Nextar GPS

La Verne, GA

Compare Auto Accessories

Research top Auto Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After I purchased my GPS several years ago, I discovered within months that it was totally useless in the southeast Phoenix area because of new road construction. I contacted Nextar and they had no updates and planned to have none. They said I could trade it in for a new model for just about what I paid for it. NO THANKS. I purchased a new one of a different brand.

I received a gps several years ago and it wired great until it needed an update. Till this day it's not been updated. My son-in-law's TomTom comes with lifetime updates and is quick and easy to do.

This is my second Nextar GPS. I prefer Nextar to the others. My only complaint is that I purchased a game listed on menu, however it didn't activate it. I called customer service about it. I was told they couldn't do anything about it because I didn't buy directly from them. It was purchased online New from either Amazon or eBay. Now my dilemma is that coffee was spilled on it and I may need to purchase a new one. So where do I get one? They are no longer sold at Kmart. I can only find on Amazon or eBay. I want the next one covered by a Nextar agreement.

I did an update and now my Nextar 14-bc GPS is not working at all.

I purchased a Nextar GPS model HGPS35 a couple of years ago. I needed to update the maps so I went online looking for the Nextar website but to no avail. They have absolutely no contact phone number or physical address nor a web address anywhere. I later heard they had merged with Tomtom so I called Tom tom and was told they can not assist me with any information. I am stuck with a device with no technical support whatsoever. This is just a rip off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextar GPS?

My GPS was defective and I have sent it back to them as it was in warranty. They created a repair log and told me that they are starting an RMA process, but I still did not get the device back.

I purchased a Nextar MA852 4BL MP3/MP4 Video Digital player online. I admit, I didn't use it or try to use it for about a year. When I tried to charge the thing, it wouldn't charge. I tried another PC and another USB cable, but it wouldn't charge. I registered my Item, then called customer service at1888-849-0846 and was completely honest with customer service.

Their response was that they couldn't do anything to help me. I informed them that the item was new and I paid my money for it had never used it and that they make MP3 players, not me. The least they could have done was offer an exchange for the product.

I received a Nextar GPS M3-02 unit for my car on Christmas 2008 at around $100. This weekend, a girlfriend and I went rafting in Lotus, CA, a way out in unknown territory. The equipment got us there fine. Afterwards, we needed to return to Placerville for lodging. Well, the GPS screen kept turning green saying I need to update my maps at Nextar.com. Where? This is a way out in the country. When I received this gift, I believe I did register it with no problem and immediately updated my maps with no problem. It was manufactured July 2008. I got home with the blinking green screen by resetting the unit then turning it back on until we got to known territory.

When we got home, I went to the website, I plugged my unit into my computer/via USB port as to page 8 in my Hardware Instruction Manual for updating my maps. You can now only sign in if you ordered by phone or have a .PDF, etcetera and to re-register my unit, I have to have a purchase receipt. I don't because it was a gift. I talked to a representative this morning and they say I can't update my unit. I have to purchase an exchange unit for $89.00 which is the least expensive plus shipping and taxes but since I called they would reduce the price by $15. Also, the green flashing screen is their way to advertise to purchase new equipment. I feel it is a dangerous and unacceptable way to sell guidance products.

I can imagine a family relying on equipment that says you need to update your maps way out in unknown territory and then having the manual that says you can update your maps, on page 8, and not upgrade your equipment in their website nextar.com. Here is their reply this morning and their representative was not friendly, “Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Nextar. We are currently researching your inquiry and one of our friendly customer service representatives will be responding to your inquiry. In the event that your message is received on a holiday or over the weekend, a delayed response is to be expected.

Also, you may want to check our website for frequently asked questions at ****. Sincerely, Nextar Customer Service **** " The answer was I have to upgrade my equipment at the cost of $84+ (minus the $15 since I phoned in). This product is just over by one month, two years old. I truly believe this is a consumer rip off! The public should be aware before purchasing a GPS unit that will go out of date with no notification.

My order # 10015242. product: DC Adapter ( Car Adapter ). credit card charged date: Jun 18th, 08. Today's date: July 9th. Left message on their phone 3 times. emailed 2 times. filled the online email 4 times to ask when I will get my product, no response. Finally my called was transfered to customer service once I was told I may receive my product on July 11, 08. Without the adapter, I can not use my GPS, wasted my time a lot to find places and I did give up to find place some days.

Nextar GPS Company Profile