Find a Car Dealerships partner

Avenel, NJ

4.0/5 (32 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Richard Lucas Chevrolet delivers the highest quality new and used Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs. Along with their amazing inventory, they are dedicated to making sure you are 100% satisfied with the service you receive. They serve nearby Avenel, Edison, and Woodbridge drivers.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Richard Lucas Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Richard Lucas Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Richard Lucas Chevrolet?

Original review: May 11, 2016

Terrific purchasing experience!!! Mr. Cameron ** and the entire team were the best.

Original review: May 10, 2016

The salesman Syed ** was very knowledgeable and professional. He got us a great deal. I'm definitely going to be a returning customer for future purchases and will highly recommend him and the dealership to family and friends.

Original review: May 1, 2016

I tried calling another dealership initially, but was treated very poorly, so I tried Richard Lucas. My salesman was Hatem and the day that I went was his first day on the floor. I felt that he did a good job at explaining the different features of the vehicles I was interested in. General Manager Marty and another salesman Michael also helped me that day and were both really friendly. No one was pushy like you'd expect at a dealership and they were all honest and upfront about pricing, etc. I had a pleasant experience as a 21 year old first-time buyer! I ended up leasing a 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited! I recommend this place, for sure! Overall satisfied with the service I received.

Original review: April 14, 2016

Service and sales people are very welcoming and well experienced in their fields. I feel at home with them. Excellent work place.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I had a great experience at Richard Lucas. Marty and Syed got me a great deal on a brand new car.

No response received
Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Can't begin to explain what a bad experience this was. Not going to go through the list of issues of which there were many except to say lying and tough guy mentality were displayed throughout. I was astounded on how they handled some of the issues towards a customer. Guess they don't really care after you leave the door.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 14, 2015

Scheduled an appointment online and asked to be contacted by phone instead of e-mail. Received an e-mail instead of phone call telling me that I would be contacted about appointment. Didn't happen. Had to call dealer at which time I was told service request wasn't received (had to because I received an e-mail). Consequently scheduled by my phone call. Don't know why online scheduling is offered if there is no follow-up.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I called the dealership today and was greeted by a very angry person. I decided to stop by anyway. I entered the lobby expecting to be greeted by one or two salespeople. Except they were all outside talking and smoking. I stood there in the middle of the lobby and a salesperson walked by me and continued to walk away. He then returned but refused to offer any assistance. There was another salesperson who stood watching me and eventually approached me. He then offered to get someone else to help me because he was in the middle of a sale. He approached the men who were outside and they all shook their head no and someone said, "No way!" The next person he asked to help me came out of the office and told me they were closed. If so, then why was the entrance door unlocked? This has been the worst car shopping experience I've had. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Original review: March 7, 2015

Buyer beware!!! They are a bunch of rip offs!!! Richard Lucas, the owner should not be allowed to represent Chevrolet. He is a ruthless con artist!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

They tried to charge me more $ on loan than it should have cost, only after I pressed them for amortized printout of loan did the number become correct. Also I paid extra for nav/entertainment system, they put in an aftermarket entertainment system that never worked properly. I waited w/o vehicle for 10 days while they installed it, then I brought back 4 times in attempt to fix, they could not, so told them to give my money back and re-installed stock stereo, they agreed. Since they have installed it I've been back twice and still have no sound on radio/phone, and now no back up sensors. I was told call service manager, I did 3x, no return call. I finally just spoke to a service guy who took info, said he'd call back when they had a loaner car... still waiting, it’s been 4 days. Customer service is horrific. I've bought 5 new chevys over last 20 yrs and this is the worst experience I've ever had. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO LUCAS CHEVROLET AGAIN!!!

Richard Lucas Chevrolet Company Information