1.06/5
  • 1 star
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

49 Nissan of Garden City Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I went to Nissan of Garden City to have my remote starter pair with my 2005 Murano, they added the program charged me $141 but the remote could not start the car. They refuse to remove the program and advise me the module is not correct for the car. The rep advised my sister in law that he knew the remote starter would not work with the car but didn't advised us. I called spoke with manager sup who is saying they would not know without testing it which was a lie. They refuse give me back my money.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I have a 2013 Nissan Versa. When I purchased the car, I was to receive free oil change for as long as I have the car. I went into the dealership on July 31, 2017 for my oil change and I was told that they are discontinuing my free oil change without any notice. They claim that there was new ownership and they do not have to honor the deal that was made at the time of the sale.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Sometime in the middle of January 2017 I visited this dealer because I wanted to lease a 2017 Rogue. I walked in with my son and someone immediately greeted us. Immediately I was directed to a sales associate. I told him what I was looking for and told him I was ready to get the new car that same day. The sales person took me to a computer, opened a website and told me to look at the price online from Nissan USA. He left, came back about 20 minutes later and asked me if I was ready to sign and asked me what else "do I wanted". He had no more information for me other than the website.

I tried to be friendly and approached him differently. He then told me again that I only had the prices on the website and that he was ready to move to another customer. My son was looking at me like we were from another planet. The situation became very awkward and very unprofessional. I was ready to get the car and I go and the sales person was just not part of this. I think it's extremely sad that the sales person acted up like this. The manager was actually next to us and he did not say anything at all. I know this is not the way I was planning my day. I wanted the car but was not going to expose myself to be humiliated and treated like I was a weird thing.

I decided to leave and the sales person and his manager didn't say a thing. I was going home and decided to stop at the Nissan dealer in Great Neck. I explained what I was looking for and within minutes I was presented with a great variety of options and deals. It is simply amazing to know these dealers are within the same umbrella and yet the one in Garden City treated me like crap. At the end of the day leased a 2017 Rogue with a great deal and an awesome package of options at a great price. I find it pathetic that the Garden City Nissan treated me like garbage. I do not and will never recommend the Garden City Nissan dealer. Their customer service is pathetic and sucks. I even asked if they had any veteran's offers (recently retired from the US Army) and the guy said maybe, not sure. Don't visit this dealer!

Original review: July 15, 2016

I was looking for an 2013 and up Nissan Altima for my brother. I was already approved for a loan with a very low APR due to my good credit. One of the manager did not want to business with me, because I didn't want to finance with them. Another salesman took over, I saw a car, I gave a deposit which he took. Next day, I came back with my check, the car was sold to someone else. I found it very ** and for them to sell the car to someone else for a higher price. I will never go back to that dealership, and everyone should go elsewhere. They cannot be trusted, and that is very bad business.

Original review: June 21, 2016

THE worst dealership of all time. I called 4 separate times, offering them full price + whatever fees they wanted on top of the full price for their GTR, yet no one could come to me and say that they wanted to take the offer. You'd think that someone offering full price for their most expensive car would warrant a fairly timely response... On top of that insane dealership does not take full price and all associated (BS) fees for their car? Everyone said they would "call me back" but never did until I re-called (multiple times). They just want to sucker you in so they can jack up the price and make you feel bad about leaving without a car. They have horrendous salespeople and a horrible business model. They won't even hold a car for you if you agree to buy it! Absolutely disgusting place. Would never recommend anyone going to it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS NISSAN. 100% scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan of Garden City?

Original review: June 14, 2016

This is the worst service I have ever received from your service department. The supervisor by the name of Tammy needs better training as to how to deal with issues and the customer service rep - she was a joke to say the least. My car was damaged and it took 1 week and 4 days to have it fixed with no follow up as to what is going on and to add insult to injury each time I call to find out I was sent to a voice mail. I still have yet to receive a call back from the infamous Tammy (supervisor).

Finally went to pick my car up on Saturday 6/11/16 the interior of my car was dirty and all the polish was left on the front of my car. This was nothing laid on the floor or the seat of my car. So to keep this short this is supposed to be the number 1 Nissan Dealership but you cannot have a sales department that kiss ass and a service department that is subpar with people that don't give a ** or do care. I have dealt with your sale department and they have followed up with me after the sale and after the survey was done and that to me is service well done. Just to make this clear I will never take my car back to have any service done. This is by far the worst service I have ever received and I will make sure to let all of my family member who also have Nissan never have their car service at this location.

Original review: June 15, 2015

It seems like this dealership has made quite a few errors with return lease bills/early lease termination bills. I shouldn't have any money due on my old lease since I got into a new car with them. Not only did NMAC take a credit (for overpayment) I had on my old lease account (In March $587) and applied it to the amount owed (because Nissan of Garden City didn't pay it off) but N of GC also didn't take care of the full amount, it said I still owed $777?? I tried reaching out to my salesperson ** who forgot I called and emailed multiple times. I called many times since my purchase and I have left voicemails with no return. When I did get in touch he said he would take care of the issue. That was in February and it is now June! I shouldn't have to deal with this stress!!

Original review: June 10, 2015

I purchased a car from Nissan of Garden City in May of 2015 and left with temporary plates (expires in 2 weeks) which was suppose to be suffice amount of time until I had received my registration and my plates from DMV. Meanwhile, I submitted all paperwork that was needed right away so there wouldn't be any delays in the process. After a month, I go outside and find four tickets on my car for an unregistered vehicle. I then couldn't drive the car because I would've been arrested. If I had never received these tickets, I wouldn't have known that my car was still not registered with DMV because the dealership failed to contact me to let me know about the registration for my car. I call DMV and they tell me the reason I haven't received my registration is because the dealership submitted the wrong paperwork to DMV which delays the process for the registration.

So at this point, my car has no registration and I have four tickets against my license. I then went into the dealership and told them what happened with the tickets and that the car still isn't registered. And they then responded with no regard for what they have caused. They were unprofessional, disrespectful and created such an embarrassing situation for me as the customer. They all laughed at me and the manager told me that this is not his problem. They refused to help me in any way possible. So at this present time, I'm stuck with a car that still isn't registered and I have four tickets that I have to go to court for and possibly face suspension of my license. From what I understand, this dealership is known to rip customers off, as there are multiple reviews on the internet that shows this.

Original review: May 20, 2015

After putting a $500 deposit down on a 2012 Nissan Rogue, and a lot of hassle trying to get the car checked out, then trying to get the dealer to take the time to process my credit so I could see how their rates compared to the financing I already secured - he never actually called me back. Today we were told they sold the car out from under me, and we offered an older vehicle with 2 prior owners and a reported accident. Not acceptable. They were not helpful on the phone when explaining this to me and I was hung up on by the salesman. The general manager, **, was nicer but still had no viable solution.

Original review: March 21, 2015

Do not purchase, lease or get your car detailed at Nissan of Garden City. Not only did they overcharge us thousands of dollars in taxes, plates and license fees for leasing a vehicle but when we received our car registration in the mail it was only valid for 6 months. When I attempted to contact ** the manager that assisted us he would not accept our phone calls and didn't care to explain why our registration wasn't for 2 years. Stay away. They are a bunch of scammers. It's so wrong to treat a client like this especially when this is our third vehicle from Nissan. Should have went back to Nemet Nissan - they treat their customers way better than Garden City!

Original review: March 21, 2015

Now on March 21 I was not charged for the complimentary oil change or tire rotation, but at the same time I was not given the choice of refusing. I just spent $70 in Feb for a synthetic oil change which was drained away and replaced. Now to the tire rotation. On February 7th I bought 2 new tires (not from Nissan) and had them installed on the front wheels. Since my car is a front wheel drive I wanted the new tires for traction and also better steering especially when the roads are wet or snowy. So what did Nissan do, they rotated the tires installing the rear tires on the front. The rear tire had a TIRE REPAIR PLUG close to the side wall and I would never want this tire on the front.

I also got a transmission oil change and was charged $136 in labor, which seem ok because I was told they would be dropping the transmission oil pan. At their posted rate of $115 per hour, the labor rate seemed fine. But when the car 1/2 hour later was taken to a private garage to put the tires back, I looked under the car as the garage mechanic pointed out to me that there is a drain plug (which was wiped clean) in the transmission bottom pan and the screws holding the pan on where all full of dirt, SO THE TRANSMISSION PAN WAS NEVER REMOVED. They drained from the bottom and refilled from the top. A 20 minute job billed to over an hour.

When I asked the cost of a new fan belt (serpentine) I was told the complete install job is $198. I bought a belt for $20 (at a parts store) and that same garage charged me $40 to install it. Hey, they are entitle to charge whatever they want, but to bill for hours that take minutes and to lie about the procedure, and most of all, whether it's free or not, don't do work of any kind without my AUTHORIZATION. I won't forget this one. Annoyed I remain.

Resolution response: March 21, 2015

A while ago I wrote a complaint for Garden City Nissan service department. Well after my complaint, they have called to me solve the issue and I took my vehicle back there. To be fair, I still think a lot of their employees and mechanics don't know what they are doing.

Everyone says something else and they don't care enough. But there are some team members there, they are great and they are going beyond in order to make their customers satisfied, such as ANDREA. She is great so far - she knows what she is doing and she does care. Whatever she promises, she does and she is realistic. Thanks for all her help to Andrea because personally, I believe if she didn't put the effort she did, I would still be trying to deal with the problem.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

About a year ago I had the airbag light on and I took my car to Nissan Garden City service center. They have fixed it and a month later the light was on again. Unfortunately, being a single mother and having a crazy work schedule I couldn't take the car back. 2 weeks ago I took my vehicle back, first of all they have said the warranty doesn't cover. After a long explanation of the problem occurred again because they couldn't fix it a year ago so it should cover, they have accepted it. Of course it took nearly six hours. I have left the car there and get a rental, then the next day they have called me and said my car is ready. When I went there my car wasn't ready, I had to wait another 3 hours.

Then while they were fixing it, which the only thing they supposed to do was to change the seat belt buckle so the air bag light wont be on, they broke the part and they have said they need to order again. And I need to come back in a week, so here I am, nothing has been done and I lost 2 days already. I was there last Saturday, they told me I need to drop off the car, get a rental so I did all my doctor's appointments on the same day for my kids. When I went there they have said it is 20 min job so they don't need to give me a vehicle, I can just wait. I did mention them a lot of time that I had doctor's app for my kids and they have said that the job will be done immediately. I was there since 8 am to 3 pm, supposedly for a 20 min job.

Also they have fixed the buckle but I had a problem with the key as well which is not working properly. They kept changing the battery and it didn't work and after all these time that I have lost, they did not fix and they told me to go back. Well I have been there for 4 times for such a small issue. Nobody there knows what is going on plus the manager Jimmy ** is very mean. Also all they are saying is sorry but they do not do anything to solve the problem. I am an irate customer. I would never go back there and also while I am waiting there a lot of customers were complaining as well.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

We received a call about trading in our leased Sentra. I figured "what the hell, let's go in and see what they are offering." We told the "salesmen" that we would not pay more than we are paying now, and we have no money for a down payment (Christmas had just passed). He said no problem. He asked for my credit card to hold so we could go on a test drive. I test drove a new 2014 Sentra. The drive went around the block and that was that. We were told that we would be paying $220 a month. We said ok lets do it. We were then visited by 2 so called mangers and reassured that everything was going great and we were in good hands.

We are now into our third hour and finally sitting with the "finance dept" guy. This is where the B.S. started. Our $220 per month was now $250 per month. We were told we would need to put down something and let's not forget the first payment and the $500 DMV fees. We were looking at $1100. I told the "guy" to give me back my credit card and get my other car back. For another hour we fought with this guy and in the end we put down $500. A week later their financial company took the next month's payment out. We were able to stop the payment and get it set up for a date that worked for us. I tried for a week to get through to my Salesman, but he never returned my calls.

Finally when we spoke, he was so pissed off cause in their customer survey we express our unhappiness with our service from the "financial dept" and he lost and I quote "I ** lost $2000 dollars and your worry about a few bucks." I asked for his boss and he hung up on me. I called back and was put through to the GMs voicemail. I left a pleasant message repeatedly asking for a call back on anyone of my three numbers. Never heard from them. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH GARDEN CITY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2014

2013 Nissan Rogue only given one set of keys for a brand new car. When I spoke with Troy the one who sold me the car he promise to get me another set of keys. My title state that the car is new with 7 miles. Somehow they change the records to a used car so I am not entitle to another set of keys unless I buy the keys. I think that it is so unfair. Troy did nothing but sold me a bunch of lies.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2014

After stopping in with my wife to look at both the Nissan Rogue and Murano, one of the sales reps, Kevin **, was able to show us a few vehicles and eventually took us on a 2 minute test drive. Basically, the road behind the dealership and back. Barely anytime to get a feel for the vehicle or the way that it drives.

Despite us stating that we were not in the market for a car at the moment, more like a few months down the road. He insisted on us filling out paperwork for a Rogue 2014. I disclose our current financial situation and how my credit has taken a nosedive this year, and even told him (which I regret now) that we are currently financing a 2014 Toyota Corolla. He took this opportunity to try to convince us to get out of a bad deal and put us into a more affordable payment plan. Despite the fact that we would get a horrible trade-in value for a car with less than 2k miles on it and have all that negative equity buried into the new loan. In order to just get an idea of what our monthly payments would be, Kevin ran my credit twice, then asked if I could add a co-signer, and even then was not able to secure us the car my wife wanted. Instead, he tried to convince her to take the base model that had worst features than our Corolla.

Oh, and let me add that while this was going on, he kept us waiting for 3 hours for a response from the bank. All the while making us read over and over again that stupid little excerpt they have on their paperwork about "truth in lending" and being "honest", and thus being the #1 volume sales dealership in America. What really pissed me off about the whole ordeal, was that I was strong armed into putting down a security deposit to just "run the numbers" with financing. Luckily, I was able to talk him down to the "minimum" of $250.

Long story short, he never got us a response from the bank. Couldn't find us a car on the lot, not even a base model. Told us to go home and he'd call us on Monday (this was Saturday 8/2/14). I didn't receive a call, and when I called the dealership he kept dodging my call. I had to come in on Tuesday 8/5/14 during my lunch break, asked him what the deal was. He had the gall to ask for a stronger deposit and better co-signer. I told him that I didn't want the car and to please refund my money.

Their finance department promised it would be returned at the end of the day. I called back the next day to confirm and was told that refunds are processed on Thursdays (really? a POS transaction can't be reversed the same day? Even the ** Dollar Store can do that!). Called Thursday and was told that returns are done on Fridays. My wife called Friday, and was hung up on. I called Saturday and was told they would call me back. I offered to call the cops instead. I went to my bank, filed a charge-back and filled out the necessary papers. I'm still waiting for my money to be refunded. To top it off, these idiots keep calling to ask if we had gotten a car and if we were happy with the service, to please give them a review. Well...here you go!

Original review: April 29, 2014

Ok, so I purchased a used 2011 Nissan Sentra on April 3 and here we are not even a month later and I been to service over 10 times already. This car is a headache and I guess Troy sold it to me just to make money. I'm beyond angry!!!!!!

Original review: March 29, 2014

On 1/7/12, I received a letter in the mail saying if I trade in my car (Altima) at either the same or lower payment for a 2012 new or used. I called **; said to come in. My mother and I made appointment to see her. We showed her the paper about trading in the cars for the same or little payment. She told **. He was telling us he got us. He would take care of us NOT knowing that we would be paying a HIGH CAR NOTE! When we got our 1st payment, it should have been $396 not $500. I called ** about that payment. He comes telling me he didn't know it would be that high so he's gonna give me $500 to help me. Now it's 3 years later and he didn't hold on to his part of agreement. Now he's telling me to refinance my car and I'm refusing to do so. I would like to get in contact with Maria from Mineola, NY because the same thing happened to me too at NISSAN OF GARDEN CITY. If anybody else going through this too for them to contact me so we can get together. Maybe something can be done.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2014

I owned a 2009 Nissan Altima that has 44,000 miles on it and it's under warranty till 60,000 miles. I took the car to Star Nissan dealer at Bayside, NY and was told the car needs new engine and warranty covers it but I will need to show all the oil change receipts. However I do not have all the receipts just half and the dealer told it's no good and want $6000 for repair. Please help, this is insane.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2013

About a year ago, I called Bar None where they referred me to Nissan of Garden City and all my nightmares began. I first arrived to Nissan solo as the jeep I was driving was dying and I desperately needed a vehicle to get back and forth to work. I brought my driver's license and my pay stubs to their special finance department where they told me ID require a co signer or sponsor as they called it. So I call a friend who then agreed to sponsor the vehicle for me due to the terms of agreements they told me and I met with them a few days later, Tuesday, October 16th, 2012. I arrived back at the dealer paperwork and cosigner at hand where I began the 6-hour process from hell.

I picked out a car a 2011 Nissan Sentra after actually wanting a 2013 redesigned Sentra which I knew was available for purchase from Nissan and they claimed that it wasn't redesigned and tried to give me a base model 12 which I didn't like. So I went and picked out a semi fully loaded SR model in a color and trim I desired. It all seemed perfect. It was 2011 and had under 36 thousand on the dash. We finalize the paper work and I drove home happy. Then all hell broke out just 3 weeks later. I'm driving to work after just exiting the highway and my car dies in the middle of traffic. Odd to me, I get a jump and proceed about my day but the issue continued. The car stalled for the next two days repeatedly when I finally gave up and called roadside to have the car towed back to NOGC. I get there and they asked why was I being so dramatic and having the car towed in when I could have got a jump and drove in. And I responded what's dramatic is that why is a car that I bought only 3 weeks prior is stalling in traffic.

After waiting a mere 2 hours, they came back and said it was an issue with the battery and said it would cost 150 dollars to replace. I said, "Oh no, I bought the extended warranty and my car at the time was just a little over 36 thousand." They argued with me that at no time is the battery covered under the purchase of a 5000$ warranty. After threatening to get higher people involved because I just purchased the vehicle, they covered the battery by forging the car was under 36 thousand illegal, but I was happy. I could have my car fixed at no cost. All was fine after that. About a week or so later, it was a bright sunny day and I'm staring at the car and I noticed paint shade difference along the car but figured it was nothing and it was a glare or something and paid it no mind.

Unfortunately, on December 18th, I was heading to do Christmas shopping and I was stopped in traffic on the Long Island expressway and I was rear ended by some ** not paying attention to the fact we all were at a complete stop. He slammed me into the car ahead of me causing front and rear end damage. My car was towed next day to an auto collision place to assess the situation to start the paper work to get it fixed when the owner called me in to the shop immediately for a discussion. Upon arriving at the collision center, he explained that there was a good amount of damage but it was fixable. It depended on the numbers if they were going to be able to fix it and deem like okay. Is that it? And he tells me no. He brings me out to show me my car and then proceeds to tell me that the car was in a collision before and I'm like "What do you mean?"

I saw the car facts and Nissan claimed the car was free of all accidents. He then shows me the side of the car which I believed just a few weeks earlier to be off color and I just so happened to be right. The car was painted because the whole passenger side extended fully down the side of the car to the rear was in a collision and was repaired but whoever repaired it did such a ** job because there was paint found in spots like the tail pipe where paint should not be. I went to Nissan and Nissan denied everything showing me car facts and auction papers where they got the car from. It gets better. After doing numbers, they declared the car a total loss and the process to get the car paid out began. The guy's insurance company paid what they had to pay by law, the value of the car plus a few extra for the time waited and etc. and it left me with a 3200 dollar balance on the car.

I was like good gap insurance we have as stated in the waiver form which only had a box to waive it and I was under the impression that it would be covered. Wrong I was again. Nissan illegally checked off the box saying we waived gap and when receiving their copy of the paper work, it was completely forged by a person whom I still haven't met to this day and now I'm stuck with a balance and no car. Nissan of Garden City is the worst place you can ever go to. They are con artist and scams and at the end of it all, I found out my name was never on the loan but only my co signers. Go ** figure. Now I have no cosigner and lost a friendship and the purchase of that car was the worst thing I could ever do with my life.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

Went to NISSAN OF GARDEN CITY to look at a NISSAN GTR . When I discovered the price that idea kind of went out the window but the dealer stressed he can give me a much better price. After hours of back and forth and a price of $39,000, I decided yes, only to come outside to a NISSAN LEAF which also happens to be a battery on wheels. I refused to take that thing. They had the plates on it and all, saying the car is mine. I left the Dealership 2:00 am and that sorry battery. Salesman ** calls me saying they have a sports car. Go to see the car (NISSAN MAXIMA) and it already has plates and registration with contract signed and complete without my acknowledgement (FRAUD). I took those plates off the car, called my insurance company and yes, it was already insured. They're telling me that's abandonment and I must pick up the vehicle. The vehicle is still there and they're under investigation.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2013

Buyer beware! Bait and switch! I made an appointment with an internet manager Monica ** at 1PM on 2/12/13. When I arrived, I asked for her at the front desk. She was paged and a moment later, a salesman Freddy ** greeted me. I told him I was waiting for Monica. He stated that she gets Nissan internet leads and he was the salesman assigned to me. I know that salespersons often try to steal one another's customers, but I agreed to have him help me. I knew something wasn't right when he had no idea what vehicle I came in for. I told him a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder LE in dark grey. He came back about 10 minutes later saying he couldn't find it. It could have been sold already.

In front of Freddy, I found the vehicle on my smartphone with the stock #UN22939. He said he would get the key and meet me outside. After 10 minutes, I walked back in the dealership to find Freddy joking with two other sales guys. I said what happened? With key in hand, he went outside and brought me the Pathfinder. Folks, what happened next made my blood boil. The Pathfinder he brought was not even close to what was shown online. Freddy argued with me that was it. I said look at the list of features online and the ones on the window of the vehicle. No leather, no navigation, no moon roof, no nothing. He said, "I guess they made a mistake, but I do have a white one with what you're looking for, for only $29,000."

I lost it. I demanded to talk to Monica. He repeated several times that she does not even work in the building. Monica confirmed the appointment the night before and told me she personally saw the vehicle and it was beautiful. All lies! The vehicle Freddy brought out was a mess. Damage on the driver's side door. The seats were all stained and the interior was disgusting. Scratches everywhere. It looked like a family with kids drove cross country and returned it dirty.

I left furious and in the parking lot, I called Monica at the phone she called me on. She answered. I told her what happened and asked where she was. Monica was in the dealership the whole time. I asked repeatedly why she lied to me about the Pathfinder and its condition, and why Freddy to my face told me she didn't work in the building. All she said was Freddy would never say that. Please do not waste your time with these clowns. The salespeople are all standing around like it's a place to hangout. The worst experience I have had with a dealership. FYI, the vehicle is still listed on their website. I guess to bait and switch another customer.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2012

Awful, stay away! They are all scum bags here. A year ago, we bought a Nissan Pathfinder from this place and it was the worst experience. In short, we negotiated a price with the salesman. However, once we were directed over to the finance department, Ellen **, she completely disregarded anything we talked about adding about $10K to the price and having my father and I sign a different set of documents than we had originally reviewed (adding check marks to "accept warranty" etc.). After several complaints, they eventually refunded us $1K; total scam artists. This was after about 5 straight months of calling and going into the dealership several times. We will never go back here.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2012

My wife wanted a Murano and after arguing for a fair price, we went to see the finance manager. This is when you need to pay close attention. She was told she needed to "buy down the interest rate" and was given an inflated rate. By the time they finished with her, her payments were higher than if she bought a Jaguar. I wouldn't buy a key chain from them, any place other than Garden City!

Original review: July 27, 2012

On 7/3/12, I traded in my 2006 Altima for a 2012 Altima only because I received a letter in the mail stating that Nissan needed 2005 and 2006 Altimas, and one could trade it in for a 2012 Altima at either the same or lower payments. After over four hours, the finance manager said my payment would be a little higher ($349 instead of $324, which is what I was paying). I agreed and he told me to sign a bunch of papers, not explaining what each one was. A few days ago, I got my first bill and it says my monthly payment is $549.88. I called Nissan and they said there was nothing they could do because I signed the contract, even though I tried to explain to them that the finance person verbally said one price and then never really showed me the price on the contract, but just told me to sign. A word of wisdom – don’t take people's word anymore!

Original review: July 19, 2012

I purchased a pre-owned Pathfinder from a dealership in Garden City, New York. It had problems initially that were promised to be fixed. I was promised the services at the time of purchase and it took 2 months, 3 visits and screaming with the sales manager and service department. It finally was completed, but I had to pay even more out of pocket and rent 2 vehicles. My fault for not having them done first before purchase. The reason I'm complaining about consumer affairs is that I had purchased an "extended wrap" coverage for the truck. After having it for a year, I decided to trade it in because it was getting 9 miles to the gallon. By law, I was supposed to be reimbursed the prorated difference of the extended warranty that wasn't used. The warranty cost was $3,000 and I used 9% of the allowed miles.

The dealership had worked the cost of the warranty into the final sales price and did not list it specifically, so they stated that they are not required to give me any refund. This was stated by Daniel **, the financial person who handles car loans. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. After many phone calls, they said they could do nothing about it and that each dealership was independent. With no oversight ability or even the ability to make sure that your dealerships are complying with the law, how could you call yourselves such an entity?

I work with teenagers and college students for a living. I know for a fact that I have turned 12 people away from the dealership in Garden City. Some went to another Nissan and others went to different companies. So for the $3,000 they scammed, I'm estimating I took $300,000-$375,000 worth of business away from them. I won't stop either. I am not sure of how many customers are unaware that they are entitled to a refund. If an attorney is looking to file a suit, I'll jump on board as long as you plan to hammer them.

Original review: April 21, 2012

I co-signed for my boyfriend and when those six months passed, Nissan was supposed to remove my name from the title and they didn't and it caused a lot of problems with my family.

Original review: April 11, 2012

We were at the dealership for 4 hours and tired and exhausted. Trade in value of Jeep was stated at $4,000. I bought 2 cars and used the $3,200 for down payment and first payments. Balance of $800.00 will be issued upon receipt of title for trade in. I gave the title and the salesman now said that we had to wait 3 weeks for check.

It has been six weeks and Tony of Legal Dept. says that Victor ** (my salesman) said there's no such check to be issued. I checked my paperwork and nowhere is there anything written for value of my vehicle (just paperwork regarding odometer reading). Also, added onto lease agreement (that wasn't discussed) is a $395 termination fee if we decide not to purchase the vehicle. What?! There is no accountability or recourse. At the end of the deal, they handed us "our paperwork" in a white envelopment (5x8) and there were things missing out of there. What a racket!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I went to buy a 2009 grey Armada in October 2011. Five days later, I had to take the ruck back for vibration. They said it was fine. I went back the next day and another mechanic said it's the rear differential that need to be replaced and the drive shaft. I had to get a rental.for 10 days. I told them I was very dissatisfied with the vehicle since that was something major and I was told the vehicle was inspected before we received it. They told us as soon as we received the title they will swap it out. I had to go back there in the mean time for gearshift clanging and jerking, the vehicle pulling to one side, idle very high, and burning a lot of gas. They said, "Don't worry, we're going to change it." I got the title, waited five hrs for them to tell us the bank won't give us another loan and that the manager had to be replaced because he wasn't taking care of the vehicle the right way.

They told us we have to keep the vehicle, all they can do is try to fix the problems as best as possible, knowing that we were dissatisfied and displeased with the vehicle nor do we feel that it's safe. All the mechanics told the manager that nothing is wrong with our complaints. I feel if you are going to replace the manager, then you should replace the mechanics that are reporting to the manager as well because the manager is only following what the mechanics is reporting to them. Once the bank pays them, they don't care about the customers any more. We didn't go to a corner lot where you get what you paid for. We went to what we thought was a reputable dealer and got locked into a five year loan with a vehicle that we found out was overpriced and had mechanical problems that this dealer was aware of.

The reason they don't want to replace it is because they will have to sell it to someone else and then go through the problems all over again. And the reason the loan didn't get approved was because if you got a loan two months ago, why will any bank give you another loan so fast. The sales people are not professional and the managers are no help. Everyone walks around trying to look a the women and who think they are the real it there than to be trying to help with trying to satisfy a customer. I will never recommend nor go back there again. I hope this never happens to anybody else. And the price that they advertised are not the same when you get there. That's just to lure you there.

Please be careful when dealing with this dealer. They are no different from the local one on the avenue or corners in your neighborhoods. They are all about the sale and not customer satisfaction. Buyers, please beware. The vehicles are not safe at Garden City Nissan. (also the promises that they make is a comfort to a fool).

Original review: Jan. 13, 2012

I purchased a vehicle from Nissan of Garden City in 2006. The vehicle purchased was a 2003 Nissan Murano. When purchased it had 37,000 miles with a warranty for 36 months or 100,000, which ever came first. I also was told that if I purchased an extended warranty, I wouldn’t have to worry about any repairs. In 2011 the transmission has gone on this vehicle and now Nissan doesn’t want to fix my car. I contacted AMACCO to see how much it would cost to repair my vehicle. I was told by one of the repair men that my vehicle should still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Nissan will not hear anything that is being said. I am paying a car note for a car that I can not drive. I paid an extra $3,300 for something that Nissan will not honor. Please help me. This vehicle does not have 100,000 miles and the extended warranty that had been purchased by me will expire on February 23, 2012.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2012

I was quoted an out the door price by the sales man of $16,000.00. Contracted has $17,961.98; plus taxes and fees, $19788.80. Finance payments has interest first, then principal. I was never told. It makes payments higher and longer. Warranty added to purchase price. I was never told. Management never takes calls or returns calls. Nissan of the USA could care less! My sad wife and I first experience of buying a new car. Never again! I lost over $2900.00 on agreed open price and close to $3000.00 in interest payments. No satisfaction or even joy from a purchase we all know is not an investment.

Nissan of Garden City Company Information