Lia Honda

Williamsville, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Went to look at a car here in November 2015, but the price was higher than it said online. I told them my price range, they showed me a 2009 SUV and said AND I QUOTE, "We can get it down under 9,000 for you." A few days later we go back to start the buying process, look at the paperwork and the purchase price is near 11,000. They call the sales guy in and he says he never told me that. Actually said to me "You should always make sure you get that in writing." I told him, "No, I'm not buying it unless you drop the price." So after literally hours of waiting, they drop the price twice to be in my price range. THEN comes the harassment about the extended warranty, we end up buying it because it sounds great and they keep my payments low.

Now I have to use the warranty... I'm told on the phone I will get a loaner car while my car is being fixed so no big deal. I go in, wait a few hours for them to NOT fix it because suddenly they realize they can't service my make. (What the...? Why would you sell me a warranty if I can't use it here?) So they send it out to get fixed but I don't get a rental because it's not overnight or some crap. I Sat there ALL DAY. Lost a day of work to sit and wait. Second time, same thing... "Did you order the part?" They say, "No..." There's your job, buddy. I'm sitting around with my 2 small children and after 2 hours they tell me they can't do anything, to bring it back when they get the part. Finally I lost it and demanded a rental. He said, "I didn't know you were supposed to get one" even though I mentioned it when scheduling and when I dropped it off. This is the last place I will EVER purchase from or recommend.

I bought 2015 Pilot from Lia Honda Albany on 8/22/2014. 2nd week I was found water leaking on top. Went back two times fix with photos(as proof). They can't do anything because they don't know where the water come from. 3rd time, I went to New York city. It was rainy day. Honda Bay Ridge servicer told me water is entering from sunroof drain and they fix it. I was very happy with that. On 3/26/2015, I found car leaking again. Went back Lia again. So pissed off. Lia sales manager told me they are not Honda!!! That means you have to call Honda company and they don't care. Also he told me, if i don't like this car, can trade in (make money again). So if I agree with that, I going lose 7-8 thousand dollars for driving leaking car 7 months. I am very tired now. It take me a lot time for fix. Anyone can help? Please. Car still on Lia.

They ran my wife's credit 16 times and lowered her score over 50 points. This is the worst place to buy a car in the country. The sales team should be in jail for what they did. Criminals.

Waited over 2 months to get into dealership and get GAP cancellation paper signed. Received 2 monthly notices from Honda that I should have been reimbursed. Repeatedly called dealership and was put on hold or told I would be called back and only the Finance Manager could help me and never was called back. Finally told to come in to sign paperwork and meet with finance manager. Got there and told I would have to come back another day because he was with a customer even though I just saw him standing there doing nothing. I told them I was not coming back another time and this was to be be taken care of now. Finance managers so nice when you're buying until you are owed money back.

Finally the woman who starts the ball rolling on these came down, gave me a paper. I put my signature she took copy of my payoff letter and it was done in literally 45 seconds. Now why did I get this horrible run around and terrible treatment and brush off by finance manager over a 45 second matter that The receptionist could have handled?? I will not be back when I want to upgrade that is for sure.

I purchased a new 2014 CRV from Lia Honda in Williamsville. When we bought it, we also put a deposit on a Kia Soul that was on their used car lot. My son was looking for a used car at the same time. He was coming home the end of Feb. for a visit. We wanted him to see and drive it to make sure he liked it. When he came home, we went down on the Sat to test drive it. He loved it and the price was great. We bought the car and picked it up on Sun. He took it back to NJ and realized they had put a wrong year inspection sticker on it. They also put the loan in my name when I should have been only the co-signer on it.

To get it registered and everything, I was told he needed to drive it back to NY and get another inspection sticker on it with the correct year. I seriously doubt that an inspection was ever done on the vehicle. However on the last trip home, the oil pan plug came off and drained all the oil out. To make a long story short, we needed a new engine. Lia told us to take it to the Kia dealer in town and have it replaced. Since it wasn't their fault, they refused to deal with us or offer any kind of recompense for the used engine we put in. I tried talking to the service dept manager. He blamed it on the fact that someone must have gotten under the car and loosened it. He was supposed to call the Kia dealer and schedule us for an appt. He never did.

I was left taking care of this by myself. My son needed to get back to NJ for school so he drove my vehicle back while his was being serviced for a new engine. I tried talking to the general manager and he said he would need to look into it. I never received a call from anyone to see what happened with the car. I was told its my problem and don't call us back. I thought of filing a claim with the lemon law but it was 1000 miles over the max. mileage because of the wasted trip home for the replacement of the inspection sticker. I paid for the used engine and got my vehicle back from my son. Completely unfair and unconcerned about any of costs I incurred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lia Honda?

In the first week of June, I went to Lia Honda in Enfield, CT and asked for the gap insurance and the extension warranty services to be canceled. I signed some forms and I was told it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get your refund. I called on the third week of July and was told, "By the end of August, you'll get your refund." I called on the 29th of August and I was told the end of September because they didn't receive anything from the Zurich company. I called Zurich insurance company and I was told the checks were received on the 22nd of August and cashed. When I bought the car from Lia Honda, I was told, "You have to have them," and when I canceled, they started playing games with me. Please help.

I put a $500.00 conditional deposit on a new Civic on August 13th, 2012 with salesman, George and the sales business manager. The condition of the written purchase agreement term was that the sale and refund of my deposit was contingent upon further discussion with my spouse that evening about the agreement with the terms offered. After deciding that evening that we did not want to proceed with the purchase, I notified George as per our agreement. At that time I requested for both him and the general business manager that my deposit be refunded per our written contractual agreement. After some minor harassment they verbally agreed. Now, two weeks later, after several follow-up (and unreturned phone messages), my credit card company is filing a dispute on my behalf. Although my next new car will definitely be a Honda, I will never do business with Lia again and am spreading the word in my wide social network of their shady business dealings. Buyers beware; should you consider purchasing from a Lia dealership.

On 5/7/12, I signed an agreement with Lia Honda to purchase an automobile from them and left a small $20 deposit. Unfortunately, I was unable to complete the transaction. Lo and behold, when I asked for my $20 deposit back, I was told the first time by salesman Joe ** that the deposit was there, but wasn't mailed out yet. He assured me that it would be. One week later, still no deposit return so I called Joe ** again and he assured me it would get to me in three days. Three days later, no deposit returned. I can see a visit to small claims court in my near future. All this fuss for a measly $20 deposit return. Moral of this story: Never trust a used car salesman or even a new car salesman either.

Addendum to my original complaint: First, I never signed the extended warranty contract, and second, I never received the original extended warranty contract for my 2002 Volkswagen Beetle. Third, I assumed the warranty contract was with the Volkswagen manufacturer and not with Lia Honda organization. Also, Lia Honda Dealership stated that they did not have the required diagnostic equipment to assess and repair my 2002 Volkswagen Beetle.

My critical question is, how was this dealership able to place a NYS inspection sticker on my VW automobile when they do not have the required equipment to perform the inspection or repair process? So, my question is, why is Lia Honda selling an automobile and warranty contract that they cannot honor and has to be contracted out to a VW dealership? More human error or just plain disregard and dishonesty when dealing with consumers?

I purchased a 2002 Volkswagen Beetle in August 2010 with 11,079 miles. The dealership did not provide me with a warranty agreement which specifically described the terms of the contract and my warranty coverage. I was told by the salesperson Steven *** and Ryan *** that all my electrical components of the automobile would be fully covered. In February 2011, I had to write the company for my booklet, which specifically described my warranty coverage because I did not receive the booklet from Lia Honda at the time I signed up for the warranty coverage. As a result, I did not know the exact coverage of my automobile warranty coverage.

I also assumed that the warranty was through the Lia Honda corporation and that it would cover all the electrical problems of the car. Otherwise I would not have purchased the car or the extended warranty from Lia Honda. In May 2011 and June 2011, I experienced significant electrical problems with the car (trunk, engine computer problems) and my warranty did not provide any coverage after the sales rep emphatically stated it would, when I purchased the car. Also, they stated they did not have the diagnostic equipment to repair my auto so I was contacted out at my expense to Northtown Volkswagen dealership to repair my car. In May, Lia Honda reimbursed me 75% of the bill but in June 2011 they refused any monetary compensation and stated, "We have to draw the line somewhere" and even suggested I trade in the car for a new Honda. Breakdown of my expenses are: May 25, 2011 - $134.50, and June 22, 2011 - $801.09.

I found a new 2010 Honda Insight EX on Lia Honda of Williamsville web site listed for MSRP $20,374. I went in to see the car and was told that the price was wrong on the internet. The actual price was $22,400. Don, the salesman, told me that the internet price was human error. I check their site again before writing this and the car is still listed for $20,374 and have another Insight EX listed for the same price. Looks like they got human error on 2 cars. Ok, I thought maybe we can still make a deal. They offered me $12,500 for my 2010 Chevy Malibu trade in that had an original sticker price of $24,000. Seemed like an old bait and switch. I also didn't like the trade in value so I walked away and will never return.

After several weeks of looking, my husband and I found a 2006 Honda Element on the Lia Honda website for $11,900 and we were interested in buying. I requested an internet quote and was put in contact with a salesman at their Schenectady store ("MJ") who was very positive and professional. He said the car was in the Lia Auto Lot in Williamsville, but that shipping it out would be no problem, also, we could have the car by Monday. I gave him my driver's license number, insurance information and a $200 deposit in order to secure the shipping to the Schenectady Dealer. The time that the deposit was made on my credit card was 3:00 pm on Thursday afternoon (7/22/10). On Friday (7/23/10) at 1:00 pm, I went to the Schenectady Lia Auto plaza to sit down with MJ and figure out the final numbers for financing and I was shocked to find out that the car was already sold "that morning" and was "paid for with a credit card".

They kept me waiting for over an hour while they apparently tried to figure out what happened and then they tried to sell me a 2006 Honda Element that was sitting on their lot that had almost 40K more miles and the lowest price that they could do was $14,800. Bait and switch, big time. The entire experience reeked of dishonesty. On Thursday, everyone we talked to remarked about what a good deal this car was. Low mileage, low price. My husband called the Williamsville dealership to find out why the price was so low and they confirmed that the car was indeed $11,900 and that there was nothing wrong with the car. They said they were a volume dealership and that's why the price was so low.

Then on Friday, the Albany salesman said that the original car had been mistakenly priced at $11,900 (it was a 2 wheel drive vehicle with only 27K miles on it) and that they were supposed to have listed it for $13,900. Huh? This wasn't mentioned last Thursday by anyone, but it was listed on the internet for $11,900 so isn't there something that says they have to honor that?

Then, in another conversation around 1:30 pm Thursday with the salesman, Kyle, in Williamsville, he indicated that they would not be able to ship it to Schenectady and asked if I be interested in one of the cars on the Schenectady lot. I said, "no" ,but that I was willing to drive to Williamsville over the weekend, so he was going to have the sales manager, Mark **, contact me to set up an appointment. It wasn't even an hour later that the Albany salesman, MJ, called and told me that the car could be shipped to their location and I gave them the deposit and the information that they needed to make this happen. Makes you wonder. Again, if you put a deposit down on a car, doesn't that mean that they can't sell it out from under you?

All in all, I spent almost an entire day (Thursday) on the phone and the internet exchanging information with the dealership(s) and then I drove 75 miles (one way) to go to the dealership in Schenectady to meet with MJ and get the final numbers for the financing. I walked away feeling that they had either (1)pulled the car from the market so that they could increase the price later, if indeed it had been a mistake to list it at $11,900; or (2) that the dealerships were doing the classic bait and switch and the other car was a lure and I was now the target of opportunity.

Do I believe that the car was sold that morning? No. If everyone had done their job, professionally, then it would not have been possible to sell that car on Friday. The whole experience was very unprofessional and leaves lots of room to question the honesty of these used car salesmen. I would not recommend buying a car from this auto group.

We requested an internet quote for a Honda Odyssey from Lia Honda. The quote was $3,400 below MSRP. We emailed to confirm this was the price, with no other hidden costs, and they confirmed it was correct. We went to buy the car, and the manager would not sell it to us for that price. They claimed it was the fault of the internet salesperson, not them. They told us we could have it for $2,000 more than the quote.

We called the internet sales manager, and he claimed "human error". I asked if they could accept responsibility for their mistake by offering something else off the price (I told him I was not asking for thousands, just "something" since we drove 40 minutes to buy the car). He called the manager of Lia Honda, and said the only thing he could do was throw in some oil changes (and then said "I know that doesn't help you much since you are 40 minutes away").

He also claimed that he called Ray Laks Honda, a dealership near us, and said the absolute lowest they would go on this car was $30,200. He was offering $29,571. Later that day, we went to Ray Laks Honda, and bought the same car with a different color, for $29,900. The salesperson at Ray Laks said there wasn't a call from an internet sales manager that entire day. The bait and switch tactic and lies are ridiculous with these people. We wasted way too much time with Lia Honda (driving there and back, on the phone, etc).

Lia Honda Company Profile