Hyundai of Paramus

Paramus, NJ

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Do yourself a favor and do not come to this dealer to get a vehicle. The salesman I had, Steve **, was very manipulative and just wanted to take my money. Did not answer any of the questions I had and took advantage of me being a new, young, and nice buyer. I started to realize that I was being taken advantage of and that the deal was not fair so I did not want to go through with the deal but unfortunately put in a deposit already, which I was told by him would be cancelled easily if I changed my mind. Big lie and stupid on my part. I was told that my money would be refunded in a few days after I decided to not go through with the deal. Another big lie.

Call back when my refund was not there and the dealer said in a week it would be there. Unacceptable. Had to call 8 times, 2 of those times being hung up on by the finance department, in order to get in touch with the general manager, James, who could also use a lesson on customer service. Even after the 8 calls he has the nerve to tell me to call him back in 10-20 minutes! Said the only time I could come in for the refund was exactly 10am the next day, even though it did not work with my work schedule. Said it was the only time a "refund clerk" was working, whatever that means. Told him that I was never told I had to come in person to get a refund and did not care at all about the situation or the unprofessionalism of his staff. Big mistake to ever step foot in this place. Horrible criminals work here.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was at this dealership on labor day of this year 2016 with my mother to lease a car. My mom was the lessee and I was the cosigner just in case her credit wasn't approved. The total price of the car or lease totalled everything including registration fees etc. no hidden cost. Plus she was going to receive a refund in the mail in 15 days since she was trading in her car. At that time I wasn't listening because the salesperson by the name of steve ** was speaking in korean to my mother.

When signing the final papers with the finance manager by the name of Achmed, he tried selling my mom extra warranty. We refused. Then he said my mom would have to pay for the first month's bill and registration fee. I did not know after signing the final papers, her refund check was half the amount. I asked the salesman what had happened and he said it should've been the full amount. The salesman running back and forth to the finance dept., he apologized and said there was a misunderstanding... he will give 2 free oil changes instead.

Spending half the day at this dealership, I should have just walked out but being nice, I didn't. Instead we said ok and signed. Things could not get worse. Looking at the car my mom was leasing, there were scratches on the side and rear bumper. The salesman said he would take the car and touch it up. I don't know why on earth we agreed. It was pass 4 o'clock. We were tired and had no energy.

Ok a few weeks passed. I receive a bill from hyundai... what the... my mom was the signee and the bill, the pamphlets is being mailed to me. Oh my gosh. Now I was getting annoyed. I called the salesman to fix his mistakes and he said I had to change the information. He didn't care less when it was HIS mistake and Achmed. Plus pass the 15 days, my mom did not receive her refund check. They promised 15 days. It was a month and a half. My mom called and the salesman said the finance mgr was going to mail it today. Good excuse. I called the dealership to complain about the salesman and the finance mgr. Of course I get a voice message to leave a message with the general manager by the name of James **. Till today no call back. This dealership is fill of c. All they want is your money and that's it. I should have read the reviews online before going. Don't waste your time going to Hyundai of Paramus. You will not be pleased.

I am quite horrified but not surprised to read all the nasty reviews here and want to add my own also. I have been trying to get for my 2016 Elantra's first service - which is free - for 5 months now; I can only make a late afternoon time which they never could give me. I was told repeatedly that 1:30 is the latest they could take me as the techs leave at 2:30. There is no 'late hours' day either. In my 65 years have never come across a dealership with such restricted timings.

Today after a long debate and argument I got an appt. for 3:30 after a 45 min. quarrel when I talked to the manager and she admitted that techs did work till later than 2:30. What a bunch of nonsense. I called the Mahwah Hyundai dealer. They have late hours on Tuesday and can take me at 6 pm... On other days I could go till 3 pm if they have an opening... Either would have worked for me just fine. But since I have free 1st service at Rte 4 I feel compelled to avail of that. I am never going back to Rte 4 people!!!

I went to Paramus Hyundai in NJ to return my leased car on 8/20/13. However, Eric **, the sales manager, denied it for the reason that I did not make an appointment to return the car. He claimed that I need to make an appointment to return the vehicle. What I'm confused about that is I actually spoke to a different Hyundai salesman a week before and he said that no appointments were necessary and that I could just show up with the necessary documents to return the car. I was very offended by Mr. ** rude manner towards me and his unwillingness to work with me to return the car. I tried to reason with him and tell him that I spoke with another salesman and that he told me that an appointment was unnecessary. However, he simply refused to listen to my objection and simply denied me - the customer. I feel very offended as a customer, and I hope that you can do something about this - about the funny and ill-mannered manager - to correct this problem.

Hyundai must be one of the worst cars ever made. They will sell it at a price which may seem like a discount, but you will more than make up for it when you start bringing it for service. Hyundai of Paramus rips you off on everything they do. They came up with things to fix that I never heard of when I owned over vehicles and I've been driving for 34 years. When you refuse something they offer, they will reduce the price. This only means that they overcharge on everything they do. I will be getting rid of Hyundai and will never see this dealer again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyundai of Paramus?

I went there for recall service. They said it would take about 1 hour to 1 and half, but I had to wait and sit there for 2 and half hours. They were not kind at all. Moreover, the most irritating thing was they parked my car outside, with windows opened, while it was raining hard after they had work done with my car. It was not the first inconvenience I had got. Every single time I went there, I got mad at them.

I was negotiating with salesman at Hyundai and we could not come to terms. I left and he continued to pressure me. When I finally came to agreement, it was late and when I reviewed the contract the next day, I saw an optional line item that we were charged for etching. When I called and told them I did not want etching and I would not pay for it, I was told it was mandatory and we would get a 25% savings off our insurance. We contacted our carrier (Geico) who indicated the savings would be less than $10 (which is less than .01% of the cost of the insurance). We cancelled the contract with Hyundai and demanded our money back. At this point, they have refused to return the money and I have filed a dispute with the credit card company. I subsequently went to Lynne Hyundai and obtained a card from a fair and honest dealer.

On Jul 20, I visited Paramus Hyundai dealer shop and made a contract to purchase a car with a deposit of $ 500. The salesman (Tai **) called us later and told us the car was sold to someone else. I was so surprised to hear that. I was the one who already made a deposit and contract for the car. The car shouldn't be sold to someone else. However, the salesman told me that everyday new cars are coming in. It is not a problem to find a similar car for us. I kind of noticed that the day I made a contract, the salesman was drunk. I could smell alcohol. But anyway, everything he said was a lie and we had to wait and wait.

I couldn't wait for his call for new cars, so I visited the dealer shop again to see if there are cars or not. When I was there around 9:30 am, there were new cars. But those cars, which were similar to what I was looking for, were just sold to different customers. Obviously, the salesman didn't put me as a priority and didn't let me know. Even when I was there, the salesman pretty much ignored me. I believe it was because I requested a refund of $500 deposit. Anyway, he didn't even process my request for the refund. I had to make phone calls, more than I needed, to talk to someone else to request for a refund. And finally, I had to visit the dealer shop to present all the paperwork, which is hard to believe. Also, when I talked to the sales manager of the dealer shop for the refund process, he was also very rude to me. He was raising his voice and asking me to come to the location. He said, "If you want your money back, come here. If you don't want your money, then don't come".

All my experiences at the dealer shop were just unbelievable. It shocked me. After that, I even contacted Hyundai head office to let them know what happened. I got email from the customer care saying GM of the dealer would contact me, but I still haven't had any response from the dealer shop. My wife is pregnant and she got a lot of stress out of the situation. We couldn't go to supermarket for foods for my wife. She had doctor's appointment, but we couldn't go on time. I had a meeting with a client for business contract, but I had to delay the meeting. Because of that, something happened to my client, and I lost the business deal. This is because of the breach of contract by the salesman. I got tremendous mental and financial damages due to this happening.

We made a purchase of a 2011 Hyundai Santa SE AWD V6 vehicle. Jack said that the vehicle was coming from either Eastern PA or South Jersey. He told us that he would try to have the car for us by 3/25 as my wife was going away from 3/26-4/2 and this vehicle was for her. My wife followed up with Jack later on Thursday and he said that there was no way that we would get the vehicle by Friday. We said we were okay with that. We said that we would be in on 4/2 when she gets back to pick up the vehicle. I went in on Saturday to give Jack more of a deposit and told him to please keep me in the loop. He said, "understood " and he would but "do not worry, we will get the vehicle for you".

Well, I tried on Tuesday night after 5PM to get in touch with Jack as I did not hear from him. Then again on Wednesday morning starting at 9AM, each time leaving messages. Well, you guessed it. I never heard from Jack until finally at noon, on Wednesday, when I called him again. I said "what is going on with the vehicle?" and his response was "I am sorry, the other dealership will not give it to us. They said it is sold". I said I will be down for my deposit. Well, a few hours later, I went to the dealership to see Jack. But low and behold, I was told he was not there and would be back in 30 minutes. I told them I was here for my deposit and they had a sales manager come over to me to see why I wanted the deposit back and did I find a vehicle somewhere else.

I told him I did not find another vehicle, but was lied to from his dealership and that I would never return there. He then went and got my deposit back. I would never step foot in this dealership again and will tell everyone I know never to buy from them unless they want to be treated unfairly. It is a shame in this economy that this dealership feels that they can treat people like this. Good luck to them and Jack as they certainly need it.

I was sold a used car, as they stated, it was "certified", had all inspections and a clean report on Carfax. It had 47,000 miles but they said because it was certified, so it was fine and I should not worry. The pitch for the protection plan was that we would get a car from the rental place as they don't have loaners and they would do this for us in any emergency. It sounded great, so we bought that and the protection plan. Well, thank God we did and the nightmare began.

The car was delivered to me with the TPMS light on and I asked the guy from dealership why and he said it was just inspected, should go off. Three days, nothing changed. I was told that copies of my gap and contract were being sent to me, never got them, no matter how many times I called.

My car was brought in at least eight occasions for lights and they could not get the problem to solved, along with multiple other lights that started to go on. One would go off, the other would go on.

I went to a casual gas station and they said your oil is black, I said, "what?" I went to the dealer who tried to sell me a change for $49 and I told her I just bought this from you, an oil change at the very least should be done, she said that they would and I left the car (very worried nothing else was done). I picked up the car and thought the oil change was done. I was told that the check engine light was not on long enough to make a diagnosis and to come back. All these visits with no loaner, multiple calls and days at the dealer, and not one person cared. The sales manager could care less. A week after my so-called oil change, my check engine light stayed lit and my gas gauge is now broken. So ,I went to the local Hyundai near my job. I got a call and they said, "When was the last time this car was serviced?" I almost fainted!

The brakes were under 3mm. There was black oil and black transmission fluid. The other dealership refused to pay, I laid out the money and sucked up $600, and tried to get some resolution via BBB and met with them three times. To which I came in and wasted my time. They made me think I was nuts, offered me an exchange of two cars, one of which had over 68,000 miles and was filthy. The other was so dirty with dog hair and slits in the leather that I would not even look and was more terrified. Where did my car come from?

In the meantime, a smell of gas is now emitting from my car. If I fill the gas tank, my family and I are exposed to fumes. Luckily, I have been using the new Hyundai dealer that found all these issues. The pattern shows a sign of a car never cared for, probably kept by water or water-damaged due to the rotting, and them nice.

This is ome certified inspection, don't use this dealership. They make you think you're crazy. Read the reviews, they charge for work and don't do it. Lies and cheating to us consumers, this is consumer fraud!

It started when I had called the dealership interested in a particular used car. I had called and confirmed that the car was still in inventory on the lot. I was told to come at a certain time and the car would be ready for my viewing. Once I arrived, I was informed that a man named Robert was waiting for me at their other location across the highway, not far but just about 2 minutes away, which it was. I met with Robert who had no idea I was coming in.

He was cold right from the start - no handshake, a very brief introduction, and had the body language and tone that gave off he wanted to do nothing with me. The reason he felt this way is because I am twenty six years old, with the face and body easily mistaken for an 18-19 year old. My features make me look very young, I've been carded at movie theaters, and casinos make me wear a bracelet, which you will find no one else wears, to confirm my identification, but that is nothing compared to the way I was discriminated when I walked into Hyundai of Paramus.

They judge a book by its cover. If you do not look and act the part, they will not waste their time with you, they will only waste yours. He also lied straight to my face. As I left the original dealership to meet with Robert at the other, I noticed the car I was looking for was at the original lot. Knowing this, I took pictures but still went over to the other place to see if they were pulling a scam. Once Robert finally decided he wanted to speak with me, he informed me that the car I wanted was sold in 2009.

I proceeded to show him my cell phone pictures of the car that I had just taken that confirmed the VIN and stock numbers. I also informed him that I could show him the car from their other dealership on the lot through his window. Shocked, he came back with the excuse that identification numbers get mixed up with all their different lots. He resumed being cold, basically asking me what I wanted to do with this car, which was everything that I was obviously there to buy one.

Once the price was mentioned, they said that they would honor the online price of $10,993 but that was non-negotiable. I was told by their employee who works with the online pricing that yes it was negotiable. Her name started with an E; I know it but she seemed knowledgeable and nice so I would rather not ruin her name, unlike Robert. Being frustrated with the service, I offered Robert to take the car off his hands for $10,000 right there and then. He countered by saying that they got the car for $10,000. I am no car expert but I've done my homework and if they got that car for $10,000 then they even got ripped off.

I told him, "Thank you for wasting my time," and went off. If you do decide to go and buy a car from this place, avoid a man, who has little knick-knacks, pictures of motorcycles, and some Vegas memento on his desk, named Robert.

I took my Hyundai 2005 Tucson to this dealership to repair my vehicle. I told them exactly what I was experiencing. They told me that I need to fix A, B and C, which cost a total of $1,000 to fix this problem. So I did. A week later I was experiencing the exact problem, but this time the problem got worse. I took my car back to the dealership and complained about the situation. They told me that I need to spend another $500 to fix this problem. So I said fine, go ahead and fix the problem. A couple days later, I experienced the same problem again! This time it was worse than before. I took it back and I was very angry. They took my car for 2 days and tried to figure out what the problem was. When they called me back, they told me I have to spend another $500 to fix the problem.

How can I trust them? Why do I need to spend more money on something that they should have fixed when I went in the first time? What really upset me was when I got transferred over to the manager on phone, instead of apologizing, he started yelling at me on the phone and blamed me for not taking good care of the car! Ridiculous! He didn't apologize at all. He insulted me by assuming that I wasn't taking good care of my car. He then yelled at me (customer who spent almost $2,000 at his service center) and then he asked where I took my car to get checkups. When I told him I always took it to Firestone, he started saying that Firestone mechanics are nowhere credible compared to his mechanics at Hyundai and started insulting them!

I can't believe he's a manager. I want something to be done but knowing how car services work, I know this will just be another case. The manager's name is Steve.

I bought a 2006 Elantra in February 2006. I loved my car until recently. I have had the car in to fix the weather stripping that goes from the front windshield to the back, they need to order parts (again); on the highway this morning if I went over 40 my steering wheel shook back and forth, and the front end of my car jumped around - i had it towed to business above, they said was the balancing on the wheels.

I just had the tires rotated in December, should they have not balanced the tires at the same time? No they say, and they want $30 per tire for balancing. I don't think so. The check engine light comes on all the time. My sales person won't get involved, the service people don't give a crap how miserable you are - and to think I was there last week to trade in my car for a new car.

I DON'T THINK SO. My sales person wants me to recommend people to him - I DON'T THINK SO. I will never buy another Hyundai. They won't even come pick me up to go pick up the car - I have to find my own way. I am the only person in my home that drives. Now I must pay for cab fare.

I got to work late today, and will get in late again tomorrow. I want my hours missed paid for, and I want my balancing done free, and I want my cab fare back. This is crap.

I brought my 2001 Hyundai into service a few times to this dealership. The first two times everything was under warranty. Then the third time I believe it was, my car made a grinding noise when I down shifted from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Now I am very well in tune on how a car works, I owned my own auto custom business.

When I brought in for service they stated I needed a new clutch and it would cost me $1100.00, the car only had about 42,000 miles on it, that is unheard of, unless your a novice stick shift driver, which Im not. So my friend and I took the car into the shop and dropped the transmission, the clutch has plenty of meat on it, and did not need replacing. We then removed the shift boot and it was a metal plate that was displaced. Now I brought the car back again, because the car was hesitating when I drove.

I know for certain that all it needed was for the idles in the car to be adjusted, but the service rep stated it was the spark plugs and wires, so I had him change them. From my experience, Hyundai gives this 10 year 100,000 mile warranty but I feel this dealership is trying to increase profits my deceiving patrons, and making them pay for services not needed.

My mother, Doris , purchased a 93 Hyundai elantra on April 6th for a cash amount of $2500 + $400 =$2900 9the $400 for registration, temporary insurance and plates. The car was driven home. Driving behind by daughter, it was noticed that the car was smoking profusely from the muffler. The car was driven on 4/4 and it was found that the car shuddered, the alignment was off and smoked. The service dept., Was called and I was told to bring the car in on 4/5. I however could not make it until 4/7.

I went directly to the salesperson and told him the car was no good and argued with him as to why he sold a bad car to my 70 year old mother. He also represented to my mother that the car had a 30 day warranty on it but when his boss finalized the contract he wrote "no warranty implied or inferred" in any event, Clemmie told us to bring the car back on Monday 4/9. I DID and the car was there until it was picked up on 4/28. The plates were not yet in as they needed my mothers insurance card to get the plates - so we drove the car home and parked it on the way home I noticed the car was shuddering very much like it was before they claimed to fix it. I parked the car in my driveway and the plates came in 2 days later.

On Wednesday may 8 we tried to move the car from the driveway but the car was shaking uncontrollably and kept shutting off. I called the salesman and told him the car was not able to be driven and he told me he would speak to his boss and have someone come pick up the car. I have not heard from him since

Hyundai of Paramus Company Profile