Apple Honda

Riverhead, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently purchased a used car from John ** at Apple Honda in York, PA and was flat out lied to by him and the Sales Manager Steven **. I was advised that my used vehicle was never in an accident and that it had been verified through a service that the dealership uses called AutoCheck. After leaving the dealership I pulled the Carfax report and learned that my vehicle had several accidents that were reported to that.

I contacted the dealership and spoke with Steven ** and showed him this information. He responded that this vehicle was traded in by a "friend of the general manager" and they knew the vehicle had several accidents on it, but they are under no obligation to report that to anyone. I responded by saying "This is very unethical and I want to return my vehicle as a result." Steven ** responded that "If you are looking for any help from us, you may need to get legal assistance because we aren't going to do anything about it." This dealership is VERY UNETHICAL and will sell any car to you no matter the history to make a dollar.

Beware!!! New car sales shows me a new 2016 Honda Civic EX-T with my 2 young boys, goes over the whole car, watches me take pictures of the car. We negotiate price and states that the deal I am getting is just "moving a piece of metal" meaning at or a little above invoice, and I am ok with deal. When I pick the car up at night and in a rainstorm, drive it off the lot, 2 days later I realize they put me in a Civic EX, a lesser car. Feel like they cheated me and knew what they were doing. Beware.

Well, I was in the market for a new/used vehicle and decided to look online at Apple Honda of Riverhead's inventory. After a brief search, I found a vehicle (which I ultimately purchased) and called the sales department to see if the vehicle was still available. The sales lady/ receptionist was very nice and informed me that it was and I could view and test drive it that day. After looking over the car and a test drive, the salesman already lied to me and clearly thinks I'm an idiot. He said the car is 100% serviced, all the filters changed and good to go. I pop the hood and open the air box, and the air filter is FILTHY.

I look at him and he says, "Well they may have missed the cabin filter." I quickly respond and inform him that this is indeed the air filter, replace it, and walk to the glove box and remove the cabin filter and preceded to remove it and show him that that was dirty as well. I mean come on? This guy either knows nothing about cars or thinks he can pull one on me! That being said we go inside to talk numbers.

So, down to financials, just for walking in Apple Honda, they charge a ridiculous $995 dealer fee! Absolutely absurd! Tack on $995 to any vehicle you plan on purchasing. The car I was interested in, he was trying to sell it to me for over $1,000 more than what I saw on the Internet, and he INSISTED that was the price, that is of course until I showed him my phone with the Internet price clearly listed. With pretend confusion on his face he takes my phone up to the sales manager to see if he could "work his magic" and quickly returns and says, "Yes, we can do it for that." After haggling for some time he drops the price a few more bucks and we agree on a number.

Then, this MYSTERIOUS $995 dealer fee comes in and magically we are right back to the price he originally started at before I showed him the Internet price!!! So after a few minutes of argument over this bogus "dealer fee" I decide to just go with it because I liked the car and needed it asap. We fill out the paperwork and I leave a deposit and plan on coming back tomorrow to pick it up.

The next day I decided to call my bank to see if I can get a better rate and wow yes, yes I did. I called the dealer to speak to my salesman and what do you know, he's off and won't be in today! Are you kidding me now? He didn't mention anything to me! With confusion on their end, they arbitrarily grab a random associate and I inform him my plans of financing through my bank. They weren't happy about that but who cares? At this point, I am making back my $995 magical dealer fee.

Later on that day once everything was all finished up I go to Apple Honda to pick up the car. There she is parked right out front. I walk over to it and what do you know, IT'S FILTHY! I mean a layer of black goo all over the bumper. The salesman walks up and I ask, "Did they detail this?" He says, "Absolutely!" I say, "Come here and look at this," as I wipe my finger across the front bumper and leave a mark in the filth and show him the black all over the tip of my index finger. Every step of the way in this purchase has been an issue with this dealer! So he says they will run it through the "robo wash" and sign a voucher for a free detail. Ok, now I'm a little happy that is of course till I see the voucher!

He tries to pull yet another scam on me and the voucher says "cleaning". I ask, "What is the cleaning?" He says, "A car wash". I said, "I thought you said "detail" as in compound & glaze & wax with the compound wheel." He says ok and writes down "wheel shine". Right in front of my face he tries scamming me AGAIN! Again I say, "Wheel shine huh? That's just tire gloss for the tires?" He says yes! Now I'm angry!!! YOU SAID DETAIL, WRITE DETAIL ON THE DAMN SLIP, stop playing games. Long story short the manager gave a free detail.

Overall I am very very disappointed with how I was treated here. Everything they do is a scam and they try to do it to you in every way. I would definitely not recommend coming here. It was almost embarrassing watching the normal person who doesn't know about cars or who won't pick up on things get scammed. They SCAM YOU RIGHT TO YOUR FACE! After reading consumer reviews, they are all negative interactions and I should have read them before I came here. Hopefully, my review and story of my experience will help someone.

The finance manager Paul ** is a scam artist - he will put in fees, up your monthly amount and have your head spinning. He is a crook - takes advantage of whoever he can. Promised one price and then it goes up and up when you come to pick up the car. I found 2,500 added for service contract I never agreed. Someone needs to stop this dealership from taking advantage of people!

I went to Apple after going to a number of other Honda dealers. I kept getting the same dog and pony show when I would ask about payments and my trade in from other dealers. Apple was upfront with me and did their best and didn't try to give me any BS when it came to pricing. I would tell anyone who buys a car to go to Apple and ask for Bonnie. She is well worth the experience alone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Honda?

I bought a used Accord EX V6 here. Turned out needed a $425 part and then they said it was not covered. I'm never going back, not even for an oil change. Bunch of swindlers. Buyer beware.

DO NOT buy a car from "Apple Honda" REALLY known as "APPLE AUTO SALES" aka Garsten Motors. They have an F rating on the Better Business Bureau under this name. My friend bought a used car, notified dealership something was VERY wrong after 24 hrs! Given a loaner several days later. Jason in service is rude and hung up several times after friend asked why it was taking so long to get the car back. Gary, the SALES MANAGER, was rude and ordered friend & a friend who accompanied him off the lot or he'd call the police... all because he wanted to know why car was still "in repair" after 15 days! VP won't return calls. Friend also witnessed another customer being given a hard time by the service dept! Unprofessional, rude and should be out of business! BUYER BEWARE!!!

We were interested in a used hybrid vehicle from Apple Honda. We were shown a filthy, dirty vehicle with missing trim. We were assured the vehicle would be delivered to us in two days time like new. We were assured that the car had Bluetooth technology and that it was clean pass certified. After paying cash for the vehicle, I came to find out that the car still had a large ink stain on the back seat, a chocolate stain on the back seat headliner, the trim was STILL missing, the car was NOT clean pass certified, and the Bluetooth was missing.

I was told to bring the car in, by the General Sales Manager, for the car to be cleaned, trim to be replaced, and the Bluetooth to be installed. When I brought the car in, the service department was not even aware of me and didn't have me on the appointment schedule. They did fit me in, and gave me a FILTHY loaner (sticky seats, crumbs all over the place, cigarettes and garbage in the consoles and glove compartment) that they said I might have for a day at the most.

We have been REPEATEDLY lied to about the status of the repair. In trying to backpedal, they lie more. Finally, after having the loaner for over a week (longer than I drove the car I bought before I brought it in for service), we started to complain. We were met with rudeness, more lies, and my husband was even cursed at by the Service Manager and told that if he kept acting like an **, that we'd get less than nothing from them.

I immediately went to the dealer in person to complain. The sales manager told me that I was lucky to even have a car to drive from them and when I complained about the amount of gas this loaner uses compared to the hybrid that I bought for economic reasons, he thought throwing money at me was the answer. When I said that would help, he was AGHAST that money did not solve the problem.

Needless to say, I was AGAIN promised my car for today. I'm still waiting. I don't expect it, or a check, or anything else from these rude men. Do not deal with any of them, especially their incompetent, lying, service department. If I could tell them to keep the car and get my money back at this point, I would.

While buying the car over a 2-day period, we went over the price numerous times. At one point, we found out there is a $995.00 fee over the special internet price. They tell you it is on the website but I could not find it anywhere; however, the salesman, Frank, did tell me this. So when you are all agreed to the price and you put insurance on the car and a down payment the next day, the car is supposed to go through certification process - 150-point inspection of which the best I can tell is they did it at best half - the car wasn't even washed. It was difficult getting the checklist which I asked for and I am convinced was created on the spot. What really pisses you off is that after all this, you wait for the finance guy that I am supposed to hand the bank check (already made out to Apple Honda) to and he then tells you there is a math error and I owe $1000 more!!!!!! What a Scam!

I purchased a used Honda from this establishment which was supposed to be Honda-certified. I was shocked to find out that when I picked it up, the brakes were squeaking immediately afterwards. After doing some investigating, I discovered that the brakes weren't even inspected because they were worn to the calipers and replaced with non-Honda parts. Then I had the tire gauge come on consistently in which they needed to replace the nozzles in each tire. Then my car had multiple lights come on informing me of the battery-IMA problem.

After numerous visits, I had to have them replace the whole battery system. Finally, when I thought this was the end of my problems, I discovered that the rear caliper is wearing out my tires but Honda nor Apple Honda service team agreed to fix it. They just ignored me. I highly recommend you not purchase any car from this car dealership. Apple Honda is not customer friendly and does not stand by their product! Shame on Honda as well.

My wife and I traded in our 2008 Honda Accord that we purchased from Apple Honda of Riverhead, New York for a Ford. It was while we were at the Ford dealer that the Ford salesman started looking through all the paperwork that we received when we purchased our 2008 Honda. And he found things that were added on to the sale of the Honda that we never knew about and weren't told about. When I say "weren't told about", I mean that the Honda salesman and subsequent "loan writer" (or whatever the title is for the guy that sits in the separate room and has the purchasers fill out and sign all the paperwork) never specifically stated what each extra item was for and how much it cost (that would add to the bottom line of the sale).

There were four add-ons that we did not know about (they never explained in a detailed, understandable manner) that the Honda dealer tacked on: (1) a Zurich extended warranty (which is not a Honda warranty) that cost a lot extra (in the neighborhood of $2000), (2) a completely separate insurance policy by Virginia Surety Company and TD Auto Finance that was there to cover the fact that if the theft deterrent system failed to work properly and the vehicle suffered damage/theft, it would be covered, (3) NSD Motor Club Key/Remote Replacement Coverage, and the best (4) the Paintless Dent Repair Program (Huh!? Paintless dent repair?! What's that? A plunger on the door that pulls out the dent?).

Now get this. The Honda Dealer told us, and listed on the NYS Retail Certificate of Sale that the vehicle cost $15,327, which is what we were told and what we thought was the "bottom line price". But, and this is a big but, on all the financing paperwork, the vehicle is listed at $18,693.00! $3366.00 went south someplace! But because the Honda dealer conveniently set up automatic deductions from my wife's bank account for the loan payments, it wasn't picked up until the salesman at the Ford dealership just happened to get curious at some discrepancies that he found.

So, I cannot recommend Apple Honda for any vehicle purchase since the sales process seems to be cloaked with "smoke and mirrors" so that the purchaser does not really know what s/he is purchasing. I realize the old expression "Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)" exists but please, the average "Mr. and Mrs. Joe Public" doesn't have a law degree and hopes that when purchasing a large ticket item such as an automobile, s/he isn't taken advantage of.

My mechanic found out that a vehicle we had a deposit on was totally modded out from suspension, cold air intake, high performance gauges and too many to list. Honda converted the vehicle back to stock and never informed us it had originally been set up for racing. Upon talking to the manager, he told us that some people like the cars set up that way. The car had the Honda certified badge on it and still had the cold air intake. Because of the work it voided the original warranty and they wouldn't give us any warranty at all. We got our deposit back but were treated in a very rude, unprofessional manner.

I filed a complaint against this company, then subsequently included some pertinent personal information that I don't want included and/or divulged in a public forum. I'm formally requesting a withdrawal of this complaint, so that I may have an opportunity to edit the complaint; so that it doesn't violate my right to privacy. I called your number for Consumer Affairs and submitted a request by phone, and tried to submit my request via e-mail, but your webpage kept telling me that I left the message box area blank, when in fact, I had left a detailed message in the message area

My son submitted an appication for a loan through the Apple Honda Dealership, and we were informed on two separate occasions by the salesman John Jay Morgan, that the loan had been approved by Honda Financing.

Two weeks later we received a letter from Honda Finance Corporation that the loan had been declined , without explaing why the application had received a negative dispostion.

When the dealership was queried about the misrepresentaion by the salesman John Jay Morgan, the salesman first claimed that he had not contacted us regarding a positive dispostion on the loan. He later claimed that he " misunderstood the information that he had received from his finance department.

In addition , during this same time period, the finance department had contacted us directly, and informed us that we had received a postive dispostion on the loan, pending verification of my physical address.

When I requested to speak to the owner, I was told I was being afforded the opportunity to speak to the V.P. of Operations of the dealership, and tto find out that I was speaking to not the V.P. in charge of Apple Honda, but the sales manager, Ron Basilio.

He wanted me to believe that the salesman had "misunderstood " the dispostion of the loan by their finance department, even though the salesman first denied having contacted us on two separate occasions , informing us that the loan was approved, and the having the saqles manager claim that it must have been a case of "human error".

For any prospective customer , seeking to purchase a Honda, Apple Honda is the LAST place I would suggest you take your business too, if your looking to be treated with, honesty, respect , and integrity.

P.P.S. IThe aforesaid loan application was submitted to Honda finacing without tthe signature of one of the applicants, which is illegal.

My husband and I have been Honda customers for 6+ yrs. My lease came due, so we went to Apple Honda to purchase a used vehicle. Apple was not our first choice because our dealings with the lease were not good but we thought they would give us the best deal to keep a repeat customer. We found a vehicle we were interested in, we were upfront with what we could pay, financial history, etc., talked preliminary numbers and it seemed we could work out a good deal.

All paperwork was exchanged and 2 weeks later, we had an appointment to sit with the finance dept to sign everything.

We sat down with finance dept, down payment and pen in hand to be told the payment was $80 dollars more a month than we were quoted. We started to have flashbacks of the same thing that happened with our lease, told one payment and when we were ready to sign, the payment is significantly different. Of course rates change, our percentage rate was higher than we thought but all that considered the total they came up with to be financed and what we came up with were thousands off. We left to talk things over because quite honestly we were confused that we could be so far off. The next day, I called the finance dept to go over the numbers again.

Several calls later they still came back with a payment that just didn't add up. I am not a mathematician but I know how to add and subtract. We gave them every opportunity to explain what other fees were being added on and what they were for, but they offered no explanation. Ultimately they just stopped returning our calls and we went somewhere else.

I purchased my 2007 Honda Accord in August of 2009. When I purchased the car, I also paid $595 for the Honda Certification, which I was told "Ensures only Honda parts are in the vehicle" and an extended warranty. Fast forward to December 27 when I noticed a gaping hole in the front passenger bumper, I know I didn't hit anything but obviously it has to be fixed. I immediately took my car to get an estimate where Paul (automotive repair shop) starts pulling out pieces of Bonda, wood, pop sickle sticks and duct tape. He told me that previous damage has occurred and was repaired unprofessionally and wrongly. Swiftly after getting an estimate, I took the vehicle to Apple Honda of Riverhead where I relay the events to the General Sales Manager Ron where I am immediately accused of hitting something.

During this time I showed him the Bonda and other pieces but still I am accused of lying that I didn't hit something. A few tense words were thrown from myself and Ron and ultimately the entire experience was completely unprofessional on Apple Honda's behalf, especially Ron's. During the conversation, I was accused of lying, I was mocked at, laughed at and the experience was demeaning. I was told by Ron that I would be contacted by Saturday (this was Thursday) with his decision on whether or not they were going to do the repairs.

When Saturday came, I waited until 4 pm when I gave him a call just to find out that they weren't going to fix it. I contacted Honda Corporation where I was made aware that along with the Honda Certification comes a 150-point checklist and there should be a completed checklist in the vehicle's glove compartment. There was no such certification. Honda Corporation then made me aware that at Automobiles.Honda.com, one can find the checklist. Sure enough #130: Appearance inspection exterior front bumper and Fascia guards and finish.

If the dealership did the proper 150-degree checklist prior to me purchasing the car, they would have noticed the debris used to repair the bumper. Because Apple Honda refused to repair the car, I had to pay $813.49 for the repairs after I have already paid the $595 for the Honda Certification. I have contacted several agencies and am pursuing legal action for the amount of repairs. I am absolutely appalled at the unprofessionalism and downright corrupt work that this dealership handles. My family has bought several cars from the dealership but because of this problem Apple Honda will be losing our patronage as well as anyone we come into contact with.

When I was first buying the used truck, repairs were not done until I showed them, for the second time. I was lied to by the sales men and the Finance Department. The truck was brought back twice for the same problem. They had it for 1 week, then 2 weeks, then billed me $108.00 for repairs. I was not told about the $100 deductible. The Service Department people were nice; the management people were rude and arrogant. And to top it off, I have a VIP card they gave me; and I came to find out that the sales men Timio and Chris from Finance no longer work there.

Apple Honda Company Profile