Pine Belt Chevrolet

Lakewood & Toms River, NJ

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

What some people don't understand is if you're signing up for buying a car you have to be wiling to spend money. I purchased a used Dodge Ram, it was pretty much and brand new condition and very clean. I ended up getting my car scuffed and had bad stains in the back seat from my dog. I brought it back and they gave me a full gorgeous detail. My car was brand new again! They all around have the best service and ownership.

I went with my Dad to check out some cars I found on for my first ever car purchase. Dear God, I did not know what I was walking into. Daniel ** approached me and not even 1 minute into talking with him he would not shut up and kept on running numbers after numbers until my Dad told him I am just looking. He gave me a headache and even asked us if he was being too pushy during this. If you have to ask customers if you are being pushy then obviously you are and I'm not that guy that will tell him off. But it's a damn shame because now I have to tell everyone off so I never run into this hell again.

What pissed me off most was how Daniel ** ALWAYS lies. I gave my information to Daniel ** in the showroom partly because he said he needed it or he would get in trouble for spending hours with me looking at cars. The other part was because he kept writing numbers on paper during our visit about my monthly payments and said they were all hypothetical guesses in which he isn't allowed to do. So he wanted to check my credit to see how much it would really cost me.

He assured me he would run a soft inquiry on my credit and it would not go down. It ended up being 2 hard ones which dropped my score like 15 points and I wasn't approved. I made it clear to Daniel over the phone after our visit that I just wanted to see how much my monthly payments would be. Because of the potential financial issues I was waiting on to find out the outcome of and to look up my future insurance costs. Dan also kept on talking about the 72 months free financing that they never do which I always see.

So I end up going back to Pine Belt in like a month or two after being denied still mad from the constant lies and wasted time. I ask to speak to the manager David ** about my situation. He ends up being a liar too. What kind of ** show are they running here? He said he's never heard of a soft inquiry even when I told him what it was.

Dude is like 60 years old, were you born yesterday? You're in the business of selling cars. You have to know what a soft inquiry is. So he says I signed the long yellow sheet called an easy purchase with my information saying they can run my credit. So I say prove it because I never signed **. He ends up coming back with 3 papers and says okay you didn't sign it, it was over the phone. Which was a lie so I ask for copies of them to take to a lawyer. He says, "I don't have to give you them but I will." So he goes and makes a copy and says the yellow long sheet without my signature on it and information are copyright and he can't give them to me. He does make me copies of the other two papers saying they check my credit score. I'm not 100% sure but when David first brought out the paperwork I think one was run from TransUnion and the other sheet was Equifax.

He ends up bringing me 2 copies of the same sheet from Equifax claiming they are different even though they are exactly the same. He must think I am either blind or retarded because they were the same sheet which said my credit was not run to Equifax. All I wanted is David to remove my hard inquiries because I did not give written permission to run my credit. If I wanted to buy the car I would of test drove it and I even received an email asking how my test drive went. The email furthers the fact that they were wrong and are trying to cover up their mistakes.

Daniel ** did say to my Dad over the phone after our trip at pine belt that he did see if I would be approved for a more cheap used car than a brand new one I was shown. Since I was lied to so many times I asked David ** while I was talking to him if he can find out if Daniel ** really didn't lie about running my credit for a used car. After an hour of waiting to talk to the guy over the phone that apparently David ** said was going to call to talk to me, I left there for good.

I didn't realize how ** Daniel ** was until later when I went to Lakewood Toyota and Honda Universe and dealt with their salesman. However, I ended up getting my car from Edines. It truly amazes me how everyone I've dealt with at Pine belt keeps lying. If I was in the wrong I wouldn't lie to protect myself. So now I understand where David **, Daniel **, and Joseph ** get their lies from. It obviously must be a required trait to work for Pine Belt.

If anyone doesn't believe what I say I challenge you to go here and deal with Daniel ** and David ** afterward if you have any issue. Also, go to Honda Universe and take notes of the guy I dealt with there named Austin **. Then tell me otherwise and about your experience. Austin is the most chill, informative and helpful salesman I've dealt with. I wish I could have bought a car from Austin because he deserves the money.

2 not 1 but twice different weeks/months tried to walk in and get an Oil Change! Little nothing Oil Change! 1st month Lady Service Rep... Said "No we can't get you in! Must make an appt! We can't do walk-ins..." I said "For an Oil Change?" She said "No!" What the Hell! Huge Dealership and Service Center can't take a walk in on an Oil Change!!! Horrible!! Month later walked in different time and day... Same thing, old man said "Hold on", he went and asked Service Manager or Assistant and He said "Gotta make an Appointment." Whatever excuse!! Worst Chevy Service ever I came across in 27 years!! If Owner only knew how much business walked from these actions!! Word of mouth travels miles! Absolutely Horrible!! Place gets 0. ZERO Stars!!!

The salesmen are unfriendly and impatient. I would strongly recommend staying away from this dealership as they have no patience for questions, get angry with you and try to intimidate you if you negotiate while trying to sell everything at MSRP. Don't make the mistake I made in going there, stay away! There seem to be a lot of positive reviews, but they are all too perfect. I believe they have fake accounts created to lure people into their business with positive reviews that don't match the reality of the experience.

I purchased a used 2012 Chevy Silverado. I was under the impression I was paying 25,999 as the ad clearly stated. When I was discussing the sale with the sales rep. (Frank) I questioned why the price was 27,894. He explained to me that the additional fees were added in for taxes, tags, etc. since we weren't putting money down. In addition to the sales price he added 1,895 not described on our contract. Then in addition to these so called dealer prep fees he proceeded to add in all the extra fees that were supposed to be included in that 1,895.

This additional 1,895 dealers prep fees is costing us approximately 4,822.73 by the end of the loan. We went there to try and resolve this matter and spoke with David, general manager, and he said they do that charge that extra 1,895 to everyone who isn't a existing Pine Belt Customer. It is misleading. It wasn't included as a dealer prep fee on our contract, it was added into the cost of the vehicle to hide it. I am very frustrated by their dishonesty and their lack of effort to resolve this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pine Belt Chevrolet?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

My 2011 Nissan has been in to Pine Belt now for the third time since we purchased it and **, the used car sales manager, basically stated they will not fix the leaking windshield correctly. If I had wanted a swimming pool, that's what I would have bought!!!

The dealership failed to get me my registration within 30 days and I lost use of my vehicle for three days due the temporary plates were now expired and to their incompetence. When I addressed their sales manager he took a lackadaisical attitude like it was not a big deal. He also tried to blame motor vehicle of which it was an outright lie. The sales manager also said I was one of those people who has a conspiracy theory attitude.

I then gave them one more chance by calling the general manager. He initially took my call and said he would look in to it. He left one phone message that the registration was now in the regular mail not even overnighted. Then he failed to return my next three calls. I would never buy another car from them ever again. I hope this will save someone else the grief I had to deal with.

I saw a vehicle that seemed to good to be true at I was promptly contacted by Pine Belt about the request by email. My husband and I filled the credit app and that's when we were contacted by the financial department. I was appalled by his attitude that he was tough but didn't care, and that he was proud of being somewhat rude. At first the deal didn't seem too bad but we had another dealership we were working with at the same time and Pine Belt proceeded to bad-mouth the other dealer. He was fast-talking and didn't seem open to answering my questions. I felt very intimidated by the whole process.

I had my husband contact the finance department the next day and that's when it went all horribly wrong. My husband realized Final cost had an approximate $800 fee for cleaning and prepping the car for sale. He wasn't willing to pay that fee. My husband talked on the phone with him and the deal fell apart because of the fees added on to make the car almost a thousand dollars more than the True Car promise. My husband ended the phone call and that's when I called them back to inquire as to what happened. I asked to speak with my sales associate but she was never available. They kept transferring me to the finance department which wasn't what I asked for.

I talked to the finance guy again about the deal and he said he would call me back because he was too busy to talk and he was not in the right office. Instead he consistently texted my husband instead of me, and raising the cost of the vehicle. It felt like a bait and switch on the cost. When my husband texted the finance guy about wanting the price listed on True Car, that is when the finance guy promptly texted him back...Stated that my husband was to cease and Desist from any further communication. Is this how they handle negotiations??? Haggling over price is typical in the car business but they treated us like we were terrible people for that. We were not rude to them so we were totally perplexed by his response.

I called and asked for my sales rep to inquire again why their finance guy wrote this text and they put me on hold...Sent me to nondescript voice mail. I had to call four more times to finally get to manager ** and he said, "It was all a misunderstanding." I asked, "Is telling your customers not to contact them in the bargains phase normal?" He repeated his reply. He put me on hold and then proceeded to tell me the vehicle had been sold that morning, which seemed impossible because we were still in the process of buying it. Why would they try to sell me a car that didn't exist?

** called me back with some other more expensive vehicles and when I asked him to look at different deals, he said he would call me back...Well, he never did. I feel like this is a bait and switch company that lures you in with low prices on the Internet but tacks on tremendous fees. When you question the fees they shut you down. They were very unpleasant, do not answer phones, and treat customers in an undignified way. I am saddened and dismayed about the experience. I gave proof of the conversation with them in text. It's a reminder of my awful experience and what I don't want from my next dealer. I have bought many cars but this by far was the worst experience.

Their service techs ruined my car yesterday! I am going to call the BBB & every news program I can think of to tell them about the rip off charge & I was forced to pay. AFTER their tech broke my brake booster valve - I HAVE NO BREAKS!!! Brought it in for the clock, a tire pressure sensor and a light out. Left with no brakes, because your incompetent tech broke my brake booster valve!

There was NO ISSUE with my brakes when I brought it in to have a few minor things checked! They called me with a list of things "supposedly" wrong with my car - scare tactics to make a person think they need to pay through the nose to have repairs done immediately!! Once I told them I would not have the repairs done there, they sabotaged my car and made it unsafe to drive. My regular mechanic will be checking it over, and taking pictures to prove my documentation of this!! They have not heard the last from me I promise!!

Darryl ** came out to discuss pricing and was condescending, arrogant, rude, and combative. He is everything I remember disliking about buying a car. When he angrily began asking why I was there I became so upset I nearly left. I will never buy another car from Pine Belt Chevrolet and based on how angry just typing this makes me feel I likely will never again. He single-handedly took a good experience and soured it.

I found his attempt to intimidate me offensive and insulting, his raised voice and pressing his face towards mine is an abhorrent practice if you want any business or repeat business. I don't ever expect to be treated like this by anyone, let alone someone who is trying to convince me to buy a car. Why would he raise his voice and begin to argue with me in the middle of the showroom? I guess this type of behavior is acceptable in the car industry since he appeared to be in charge.

They lied over and over again about getting you approved and asking for co-signers and it does not matter if it's a cheap car or expensive car. I own a business and still had a hard time with the Freehold and Lakewood location. The customer service is horrible and if you don't have 660 credit score, they don't even want to work with you until they don't have anyone left in the dealership. Keep saying they will call you and never do... Stay away. Try your luck somewhere else.

Not a single vehicle that is advertised at Pine Belt is available for purchase. They are the masters of bait and switch. Sales people are uninformed and all price decisions are made by **, General Manager. They advertise they are a "bank", so car loans are quick and easy. That is not true; they are not a bank. This is a dealership to be avoided. They do not know what the term truth in advertising means.

I did not have the price with me when I stopped at the dealer. Joe said, "no matter, we'll honor the price". Well, I foolishly believed him and went ahead with the sale. I went back with the computer printout and spoke with a sales manager, Eric. They still did not honor the price but said they would give me a full 3-year warranty. I settled with that, thinking at least I won't have to worry about car problems. Well, a week into having the car, it wouldn't start and has a loud noise when accelerating. I called the service department to make an appointment and found out that there was no such warranty with the car. I called the manager Eric back, told him how upset I was and said that they lied to me. He got very nasty and told me that he never made the promise and said that I was an "ignorant person". He said this over and over.

I demanded to speak with the head manager of the dealership. I was given to another sales manager and was told the head manager was on vacation. Not only did they lie and rip me off, they verbally abused me. I am very sorry that I did not read the bad reviews about them first.

In May 2010, Chevy MonteCarlo 2002 SS had a thermal event. We were directed by GM corporate to have it brought to a dealership to be the eyes of GM. In mid May 2010, it was towed (via Onstar call) to Pine Belt Chevy. The car needed a wire harness. AJ, the service manager assured me it would be no problem. He would find one. Shortly thereafter, he did, but it was the wrong one. The next one had frayed wires. I was calling every few days for updates, then one a week. I never get calls back from him. In February 2011, I received a call from Steve (found out new service manager who had started in Sept 2010) about my car and said they would work on getting the part. Sometime around June, they found a part in Georgia. I kept checking on the progress. Finally, I got my car back in November 2011, 18 months later. As for the rating, negative stars was not an option.

I went there to buy a new equinox. Looking for one with sunroof, Joe and I exchanged several calls we went to test drive the car while waiting for the one we wanted to come in. While there, Joe offers us a used car LTZ with 14000mi, said we could get a better deal on used because the first owner took the hit we asked, " How much and who owned the car before?"

He said, we would find out and call us as the car was at their freehold lot. We went home looked the car up on internet it was selling for $27, 969. Joe called me back 2 days later and told me he spoke to his manager and we could get the car for $28,870, I told him I would call him right back I had to speak to my wife. Instead, I looked the car up again on internet to find out the car was now selling for $26,909.

2,000 dollars cheaper than he wanted. I called him on it and was told he had to make a profit on it but would sell it to me for the $26909. I told him we were no longer interested in buying a Chevy, we would buy ford instead the manager then called and covered for the salesman. Shame, shame. Bought a Ford that same night at downs ford. They have full disclosure, no tricks.

I just bought a brand new box truck from pine belt Chevy and I’m having huge amounts of water leaking into my cab. Three times at the dealer and still haven’t fixed my problem. I went in to speak to the sales manager. He didn’t even step out of his office as he was to busy to help a customer. Once I purchased not one but two brand new trucks from them at the same time. That’s what really bugs me, not even to apologize. Now I’m stuck with this lemon and I need it for my business. I have put a compliant in with Chevy and also I’m speaking to a lawyer about this because this is just so unfair. I would not recommend my worst enemy to this dealership!

My husband and I went into the dealership to see what we could find out about cash for cars as we had a 1999 explorer. It qualified for $3500 and we traded it for a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado. We were approved for 0%financing and the estimated payment was $255. The dealership was busy and very hectic. We finally got to our paperwork and the gentleman that helped us, his first name was MO, rushed us thru. He kept saying he had others waiting. We found out later he isnt even an F and I guy.

As we looked thru the contract, I noticed an error on the DMV fees. We were trasnferring plates and they had us getting new ones. They corrected this. We then talked about and extended warranty, which "MO" said would only cost an additional $11/month. On that premise, we agreed. We finished all the paperwork and went home. We looked back over the contract now that we had some quiet time and werent being rushed, and noticed that the extended warranty was $1795. This surprised us, as $11x12x6(how many years at 0%) only equals $792.

I called the dealership the next morning, as they were closed that night and asked for "MO". He couldnt explain. He went from we lowered the price of the vehicle, to compensate for the warranty, to we discounted the warranty. He couldnt give me a straight answer. I went over to the dealership with the contract and asked them to cancel it and give us back our truck. He said that was impossible that he would take back the truck, minus 25% and would not give us our truck back. I asked if he could cancel the warranty and re write the contract.

The reason it came out so different was the cost of the truck for 0& for 6 years was really only $137. The warranty was really $29/month. We felt like we were tricked. I lef the dealership. My husband called the Lakewood office and spoketo a supervisor who asked us to come back in. We went back and they magically gave us 2 options, cancel the warranty or take it at cost. We were able to work it out and we left. We discovered in conversation that they were so busy that 3 different people looked at our deal and did 3 different things, but never spoke to each other, thus creating the confusion. Their reply...We sold 25 cars that day, what do you expect. We had to do things fast.

Fastforward to today. We got a call the the registration was in. I went to pick it up and they ask mefor $320. I am taken aback and we included DMV fees in the deal. They tell me that they can't trasnfer our old plates as the trucks are different weight classes. I asked why we were not notified. The cashier says we dont normally call you, the F and I manager says, oh I'm surprised and "MO" says, well we are telling you now, what more do you want. I did not go there expecting to pay anything. The Explorer and the Colorado fall under the same weight class according to DMV.

So now we feel like another attempt to get money from us. I called the same man who helped us last time and he is out till Tuesday on vacation. Our registration on the truck(temp) is expiring and we cannot drive the truck. "MO" continually asked me why I blamed him, he felt he did nothing wrong. This has been a very stressful situation and I regret purchasing this truck from this dealership. The salesman who helped us said it happens all the time. We now have to come up with an additional $320 and our payment is higher than we had originally wanted and agreed upon.

I spoke with internet sales. They put deal together and I was told the vehicle was ready and there were two others on the lot. I was told not to worry about the deposit, just come in. I towed in my clunker for trade in. When I got there, the salesman was rude and told me the truck was sold and they only had trucks with 6' beds when we needed on with 8'. Patrick also complained to me that he was working on his day off. I spoke with the manager, who told me he would tow the truck where we needed it brought to. There was no return call. This was a bait-and-switch situation and I feel that there was a verbal agreement and I would like to be reimbursed for the tow cost of $300 from my home to the dealer and then to the other dealer. They are abusing the cash for clunkers program.

I had purchased an Equinox 2006, it had many problems. So, I returned it with in 8 months. Toward a new vehicle. which is a chevy truck. I had paid $400.00 dollars for a 4 year registration. On the Equinox. When I returned the Equinox and purchased the truck they told me to pay registration fees of another $400.00. I then followed the paper work for DMV for restration fees returned. along with reciept and licese plate return.

I recieve a letter from DMV that I could not recieve the money back for the 3 years of regstration. but i feel that i over paid them. i paid $400.00 for the Equinox and then paid another $400.00 dollar again for the new truck. I should have been prorated some how. please help.

lose of money on Registration fees. please help i paid $800.00 dollars for registration fees for 4 years. it does not make since.

I purchased a new 2008 Chevrolet cobalt in October 2008. At that time I was told the car had on star (because it is standard in all GM cars). The salesman pointed out the on star product, but didnt go over it. When I got home I was unable to locate the on star device, so I decided to look through the owners manual....which was not in the glove box or any other compartment in the car. I then called the salesman and was told he no longer works for Pine belt. I was put through to Rich the manager who after three phone calls promised I would soon have one, oh and my car does not have on-star. Well three months have gone by and I have yet to receive my owners manual or service guide and Rich is not returning my phone calls.

to date i have not received my owners manual or service guide.

I was 19 at the time and my vehicle that I had the transmission blew So I decided to go buy a brand new vehicle from Pine Belt Chevrolet. I was interested in the Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4 door 2007 brand new with 16miles on it. The salesperson was Kevin (who now doesn't even work there they told me he got fired). Since I was a first time buyer I was qualified to purchase a brand new vehicle. My credit was a zero. I wanted to build my credit up so I thought this would be the perfect way to build it.

Kevin ran my credit and everything and came back to tell me that I didn't qualify for the power windows, seats, ect. So I said okay i'll just get the crank up windows and such. Wasn't that big of a deal. They didn't even tell me that I was even qualified for a loan from any bank. Considering I am disabled and collected almost 1grand a month from social security disability and bought in proof of income. THEY OVERPRICED ME ON MY VEHICLE! THEY CHARGED ME OVER 19 GRAND FOR A CHEVROLET COBALT WHEN A CAR LIKE THAT SHOULD BE GOING FOR NO MORE THAN 12 GRAND! KELLY BLUE BOOK VALUE FOR A CHEVROLET COBALT LS 4DOOR IS PRICED JUST UNDER 16 GRAND.

Well about a month ago I started to try to find something bigger for an automobile and was looking into buying a used mini van. I applied online for financing and was contacted by Pine Belt Chevrolet in Eatontown, NJ and was told that they work with those with bad credit and would be able to help me. Well that they did. I drove out of there that day with a 2005 Grand Caravan. They gave me $1000.00 trade for the car I gave them and I also gave them $100.00 of my own money.

I signed all the paper work for the financing and for the car and have had the van ever since. Well 3 weeks after signing the paperwork the car dealer called me and told me that the bank needed more information since my will not verify that I worked for them for 10 years. They only will verify that I have been with them for a couple months. So I then went to Social Security and got paper work from them verifying my employment history with Walmart and the Finance Company said that would be fine and that would be enough for them to go ahead and finish the deal.

As of today I was told that it is still possible that I may have to bring back the van after having signed for it and has been driving it for a month. I told them that if I have to give it back they have to bring me back my original car. They told me we are sorry but we junked that car and no longer have it and there is nothing we can do for you there. I asked them how could they have gotten rid of it if I never signed title over to them yet.

I still have possession of the title. I didnt have it the day I went there and they told me to bring it when I picked up my new tags. Well my temp tag expired yesterday and they told me they will not release my new tags and registration to me at this point since they dont have any idea if the bank is going to approve my financing. I am now running around with an illegal temp and registration because of this. I have been back and forth to the dealership several times and it is not an easy trip as I live in Lumberton, NJ about 2 hours south of Pine Belt Chevy.

I cannot find anyone that can help me with this. I may lose the van and they sold or junked my trade in car and without transportation I will lose my job at the Marlton, NJ Walmart. They said they dont even have to compensate me for the car they junked. How can they do that. How can I lose everything with no compensation for what I lost. I dont think it should be legal for them to take my other car and junk it without title and then if they take back the van not give me anything to make up for it.

My credit union has repeatedly asked me for the title of the vehicle so that they be the lien holder to car. I have forwarded this information to Pine Belt. As the car was paid for in it's entirety with a check from the credit union either the credit union or myself should have recieved the title as they,the car company...should be out of the loop, in theory.

They said they would send the information, I have recieved word from the credit union that a copy of the title will not suffice and the if the original is not sent that there will be a forfeiture of my loan. I just want my credit union to have the information they require to continue with my loan as I have been paying this loan since day one without fail and the car was bought for my wife.All they want is the title (original) sent to them so they can be listed as the lienholder.

I bought a 2003 Chevy s-10 pick-up truck from them new in 2004 (as a left -over). The sales man was good. However, the lack of service I received after the sale was horrible. I wen to the service center because the paint was peeling off the side of my doors. They said I must have hit something when opening up the door. I told them that this was not true, I was very careful with my brand new truck.

They said well we can put on a molding to protect the paint from falling off. I agreed since they were doing this free of chare. However, after a few weeks the molding started falling off. When I tried to amke in appointment to fix this they wanted my truck for the entir eday just to put the molding back on (they originaly put on in front of me in less than 10 minutes).

2) When driving my truck was very loud and rain came in on the driver's side. I brought it to the dealer. They looked at it and said it was fine. I asked well why does it leak, they stated that they did not see a problem.

3) The buttons on the radioni get hot and the paint peeled off. I brought it to the dealer and the dealer said the buttons got hot because of the lights. They replaced the radion because the paint peeled off however the buttons still get hot.

4) I have called the dealer numerous times to schedule appointments to look at my truck however none of my calls for an appointment were ever returned.

5) Also the third handle (for the inside door) broke off one day when I went to open it.

I am very disappointed with the lack of service I received from the dealer. Everytime I brought my truck to the dealer, they always said there was nothing wrong with the truck or it was my fault!

I went to Pin Belt Chevy on 3/25/05 to lease a suv and though it would be a good suv, well i was wrong. I have had to brought this truck to service about five times now. On the truck/suv the problems are with the brakes mostly, but sometimes the eletrical acts up too. The engine light has come on a few times this past month and when it did the whole truck shook badly.

I also have contacted the Lemon Law, but its taking forever to get my truck seen by someone from them. I am very worried about get into an accident. Well i did already, but a worse one which will cause death. I want out of this truck, but getting no where fast.

Truck has damage to the front, right panel and light got hit. This is just a small accident, will there be more? Probably with this truck acting the way it has. I'm Very Worried!!!

My husband & I purchased a 2003 trailblazer 3 months ago. We finally had to go to another dealership to find out exactly what was wrong with our on-star program. We were promised license plates w/in 2 wks and they did not come for almost 4 wks, we were asked to bring back the customer survey so we could get a free oilchange. My husband even had to drive the salesman home one night because he did not have a car!

On 11/13/03 sat with David Spencer and Anthony Paparella sales managerto complete purchase of 2004, extended cab,Fleetside short box, trim level LS, pick up truck.The only option requested was a locking differencial. A simple and stright foreword order. A price was agreed upon and a $2500.00 deposit was made. On 11/21/03 a message was left on my answering machine that there was a problem with the order. On the 22nd I contacted Pine Belt and was told the engine I requested was not available in that model. Since I did not care what enging came in the model the standard enging would be fine.

I relayed that to Mr. Nash who promptly told me that the truck could not be ordered with a 6 cylinder engine and I should come pick up my deposit.I asked to speak to someone of higher authority and after much to do was connected with Mr.Mark Collins. Mr Collins told me that if I wanted that truck it would cost me an additional $1500.00.He also told me if that was not acceptable to come pick up my deposit.

I asked if I could speak with him personally and a meeting was scheduled for the morning of11/24/03 at 10AM.This was mutually agreed upon. I arrived at 9:50 AM on the morning of the 24th but Mr. Collins was not there. I waited until 10:30AM at which time I told Mr. Nash I wanted my money returned. It is my opinion that this sale was never planned until an additional $1500.00 was paid for this vehicle. My reason for thinking this isfor an order as simple and stright foreword as this, to a dealer who sells as many vehicles as Pine Belt, to have such a radical price change is hard to believe.

Aside from the agrivation, time and mileage spent traveling back abd forth I suffered very little economic damage.

In approx 1999, purchased a used auto, a 1996 Oldsmobile Delta 88. Salesperson indicated it cost $10,000. We also traded in a Lincoln towncar. We took home Olds. that night. Were told interest would be high because of a past bankruptcy (about 3 yrs prior). Were told approx. mo. payments. We were still under belief it cost $10,000. Contract prices were explained away to us.

Last yr. we contacted bank for payoff figure. Surprised at the high figure, they told us the principal alone was $18,000! THe car had cost us somewhere between $15 and $18 thousand. Still can't figure out. But definitely more than the $10,000 we were quoted.They also guaranteed (emphasis) that we could come back after one year of on-time payments and guaranteed to refinance at lower rate. That was only reason we agreed to purchase at the monthy figure.At end of year and half, of no late payments, we went back only to hear that we needed several thousand downpayment.ENtire transaction was fraudulent.Never would have agreed to that price for that car on those terms if they had been upfront and explained honestly.

We did file written complaint with local consumer affairs. Pine Belt sent an unsatisfactory and very rude letter. Basically saying we are only looking for money. They also said they NEVER tell customer refi is guaranteed. That's outright not true. More importantly is that we are still stuck with high interest and incorrect sales price. They quoted us $10,000. They charged us somewhere between $5,000 and 8,000 MORE than this for the price of the car besides all the other 'fees'. They deny quoting the $10,000 to us.

We could have purchased BRAND NEW for $12-14,000 and had been looking at new, but told them we couldnt afford that much. No way would we have purchased three yr old car for that price. Especially when we told them that and again, NEW vehicles at that time were on their lot for $12-14,000.

Pine Belt Chevrolet Company Profile