Nissan of McKinney

McKinney, TX

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Andrea was more than what we could have prayed for as we were looking for our used vehicle. It was sad that we had our transmission go out in our Murano and needed to get a new vehicle. He gave us such comfort and was patient with us in finding the perfect car. What I loved most was I never felt like a customer really. I felt like a friend and that he just didn't care about making a sale. He expressed and showed he cared and was just as hopeful we found the perfect car and did :) Even after the sale, we spoke a couple times and it was like a friend checking on a friend :) I would highly recommend this dealership and most definitely Andrea **!! We were BLESSED. Why wouldn't we want others to be just as BLESSED :)!!

I have been customer of McKinney Nissan for a long time. I actually bought three vehicles from them. My experience with Nissan was always been good. The sales person were friendly, and helpful. On May 2010, I bought a buick which was finance by Bank of America. And my payment due date was end of every each month. On Dec.1, 2010, I decided to trade-in my buick for Altima. In 2015, I requested a credit report, and as I reviewed my report, I noticed there was a 30 days late reported by bank of America. I contacted a credit solution and I agreed to pay their fees to remove the 30 days late payment off my credit report. The credit solution have sent letters for over a year to dispute with bank of America. Unfortunately, it was not able to remove the late payment off my credit report.

I contacted Nissan and I spoke to Laura, who was been very kind, and helpful. I requested all the documents including when did Nissan send the payment to Bank of America. I received all of the documents, along with the check printed by Chase Morgan Bank. The date on the check was January 4, 2011 payable to Bank of America. I called Bank of America, I was told they did not receive the payoff payment until Jan. 6, 2011. I search on Internet how long does the dealer had to pay off your trade-in. I found out they have 10 days to send your payoff to the institute. For last 6 years my credit report was damage because Nissan of Mckinney neglected to sent my pay off on time.

Purchased a Versa in 2015. Within the first 6 weeks the car started shaking at start up. The dash showed a service light. The service department could not identify the issue. The first time I took it in they simply reset the dash service light. I brought it in a second time after the light turned on after a few days. And, again I brought it in a third time when the service light went on after about a week, and the car continued shaking at ignition. They gave me a rental and kept for repair. The dealership kept the car for over 3-4 weeks without being able to identify the problem. This was a BRAND NEW CAR.

I called the general manager, Mr. **, and requested he look into the situation. Although the dealership mechanic had run various diagnostics and conferred with the factory, they continued to be unable to locate the problem. The mechanic was very polite and appeared to sincerely want to resolve the issue. However, at this point with the mechanical problem not yet identified, I requested a NEW car, feeling that this one was totally unsafe to drive. Finally Mr. ** agreed to a trade in if I purchased an upgrade.

I came to the dealership to purchase the Sentra. Note that the Versa was still being repaired... however when I arrived I was informed that the mechanical problem had been remedied and that I could take it home. That info did not concur with the mechanics report a few hours earlier, so I declined. Unbeknownst to me the salesman depreciated the Versa $5,500 and added that to the price of the Sentra. While negotiating I asked the salesman what was the price he was quoting for the Sentra I was purchasing, he became very angry and said that it did not matter, what mattered were the monthly payments. I felt bullied and coerced, however, I also felt stuck because the alternative was to keep the "shaking" VERSA with an unidentified mechanical problem. I ended up paying $24,000 for a $13,000 car, with $335 monthly installments.

Recently I discovered that I am UPSIDE down on the loan with the Sentra due to all the additional charges placed on the note. STAY AWAY FROM McKINNEY NISSAN. IT IS A NIGHTMARE. I plan to purchase magnetic signs for both sides of the SENTRA that say STAY AWAY from - McKinney, Nissan are THIEVES - McKinney, Nissan.

My son is a young Marine stationed in San Diego, California and he needs a vehicle. We found a Nissan Altima and agreed on a price. Came up to the dealership and they sold it. Spoke with Max the Used Car Manager, as shady as they get. We left upset and I called later to register a complaint and told my entire story to the manager on the phone that was very sympathetic and promised to help find something comparable. It turns out the moron I was speaking with was Max. Max didn't even have the courtesy to identify himself and then after promising to make it right has done NOTHING. If this is a reflection of how Nissan of McKinney does business, DON'T GO THERE.

My wife and I both purchased our vehicles at this dealer because the lack of theatrics, their customer service, and their inventory. Good experience, nice people!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan of McKinney?

When I bought my 2014 Nissan Rogue I was so happy. I got treated like the Queen of Mckinney Texas. But, as soon as I drove it off the lot I was nothing but a mere peasant. I have never experienced such lousy customer service. I should of bought my car from a corner car lot own by a nice old man!!! I can't get anyone to call me back with a honest answer. The General Manager doesn't even call you back!!! All I needed was a cabin filter put on cause they didn't put it on when they had for the 15,000 mile oil change (I paid extra for this maintenance) and they didn't tell me they didn't put it on. I happened to read over the paperwork and found out that way.

Now a month later they send someone to my house that has no idea where it goes. And after taking my glove box out and wanting to pull up my carpet, finally finds where it goes and they sent him with the wrong one!!! After reading the reviews on this place (which I should of done before I bought the car there... my bad) I know that this review is probably falling on blind eyes!!! I wished I could transfer all my stuff to Nissan in Denison!! If I was the Queen that's what I would demand!!!

We are looking for a new SUV. We looked at the Buick Enclave and then drove next door to look at the Nissan dealership. While I immediately walked to the SUVs in the used Nissan dealership my husband want to see the used Hummer my son was so impressed with. The used Nissan manager sent their sales rep out and asked my husband to move our car if he was going to look at the Hummer. We were not even considering a Hummer. He was just entertaining my son. So we are there 5 min and asked to move our car quite rudely. If they will treat you this rude I would never buy a car. Poor management.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I went to Nissan of McKinney and spoke to the finance manager who was very open and helpful. The issue is not resolved, but I appreciate the time he took to explain things to me. On the bright side, I love the car. I also like the service team that does a great job. The finance team could do much better.

R. O. of Frisco, TX on

Original Review

I went to Nissan of Mckinney with a check ready from Capital One. The interest rate was high, but I had already made an agreement with Capital One that I would go back to them in about 5 months and refi once the errors and issues on my credit were cleaned. I clearly said this over and over to Kevin, the sales person, the sales manager and to Johnson, the finance person. They had many banks run my credit several times and I have been unsuccessful in getting Equifax and Experian to clean out these inquiries. Not only that: the manipulative finance person has now boxed me into an upside down loan that I can get out of.

The loan amount is 22500 but the car is worth 10-14000 even though it has only 4500 miles after 7 months. This is a Nissan Sentra that I'll end up paying 35k off if I continue with the present loan they got through Carfinance. I have learned a bitter lesson. Now I have my credit repaired (except for the 20+ inquiries I can't get off) and that will not help because I cannot get out of this loan. Nissan of Mckinney is a fraudulent and sleazy company. They pretend to care about the customer and to be classy but they have the same shady practices as sleazy companies. They will not return calls and avoid me at all cost now. Simply unethical and unbelievable!

It is a hoax, when you're buying a car in nissan of mckinney, we were offered a price published and accept it with the seller in $15.300.00. Then we buy 2 Sentra sv 2014, in nov/2014. Then we went to sign contract and signed an electronic pad. We trust in the price given by the seller. We were not given the contract to us, they said would send it by mail. One month later and get nothing. We received a letter with the price of the auto of $24.436.00. From where came this price? Very high price! And is neither regular price advertised on the windshield of this car that is 2014 and regular price is $18,720.00. They lied to us. Now say that because we have a 0% credit interest, they took away all the discounts. They never told us anything about this, and that the regular price was $24.436.00?

Important factors! Lied in the price. Not say that with 0% interest rate - removed all discounts. They are charging a very high price for the cars and are not even the regular price for these cars. The cars are new but from last year. 2014 cars bought in Nov / 2014 are not even new, 2015. We know now the cost of credit because we received a letter from Nissan motor. This incredible amount that they are giving to us is wrong, they put the price they want. This is a short explanation of being ripped off.

My husband co-signed for a used car for our college age child. They walked out of there with a small deposit, extra insurance coverage that was useless and a contract. Nine days later the finance person, who was exceptionally nice called and said they had a better deal and they needed new signatures to sign a new contract. My husband signed it, and then they mailed the contract over a week later to my son. He sent it back. Then 23 days after the purchase of the car, it broke down while he was out of town. It had to be towed to the nearest dealer.

We called and went to Nissan of McKinney to discuss the issue and they received an estimate of repairs for the car from the other certified dealer. They agreed to pay for it. We found out on the 24th day after the purchase of the car and the day after they were informed that the car broke down that they had not made a deal with the initial finance company that we signed the contract with. They had changed it to another one and never told us anything. The last contract has two finance companies and two loan numbers. After they knew that the car broke down they hurriedly sent the contract in to the new finance company.

A master certified mechanic at the dealership where the car is being serviced realized that the damage was so severe and the total to repair of the used car was approximately $2K. The GM and B of Nissan of McKinney said the dealership misdiagnosed the problem even after the GM and the Nissan of McKinney mechanics had a conference call with other GM, the Service Manger and mechanics at the other dealership talked and explained the mechanical problem. It was evident that Nissan of McKinney sold a car that was about to break down, but they made cosmetic changes so they can sell a lemon.

Both the GM who was blatantly rude and critical attacked my husband by demeaning him. The GM and others at Nissan of McKinney tried to blame my son for the car breaking down while he was out of town by saying he had no experience driving. B even said, "Well it seems suspicious that your son's car broke while he was out of town." I asked him, "So do you think we bought the car so it can be parked in the driveway?"

As of today I can honestly say that I am SO DISAPPOINTED with the customer service we received. How could the GM portray himself to be an honest business person? It is all a facade. Nissan of McKinney customer service is below par! They lied to us, accused us wrongly, after they sold us a lemon and they do not want to be responsible for the repairs of a used car that only last 800 miles before it broke down in less than 23 days after purchase. Unfortunately, this may lead to a lawsuit because the GM will not honor his word.

My wife went to purchase a pre-owned vehicle with Nissan of Mckinney November 30th, 2013. I came along to look at vehicles they had in stock. She was given a salesperson named ** who then referred my wife to her finance manager, **. Before even checking her credit, both the salesperson and finance manager assured the both of us that they could get her in a late model Altima with no money down, no money out of pocket. I was immediately skeptical, as I could not quite understand how such a promise could be made without credit inquiry, and so I thoroughly questioned the finance manager, stating that we did not want to waste any time, to which he responded that he could get it done, no problem, and that he could crunch the numbers and make the deals. They then had her looking at a number of fully loaded 2013 and 2014 Altimas and convinced her that they could get her in one of them, and even advised if a vehicle had no leather, they would send her to an after market upholsterer and get it done in whatever leather and trim she wanted for an additional $1000.00 that they would just add into the financing.

After doing the credit check, she test drove and chose a 2013 Altima. They then told her that the finance department was closed for the night, and that she would have to come back the following day and everything would be done. In addition, after she signed the papers, they would have the car cleaned and detailed. For the next week, my wife called the dealer numerous times and spoke with the salesperson who kept saying that she was waiting on ** who was always conveniently out or gone for the day, even at 10 am. She assured us the deal was fine and she would personally see to it that he responded and got this deal close, as she acknowledged repeatedly the inconvenience this was causing our family.

About 4 days later, we finally got ** on the phone who stated that he could not get my wife into the vehicle that she wanted based on her DTI ratio because of our mortgage, even though it was in both of our names. When I questioned why were they not able to make her responsible for half of the mortgage amount instead of the full amount, he then stated he had been doing this since he was 19 years old, that he had graduated from SMU and that he was pretty smart. He said that she was approved for vehicles $15k and under and that she could go on the site and see a list of vehicles within that price range. He added also that she would be responsible for tags, title and registration.

By this time, both of us were battle weary and we elected to just look at the site and choose something within the allotted price range. She found a 2012 and a 2011 Altima to her liking for $15k and $14k. She advised her salesperson who stated she would get them ready for her to come and look at so we could close the deal. She then confirmed again that my wife qualified for these vehicles. We then went to the dealership, no short drive at all, and the salesperson told my wife that the vehicles she chose online were no longer available and that they were both sold. We asked for ** the finance manager, but he was again, conveniently not there. The salesperson stated she was upset as well about the situation, because she said it made her look bad, and that she would get down to the bottom of things.

She then speaks with another manager who prompts her to bring my wife to a 2010 base model Altima. Because ** was not there, she said she needed to confer with him regarding the car price. So again we left the dealership with nothing. The salesperson was decent enough to give some gas for our worthless journey, complete with many apologies, but the feeling of being played for fools was overwhelming during the ride home. ** called the next day and stated ** the finance manager said he could put my wife in the 2010 base model Altima, that it was priced at $13,900, but that my wife would be responsible for tags, title, registration....and sales tax. And that would be about $1,400.00. That does not sound like no money out of pocket to me.

I have had numerous vehicles, most of which I put no money down, no money out of pocket to purchase. The term "no money down, no money out of pocket" is not subjective, it means exactly as stated. ** then finally called us two days later and stated that he could put her in the car, but that she had to come up with... another change, $700.00 down payment in addition to tags, title, registration and sales tax. I advised him of previous conversations where he said we would only be responsible for tags, title and registration. I also reminded him of the time where we conversed and he stated nothing of sales tax, that there would be no money down, no money out of pocket. I advised him of the hell that we had been through over the last two weeks, one hand not knowing what the other is doing, lack of communication, lack of organization.

This was a legitimate Nissan car dealership, not some country road Buy Here, Pay Here car lot after all. I told him I felt like we had been put through the wringer and that I would not wish this dreadful process on my worst enemy, and although I myself was not purchasing a vehicle, this was by far the worst dealership I have ever been to. As a person dealing with consumers and the public, proper response should have been, "I apologize if our service was less than expected, let's see what we can do to keep your service and try to rectify the situation" or something like that. This is sales after all. What his response was, "There are other Nissan dealerships if you would like to go to them" and then stated "Let's just go ahead and just end this business relationship" and hung the phone up.

How utterly unprofessional of this man! No empathy, no apologies for all the lies he told, or the time he took from us, the total inconvenience, just a cold hang up on the phone. I have never been the one to file complaints, it's just not my thing, but I'm doing this now, so if anything, no one else will be treated the way we have been treated by this dealership. People need to be made accountable for the service they give and the shady dealings they give to good, hardworking consumers.

My daughter's father, who has cancer and a short time to live, purchased her a new 2012 Altima. This is the first and possibly the last gift he will ever give her. When he called Nissan in McKinney, he inquired about an Altima with a sun roof and was told they did not have one on the lot. However, they could have one installed. The car was purchased and placed in my name until she turns 18. Long story short, they subcontracted to Trinity Leather and accessories, (can not find their listing however, I found them on Facebook), who did an extremely amateur job, looking as if a child did all the fittings and sealants and leaving watermarks and splashes of something on interior, silicon around edges and on car, ceiling panel improperly fitted, materials dangling and not adhered good inside the install, not level on the outside, off center and about 2-3 inches further back than the ones from the factory, etc, etc.

Her father was told when he purchased it that it would look "Factory Installed." I was told when I took it in that it would look like it came straight from the factory. And it looks terrible. The dealer now has the car back, agreed that it was poor work and is sending it to the same place to re-do. According to Dan, that is our only option. This car and the sun roof were paid for in cash. I have numerous pictures and a video that my daughter wants to place on YouTube. I have been given no paperwork as requested numerous times, except the first time I picked it up, after finding they had put over 135 mile on my car and ran it out of gas. It was night and we had not looked at the car, as they drove it up and handed me the keys. The people I have talked to have not followed through and passed me on to others, where I have to explain situation again. Service department generally will only answer after I submit complaints in writing, as returning calls, (although Dan did recently) is not something they are good at. This has been an extreme disaster. I also intend to submit to the AOG, consumer complaints, and any other consumer affairs that I locate,

I was in Prosper, TX on April 11, 2011, when a hail storm damaged my 5-month-old, 5000 miles, Altima Coupe. I wanted to take it to a Nissan dealership because I thought I would get quality service and repair on my new car. Farmers Ins. had recommended Nissan of McKinney.

This dealership had my vehicle for over 5 months. They released the vehicle to me twice, with my returning it due to their deficient repairs. This has been a nightmare of events. I was contacted by Chris **, Owner/Managing Partner, only to be talked to in a disrespectful manner. He stated I have been "compensated" because they gave me a rental car for the last 39 days of the second time they were correcting the deficiencies in their body/paint work. Then I picked it up the second time and took it to another Auto Body Shop to be looked over.

They gave me two pages of deficiencies in the repair job from Nissan of McKinney. These people continually lied to me. They would tell me on a weekly basis that my car would be ready on Friday, only to be told on Friday that it would be the next week. I am a 66-year-old widow with cancer. This has added undue stress to my life.

After having a representative from Farmers Ins. and the Van Tuyl Group come to my son's home to look at the vehicle after the second time I had received it from Nissan of McKinney with deficiencies. They agreed to have it picked up and taken to Crest Cadillac in Frisco for the deficiencies to be corrected. I think it is only appropriate that Nissan of McKinney would assume the responsibility of the way this vehicle repair has been poorly handled, the length of time it has taken, the way in which I was taken advantage of due to my age and the undue stress, their poor customer service and the disrespectful way they talked to me. I would like Nissan of McKinney to take my 2010 Altima Coupe and replace it with another Altima Coupe with the same mileage. I need this vehicle now.

My complaint is mild compared to the others. I have read complaints against McKinney Nissan, but I am an older woman, and I feel I was taken advantage of. At the point of sale, I was denied the zero percent financing promotion. Dale wouldn’t even run the numbers for me. I felt rushed into the sale. I’m now in a big truck that I am having trouble driving--backing up and parking. They will accept it as a trade-in with depreciation, and tack on the difference onto a note with another car. I guess this is a standard policy, but I’m stuck with an expensive vehicle that I’m unhappy with. Buyers, beware.

The owner of Nissan of McKinney, Chris Godwin and his staff pressured and made a verbal and written agreement with a first time car owner and brand new Nissan customer on 1/1/2011, in order to close a lease on a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S base model when the customer stated numerous of time that he couldn't afford the car until April or May.

On March 5, 2011 around 9:30 am, Mr. Godwin denied the terms of the sales agreement and dishonor a deal he made personally. Mr. Godwin agreed to payout 1659.86, consisting of 2 months of my car note paid and six months of my insurance paid, in order to make a sale during Nissan's Year End Sales Event for a sales incentive program that grants them more ad revenue for more Nissan Commercials and commission. That is according to my sales representative.

Because Mr. Godwin went back on his deal, I will not be able to pay for an engagement ring or put money towards my wedding which was planned for June 25, 2011.

I bought a Pre-Owned Certified Nissan Sentra 2007. Nissan of McKinney charged me $2500 since it was a certified car. First week the car died, since then and this car is gone to the dealership many times. 7/30/2010 68,696 R& I/RPL one strut ass'y enterpris $0.00; 7/28/2010 68,641 steering and suspension $0.00; 3/23/2009 39,609 RPL & program immobilizer key(s) $0.00; 2/12/2009 36,318 RPL body control/IVMS module $0.00; 1/21/2009 35,250 R&I/RPL starter motor ass'y rpl fuses/fuse block $0.00; 1/17/2009 35,104 RPL & program immobilizer key(s) $0.00; 1/5/2009 34,671 satellite radio antenna replacement $0.00.

Every time I take the vehicle there, once come back there's something else, the car is very unreliable, and Nissan say they have done 146 point inspection on it before they sell it to a customer. When talk about replacing vehicle, I owe more on the vehicle then its worth and ended up losing more money. They should be courteous enough to replace the vehicle, but Nissan of McKinney really sucks. I am not getting any Nissan for rest of my life and all the advice this to friends, family and co-workers. This record is not up to date; my car is still at the dealership with steering issue.

My wife and I went in to refinance a lease into a buy. What I expected to pay was the residual value of the vehicle plus some fee and charges. The salesman said he had to certify the car before we could buy it. I asked what this meant since we had leased the car new and had been the only possessors of the car. The first salesman said it was a thorough inspection of the vehicle so it could be warranted, i.e. brakes, electrical, mechanical, etc. I told them I didn't need it to be certified, that I only wanted to buy it as my lease contract stated "as is". I was told Nissan USA would not allow them to sell a vehicle unless it had been "certified".

I then asked for a copy of what this certification meant and was told, "No problem, we'll get that to you." They had handwritten something on the back of a piece of paper and said this is what it covers. Basically, they would put nitrogen in the tires and wax the car with something called Zantek? For this they added $2,200 to the price of the car. During the financing meeting, Tan (financing officer?) pulled out a piece of paper which had 12.5% as an interest rate. I said that this was excessively high since our credit is in good shape. He said, "We'll lower it so you don't have to pay more money." What this meant was if we sign all the extended warranty papers, our rate would drop to 7%.

So no, the monthly payments stayed the same, but now we're paying $18K for a car that under contract had a residual of $12k. After this 3-hour ordeal, one salesman said, "Let's get your car washed for you." Thirty minutes later, we were done. The only time the car moved was when it went to get washed. I guess that's how they certify them at Nissan of McKinney. That's one expensive carwash. I will never deal with this dealership again and will probably never buy another Nissan even though we liked the car.

I have been dealing with these jerks for the last 2 months trying to get a new 08 from them. Last night after work I went in and basically got tooled around all night... because I am female? Possibly. Anyway after test driving a car that was brand new, that I knew I could not afford, the dealer says he can put me in a 2007 instead, yada yada. I tried to walk 3 times, but each time we "hit a snag" he would have his boss come and tell me he'd work with me, so he said he just bought a used 08 and needed to pick it up. He said he'd tint the windows for free and would loan me a 2007 to take home until my new 08 was ready which would be today @ 5pm. I take home a 2007, which reeked of piss... no lie. I get it home and my son wants to go for a spin. I turn the key and nada... It took 6 tries before the car turned over. This morning the same bull... keep in mind this is an 07, with less miles than my 06 I am trading in. I get to work and call the dealer and tell him to forget the deal and to bring me my 06 back. He shows up with a 2008 Versa, says he could not get my car because it was blocked in.

BULL!!! So I am forced to go back to the dealership to get my car back, only when I try to start this 08... nada. What the hell? What are the chances, 2 "new" vehicles won't start? I call the dealership and ask for Matt **, only they say it's his day off and he is not there. I tell the other dealer that is not possibly since he was just at my office an hour earlier. He tells me Matt already went home and tries to coach me through the difficult process of how to put the key in and start the car... after jiggling the steering wheel, throwing it in neutral, 10 hail Marys, and a back walk-over the car still wouldn't start. So now I am waiting at my office for these people to return my car and take this Versa out of my sight. Word to the wise... DO NOT SHOP AT NISSAN OF MCKINNEY... Matt **and Adam ** at internet sales are all shady. I called Adam to return my car at 11 and he still is not here. It's now 1:42pm!!!

Nissan of McKinney Company Profile