Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

48 Atlantic Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Went to the dealership in Bayshore and said they had 20 of Trax cars in stock ready to roll. Got there the day the sale started. They had none. Wanted me to buy the more expensive. One only 3000 dollars more. Told him we want to order the car that was for sale. He said the no longer are ordering that car. It was a bait and switch so we left. Looks like we won't be buying a Chevy.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My fiancé and I towed a vehicle to this Atlantic dealership service center to be repaired. We were promised a phone call next day at 11 am with information about our vehicle. We did not receive any phone calls, we called at around 3 pm and spoke to Anthony and he said he’d call the next day with updates. This is the second non informative phone call we’ve had, which means our vehicle was probably not looked at. Next day at 12 noon we call... again, and Anthony tells us it will be $1600 to look deeper into our vehicle because he can’t see what he needs. We asked about the total cost and was told after the initial $1600 we’d have to pay another $1600 to fix the problem. He didn’t even say what he thought the problem was but says the total would be around $4800. Where are these numbers coming from?

We decided to tow the vehicle to another mechanic and Tony asked us to come in to release the vehicle. We were charged $316 for a “compression test” which was originally $391, but we complained about the cost because nothing was done to fix our vehicle. Our receipt states Total Labor- $316. Did I pay for labor or a compression test? We received a phone call from the new mechanic 15 minutes after towing it there telling us that our vehicle was not put back together.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Leased a Brand New 2018 Chevy Traverse from Bill ** at Atlantic Chevy Bayshore at the end of February 2018; Fast forward to June 2018 and with 7,800 miles on it the Transmission craps out while away in Maryland with my family. I reach out to Bill, as I am standing in a parking lot on the side of the road for some seeking some input on what I should be doing. After a 2 minutes conversation, he tells me, "Well there is no one here from Customer Service Today (Saturday), so call Roadside assistance, Good Luck." When I returned home to Long Island on Monday, no one from either Atlantic Chevrolet or the Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland had even tried to reach out to see if I needed anything. After all they had secured me a (4) passenger Nissan Sentra for my "Loaner" car from Enterprise. Figures that Chevy would put me in a Japanese car, because they are MORE reliable.

Not until my wife called Atlantic on Monday was anyone even remotely aware of the situation (Thanks Bill). In fairness Sandy was understanding to my wife, but here we are a week later and Chevy's response or follow up has been minimal to say the least!!! I will NEVER buy another Chevrolet Vehicle again as long as I live! Thank God this car is just a LEASE and will be going back to Atlantic Chevrolet where they can pawn this P.O.S. off a someone else. Thanks for nothing Atlantic Chevrolet and Chevrolet Global.

Resolution response: June 29, 2018

Finally someone stepped in and made the situation right again. After Jim ** stepped in, we got our new windshield in the 2-3 business days he promised, delivered and installed at our home. Plus Jim kept us informed every step of the way. What he did was what our salesman should have done. Maybe he was inexperienced but he caused an awful lot of frustration, aggravation and customer dissatisfaction. For what it's worth, they did right by us and we have Jim to thank.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My husband and I are very dissatisfied with this dealership. On 5/23 we bought a black 2006 Corvette coupe, which included windshield and headlight cover replacements. They were estimated to arrive by Monday (Memorial Day). When we did not hear from our sales guy, we called to find out the status. The receptionist was rude and short in her response on how we can proceed. It was like she couldn't be bothered by my rather simple question. We called back on Wednesday and finally connected with our salesperson. We dropped the car off and he said to pick it up on Thursday same time (6 pm).

On Thursday, our sales guy called informing us that the wrong sized windshield was ordered. My husband didn't quite believe it because afterall how do experts in this field make such a mistake. But he let it go. He said right sized windshield will be ordered and to pick it up on Friday same time. So on Friday we arrived at 6 pm and was told it wasn't ready and same reason was given. A phone call during the day or even at 5 pm would have been what someone there should have done. But instead, we were inconvenienced and did not come home with our car. My husband connected with the sales guy over the weekend and said that the windshield and covers would be in on Monday. And when we didn't hear back, my husband called again on Monday.

We received a call back to tell my husband that the windshield was dropped while installing it. Really? That's a real excuse? My husband has been a cop for 20 years and knows when someone is BSing him. So now 6/5, still no call from the dealership with an update and none of my husband's calls were returned. I stopped in and another employee informed me that car is still not done. And guess What? He didn't have any update either. The service manager conveniently left minutes before and supposedly Suffolk Glass was closed today. I googled them and they were open today.

For some unknown reason, this dealership is stalling on the replacement parts. We tend to think it's how they operate and it was never their intent to replace them. So why not completely aggravate the customer so they say forget it. Well guess what? That's exactly what we did. We stated that we wanted the car with registration sticker in the window and our plate on the back of the car by tomorrow, 6/6 @ 6 pm.

When we arrived, our sales guy was very nice and explained that the windshield would be installed at our home after it was received at Atlantic in about 2-3 business days and that he would personally purchase the visor mirror to replace the cracked one in the car. We were surprised at the "generosity" but yet, still very skeptical. And not to our surprise, nothing has happened since except a few texts from our sales guy to say the headlight covers (also promised) were in. And that was on June 13th. All communication from the sales guy came only after we called or texted. There was no proactive conversation on Atlantic's part.

We called him today to ask why he was not returning my husband's texts about the windshield and once again replied, "I was just about to call you." That is not good customer service. He should have at least acknowledged the text and said he was working with now Chevy to get the windshield. He went on to explain that he informed my husband that there was a delay because now instead of Suffolk Glass, he was getting the windshield from Chevy directly. This is an outright lie because my husband has the text message stating otherwise and there was no verbal conversation with this salesperson at all.

We are not idiots. We are customers and customers are always right. We will never step foot in Atlantic Chevrolet again, nor will anyone we come in contact with. They should all be ashamed, especially our salesperson, at how they deal with their customers. Quite honestly, it is disgusting. Thank you very much for ruining the purchase experience of my husband's dream car.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I went to Huntington Atlantic Chevrolet to purchase a car, a very rude obnoxious salesperson waited on me and was annoyed that I didn't purchase on the spot. He called me a ** and walked away. I purchased the vehicle from Bayshore Atlantic and was pleased with the deal and the salesman. When I went to go back to Huntington for an oil change and some minor work I had to make an appointment 1 month in advance for a loaner car (which is in my contract to receive). I got to the dealership at 7:30 am and was told there were no loaner cars. I asked why nobody called me and was told by the manager that "it's not his job". Seriously??? What the hell is his job. Rude, obnoxious and morons... Those are the credentials needed to work for this company. BUYER BEWARE!!.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Chevrolet?

Original review: March 10, 2018

The worst experience I have ever had in my life, without a close second. The sales representative at the desk working for us was kind, hard working, and considerate. The sales price was finalized, management approved, the number was written down and underlined, and everyone was satisfied - sales, management, and my wife and I. As the sales order was drawn up, the vehicle was pulled up and ready for my wife and I.

As we went to finalize payment, a different price- for $500 more- was handed to us, to sign. A very rude, condescending, and belligerent man came from management, and grabbed the chair aggressively and stood over my wife and I, in an intimidating fashion. My wife went to speak, and in a loud voice that approached a yell, he cut her off in a very degrading, condescending way. I requested that the man not cut my wife off mid sentence, and he leaned over the table and then proceeded to loudly defend his price increase, although everyone at the table, including the salesman, knew he was being unethical, and that he was simply lying. He called me a thief, for the simple reason that I was maintaining the price that previously agreed upon by management, sales, and myself, in writing. He again called me a thief in a yelling voice, and proceeded to intimidate my wife in a very sexist and condescending attitude towards woman.

We left, horrified, astonished. This dealership should be temporarily closed by Corporate Chevrolet, a complete human resources audit should be done, and the horrific, condescending, sexist management should be cleaned out and replaced with kind, straightforward, respectful people. I went to another Chevrolet dealership later the same day, and I was welcomed by honest, warm, straightforward sales representatives with integrity. Atlantic Chevrolet is the worst consumer experience my wife and I have had in our lives, without any close parallel. I will never return there.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I am extremely disappointed and disheartened to be writing this review after purchasing my 2015 Silverado from Atlantic Chevrolet. I have e-mailed Jim ** (Customer Relations Manager) in regards to this issue, and have not received a response from him as of yet. I purchased this above mentioned truck on 2/7/18. My factory bumper to bumper warranty expired 1/15/18 less than a month prior, though I was very comfortable buying my truck due to the fact that I was assured it was Certified, and came with a bumper to bumper warranty for 1 year from the day I bought it. Certified trucks garner a premium price due to the security and peace of mind when purchasing, which I was willing to pay for.

A week after I took delivery, I was cleaning my truck and was under it for the first time, and was aghast at the condition of the truck's frame. The frame is rotting/rusting quite badly (it is only 3 years old). After a minimal amount of research, I found that this is a common issue for Silverados which is detailed in TSB number PI0564G. I wasn't too concerned due to the fact that I had a bumper to bumper warranty and my truck was certified.

However, I learned through a service adviser at Atlantic Chevrolet, that my truck was in fact not covered, and GM would only pay for half of the bill to repair my cancerous frame. I just spent $35,000 on this truck and put $8,000 down. Though no amount is acceptable to split, I assume this bill to fix this problem is in the thousands of dollars. Had I known this to be the case, I would have never bought this truck. Who would ever spend $35,000 on a Certified pre-owned truck when right off the lot, it needs thousands of dollars in framework to make it just acceptable. The factory bumper to bumper warranty covered this work no problem, but apparently my Certified pre-owned bumper to bumper warranty is no help.

The service adviser at Atlantic acknowledged as I was mentioning my frame problem that "it's a common issue," and "we've done a few of these TSB jobs before." I was sold this truck when it is no secret to Chevrolet or Atlantic Chevrolet that this is a common problem and it was never mentioned to me. Worse yet, I put a deposit on the truck only 2 weeks after the factory bumper to bumper expired - though a consumer would be lead to believe a Certified pre-owned bumper to bumper warranty carries the same weight.

I have contacted General Motors in regards to this issue and it has been forwarded to a senior adviser on their end. I hope that through corporate and maybe the good faith cooperation of the dealership that this issue can be rectified, and my faith and praise in Atlantic can be restored. Until then, this negative review will stand, and I will continue to actively spread my displeasure with everyone who will listen.

To make this right, either GM needs to cover 100% of this work, or Atlantic Chevrolet needs to cover the other 50% that GM is expecting me as an unsuspecting consumer to pay. I have emailed Jim ** (Customer Relations Manager for Atlantic Chevrolet). He has failed to answer my e-mail in a timely manner. If they really care about "the utmost in quality and customer satisfaction" like he says in response to my original Google Review, then they will pay for my truck to be repaired to a state that is satisfactory to even be sold to a consumer in the first place.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Worse service ever! The employees here are so rude. When you bring it to the manager Michelle's attention she does nothing and gives you an attitude. She will then brush you off to other people. Higher up Michelle's manager Vinny also rude. This place has no customer service skills at all. Make an appointment to get an oil change will take you weeks to get plus you will be waiting a minimum of 4 hours. Only service that is done on the weekend is an oil change. If you need anything else done you will need to drop off during the week and a rental is not provided to you. I lease a brand new car from this dealership. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Never had these issues with any other dealership. Here is the best. I wrote a review on Yelp to let others know about this place and Michelle the service manager called to try to apologize for the service and I really appreciated this. She even offered to give me a service package for the remaining months of my lease. This was so nice I said, "Thank you." Days later still never received it. Called Michelle. She said she isn't giving it to me unless I take down my Yelp review! After all that trying to get Michelle's supervisor on the phone, I get a supervisor name Lisa on the phone. Sweetest lady ever. She apologized to me. Never heard from Michelle again, Lisa spoke to Vinny Michelle's boss and got my maintenance package she promised me.

Few months later my oil change is due. It is summer time. I call for an appointment service department. Was rude again on the phone. "We don't have any appointments until October." The guy told me. I asked how that is possible for a huge dealership not to have appointments for 3 months. I told him I want to get my oil change there because I have a lease from them and a maintenance package so I won't have to pay. Rudely told me, "You can go anywhere for an oil change and it wouldn't be free anyway and hung up." I emailed the women Lisa who was the only nice person at the dealership. Lisa no longer works there! So I have been getting my car serviced elsewhere. My 3 year old daughter recently went into my paperwork and decided to color all over some documents. I contacted the dealership 5 times for these documents. Called 1 time service was called another time told me I needed to speak to Megan.

Called and asked for Megan and just left, called again asked for Megan, "She off today. Call back tomorrow." At this point I was aggravated. I said there has to be someone other than Megan that can print me copies of my past service. They said no - I said, "Please give me Megan voicemail." Left her a message. No phone call back. The next day when I got out of work I called Megan again, I said, "I was told I need to speak to you about getting copies of my past services." Very rudely Megan said "who told you that?" I said, "Multiple people I spoke to. Are you the person I need to speak to?" She then said rudely "You need to come down with photo ID," and hung up. I called back to find out who her manager is. I was told it was Michelle, and she wasn't available so I left her a message. Never called me back, called to speak to her boss Vinny. Didn't take my call. Receptionist said he is with a customer.

So I decided to drive down since I was down the block. Vinny questioned why I needed copies. He said, "Didn't you receive them with the service?" He also said "I don't have anyone here at this hour to print them." It was 5 pm. I was so upset I told him I have been calling for days. He then said he was going to print them. Give him 10-15 minutes. He comes out and asked me for ID, I told him I am not giving you ID. He said, "You wouldn't want me to give your information to just anyone would you?" What personal information are you giving a copy of my oil changes? My advise do not do any business with this place.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Run as fast as you can from this dealership. Their online prices may seem alluring, but once you get there, they hit you with dealer prep fees, certified pre owned fees, BS extended warranty. Went in on 12/29/2017 for a $41999 2015 Chevy suburban and the final bill was $54000 with all the fees, warranty and taxes! After 5hrs of waiting they figured out they didn't even have the title for the truck! I should have bailed on the deal, but my fault for going to buy a vehicle with walking pneumonia which made me very vulnerable. They also were advertising $100 worth of online accessories with the purchase pre owned vehicle. As of this writing I still have yet to receive it. Also, want my money back for the extended warranty, but getting a constant run around, not returning phone calls, emails, etc. I have GMAC customer service invoked in this, which by the way is stellar. I will be making a special trip down to them so I can resolve this face to face.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I had bought a 2013 Chevy Malibu from Atlantic Chevy and had it for about 7 months until I totaled it and wanted to see about getting a pro-rated warranty back for the rest of the warranty. I have had nothing but a runaround and the dealer never cancelled the warranty. I had to take it upon myself to call AMT which is the warranty holder and cancel it with them personally because the dealer had not done it. I totaled the car on August 20 2017 and still have not received a pro-rated refund. I get a runaround. They need this and that to give me the refund. I then went back to Chevy to purchase another car and bought a 2015 Chevy Equinox in September.

Now 2 months later I'm experiencing problems with the car and almost got rear-ended because the car will just change gears while in drive and go nowhere and the Rpms just move. I dropped the car off on 11/6/2017 and still don't know whats wrong with the car they told me it would be ready by 11/9/17 I went into Chevy today and Antonio said the car isn't ready yet and that it would be ready tomorrow 11/10/17. I need a car and I'm car-less they haven't offered me a courtesy car still have not told me the issue but tells me the car will be ready tomorrow. I'm not paying a dime to these people for a car I had literally 2 months. No issue should arise own a used car that I only had not even put 5k on the car yet. BUYERS BEWARE. DON'T BUY FROM THIS PLACE.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

2017 Traverse. Cosmetic problems with interior, and exterior paint, and delivery of vehicle, I purchased the truck on 9/2/17 and it has been an uphill battle trying to correct all the issues, my main concern is the paint, the rear passenger door is darker than the rest of the truck. Also the rear bumper has discoloration, I feel like I am driving a used vehicle, not a new one, the dealer has refused to do anything with the paint, they had me bring it to them.

They said they would take care of everything, they had it all week, only to tell me the vehicle is ready for pick up, but did not do anything with the paint issue, their original comment was, not their problem, I should not have to be stuck with a vehicle that looks used. A new vehicle should not have any blemishes or defects with the paint, Gm customer service has been trying to help but we have gotten nowhere, I would love to be able to get my money back, and go somewhere else, shame on you Atlantic Chevrolet, Long Island New York, someone out there please help me...

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM ATLANTIC CHEVY in Bayshore, NY. I was sold a GE extra protection plan I said NO to. Re-Read every paper they put in from of you! I didn't even know I had this extra protection until my check engine light came on in my 2013 Cruze. The problem with the car is still covered under the original warranty. It's only 3 years old! I will never buy from them again. DISHONEST! Looks like my next car will be something other than a Chevy! I have purchased 5 cars from Atlantic... How else have they scammed me?

Original review: April 2, 2017

I went back to Atlantic Chevrolet in Bayshore NY with a credit score of 663 to trade off my 2011 Chevy Equinox and to get into an 24,678. I had a 25 grand pre approve car navigator letter which I submitted to the salesman. He didn't use my pre approve 25 grand. They went on to run my credit through 6 different banks trying to get me 34 grand which I didn't need for a 24 grand car. So now all those inquiry lower my credit score down from a 663 to 599 and I still didn't get a car.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

My 2014 CTS-V went in for warranty issue. At time of pickup my car was in poor condition, was filthy with footprints on the interior, and my right side paddle shifter was on the floor broken. Now I'm getting a runaround and reference to it being an aftermarket part which was unaware of. Car was bought in a dealership in New Jersey stock, no aftermarket anything on build sheet. My point being I did not bring my car in to address a paddle shifter as an issue. At this point I only want them to fix what they broke correctly fixed.

I may have to bring a small claims case against them. I am 110% dissatisfied in the way I was treated in the service department and the runaround I was given. I was told car was ready for pickup. Today 11/30/16 I get in my car to drive away and the paddle shifter drops off the steering wheel... back to square one. I was promised that the repair was done and functioning to factory specs. To my disappointment I was misled and repair. it was never done to GM specifications. As a customer of a CTS-V I'm always skeptical in dropping off car for service because of its performance sports package. My car had 200 miles placed on it while in service, excessively in my opinion. I cannot stress deepest concerns/disappointment in the way my automobile was treated while in the care of Atlantic Cadillac Chevrolet.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

In 2012 My wife and I were talked into purchasing an extended warranty by Denise ** on our 2007 Chevy Tahoe when we had brought it in for service. In 2014 we returned to purchase a 40,000 dollar 2014 Chevy Silverado, less than 6 months later my wife purchased a fully loaded 60,000 dollar Tahoe. We wanted to cancel the warranty on the 2007 and were told we could not, that we needed to keep it and the truck for the entire 4 years of the term of the warranty. Our warranty has now expired and I am trying to get the refund guaranteed to us if we did not use the warranty. Now we are told that the 3000 dollars we paid for the warranty is not refundable because I no longer have the 2007 Tahoe.

Basically at this point Atlantic Chevrolet Cadillac is stealing from its customers. I have been trying to cancel this agreement for over two years and have been given the run around and now I can’t get my money back. I was told maybe they can try to give me a pro-rated amount back based on when and who I sold the truck to. I would never again purchase from Atlantic (anything) since it is the same owner, I certainly would recommend you stay away from Atlantic Chevy Cadillac.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Bought a 2011 Chevy Tahoe back in feburary. When I went to see it it wasn't there. They said it's out being detailed. After we purchased the Tahoe, the battery kept going dead only 1 day after I got it and the rear defogger wire was hanging. They put in a battery, fixed the defogger. The defogger was only fixed for about 1 week - the wire is hanging again. When we purchased the Tahoe it was certified with a 12 month 12000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. But they don't tell you they'll try to get you to pay for everything - they want the money. Going back on Saturday. We'll see what happens.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

January 2014 I purchased a 2010 Chevy Equinox. Certified and took the extended warranty. That night my car stalled and wouldn't start. Had it towed back to Atlantic Chevy. It needed new car remotes, brake lights were out, the transmission shifter was replaced, and they cleaned the throttle body and gave me the car back two weeks later. Not sure the date but stalled out again. Back to the dealer. Car sat there for 3 days. No one touched it. I took it back but a week later stalled and was stuck on Interstate 95. I find out there is no oil in the engine.

Went back to the dealer. The service department they started an oil consumption test. When I received the car back it had too much oil in the engine. I told the service manager and he said it doesnt matter. Long story short, 3 timing chains, 3 timing belts, 2 trimming gears, piston, rings, exhaust manifold, crank sensor, crank solenoid, high pressure fuel pump, 2 ECMs and throttle body. I'm done bring it to them. The worst dealership on the island. I'm 8 moths overdue for NY State Inspection. Still stalls, check engine light on. $20,000 dollars down the drain. Stay Away From This Place!!! I started a Facebook page called "Atlantic Lemon".

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I recently bought my 2008 used Chevy Cobalt from Atlantic Chevrolet and it's perfect for me and my lifestyle, but as far as its initial condition and service I'm not impressed. First off when we took the car on a test drive we came back and made a few requests about body work before agreeing on the price. The next day we go back and 1 of the few things we mention had not been catered to; we decided that since it was kind of hidden it wasn't a big deal so we took it home anyways. So after I get the car out of the parking lot and I'm on my way home, I start to notice how squeaky the brakes are. I had my father take a look at it and he said that he has no idea how they even passes inspection. Never mind their "120 point inspection" he was so eager to repeat again and again while trying to sell me the car. Also on the way home from the dealerships I noticed she had a very slight pull to the right.

At this point I began feeling uneasy about the car but what's done is done. So I make an appointment for the service department and was told I was lucky to get one so soon (3 days later) and that they fill up two weeks ahead of time. Meanwhile I'm thinking why am I "lucky" to bring the car I bought 2 days ago into the shop? Anyways, I bring it there and they were told that they needed to do an alignment and replace some brake pads. When I pick it up the next day after everyone had gone home for the day, it said they only replaced the brakes and that they didn't feel the pull. So after they used about 1/8 a tank of gas they didn't do anything to fix the problem. After I get home and confirm that the car does indeed still pull I call to make another appointment for about a week and a half later. At this point I should say this place isn't close either - they're located about 40 minutes from my house.

So on top of the fact that I need to go back for the same problem, it's not close, and I need to coordinate getting home and back! So before I get the car back there, the speaker on my way home from work one day starts to buzz in and out whenever I hit a bump. So naturally I tagged this onto the job at the next appointment. Finally I get this all over with and with about a week left on my warranty, I'm waiting for the next thing to go wrong. And it conveniently doesn't happen until the day after the warranty is up. This time it's another speaker coming in fuzzy, the blinker stopped making noise, and whatever they did to mute the smell of cigarettes from the last driver wore off and left a dank musty smell in my car. So overall I'd say I got a pretty ** deal. Mostly just annoyed with how this went.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I brought my 2013 Camaro in for an engine trouble and a safety recall. I detailed my car inside and out the night before I brought it to them. When I picked my car on a Friday after they had the car for 2 days my custom rims were all chewed up like someone rode down a curb for a hundred feet. I freaked out at that. Then I come to find that someone was SMOKING in my car and I am a NON-SMOKER (remember I detailed my car the night before). They called me to ask permission if the tech could drive my car home for the evening to recreate the engine trouble I was having. I agreed. and THEY ARE TAKING NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY OF THIS!

They also told me the safety recall was done when in fact it was NOT! I have the proof. This dealer lies to their customers to get out of trouble for messing up someone's personal property. DO NOT GO THERE FOR ANY REASON. When I tried to talk to the "customer service manager" those dirtbags wouldn't even speak to me. This is the most unprofessional business I have ever come across.

Original review: May 17, 2015

I am in the market to buy a car so I went to Atlantic Chevy - BIG MISTAKE!!!! The Salesman was nice at first however, he proved to be a sneak, unprofessional and a liar. The Finance Manager was no better. It seems they would say and do anything to sell a car. They have my $5000 deposit which they have not returned. When I went in for the deposit they had another way I could buy the car. The final straw was when I told the Salesman I would be in at 7:00 on Friday (5/15). He did not tell me the Finance Manager was off that day (the only person who could refund my deposit according to the Salesman). The Salesman left at 6 and he did not tell me. So I was not able to get my refund when I came in. It is 5/17 and I still do not have my refund!!!! I will be contacting the Attorney General.

Original review: May 6, 2015

Pure bait and switch. I went in there for a lease deal they had advertised in Newsday, for several weeks. Suddenly, the salesman named ** didn't have the vehicle but when I pressed him, he found one. Then he had to "ask his sales manager" about this deal. I knew it was all over then. He emailed me the deal which was FOUR TIMES THE ADVERTISED PRICE AND REQUIRED OVER $2,000 MORE THAN ADVERTISED AS A DOWNPAYMENT!!! These are dishonest people pulling a very old scam. They wasted my time. Don't let them waste yours. There are many reputable auto dealers on Long Island. No need to be a victim of Atlantic Chevrolet.

UPDATE May 5, 2015: **, the salesman emailed me back that I didn't qualify for the advertised deal, even though he had no qualifications to say that since he hadn't taken any of my personal information other than my name and email address. He also told his Customer Service Manager that I was never in the dealership, even though I spent an hour there with him this past Sunday.

The Customer Service Manager, **, was quick to comment here, but I called her twice today as she requested and left messages, but she didn't return any calls. I also emailed her twice, but got no replies. I gave them every chance to prove this statement wrong by honoring their advertised price, but they failed. It is 100% clear that Atlantic Chevrolet uses bait and switch tactics to get customers in to the dealership. Long Island is jam-packed with honest auto dealerships. No need to waste your time or money with this clan of clowns!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

My son who is 18 years old bought his first certified pre-owned car here. He bought it Saturday for $17,000+ all cash. We drove home and the check engine light came on. It was a bad snow storm so we brought it back on Monday and stopped it by auto zone to hook up to the sensors. Several sensors were bad. We took it back and told them we want our money back according to their three day money back guarantee. Patrick ** The salesman and the sales manager both stuttered and gave us the see no dealership gives money back. If my son wanted he could take another car in exchange or pay more for something he really likes??? Horrible business ethics and I'm ashamed that we went to a Chevy dealer and this was our experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

They had my car over the summer for a recall. Said it would be ready by noon but no one called me. I called them at 3pm to check and they said "Oh, it's done - come on down" (thanks for letting me know). When I got there, the paperwork was not ready and I had to wait 20 minutes, why, I do not know. Today I went on their website (at 7:30am) to schedule an oil change and inspection for this Saturday (Dec 13). Someone responded immediately that they received my request and would advise. Of course, no one ever got back to me. I called at 2pm to try and schedule via telephone and am now told the first appointment available is Dec 27. I wish I knew that this morning. I feel trapped because since my car is new, the oil changes are included. I would almost like to pay $85.00 to get it done in a timely fashion. I wish I didn't feel so imprisoned. I will not buy a Chevrolet again - Toyota has a much better service center.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

Made a purchase at Atlantic Chevrolet a few months ago. We wanted to not have anymore car issues for a few years. We decided to purchase a certified pre-owned 2010 Chevy Equinox with them. I believe two weeks after we purchased it, the transmission went, and the airbag light was continuously going off. How does the transmission go in a newly purchased car? RIDICULOUS, and not to mention dangerous. This was unacceptable, but the story gets better. We bring it in, it stays at the service department for two weeks, fine...they gave us a very nice loaner (much appreciated). THREE DAYS after it arrives back home, airbag light comes on yet again. ONE MONTH after it arrives back from being serviced, it sounds like there is someone banging a hammer on the bottom of the car every time we drive it.

I called today to schedule an appointment, and while the woman helping me over the phone was very, very helpful and nice, the fact that I purchased a car from them that I am continuously having problems with should mean that I should be taken care of IMMEDIATELY, not wait a month for the next available appointment!!! The next available appointment is 12/22. Why should we have to wait so long? What happens if our safety is compromised because it is not working properly??

I do not appreciate being taken a fool of, we spent A LOT of money on this vehicle, more than we can afford, so that we could have a RELIABLE and safe vehicle, not a vehicle that is going to have us in and out of their service department every couple of months. I left messages with the "CPO managers" since their phones were never answered. Have not heard back. I am not satisfied with waiting a month for an appointment in the service department. I want answers now. I would like to know how you would feel if you were in this situation, and God only knows what BS is going to be done about it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

My traverse broke down on Thursday Oct 23rd and was towed to another dealership before it was towed to Chevy on Saturday, Oct 30, sometime late afternoon. It is now Thursday, October 30 and my truck has yet to be seen by a mechanic even for just a diagnosis. I understand that my truck was a tow-in and the service writers already have cars that need to be looked at. I get that. Never said I didn't. The service writer took a very long time to call with Updates. NEVER SAID HE DIDN'T CALL.. The whole reason I didn't go rent a car myself was because I'd have to pay for that and if my truck ended up being covered by warranty then I would get a car for no charge.

It's now Thursday and I called twice. I then asked to speak to someone in charge who could give me an update. I think a girl named Michelle? I'm assuming she is in charge. Although she was somewhat helpful she made it a point in her conversation to tell me that Roberto has been keeping in contact with my boyfriend and he's not ignoring us. Never once did I tell her he was ignoring us. I simply said it takes him a while to get back to us after we've called three or four times.

It's the day before Halloween and I'm literally writing this review as my day is going on... I called Chevy around 1 o'clock. It's now two and all of a sudden my truck is going into the shop now... and the warranty covered the parts and my car was done on Halloween... Might I also mentioned that when my truck first broke down Chevy on 112 wouldn't take it and they told me over the phone that the parts weren't covered under warranty even though they were. So, I am thankful that Atlantic Chevrolet took my car in and covered the parts I'm just not happy with my experience in general.. especially with Michelle.

So, I just got done from picking up my truck and everything seems okay at the moment but Michelle definitely likes to make her customers feel that they're wrong especially when reviewing Atlantic Chevrolet so be careful when you review them because she'll be right there asking you why... By the way have I mentioned I'm not the only person to leave a less than fabulous review? Check Google and yelp..

Original review: April 29, 2014

Bought a "certified pre-owned vehicle" from this dealer. The price wasn't that great but also wasn't bad for what they told me the vehicle was and where it came from. I was told it was owned by a single owner who had a lot of money and just bought new models every two years. After I purchased the vehicle, I go to use the windshield washers when I get home and they don't work. I also notice a slight pulsation in the brakes. The salesman said he was going to have the car detailed for me when I picked it up and also this wasn't done. I found when I got home, crust on center console, gum and wrappers in center console compartment. The salesman had also promised to fix a broken sunglasses compartment before we picked up the vehicle. This was not done but he said he would order the part.

All of these things are on the 172 point inspection that they are supposed to be done. After finding all of this I am pretty sure they did no such inspection. I called GM and they agreed, but said I would have to bring it back to the same dealer to get it reinspected and fixed. I now researched more on this vehicle and found it was a rental car from Hertz (more lies from the salesman). I bring the car back with my complaints and tell them to fix them and redo the inspection.

Well they fixed the problems I found (the pulsation was from warped rotors) and not surprisingly they found no other problems. When I asked if I could see an inspection report the service manager said he didn't know if they made one (probably not reinspected). Then after 7 days of owning the vehicle the 3 month trial of satellite radio turns off. The problems are never ending with this vehicle and their sales practices are predatory. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE. I was warned from others before I bought from this dealer and I should have listened.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2013

I had a 2009 CTS. Every time I had an issue, it took multiple visits to get anything repaired. It got to the point I had to get GM involved to get things addressed and it was still a hassle. Their service manager would not even come out of the office to try and resolve the issues. Last time I will deal with Atlantic for any car since they own multiple dealerships. Service is horrible especially the service manager. I now purchased another CTS through another caddy dealer and it is generally taken care of the first time with less hassles. So buyer beware. They have the lowest prices but the service is not good after the sale.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2013

I bought a brand new SRX in April 2010 and my wife and I loved the car. In January 2011, I noticed a sound when I turned the steering wheel to the right. I took the car in and the service rep called later that day and told me my car was fixed. I later tested the car in the dealerships parking lot and noticed nothing was fixed. I spoke to the rep (Tony) and he drove the car around the lot. He noticed the issue as well and ordered a new part. Weeks later, the new part came in and the same thing happened. I was told my car was fixed and noticed the issue in the lot. Tony scheduled for another part to be ordered and it was finally fixed right the 3rd time. Later that month, I noticed a sound again and brought the car in and this time my struts were bad. They were replaced and the same thing happened again. I noticed the issue was not fixed and Tony scheduled another appointment. The car was fixed the 2nd time around.

In April 2011, my sun shade was not working correctly and refused to close so I scheduled a visit. My wife also noticed the navigation had an issue so I asked Tony to fix both during that visit. Tony later called me and said the sun roof was fine and my nav was fixed. I told him to come to the parking lot with me to check out the sun shade (because I knew it was still broken) and it fell off the track when we pushed the button. Tony decided to order a new sun shade and I later received a call from Michelle, the service manager. Michelle seemed nice at first, offering me free oil changes for a year but later I realized she was just as bad as her mechanics. All Michelle wanted was for me to give her service department rave review even if the service was subpar. The final straw was earlier this year when I brought my car in for a noise in the front of the car. Michelle group told me I need new shocks and struts and claimed to have fixed my car. My wife later picked up the car and I noticed the noise was even worse. I call Michelle and she told me to service my car elsewhere. What a manager (!!) sticking by her product. I later took my car to King and they fixed the car on my first visit. The issue was a hub bearing.

I would strongly advise anyone not to buy a Cadillac. Chevy is exactly what is wrong with this country and should have never been bailed out. I called Cadillac direct and they couldn't even stand by their product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2013

1. Their air conditioning don't work!

2. I read an ad that stated 2013 equinox all wheel drive $18277 to purchase.
3. When I went to dealer the sales rep there showed me car as advertised 2013 Chevy all wheel drive equinox, for $18277 as advertised.
4. After showing me the car, test driving, getting gas in car with no gas wasting an 1 hour and half with two crying kids because of no ac in building and sweat dripping off them.

5. Sales guy comes back telling me that the all wheel drive models are only on a lease not a purchase, if that even makes sense because they show price for purchase and said $18277 but is want to purchase $2000.00 dollars more but no where in ad in Newsday paper does it say that. So I went up to manager Jeff in middle on showroom to tell him that's not what his ad said, and he said the one for $18277 is for base that's not all wheel drive model. But that's not what ad said and he got all nasty in front of 10 customers and my wife and two little kids and said don't twist the words of ad that the price the end is $2000 more. When I asked Jeff for his last name he said "no way, have nice day!!!!!!!!"

FUTURE CUSTOMERS PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOU FAMILY HERE. YOU'RE ASKING TO GET RIPPED OFF AND BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY NAME IS **. CALL, I WILL TELL YOU MORE **.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2013

Worked with the used car manager and came to a reasonable resolution. Took some time but they did follow through.

Atlantic Chevrolet Company Information