Advantage Toyota Scion

Valley Stream, NY

Located on the border of Queens and Nassau County, Our Toyota and Scion dealership is a Beautiful Place to Buy, Lease, or Service a Beautiful Car or Truck in the greater New York City area. We offer perks including complimentary car washes, state inspections, manicures, piping hot coffee and chilled water in our comfortable lounge, and our trademark service, delivered by friendly and knowledgeable people in our Sales, Finance, Service, and Parts departments. Check us out on our Social Media channels.

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had an appointment to get my car serviced at Advantage Toyota. I arrived 20 minutes early and was assisted immediately. Had a cup of coffee at the clean, comfortable waiting area and the car express maintenance was done in less than one hour at no charge. Everyone was attentive and very nice. I love Toyota and specially Advantage Toyota. I will recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy and or service a Toyota.

I have replaced my battery and service from Advantage Toyota few months back now. Few times the battery went down and I got stuck. I used jumpers from other car and brought the car in the service center; I had to wait 4:30 hrs because they said they were doing diagnostic and changing it. At the end they said it should be fine and the battery should not stop. After one week battery went down and I got stuck again. I felt so bad.

I had to brought the car back in the service center again; this time Mr. Andy (service Rep) were echoing the same thing that they need to do all diagnostic and again I may have to wait longer! Well, I have waited for 4 hours again and they still didn't change the battery. I am not satisfied at all!!! The battery have 3 years of warranty and I should get the replacement. Advantage Toyota is NOT a good service center and definitely NOT helpful and customer friendly. I did not get my paid service accurately and had have hard time. I Definitely NOT recommend this service center.

I traded in my Camry for a RAV4. Manager said I got 9.1 interest rate. At signing contract it was 9.19. He said he got me extra care 84/1000k, which I never asked for but he said I don't have to pay for but it's on my invoice. Optional mechanical payment I never authorized and my car had scratches that was not repaired. I asked for scratches to be repaired before I pick up the car but when I got there nothing was done. I have bought 3 cars from Toyota and I have lost trust in the brand because of dishonesty. This will be my last Toyota.

Buying or leasing a car is very stressful but thanks to the staff at Advantage Toyota in Valley Stream... my entire experience was quick and pleasant. Did not get any pressure from the salesman. Manager was very polite and finance manager was very sharp and interesting. I highly recommend Advantage Toyota.

I take my car to get it service. When I return to pick it up I noticed it had a dent to the door. I informed the service representative. He agreed to fix it and also to give me a loaner car, so I said "let's have the loaner car." He then continue that they have no loaner car so I have to wait until next week. I decided to get my car fix and give them the bill. The manager have the nerve to tell me they have to do the work at their shop and they are not paying. So now they mess up my car, refused to pay, I refused to have them do anymore work on my car. I basically pay them for a service I did not received because of the damage done to my car. It's my vehicle, I have the right where to get it repair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advantage Toyota Scion?

Contacted this dealership via email on a Friday evening to confirm the availability of a specific used van. The dealership confirm that the vehicle was available. After a few back and forth questions about the vehicle I informed them that my wife and I would be there the next day to test drive. We were given a "VIP" appointment time and received a confirmation e-mail at 8:57pm. On Saturday my wife and I drove 380 miles from Virginia to arrive for our VIP appointment. When we arrived a salesperson checked on the vehicle and informed us that the vehicle was sold last evening. We were furious. My wife and I drove back to Virginia and after 760 miles, $78 in tolls, and over $60 in fuel we arrived home with nothing.

I sent an e-mail to the general manager and as of 4 days never heard a response. I'm guessing that the dealership was hoping we would show up knowing the vehicle was being purchased with the intent of talking us into something else we didn't want. Obviously we would not recommend this dealership and want to warn others what you might be getting into if you are considering this place. The lack of an explanation or an apology from the GM speaks volumes about their concern.

Bad dealership management. Arrived at noon but was denied a wash and service of my ride. Manager is not in charge of the situation. He ask them to return my vehicle and it was not done. They failed to respect him. My vehicle was not returned to me until half an hour later.. although NOTHING was done to it. WOW! Overwhelming long hour waiting to have car serviced. Retaliation by staff after verbalizing my disgust about the situation. Cut off time was approx 12:30pm for the rest of the day. Closure time for Saturday is 5:00pm. Advantage? Is that the best that you've got? Manager did not get my car back to me in a timely fashion, everyone is busy, no time for customers, waiting lounge was overcrowded. Did not deliver as they said that they would.

My experience at Toyota Advantage was amazing. ** was extremely helpful and off the charts. As a first-time car buyer he was able to break down all the logistics and work out a great deal for me. I would recommend this location to any future Toyota buyers.

Compared to most car dealers, Advantage Toyota is the best. They have major inventory and the customer service is exceptional. They help you every step of the way. Mohammed ** put every effort into helping me get the best deal for my budget despite my circumstances. They give you lots of perks, like free car wash and inspections for life. I would never go anywhere else ever again. Advantage Toyota is my home.

I went to Advantage Toyota last week to look for a new car. I had been in an accident and needed a new car. I walked in to a very clean lovely showroom, was greeted by a lovely young lady at a desk when I first walked in but sadly was given a very disheveled, unkempt salesperson named Shanna who was equally as boisterous and unprofessional in her behavior as well as she was in her appearance. She was very abrupt and made me feel like she couldn't be bothered with me because I was undecided on which car I wanted to get. I had full intentions of buying a car that day and did at Star Toyota where I had a truly wonderful salesperson who treated me with the courteous, patience and professionalism that Shanna lacks.

We went to Advantage Toyota because my wife likes Toyotas. Her old car treated her good. When we walked in, we were met by Josephine **, a sales person at Advantage Toyota. She was very professional and took the time to explain everything about the vehicles we looked at. She treated us as a friend after my wife drove and found the car she liked. Josephine took the time to explain all the lease and purchase info. We wound up getting the best price and leased the vehicle. She took us to the finance manager who was Mohammed. He treated us with respect and dignity and also treated us as friends. He was very professional and took his time to explain everything. I would definitely recommend using him as your F.I. Man and Josephine as your sales person. You won't be sorry. We wound up leasing 2 vehicles from Advantage Toyota, my wife one and I the other.

Go to Advantage Toyota and deal with these two individuals. They are great people. I can't understand why people have written negative things about this dealer. Maybe it's because they didn't deal with Mohammed and Josephine. Go in and ask for them. You will be happy you did. Again thanks, Josephine and Mohammed for the pleasant experience we both had dealing with you, and Advantage Toyota Valley Stream.

The finance manager "Mohammad" is extremely unprofessional. He was very rude and I absolutely will never recommend for anyone to trust him with such an important purchase. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

I bought a 2012 Sienna from Advantage. I am physically disabled & prior to picking up the vehicle, they had my van equipped (at my expense) with the hand controls I need to drive. Four months after purchasing this van, Hurricane Sandy destroyed the van. I called Advantage & the same dealer was assigned. I gave him my mom's credit card for a deposit & was told all that mom & I (we were leasing together) had to do was come in & sign a few papers. The day we went to sign a "few" papers was also the day we were to sign the lease on our new apartment. We had to postpone the lease signing to the next day because the dealer did not initiate the paperwork. We were there almost 6 hours! The salesman Tony said he had a car identical to the one I lost in the storm. This was true, but I learned that I could not have it because we were leasing. I had to take a 2013 & the identical van was a 2012. I was left with a choice of 3 colors, none of which was acceptable, but I had to choose 1 as time was of the essence.

Arrangements were made for the hand controls to be installed on Monday for me to pick the van up on Wednesday. We paid for the hand controls & installation over the phone. When I got to the dealer to pick up the van, they had not gotten the hand controls installed & denied making this arrangement with me. I had been dropped off at Advantage by a friend to pick up the van & had to risk driving the van without hand controls. It was a week before another appointment could be made to have the hand controls installed. In the mean time, I had a brand new van I could not drive. When I got home, I discovered that while Advantage had given me 2 sets of keys to the new van, they did not give me any remotes. To date, I do not have remotes to lock & unlock the van with.

I have received notice to bring my van in for some kind of check but I refuse to bring it to Advantage because of how horribly I was treated. That is the same reason that I still do not have the remotes. I would travel out of state to buy a car before I would buy another car from Advantage. In fact my mom was also going to purchase a new car about a month after I did. She was going to go to Advantage but because of the horrible way they treated me, she went to Chevy & bought a Malibu instead.

Advantage Toyota in Valley Stream blows! I purchased my car on 12/4/12 and to date, they still have not paid off the balance due on my trade-in. I am currently receiving collection calls on a car that I don't even own anymore. I was told by several salespeople that my first payment would be due in 45 days. Not true! The fact of the matter is that the payment is due 30 days later and you have a 10-day grace period. So they effectively took away my grace period. No one returns calls and when you call them, they either keep you on hold, disconnect the call or finally transfer you to someone who can't help! Stay far away from Advantage Toyota in Valley Stream!

I purchased a used car in July, 2012, and administrative fees were added into the sale price, which I did not expect. I feel that these additional fees should not be allowed.

I bought a 'certified used' car, issues found were: tires were 30% good, one had unrepairable holes and cost me $300. Brakes were bad and need to push all the way down to make them work. They did not send carfax after several requests

Please do not buy vehicle here. Cheats and scammers, especially Rob **.

On Jan 02, 2011 I purchased a 2010 Corolla Stock # T525 VIN #1NXBU4EE3AZ226788 for my daughter in response to a company ad (which I still have). It was a dealer loaner car with 10,631 miles. The ad states 7 yr 100K powertrain warranty, 7 yr 100K roadside, and 2 yrs of scheduled maintenance. The add clearly states this and shows stock and VIN #'s that match my bill of sale. Jan 18th the car was serviced for an electrical issue and she was given a loaner vehicle and her car was fixed at no charge with no problems. June 14th I brought the vehicle to a Mobile gas station in RVC NY for a $19.95 oil change/tire rotation special (didnt feel like waiting at a dealer for an oil change), I was informed the filter cover was on to tight and they didnt want to break it so they would just change the fluid. July 07, 2011

I decided the filter should be changed and since it was covered to bring it to the dealer this time. My daughter contacted Advantage to have the filter element changed and was told that the car was due for the 15K mile check up. She told them it was for the oil filter only and was told she had 2 years or 25K miles of covered maintenance. She asked if there was anf fee and was told it was ALL covered under her maintenance coverage. Thurs July 14th she dropped off her car and was given a loaner and told her car would be done the next day, again she inquired about cost and was told the loaner vehicle and all work on her vehicle was covered at no cost to her. My daughter returned on Friday July 15th after a call that her car was ready. She was charged $271.00 for a 15K mile maintenance service.

Employee Nicoletta Lucchese heard my daughters complaints that this should be all covered and she called the Service Mgr Chris Punger, who told my daughter that she did not have coverage and must pay or they would not release the car.My daughter put it on her Visa and came home. I placed 2 calls to Mgr Punger and no return calls, I then called for the dealership owner and was told that Mgr Punger would call me Saturday July 16th.

I went to see Svc Mgr Punger with all my documents at 1pm Saturday where he walked them into the new car manager and returned and said the maintenance program didnt start until a month ago and was not valid irregardless of what the advertisement states. I asked him to help me from writing complaints to various agencies on Monday and I again showed him that everything was in writing as he could clearly see and it shows that I am covered and he said "you have to do what you have to do". I had asked him for the dealership owners phone # and he said "he will never call you" and didn't give me his #.

This place is run by a bunch of scammers. Even though you would think a new Toyota dealership is regulated by Toyota Motor, but it is essentially not.

This dealership in Lynbrook NY, adds 'paperwork' $375.00 fees to new car invoices! Sometimes they add two of them; On other time s, they add only one! They are not a legitimate operation. I have made Toyota Motor America aware of these scammers. The owner of this place owns many new car dealerships, but is zero involved in the day-to-day activities of any of his places. This clearly included Advantage in Lynbrook. They are a greasy group of people in a high volume Toyota dealership. I hope one day, Toyota has enough complaints and shuts them down.! try placing a deposit on a used auto, then back out for a reason a few days later. They will do whatever they can to not refund the deposit.

I'll make it simple. Read your contract carefully. I called them on it and I never heard from them again. And, never, ever, leave a deposit! They cost me time and money.

1/16/10, I signed the lease contract with Advantage Toyota and paid the deposit. The contract was approved by the sales manager. 2/6/10, they called me to pick up the car. In the dealership, they refused to follow the contract and required additional fees. I would appreciate if you could help me get the car according to the contract.

My husband and I purchased a car on 11-9-08. On 11-10-08, we made an overpayment of $25.00 to Mr. ** in cash. Mr. ** said they do not give change back in cash, that they have to mail me a check. By 12-29-08, we still did not receive the refund. My husband went to Toyota and spoke to Mr. ** again about the refund. Mr. ** said he would submit the request again and gave my husband the check request form he submitted. On 4-6-09, my husband spoke on the phone with Mr. ** about still not receiving the check and Mr. ** said he would call me back and never did. It is now 4-7-09 and my husband called Advantage Toyota to speak to a manager and he was kept on hold for 20 minutes with no one coming back to the phone. It has now been 5 months and still no refund on my over payment nor any help receiving it.

I am writing this letter to complain about the following shameful and deceitful car sale abuses imposed on me by Advantage Toyota Scion, located at Lynbrook, NY 11563 at the hands of these 3 individuals: Angel Luis S (Floor salesman), Daniel H (Finance manager) and the dealership owner/general manager (who did nothing when I called to complain):

1. Dealer Markups of the Interest Rate: Despite the fact that Angel promised us (My girlfriend and I) a much lower interest than the one imposed on me by Daniel at the time of papers signing. They literally stopped me from shopping around for financing and instead offered me financing by Toyota corp. at a rate of 9.69% (even with a good credit score.)

2. Junk Products and Fees: Such as tire fee ($12.50), TMCC Gap Waiver ($170.00), Registration and inspection fees ($67.50). When I called DMV to get refund on registration I just renewed on the car I traded-in, I was told the dealer had used it for the new car.

3. Service Contracts: Toyota Extra care ($2500), Toyota Auto care ($1400.00). After waiting two hours to see Daniel, supposedly to talk about financing; he just printed what must have been one thousand forms for me to sign, without explaining anything. Later on, as I was driving in to work, I took the time to read the forms and realized I have just been another innocent victim of predatory lending. I called Daniel (at least twenty times) to try to undo the damage; he told me it was too late because I have already signed all the forms.) I subsequently called the GM to hear the same explanation.

Furthermore, when I first talked to Angel, I explained to him that I wanted 5-year financing as well as trading in my 2002 Nissan and putting down an additional $500.00 in order to get a newer and more reliable car. Instead, at signing, Daniel wanted $1000 plus the Nissan and I did not realize until later that they had locked me in for 6-year financing.

These guys should be ashamed of themselves!!!! I am so outraged

On 2/20/08, I contact Advantage Toyota and spoke with Ms. Jackson informing her that my vehicle was involved in a accident on 12/21/07 and body repairs was done by Finish Line Collision. However, I was not completely satisfied with Finish Line because they did not take regards to the complaints about the noise in coming from the engine/ in front of the car, the shaking, the car dragging on the right side and car hesitating after acceleration.

On 2/23/08 I confirmed appointment with Ms. Jackson for diagnostic check pertaining to complaints scheduled on 2/25/08. Ms. Jackson informed me that Diagnostic varies from $98 - $245 depending on what they check for. Ms. Jackson further states that she had services rendered by Finish Line and that Advantage Toyota also affiliates with Finish Line.

On 2/25/08, my vehicle was received by Advantage Toyota service Department.

Upon explaining my concerns about the performance of my car Mr. M. Juodzevich stated that since she had services done by Finish Line she needs to go back there since this is an insurance matter because they do not do work after another company job. I informed him that I was not satisfied completely with Finish Line's services therefore I don not want Finish Line to service my car and this is the reason why I brought my car to Toyota. Ms. Jackson further states that she has good relationship with Finish Line Supervisor- Caesar and she will contact them.

Later in the evening, Ms. Jackson called informing me that after checking my car the diagnostic did not show anything but she realized that I had the air control button pointing to defrost and heating of the foot. Ms. Jackson stated that if I had the controls on this then the car will vibrate since the air is coming from the A/C.

She also states that my rear back tire on the passenger side had a nail in it and they changed it which I will be charged $20 to fix it. I request a test drive with a specialist on 2/26/08 and Ms. Jackson agreed to arranged this. On 2/26/08, I went to Toyota for test drive but Ms. Jackson, was not present and I did not receive a test drive. I also asked for a copy of the diagnostic reports but I was informed that they did not have a diagnostic report because they used a scantool. No one knew what I was talking about nor could they find the paperwork explaining what services my car received. Eventually, they found the paperwork which the diagnostic check states that a scantool was used and vehicle test drove vehicle operating within Toyota specifications. Toyota failed to comply with my request and whatever was discussed between Finish Line and Toyota service agents, my complaints were not taken into consideration. Therefore I feel like I was taken Advantage of by Advantage Toyota

and I was mocked by their staff members as I exiting the building.

Advantage Toyota Scion Company Profile