Lexus of Manhattan

New York, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To be as quick as possible, I was lied to over and over. I brought my car in after slow tire leak. I was told, tires always leak just put air in. I was told they checked tire. LIE! After 3rd visit I demanded them to inspect tire. I had to get loud. AS I knew, there was a leak in seal. 2nd Issue -- I had warranty for Rim damage. I was told any damage to rim will be covered. After returning car with small dent in rim, I was told tire only covered if there was a leak due to rim damage. LIE! Cost to me... close to $600. 3rd issue -- I lost key and was told $250 to replace. After I returned car, price was now 375 for key. ANOTHER LIE. Not enough room to list all of them.

In September of 2009, we purchase a 2004 Rx 330 certified pre-owned SUV from Lexus of Manhattan. In addition, we purchased an extended warranty for either 4 years or 100,000miles. Every time we brought the car in for service or repair, we were told that our car's warranty is not in the system. After any hours on hold waiting on the phone btwn the dealership, Lexus corporate and the Lexus extended warranty department we discovered that out car was never eligible for certification and thus could not been warrantied. When we approached the dealership with this information, we got ignored and then offered $200 for compensation (we paid over $4000 for the "certification" and warranty). Being that I am busy medical resident and now a fellow, I have little time and funds at the moment and therefore couldn't retrieve my lost funds. I want to warn any consumer out there of this dealership and its fraudulent activity!

After waiting for a month for Lexus of Manhattan to fix my center console it is still not fixed as of today. I was told by Mr. Carmine P/Service Director that the wrong part was ordered and the cup holder was changed instead. I am not satisfied with the service provided at all. My check engine light was resolved and I assumed they changed the carhcole canister as they stated.

A for my experience with Lexus...well lets just say it was not good. Some personal items were missing from my loaner vehicle including the sum of $450 cash upon returning the vehicle. This type of disrespect I got from Lexus was very unexpected and totally discourage dme from having any dealing with the Lexus of Manhattan dealership.

I clearly stated when I got there to Mr. Carmine P. that the loaner was filled with some personal items and I would prefer no one to get in until I offload my belongings. He stated to me that he is the service director and he will be the only one moving the vehicle, so he took the keys. To make a long story short, a few CD's and the sum of $450 cash was missing from the loaner vehicle and Mr. Carmine P. basically told me that he is not responsible for anything in the vehicle. An incident report was filed with the NYPD.

I leased my vehicle from lexus of manhattan 36 months ago, I went this past saturday 02/14/2009 to return the vehicle I had lease from them and they would not take the vehicle back. I live about 38 miles away from that dealership, so doing the right thing returning the vehicle to where I got it from I thought would be the right thing to do. Unfortunatly that was not the case, they told me I have to make a request and an apointment to return the vehicle back, so I asked to see a supervisor and got the same answer from the supervisor as well, plus he added its a saturday no one would take the vehicle back on a saturday.

So I walked out of the place and started to make a few phone calls to find out if anyone else would take the vehicle back and to me every dealer I called said, of course stop by anytime and you can return your vehicle. So I went to the nearest Lexus dealer near my home and returned the vehicle without any questions asked. No damages were caused because of this, I was just very anoyed at Lexus of manhattan and the staff with supervisor the way I was treated. Thank you

We brought our 2003 Lexus RX in for service because the ac had stopped working. FOUR MONTHS later, they have given back the car 3 times, each time claiming it is fixed. Each time, they screwed up something worse -- now we have constant leakage under and into the floormats on the front seats. They have totally ruined our car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus of Manhattan?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I purchased a vehicle from Lexus of Manhattan with bumper to bumper warranty. The vehicle has a faulty door. The hinges on the door broke and the door dropped which also damaged the fender on the driver side. When I brought the vehicle back to the dealership they did not want to correct the issue. The damage to the door was not of my doing. When I purchased the vehicle they told me that everything on the vehicle is covered by the warranty. When I spoke to the Sales Manager (Micheal A. Pecorella) and the Service Manager they were very unprofessional and uncompassionate with my situation, and expressed to me that it was basically not their problem. If I wanted any action to be taken I would have to pay for it.

Lexus of Manhattan Company Profile