Mercedes-Benz Manhattan

New York, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Terrible, terrible experience. My car was brought in on a Friday via tow truck. I called Saturday to check on it since no contacted me and was told someone would call me on Monday and I gave all of my contact information. I heard nothing by 2pm on Monday so called again. They did not know who I was, did not have my contact information, even though I received an email from them on Saturday. They finally fixed the car, we pick it up and there are wires sticking out, and a cover was not replaced. I am now waiting to see what they plan to do to correct this situation.

Mercedes Corporation should be ashamed to call this a flagship store. How can they even do this when the dealership cannot win Best of the Best, the Mercedes Benz dealership award? I was shocked to find this out, and should have checked before purchasing a vehicle from them. Their sales staff is inattentive, they all stand around chatting and do not offer to help anyone, and asking for a brochure is almost impossible. The service department isn't much better... they damaged our vehicle while it was in their possession, then had the audacity to partially repair it and say that was all they were going to do. Leaving messages for the Service Director and the General Manager gets you no phone calls back. They all need to go back to the CUSTOMER ONE training session and maybe then they might get it right. Too bad they have lost us as a Mercedes Benz customer as we will most likely not purchase another one....

On 04/25/14, took my ML 320 for repair. Car has to be jump start every time. Advisor# ** stated it will cost $719.20 to fix, picked up the car, paid $728.59. Next day, same problem. Returned the car, still have the problem. Paid Car not fixed.

After buying two Mercedes from Mercedes Benz Manhattan, I contacted them to schedule a drop-off on August 2nd for service (fix damage from a car crash). I contacted them 2 weeks before the scheduled date to make sure they knew that I was going to dropped off my car. And they confirmed for me. As a courtesy, I contacted them a week before to ensure that they knew that my car was going to be dropped off.

When I got there to drop off my car at Mercedes Dealer, nobody knew about my car and they said that they have to check if they can take my car for service. After 30 minutes of discussions, Katie ** came to talk to me about checking the car because it was an insurance related claim and she was the one to handle it. Really fast, she took the insurance check from my hands even though she didn't know the reason my car was going for service. After I scheduled two weeks in advance and have confirmed a week ago, they should be responsible for their schedules. But in this case, I was the one who drove over 50 miles to drop off my car in a good dealer and been sent home. I thought it was outrageous because of their internal communications problems, and I was the one who would have to do the same thing twice. After one hour of back and forth, they accept taking my car. Katie ** assured me that she would contact the insurance company and reserve a car for me so I could pick up around noon and drive back home with my 3 months old daughter and my mom.

When I got at the dealer around 5 PM, my car was driven to NJ and no arrangements were made about my rental. Katie ** never called Enterprise. She called Enterprise when I got back to the dealer at 5 PM and told me that there wasn't any car available for me. This was the worst customer service or customer care that I have ever experienced. I reminded her that she was supposed to call the car rental and reserve a car for me and she didn't do it. When I asked her about that, she just left as she didn't need to answer to me. I asked to talk to her supervisor Gail. When Gail came to talk to me, I told her the situation and she started to explain for Katie, protecting Katie ** and not even listen to me that I need a car and I need to take my daughter and my mom home. Gail ** did not even try to get me a car to go home, she didn't care at all how I was going to drive my family home. She was basically telling me that Katie ** had no responsibility to get me a rental for my car even if she told me she would get me a car, she didn't have to do so. Gail simply told me that I have to find a way to go home, but she couldn't do anything for me.

I called the insurance company to schedule a car rental and they scheduled the car for me. At that time, I was at Mercedes already for 2 hours trying to get a car to go home. Mercedes and its personnel did not do anything for me, they only want the insurance money for the service and care less for me. It was the worst experience I ever had in my life with customer service. After I arranged the car from Enterprise, I left Mercedes around 8PM. I stayed there for over 3 hours trying to fix a mistake made by their employees. Before I left, Katie guaranteed me that she would call me and let me know the car status, when should I return the rental and when should I pick up my car. She never called me.

I called Mercedes three times and never heard back from Katie **. I decided to call the insurance company to find out how everything stands and they explained to me that Mercedes is trying to get more damages repair in the car and they would have to hold the car for more days. I told the lady at the insurance company that I called because my body shop hasn't communicated with me at all and every time I call, they don't know anything about my car. I need to be informed and know when I am supposed to return my rental otherwise, it would come out of my packet. After the insurance, the lady called the dealer to find out the status in my car and gave a date to drop off the rental. She called me back and let me know. I couldn't believe that Mercedes Benz Manhattan could not call me to let me know about the status.

When I picked up the car, the car was showing a message about service and they did not call me if I would like to have the service performed while my car was at the dealer. Now, I have to send my car again for service (in a different dealership, because I will never go back there). It is extremely inconvenient. On top of that, they stole $60 in quarters in my car, the plastic container that is located in between the driver and passenger seat, the triangle, my car charger, a back protection, CDs and they used up all my gas and returned it to me without gas to go back home.

I have a 2010 E350 4 Matic and had a blow out of my right front tire after hitting a small pothole on the upper east side of MANHATTAN at a slow rate of speed. One hour later the roadside assistance changed the wheel to the doughnut spare. This was Sunday 10:30 am. Monday morning at 7:00 am I called Mercedes to come and pick up my vehicle to put the new tire on. They said no one could pick up my vehicle until Wednesday am. I was never offered a loaner vehicle despite my premium package coverage and their promises of superior service at date of sale. On the day after the vehicle pick up Mercedes notified me that the car was returned to my garage with repairs made.

I found it strange that my garage attendant reported that my car was NOT delivered. I thought it was an oversight. I called Mercedes back to be sure that not only was the tire replaced but that the floor mates and chrome handle inserts were placed on (backordered since the date of purchase this August 29th.) Now on Saturday, 4 days after the car was reportedly returned to my garage, I went to pick up my vehicle to drive to an appointment in New Rochelle. To my amazement, the car was not in the garage. I called Mercedes back and after 10 phone calls, no one could tell me where the car was located. I immediately took a taxi to the dealership and spoke with the managers who eventually located my car on their premises unrepaired! We were all dumbfounded. They explained that the wheel was on order. But I have no car, spent $15.00 dollars for cab fare, lost 3 hours of my morning and missed my appointment.

There was apparently some collusion among the various levels of incompetent employees at this establishment. I pay $850.00 monthly on a lease to include full wheel coverage and a premium service package. They assured me that they would waive the $375.00 repair fee. Can you imagine? What possible repair fee could they be speaking of. I have owned several BMWs before this car and never had a problem with performance, repairs, svc, etc. The Mercedes ownership has been an absolute nightmare! I am opting out of this lease contract on behalf of their breach. Honestly, if they gave me the car for free, I would still need to service it and it would not be worth my time, effort, or money. I am going back to BMW. Buyers Beware! They blow plenty of smoke up your ----. You can do a lot better for less money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz of Manhattan?

I own 1996 S420 and my transmission control unit went bad. When I tried to buy one from Mercedes of Manhattan (dealer), I was told that they can not sell me this part for my car. I was told that I cannot get my car fixed by anyone except the dealer because they will not sell the necessary part to me or my mechanic. The car's value is around $3000 and I do not intend to pay high dealer prices. I have had bad experiences with the Mercedes dealers in the past, and have always been overcharged.

So I have a mechanic who I have now a long standing relationship with and who I trust. The price for the control unit is $1200 and that is already too much. But if I have to pay for the part, I should have the choice to use any labor I choose. This is tantamount to a monopoly and it is a brand new policy. There hasn't been an issue like this before. This is my car and I should not be forced by the dealer or anyone else where I can have it repaired. This is a free country and I should be able to take my car where ever I want and the dealer should be obligated to sell me my parts! I understood that to be the policy up to this point. Now, they are getting greedy beyond all measure. This is unfair and unjust and very likely illegal.

I am writing this letter to Mercedes-Benz corporation to inform you of the nightmare experience I encountered trying to have my vehicle serviced at your Manhattan Dealership location. This morning at approximately 8am I took my CLK 320 2003 for service at the Mercedes-Benz Manhattan, Inc. located at 536 West 41st Street. The door cover to the ashtray was sticking midway upon trying to open. This was the service I requested. After consulting with Mr. Louis DeMarco, Service Advisor, I was persuaded to have a full service of my vehicle done at this location. This entailed an oil change, numerous filters changed, etc.

I remained on the premises awaiting the completion of the service. At approximately 10:30am I was informed by Mr. DeMarco that the service on my vehicle was completed and after the vehicle was washed I could retrieve it from the service receiving area.

At approximately 10:45am I picked up my CLK 320 from the service area. I drove the vehicle out of the building noticing the exterior was still quite wet. I pull over to dry the wet areas with a towel. I immediately notice that in the middle of the front slightly under the front plate area I had deep scratches approximately two feet in length. The engine now makes a knocking noise. The ashtray which was replaced was thrown and left on the floor of the front passenger seat. The passenger rear tire had a damage scrape mark along the edge approximately 12 inches in length. The vehicle cover along with other items in the trunk area were thrown all over the place. As you can imagine I was livid to say the least.

At approximately 10:55am I returned to Mercedes-Benz Dealership. I went directly to Mr. DeMarco and showed him the damages and the condition my vehicle was returned. Mr. DeMarco agreed that this was unacceptable. Mr. DeMarco spoke to numerous employees and then informed me that they would not claim responsibility for these damages. I then request to speak to the Owner or Manager of the Dealership. I was taken to Mr. Patrick Migliore, Service Manager, who stated that many vehicles are damaged there, but he is sure that my vehicle was not damaged at this location, as if he had been with my vehicle throughout the servicing. Which in fact, he had not seen my vehicle until know.

After hearing such cynical remarks from Mr. Migliore I suggested that they check the photos that are taken in the service receiving area. This would prove that my vehicle had no damages upon entering the Dealership. But of course they all claimed that the photos would not show this area. Why would I suggest for them to check the photos if my car entered the Dealership damaged? My first time utilizing this Dealership. I was no where near the vehicle when the photos were taken. How was I to know which areas of the vehicle were photographed? Mr. Migliore was unprofessional and became confrontational. I then went into the dealership, spoke to Mr. James Beban, Representative, and request to speak with the Manager of the Dealership. While Mr. Beban was trying to located Mr. Ralph Fisher, Manager of the Dealership, Mr. Migliore once again approached me in a confrontational manner asking why was I requesting to speak to someone else. I informed Mr. Migliore that I did not appreciate his demeanor and that there was no need to continue our conversation. Mr. Migliore also tried lying by stated that Mr. Beban informed him that I requested to speak with him. Mr. Beban later told me that was a lie, and that what occurred was Mr. Migliore overheard when he stated that I wanted to speak to Mr. Fisher.
At approximately 1:30pm I call Mr. Fishers office and left a message with his secretary. At approximately 3:30pm Mr. Fisher returned my call. After discussing the damages, with no prior investigation of this situation, he stating that he doesnt see how these damages could have occurred at this Dealership. I informed Mr. Fisher that without speculating it could have occurred on the cement blocks located in the service area behind the parking spots in front of the glass facing the Service Advisors. Ultimately, I know for a fact that my vehicle was damaged at this Dealership. With a skeptical demeanor, Mr. Fisher later stated that he would look into this matter and give me a call back in the morning.

On February 24, 2006, I purchased this pre-certified vehicle with 7,190 miles from J & S Auto Haus located at 1765 N. Olden Ave Ewing, NJ 08638. My sales representative Mr. Calvin Haus was outstanding in every meaning of the word. He presented himself in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner at all times. He accommodated me in every and any which way possible to attain my business. Mr. Haus had me convinced that I had been deprived in the past by giving my business to other Auto Dealership Companies. This past experience is contradicting and has me contemplating maybe this was a mistake after all.

I am seeking compensation in the form of my vehicle being repaired and returned to its original state. If this matter is not resolve ASAP, I will begin a civil litigation against Mercedes-Benz and will make it a point to discredit this corporation in every and any way I possible can by publicizing how customers are treated once there business has been attained. I will present proof in the form of a notarized letter from the garage security personal who will stated that this morning at 7:30am prior to the service appointment my vehicle did not have such damages.
I hope that upon serious consideration this matter can be resolved in a civilized manner so that we may be able to move forward and put this behind us as an unfortunate accident. If any further information is required please contact via phone at (786)299-0900.

This vehicle is covered, garaged kept, and since purchased has been operated four times including this trip to the Dealership. I am the only person who drives this vehicle. I am including photos which shows the immaculate condition of this vehicle, except for the damages which occurred at this Dealership.

To your attention,