Legend Nissan

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a very similar situation at Legend Nissan as one of the other posts. The free iPad offered me was not given to me as a result of a negative comment I made on the Nissan survey. Management would not respond to my phone calls regarding this. After leasing three cars from this dealership I feel I should not have been treated this way. It seems this is a pattern with this company so I suggest caution to anyone planning to deal with them.

An interesting thing happened with my parents at Legend Nissan in Syosset. They leased a car and were sent home with the wrong model (a lesser model). My mom got to the dealership at 9:45 the next morning to talk to them about the discrepancy. She met with the manager and salesperson who tried to tell her this was the car she contracted for and she was being charged for the lesser model. After going back and forth (and telling them that her son was a lawyer and her daughter a tiger), the salesperson graciously offered to pay the difference. There should have been no difference as the car she was contracted for was supposed to have a moon roof and the one they sent her home with did not. They kept her there until 3:15 (perhaps hoping that she would give up and leave?). Did they do this because she is a senior citizen and they thought they could get away with it?

Agreed upon a good deal with the dealer for buying a pre-owned certified car. Gave a deposit amount 1000$ as an advance and to hold the car for a week as I have to get finance/check approved by my bank. Finally got the check and went in to the dealer to buy out the car. Here comes the twist, dealer flipped the coin and says that he has agreed upon the rate only when I finance at his bank. This was never told to me by the sales associate at the time of the deal. PS: I had to travel 3hrs directly from my work location to the dealer and paid almost 150$ for toll (NJ to NY). The dealer doesn't even have the courtesy to offer a good customer service.

Customer DMS **, Michael **, **. As Michael's father, I need to speak with someone and issue a formal complaint about the treatment my son received by the manager, Adam (WHO REFUSED TO GIVE ME HIS LAST NAME) from Legend Nissan, and a very misleading letter that he had received from the dealership. My son's intention was to terminate the present lease (he has leased 2 cars previously from Legend) and transfer into another Nissan Maxima based upon our understanding of the terms specified in the letter from the dealership. Unfortunately, the dealership and the customer have a very different interpretation of the letter and the terms specified. I would appreciate a response to this letter. I am furious by the lack of professionalism demonstrated by the letter and the conduct of the manager.

I leased a second vehicle from Legend Nissan in April of last year. They were mailing me promotional literature and I decided to sign a new 3 year lease from them. The promotion they were running was for an iPad mini, TV or a Kindle. I was promised that the iPad would be on the seat of my new Rogue. It wasn't and I shouldn't have left without it. I contacted the sales department no less than 8 times and I have been the recipient of a runaround ever since. To top it off, they were more interested in my Nissan survey which they requested the top rating available. I felt as if my promotional iPad was being held hostage for their survey. I made one additional attempt to resolve the matter by faxing the sales manager this morning and I have had no response. The conduct of the sales department at Legend Nissan is baffling, especially since this is my second lease with this dealership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Legend Nissan?

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Rouge from Legend Nissan. The Salesperson (Bryant) was very helpful, friendly, courteous & professional. BUT CAUTION!!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!! After negotiating what I felt was my best deal and it approved by the sales manager, I came to pick up my new car. I had to deal with the FINANCE MANAGER. That is where YOU MUST BE CAREFUL! The deal changed. The contract was already printed with an extended service plan. I was told that my Navigation and stereo was not covered with my warranty and if I did not buy the plan and if something went wrong with the Navigation, I would be stuck. I found out after the fact that he lied to me. He also said if I decided that if I didn't want the extended warranty that I could cancel it. This was true, but he neglected to tell me that there was a service charge to cancel the extended warranty. In the end it now cost me $25.00 more a month than the original price that I negotiated. Don't sign on the dotted line until you read everything. I didn't do that and now I am screwed. YOU ARE BETTER OFF STEERING CLEAR OF LEGEND NISSAN. Go to any other NISSAN dealer!

Upon entering the dealership, I was approached by an inexperienced salesman who every time I asked him a question had to ask his sales manager. Thus an ordinary trip of approximately 20 minutes turns into 40 minutes. We strike a deal for $189.00 a month for the desired car and the sales manager sends the wrong model car to service for inspection and then told me he never quoted us the charge of $189 but it is now $250. Sales Manager also said that I would not have to see a Finance Dept as he has none only to find out that he does indeed have one. Between all the back and forth he said - they said - and what was truly actually said, I walked out without a vehicle. I have bought and leased many many vehicles over my 40 years of driving and never went through this. The dealership kept trying to cover themselves by recanting what they actually told us. I wish I had this videoed and recorded!

I walked into the dealership and was greeted by a lady named Fabian. I asked her to test drive the car I was looking for. She had no clue about anything about the car or where it was. So, instead of getting me the keys to the car, she basically rolled her eyes and asked a younger person to find the car for her and pull it up. During this whole time, she didn't talk to me or my wife and just stood there waiting. After the younger one got the car, she told her, "Okay, now you drive them" and walked away.

After returning to the dealership, she now wanted to negotiate with us on a car she knew nothing about. So we decided to ask to work with someone else. She left to talk to her manager and didn't realize we could hear her. Let's just say she's rude and the dealership is very dirty. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to buy a Nissan.

My mother was looking for a great pre-owned vehicle as her last one was totaled out by a Jeep Cherokee that rear-ended her 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. Well anyways, we looked for a few weeks and ran across this 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that Legend Nissan had advertised on the internet for $6,000. We both went, “Wow, that is a pretty good deal.” They had the Carfax posted online which showed it was a one owner with 21,917 miles on the odometer. So we decided to give them a ring and a guy named Michael ** picked up the phone. He told me they still had the car and like any good consumer, I tried to negotiate them down lower for my mom. Well, we finally agreed on a price of $6,500 with me paying most of the shipping. I was told not just by Michael but Cristine that the car was perfect and needed nothing.

Buying a car with a hair under 22,000 miles on it, I did not doubt it. So after a day of thinking about it, I called them back and decided we were going to buy it. I however wanted a guarantee of some sorts that the car was mechanically sound. They said, "Okay, we will sell you the vehicle with a New York State Inspection." I looked this up on the internet to see what was checked under New York law and said they pretty much check everything over and felt comfortable to agreeing to those terms. So the next day, 1/23/13, we went to the credit union as they have a fax machine to get a check. I called the dealership several times after 9am trying to get a hold of them and nobody picked up. We said to ourselves maybe they are closed or the power went out? So anyways, we decided to get the cashier's check and mail it to them.

Finally at around 12:30 EST, I gave them a ring back and Cristine picked up. I told her, "I tried reaching you guys from 9am - 9:40am and nobody picked up." She said she has been there since 9am. So anyways, we agreed to fax the paperwork back and forth the next day. So I called them on 1/24 and said my mom and I would be at the credit union at 4pm to do the paperwork. So after faxing the paperwork back and forth, I thought everything was all good. I was told that is all they needed and we left the credit union. Well, about half hour or so later, I get a call from Michael saying they needed our initials on a couple spots on the buyer order and if I didn't get it initialed, they had two interested buyers on the car and it would be sold out from underneath me. I was like wow, really? So mom and I drove through a snowstorm to Staples and took the paperwork with us that was initialed to fax them back. One of the things she initialed was the New York State Inspection that the car was supposedly sold with and they would not be able to ship the car until the check cleared.

So the following week, a couple days went by and I heard nothing from them. I dropped them an email asking if the check cleared and heard nothing back. Finally the next day, I think it was a Thursday, I was told the check hadn't cleared yet. I emailed them everyday asking and finally the next week early February, the check cleared and they were going to make shipping arrangements. They said I would have it here on Tuesday. So to make a long story shorter, Tuesday rolled around and I got a call saying due to the snowstorm, my car would not be delivered. I asked where my car might be. They told me they didn't know. I personally believe it never left the dealership and found out later from the shipper he hadn't even picked it up yet. So they were lying to me about that. They also told me they would make contact with me and didn't when the car would be here.

So frustrated beyond belief with how huge of a hassle I was getting all the phone calls and emails exchanged chalked this up to the worst buying experience ever. But it gets much worse! The car was finally delivered on 2/8/13 in a snowstorm and the car is anything but perfect. The first thing I noticed as four bald tires and an ABS light that was on. The car had an aftermarket Magnaflow exhaust system but was a lot louder than I thought was normal. The driver's seat was very worn but the rest of the interior seemed pretty mint. The body was in good shape but did have some paint flaws like stone chips on the black trim and the bumper had some touch up work done to it. I also noticed underneath the spoiler a small chunk of paint was missing. So I tried the sound system out and I get no sound. It was an aftermarket Kenwood receiver and chalked it up that I must be doing something wrong.

So I waited for my brother and his friend to take a look at it and they could not get it to work. I recall looking in the trunk a few days before and saw wires hanging down but thought they just went to a sub box. Well, our family friend who does music said, "Your sound system is disconnected and probably will need some major wiring work." I was like, “Great! What else could be wrong?” I sent Cristine an email and told her the car is far from perfect and thought they should compensate me for these unforeseen repairs. I asked her, "Why would you lie to me this bad and tell me the car was perfect and needed nothing when I already know it is going to need 4 new tires and I have an ABS light on that I can't get rid of?" She told me it might just be the cold. I emailed the pre-owned used car manager Cross and he emailed me back saying the car was sold as is.

I said, "That is true but I have on the buyer's order the car passed New York State Inspection which isn't true and you lied to me. What are you going to do to make this right? You have 5 business days and today is the 5th business day and I've heard nothing back." So anyways, the next week, I took the car to my oil and fluid shop here in Wyoming, MI and they told me the car has a quart too much oil and if I didn't get it drained, the seals could be blown. They at the time could not drain it as they were closing but could not believe a dealership would be so incompetent that they would put a quart too much in it. I said they must have changed it as it is not that dirty. The oil life reads 97% and it was light brown color. So the next afternoon, I already had a tire appointment scheduled at Berger Chevrolet and asked my friend Mark when they had the car on the hoist if they could drain a quart of oil out of it. He said no problem.

So he came to me later and told me I have three cracked lug nuts on the wheels and five lug nuts missing. He said I am honestly lucky the wheels did not come off while I was driving the car. I was like wow! He said, "Didn't you say this car was state inspected?" I went, "Supposedly." He said there is absolutely no way this car could have passed a state inspection. He said, "Come with me," and I was like, “What?” He said, "We have your car on a hoist and I want to show you the soft ball size hole in your exhaust." I was like OMG! So I went with him and yes, a softball size hole was indeed there and was pretty corroded. He said this alone would not pass an emissions inspection. I said I would have my other mechanic repair that also. He said the front headlamp bulb is out and a rear tail lamp bulb is out as well as your fog lamps do not work as well.

So I got in contact with my buddy Rob who is a backyard mechanic who can tear a car apart and put it back together again and told him everything that was going on. I took the car to him and after 25 hours of rewiring and making repairs on the car, he said, "Your ABS Control Module is what is keeping the light on. I had my buddy come over with his expensive scanner and that is what is keeping the light on. It is shot and if we got one from a dealership, it would run you about $1500 for the part and installation. Check online for what they cost." So I did and they are about $800 for the part. I have already stuck $600 into it for new tires and lug nuts, $400 in rewiring the electrical system which got my driver information system back working, fog lamps working, new headlamp bulbs, and rear tail lamp bulb, and a sound system that works.

As I'm writing this, I will have to pay for the ABS control module and a new exhaust pipe as well. My future costs will be re painting the trunk and trim, new driver’s seat, for a total of around $9,500 or so in the car. So I will have around $3,000 of unforeseen repairs in a car that was supposedly perfect. I am beyond angry and do not want anyone to make the same mistake as I did. Do not buy a car you have not driven or had your mechanic look at first. Do not buy out of state as your recourse options are limited. Do not support liars and scam artists like Legend Nissan because the deal they are giving you is too good to be true!

When I bought the car, they promised a certain price. By the time I was done, I was way over what I wanted to pay. They gave me a longer loan than I wanted. I can tell you that I hate my car. I have had nothing but problems. Every time I bring in my car, there is something else wrong with it. When I told them there was something wrong, they told me that there was nothing wrong. I have so far gone through a radio/speaker, tranny, axles, and head gaskets. And now I brought it home today and the front end makes noise. I just wish they would take my car back and let me walk away from it. I will never buy another Nissan again!

I had visited Legend Nissan on February 26, 2012 to inquire about a 2011 Nissan Maxima for sale. I had seen an advertisement in Newsday for a 2011 Nissan Maxima for $22,500. After inquiring about this vehicle, I was informed by the salesman, Tyrone **, that there was one left. I inspected the car and then continued to talk through the pricing of the vehicle. Tyrone mentioned that the vehicle was on sale for $23,999 and Nissan was offering an additional rebate of $2500. He quickly wrote down the prices, rebates, and taxes. In addition, he offered me $1,000 for my 2000 Nissan Altima for trade in. I mentioned that this was not even close to the fair market value for my vehicle. He came back with a price of $1,850. After looking over at the numbers, I asked a few questions and came to the realization that the sale price of the 2011 Nissan Maxima was actually $26,499. Tyrone did not once mention this price. He was very clever by including the additional Nissan rebate into the price of the car. I only found this out after asking him several questions about the numbers.

After a few minutes, Tyrone brought over the general manager of the dealership to speak with me. I mentioned to him that I was getting married and that I'd need to speak with my fiancé first. The finance manager told me that I'd have to leave $100 deposit in order for them to keep the vehicle. He reiterated that he has no intention to keep my money. It was just so nobody else purchased the vehicle today. In addition, Tyrone mentioned that I'd have to fill out a credit application but he would not run it. I asked him twice to make sure he will not it run until I call him back later that day. He confirmed that he would not run it and wrote in capital letters on top of the form to not run until I give the go ahead. After some more arm twisting, I agreed to leave $100 on my credit card.

I left the dealership and reviewed the numbers with my fiancé. My fiancé and I agreed it was over our budget because we still have some outstanding wedding expenses. I quickly called Tyrone to let him know the news. He gave the phone to the finance manager to speak with me. I explained to the fiancé manager that I was not able to afford the vehicle and requested to get my $100 deposit refunded. He said it would be processed that day.

The following day, I received an alert that there were 2 hard credit inquiries on February 27, 2012 from CREDCO IMS and COAF. These were both processed from Legend Nissan. These were the credit inquiries that I told Tyrone ** not to process. In addition, I contacted American Express and I still have not been refunded my $100 deposit. I am looking to purchase a new Nissan vehicle soon, but I will never step foot into Legend Nissan again. Please warn anyone from getting into the situation that I was deceived into.

Bait and switch is the oldest trick in the book! I saw a used car advertised online for a reasonable price, fully loaded and with very low mileage. I called the dealer and inquire if the car is still for sale. I spoke with Samantha who confirmed it was there and then she immediately followed up by saying when I could come in to take a look at it. I agreed to come in the next day and I told her I would take the LIRR since I currently didn't have a car. The next day, I decided to confirm that someone would meet me at the nearest train stop and drive over to the dealer. Again, I spoke to Samantha who said the car was there waiting for me and that someone would meet me. Half an hour later, she called me back and told me that the car I was traveling 2 hours to see was being delivered to another buyer.

I was completely shocked since I made all these plans to come see the car and it was not even for sale. She then went into a sales pitch for another car that had less options, more mileage and a higher price. One week later and I still see that very same car listed online, luring in innocent buyers. This is a horrible and unethical dealership.

This afternoon, I went to Legend Nissan to return my vehicle at the end of my lease. I was told by corporate that I could drop off my car to any Nissan dealership without a problem. My parents and I waited a good 10 minutes before someone attempted to help us. When we told the salesperson we were returning our vehicle, he said we couldn't and we needed an appointment. I told him what corporate said only to have him walk away. Little did I know, he was going to get a higher manager, Nick W.

Mr. W approached and asked what the problem was. When we explained, he got nasty and walked away. Of course, we said to ourselves, "What a jerk." Here's where it gets interesting. Mr. W then turns around and says, "What did you just say? I'll embarrass you in front of your family. I'll embarrass you in front of your family, you don't know." He said this to my 60-year old father. I felt physically threatened and when I told Mr. W I would call corporate, he told me to "go ahead" and that he "didn't care." I have never in my life felt threatened by a car dealership. I am truly surprised this place is still in business.

I test drove a used car, a 2005 Kia Sorento here at Legend Nissan in Syosset, L.I., on the evening of Jan18. I told the salesman (Paul D.) that the front left brake had a warped rotor and brake pulsing, among other items that I found needed repair. Shortly thereafter, I made an appointment to see the car and check the repairs.

When we (my wife and I) went there on Jan.23, Vincent G. greeted us. I asked him if I could test drive the car to check the repair, he told me to "come back with the check for the balance, and you can drive it". He then told me to wait for the salesman, Paul D. After approximately 20 minutes, the salesman told us he wouldn't let me test drive the car, telling me to first bring the check for the balance. I then asked him if I could look at the car at least, because it was now daylight. He told me ok and to leave the keys on his desk when I was done.

I found the right front window switch inoperative from the driver's seat, the transmission fluid smelled of being severely burned, two dents in the rear door, (SUV) and extensive rust on the frame and undercarriage (so much rust that the frame on the right side rear rail was rotted through). Something I would never see at night. I immediately thought this was a "flood" car. There was also a clicking sound (relay or sensor) at idle in the engine compartment. I left the keys and a note indicating the above. My wish now is not to buy this car.

I called the salesman the next day, and told Vincent (who answered) I no longer wanted the car. He said he would put Paul on the phone. After a considerable hold time, the receptionist came on the phone. She said, after a long wait time, that Paul was with a customer, and would I leave a message. I did, asking for him to call me back. He never called back. When I called him numerous times, there was no answer, so I left messages. He called me when I was indisposed, and when I returned the call, he didn't answer (Cell phone or business phone). On 2/3/10, I called a manager named Nick and explained. He said he would talk to Paul. I am waiting for a call back as of now. I want to stress that there is no way I will buy a car from some company that seems to practice unscrupulous methods just to get a sale. The dealer refuses to give me back my $500 deposit. I am not buying this car, especially from them.

I bought a 2009 nissan Rogue in July 09. Price was good and I knew the owner's daughter. So why would I think there would be a problem. But There s a big problem. After receiving my first loan payment bill notice that it was a lot more then what the paper I signed was for. contacted the bank I financed through, and asked them to send me exactly why and what my payments should be.

When asked for the copy of the paperwork found out the total was for 10,000.00 more then the car was. Been trying to get this matter straighten out since then and all I get is the run around. Monthly payment more then what was outlined at signing

The same situation that happened to Meri of Lynbrook, NY. The signature were forged and it has been months and they still have not paid us the balance. They do bad business and are completely dishonest people! Would definitely not recommend anybody to do business with them!

I purchased a used 2006 Nissan Altima in June 2009. I dealt with the finance manager Chris D.. He assured me I was getting a great deal. A month later, when my payments began I ended up paying twice as much than promised. I contacted the bank I financed through, and asked them to send me exactly why and what my payments should be.

I received the paperwork and I was appalled. As it turned out, not only was my signature forged, but the paper work the bank presented me was nothing that Chris showed me. I am still fighting and try to get an explanation. Chris is no longer employed at Legend Nissan, but yet I still have a huge bill lingering over my head.

I would never recommend this dealership to even my worst enemy. In the past 5 months I have gotten no resolution, no answers and just he runaround. I have called numerous times just to have my calls ignored. When I actually speak to someone, they tell me to come in and when I arrive they conveniently have "left for the day." Even the general manager, Bob K. has done nothing but lie to me.

The lack of customer service and support is disgusting. Having to dish out the money (I do not even have) sickens me. NEVER BUY A CAR HERE. I have spoken to a lawyer which resulted in bills. I have wasted man hours in research and trying to find resolve. I have done every thing I could just to get nothing in return. Besides the money, it is myself and a feeling of being a pawn. I entrusted myself in this dealership, only to be taken advantage of.

I traded in my older Altima, because we needed two cars. They Leased me a newer Altime and a used Xterra.
Also the wanted me to sign blank paperwork, and assured me all will be as the sales people stated.
Two months later I got the first bill, for hundreds more than the prices agreed to.
I and the NY State Attorney General have been after them ever since.

I hope that this complaint will prevent at least one person from buying anything there.

When I bought the 2009 Nissan Rouge on 8/10/2009,and when the time came to sign (Paper Work) and before they give me the (Bill of Sale) which I never get it till today as they promise me,at any rate they make me sign a blank form one of them was for extra warranty (48 Months/4 Years) and the other one was (Etch Discount) the first form was for the amount of $1,850.00 and the second one was for $1,275.00 total of $3,125.00 plus tax of $277.34.

I found out these extra charges when I received the (Chase Auto Loan) instead of $8,000.00 which I owed to become $11,402.34,soon I received the statement I went to their office and complain then they promise me that I will get full refund plus taxes, they did give me only on the warrenty $1,850.00 (Without the Tax) and untill today I never recived the (Etch) money $1,275.00,

please help me out to get this refund it's about (2) months and I did not get the refund. I know from the (Channel 5 News)that was a lot of customers was fool like me. Need my money back with the taxes which they charged me for.

I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of the government CARS program. But when I went in to pick up my new car, the deal had changed. It's not much, but from where I come from, a deal is a deal. The issue is the scrap amount of my clunker. The program states that the buyer must be made aware of the scrap value and it's a part of the deal. Well, I was given an original invoice with the scrap value at $300. When I went to pick up my car, it changed to $50. It's not significant, but it's still a dirty deal.

I told the finance manager I didn't like the explanation that they were "farming out the scrap business and all I get is $50". The owner then came over and said if I didn't like it, I can take a walk and leave the deal on the table. That is abuse and misrepresentation. He knew he has me over a barrel, because I'm not going to lose the $4500 that the government is giving. There's no money out of his pocket at all. What the arrogant owner doesn't realize is that he's making a windfall as well and it doesn't cost him anything. I feel that I was taken advantage of and probably wouldn't buy another car from that dealer again.

I also left the financing up to them also. I even told them the name of my credit union, and they said they would take care of everything to get me the best rate. It's not true. They simply went with their bank, and it cost me 2.5% more than I would have at the credit union.

I had a terrible and awful experience purchasing a used car from this dealer. The worst service I have ever received. I knew something was going wrong when they told me the truck would be ready in an hour and it took 3, with my 8 months pregnant wife with me. The general manager acts like he's the "Don" of sleazy car dealers and the rookie that sold me my truck never should have gotten my business. This is the punishment I deserve for using a bunch of sketchy strangers by trying to help out a young guy. Prior to this review, I left a message with the general manager "Nick" and never received a call back.

I wanted to let you know that as a matter of fact I do have someone interested in leasing a new car. My Aunt is shopping around for a car and one of choices is the new Nissan Maxima or Altima. However, I would not recommend her to lease a car from Legend Nissan if it were the last car company on Long Island! My Salesman at the time prior to you was Chris **. I’m sure you will remember that apparently, Chris walked out of the showroom shortly after an argument and never returned. I was given this information by the receptionist when I came in to pick up my car. The reason I leased a second car from Legend Nissan was because Chris had noted that my excess mileage would be taken care of since I was a repeat customer. I turned over my old car to pick up the new car and nothing at all was mentioned and of course I assumed everything was taken care of.

Several months later, I was surprised to receive a bill for the excess mileage. I called numerous times, and never received any return phone calls. I sent a letter as well and finally received a phone call only to hear that it was not Legend Nissan's problem! The fact that Chris had an argument and left the showroom (taking all his paperwork); I should not be held responsible for your salesperson’s deceitful actions! I went through hell for months trying to straighten this out and it was sent in to collection now reflecting poorly on my good credit rating. I am absolutely furious! I filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau as well as Consumer Affairs! AFTER LEASING TWO CARS FROM YOUR COMPANY, I WOULD NEVER EVER LEASE ANOTHER CAR FROM LEGEND NISSAN AGAIN!!!

Hi, I went to legend Nissan the beginning of September. I was looking at a car and when I liked a car I told the salesman I liked it and just wanted to see how much the insurance would be. He said that's fine and told me I MUST leave a $500 deposit and ill get it back if I didn't want the car. The next day I found the insurance was too much and I didn't want the car. So I went there to get my check back. He told me its already deposited but it will be credited back into my account in 7 days. 7 days past, and I called him, no answer, I left 2 voicemails he never called back. I spoke to the general manager and she said it takes 14 days not 7. So I waited and I still don't have a check. They don't answer their phone and keep ignoring my messages. Till this day 10/2/08, I don't have a check or credit on my account. Keep in mind my check cleared the day after I gave it to him, so they cant be waiting on it to clear.

I have leased a new Nissan Altima 2.5S, 2007 from Legend Nissan on September 28, 2007. That is the time from when all my problems have started. The car should have been registered under my name and the first mistake that Legend Nissan made was that they registered it under my sons name. I found that out only when I received the registration from DMV.

I promptly called Legend and pointed out the mistake, instead of feeling sorry for their mistake they gave me a big run around. I personally went to Legend and met the Manager Mr Bob , he said that he had to look into the matter and would then let me know whats going on. I called him several times in the last week of October but to no avail.

Finally I was informed by the sales representative that the problem has been fixed and that I would receive the new registration in a couple of days. I did not receive the registration until the first week of November 2007 and hence I again called Legend Nissan. The sales representative later called and left a message with my son on 12th Nov 2007 that the registration had come in and I could come and pick it up. I am a physician, working in the hospital and am out of the house from 7 AM until night 10-11 PM, so I asked my wife to collect it for me. She could not go the very next day and went a day later on 14th Nov 2007.

The lady who looks after the DMV Registration at Legend Nissan could not find it and she went on the desk of the salesman who was attending another customer. On being asked about the registration he said since no one came on Tuesday he had already mailed it. My wife said Sir if you had mailed it you should have at least called and informed that you were mailing it and I would have saved a trip? His answer was You should have called it is your registration not mine I dont have so much time?. The registration did not reach us until December 23rd 2007. The mail took 40 days to reach us.

I had called Nissan head office earlier on Nov 20, 2007 and made a complaint against Legend Nissan but unfortunately no one has taken any action.

My wife recently had taken the car to Habberstad Nissan for servicing and to get the problem with the music system fixed. When the representative was writing up the problems in the car and wrote the License plate # that is the time when we realized that the License Plate # on the registration and the actual License plate # were different. They were off by 1 digit. (I have not mentioned the Lic Plate # for privacy reasons).

Immediately my wife went to DMV to get it straightened out. The supervisor at the DMV asked her to come back with the license plates so that they could take the incorrect ones and replace it with new ones but in the same tone she informed her that both the license plates were issued to Legend Nissan and that Legend Nissan have made a mistake by switching the license plates with another car and that if we could call them and ask them to fix it the problem would be solved.

My wife called Legend Nissan tried her best to get it resolved. She spent a lot of time and effort, left several messages for the lady who deals with the DMV and registration but no one called us back. As a matter of fact the person in service at Habberstad Nissan also tried calling the lady at Legend Nissan, left messages but she did not return his call. The name of the person who called from Habberstad Nissan is Guss.

After having wasted all of Wednesday March5,2008 trying to contact Legend Nissan my wife went back to DMV on Thursday. DMV staff after doing a thorough investigation found that Legend Nissan had made a lot of mistakes. The registration which was first under my sons name had been fixed to my name but my date of birth and my driver license # were wrong. The license plate # mentioned on the registration was correct but the license plates actually given to me with the car were incorrect so they sent my wife back and said that they could not do anything and that Legend Nissan needed to fix the mess.

My wife called Legend Nissan again. This time she spoke to the manager Mr Bob who was very arrogant and he said that I cannot do any thing until Monday 10th of March 2008, what if you have killed someone with these license plates?. She requested him to help her but he was very blunt and refused to accept their fault instead he said that he needed time to investigate. My wife had to travel out of town, she informed him of the same but he said if the cops stop you just take his name and tell them Bob is investigating.

She went to the 2nd Pct to find out what she could do since she was going to travel outside the town. The officer said that it was not right to drive a car with an incorrect License Plate #.

We had to unnecessarily spend money for her to fly and rent a car thereafter, moreover the inconvenience experienced was immense and not called for. It has been 15 days since the mistake was pointed out to Mr Bob of Legend Nissan. No action has been taken. I had leased the car to use it to travel to work, however since I was advised by the police not to drive a car with a wrong license plate, my car has since been parked and I have been forced to take a cab to work.

I brought a 2007 Murano on 07277 I took back to the dealer 08137 stating rool a mess and wheel marks all over the car stains on roof and pitting. They detail the car and replace the roof rack on a new car. I pick the car up about three days later and car look on ok.But had bring the back after washing the car you see wheel mark and fade it paint.So then P file a claim with the national corp of Nissan they sent one out to take pictures of the car and deny the claim.Also I to take care back on 0957 and 09217 beacaue I was having problems with the breaks. They had to cut the rotors in back and front of car. This is brand new and I'm so many issue.

The paint is still a mess on the car please help. not Happy!!!!!

bought a used car on 2/25/07 with 12,222 miles on it ,on 3/25/07 the car stalled out and i reported to the infiniti roadside assistance..Car was towed and dealership told me i needed a new engine..I asked why it was not a warranty matter and they told me i didnt have maintenance records so the warranty didnt cover the issue...Legend nissan told me they serviced the car prior to being sold, also told me the car had full warranty. Please help this is the second infiniti g35 coupe i've owned and they both had relating problems.

the dealership told me that the cam and crank sensor are on. The engine makes alot of mettalic noises. NEED NEW ENGINE

estimate for damage is $13,230

Bait and switch. They agreed on price for a certain suv, took my deposit and 2 days later told me I had purchased I different model. I told them they were wrong, that there was no question of which model I purchased(the salesman even gave me a copy of the window sticker on the same model we agreed on with a few agreed upon modifications).
Finally they told me they made a mistake and refused to give me the car. They said they would refund ny deposit and I am still waiting for it to be retuned to me. The problem is, I don't want my deposit back, I want the vehicle that I purchased at the agreed upon price. Is this too much to ask for?

I spent time dealing with them ,agreed and did not get the car I wanted.

I put a deposit ($1000) on a car on Monday after testdriving it at LEGEND NISSAN. I told them I would be back the next day with the rest of the money, and they said it will go to the service center to get detailed. I arrived the next day with the car being late.... no problem, didnt mind that. Test drove it one last time before I signed the paperwork.

Somehow, the car now has a hole in the upolstry, the sunroof mysteriously vanished, and the molding on the dashboard was now coming off. I said I was not going to buy the car and wanted my deposit back, which I was told the previous day was completely refundable. In fact, they even have a sign when you walk in that says all deposits are refundable. I I was told that there is no way I am giving you your deposit back and you have been nothing but a problem ever since you walked in here. Interesting, that I was nothing but a problem when I was about to give them 18 grand for a car.

They now have my $1000 and its a real pain. I went back in the following day to get my deposit back, and I was not given it back.

Legend Nissan Company Profile