Dana Ford Lincoln Mercury

Staten Island, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company wants to make money and not make their customers happy. They'll help you only if it helps them. The issue I have requires the Ford corporate headquarters to approve the fix, and Dana Ford won't do anything to help me get that done. They are liars and cheats. They don't return phone calls. It's really a joke doing business with these people. Aggressive Staten Island people. Never going back.

I really don't know where to start... First I went to DANA to get a pre-owned Ford E-250. I got a 2014 with only 14,000 miles on it. It broke down in the middle of Manhattan the very next day. We had to get towing to take it back to dealership, however towing company was trying to make me pay for towing even though I had extended warranty!!! The car was towed by certified towing company not to the dealership as it was supposed to be but to a parking lot overnight!!! (4pm it was picked up). Not only the back of the car was scratched by them but nobody wanted to pay for fixing it!!! It only got worse from there. We owned the car for 3 months. It was in the service for 29 days!!!

Finally when we took it to the service the last time. We got rental and DANA was supposed to pay for it but they never called that our Ford is ready and they cursed me when I asked if the roof they were supposed to paint was done!!!??? Jeff (service guy) claimed they need separate authorization and I need to return the rental and wait a WEEK to get authorization for roof paint!!! ( Roof paint was a screwed up job by DANA before we got the car. After first car wash, paint came off). I told them my car is staying in the service until everything is done and they will be paying for my rental until I get my car back. It appeared I was left with $750 bill by rental place!!! Why the ** did I have extended warranty for?

When finally I visited DANA with my lawyer they decided to trade in my car for a brand new Ford Transit! GREAT except they stole my $10,000 right there. The car traded in was actually returned with no money back and I had to pay extra $10,000 as they told me it will go for paying off the bank percentage! BS!!! It was supposed to be $3,500 not $10,000!!! Also all I got returned was money from extended warranty!!! Seriously PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE PEOPLE! John ** and Jeff especially! I am changing my dealership and service! They don't do anything right and they are being rude and curse ladies (my wife) on the phone when she tried to calm down the situation. BE ADVISED!

I'm writing to the consumer I am dissatisfied with the representation of the managers and the dealers of Dana Ford. I went to purchase a car on 1/03/15. I left a deposit of $2500. I had to cancel the deal - I didn't get my deposit.

Gave a $200 deposit on a car, the deal did not work out. Was told to give it one week. Yesterday (2/12) I called to check the status, these are the stories I received:

1. “Your finance manager is off...” A check request has been made out BY the finance manager, why does he have to be there to pick up a check? Does the world stop because the guys off?
2. “We don't give refunds on a deal...” WE DID NOT HAVE A DEAL!!!
3. “No one in the accounting office today, they are in a meeting.”
4. “We don't give refunds on a deal...” ONCE AGAIN, WE DID NOT HAVE A DEAL. WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING WE HAD A DEAL???
5. “Why did the receptionist (Crystal) tell me there was a meeting when there wasn't?” Guy says, "Oh, I told her to say that. We don't give refunds on a deal." HERE WE GO, WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THAT??? THERE WAS NO DEAL!!!

6. “Ok sir, the checks are issued and signed by the owner every Friday BUT he might be off tomorrow.” This place plays with people’s money, they LIE, LIE, LIE.

Today when I phoned the CRYSTAL receptionist hung up on me three times.

I brought my 2008 Navigator to Dana on Jan 7th 2015 for a suspension light issue...Told them I'm an ASE certified Cadillac Tech, and that the issue with my truck is a bad compressor, made a loud sound then system shut off, seen smoke coming from right side headlight assembly, that's where the compressor is located. They put me into an Enterprise Rental which I thought that was wrong, I should be in a Lincoln loaner. They said, "Nope. You have premium coverage and that doesn't qualify you into a loaner."

Okay. The next day Jan 8th 2015, get a phone call from Dana, "Hi you can pick up your truck. Everything is functioning normal." I said, "How about the compressor?" "Everything is okay." I went to pick up my truck and I've noticed the rear of the truck is all the way down. I said the truck is not at normal ride height. "No sir. It's normal," they said... Back and forth we go telling them it's not fixed and not at ride height. The MICKEY MOUSE mechanic goes to my truck bouncing it to activate the compressor. It finally goes up a bit. Charged me diagnose fee of $118.00. I drove not even 15 min light comes on with the compressor making a racket. Brought it back to them. Here I go again in the rental, which I'm paying insurance through Enterprise.

I get a call on the next working day after the weekend saying they found the problem. It's the rear airbag solenoids. I said, "The solenoids only open and close to let air in and out. That's it. Check the compressor." They just wouldn't understand. Everyday for 8 days in the rental they couldn't get the solenoids. Nobody has got them or making them throughout the country. So I said, "I know. I've called many dealerships and local auto stores, it's possibly dis-continued." Their saying, "No, no, no. Just wait..."

I couldn't wait so I called Lincoln human resources and I've explained to them the situation with my truck and the need for a compressor is needed and I want a Lincoln loaner because it's costing me a lot of money with the Enterprise insurance and I said I shouldn't be paying anything at all. They finally put me into a loaner but it cost me $45.00 Enterprise insurance which they wouldn't take care of.

Anyway, 3 1/2 weeks LATER GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH THIS STUPID SOLENOIDS ALL BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER'S COMPLAINT, will never buy a gasket at this place, because they will mess that up too. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. If any Lincoln owners have any issues with their vehicle, bring to me A REAL ASE CERTIFIED TECH, and it will be done the professional way. Have A Great Day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dana Ford Lincoln?

I'm an immigrant, came here in America from the Philippines 5 years ago - Never in my entire stay here that I ever felt so aggravated and judged because of my ethnicity. Yes, me and my family was treated poorly by the people of Dana Ford in Staten Island specifically by the front desk lady. She told us to wait because all the agents are busy. I get that, but after an 1 hour and a half waiting no one even bother to talk nor ask us if we need help or anything that's why I decided to approach the front desk only to find out that she completely forgot about us. I saw smiles on their faces when my wife reacted about the situation. They have looked at us as if we don't belong here.

I felt really sorry for my wife and my daughter because I feel that they don't deserve this kind of treatment nor other people like us. I hope this will serve as a warning to the people who read this if you're planning to buy car from Dana Ford Staten Island, make sure you get their attention not like me that just trust them and be a fool to just wait for them.

I just brought my 2012 Mustang in to the service dept because it was not shifting into 4th gear (Manual) correctly. I get a call today saying that the clutch needs to be replaced and is not covered because it is normal wear and going to cost $2500. So I tell the lady well number one I bought the car it was the demo and already had 6k in mileage and I have only driven the car an additional 14k miles in 2 and half years. I baby the car and do not race it and after driving manual cars for year, I have never had to replace a clutch and I assure you this is not normal. I asked her to not make any repairs and I will call back.

Problem number 2 with this situation little did these morons know my father owned a shop for 30 years and I myself work on cars and know for a fact that the price was way too high. I went onto Ford Parts and put my vin # in so I can get the exact parts needed for my car. Result is even if every part of the clutch needed to be replaced including the master cylinder, the cost for the parts would come to $765. These thieves marked up their own product by 100%. In addition on the service order it states 16hrs of labor per tech indicating 2 techs two days. I have changed clutches before and I have spent no more than 4 hours putting one in by myself.

I called back told the woman and she argued with me stating she doesn't care what I know and if I don't get the work done they are charging me a $130 for the diagnostic. I LOST IT. I HAVE A WARRANTY. THERE SHOULD BE NO CHARGE FOR DIAGNOSTICS!!!! In addition two weeks prior I brought the car in cause I heard a noise in the rear of the vehicle. Supposedly they test drove the car and I would not be surprised if they were the ones that screwed up the clutch being that it only took a week after to have this problem. Anyway, I called their corporate office and opened a complaint. I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I will keep everyone posted.

We took our 07' Ford freestyle in to be serviced. They claim they fixed the issue. NOT! At least it's supposed to be under warranty right for 12 months. We will see. I had an appt today and these jerks messed up. We called last night to confirm that everything was on for today with the service appt. They said yes. We get there and they said "oh sorry the specialist will be here on Wednesday." Are you kidding me? To be continued.

You should have looked at previous reviews. Stay away from Dana Ford. They blew my engine and now want me to pay for an engine. You should call BBB, US Attorney General and DMV has a department that investigates their service. Also, I have a friend who started a Dana Ford Sucks Facebook page. Join it and have everyone you know join. The place is a joke. Also Staten Island is small; word of mouth will hurt those crooks.

My husband purchased a 2007 Sport Trac Ford truck from Dana Ford. First, the radiator went and they put Stop Leak in. Then we drove the truck for a few days, and we started to smell gas. The service dept. could not figure out the problem. They stated they were going to order the parts. That was 4 weeks ago and they still have not arrived. Now, they are trying to sell us a more expensive car. We had to beg for a loaner - the first loaner we paid for out of pocket. When we declined to pay extra for another car that was listed as the same price, they came back with another set of papers with different prices and TAXES on them. Their papers did not match our originals.

Needless to say, they did not inform us that the truck was a theft and recovery that was in an accident. Now, they want us to pay for a 2010 that is not at all the car we wanted and insisted on us paying more money - we had a set budget. ** tore up my husband’s paperwork and threatened us with the cops unless we turned the loaner car in. My husband is 73 and in poor health. As of yesterday, our truck is disassembled and the parts have not yet been ordered. ** got in my husband’s face because he would not give him an extra $1,400 for the warranty on another car. He was threatened by ** the assistant manager. Please we need help. They have $20,000 of our money and no car. He was told not to come back into their facility. Thank you.

Their service dept. is the worst. Never ever bring your vehicle there please, trying to save others.

I brought my 2012 Fusion in for service because of an engine knock. The car has 13k miles. Dana diagnosed the problem and said they had to replace the engine. At that point, I was very happy because there was knock and they did not try to play it off. They said they would need the car for about 6 days. I asked if they had a loaner car and they said no, I would have to rent a car. They said they would help, but the cost would be about $37 a day. Typically, most dealerships would loan a car for something like this. I called Ford customer service to see if they could help. They called Dana and the service manager Rich caught an attitude and told them to have me come get the car and take it to another dealer for service.

When I went to pick up my car from them, Rich the service manager had the nerve to tell me if I had a Lincoln, he could have gotten me a loaner. I brought the car to All American Ford on Route 9 and they gave a brand new car to use while they fix my Fusion. I also called 4 other Ford dealers and all would be willing to give a loaner car. Bottom line is this place is the bottom of the barrel in every aspect. The service manager is certainly in the wrong business. The owners of Dana should certainly recognize that if they don't change their customer service tactics, they will be out of business just like Island Ford.

Shame on Ford Motor company for allowing this to happen. I own Ford cars and have been generally happy, but the fact that Ford Motor allowed this to happen makes me think about Chevy moving forward. I'm not angry, just surprised of how poor a dealership this is. I would not trust this place at all with service or purchase. A word to the wise: stay away.

I've waited as long as I'm going to wait. Well, let's see. Why would I rate a dealer with a 4.8 average on dealer rater as a 1? Apparently, they must be bribing somebody over there. Where do I start? I saw the '07 Town car on Auto Trader. I made the call because it looked good and the price was right. I talked to Mike ** and he said, "Yes, the car is clean. It's gorgeous blah blah." I made the deal for the car. Well, what I wasn't told was that this car was never looked at by anybody other than to inspect it and maybe do brakes and tires. Maybe otherwise, these fine people would have noticed the 3 inches of water on the floor in the back, or maybe the side view mirrors that didn't work or maybe the driver seat that was broken, or maybe the leaking sunroof or trunk, or the inoperative heater for the passenger seat.

I drove 225 miles one-way to get this car. If I was not tired and in a hurry, they would still have the car and my money. This has been nothing short of the worst car buying experience in the history of the earth! Let's talk about the DMV charges of $239, plus $37 for NY State Inspection, plus the doc fee. Well, my DMV fees are $21 for NYSI and $171 (now $168 according to Fran over there) for the plates and reg. So I was overcharged there too. I told Joe ** this on my second trip down there. He said, "Wait until we get the reg. blah blah." The day I brought this car home, it went straight to the body shop for the water issue, then back to DANA to fix the seat, mirrors, the parts for which I had to buy at a cost of $116 and back door lock that didn't work. (They didn't fix the seat, by the way.)

A week at the body shop, a week at DANA, now it's back at the body shop because of the 3 inches of water under the carpet and all the leaks. Of course, they told me, "Bring it in. We'll take care of you." Yeah, okay, I trusted these people as far as I can throw them! Oh, did I mention the $480 I spent getting the driver seat fixed or the several hundred dollars on tolls and gas bringing on two cars down to leave one and then go back again to get this piece of crap car they had the balls to offer for sale? Plus, they made it sound like they were doing me a favor by fixing the things I pointed out. Guess what, you **, it's your ** job to make sure a car is correct before you offer it for sale! If I sold cars like this, I'd be laughed out of the business after being taken to small claims court and being reported to the Attorney General for shoddy business practices. Unfrikkinbelievable!

Today, I talked to Fran and asked her, "Are you sending me the difference in the overcharge?" The response is "What!? Who said?" Let's see if I actually get a call tomorrow with the news that at least they can rectify that mistake. I won't hold my breath though! As of today, I'm out 1000 bucks, not including whatever the latest body shop adventure is going to cost plus another couple hundreds for the heated seat fix. What a joke this place is! My car sits in the body shop.

Staten Island Service Dept "manager" - this man is in the wrong business. He is totally rude and will not listen to your complaint. I didn't read the reviews. Hope you all do and take your car to another service center. I was charged 2x for the same thing after they misdiagnosed my car. I wasn't given the option to take my car elsewhere and he assumed what he thought to be true. He told me about an aftermarket alarm which caused the problem and was he surprised to know that they put the alarm in. What an experience this was.

I went in there to try to lease a new Focus. After about 40 minutes of negotiating, we settled on the price. As I was signing the papers, I noticed there were "extra" fees not included in the monthly payment. The salesmen could not definitively explain what they were. This place will get the price they want, no matter what you agree on. Stay away.

We had a situation with Dana that people should be warned of. We put a deposit down on a car under the pretense that we would be approved for a specified deposit and monthly payment. When the time came to finalize the deal, the dynamics of the deal changed and we had to come up with $5,000.00 above what we expected to pay. Needless to say, we decided not to do the deal.

As a result, they refused to refund our $500.00 deposit. I understand this tactic is to force buyers into a deal and if they have a deposit, they can change what's to be paid apparently or else lose your deposit. So we're out $500.00. Be warned Dana customers. Do not give a deposit and do not believe it will be refunded even if they tell you it will. The finance manager Mitch explained that they were keeping it because, "He had to do a lot of work to get the deal done"?! I'm surprised a company like Ford operates like this.

We had a situation with Dana that people should be warned of. We put a deposit down on a car under the pretense that we would be approved for a specified deposit and monthly payment. When the time came to finalize the deal, the dynamics of the deal changed and we had to come up with $5,000 above what we expected to pay. Needless to say, we decided not to do the deal. As a result, they refused to refund our $500 deposit. I understand this tactic is to force buyers into a deal, and if they have a deposit, they can change what's to be paid apparently or else lose your deposit. So we're out $500. Be warned, Dana customers. Do not give a deposit and do not believe it will be refunded even if they tell you it will. The finance manager Mitch explained that they were keeping it because "he had to do a lot of work to get the deal done"?! I'm surprised a company like Ford operates like this.

Do not recommend. Do not go here. They are not honest. They lie to your face. They actually had the audacity to try and take advantage of someone needing a car as a result of Sandy. Shame on you Dana Ford. Shame on you!

Certified used cars from this dealer are certified to fail and cost a lot in repair bills. I bought a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer about five years ago. First thing to go was the transmission and this dealer refused to put a new one in. They put a used one in and it's been bad ever since. They have a problem with the coolant system that they knew about and did not recall it. You end up paying for a cracked manifold. The tire rods were bad electrical system, another problem. The heater and air conditioner went and more, the loan wasn't even paid off and we have to look for a new vehicle. Once this dealer sells a vehicle and it is off the lot, they're done. The ** they use to sell a vehicle is really something.

Be very wary of this dealer. You have a better shot at winning the lottery than getting just a decent car. Be very afraid. If you want or like very expensive car repairs before your car is even paid off, go to Dana Lincoln Mercury. They are your dealership. The best in certified garbage.

I worked out a possible deal. They asked me for $500 deposit to run credit application. I refused at first. They assured me it was refundable. When they came back with a lease payment for $450 a month and $4,700 down 2 days later, I said it was too high. They said that’s the best they could do. I said I will let them know.

I went to another dealer and they beat their price by $2,000. When I called to ask for my deposit back, I got the run around. I finally spoke to a Dave **, who was nasty and said, “You are not getting your deposit back!” He said I ordered leather. This was an outright lie. We never even agreed on a car. All I did was fill out a credit application. I see I am not the only one who had this problem. This seems to be the scam they pull.

I purchased a 2005 Ford Escape. The finance manager Joe told me that Chase would not make the loan unless I bought the extended warranty for $2200. Wanting to do business and improve my credit at the same time, I went along with it. I didn't sleep that whole night. The next day, I called Chase Auto Finance and spoke with Saul. He said no, Chase would not do that; it is the dealer wanting to push the warranty package. I then called Dane and left a message for Joe to call me. That evening Joe from finance, the guy who told me to my face I had to have the warranty per Chase, spoke with me and came up with ten other stories. I hung up on him. He called back three times and then started to say he was sorry for the miscommunication. I told him there was none. He lied and got caught and I want the warranty removed. He said they will not do that. I would like to know if you can help. If not, I will not waste time and file a suit against Dana. Thank you.

I had a terrible experience with Dana Ford in Staten Island NY. We went there, made a deal on a car and the dealer convinced us to go for a dealer installed leather because they didn't have a car we liked. This was on a Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. On Sunday, I called the dealer told them not to send in the car for custom leather (which they hadn't since it was a weekend) and that we would come in the next day to discuss what we want to do. On Monday, Memorial Day, we went in, and discussed that we wanted a titanium, which they didn't have, and Michael P, the sales rep, talked to the managers and told us that the systems were down and they would refund us the deposit the next time we could come in.

We came back today, June 4, 2011 and they refused to give us our deposit ($1000). They are claiming they didn't have to, even though the Lease Order paperwork clearly states that the deposit is refundable unless it is to cover dealer incurred damages. The dealer incurred no damages. They did not put custom leather on it. Clearly, since we did not come back to sign the financing paperwork, the deal was over. So after a full week of the deal not being completed, it's pretty clear to the dealer there was no deal.

We dealt with Michael P as our salesman, Joe (manager) and Dave (manager) and Douglas H (General Manager). They all refused to admit or even discuss the reason why our deposit was being held.

On 1/26/10 I went into Dana Lincoln Mercury dealer to purchase a 2010 Mercury Mariner (sterling silver color). I filled out the credit application and gave them a deposit of $297.47 that already cleared from my bank account. I explained to them I was wafting for a check to clear out of my account in order to put $15,000 down on the vehicle I was purchasing. In the meantime they sold the car that I put the $297.47 deposit on and told me to come in and pick out another car. I told them I did not want another car and they advised me I would be reimbursed my full deposit a week ago. Now today (2/22/10) when I spoke to the general manager Doug he advised me they are not giving me my $297.47 deposit back and there is nothing I can do about it. Please help me get my money back. I’m a single mom and that money is a month worth of groceries for my children. They were cursing me out because I would not come in to pick out another car, and now all of the sudden 3 weeks later they tell me they will not reimburse me my deposit.

we purchased a 2006 dodge charger from dana. we decide to trade it in because of the horrible noises it makes. it was servived twice and we only have it since last may. at the trade in the carfax report comes back with the news of the car being in an accident in 2007. damage to the front left side which is where the noise is coming from. at the time of the accident the odometer reading was 26,075. dana sold it to us with 21,233 miles. dana motors refuses to take it back. they say there is nothing they can do for us.please help us! we have been through so much this past year.

lincon aviator bearing spun. they claim it was lack of maintnance due to the oil. we told them we have changed the oil. they wanted proof. i gave it to them. now they are saying they are not honoring our receits. they want us to pay for a new engine on a 3 year old car with 39,000 miles. what can i do

Dana Ford Lincoln Mercury Company Profile