the issue to see what the problem is?

Thus far, my family and I will not be visiting our relatives down south next week, as I do not have a reliable car. I cannot drive my wife, 3 year old daughter, and 9 month old daughter over 15 hours in a car that I cannot count on to tell me, how fast I am going, if I have enough gas, if the engine is overheating, if the tires have the right pressure, if the seats are too cold for my toddler, and to add salt in the wound, sooth my toddler and infant during a long car trip with a DVD player. My only hope for Christmas at this point will be that my family and I enjoy time with each other, even though we had larger plans to see our extended family. And my Christmas wish is that you can help me work with Cadillac to fix a car that I thought would have been a great family car. Thank you in advance.

Paul Conte Cadillac Company Profile