Leith Honda

Raleigh, NC

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had a relatively positive experience with the purchase of my son’s Honda Civic. However his temporary tag issued by the dealership expired without him receiving the permanent tag from the DMV. The person we were directed to "Tommy **" insisted that it was a state law that they could not extend the temporary tag and that my son should just "park" his car or else he assumes the risk of getting ticketed for an expired tag. Upon research we found that extending the temporary tag is possible and Tommy lied to us. Tommy was extremely pompous as he continued to insist it was not the dealerships responsibility to extend the temporary tag despite when we purchased the car Honda finance representative stating they were "taking care of the tags for you". Highly disappointed in what will be my son's first experience in car ownership and last experience with Leith Honda. Positive point is that he learned several lessons for his next experience.

I went in asking for them to check if my clutch was going out and was also very specific in explaining a problem where the car would intermittently not go into reverse. I asked Roy **, the Service Mgr, if replacing the clutch would fix the problem and he said it would. After looking over the car, they told me I did need a new clutch and also needed new valves on the car ($3,000). This after I had just spent roughly $2000 on new struts, shocks, etc. After talking to the service technician who was to do the repair on my car as he stood there with the Service Mgr and another Service Technician and asked him if doing this would fix the problems with the car and I wouldn't continue to have problems with it after that if I had those repairs, he assured me I would not have further problems.

Based on what they told me, I agreed to the repair. I still have the shifting problem (and now also a power loss problem on shifting that was not there prior to them working on the car) and Leith refuses to fix it and started asking me if I wanted them to rebuild/replace the transmission (AT MY EXPENSE!!!). In looking online at Carcomplaints.com, apparently there are problems with Honda transmissions that Honda knows about but is not telling anyone about. Had they been honest with me, I would not have put more money into the car, so they lied to get the service business anyway knowing it would not fix the problem.

I took my Acura in for a bad worn out belt and a squeaking noise. Jeff called me and told me I need three new belts. After I showed him my warranty on the belts, he told me it's not the belts and it's something else. Very fishy.

I went to Leith Honda last week and brought a "Demo" Honda CRV. It has less than 6,000 miles on it and looked like new. I had looked all over the internet and car trader magazine for the same year CRV that I brought. Let me tell you that I got a great deal! Not often do people say good things about car salesmen and car dealerships. But I think people need to know when the customer is very happy with the outcome.

I knew what I wanted and wanted to pay, and I got both. The manager that helped me after the salesman, was maybe the same one that another letter complained about; He was bald and heavyset (not fat, that's just rude talk). I've no complaints here, just a happy customer.

After negotiating price for a Honda Ridgeline and signing about 10 papers, salesman told me there was 1 form left. He said it was standard procedure. The form said that if anything happened with the vehicle, Leith could not repair it to my satisfaction that I was signing away my rights to a lawyer and would abide by the decision of an arbitrator. They claimed this was a standard form that everyone signed. I would not sign it. They got the truck gassed up and waiting for me. I still would not sign the form. Three different levels of managers came out to convince me this was normal. They refused to sell me the vehicle without signing it. I walked out. I went to another dealer in another Wilson, NC and bought the same vehicle the next day without even being asked to sign such a form. The new dealer said he had never even heard of such a form.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leith Honda?

I would rate this zero stars if I could. I have never been so outraged by a business in my life. They posted a price on the Internet, so I went to view the vehicle advertised. When I presented the ad, I had printed out the sales guy said I didn't know of this price but if you have an ad, we will match the price. He went and spoke to his boss and came back and said it was a mistake.

We spoke to the boss, a fat arrogant bald guy, who was unapologetic and rude. He had no desire to right their wrong. He was quite frankly a p**ck. Not only did they do this at this dealership. We drove down the road to Chris ** Chevy and the same thing occurred. Apparently this Leith monopoly thinks it's ok to post prices they will not honor. Do not support this monopoly of dealerships. Go to crown. They used wrong business tactics and when called out on it were rude and unhelpful.

I purchased a 2010 Odyssey van at Auto Park Honda in August 2009. We took the van to Florida in September. We came out to the car one afternoon and the paint was melted off the dash - completely gone into the black plastic underneath. When I took it to Leith, they said it was because I had an air freshener in the vent that must have leaked and caused the paint to melt. I have never heard of such a crock. Sure, I had air fresheners in the car, but it's not like they are toxic. Whoever heard of an air freshener melting paint? I have used these before and never had such a problem.

The dealership didn't even bother to explain this to me until they told me the car was ready after an oil change. I called the corporate office and got the same runaround. What kind of customer service is that? I totally agree that all they want to do is sell you a car and then not stand behind it. Apparently, it is acceptable quality now for Honda to make a product that will fall apart less than a month after you buy it.

Leith Honda Company Profile