Orange County BMW

Harriman, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I leased an X5 from this dealership in January 2016. I requested that they transfer my commercial plates from my trade in vehicle. I dealt with Sammi who is the manager as I was referred through a friend of the owner, John Stern. Sammi said I was in good hands and would give me the best deal. When I went to pick my new car up and drop off the trade in I noticed there were regular plates on the car. My rep that day, Mark told me that he could not transfer the plates prior to lease but I could do it as soon as I received the registration from DMV. However it turns out that BMW will not permit commercial plates on their leased vehicles. After several un-answered calls to Sammi I went to see him and he told me it would be taken care of. I got a call from his secretary to say they could not fix it and that it was all my fault.

I then called the owner, John Stern who was initially very responsive and sympathetic and told me he would do whatever he could to resolve my problem. He wrote to me on March 14 and said all was processed and would be resolved hopefully in a few days. That was three weeks ago and he does not return my texts. BMW Financial says I have to pay the entire lease for a car I cannot use for business. As far as I'm concerned I will never deal with BMW again.

I was going to buy a 2008 M5 from this location. We agreed on a price and he assured me that was the best they could do on it. I then went home to get stuff from my old vehicle to complete the trade-in. However, when I checked their website they had the vehicle listed for sale for 4k cheaper than the price I agreed upon. I then called back and told them I wanted the car for the advertised price on their website. They refused to sell me the car for the advertised price. I cancelled the order and they still tried to keep my deposit and I had to do a charge-back on my credit card to get the money back. DISHONEST.

First complaint: I had returned my old 7 series at OCBMW in May 2011 and picked up my new 750LI. I was told to leave the old car there, and everything is fine. A month later, I got a bill from BMW for $3300 stating that the car had damages. I called OCBMW, but they said that the BMW corporate does the inspection and that there is nothing they could do. I spoke to BMW financials and asked them for proof of damages, but they were not able to provide me with anything and told me that they would look into this and will get back to me. To my surprise, I got a call from collection agency to collect $3300 for which my lawyer is still fighting with them.

Second complaint: I gave my new 750LI for service on Friday and was told to pick up the car on Saturday which was fine. Due to work, I was not able to pick up the car till Monday. When I went to pick up the car, there was a dent in the front and a big scratch on my windshield which I complained. At this time, Jimmy, the manager, came to me with a sheet showing a little dent in front and told me that upon their survey, the dent was there which I was completely unaware of.

He then told me that he will look into the video camera and will get back to me. As soon as I left, Jimmy called me stating that the scratch on the windshield was already there, because I had told them that the wipers were squeaking a little bit and that because of the scratch, wipers were squeaking which does not make any sense to me.

He then said that it will take him a couple of hours to look at the video to find out if the dent was there or not. Jimmy never called me after that, and when I called him today, Thursday, he told me that he looked at the video and that it seemed like the dent was already there, but when he tries to enhance it, it became blurry.

Basically, he shoved everything on me and told me that there is nothing he could do about it. And when I asked him if I could speak to the general manager, he told me that he was on vacation as he had a surgery and he had no idea when he will be back. This is the most horrible experience I have ever had with BMW after having BMWs for 10 years. I will never ever go back to this dealership and would want everyone who reads this to do the same.

I answered an Internet promotion for a Z4, and on over the phone, I put down $1000.00. On May 5, I was sent an invoice to sign which was very basic, so I asked for a detailed one which I never received. A week later, I cancelled the deal and after several e mails and phone calls to Jeffrey **, with the sales manager with him saying he would refund the deposit, they still refused to return my deposit.

My car wouldn't start so I called OCBMW and had the car towed to them. I spoke with Liz who said that the car probably won't be looked at until Monday. I asked about a loaner, which of course they never have available. I then asked for a rental at which time Liz told me that until they looked at the car, they wouldn't be able to get one for me, because they had to see if it was a warrantied part. So here I am, stuck without a vehicle and OCBMW didn't even try to help.

My husband called and spoke with Liz and she told him they would get me a rental but we would have to pay half and that was a policy of BMW. I went to Enterprise Rental in Harriman and was told by them that OCBMW was not paying for the car, so I left without one. Liz called me around 4 in the afternoon to tell me I needed a new fuel pump, which of course they didn't have. She said that they would have it express shipped to them and my car would be ready on Monday afternoon (02/08/2010).

I called BMW on Monday morning at 8:30 to check the status of my car and was told to call back after 9:00 am. I called them back at 10:00 to see what was going on and was told that the part was going to come from Germany, which I found very odd. I called again at 10:45 and asked for the service manager named Stewart. I was told that he was busy and he would call me back. I then called back at 11:30 and again at 12:30, Stewart was busy again. He finally called me back at 12:47 and informed me that they would not service my car at all and I had to get it out of there immediately. They are professional people and won't deal with people like me.

Needless to say, at that point, I was extremely upset. I called the BMW headquarters and made a second complaint. I was really surprised that they refused service. With all the money I pay for this car, I expected a better service. OCBMW service was never at its best. The whole experience was horrible and because of this, I won't be getting another BMW. The service manager, Stewart, was always very arrogant, but I let it go because I had to have my car serviced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orange County BMW?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Orange County BMW Company Profile