Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

32 Nissan of McKinney Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 28, 2009

My wife and I went in to refinance a lease into a buy. What I expected to pay was the residual value of the vehicle plus some fee and charges. The salesman said he had to certify the car before we could buy it. I asked what this meant since we had leased the car new and had been the only possessors of the car. The first salesman said it was a thorough inspection of the vehicle so it could be warranted, i.e. brakes, electrical, mechanical, etc. I told them I didn't need it to be certified, that I only wanted to buy it as my lease contract stated "as is". I was told Nissan USA would not allow them to sell a vehicle unless it had been "certified".

I then asked for a copy of what this certification meant and was told, "No problem, we'll get that to you." They had handwritten something on the back of a piece of paper and said this is what it covers. Basically, they would put nitrogen in the tires and wax the car with something called Zantek? For this they added $2,200 to the price of the car. During the financing meeting, Tan (financing officer?) pulled out a piece of paper which had 12.5% as an interest rate. I said that this was excessively high since our credit is in good shape. He said, "We'll lower it so you don't have to pay more money." What this meant was if we sign all the extended warranty papers, our rate would drop to 7%.

So no, the monthly payments stayed the same, but now we're paying $18K for a car that under contract had a residual of $12k. After this 3-hour ordeal, one salesman said, "Let's get your car washed for you." Thirty minutes later, we were done. The only time the car moved was when it went to get washed. I guess that's how they certify them at Nissan of McKinney. That's one expensive carwash. I will never deal with this dealership again and will probably never buy another Nissan even though we liked the car.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2008

I have been dealing with these jerks for the last 2 months trying to get a new 08 from them. Last night after work I went in and basically got tooled around all night... because I am female? Possibly. Anyway after test driving a car that was brand new, that I knew I could not afford, the dealer says he can put me in a 2007 instead, yada yada. I tried to walk 3 times, but each time we "hit a snag" he would have his boss come and tell me he'd work with me, so he said he just bought a used 08 and needed to pick it up. He said he'd tint the windows for free and would loan me a 2007 to take home until my new 08 was ready which would be today @ 5pm. I take home a 2007, which reeked of piss... no lie. I get it home and my son wants to go for a spin. I turn the key and nada... It took 6 tries before the car turned over. This morning the same bull... keep in mind this is an 07, with less miles than my 06 I am trading in. I get to work and call the dealer and tell him to forget the deal and to bring me my 06 back. He shows up with a 2008 Versa, says he could not get my car because it was blocked in.

BULL!!! So I am forced to go back to the dealership to get my car back, only when I try to start this 08... nada. What the hell? What are the chances, 2 "new" vehicles won't start? I call the dealership and ask for Matt **, only they say it's his day off and he is not there. I tell the other dealer that is not possibly since he was just at my office an hour earlier. He tells me Matt already went home and tries to coach me through the difficult process of how to put the key in and start the car... after jiggling the steering wheel, throwing it in neutral, 10 hail Marys, and a back walk-over the car still wouldn't start. So now I am waiting at my office for these people to return my car and take this Versa out of my sight. Word to the wise... DO NOT SHOP AT NISSAN OF MCKINNEY... Matt **and Adam ** at internet sales are all shady. I called Adam to return my car at 11 and he still is not here. It's now 1:42pm!!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands