4.8/5 (1509 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My niece bought a car here. She goes to school in California and I didn't want her to drive so I wanted to ship the car to her. When we tried to call Montway, we ended up chatting with somebody. That was a good communication tool that they have. Their process was very good. The person I chatted with gave me a link and told me what it was. I clicked on the link and did whatever I needed to do to get signed up. I then went back to chat with the rep.

After we finished, I got a confirmation email. I looked at the email and had a question. I went back to the chatbox that was still open. I was surprised. I said hello and another agent saw it. There was the availability to continue my dialogue. I developed software and we have a business. We also do text messages and the reason for that is because I don't want my clients to have to sit in front of a computer. Montway has a very good system. They beat everybody in the industry. Nobody has what they have.

The car is a new Mercedes so I was looking for an enclosed trailer to ship it. I got a quote and it was not accurate. But it was a good price and good service. From that point on, I didn't have any communication with the company. And then the driver called me. He was talking about how they gave me a discount but it had to be an open trailer. I couldn't reverse it because it was a day before they came to pick up the car. I didn't wanna go through the whole process again. We would have to go with the plan but it was going to be an open trailer instead of an enclosed one.

I paid 200 less. But I didn't really care about the savings. Say for example my a woman can't make it to a salon appointment. The hair cut is 450 and she is told somebody else can cut her hair for 200. She wouldn’t want it because it’s her hair. Also, I am a foreigner and it took me a while before I can communicate comfortably. The driver had an accent and didn't act like an American. He was taking a new Mercedes and changing from an enclosed to an open trailer which I didn't particularly feel comfortable with. But I didn't know what to say.

If the change came from Montway, which I knew about, I would have been fine with it. But the change was coming was someone that I don't even know. I don't think that's a good setup. The driver was not a business person per see and was just there to collect the car and collect money. He was not there to make a deal with me. But overall, it was still a good effort. Montway did a good job during the pandemic. And there was nothing wrong with the driver. He did what he was supposed to do. In my life, I would probably need one or two services like this. In such cases, I would need somebody to handle the business like Montway did.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the detailed review, Thinh. It's important to us that we provide superior communication to our customers. So we're happy to hear our options worked for you. As part of the logistics process, our team will reach out to many possible options to ship your car. If we present an option that may be different than booking, we've taken the time to make sure they can properly accommodate the vehicle and that they will be able to provide professional service. And if there are any issues, Montway is here to help. We hope you consider us for future car shipments. Have a good one!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I bought a car that I needed shipped to me. The seller was having difficulties finding transport. I found Montway Auto Transporters and they were proactive about getting my business. When the car was picked up though, I wasn't notified. Still, once I got the driver's info, I was able to work with him. Montway subcontracted my move. Communication was great when they were getting my business. Once they got it though, they throttled communication back.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Peter, thank you for taking the time to write a review. As Montway is the broker in this transaction, our services are to assign a qualified carrier to pick up and transport your vehicle to its destination. Once the vehicle is assigned, Montways services are considered completed. While we do provide some assistance after, it is ultimately the responsibility of the assigned carrier. We will make sure to inform the assigned carrier about the communication issues and have our internal Carrier Compliance team perform an audit. As it's important that all carriers we work with provide outstanding service.

We would love the opportunity to try and make things right. We ask that you give us a call at 224-300-5391 or send us an email to feedback@montway.com at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I love Montway's customer service. Their quote was a little higher but it seems like they were a reliable service, so I went ahead with it. I had them transport a Kia, and it took five days. It was excellent. I thought it was gonna be more days. Also, the driver was great. He was very customer service oriented and very professional. He lets me up-to-date as to where he was with my car. My car is also the same as when he took it. I was very thankful for the service. Go with them. They provide reliable, friendly, and professional service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the awesome review, Gabriela! Happy we could help with your Kia. We'll be sure to let the driver know they did a great job.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I used Montway before for a motorcycle transportation. It was coming from California to Texas a few years back and it was covered. It was picked up on time, delivered on time, and there were no issues. Recently, I was picking up a classic car. It's a Triumph 1969 Spitfire and I had to transport it from Maine to Texas. Due to my previous experience, I went back to Montway. Their customer service was good but we had one issue with the first transporter. They already picked up several vehicles at the time and the car would not sit on their bed since there was not enough space for it, even though it's a very small car. But the customer service at Montway managed to get me another transporter. We were a few days delayed but they found the right transporter and the car was delivered safely. When I needed help, there was help on the phone, too.

Montway charged 70 to 75 cents per miles but I had to do it since I could not bring the car or drive it or haul it myself. When you haul vehicles through a long chunk of the country, the price per mile can become prohibitive. So a flat fee for across the country or coast to coast would be great. Other than that, the quote they gave me was accurate because I paid online the day I got the quote. The delivery was really professional, too. The driver was super nice and super friendly. He loaded the car with care and we loaded it together, so there was no mishap. The vehicle was also clean when it arrived. It was not enclosed and it was raining along the way but that was fine. The vehicle was in good shape and there were no issues with it.

All in all, Montway was easy to use and if I have people who want to move new vehicles, I would recommend them. But for classic cars, I would ask them to slice and dice the quotes. So deciding to use Montway would depend on the value of the car. If you got a '63 Corvette coming, which is $120,000 worth, that's fine. But if you got an old GT6 Triumph and you paid $5,000 for it, maybe you're not going to put $2,000 in transportation.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback and review, Stephan. We're always evaluating pricing and your feedback is helpful in understanding what our customers are looking for. Glad we could provide an easy to use service and we hope you consider us for future auto transportation.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I got a quote from Montway and two other companies for the transport of my personal vehicle from California to Georgia and I picked Montway based on reviews I found on the internet. The main issue that I had was whenever I scheduled the service, I told them on my initial call that I needed the car picked up on or before September 3rd because that was my moving date. I thought that was understood. But they put my earliest pick-up date as September 3rd instead. I had to find someone who was able to coordinate the car pick up because I had to leave California on the 3rd. But besides that, everything was communicated clearly and the transfer was done in a good timeframe. Also, the car didn't have any kind of problems whenever I picked it up. The quote I was given was very accurate and it's a good price for the service they provide. If I needed service again, I'd go to Montway first before any other company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review and feedback, Austin. We apologize for the mixup and will be sure to audit to improve our services. Glad to hear that everything else was communicated properly and the service provided. If we can assist with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

You would have to be flexible in working with Montway. They were a little cheaper but it was difficult at times to deal with them. They told me the car would be picked up on one day but they tried to change the date several times. When I was making the contract for the car, I explained to them that I was not in Ohio, the place that it was being picked up from, and I physically had to get there. We set the date based on the time that I was going to be in Ohio. I explained to them I was coming from New Jersey but they tried to change the date to a time of day when I wasn't gonna be there.

At one time, they kept calling my son and he was working so he wasn't answering the phone. The communication was different. I looked at my email and saw that I had missed a call. I called the trucker who hung up on me 'cause he must have been driving. So I called my son again and he said he had a bunch of work calls so he did call them back and everything was okay. The quote didn't change and Montway did end up making it work out but it was very frustrating.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review and feedback, Ellen. We strive to provide the best service possible and will be sure to speak with the carrier regarding their communication protocols. If there is anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I used Montway to move a car from Winston-Salem to Holly Springs, North Carolina. The customer service was good. The time to drive the car from there to here took an hour and a half. They called when they were picking it up, and then they got here about an hour and a half later.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for your car shipping needs! If we can help again in the future just let us know. Have a great day, Brenda!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I wanted my mom's Hyundai. When I called several companies, they all knew it was a delicate situation with my mom passing, but the others contacted me daily, which I found annoying. Unlike the other companies, Montway Auto had great customer service. They were very respectful and they didn't push themselves on me, which I appreciated. They were very helpful too. When I had to call back for more information, they did good. No one was at the house and my brother had to wait. Montway Auto called me and worked with my time frame. They were so efficient and I was surprised, but I was happy. The driver was awesome. He was from New Jersey, and when the gentleman picked up the car, he was great with my brother. When he arrived, he was excellent with me. I went with them because of the reviews I read online. The cost was better than expected as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Susan. We're glad we could help with your delicate situation. Every car has a story to it so we try and treat every order with care. If we can help with anything else just let us know.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

We were in desperate need to get our car home. Someone told my husband about Montway so we called them. The communication back and forth didn’t go well. They gave me one price and then the price changed after a few days. I wasn’t satisfied with that. But I needed my car so we paid the price. Also, I waited for a couple of days to get my car here. But the guy that brought it communicated very well because when he got there to get my car, he called me. And he called me when he would make a stop and let me know he was stopping for lunch so it might be a little delayed. He kept me updated with what was going on getting my car from Tennessee to South Carolina and he made the experience much better. Other than the price change, the transport worked out good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Chinnise, we appreciate the review and feedback. We're happy to hear that the experience worked out well. We'd love the opportunity to try and make things right with your pricing concerns and kindly request you to send us an email to feedback@montway.com. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

When I compared all the information I could find in terms of years in business and customer feedback, Montway was acceptable compared to the others. Their price was also okay and it wasn't hard to get to them. I called pretty far ahead of time and they gave me the timeline. My son moved for graduate school and what was really important to me was getting the car there on a particular day for a very short range of days. They were good about saying, “If you need it here in this range, then we need to pick it up by this time and we will assign the route by this week. Even though you're saying 1,2,3 go now, you won't hear anything until the week before when we assign the driver.” Everything they said was fine. I started getting emails and text messages of what they were doing.

They quoted me $1,174 and that's what it was at the end. The driver was personable. He said, “I don't think I wanna come to your neighborhood.” I said, “I'm glad you called because I was gonna suggest we’d rendezvous at the Food Lion,” which was a place that he had picked out. He was very thorough about taking pictures and explaining stuff. We watched him strap the car on there and got to ask him questions. He explained that the car wouldn't stay in that position the entire time. As cars got loaded and unloaded, they would have to rearrange things to balance the weight out.

The only thing I would have was we had some miscommunications with his office in Sacramento. I asked for copies of the paperwork that I signed and they said, “You should automatically get it but if you don't, call the staff in the office and he can email it to you.” So I did. A couple days went by and I didn't have it. I called him again and he said, "I thought I’d sent that. Let me send it.” We had to do that three times. I don't know what sort of glitch it was, but the third time, he stayed on the phone and said, “Okay, I'm sending it again. Did you get it?” I finally got it.

The most important thing to me was I really wanted some control over when it was gonna get there. We moved my son to California in the middle of the fires. I was calling these people in Sacramento asking, “Are you evacuating your way? Are you affected because trucks can't get through?" They said they were okay. They had a place to keep the car in the meantime. They didn't charge me storage so I was really happy about that.

Since they are not doing the transport themselves, the experience that I might have is dependent on the agent that they pick. I would tremble to have the kind of business model that they do where their reputation is totally dependent on stuff outside of their control. We did have a few conversations from the research I had done and they were good about my questions such as "How do you pick your drivers? Do you have a way to disqualify people if they have a problem, or they can't show that they have insurance?” Some of the people that have had bad experiences, it turned out that whatever company has hired their transport agent didn't have insurance and lied to them or didn't have sufficient insurance.

Montway had said they require them to provide proof of insurance and they keep a database. They stop using people if they get complaints. They said the driver should be able to show me their insurance so I asked to see it. The poor guy said he never got that question but he called into his office and they said he could show it to me. He did and I got to look at it. They were able to resolve the concerns that I had.

Montway worked for me. Did they meet my expectations? Yes. Did they do everything that they said they would? Yes, they did. Some of these horror stories like, "They held my car hostage,” “They asked for more money,” “It was wrecked, and they took no responsibility,” I didn't have any of that bad stuff happen. Montway did everything they were supposed to do.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing review! Thank you for choosing Montway for your transport, Jill. We're so happy to hear that you did your research and asked a lot of questions. We ask all customers, potential or current, to ask as many questions as possible. We are a niche industry and there is a lot to know. We have no problem helping in any way we can to ensure you have a great experience. We hope you consider us for any future transport needs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I was buying a personal vehicle from California to transport to Kentucky. It was 2,200 miles. I have a few friends who transport cars for a living, but they were too busy, so I called Montway. I Googled them and they were one of the people that answered the phone. I ended up choosing them and the customer service was great. The cost was appropriate as well. I reached out to them and they gave me the driver's cell phone number. They would contact him and see where he was at, keeping an eye on where he was located at, and he would text me and say, “Hey, I'm here.” The driver was super. All in all, Montway is a good transport company. The purchaser who I got the car from explained to me what condition it was gonna be in, and they met my satisfaction.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Stephen! We strive to provide the best service we can and work with the most professional drivers. We hope you consider us for your future shipments.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I bought a car that was 900 miles away and I needed to have it shipped to me, which took less than two days. Montway's service was extraordinary and the price was better than a few others that I checked. I couldn't have asked for more. I’m very pleased.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Brian! Near or far, we'll help ship your vehicle to where it needs to go. We hope you consider us for your future shipments.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We contacted Montway via chat at 7 o'clock in the morning and they answered right away. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they answered. Also, the quote they gave me was very accurate. They said the delivery was gonna be Thursday and they came on Saturday but they were very communicative about that so that's okay. I was going across the country and things happen.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Deb. We know communication is important so we provide expanded support hours across multiple communication methods to meet our customer's needs. If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I bought a new car that was located in Louisiana and I needed to ship it to California. Montway's online reputation was good. They had a lot of positive reviews. They also had a very competitive price. Their reps were proactive and they got back to me on time. They were very good salespeople. For the most part, the quote was accurate. There was a last-minute change of $50, which was slightly annoying, but on a $1,200 deal, it was not that big of a deal. The driver was phenomenal. He was very thorough with his communication and he was very on point. It was a five-star delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that despite a price increase, we were able to service your order adequately, Ray. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the carrier.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I bought a four-door Chevrolet sedan and needed it shipped 1,200 miles. When I was looking for a car transport, I used uShip and different companies bid to transport my car. There were a couple of them that I contacted who turned out to be illegitimate businesses. I looked for reliable auto transport companies and I found Montway and AmeriFreight. I contacted AmeriFreight first and they gave me a low quote. However, when it was time to book the transport, that quote went up substantially. I went to Montway and someone came online to chat with me. The rep efficiently got down to business and they transported my car for me. The quote I got was very accurate and the timeframe of the move worked out fine for me.

The seller of my car said that the car only had one ding on it. When it arrived, it had 12. Still, there was nothing major that cannot be taken care of. Also, the dings couldn't have been because of Montway's transport because they're all over the place. If I have to use an auto moving service in the future, I"ll consider MOntway first. My move worked fine with no glitches and hitches.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Vince. Glad we could provide efficient and professional service for your needs. If there anything else we can help with just let us know!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I bought a car online and had to transport it for about 800 miles. I put it on uShip and I got two or three quotes. I read a review about Montway that steered me that way, and I ended up booking through Montway's actual website rather than through uShip. All the communication was done online and it was great for me. They charged me what the quote was exactly and the timeframe was better than expected. But one comment I would have is that they've called me on the phone at least twice and then they've also emailed me other requests to review their service. My suggestion would be to quit bugging customers or at least make an effort to bug them once and then leave them alone.

Montway Auto Transport response

Scott, thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad to hear that everything worked out.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Our experience with Montway was fine. There were a lot of people out there that were cheaper, but other than that, it was good. Montway's representatives did very well and they were good about getting back to us. I was supposed to actually agree to the contract, and I did but it didn't look like it had gone through. They were Johnny-on-the-spot and did a good job. I particularly liked the guy who picked up our car. I said that there's a Walmart nearby and that it'll be a lot easier for him. He did a really great job and he spent some time explaining things to us.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are very happy to hear that your transport went well, Sue. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to Cruz Brother's Transport.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We had three cars to move but only two drivers. The delivery was a bit of a problem in that the cars were delivered to my daughter's house because we had not arrived in the state. They delivered them to my daughter's account. She unwittingly signed the bill of lading saying that there was no damage, but there was some. So, I contacted Montway, and they said, "Sorry. The bill of lading, the delivery confirmation was signed. Therefore, too bad, you can't do anything about a claim," which was unreasonable and unfair. Apparently, the claim has to be with the independent contractor that drove the truck and not with Montway. However, they could have intervened. If they contracted with this driver, they could have done something other than just tell me to try to figure it out myself. They picked the car up and dropped it off on time. It's just that there was damage to the car that they won't take care of.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Dale, I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your claim. Our team has shared with you potential solutions in proceeding with your claim. We would be happy to assist in finding a resolution. Currently, we are waiting for you to share the requested documentation to proceed forward from our previous communications. We kindly request that you contact us at feedback@montway.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

The lady from Montway was really helpful. She got a quote very fast. We had other quotes and she took care of matching whatever price we needed. We also looked at their reviews online and they had good ones so we went with them. The driver was very fast and professional and the quote was very accurate. Everything was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the excellent review, Grace. We appreciate you choosing Montway for your transport needs. We'll be sure to let Kyra know that she did an excellent job servicing your order. Looking forward to assisting again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

My daughter moved from New York to California. Also, we were going to move in January so I looked into a number of transport companies. I wasn't happy with the answers I got from other companies. And compared to others I had checked out, Montway's quote was in line. It wasn't the highest, it wasn't the lowest.

The rep I spoke with was very friendly, attentive to what I needed, and answered my questions. The delivery went very smoothly. The driver kept in contact with us constantly prior to picking the car up and prior to dropping it off. He was very helpful as far as working out where he was gonna be picking it up and dropping it off. He got there way ahead of when he was supposed to. Given another chance, I would definitely give Montway a callback.

Montway Auto Transport response

Dan, we are so glad to hear that everything went well with your daughter's transport and that Steph answered your questions adequately. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I had purchased a vehicle in Georgia and I needed it moved to Ohio. We used Montway and they were good. The quote went up 100 bucks. But the quality of the vehicle when it arrived was fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Greg, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please give us a call at (224) 300-5391 or feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

The car I bought was in Pennsylvania and I had to move it to Detroit. Everything was really good with Montway. The only problem I had was with their website. I originally put the wrong ZIP code in and it was a real hassle to change it. I was irritated because I spent an hour on the computer trying to change my code and I still wasn’t able to do it. At that point, I was ready to go with another company. Then, I booked it over the phone. The car arrived in good condition.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Ken. We're sorry to hear about the issues with the website. We'll make sure this is reported to our development team. If you have any issues in the future, please contact us at feedback@montway.com right away. Overall, glad to hear the car arrived in good condition. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I had a car in my home in North Carolina that needed to be transported to Vermont. I was looking for somebody to transport it other than me taking it and putting it on a trailer. Montway was the second company I looked at and they were the only ones that got back to me. The rep was great. He took the time to list everything that we needed and what was gonna to be done. It was straightforward. Within three days, they were there to pick it up so it was pretty quick. However, the cost was a little bit more than what they quoted me and they did not communicate during the transport. I got an email was after the fact that it was already delivered. Other than those, it worked out real well with Montway. They found somebody to do the transport and the guy that did the transportation was wonderful.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hey Chris, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear everything worked out well. We'd love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please send us an email to feedback@montway.com when you get a chance.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I moved from Hawaii to South Carolina so I had my car shipped. The quote I got from Montway was good. The transport took about a month. The driver drove from west to east so the car was dirty but it wasn't damaged. I can live with that. Montway has good service. I was not disappointed at all.

Montway Auto Transport response

Calvin, we are glad to hear that everything went smoothly with your transport from Hawaii. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was relocating from North Carolina to Texas and Montway's reps were incredibly pleasant. The quote was around what I had expected and budgeted for and it was 100% accurate. Also, the vehicle's condition was perfect on the delivery. Everything looked like it did when I left the vehicle to be transported. The driver was quite friendly. He had a delay but he kept me informed during the process.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Nicole. Glad we could provide great service. We'll be sure to let the driver know they provided great communication. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was moving across the country and I wanted my car with me. I googled and got a quote from two places. Montway was one of them. I wanted to fill out the trunk with stuff and they could accommodate that so I went with them instead of the other company and got a quote. Everything was through the chat window in the browser. It was no wait and they answered all the questions quick and prompt. They arrived before I expected the car to come. I don't see any scratches on the car and the quote was spot-on. It didn't vary at all. It might have been a bit pricey than the other companies but on the other hand, I didn't have to worry about it. They did. If I have a friend that needs to move the car, I would say that they should go with Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests, Astrid. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Montway is reliable, dependable, and very affordable. I had my car transported from Texas to Georgia. I looked into five transport companies and researched the prices. Montway was the cheaper one. I did an online process to start. They called right away to give a quote and the online quote I got was exactly the same. Then I ended up filling everything by phone. Once they did the deposit, they set up a transport service five days later. After that, it went pretty quickly.

The drivers took detailed pictures. It was a map of my car detailing anything they saw and they gave me those. They were able to get my car within one day of my anticipated date. The whole process took seven days from me booking the online appointment to finishing up everything. The car arrived with no issue.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are thrilled to hear that everything went smoothly throughout the process, Ericka. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We were moving and we had an extra vehicle and not enough drivers. I received quotes from about a dozen transport companies. The quotes went as high as $2,500 and there were quotes as low as $600. We started to do the research and looked at some of those. The high ones were far too high and with the low ones, there were a lot of additional fees that weren't upfront that might come into the cost at the end. Montway was very reasonable and they were upfront. Also, their reviews were the best when I was looking for a nice balance between the cost and the quality of service. Their rep and I talked about what I needed and they made the arrangements. They had a driver arranged within 36 hours and what they quoted was what we paid.

We had arranged for the driver to come for the pick up and I was supposed to meet him but I ended up in the hospital with surgery. The driver reached out and said he was coming. I said I was in the hospital and he was very sympathetic. I told him he was gonna meet my wife and my son. The driver came to the parking lot in the church by our house and he was very professional and helpful. My wife felt extremely at ease with him. He loaded up the vehicle and went on his way.

It only took about three days to get from New Jersey to its destination, my parents' house in Iowa. He called me at different stages of the trip and kept me abreast of what was going on, where he was, and how close he was gonna be to dropping it off. My folks live in a small town off the interstate. They parked on one of the main roads in town and then took the vehicle up and brought it down to my parents. From stopping the car, taking the vehicle off, driving to my parents' house, walking up to my parents, and then knocking, he gave me a step-by-step through the whole process. It was quite amusing.

I got to hear the whole interaction when he was dropping off the car and when the last payment was made. That was very good. My parents are older and they were quite happy with the whole process. The driver was a really good guy and everybody who had any interactions with him said he was a good guy. My phone interactions were fantastic and it was delivered on time, very safely, and securely. We had an excellent experience. I have another car that's out in New Jersey and at some point, we're going to arrange for the delivery with Montway. We're pretty excited about that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Scott. We encourage all customers to do their research. Our industry is very niche and has a wide range of variables to consider. We do our best and use a wide range of technology and industry knowledge to provide a fair and accurate quote. We also pride ourselves on working with the most professional drivers out there. So we're happy to hear that the driver provided great service. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. Have a great one!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I looked at 3 or 4 companies. Montway wasn't the cheapest nor highest but the reviews online were good and reliable. The driver was awesome. He picked the car up from my family in Florida and they said he was a real nice guy. He called a day and a half later and said, "I'm a couple hours outside of Philly. Where can I meet you? At this address, right?" I said, "The address is right but I'm gonna be home not at least 'til tomorrow night, if not, the next day." He said it was not a problem, that he'd wait around at the local truck stop or he'd see if he could drop off another car or pick one up in the area. He also told me to let him know when I was ready and he'd come meet me.

The guy was super nice. I felt bad that he had to wait around 'cause time is money in that business. He had to spend the extra night at a truck stop and lost out on a day's money where he could have been making another drop-off or pickup. One thing that Montway dropped the ball on is they gave me a 3 to 5-day window, not a 2-day window. Other than that, everything went good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Chadwick, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear the driver provided great service. Please note that while Montway does work with the drivers in scheduling, it is ultimately the final decision of the driver when it comes to planning their route. The driver informed Montway that their travel time would be around 3-5 days. We'll be sure to let the driver know that overall they did a great job and also work with them on optimizing their travel schedule. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this further and kindly ask that the reviewer send us an email to feedback@montway.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

The communication with Montway was a little bit spotty at first. I had to transport my father's car from Florida to Rhode Island and the first agent I spoke to didn't explain everything to me so I was surprised by a few things. For one, they're a broker and they deal with local companies all over. I didn't know that. The other thing was the method of payment and the cancellation policy weren't explained to me upfront. I didn't feel like the first agent I spoke to gave me good information. He was more anxious to book it.

The particular company who we booked had to cancel because they had an issue with their truck. They couldn't do it in the timeframe that I needed it done. I did speak to a supervisor and the supervisor was excellent. He took charge of it and explained. I've already called him about the lack of information with the first conversation then I spoke to him a second time about the canceled truck and what to do from there. He found another trucking company and they were able to get there exactly when I wanted them to. The supervisor was very communicative which I appreciated. The trucker that they hired was excellent. I couldn't have asked for any more from this trucker.

I would recommend Montway because in the end, it all worked out. I was very happy with the trucker and with the supervisor who jumped in and helped me. However, I would put a caveat that people need to make sure that the agent they speak to definitely gives them all the information they need. They gotta make sure that they ask a lot of questions about payment and scheduling. Even if the agent doesn’t tell them, they have to know enough to ask. It was a stressful time with my dad dying and it would have been nice if it was less effort and I had the information correctly. I had to call back a bunch of times then the first trucker canceled. I felt like it was more work than needed to be done at that time. If I wasn’t under so much stress from my dad dying, maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad.

Montway Auto Transport response

Betsey, we are sorry to hear that you felt your booking agent was not the most informative, but we are glad to hear that Pierre stepped in to make this right. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information