Kent Brown Toyota

Elmira, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We wasted hours at this dealership and got nowhere! They could barely figure out which salesperson we should work with - we waited an hour while they figured that out. They refused to give us a reasonable price for our trade; other dealerships offered twice as much! They kept asking us how much we want to spend a month, like that actually matters in the grand scheme of things. We are definitely taking our business elsewhere!

Wife went in for an oil change and filter, left with $179 bill. It could have been worse. Service tried to sell her brakes and rotors due to "rust on the rotors, pitting of rotors." She luckily turned them down. I inspected rotors - there was no rust on brake pad contact areas. Rotors are in good condition. They stated to her that she had a soft pedal, BS. They talked her into a 60,000 mile inspection, tried to sell her a cabin air filter that was replaced only 5,000 miles ago. When they heard that, they backed down. After rotating the tires, they did an unauthorized test drive, and determined the car was pulling to the right. Duh! They got her for a $79 alignment and said the car was pulling due to the toe on the right side being out. Duh! Toe won't cause a car to pull. Also, they adjusted the emergency brake. I have consulted with a certified mechanic, and he stated that a disreputable dealer will pull this crap on women all the time, and unfortunately, it works most of the time. I will not be going back to this dealership again.

our 2004 sienna with 73,000miles has a broken spring coil-r.rear. We have no idea how or when this occurred. Kent Brown service has never encountered this problem before. Is this something that should be on recall or on warranty?

The written estimate to repair this is $510. We are not happpy; I would appreciate an answer/explanation soon--before we consider trading to a Honda.

Purchased 2005 Toyota Corolla new from above dealer. LF strut is leaking. Took car back to above dealer and wants $305.00 to replace the one strut plus tax and another $75.00 to align front end. Ricky said he checked with regional rep and neither offered nothing towards repair costs. I called Toyota in Torrance, Calif and they advised it was a dealer decision and offered nothing. This is my 1st Toyota and based purchase on their dependability reputation. I have never replaced a strut on the 15-20 mostly new cars I have purchased. Toyota is just another car. Gas mileage is good but money I saved on gas will now be spent on premature car repairs.

Spent about $400.00 to replace both struts as recommended by outside mechanic.

Purchased 2005 Toyota Corolla new from above dealer. Outside mechanic advised left front strut was leaking. Took car to Kent Brown
Toyota yesterday. Ricky in service confirmed LF strut needed replacing. His service dept wanted $305.00 to replace LF Strut only plus another $75.00 to align front end. Car had 43K miles and out of warranty. He wants 100% from me with no contribution from any Toyota entity. I will get 2 struts replaced from outside repair shop for about same price. Dependability is not a factor with Toyota anymore.

About $400.00 spent from my pocket for a strut on car that is 2 years old.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kent Brown?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I orginally owned 2 Toyota 2002 Prius that were purchased at Dorshell Toyota in Rochester New York. So when I was ready to buy another car I stayed local and went to Kent Brown Toyota in Elmira. At the time of the new pruchase I had about $4000.00 remaining on the old auto loan. So they stated that Toyota would only do the loan if the $4000.00 balance from the old loan was included in the new loan.

Also I was talked in to the extra car care coverage and extra maintainance, which increased the loan another $4300.00. So to make a long story short... My $21000.00 car in now costing me $34000.00 and a car payment of $800.00 a month.

Within the first month I went back to Kent Brown very unhappy with the gas mileage of 40. My old Prius got 52.

They passed me off stating after the first oil change I should get better. I didnt. I went back in and wanted to know if I could work out some kind of deal exchanging the prius for a camry. They laughed at me and said I would have to pay them an extra $7000.00 on top of the trade to even talk. I will never go back to Kent Brown Toyota and have expressed the way I have been treated to friends who was thinking of going to them.

I am a 50 year old, single mom of 3. 2 in college and a 10 year old. I have owned my own Medical Equipment since 1984 and would never treat my customers in this matter. I was taken advantage of because I am a women. Can you help me in anyway? I would be greatfull for any help you can give me.

Kent Brown Toyota Company Profile