New Rochelle Toyota

New Rochelle

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had my RAV 4 since 2014 and have to have the car fixed four times for cutting off on me while driving. I was accused of being in an accident by the manager, Mickey, and made to pay for repairs through my insurance. I was told that the fuel sensor was damaged which caused the car to break down and was told to replace the gas tank. The problem persisted and I informed them that it was not the problem initially, but they did not take my opinion into account. So now they "replaced the entire computer" as well as the battery. I was told that the battery was cracked, which I found impossible since the battery was replaced for the second time by New Rochelle Toyota. I find that Toyota does not stand behind their vehicles which has caused me not to trust the company anymore.

Worst PLACE I have ever seen. I was looking to buy a white Highlander for my wife, I came across this dishonest dealership. I drove across state line from Boston to NYC. Before started driving, I spoke multiple times to Emily on the phone, she told me all the information about the car. Once I especially called her for the Carfax report, she placed me on hold and said clean Carfax, no accident, no damage Lease Car. When I arrived at the New Rochelle Toyota, I did a test drive on the car with sales person Bob **. I pointed out few things. The hood was not aligning up right, too much gap. The bumper was missing parts, some oil marks under the car. I asked to see the Carfax. I could not believe my eyes when I SAW THE REPORT, ACCIDENT AND FIRE AIR BAG DEPLOYED.

I asked to see Emily - "She has left". WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. Lies and drama. Would anyone drive 10 hours round trip to know the truth? IT'S A SHAME. The truth was that Steve (Manager) took in this car, VERY CHEAP in from the accident, fixed the car up, made it certified to make Big Money. Later to find out that someone later reported to Carfax what really happened to the car. What do these people do to make a honest buck. The cover up was exposed. Wasted my time, I was there for all the wrong reason. What a nice cover up for a car that is in fire, accident bag deployed. This dealership cannot be trusted, dishonest. Don't let your hard-earned money go in the hands of these people, later to find what cover up they had done.

Was charged in excess of more than $1900 over the agreed upon sales price of the new car .

While shopping for a Camry LE Model which I wanted to buy. The salesman drove me to dee the car (LE) and explained everything about it. We negotiated on a price for the Camry LE.

After spending an hour and a half in there finally agreeing on a price for a LE Model he sends me to the business manager and he tries to write the order up for a Camry CE (CHEAPER MODEL).

James of Allentown NJ (09/30/08

In response to an ad on, I called to verify they had in stock the 2007 Kia Sedona with 7,879 miles (clean carfax) for $11,892. They said they did, so I drove an hour and a half to get there. They walked me through the lot looking for the van, trying to sell me other vehicles as we went. After offering me many other vehicles, each for thousands more and with over 3 times the mileage...they claimed the van had been sent for auction and that they could not get it back. (something they did not disclose up front) They kept me there for nearly two hours in an attempt to have me consider other vehicles

I took a vacation day from work to travel there, traveled and hour and a half each way (plus many tolls) and the only thing they offered to do was give me a great deal on another vehicle or sell me that one IF it didn't sell at auction.

My request to be compensated for my time and expense was flaty rejected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Rochelle Toyota?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

On July 12, 2008 I went into New Rochelle Toyota's Sales Dep with the intention of buying a new 2008 Toyota Rav4. After a couple of hours of haggling over the price, I reached an agreement that I was satisfied with. The same day I have signed some preliminary papers, and have given a $2000 deposit in cash - and I supposed to come in on Monday July 14 to pick up the car.

To keep this story short, I will not go into detail on how the financial manager tried to trick us into ridiculous financing terms. All in all, after sorting out those problems at the dealer we finally agreed to pick up the car on Tuesday July 15. When we arrived at the dealership we realized that the car they prepared for us was different than what we agreed on - it had over 250 miles on the odometer (it was supposed to be a brand new car) and it had a different interior color. We told them that we wanted a different car, the manager over there said that he could get us one, but we would have to pay an extra $600 for. Of course I didn't agree to that so we had to cancel the whole deal.

My current problems start right here. The manager said that they can not give us our deposit back, as their financial dep was closed. He said that they would write it and send it to us, and that we would get it by Monday July 21. Today is Wednesday July 23, and no check has arrived. I phoned the dealership (several times) and finally they explained that something must have happened with that check and that they will write us a new one and send it to us (they also told us to wait another week for it). They also said that can not write the check at their dealership, they explained that their office in Huntington takes care of that, and that they do it only on Thursday's! After experiencing a lot of bad things at that dealership, I have a feeling that they have no intention of writing any check or returning my money back. It has been over 8 days since I've canceled the deal and the only thing I heard since then were unfulfilled promises.

My $2000 deposit has not been yet returned.

I had my car serviced at New Rochelle Toyota. I also had a coupon for 10% off. They took the 10% off after applying sales tax on the original amount. Say, for instance, the item is $100; they then add tax of whatever and then take the ten percent off. When I told them that everywhere else they take the 10% discount and then add tax. So that the $100 would become $90 and the $90 is taxed, not the $100. They said that the tax is always added first and then the discount is taken. Is this the rule/law? I would like to know where this information can be found if you do not have the answer.

Also, I would like to know if they are taxing on the $100, who is auditing them to be sure that they are sending all the tax they are collecting to the State or whomever is the taxing body? I am sure they are not paying the tax they should and this would amount to a substantial sum over a year.

I told them that when I purchase something in other stores and use a discount coupon they take the discount and then add the tax.

Are we not paying tax on the amount we spend?

Also, I suggested to the person with whom I spoke that she should call NY State Dept. of Taxation as I am sure they would have something in writing. She said she would and call me back. It has been a week and she has not responded to tell me anything.

New Rochelle Toyota Company Profile