Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

31 Huntington Toyota Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I agreed with online sales manager to purchase used certified 2016 Sequoia as advertised $30,024. What a circus of liars and cheats this dealer turned out to be. We were told initially to put a $500 deposit on the vehicle to hold it. Upon return to purchase the salesman claimed I had to pay extra 1495.00 to certify the vehicle. That was a lie. Headquarters at Toyota Corp. states in their missive "there is no charge for certification." Second they stated they needed a downpayment of $1995.00 to even sell me the vehicle not included in the advertised price. We were initially told we could finance on our own. Another lie.

Upon purchase with financial officer at Huntington we were told "You can only purchase through our bank." (Of course it was much higher % than my bank.) Another lie. We were then told we had to purchase insurance coverage through them and an additional $1000 in tire insurance??? Get these people in Jail! When we disagreed to this the sales person and manager they said, "Then your loan percentage is going to go up another 1.3%." We asked for our $500 deposit back and felt they broke trust with us. They gave us a receipt saying we will send it to you: Another lie. Now 3.5 months have passed and they still have my deposit. But they are not holding the vehicle for me, it is sold. I have filed in small claims against these vermin. A plague on the owner.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I was sold a car that didn’t exist! Jose was my salesperson who I know has to play the game with the sales managers, but this was unforgivable. I put down $1000 and made a deal for a white C-HR 2019. I was told it would be brought there within an hour. I left to clean out my car to trade in. Called back and was told about 25 min till the guy got there. Came back 45 min later NO CAR. Then they try and see if I want the black one. I said no. He tells me the white 2018 will be there soon. An hour goes by. I’m getting more angry! I told him if the car isn’t there by 5pm I’m getting a refund. A silver 2018 shows up. I yelled, “Where is the white 2019!!!” Was given a refund slip but am not sure that means anything. DO NOT GET A CAR THERE. BEWARE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

It’s been a three year nightmare dealing with the people at Huntington Toyota and it all started with their manager, Thomas ** (Tommy). When I leased my car back in 2015, we originally negotiated having 12,000/year in mileage. Upon returning my car 2 years later still under the total mileage, we found out Tommy went back on his word during the original meeting and only gave us 10,000 listed in the contract after we shook on the agreement and signed. After speaking with Tommy, he agreed to forgive our mileage since we were planning on buying a new car from them anyway. After everything was signed & all keys were returned, we signed a new contract and went off with our new car.

A couple months later, we started getting calls from Toyota Financial saying we haven’t paid our over-mileage fees from our 2015 lease and that we’re still overdue. Confused, we went back to the dealership and spoke to a manager named Tony ** while Tommy was out and he apologized for the mistake and said they would take care of it. Weeks later, we still kept receiving calls from the financial office. The second time we went back, they told us it was actually on us to pay and that’s when we found out Tommy slipped these over-mileage fees into our new car contract in fine print. In addition, they said we also owed additional fees for a key we returned and it turned out someone on their side never process the paperwork for the return.

However, after speaking with them, every time we leave the dealership, they assure us they’ll be taking care of the charges, but we always get calls again from collections a couple weeks later. We even called customer relations about our case and they weren’t interested in hearing us out at all. They just aggressively threatened to ruin our credit if we don’t pay. This has been going on for a year now. The people that work there are a bunch of con artists and thieves who will pretty much negotiate and lie to your face & then slip what they want in the fine print of your contract. As someone who’s been loyal to Toyota for over 30 years, this experience at the Huntington dealership has ruined any faith I’ve ever had in the brand. I don’t recommend anyone to go there unless you want to waste your time & money.

Original review: May 31, 2018

First let me say DON'T GO IN THERE, DON'T EVEN MAKE THE TRIP. I went in last Wednesday to look at a 4Runner. I left unsure and brought in my family to get their opinion. Javier spoke with his manager Joe and he got us the deal we were looking for... So, the first thing they did is pull $2000 out of my account to lock in this deal. THIS WAS THE BEGINNING OF MY NIGHTMARE AT THIS HORRIBLE PLACE. I filled out some online finance form, on a computer standing up next to three others where anyone could see my information. Then told to come back in 30 min to get the car. Third trip... Still no car, but they took my plates and my registration this time. I guess this is how they make you feel like there's hope you will leave with your car. Then we were told just another 30 min. I said, "We have our 2 year old. It's now 830pm. This is crazy. We have been working with you all since 3pm."

We go home, feed our daughter and I call to MAKE sure THIS WAS DONE and the car was ready. They said, "Yes come pick it up..." WELL WE GET THERE AND NOW I'M TOLD, "Meet Simon. Here's our finance guy." Simon tells me that the creditors are closed and he will have to call tomorrow. I said, "Why wasn't this taken care of at 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8... Why were we told to come pick this car up 3 times, I have a 2 year old I keep having to drag here." Simon apologized and said he just got my information. I was so mad. My daughter is so exhausted and crying and I asked how and the other manager (Alabama guy can't remember his name) they told me, "What do you want us to do. It's not our responsibility." THOSE TWO MEN Joe and ALABAMA were so rude. They did nothing. So I left before I said words I couldn't take back.

I then call the next morning and no one is in per the receptionist. I was DONE. ALL I WANTED WAS MY PLATES AND MY MONEY... I go to get my money back and my plates... I'm now told there is no one here who can help. "What, there is no manager here to give me back my $2000 and you can't find my plates or registration?" I was told no sorry. AFTER A FEW MORE CALLS AND VISITS I STILL have not received my $2000. I call there and there is never a manager.

Thank God for Dominic. He found my plates finally because I did buy a Dodge Ram from Westbury and they are amazing. BUT BACK TO MY TOYOTA OF HUNTINGTON NIGHTMARE. IT'S DAY 8 AND I have not been refunded my $2000. I called again and no manager is there. Ps. If you want to lose your money and waste your time and days go buy a car from this horribly unprofessional place. There were people there for over 7 hours waiting to get their car. These people are theifs and liars. I feel bad for my salesman Javier. He did his job, but his team failed in every way and still are failing. Why is it they can't find a manager to refund my money but in the first 5 min they ran my card and pulled my $2000. I need help now because I can't find anyone who knows what to do to get it back. DO NOT GO TO HUNTINGTON TOYOTA. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR $$$ AND TIME.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased/leased a 2017 Toyota 4Runner on 11/1/17. I called a few weeks later to get a status on my new plates because my temporary expired and was told by the salesperson the lady in charge of motor vehicles was on vacation and would be back in a few weeks. I called back in a week because I had no plates. I was told the salesperson I worked with, Eric **, was no longer working there. And they had no record or my lease purchase and could not find my paperwork. I spoke with a finance manager named Mike. Mike, the finance manager called me back a week later telling me he found my paperwork and he apologized but didn’t know it was never called into the bank. He told me he would need to call it into the bank and would call me back.

The next day he called me back to tell me it was funded by Toyota Motor Credit. At this point it was over a month after my purchase. My down payment included the first month’s lease payment. I also paid my 2nd lease payment as directed to the dealer on Dec. 6th. The bank called me on Dec.7th to tell me they never received the first payment and asked for the payment including the late fee. I explained to them as per on the lease agreement the down payment was given to the dealer. The dealership never paid the bank and now my credit has been compromised. I just leased a brand new truck and the first two payments are showing unpaid and now the bank wants the payments and late fees. I have been going back and forth with the bank and the dealership. To let them know I paid these payments to the dealership.

The bank still wants late fees which I should not be responsible to pay. $60 in late fees. I have since been speaking a Jessica who’s a sales manager and she said she would speak with the bank to work this all out but I have not yet heard from her. This would never have thought a new Toyota dealership could be this careless with customers and their customer’s transactions. My FICO score has now been compromised and will take a lot of work to fix. This was my first new car purchase and was supposed to be a happy one. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had in my life with any purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Toyota?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I purchased a brand new Camry here in July. The reason I am really upset and writing a review now is because I was hit with a Disposition fee which I was told by Lexus Finance and the dealership that it would be waived on purchase/lease of a new Lexus/Toyota. So now I am really upset and already made a complaint with Toyota Corporate, complaint # ** and I am ready to bring it up to escalations. Now a little background, I have had 4 Lexus and now this 1 Toyota so you are aware that I am familiar with this brand of course. I also worked selling cars for over 2 years (1 1/2 years at Honda City in Levittown, 6 months at Hillside Honda) This gives me a full view and experience of inside car sales and outside. I have also purchased over 30 cars and my credit score is near 850. I am not telling you to brag, but more so I am telling you insight that I already know the car "game".

I had 3 payments left on a Lexus CT, there was no reason for me to come in early (since I will have to be stuck with these payments or they will just transfer it to the new car, that’s what we do! No one makes payments disappear it goes into a deal). So I negotiated with Javier about 10-15 mins we agreed on a price, he told me not to worry about a dispo fee. Next was very unfortunate, I met Jessica, who was nice, but tried to play all these games, mind games, car sale tactics, but I tried to tell her I know the business.

Basically she said I get no car today, I said that’s fine, give me a refund (I deposited $3,000) she and the dealer didn’t want to refund me. Then they used different tactics, finally I agreed to pay more for the car, I felt sorry for Javier. (Salesperson as I sold cars, and he was going to make what’s called a flat) Then she played all these tactics "Oh we don’t know what your credit is like, we are unsure of the rate") Um it is July I clearly told her I purchased a new Acura in February and my credit score at that time was 841! That said she did not want to quote me any rates even though she knows well and clear what the lowest possible rate Toyota can give.

You are a finance manager you finance cars all day long. To make a long story short I financed with Teachers at 1.9% because I was tired of her games so I was hit with a $382 disposition fee from Lexus stating that they can't control dealers. Though this is my 5th Lexus/Toyota. I made a claim with Toyota and received a call back from the dealer but they made judgement for themselves and of course they found they were not at any fault. So I made 3 payments on a car that I was fine with and now have to pay the disposition. What they do not know at the dealer is that I work for a large corporation that has Hyatt Legal on Retainer, so I will sue them for possibly a lot more than this $382, whatever the lawyer suggests, come new year when I have more time. I was at the dealer for 6-7 hours, it only took me 10-15 minutes for the song and dance (negotiations).

Paid 3 payments, dispo fee, more than the initial agreed upon price, did not get the financing I wanted or came for, probably the worst experience ever. Now we were not fair and honest at Hillside Honda but the customers did not know, I was a customer completely aware of the situation. Makes it much worse to try and rob someone when they are wide awake and looking. Not that this is right that's why I'm out of the car business but that's how it is, but once a customer knows (cats out of the bag) stop playing games! You are making it a bad experience, just move metal already.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I contacted Toyota of Huntington inquiring about a car for my 85-year-old mother. After going over specific numbers for a specific model with Joanne **, appointment coordinator, we arrived at a monthly lease payment which was an "all in" price. (tax and fees built into the monthly payment) Joanne assured me that this was an all in price with no other hidden fees. I was very clear and specific in wanting to lease the car with all monies built into one payment thereby avoiding a large cash outlay at the beginning of the lease. Joanne understood this and repeated this to me in our initial conversation. Joanne confirmed that the car was available. I told her my mother is frail and would be coming from about an hour away, I made an appointment to come in with my mother and sign the lease for the car the following morning.

Once again, I specifically stated that my mother lives about an hour away and that my mother is frail (which is why I wanted the numbers worked out and agreed upon before I came with my mother who could ill afford to make the trip more than once). We arrived as we said we would. Joanne was not in. Ready to sign at that moment as I told Joanne my mother would be, I was told by Liz, the sales manager, that I misunderstood the pricing and the tax, fees etc were not included in my quoted price. After a few choice words we walked out. BAIT AND SWITCH... (Shame on me for not getting it in writing... Shame on Toyota of Huntington for being disgusting and dishonest with an 85-year-old woman in poor health) BEWARE.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased a Toyota Corolla in May 2017 @ 5 1/2% interest rate for 60 months from Huntington Toyota of NY. I was not informed by finance rep that Toyota was offering a 0% on good credit. Called back next day upset and told fin. dir. I want the 0% and I should have been informed of this rate and this was wrong. I re-signed another contract at a rate of 0% for 60 months. Toyota lost the second contract for which I have. I told them I should not be signed again due to their irresponsibility. I then re-signed another contract on May 6th. Huntington Toyota has still not processed this contract.

I called on Friday, May, 13th asking to speak with the general manager and was told he was not in the office. I asked if he would please call me back and I have not received a call yet. I called back and left another message and was told he was in a meeting. I need assistance to get my contract processed. My payment is due June 3rd. I will be going through another month of arguing with Toyota over the processing of my contract. Frankly, I need assistance from someone to get my CONTRACT PROCESSED. I can be reached at **. (I am currently in the office and the contract is in my vehicle.)

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

If I would have read the reviews online and visited ConsumerAffairs prior to wasting two days at this dealership, I would have saved myself money, time, and a ton of anguish. The vermin who runs and works at this dealership have zero morals and ethics. We spent two and a half hours there yesterday finalizing a 2-year loan agreement, complete with my bank account being charged, and papers being signed. We were then told to come the next day to pick up the vehicle. The person buying the car had to take taxis there and back both yesterday and today, racking up almost $100 in cab fare alone. We showed up today to pick up the vehicle, only to find we were the victims of a classic bait-and-switch scheme. All of a sudden the credit score wasn't high enough for the agreed upon, signed, sealed, and delivered rate, and they wanted more money to the tune of 50% more per month in fees.

They had already charged the bank account for the massive down payment too, and we were told that we can't get that back until next week. Then, the icing on the cake was when my poor brother, who had come down there by cab, was told to leave the building immediately. This is a 60+ year-old retired doctor who wouldn't hurt a fly and who has a voice as quiet as a mouse. When he asked if he could at least use the phone to call a cab to come pick him up, he was ordered to leave, not allowed to use a phone to call a cab, and was left to stand outside in the cold and figure something out. He doesn't have a cell phone.

So after wasting two of his days off, being lied to, and being out a massive down payment that won't be returned until next week, he was treated worse than a dog and left out in the cold. This place is full of liars, schemers, and morally bankrupt scum. Avoid them at all costs. In particular, avoid Anthony (Tony), and Oscar. You know they're lying when their lips are moving.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

Sent 12 emails, never received one response so I texted, no response. So I called 4 times and left messages, still no response. Found the car on ebay, sent an ebay message 8 times and still no response. I made a cash offer and still nothing. I would not buy gum from these people.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I bought a Honda Pilot July 18. I have a terrible experience in Huntington Honda. I bought a car - the headlight was wet and the seller said he will fix. I went I called them and they said they will give me a call and they never did. I'm so disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

When I brought car to service took photo and sent to company that issued that policy and was told they don't cover dents in bumper since it's plastic only metal dents... This was never told to me or did it say that on policy. I then reached out to salesman Victor who repeated the same thing. As a last try sent certified letter to General Manager Mr. ** and like a puppet repeated the same thing. As I know a General Manager is able to do whatever necessary to rectify a complaint from a customer... I was a repeat customer but will never return, not even for their 24 month free service.

Original review: March 15, 2015

We saw a car advertised on the Toyota of Huntington website. We contacted them about the car. As we live over an hour away, we spoke to sales representatives several times during the day to confirm that the car was still available. I explained that we could be there first thing in the morning and arranged a test drive. We requested and received confirmation at the end of business day that the car was indeed available. We were confirmed for a test drive first thing in the morning when they opened at 11:00. Of course, after we drove all the way to Huntington from the city, arriving right at opening, we were told that the car had been sold yesterday morning.

These are the kinds of bait and switch tactics that give car dealerships a deservedly bad reputation. Not only was there a voice message waiting for us when we returned to the city, reminding us that we had an appointment to drive the non-existent car, but we also note that the vehicle is still posted as available on the dealership's website.

We will do all we can do discourage people from doing business with Huntington Toyota. At this point I suspect that this supposed car was never available, but only posted as a bait and switch to lure people to the dealership. I do not appreciate being lied to several times, nor do I appreciate the money in gas and tolls wasted driving there, or the time spent on my day off to do so. I do need to buy a car. Needless to say I will NOT be purchasing it from Toyota of Huntington.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Huntington Toyota called us starting in June to bring in our old car - not due in till the following Feb. Finally did in November and they said they would take care of the rest of the payments. They paid one and we have been getting bills for both cars since plus late fees since they didn't do what they said they would. Spoke to Toyota financing, the owner and no results. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER - they are the stereotypical SLEAZY CAR DEALERSHIP. We've had Toyota cars since 1987, and now we are done. BUY HONDA.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

Visit the dealer 4 different times and my highlander still have the same problem.

Original review: July 1, 2014

On this particular occasion I dropped off my 2007 Toyota Tacoma for a 115,000 mile maintenance service. After keeping it for over 18 hours, I was finally called to pick it up with services completed. Having had prior negative experiences with the same shop I decided that I would verify the alleged work performed. Upon lifting the hood I learned that nothing was even touched. Every cap and part still had dirt and dust accumulation revealing not one FINGER PRINT. Evidence that nothing was done. I immediately got the service manager and showed him by opening the oil cap and leaving my prints in the dust. Having already paid I had to practically fight to get the work I paid for done and or a refund. This was just the last of a series of bad experiences. In an attempt to cover it up I was subsequently banned from returning to this service center by the manager for asking for what I am entitled to as a consumer. I am now on a champagne to make everyone in this area aware of the cheating and unethical practices at the Huntington Toyota service department.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2014

I tried very hard to give Huntington Toyota my Business. AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS. After agreeing to a lease price and signing all the paperwork and waiting several hours for them to deliver the car, they tried to pull a bait and switch. They first said that they brought the wrong car and it would cost more money. When I refused to pay more, they then told me they would have the agreed upon car the following day.

I liked ** and wanted desperately to give him my business so I agreed and took another day off to come and pick up the agreed upon car. Upon showing up, the car they tried to give me was clearly damaged and again they tried to up sell me on another car. At this point I was out two days of work and was understandable frustrated but felt as though I wanted to give ** my business (he had helped me on his day off). I was passed off to ** who did nothing to try and rectify the situation and told me to take my business elsewhere (which I did).

I drove down the street to Westbury Toyota and dealt with ** who QUICKLY and EFFORTLESSLY put me into the car I wanted at a better price. I sympathize with ** as he was a victim of bad management and terrible customer service surrounding him. Do yourself a favor and don't make the same mistake I did by giving them another chance. QUICKLY walk out and drive to Westbury Toyota and see **, he'll put you in the vehicle you want at the fairest price.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2014

I went to purchase a used car for $7800 and the salesman did the paperwork for that amount and when I was ready to go into the financing office, the lady put the price at $13000. I think I should get in touch with the lady that got the same problem of price lie, we can file a complaint from the main Toyota office. There are probably more people with the same problem and when I try to call the salesman to ask about it he was upset and told me he has nothing to do with it and told me that I should never call him again. We need to fix this before they rip off many people and bring bad image to Toyota.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

I was in the dealership on May 20th, 2013. I test drove a Highlander, sat down with the salesman and talked numbers, writing all the numbers out on the paper. He said the car was 29k. We negotiated my trade in to be 10,500 and he mentioned multiple times that I'd then owe 19k. It seemed like a comfortable price so I agreed. I also gave an extra 3k cash, therefore making it a 16k balance. I told him I didn't want a long loan, I think I said no more than 4 yrs. All throughout the process he was rushing my husband and I to make a decision and sign that paper he was writing out. When I went to the finance office to sign the papers, I didn't notice that all the papers didn't match. I have 3 different papers, claiming 3 different selling prices.

Unfortunately, the biggest problem is that I didn't see that instead of the car costing 29k as promised. They charged me 42k plus interest. What?! But no other price in the contract states that 42k, only the one that explained payments. It states the 29k that I thought I was agreeing to, and one states 25k. Not one time when asking the price of the car did they tell me it was 42k... for a used car?! I would never have agreed, knowingly. And I missed that they didn't do it for 4 yrs as agreed, they made it a 6 year loan. I'm absolutely disgusted that such a large company could be so grimy and shady. What ever happened to honest business, rather then taking advantage of a young woman? I will NEVER do business with this company, ever again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2012

My 19 year old son visited the Toyota of Huntington Car Dealership, and they took advantage of his age to pressure him into over $800 worth of repairs (oil change, tires, windshield wiper, new lights) on a new car that we bought him last year, from the same dealership. Then, they refused to return the car without paying for a partial NYS inspection, which, we were told, was the law. My wife had to leave work to drive to the dealership during our NYS gas crisis following Sandy to speak with the manager about his predatory sales tactics, and for driving up costs on a teenager, as well as telling him to use his credit card for additional costs. Avoid this place. If I could, I would have these people arrested for fraud.

Original review: April 20, 2012

I placed a $100 deposit on a car on 3/25/12. My credit was not approved and they have refused to return my deposit. They have repeatedly claimed that it was being processed, a check was mailed, a credit applied to my credit card, but as of today, 4/20/12, nothing has been received. I have spoken to the manager Frank ** and Mike ** to no avail. Please help.

Original review: March 4, 2012

I called Huntington Toyota to schedule an appointment for my car to get an oil change. I spoke to a very nice lady. She scheduled my appointment for the next day at 8:15AM. I told her that I need to pick up my car by 1PM. She told me to make sure I let them know when I drop the car, because she explained, if I don't, the car can be left until 5. I went to my appointment the next morning, and the assistant manager, Juan **, took my information, and I told him that I need my car to be ready by 1PM, 1:30 at the latest! He told me it will certainly be done before that.

I got dropped off at 1:20PM, and went to him to make finalizations, before picking up my car. He told me to have a seat by the customer service. I sat there for a minute, but something told me to go and ask if the car was ready. I couldn't believe he told me that my car is now being worked on. I was livid! He claimed that it was busy. I said that's not the point, and that he wasted hours of my time, when I just needed an oil change! I had my day planned out accordingly, so I informed him that I'm not coming back, and to give me back my vehicle. No work was done!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2010

On August 13, 2010, Metal Tech Inc., represented by Mr. **, installed a new central air conditioning unit in our office, Mr. ** agreed with us to install vents in two offices and two bathrooms. The air conditioner did not work from day one and the bathroom vents were not installed. We were told by Mr. ** that he would return the next business day to complete the job, but he didn't. He never provided us with a paid receipt and our warranty for the air conditioning unit. We tried to contact Mr. ** several times via phone and email, but never received a response. Metal Tech Inc. was paid in full, but the job was never completed. We are a business that has many customers daily and we are unable to conduct our business normally without air conditioning in such a hot summer. We paid them in full for a job that was never completed.

Original review: July 27, 2010

I negotiated with the salesman on a trade-in on my car against a new 3 year lease as a one time pay off. The offer for the car was very good and once applied against the total lease price gave me a substantial amount of money back, according to the salesman, and ok'd with the management. I had to come back later that day to do the transaction. The salesman was not able to be there. When I came back after doing the new car inspection and handing in my title, I met with the leasing manager. The numbers were completely different on the contract, then was agreed. And of course there was no money due back me. And in the same folder was the original agreed binder with the numbers that was suppose to be on the binder. After a bit of back and forth with the managers, the dealership did agree to give me half of the original agreed price of the refund due me. I did not take it because it was not the price that was negotiated.

Original review: May 7, 2010

In June 2007 I leased a new Rav4 from Huntington Toyota. They contacted me in January and February 2010 about turning it in early for a new car. So in March 2010, I turned the car over to them with the understanding that they were assuming the rest of the old lease. I had brought them my copy of the old lease and both the salesman and the supervisor inspected it. It was for 15,0000 mi. per year over 3 years. They inspected the car, told me it looked fine, and got me into a 2010 Rav4.

About 2-3 weeks later, I received a bill from AmeriCredit (the old financing co) for a total of over $2,500 including a termination fee ($300), excessive wear ($640), and excess mileage of $1,362 as they claimed my lease was a 12,000. mi a year lease. I had thrown my old lease away, thinking I didn't need it any more since the dealer had led me to believe everything was completed and in good order. What a mistake!

I asked the dealer to get my old lease as proof and to explain why I was being asked to pay for additional charges to the finance company after I was led to believe that they were taking care of any expenses on the old lease. I was also puzzled as to how the finance co. thought I had a 12,000 mile lease. Well, the dealer said they had no more records of mine because they were "new owners" and the "previous owners" took all their records with them. They also said they were not responsible for any additional charges imposed by the finance co. I told them that if they had informed me that I was going to have any additional charges I would not have turned my car in early. They had misled me by not disclosing this information.

Meanwhile, the finance co. (AmeriCredit) sent me a copy of the lease agreement they had which turns out to be forged document detailing a 12,000 mile a year lease that someone forged my name on. I have contacted The Toyota Corporation and it appears that they couldn't care less. Huntington Toyota, I am in the process of reporting to the police and the DA.

Original review: March 1, 2010

After weeks of searching for the perfect car, I found what I was looking for at this dealership. I spoke twice with the people there to ensure that the vehicle was as described, as I was out of state and viewing the car over the internet. At both times I was assured that the car was as described. I then placed a $500 deposit to hold the car as I would have to fly in to view & purchase. Even though the dealership doesn't list airport pick-up as a service, they were more than willing to pick me up. After viewing the vehicle it was exactly what I wanted, and what was promised. I purchased the vehicle, was given a warranty, and they topped off the gas tank even though it was full. New York is one of the few states that has both a new and used car lemon law. This is a high-volume dealership and the relative small amount of complaints shouldn't scare you as long as you do your research prior to buying any vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2010

I bought a certified Toyota used car from Huntington Toyota in Huntington station NY. I used the word certified loosely because this car definitely wasn't certified per Toyota standards. The front tires were 3/32 of tread depth. Toyota certified standard is 5/32. The steering wheel shimmied all the way home with a thumping feel with it. It could be a bent rim or bad tire belt. Lenny said it could be a ball joint or tie rod. What? This is a certified Toyota? The sunroof rattles loudly, they couldn't have possibly missed it. Toyota standards is to fix all rattles before certification. Wrong driver's floor mat installed and does not fit the car's grommet holes to keep the mat from crawling up the gas pedal. A Toyota recall that they ignored!

This black paint exterior of the car which upon delivery had a scrape on passenger side front bumper (8 inches), rear driver's wheel well molding (4 inches), gouged scratches on the hood (3 inches). The scrapes show as white because of the wax residue they applied over them. Then the driver's door has 3 deep dings (like a BB gun hit it). Toyota standards for certification is the paint to be new like luster with no scratches on bumpers or moldings. Upon talking to Lenny, the general manager, he denied the tread depth issue, the paint and dings saying he has no idea what I did to it after I drove off the lot. These issues I brought up to Huntington Toyota the next day after delivery.

I have reported all these issues to the Better Business Bureau, Connecticut State's Attorney General Blumenthal and Toyota corporation. Also, I had a remote start installed for their price of $575. They told me it's a Toyota remote start (it's an Audiovox remote start cost $75). This ripoff company has 23 BBB complaints in less than 3 years! Certified Toyota means nothing! And Huntington Toyota should be put out of business for false advertising about certified car that isn't! Huntington Toyota gives Toyota quality and certification a very bad reputation. Update! I brought the Rav4 in for the noises stated above and they found I had 2 calipers frozen on the front which cost $500 each! My new dealer said I need rotors also but Toyota won't cover that item. This is a certified Toyota with bad brakes right off the lot! I only put 1000 miles on since I bought it a month ago!

Original review: June 13, 2009

I bought a used Toyota Highlander from Huntington Motors in Long Island, NY. First, they charged me 500 dollars by accident so they said I didn't notice, it was my girlfriend who did. So they said, "come pick it up". As I was driving from Queens, NY to Long Island, the VSC light came on and the check engine light came on. I was angry as I, just 3 days before, paid cash for the car. I talked to Tony, the sales manager, as they filled up the car 2 days before he accused me of being drunk and was going to call the police. Another salesman told me, "what did I expect for buying a used Toyota 2003 with 66000 miles on it?". So I was so livid I left with my girlfriend and 3-month old baby.

I emailed Toyota complaint form and was told the dealer's customer service lady Toni would call me. She did one time, but I was busy. I missed her call. I proceeded to call her for 2 days. I was told she was busy, so I started faxing my complaint form to this dealership about 6 times. A man by the name of Lenny called me back and told me to bring the car to his customer's service station, which I did. They were very nice, told me a hose was loose. It took 5 minutes to fix the problem, which they did. I read my bill of sale, which says my warranty is the paper on the window which I have requested from the dealer. The salesman Kevin said I don't need it, but I still want it.

I am sorry to tell Toyota that I will never go to this dealership again or to any Toyota to purchase anything Toyota again. I am disgusted with Toyota Motors. The reason why I was angry was the fat manager Tony said it was the way his worker filled up the car. I also hear Toyota Motor's sales is off about 38%. Maybe your customer service needs revamping. Even your customer service line is bogus as they tell you your dealer has to fix your complaint. I hope you fail like GM and Chrysler.

Original review: May 4, 2009

For weeks Huntington Toyota has been advertising in Long Island Newsday a Brand New 2009 Toyota Rav4 4 with Automatic Transmission, 4-speed, 4cyl, 4WD, Air Conditioning, PW/PL, AM/FM CD, Roof Rack for $19,998. There are no asterisks or footnotes pertaining to this add.

I called the dealership first to make sure that this ad was valid and that they had cars that fit this ad in stock. I was told that they have many and that I should come to the dealership. My travel time was 1 hour each way. I traveled to the dealership with wife and son and met a sales associate who said that they have at least two cars for this price, one Grey and one Red. He insisted that we go on a test ride, which we did. After agreeing to purchase the Grey one (which we were told was ready for immediate delivery, but parked at their off-site storage facility). We then sat down with the salesman to fill out the paperwork. He asked if we had a trade in, we answered no. He asked us if we wanted to finance, we said that we could pay cash, and would only consider financing if it was at a very low rate. The sales man then told us that we were required to finance through them to get this price. After a bit of discussion (I pointed out that he ad did not mention this requirement) we were then told that we only had to finance $10,000 through them, at a yet undetermined rate (which would be dependent upon our credit report - which by the way is stellar). We agreed. Then the sales man handed us the invoice which showed a cost of $22,498 BEFORE a myriad of dealer fees (about $3000) and then tax. I pointed out that the car is advertised at $19,998 and not $22,498. The salesman's response was that was what the car would cost because it had a roof rack. I pointed out that the roof rack is included as per the advertisement. He then said that he would talk with his sales manager. He was back in a minute and said that the car costs $22,498 plus all of the other dealer fees. We spent two hours commuting, and more than two hours at the dealership. This is pure fraud, which wasted my and my family's time as well as gas. What can I do? I have never been inclined to complain, but this is just so blatant that I fell that I need to do something.
Original review: July 18, 2008

I left a deposit, but then decided not to buy the car. The dealer refused to return the deposit. I've spoken with many people. Everyone who has gone somewhere else have always gotten their deposit back. Since I've spoken out about the dealership, I have heard numerous reports about the dealership's shady business ethics and morales. I'm in litigation to get my deposit back because the dealer was non-compliant.

Huntington Toyota Company Information