1.33/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Nissan

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

862 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

My car was bought brand new 2013 Nissan Sentra. The car has less than 68000 miles on it and the transmission has gone out. Nissan Corporation has been a complete nightmare to deal with. They will not stand by their cars even when there is a lot of complaints about this type transmission. I have filed a complaints. They are the worse company I have ever experienced.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I had my payment deferred on June 28, 2017. The women told me that the payment was deferred. They have charged me a 30 late fee for the last 5 months, but most of all they destroyed my credit! Called them today, and the guy told that they can't do anything to repair the error in my credit, but took off the 30 dollar payment for this month.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I leased a brand new 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package in July 2017. My vehicle traded was a 2015 Rogue (same model) I had hit my mileage on a year early. Not only was I pleased with my 15, but I spent 2 years as a Nissan employee, and I retain the Nissan Visa card. I would say I'm a pretty good customer and supporter. In 6 months and 7k (now 8k) miles, my Rogue has had the radio/navigation system fully replaced! My Rogue has also been TOWED into the dealership's service department! I work nights. It was Christmas Eve. The car never made it to work.

Of course, 3 days later after the holiday, the Rogue worked fine and the mechanics could not duplicate the issue. A diagnostic test showed a possible air flow problem... which I read about in another review... but they really have no idea. I am a single mom, on a check-check basis, and one reason I lease is to avoid maintenance! I cry all the time in my car. I am frustrated. Every time I start the Rogue I wonder what will happen next. I have lost confidence in this vehicle. I filed a claim with Consumer Affairs. I have received 2 emails from the gal stating she has tried to reach me multiple times by phone but I have no missed calls, voicemails, nothing, and the number(s) is saved in my phone. I have responded to these emails but then have not heard back from "her".

In the last week, I have called "her" DIRECT line 5x leaving my contact phone number 2x every message. I have gotten voicemail each time. Since December 26, 2017 I have called Nissan Consumer Affairs 8x. I should not have to be dealing with this regarding a vehicle purchased brand new not 7 months ago. Certain staff members at the dealership have been as helpful as they possibly can be but they have limitations which I understand. At least they're on my side. Nissan seems to think this entire issue is a game. It's not. I live in Columbus, Ohio. We do not have major public transport opportunities. I cannot afford a chauffeur, I cannot afford taxi cabs or Uber. Nissan needs to step up.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

There is no doubt in my mind that Nissan's consumer affairs department has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. The lack of concern regarding the safety issues that I am having with my 2013 Nissan Altima (i.e., blind spot warning system, voice activation to use phone, updates and use of navigation system) and the disrespectful and belligerent way that I have felt that Nissan's consumer affairs department has acted toward me will cause me to never want to purchase another Nissan.

I upgraded from a 2001 Maxima to a new 2013 Altima for its safety features. Many of those safety features have not worked properly since the day I took delivery of the car. I have told my local dealership about issues that I am having when I have brought the car to them for regular oil changes. It appears that they have failed to document my issues. I am waiting for the dealership where I purchased the car/have it regularly serviced, to do something about my issues. Hopefully, the dealership can restore my trust in Nissan and resolve the safety issues with my car.

I write this review so hopefully Nissan consumer affairs department learns from my experience. I also want to advise others to be certain to tell your Nissan service department about EVERY issue you are having with your car no matter how insignificant it may seem. Plus, be certain that the service department has documented every issue and that YOU SEE IT IN WRITING. I conclude by saying, I am not certain that Nissan's consumer affairs department is there to help you as a consumer.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I purchased a used 2012 Nissan Rogue from Major World of LIC. It currently has under 94000 miles. While driving home after work one night, on a very busy parkway, the truck decided it was going to stop accelerating. No previous warning lights, no weird sounds, just wouldn't accelerate when I pressed on the gas. I don't know much about cars, but I've been around enough old and rugged's to know a transmission problem when I hear it. First mechanic hooked it up to computer and it said it was an air flow sensor, $400, acceleration no better. Mechanic and I go to Nissan dealer, transmission gone, $3700. School teacher and single parent, $3700 not just lying around.

Everyone says this shouldn't happen when mileage not at 100K. Contact Nissan Manufacturer, they won't help. Warranty expired at 36000 mi, way before I bought truck. I did purchase extended, that expired too, 72000 miles. No other warranties offered. Manufacturer not willing to go half, even though they've fixed for other people, same vehicle, same year, same problem. Suck it up, agree to have transmission fixed, only warrantied for 1yr or 12000 mile... WTH!!!! You can't even guarantee for 100,000 on a new transmission?!?! Need car, have to get work, no choice. Fix Transmission, 2 wks later, horrible knocking sound from back of truck. Thought tire, maybe axle. NOPE, REAR DIFFERENTIAL. $1400 to $1600 to replace. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Car parked now. Can't trust anyone, mechanics, manufacturers, dealer, none of them. $400 bucks a month for a car I can't use. Will never purchase another Nissan Product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Murano SL model 2017.5 purchased 5/8/17. Failed Forward Emergency Braking. Returned to selling dealership which insisted the computer showed no error. The dealer refused to road test the vehicle. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs. They informed me they could NOT do anything to caused the dealership to honor the warranty. They would not help me find another dealership to help me. I located another dealership who found a computer error and debris on the camera repairing the problem. The car now operates properly. Nissan claims they have no control over their dealers so if the dealer won't honor the warranty the problem falls on the purchaser. The car had less than 6000 miles when this occurred.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I contacted Nissan customer care. I currently own a 2013 Xterra Pro4x with 66,000 miles. I have driven manuals for 30 years. First clutch burned out 35,400. Second clutch was looked at in a dealership service at 63,000 miles. Was told clutch looked perfect, drove perfect. Had a smell coming from the clutch. 3,000 miles later driving at 60 mph in 5th gear, the clutch blew up. Sounded like an explosion followed by sounds of metal fragments rolling around inside. Nissan required a dealership to look at it. Their conclusion is the driver error caused the clutch failure.

I've never had to replace a clutch before 90/100k. I've heard from other with the Xterra and Frontiers of this exact same problem happening. Now I'm hearing if the transmissions going out at 76,000 miles. They are wanting $2700 to replace a clutch that is sure to fail again. Something is causing these clutches and transmissions to fail. So many mechanics and friends are telling me to get rid of the car ASAP. Lesson learned do not buy Nissan. Nissan does not stand behind their product.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My 2017 Nissan Rogue on a dozen frightening occasions while I was accelerating uphill on a dry flat road dropped into lower gear and flashed the red alert triangle. Very scary. I have to take my foot off the gas pedal in order to be able to continue accelerating. Very terrifying especially with cars behind me. Nissan service manager and mechanics refuse to acknowledge the problem and treat me badly and tell me to come back with the incident recorded. I think that Nissan is very aware of the problem and is hiding it until there is a major fatality and they have to have recalls. I don't feel safe in my brand new car and I am treated terribly by the dealership management because they are sexist. Does anyone else have this problem? Please post if you do. This is very serious and I am terrified to drive my car.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I am the original owner of a 2006 Nissan Xterra. On Oct. 25, 2017 I took my Xterra in to be serviced as a preventative measure since I was recently informed of a radiator/transmission problem with the Xterra, Pathfinder and Frontier models 2005-2010. After speaking with my neighbor who also has a 2006 Xterra and replaced his radiator; I decided to have my radiator replaced as well (even though I experienced no problems with it) just so I could prevent any infusion of coolant into the transmission.

Much to my surprise Nick called me with the bad news that damage was already done & would cost $6,800 to replace the radiator, transmission and fluids. This also included labor costs. Being fearful of a potential problem I did not want to wait 2 weeks for both the arrival of a new transmission & the mechanics return from vacation; I chose to take the vehicle to another shop. At shop #2 the mechanic informed me there was nothing wrong with the transmission and could not see what the mechanic at Nissan (Greg) claimed to have found; e.g. leakage of coolant and lots of rust in the transmission and on the fluid stick. He did however, find a petroleum based substance in the radiator and was his opinion that oil was placed in the coolant.

Upon having the radiator flushed & bypassed from the coolant entering the transmission, replacing the thermostat & radiator cap (due to damage of the rubber seals from the oil) the cost was $677.84 with labor included; an expense I should never have had to endure. On Nov. 8, 2017 I spoke with Jack **, MGR and shared the findings of the 2nd mechanic. In a nutshell he basically told me he could not help me and stood by his mechanic’s findings. He went on to say “Sorry for your loss” and “If the vehicle was running good at this time he recommended that I sell it”. I have always trusted Nissan to provide excellent care and stand by their products. I have had my vehicle serviced only with Nissan for the past 11 yrs; with Montrose Nissan for the past 7 years. I am sorry to say “they have certainly dropped the ball this time” and me being the loyal compliant customer will not be returning from this point on.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Nissan may make a decent vehicle but the financial company NMAC has a lot to be desired. Customer Service people never listen, can’t resolve issues and always apologize for the other person mistakes but never takes care of the matter at hand. Whoever trains these people needs to retrain or fire them because I refuse to do any more business with them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

After reading so many bad reviews about Nissan Cars I thought I would weigh in. I owned a 2001 Nissan Altima 213,000 miles no major problems. Never changed anything major on this car. Its whole life oil every 3,000 and brakes. Drove this car to the Crusher in 2017 just for its age and bad sensor costing too much for the value of the car. I owned a 2005 Nissan Maxima SL 233,000 miles the transmission finally went. Engine is still strong. I only changed the 3 Timing chains at 160,000. Other than that I never changed anything major on this car. Its whole life oil every 3,000 and brakes. Got rid of this one because the transmission outweighs the cost of the car.

I own a 2007 Nissan Altima S with about 80,000 miles on it and it still runs and drives well. The only thing I could say is it burns about a quart of oil in between oil changes. But is still very reliable. My next purchase is a 2010 SV Premium Maxima with 98,000 miles on it. And I have no problem with getting a Nissan with this mileage, because with proper care they will last well above 200,000 miles.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I received a notification of a recall of my Nissan Versa and told to rent a car from Enterprise. I only carry liability on my Versa, it's not in great shape. Was told by Nissan I would have to cover comprehensive insurance on rental. The date for replacing airbag is May 2018. I live on disability and cannot add this into my budget. I chose to rescind the service and take my chances. I adore Nissan products and am disappointed by this.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I got a 2017 TITAN I pay 441 a month for. I have embarrassingly made 2 of the payments in a loaner vehicle, had to cancel 2 family trips, and continue to be inconvenienced by Nissan both at corporate level and at dealership level. What ever happened to customer satisfaction? What ever happened to making the bad situation or experience right? NISSAN USA doesn't understand these concepts. Seeing everything that I have gone through with my truck has turned off two neighbors of mine from buying Nissan product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have a Nissan Rogue 2013, took it to a dealer in Surrey at 96000 kms because the transmission seemed to be slipping, the service manager took it for a test drive. After coming back about 5 minutes later he told me the transmission was fine and I should just change the transmission oil. I did this and at 113,000 kms the transmission packed it in driving in downtown Vancouver with my daughter in my car. The top speed now reduce to 15 kms an hour. I managed to limp into a parking stall and got the car towed back the dealer.

The dealer and the complaint department at Nissan are now telling me, “Too bad for you, this is out of warranty,” which it is! So I am now on the hook for a $4200.00 bill to get it replaced with no goodwill from Nissan or the dealer on a vehicle I bought new off the lot 4 years ago. I know they have had issues in the past with the CVT transmission so you think they might try to help out, I would never buy a Nissan product after this!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I BOUGHT NISSAN X-trail in 2015 it is still under warranty. My car I-stop (Stop & start function) is not working since last one year. I have been to Nissan many times for the same reason. Till now they have changed few different parts to work it out still it's not working. Now at last they are saying I have to changed I-stop battery which will cost me $350AUS though still under warranty. So I don't why I should pay money if the car system is faulty and still under warranty.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased a 2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 on February 19th 2016. I’ve had the car only 8 months and already the CVT transmission needs to be replaced. This is very frustrating and not acceptable for the fact I financed a newer car so I wouldn’t have this issue. Nissan only gives a 60,000 mile warranty and because of the work I do = Uber the car now has 83,000 miles but it’s all highway miles. Also my regular warranty ended at 75,000 miles so now for a vehicle that I’m still financing I have to pay $2500 out of pocket plus my standard car note. I contacted Nissan and they was suppose to call me back. I’ve never received a call but they keep telling me they did to give me a decision and nothing yet.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017 ********************************************************************************************************
Published on other sites: https://www.yelp.com/biz/nissan-of-queens-service-ozone-park

I have been taking my 2014 Platinum pathfinder since August 2017 for issues with the vehicle jerking and giving trouble to start. I was told the pulley kit needed to be changed. The following week the suv would not turn on,once it was on the engine light came on. I took the truck to Nissan of Queens , left the truck there for 2 weeks till the transmission came in. When i got my vehicle back i saw my push bar was dented on the passenger side. I took the vehicle back on Monday because it was picked it up while they were closing up so rushing it was not noticed until i got home. The manager Ravi said they were not responsible for the dent. ( My vehicle is always parked in a private driveway and did not have any dents on it) . I called another manager there Sando about 6 times left messages till now i never got a call back. I took my truck back the following week Sept 6th for jerking issues and i saw now they take pictures of each vehicle that goes in for service. They told me they cannot find anything wrong so i contacted consumer affairs. After calling them 3 times i finally got an appt for 10/4/17 . I met with the consumer affairs and as i sat down with him he told me he was only there to discuss the truck. I then realized that the manager Ravi had briefed him on the dent on my truck which occurred on Nissan premises. He told me he would take the truck for a test drive and will let me know what the issues are once he returned. He came back and said he did not experience any issues and he couldn't do anything. I explained to him i spent over $50 K(paid off in 14 mths) on this truck which i only have 3 years now and i was having all the same issues as before. He then told me he would check the fluids after 45 mins he came back and said he found debris in the pan and he would need to order a new transmission. They gave me back my truck 10/4/17 with all the same issues. I left numerous messages for consumer affairs but have not gotten a call back as to when my transmission will be replaced. Now 10/17/17 my daughter got into a accident because when coming to a stop the truck started jerking and hit the vehicle in front of her. I left another message for consumer affairs and awaiting a call back. I am still driving a faulty vehicle and a accident occurred because the the cvt transmission jerking. This will be the 3 rd transmission in 3 mths. Nissan should not be selling vehicles with faulty transmission.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Nissan Titan 06 Mechanicals Problems - I recently got several letters regarding recalls on my truck. Let me say this first. Before all this repairs the truck was running just fine. I brought the truck to the Nissan dealer where we always been doing business. "To get this manufactures problems done" one of the recall was #10V517000 and ECU relay. And the second one #10V074000 fuel sender card. This service recall were performed by Auto Nation Nissan in Kingsland Blvd, Katy, after a few weeks driving in the Bellway 8 about 65 mph. And the truck start jerking and losing power with the motor on pressing the gas didn't work. After this I pull over to see what will be the problem and turn the truck off. After a few min. tried turning on and start normal I press the gas and I got more than 3000 rpm.

When I start driving the truck for about 10 min. the truck start doing it again but at this moment the truck stall and was hard to drive until I could pull over again on a gas station I barely make it and I look for gas tank and shows 3/4 of gas. I fill up the tank and tried to go back on the road. But the same thing after a few min. truck was worse. I call the dealer for an appointment and brought the truck on Saturday September 30th. For an inspection. I explain the service person all the details and also at the same time the truck was having another issue, leaking water on the passenger side carpet. The service person told me that, they will check everything but I have to pay for this 3 diagnostic. I told them that, "I have brought my truck for problems related at the work you have done in the truck."

But if they find any problem that is not related with the issues the truck is having I have to pay for all the diagnostics. After three day in the dealer they call me and told me that the leaking under the carpet was the whole problem and the heater core is leaking coolant and that is why the truck was losing power and stalling. It will cost more the $1000 to get if fix.

In my head something told me that this doesn't may sense, since the heater core only works if you put the thermostat to heat. So the heater core wasn't the problem in my understanding. I told them that I will take out the truck for a second word. They told me that I have to pay for three diagnostic according that the problems weren't the malfunction on what they did. I told them I won't pay for three diagnostic. I knew they didn't inspect the truck. So the service person got in to argument and at the end he only charge me one diagnostic. At that point I just knew they are a bunch of liars and they won't fix what they cause. I told that I need an writing statement saying everything they say. About this diagnostic.

After argument for more the three minutes he when inside the shop and talk to the person who did the "diagnostic" and put all the false statement. I look online and found a Nissan bulletin according that there is a leaking on the AC drain that is making the passenger floor wet, so I start inspecting where the pics show and that was the problem. It took me 5 min. to find the problem and $10.00 for parts to fixed, I drive around the neighbor and the truck still having the same issues. Except leaking water.

Now I have a truck seating in my driveway unworking and I totally upset on Nissan service department for been useless and liar on customers like me. Just for no speak perfect English they think they will liar at me. I record and took pictures on everything I did. When I was fixing the leaking issues. So they have to at least fix at this time the truck. The right way.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased a pre-owned certified 2013 Nissan Pathfinder about 1.5 years ago and it was a terrible purchase. I have spent a few thousands of dollars on this car on top of having purchased an extended warranty. There were at least two recalls on this car that were addressed after I purchased the car, two window motor failures within the first year, the compressor from the AC is in the process of being replaced. I will say that these repairs were covered; however, I have had to pay a few thousands for items that were considered normal wear and tear which some items I didn't expect to have to cover so soon after purchasing the car and considering it was a certified car. Overall, I am so disappointed in my purchase and I do not plan on owning another Nissan car again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Losing power in the middle of traffic. Now they are saying I need to replace the transmission which is gonna cost $4600.00 dollar which only have 6800 miles on it. I pulled over. Let it cool down. It's a 2012 Nissan Rogue that I've only had one year. I've read so many reviews on this same problem. There should be some sort of recall on this. Please I need help on correcting this matter. I have breast cancer and I need my car to get to my treatments and it is so dangerous for my car to be lagging in traffic. Please help me.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Last month (September) I was driving and my car would not accelerate. I took my car to Auto Zone so they could run a test on it to see what was wrong. The code they could not read. He told me to try getting my oil changed (I just got my oil changed July but I did it anyway). My car worked fine for a while. I got to a stoplight and again the car started not to accelerate again. So the next day I had it towed to my friend's auto shop. He told me that my transmission had went out. The main issue is that I just had my transmission replaced by Nissan last July. I have a 2015 Nissan Versa.

Nissan states they will not replace my transmission because I'm out of the warranty. I think this is ridiculous. They can obviously see that there are issues with their transmissions because they have several other complaints about it. I am very upset because I have taken care of my car like I should but it still messed up on me and now I am without a car. I am currently appealing Nissan about not covering my transmission replacement. I should not have to go through this at all.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Nissan DO NOT value their customers AT ALL. I have only had my used car for 1 year and I took care of my car. The transmission went out at 118,000 miles 18,000 after the extended warranty. I called consumer affairs after the run around for two weeks. They tell me that they could not cover the cost or at least something on the cost. This is ridiculous. They knew two weeks ago that they was not going to help me with anything. I will NEVER buy another car from them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Nissan will not stand by their bumper to bumper warranty. After just purchasing my brand new Nissan Titan XD 5 days later paint was coming off the front bumper. After working with the local dealer McLarty Nissan in Little Rock and Nissan manufacturer they took the word of some service tech that it was damage. But could not give me any facts on how they arrived at this. When I gave them numerous points and showed them how easily paint was coming off. If I could send my truck back today I would. Do not buy this foreign crap as they will take your money. Buy at your own risk and assume it is a "Buy as is".

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV on 9/25/14 from Miller Nissan In Fairfield CT. It was not disclosed that the vehicle had 3 previous repairs for the transmission. I brought the car in on 10/13/14 and was told it needed a new transmission since this was the 4th time trying to repair the issue. Upon pulling the records for the vehicle, it was shown that the previous owner had been in numerous times for the transmission. The first date the transmission was reprogrammed was 12/5/12. The car was sold to the previous owner in 2014 and on 3/29/14 she reported a bucking with the car. They reprogrammed the transmission at this point. She did not have the vehicle from 3/29-3/31/14. She returned again on 4/2/14 with the same complaint bucking. She returned again on 4/4/14 and they reprogrammed the transmission again. She did not have her vehicle from 4/4/14-4/25/15 (mileage 6127).

She had at some point returned the vehicle to Miller Nissan. I went in to buy the vehicle 9/22/14 and they put in the leather as I requested ($1500). On the repair order it also stated that they should check the transmission for shudder on access. I went in on 9/25/14 and picked up the vehicle and NONE of this information was given to me. I purchased the vehicle and 2 weeks later brought it in on 10/13/14 with 13,316 miles on it because of a heavy shudder and shaking. They replaced the transmission at this point with 13,983 miles on it. I was not happy, spoke to all the managers at Miller Nissan, 6 months pregnant with my 3rd child, Not having my car for 15 days. They said there was nothing they could do. Basically I was sold the car under a lie about the transmission because I specifically asked about the transmission and was NOT TOLD that it had been in previously 3 times for the issue.

On 2/18/16 I brought in the vehicle due to recalls and they reprogrammed the transmission again at that time. I did not have my car from 2/18-3/18/16. Again Very pregnant and I had my baby on 3/2/15. I contacted Nissan 9/11/17 regarding transmission issues again. I went into the sales department to try to see if they would take my car in and get me a new one to fix the issue they created by selling me a car that had known transmission issues that were not disclosed.

The salesperson and manager wanted me to put in another 5K into the car I wanted to purchase and raise my monthly payments, not only throwing away that already $10,000 I paid on the car but also putting more money into it. I walked out and told them I would contact Nissan corporate which I did on this day to open a case. I went back on 9/14/17 because of the transmission issues that had been ongoing and they advised me that I needed another transmission replacement.

I asked for a big rental car for my 3 kids and they said they did not have one. Finally after complaining and leaving no choice to them they got me into an Enterprise rental. I did not have my vehicle from 9/14-9/22/17. I picked up my vehicle last Friday and drove it over the weekend and it drove worse than when I dropped it off. I called Nissan, when in the meantime I was in contact with ConsumerAffairs in an attempt for Nissan to buy back this car upon which I was denied. I called Miller Nissan and brought my car back in on Friday, 9/29/17 and they provided me with a rental with took 2 hours for them to get for me. No one called me on Friday and when I called they advised they were still working on the car and that they found another transmission issue.

I got a call today 9/30/17 and they advised me they attempted to reprogram the car and it did not fix the issue so they had to take it apart and install new parts to the transmission and needed to look at the torque converter along with other issues. This car is CLEARLY A LEMON. Nissan needs to make this right. This is not fair to me and my family and our well being and safety is being compromised by this car. I will be without my car again until next week again. This just shows this car is NOT FIXABLE and will continue to have issues with the transmission. Neither Miller Nissan nor Nissan USA is resolving this issue.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

There are 76,000 miles on my Nissan Xterra. While attempting to pull out onto a roadway my vehicle lost power and would not accelerate to a normal speed. So thankful I was not in heavy traffic. After having two different local repair shops assess the vehicle, I found that Nissan used faulty radiators on certain year models that allowed fluid to leak into the transmission and destroy it. I contacted Nissan and ConsumerAffairs didn't think I had wasted enough of my time and money and told me to take it to a certified Nissan shop for a diagnosis before they would even consider helping... so I did.

After waiting another week or two, they finally called me back to say they could not help because the vehicle was out of warranty. I pointed out that my vehicle only has 76,000 miles and the transmission issue was caused by an issue Nissan was well aware of (but had not recalled the vehicles to fix the issue). That didn't seem to matter. THE VERY LEAST THAT NISSAN SHOULD DO IS OFFER A DISCOUNTED PRICE ON A NEW TRANSMISSION. I will NEVER buy another Nissan.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Purchased new 2017 Altima July transmission had a loose bolt repaired. Two months later again transmission had to be replaced, still under warranty which will expire in another 3 thousand miles. Nissan will not replace or refinance. No explanation given - just no. I requested for them to extend warranty no response. Will never purchase another Nissan again... For $611.00 per month never again. Next car will be a Honda. Always good car!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

This is the beginning of my campaign against Nissan. They build crap cars and don't stand by their product. Do not buy a Nissan. You will regret it. There are ridiculous problems that you would not expect from a car built in the 21st century. They are common across the board. The door handles come off simply by opening the door. Water pools in the driver side floorboard. The airbags will go off for no reason. The airbags are the only thing they'll fix because they know it's a liability.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

For the last 2 years or so my 2015 Nissan Rogue SV has not been sensing my key fob when it's in the vehicle. It happens with both of the key fobs. This occurs intermittently but more often than not. The vehicle has more than 36000 miles so now it's out of warranty. I cannot be the only owner complaining of this issue. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes or so just to start my car because the vehicle thinks I don't have the key fob with me.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I was leasing Nissan/Leaf 3 years. When I called to return instructions at end of the 3 year lease, they offered to extension on one year (with first 3 payments waiver) but they reported to all three credit bureaus 60 days payment late, and when I found it they credited payments as per agreement but my credit profile shows 60 days late not removed from credit bureaus Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. No response from Nissan. My credit score went down so bad I am not able to get pass any credit check. The incorrect 60 days late payment impacting my consumer finance and credit profile.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

2013 Nissan Rogue CVT transmission, The vehicle loses power due to transmission overheating. Going at a rate of speed over 60 MPH on the interstate in heavy traffic and completely losing power is very dangerous. I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs with this complaint and after a review they are willing to cover 50% of the cost to place a cooler in the transmission. I did purchase the extended warranty for this vehicle but because this is not an original part the warranty will not cover the cooler.

Nissan has had many many complaints with this same issue but still only willing to cover half the cost to repair. If Nissan requires this additional part on the vehicle in order for the valve cover to be replaced because of the overheating, then they should cover 100% of the cost!!! I am very dissatisfied with this vehicle and Nissan. This is a very dangerous problem with the vehicle. It's a problem Nissan should fix especially with all the complaints they are getting with this particular CVT transmission. I am very shocked and disappointed with Nissan for not fixing this problem.

Nissan Company Information

www.nissanusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use