4.9/5 (1466 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was relocating from North Carolina to Texas and Montway's reps were incredibly pleasant. The quote was around what I had expected and budgeted for and it was 100% accurate. Also, the vehicle's condition was perfect on the delivery. Everything looked like it did when I left the vehicle to be transported. The driver was quite friendly. He had a delay but he kept me informed during the process.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Nicole. Glad we could provide great service. We'll be sure to let the driver know they provided great communication. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was moving across the country and I wanted my car with me. I googled and got a quote from two places. Montway was one of them. I wanted to fill out the trunk with stuff and they could accommodate that so I went with them instead of the other company and got a quote. Everything was through the chat window in the browser. It was no wait and they answered all the questions quick and prompt. They arrived before I expected the car to come. I don't see any scratches on the car and the quote was spot-on. It didn't vary at all. It might have been a bit pricey than the other companies but on the other hand, I didn't have to worry about it. They did. If I have a friend that needs to move the car, I would say that they should go with Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests, Astrid. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Montway is reliable, dependable, and very affordable. I had my car transported from Texas to Georgia. I looked into five transport companies and researched the prices. Montway was the cheaper one. I did an online process to start. They called right away to give a quote and the online quote I got was exactly the same. Then I ended up filling everything by phone. Once they did the deposit, they set up a transport service five days later. After that, it went pretty quickly.

The drivers took detailed pictures. It was a map of my car detailing anything they saw and they gave me those. They were able to get my car within one day of my anticipated date. The whole process took seven days from me booking the online appointment to finishing up everything. The car arrived with no issue.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are thrilled to hear that everything went smoothly throughout the process, Ericka. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We were moving and we had an extra vehicle and not enough drivers. I received quotes from about a dozen transport companies. The quotes went as high as $2,500 and there were quotes as low as $600. We started to do the research and looked at some of those. The high ones were far too high and with the low ones, there were a lot of additional fees that weren't upfront that might come into the cost at the end. Montway was very reasonable and they were upfront. Also, their reviews were the best when I was looking for a nice balance between the cost and the quality of service. Their rep and I talked about what I needed and they made the arrangements. They had a driver arranged within 36 hours and what they quoted was what we paid.

We had arranged for the driver to come for the pick up and I was supposed to meet him but I ended up in the hospital with surgery. The driver reached out and said he was coming. I said I was in the hospital and he was very sympathetic. I told him he was gonna meet my wife and my son. The driver came to the parking lot in the church by our house and he was very professional and helpful. My wife felt extremely at ease with him. He loaded up the vehicle and went on his way.

It only took about three days to get from New Jersey to its destination, my parents' house in Iowa. He called me at different stages of the trip and kept me abreast of what was going on, where he was, and how close he was gonna be to dropping it off. My folks live in a small town off the interstate. They parked on one of the main roads in town and then took the vehicle up and brought it down to my parents. From stopping the car, taking the vehicle off, driving to my parents' house, walking up to my parents, and then knocking, he gave me a step-by-step through the whole process. It was quite amusing.

I got to hear the whole interaction when he was dropping off the car and when the last payment was made. That was very good. My parents are older and they were quite happy with the whole process. The driver was a really good guy and everybody who had any interactions with him said he was a good guy. My phone interactions were fantastic and it was delivered on time, very safely, and securely. We had an excellent experience. I have another car that's out in New Jersey and at some point, we're going to arrange for the delivery with Montway. We're pretty excited about that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Scott. We encourage all customers to do their research. Our industry is very niche and has a wide range of variables to consider. We do our best and use a wide range of technology and industry knowledge to provide a fair and accurate quote. We also pride ourselves on working with the most professional drivers out there. So we're happy to hear that the driver provided great service. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. Have a great one!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I looked at 3 or 4 companies. Montway wasn't the cheapest nor highest but the reviews online were good and reliable. The driver was awesome. He picked the car up from my family in Florida and they said he was a real nice guy. He called a day and a half later and said, "I'm a couple hours outside of Philly. Where can I meet you? At this address, right?" I said, "The address is right but I'm gonna be home not at least 'til tomorrow night, if not, the next day." He said it was not a problem, that he'd wait around at the local truck stop or he'd see if he could drop off another car or pick one up in the area. He also told me to let him know when I was ready and he'd come meet me.

The guy was super nice. I felt bad that he had to wait around 'cause time is money in that business. He had to spend the extra night at a truck stop and lost out on a day's money where he could have been making another drop-off or pickup. One thing that Montway dropped the ball on is they gave me a 3 to 5-day window, not a 2-day window. Other than that, everything went good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Chadwick, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear the driver provided great service. Please note that while Montway does work with the drivers in scheduling, it is ultimately the final decision of the driver when it comes to planning their route. The driver informed Montway that their travel time would be around 3-5 days. We'll be sure to let the driver know that overall they did a great job and also work with them on optimizing their travel schedule. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this further and kindly ask that the reviewer send us an email to feedback@montway.com. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

The communication with Montway was a little bit spotty at first. I had to transport my father's car from Florida to Rhode Island and the first agent I spoke to didn't explain everything to me so I was surprised by a few things. For one, they're a broker and they deal with local companies all over. I didn't know that. The other thing was the method of payment and the cancellation policy weren't explained to me upfront. I didn't feel like the first agent I spoke to gave me good information. He was more anxious to book it.

The particular company who we booked had to cancel because they had an issue with their truck. They couldn't do it in the timeframe that I needed it done. I did speak to a supervisor and the supervisor was excellent. He took charge of it and explained. I've already called him about the lack of information with the first conversation then I spoke to him a second time about the canceled truck and what to do from there. He found another trucking company and they were able to get there exactly when I wanted them to. The supervisor was very communicative which I appreciated. The trucker that they hired was excellent. I couldn't have asked for any more from this trucker.

I would recommend Montway because in the end, it all worked out. I was very happy with the trucker and with the supervisor who jumped in and helped me. However, I would put a caveat that people need to make sure that the agent they speak to definitely gives them all the information they need. They gotta make sure that they ask a lot of questions about payment and scheduling. Even if the agent doesn’t tell them, they have to know enough to ask. It was a stressful time with my dad dying and it would have been nice if it was less effort and I had the information correctly. I had to call back a bunch of times then the first trucker canceled. I felt like it was more work than needed to be done at that time. If I wasn’t under so much stress from my dad dying, maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad.

Montway Auto Transport response

Betsey, we are sorry to hear that you felt your booking agent was not the most informative, but we are glad to hear that Pierre stepped in to make this right. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I shipped my SUV from Atlanta to Texas. It was put on the back on the lower part of the truck and I questioned why it was in the back but the driver assured me that nothing would happen to my car. My car was damaged. It was delivered with the luggage rack all smashed in on both sides. I called Montway and they told me that I would have to go through the company but I don't know who was the broker they used to get my car. There was nothing they can do about it and I will have to file a claim through my insurance company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Yvonne, I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your claim. Our team has shared with you potential solutions in proceeding with your claim. We would be happy to assist in finding a resolution. Currently, we are waiting for you to share the requested documentation to proceed forward from our previous communications. We kindly request that you contact us at feedback@montway.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I went with Montway because of the reviews and the price but they raised the price at the end. The driver was great though. He was very helpful, very informative and stayed in contact the entire time. He communicated really well. Because the truck was loaded, the pickup took a little bit longer by an hour. The transport took five days and I would use the service again.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that everything worked out, Melissa. Our quotes are based on the current market rate, and unfortunately, there are times the rate fluctuates greatly. We do thank you for understanding, and your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I needed to have the car transported to where I live which is just an hour away. I was about to have surgery and I wanted to make sure the car was in my driveway. Montway was the cheapest so I went with them. There was a little confusion though. They have to get on board with what's going in the company and finding out where they gotta go, pick up the car and drop it off. That was the only mix-up we had. The cost was good. I like the way they split it up ‘cause that helps a lot. Overall, the experience was good. The vehicle arrived in perfect condition.

Montway Auto Transport response

Marci, we are thrilled to be able to assist. We are glad the mix up was taken care of and the rest of your transport went well, thank you for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I bought a ’67 Camaro and had to transport it from Goodrich, Michigan to Plano, Texas. I did an online search for transport companies and requested a quote from Montway. I was contacted by one of their CSRs and she was awesome. She gave me a way to contact her and she kept in touch with me throughout the process. She took ownership of the deal. I chose to go with them because of her customer service.

The quote they gave was very competitive. They weren't the lowest but they were not the highest. And their website was simple and efficient to work with. The transport took two days and the car was a little dusty when it was delivered but it was fine. It was in an enclosed trailer and the driver had another car behind it that he had to drop in North Texas so he stopped there first. He communicated with me the whole process - when he was leaving to go pick up the car, the estimated time, allowed me to give that time to the dealer that had the car, when he got on the road, where he was gonna stay the night, and what time he expected to be in Texas. The customer service from Montway was above what I expected. They gave very personal service and they interacted as if that vehicle belongs to them personally.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the awesome review, Jack! Glad we could provide top-notch service for your Camaro. Everyone's car has a story and it's important to us that it's treated with care. If we can help with anything else just let us know!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Everything went pretty smoothly. It took maybe a week to get Montway to commit but once they found a driver for the vehicle, it was just a couple of days. The only thing was once I booked and they were finally going to pick up the car, the price was maybe $50 more than they quoted. I don't know how that happened, but they changed the price from the online price.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Randy. We appreciate the opportunity to help ship your car!

We do apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the price. Our team has reached out to discuss in more detail. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email us at feedback@Montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I was happy with Montway. There were no glitches from pickup to delivery. They did the transport from California to Florida in 3 days and it went great. They wouldn't come into my street for the delivery because it was too narrow so they kinda stopped at the McDonald's around the corner and I went out and picked it up. The cost went up slightly because I had a bunch of luggage in the car. They said that they had to charge for the weight of the luggage a couple hundred bucks.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Steve, thanks for the review. Happy to hear most everything went well. We reached out to the customer to clarify the luggage policy and upon audit, decided it would be in the best interest of the customer to compensate for the inconvenience. Truck drivers have very tight restrictions when it comes to luggage in the vehicle and it's important that we clarify the reasoning behind our strict terms. If the customer has any other questions or concerns, please contact us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I bought a vehicle. It was just the vehicle I was looking for and it was across the country. I liked everything on Montway's website and how the website worked. It was pretty easy. I went with them for the transport of the vehicle. The quote was more than what I wanted to pay, but it is what it is and it was fair. Also, the driver was great and the pick up time was better than my expectations. I was really pleased with how everything transpired. I’d use them again in a heartbeat if I need to.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review and feedback, Rick. We're happy to hear that our website was easy to navigate. All part of our goal to provide a seamless experience. If there is anything else we can help with just let us know!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I have used Montway twice. The last one took four days. The only problem I had was that I paid for a set pick-up time and day. It wasn't until like two hours before that it was actually picked up that I had any communications from them, as opposed to me having to call them and try to figure out where they were at.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Loren, we apologize for the inconvenience. Communication is incredibly important in our industry. We have passed your feedback to our specialty services team so that they may review your order. We also reached out to discuss your order in more detail. We thank you for speaking with us and if there is anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Resolution response: Nov. 30, 2020

Montway has addressed my concerns and I am pleased to change my review from four to five stars. I would use them again for auto transport.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

My husband and I have a son who is attending college in Michigan, and we live in California. We shipped the car out there so that he would have some transportation. We looked at at least five transport companies. We made arrangements to go with another company, but we weren't happy with where it was going. I found Montway to be, at the outset, much more professional and responsive. From the time I made my initial call until I was contacted by the driver was a matter of several hours, as opposed to having to reach out to the other one and not getting a phone call back. The car was picked up that night because they were in the area.

Kyra, the first person I spoke with, was terrific. However, there was some miscommunication about how long delivery would take. Her words to me were that the transport company had five to seven days to deliver the car, when what she really should have said was it's approximately five to seven days because it took them 12 or 13 days. And that was very different than what we had expected. When I followed up with the delivery estimate, and that miscommunication, the first person I spoke with was absolutely not well-equipped to handle customer issues. I found him very difficult to understand and he just kept repeating the same thing. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. Layla called me back and she was much more helpful. But she told me that she would look into some sort of compensation for our troubles and would call me back, but she never called me back.

Montway's prices were reasonable, and the quote was accurate. They were much easier to work with and I didn't feel like I got the runaround on getting everything set up. They were professional but needs to be sure they understood the specifics of the delivery times.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Jennifer. We're glad everything worked out well but we do apologize for the miscommunication regarding timing. Communication is incredibly important and this is a good example of how a few misspoken words can lead to a lot of headaches. Feedback such as yours is how we continue to improve our processes and services so we can stay the top-rated company in our industry.

We have audited the order and reached out to the customer to provide compensation for the communication issues. If the customer has any additional feedback or questions, please contact us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I looked at 3 companies and Montway was the one that got to me fastest. There were a few other competing quotes that were a bit cheaper but they didn't get back to me or I would send emails and calls and I would get nothing back. Montway answered all of my questions and I was on my way within a matter of 5 to 10 minutes setting up the pickup in LA. They transported a personal vehicle to New York in 9 days. The estimated time was a week and it took a bit longer than that but it wasn't that much of a big deal. The quote was spot on and everything went smoothly. The experience was painless. I was always in contact with Montway or my driver. I never felt like there was any funny business going on.

Montway Auto Transport response

Rami, we are glad to hear that you were kept informed during your transport. Delays do occur sometimes, and we truly appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I bought a car in New York and wanted it in Tucson, Arizona. Montway was able to do the service when I wanted it and their price was very reasonable. Their rep was very knowledgeable and answered any questions that I had. He did a good job. The price was good and it was accurate. I had a friend that lives in Tucson that was there and met the driver. We had a little glitch on the address. Either Montway or I transposed the address numbers from 585 to 855. But when the driver called my friend in Tucson, she corrected it and there was no problem. The transport took five days from the time it left New York to Tucson.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that the hiccup didn't cause too much trouble, Richard. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I had an ‘89 Porsche which I was giving to my grandson and I needed to transport it about 80 miles down there. I compared three transport options then I went with Montway because their price was good and they could do it quickly. Things went pretty smoothly and their service was a good value. But they came a day late and we were a little disappointed they didn’t get it on the day they promised. Just had too much going on. But that was the only problem that I had and once arriving, the driver was good. They handled the car with care and my grandson said it was handled well down there, too.

When they loaded it first, they told me they were going to have to take it back to their base and put it on a different truck to carry it. I needed a winch struck on this end because the battery was dead and I had an emergency brake. It was grabbing, so I decided not to try to charge it up and drive it, just let them winch it home. But the driver ended up taking it all the way down there with the same truck. So, it got there quickly and it took about an hour and a half. There was also no damage on the car when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Oliver, thanks for the review! We're sorry to hear that we did not meet your pickup expectations. Montway provides estimated dates for pickup based on thousands of similar shipments. But dates are not guaranteed as delays can occur for various reasons ranging from traffic, weather, mechanical and more. We are happy to hear the driver did a good job and handled with care. We'll be sure to let them know! If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was picking up a car in Scottsdale, Arizona. The guy down there said he was having trouble getting a shipper. So, I called Montway and I set it up with them to pick the car up in Arizona and bring it back here to Plymouth. After that, I called and got a quote because I was looking at another car in Seattle. They gave me a quote that I was happy with to bring the car here to Michigan, but the deal fell through.

The only thing I was a little disappointed on is when the guy was coming up here in Plymouth, Michigan and he called me to meet him over at a Walmart parking lot somewhere over off of Southfield Road in Southfield. I told him, “I'm not driving out there. With traffic, it's a half hour drive. What am I gonna do when I get there? I gotta drive there, leave my car there, and pick it up, and bring it back home. What am I gonna do? If you’re worried about where you’re gonna park, there’s a big parking lot up here at Home Depot, a mile from where I live. If you wanna meet me there, I'll meet you there, and I'll make arrangements for the car.” And he said, “Okay, I'll be there in a half hour.” That was around 7 o'clock. Finally, he started calling me at 9:30. I said to myself he better find a place to sleep because I’m not coming up there to pick up the car.

About 20 minutes or so, there was a knock at the front door. He said, “Here's your car in the front yard.” I asked, "How did you get in?” “Well, through the street.” “I told you you could have got here. I don’t know why you kept insisting.” And then when I called Montway's office, they sided with the driver and asked why I couldn't it up over there. I said because I didn’t pay for that. It was my understanding I paid for pick up at the door and deliver at the door. But we got through it. No big deal.

It was dark at night. But we walked around the car with a flashlight and the only concern I had was there were supposed to be two keys, and the driver said there was only one. I called the guy in Arizona and he said, “No,” he and Jay made a mistake. There was only one key. I said, “Fine then. Then we got everything you promised me that I would get.” And that was all set. Montway's driver took some pictures of the car. Other than that, everything was good. The next day, when I brought it out in the daylight, everything looked good on it.

They were fast in picking it up. When I called them to pick it up, it was three at the most that they did. And then they came here to drop it off a day earlier than they thought they would. I was perfectly happy with that. I couldn't ask for anything better. Picking it up and bringing it in here, the time was very short. That's why I wasn't afraid to call again on a couple of other cars that I was looking at to buy to get shipping quotes. Their quotes were close to what I was getting. So, I would use them again. There are no two ways about it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Angelo, thank you for the review. Montway provides door-to-door service. Which states that the driver will pick-up and/or deliver as legally and safely as possible to the locations. If the driver is restricted from entering the area or they feel it is unsafe, they will ask to meet at a designated nearby location. We're also here to provide assistance as well if coordinating a location is difficult. We reached out to the reviewer to provide further information. If the reviewer has any other questions or concerns, we ask that they send us an email to feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I needed to transport a car from Vancouver, Washington to Michigan. I checked out two of companies and based on their price and timing, I went with Montway. Their reps were very good and kept me up to date about what was going on. They informed me where the vehicle was and got back in touch with me when I was asking them about where it was while I was timing and when it was going to be arriving. The quote that they gave me was also good and the transport from beginning to end took six days. I thought it was going to be longer. The driver who picked the vehicle up delivered it to me and our interaction was very good. The vehicle was a little dusty when it arrived, but I could see why. Other than that, it was fine. I would recommend going with Montway to anybody else. They have very competitive pricing and their reps are very responsive to customer service needs.

Montway Auto Transport response

Dave, we are thrilled to hear that everything went smoothly with your transport. We do our best to ensure our support agents and carriers provide the best service possible. Thank you for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

We have a summer home in Maine, and we ship cars back and forth from Maine to Chicago twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. That's about 1000 miles. I've been using Van 3 for the last 10 transfers. I've been doing this for about eight years, and I used a couple of other companies as well. However, I was super frustrated with Van 3 because the cars just go missing.

I don't lose my temper very often. Car shipping causes me to lose my temper a lot. It’s just simple stuff. It must be a pretty low-margin business. They pick up other jobs and do other things, which is fine. I don't care if it's a day late. They're just very poor about giving you the status. On the other hand, my experience with Montway this one time was perfect. They showed up when they would show up. They gave me direct access to the driver, the driver called me when he was close. We agreed on a meeting place. Everything went very smoothly. The quote was right on. I have a very good experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Shipping your car can be a stressful experience, even when things go well, and we are happy to hear that we were able to make this a smooth process for you, Jeff. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I looked at transport companies since I didn't want our daughter driving cross-country alone back to college. Montway's salespeople were obnoxious but the industry doesn't have the best reputation because of all these brokers out there fighting for your business. And these brokers are not good to deal with, whether it's Montway or some other company. The only incentive the broker has is to close the deal and they don't care about customer service as far I can tell. There's no incentive for them to give you a price that's realistic and they're just going to give you a price that is going to get you on the hook. And the pricing can be very problematic in this business because they'll try to lowball you in, then all sudden, all these other charges come up after you've committed and so on. So it's a bad brokerage experience.

Despite that, the quote that Montway gave me was very accurate. They gave me a price and in the end, that was the price I paid. But if you do any kind of research on this business, watch out because there's a lot of bait and switch that goes on. The whole transport took 10 days but the car didn't have to be there on a certain date. The driver was good and when my daughter received the car and she checked it out, it seemed fine. All in all, the brokers were typical of this industry but the actual delivery was as expected.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Chris. We are glad to hear that your daughter's vehicle made it safe and sound.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Montway had a better rating, but it infuriated me that I had to pay $400 more to pick the day that I wanted to transport the vehicle. I had a schedule I had to meet. Instead of being a four-day delivery, I needed it in a single day. Another 100 bucks would’ve been fine. The quote was supposed to be 800 bucks but instead, it was $1,200. The transporter also came in the evening because they had some other stuff that he was doing. That really aggravated me. I don't care if he came at night and that would have been fine. But the delivery day was fine. The transport took a couple of days and it was perfect because we were in the house where it was gonna be delivered.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Steve. We're sorry to hear that the pricing did not meet your expectations. Due to auto transport being a niche industry type, the window of pickup can play a large factor in pricing. In order to meet the requirements of one or two-day pick-up, we have to arrange for local trucks, storage options, and more in order to satisfy the limited window. With a more flexible window, such as our normal 5-day estimate, we are much more likely to have the vehicle loaded onto a trailer while it's on the route without interruption.

Outside of this, we're happy we could provide great service for your needs. If you have any questions or there is anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I have a couple issues that I wish did not happen. But we received our cars and everything was fine. The rep was very professional. I called three weeks to a month in advance to reserve the time and date, so that I knew exactly what they needed and what would happen because we had a certain timeline and window. I was three or four days out from the date when we knew that we would need it, and I had to start calling Montway because I wasn't hearing anything. I was like, "I wanna confirm. Are my cars gonna be picked up?" I had to call multiple times. There was a lack of follow-up as the transport got closer to the date. And then when I called, they were just like, "Oh, yeah. We don't know. We're still waiting for someone to pick up the order."

I get that's part of the process. But if there was not a certainty to me as the client, that was extremely unnerving. Because I didn't know whether I needed to go and create a plan B somewhere. I didn't know if it would work out, which ultimately, I kept calling, so they realized either, "This lady is crazy or likely to do something." Eventually, all of a sudden, they were like, "Oh, now we have a person." "Okay. Great." I understand it's not a perfect science, but with that much time in advance, they should have some ways to give some sort of certainty to the customer.

When the gentleman arrived in Arizona, we had said we would not be there until Sunday but he arrived on a Saturday. So, we had to switch up the address because we weren't there yet. I made arrangements to drop off the cars. The driver literally dropped off our cars in the middle of a median, on a busy street. It wasn't pulled off to the side. It wasn't in a parking lot. It wasn't shoulder. We weren't there so I had to send my mom who is 73 because he couldn't drive into her neighborhood, which I understand, trucks and reasons and corners or whatever. But his solution was park in the middle of the median in a road where my mom had to cross a busy street and then go back and forth three times, because we have three cars, to bring each car to her house. It was the weirdest thing.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always striving to improve our services. We'll make sure the feedback here is provided to the appropriate teams. In auto transport, carriers work on a pretty limited schedule and it may not be possible to have final confirmation of pick-up until a day or two prior. There are also specific requirements and regulations for how trucks operate when it comes to the parking of their trucks. What is important for us is that we properly clarify these specifics with customers. Not everyone ships a car every day... we ship thousands every day. So it's our job to make sure the customer is prepared for all possibilities and that we're here to help if needed. If you have any additional questions or feedback please feel free to contact us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I needed to transport my vehicle for 2,088 miles. I looked into 4 companies and Montway responded to my request because I was looking for a way to transport my car right away. Their price was also very competitive and was lower that the other quotes that I got. Then, when I called and talked with them, their customer service was excellent. The gentleman who handled the transport was very nice, too. He couldn't speak much English, so it was hard to talk with him, but he understood me. But he had an 18-wheeler and I lived in an apartment, so he couldn't come into my complex. I had to drive my car out to meet him, but it was fine.

I felt kind of strange leaving my car with someone that I didn't know because he took my car back to where he had his big 18-wheeler parked. But I signed everything and it was on his clipboard, so I felt that it was legit. Then my car arrived earlier than expected and in perfect condition, so I was really happy with the whole process.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that everything went well with your shipment. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to JB Transport Express.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I was moving from Texas to California and I didn't want to drive my car there, so I figured I could get it transported. I looked at maybe two or three moving companies because I thought that they had different departments that could handle my packaged stuff and then my car. One or two of them had that service but it seemed like they weren't servicing me. I googled "the best car transport services" and I saw an article that highlighted at least four different car transportation companies. The article highlighted each company as being good for a different purpose depending on what’s most important to you, and Montway was one of the first listed.

I got an email after I made the order online, and I eventually got a clarification call to finalize the order. I also got a few emails after that. I got an email saying that my billing address wasn't correct. I got a call to verify the billing address and once that was finalized, the order fully went through. It was pretty good overall. And then at one point, I was trying to figure out when they would give me a date, so I called Montway to kind of clarify that, and the representative explained to me how the service works.

The transport happened in about three days. On the one hand, I was happy that it came sooner than expected. But I originally was told that it would arrive four days after pickup at the earliest. Had pickup not happened the day that it happened, I wouldn't have been there to pick up my car. I'm sure that wouldn't have been the end of the world, but I also assume it may have complicated things somewhat. I don't know if they would continue on their journey and come back to me another day or leave it somewhere. Most people like when things come earlier than expected, but I felt like if my plans were different, it could have come out differently.

I don't necessarily think this is Montway’s fault, but the article that I found highlighted Montway as one of the best if not the only car transportation services that can give you a solid date and that can allow you to choose the date that you have for pickup. So, when I filled out their order form, I chose a specific date, because I knew that I would be at the drop off location on time. I have to schedule an airport and a lot of different things around it. It wasn't until later on when I spoke to the representatives that I realized that that's more of a premium service and it costs a lot more to have the date finalized. That might also have been because of Labor Day, but it was more or less too late to finalize that date. You also can't finalize based on the weekend. I was kind of disappointed, then I realized Montway didn't say that I could specify my date.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that we were able to make your transport work out, Chelsea. We encourage all our customers to do their homework and pick the best-suited company for their needs. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

We used Montway for a PCS move in the military. It was from Washington state to Texas. I went on a website that listed top transport companies, to go through for things like customer service and satisfaction and they were listed as the top one with price and customer. The sales representative that I've talked to on the phone to set it up was awesome. It was a lady and she was quick and precise, and to the point with everything and was cut-and-dry about coverage, 'cause I had a lot of questions about that. She was able to help me out quite a bit along the way and make sure I wasn't left with questions at the end of the phone call.

The quote provided was really good. It was a lot cheaper than a lot of other ones that I got quotes through. A lot of the places that you get quotes through, and then process the payment or their price for the overall shipment, change on you at the last minute, but it was the same price from start to finish and smooth sailing for the whole thing. I'm definitely gonna use Montway again for when I do PCS. I've been recommending them to a lot of people that I work with.

Montway Auto Transport response

Christopher, we are glad to hear that Julia did a great job setting expectations and providing excellent service. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I needed to move a car from another city to here. I got several quotes from different companies but Montway seemed to be the most responsive. They were very helpful and returned my calls and messages promptly. And then, the driver was very professional and got the car unloaded quickly. Everything went fine. I would recommend Montway to anybody.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Roger! So happy to hear we could provide a great experience. If there is anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The representatives at Montway were helpful. They're very good. They did the work for me and the quote was reasonable. It wasn't cheap or too expensive. The driver was a good guy. They picked it up in Springfield one day and it was on my doorstep the next day. The car was the same condition as I left it. It's a good service. They're reliable and quick.

Montway Auto Transport response

Alan, thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled to hear that the carrier made your trip from Springfield a smooth one.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased a new car. I did research online on various transport companies and Montway seemed to be amongst the best. The coordination was a very easy experience. They were in constant communication with me about it. For the delivery, the driver was very thorough, seemed to know what he was doing, and very courteous. I was surprised that the transport took only four days. There must have been multiple drivers in the truck and they switched driving because it was almost 3,000 miles. That’s a lot of driving every day. And then, the quote was exactly what I paid. I was very happy with the service. I would use them again should the need arise.

Montway Auto Transport response

Frank, we are so glad to hear that the carrier was able to get your vehicle to you in a timely manner. Thank you so much for your kind review, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information