4.9/5 (1411 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Page 69 Reviews 2015 - 2045
Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had already used Montway a couple years ago to transport my truck and my car to Oregon. So, I was already familiar with them. But during that time, I looked at four companies before I decided on them. The reps who set up the transport were very professional and helped me out. They knew what they were talking about and everything went very smoothly. The quote was very fair because they went from Oregon to Texas, which is a long way. It was a huge truck so the gas was expensive but the cost was cheaper than I thought it was going to be. The battery on the vehicle was dead so the driver helped me jump it and he also helped me get it in my driveway. It went very well. The transport was a couple of days early, which was very nice, and the vehicle was in perfect condition when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Tracy! We strive to work with the best drivers out there to provide superior service. Glad to hear the driver was able to do a great job. We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I went online and I checked a couple of different ones, but there were some good reviews for Montway. They were known to give you one price, and that was a good, reasonable one. Making the reservation was very easy and professional on the other end. I felt comfortable. Everything was explained to me. Also, they gave me a range of when it might happen. And then, and that was exactly what happened. And then I got a call. They kept me in the loop because there were a couple of issues. That’s why they would be slightly delayed from the original date. But they called me and told me why. And then, on the delivery, the same thing. They thought they would be there a bit earlier than they were. But they let me know that it would be a little bit later so I could let my brother know. So, we did not wait unnecessarily. Everything worked as I was explained it would. I was very happy with that. What I was quoted is the exact charge, and there were no add-ons.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway, Ed! We're happy to deliver outstanding communication as it's essential to our business. We wish you the very best in the new year.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I was transporting a BMW X1. It was my moving company that recommended Montway. At one point, I was keeping a full sheet of everybody, and it was just ridiculous. Montway came in under everybody else by $150. The car was picked up right on time, and delivered about five days later. I understand that the fellow ran into some weather issues in the Midwest. My dad used to do long haul so I know that you run into all sorts of things that are unexpected. It might get under the skin of some people, but I was okay with it. Had I been on a very strict schedule, this time of year would not have been the best time to have transported. My car arrived in good condition. The guys who picked up and delivered were very courteous and efficient. If I have to move long distance and ship a car again, I would certainly call Montway. My brother buys and sells cars through eBay. He asked me about my experience, so I told him about them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the comments, Laurie. This is definitely true, truck drivers are subject to many restrictions and regulations when transporting goods. And this doesn't even factor in issues due to weather, traffic, and more. So they definitely appreciate customer patience. While every truck driver wants to deliver fast, safety is even more important. We wish you the very best in the new year and if we can help with anything else just let us know.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Montway's reps were very professional and they handled the cross country transport of my vehicle very well. But I didn't need much interaction and my experience with them was limited. Plus, I've done it many times, so I knew what to expect. I’ve also used Montway before and they are more expensive than other carriers. But it's a premium-level service and they do a better job than most people. In the end, my recent experience with them went perfectly. They were earlier than expected and the car was in perfect shape as it was picked up.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Thaddeus. It means a lot to receive great praise from a customer who has experience in the industry. We do our best to provide a seamless experience. We're here to help at any time.

Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I needed to get a vehicle from Arkansas to San Diego at a somewhat reasonable price. I've never had a vehicle transported before, so I went online and googled top transport companies, and Montway came up as one of the top five. So I reached out them and not only did they give me a reasonable price, but their customer service was over the top exceptional. They under-promised and over-delivered. They said we would get the vehicle at a certain time, and we received it three days early. The vehicle was in great condition. There was no damage from the transport. I was so overwhelmed with how many of these transport companies were trying to contact me, and the quotes ranged from one extreme to the other. Montway was what I had in my mind that I was willing to pay. But for the customer service that I received from them, you would expect them to be charging a lot more.

One of the things that I really liked about Montway was they answered the phone right away. They gave me a quote and it never veered from that quote. They were very friendly and professional on the phone, but they anticipated my questions. I never had to wonder or worry how the experience was going to go. They called me back when they had questions or wanted to confirm the pickup of the vehicle. So the communication process was exceptional. They notified me the entire time where in transport the vehicle was, so I never had to guess or wonder what was going on.

It was so fantastic that they got the vehicle here sooner but we were a little surprised. One thing that they could improve on would be having a tracking system that would give you a little more advanced notice when they're doing the delivery. We had to give them quite a bit of cash, so I found myself kind of scrambling at the last minute to try to make all that happen. But if there was some notification via email or text message that our vehicle was going to be here much sooner, it could have given me a little more time to plan. But it ended up all working out.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review and feedback, Jennifer. We strive to provide outstanding communication as we know not everyone ships a car every day. So we're happy to hear we were able to deliver.

At this time, we're not able to make any commitments when it comes to tracking systems but do know we hear your request and it's a discussion we have every day. In the meantime, we would encourage customers to reach out directly to our team for any tracking update requests.

If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at feedback@montway.com. Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased a car out of state and needed to transport it from Southern California to Reno, Nevada. Montway Auto Transport's reviews looked pretty good and they responded quickly so we went with them. Dealing with their reps was good and I had minimal interaction with the driver. Shipping stuff is always tricky. But Montway did really well. The price was what they told me and the shipping time was within what they said. In fact, it was delivered earlier.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Mark. Communication is essential so we make it a point to be available at extended hours and on multiple platforms. We hope you have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

There was a delay of a number of days and I didn’t really hear much. Then, Montway found somebody and said I had 30 minutes to make a decision. The price is gonna be higher but the guy would pick it up right away. I paid the extra money and the guy showed up the next day. It was a flatbed and my car was the only car on it. He handled it very well. The delivery was about a week, which was a decent timeframe for the move of a car. I just didn't care for the pressure for the end that they were gonna raise the price and they did it right then. It felt like a pressure tactic. Other than that, the vehicle showed up in the condition that they picked up in. They did a good job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Shane. We try to give as much notice as possible prior to truck arrival. But as schedules can change, we may come across options that are available sooner. Our goal is never for customers to feel as if they are pressured into an option and we'll be sure to audit your order to improve our communication when it comes to alternative shipment options. We'd be happy to try and address this further and ask that you send us an email to feedback@montway.com with your order information.

Sincerely,

Montway Auto Transport

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Everything was very good. They explained the fees, how I would pay the difference upon delivery of the vehicle, and what the individuals were doing. They talked about the alternatives of having it in an enclosed shipping container versus an open one. Things were very smooth.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the comments, Lynold. We know not everyone ships a car every day, so we try and provide as much necessary info as possible to make it a seamless experience. We hope you have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We bought a car for our daughter who's in Arizona and we transported it out to her. They delivered the car in a parking lot near my daughter's house and it got there exactly when they said it would. Their quote was higher than most places but we were very pleased with the experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, John. Montway uses the latest data and research to provide the most accurate price to ship your car. Happy we could deliver a great experience and we hope you consider us for future shipment needs.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

We were making a move out of state and rather than to have my wife follow me with her vehicle, we decided to transport her car. Montway Auto Transport had a more professional approach and a more detailed website. It was very professional when dealing with them. They were excellent. They had a kind voice and they answered any questions I had immediately. Montway wasn’t the least expensive company. I could have probably gone with another company and saved the least $100. But it was worth having the confidence level in getting the vehicle transported. Their drivers were very good and professional. We met them several miles from the house 'cause we lived in an area that the driver might have a tough time driving in, and even more so driving out of it. The driver picked the vehicle up on a Thursday and we got the vehicle that Saturday. So, the transport took less than three days. Montway communicated extremely well during this.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the comments, Patrick. Montway uses the latest technology and data to provide the most competitive and accurate price on the market. We're happy to hear that the service was great and we hope you consider us for future transport needs.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Using Montway has been my biggest regret of buying a car. I booked through Montway on the recommendation of the dealership I bought my car through. My car was picked up by T&T Walker Trucking,LLC to be transported from California to Texas. My car was supposed to be delivered on a Monday and did not arrive until the following Saturday (at 9:30pm). At multiple points during the transport, Montway could not tell me where the driver was, where my car was, or when I could expect delivery. I had to cancel numerous client meetings and a trip that had been planned so I could wait for my car to be delivered. Every day I would wonder if my car was going to be delivered and had to cancel my plans for that day. When my car finally arrived, it had sustained a great deal of damage. The driver tried to hide the damage from me and submitted photos omitting the damage.

I now have to work with filing an insurance claim and getting my car repaired. At no point during this process did Montway offer me an apology/ any compensation for my inconvenience. I have been very disappointed with Montway and would not recommend them. The dealership I purchased my car from (Audi of Palo Alto) stated they will never recommend Montway to another customer based on my experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Brody, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that there was an issue with transport. As a broker, it is our responsibility to assign the customer's shipment to a qualified carrier. All carriers we work with go through a multi-point inspection to ensure that they have the certifications and equipment to properly service vehicle transportation.

When a vehicle is dispatched, estimated dates are provided and delays can occur for any number of reasons. As the vehicle is in possession of the motor carrier, it is their responsibility to make sure they are properly providing status updates to customers. Montway is here to provide assistance if need be. The issues have been escalated to our compliance department for review.

Montway has reached out to the customer to provide assistance with the claim. The customer has respectfully declined our assistance. We ask that if the customer has any questions or would like additional assistance to please contact us at claims@montway.com. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

We were moving from California to Florida. We had used Montway Auto Transport previously, so we went with them again. It was good dealing with their reps and the quote was fine. The driver was exceptional and the delivery went well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad we could help. Thanks for choosing Montway for professional auto shipping services. Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Montway Auto Transport was the fastest to reply. Their reps were really friendly. They gave me a very accurate quote. It was a move all the way across the country from San Diego to Miami. The drivers were really professional and friendly. The car was in perfect condition when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for your auto shipment, Michael! Our professional staff is here 365 days a year to deliver professional service. Have a great one1

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Montway is awesome. I love it and I recommend to my family and my friends. The driver was so nice and the transport was so good. The driver was better than on time and he carried my car very gently. The agent was so good, too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Wonderful! Thanks for choosing Montway to take care of your car, Faranak. We strive to provide the best experience possible. We hope you consider us for future car shipping needs.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Montway is the best. I deal with one person and he’s always spot on. Also, the drivers that they hire seem to be very reliable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for being a wonderful customer, Michael. We're happy to continue providing excellent service for your needs and we look forward to the new year! Have a good one!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We had three cars to be transported - an SUV, a sedan, and a pickup truck. I looked at quite a few moving companies and I ended up getting Montway through a friend who had used them to move from Seattle to Texas. It went pretty well with their rep and they worked with a friend of ours to do the delivery. The experience was pretty good and the quote provided was right on.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help ship your cars. We strive to provide the best experience possible and we hope you consider us for future needs.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Montway's price was reasonable for me compared to other people and they have an excellent review so I went with them. The pickup was smooth and straightforward. They called me earlier. It was 100% professional. Also, the delivery was fantastic. They told me ahead of time. I called and I got my car. There were no hiccups and issues. I will tell people to patronize them anytime any day.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Opeyemi. We strive to provide a seamless auto transport experience every time. Looking forward to future transports.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Montway offered a good price. Then, their guy came out and he was very knowledgeable. Somebody had broken into my daughter's car the night before and he helped us wrap up the window. He did it in a way that was kinda ingenious. Also, I had another car in the garage where the air was leaking out of the tire and we changed it. I called AAA to bring some air and their guy put air in it but it was a Mercedes so he couldn't get the tire off. The guy from Montway went in his trunk, got some stuff, and then showed the AAA guy how to do it. He was awesome. Then, he took the car and about five days later, I got a phone call at night and the guy said to meet him somewhere and pick up the vehicle the next day at 9 o'clock. It was a great experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing! We appreciate the comments, Kenneth. We provide ourselves on working with the best motor carriers in the industry. We'll be sure to let them know they did an excellent job. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The guy who helped was very friendly and very responsive. The driver was very friendly too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! We pride ourselves on fantastic customer service. Have a great new year.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

There was one company that I was looking at and a friend of mine told me not to use it as they had a really bad experience with it. I didn't know who to call because it was the first time that I've moved out of New Jersey. I went online and saw that Montway had a lot of good reviews. When I got the pricing, they were very competitive and better than the other company. I put some stuff in the pickup so I had to pay extra, which was fine because the woman that gave me the quote told me that I could be charged up to $250 with that. I didn't want that delicate stuff to go in a moving truck. So, it was accurate. They gave me the quote and then I quickly secured the date and everything with them. It was spot-on.

The driver kept in contact with me if he was running late or if he had hit traffic and so it was perfect. He even called my family. I gave him one of their numbers. He kept us up-to-date. There was a lot of communication which was very important. He really took care of my vehicle, like he went over them with the fine-tooth comb before he even loaded them. Everything was great when they got down here.

The only issue I had was that the driver did not know that my Tacoma had a cap on the back and then it had bars going across. Thank goodness I was able to take the bars off so that the truck could fit because it was in a closed trailer. I told the person that took the reservation three times that it had a cap on it. Then their software didn't allow for multiple vehicles. I was shipping two cars, I had to go online, and I ended up booking two different things, one for the truck, and one for the car. If only it was set up to where I could put two vehicles there. Overall, it was a very good experience. I was pleased.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Rose. We appreciate the feedback as we're always striving to improve our services.

We can say that all information regarding the shipment was provided to the motor carrier at the time of dispatch. But. it's always possible that there may have been some confusion in the communication regarding the cap. This is something we'll continue to discuss with the carrier.

While Montway does offer multi-vehicle shipment options, we do not offer this option with our instant quote calculator at this time. We ask that all customers interested in this contact us directly via phone, email, or LiveChat to book a multi-vehicle shipment. This is a feature request you may see updated on our site in the future. :)

Thank you again for being a great customer. We hope you consider us for future shipping needs. Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My son moved to California and he flew out there. He has a company car and we shipped his car out. Montway was a little bit less expensive to do a cash deal with and they had decent reviews so I picked up the phone and hooked up with them. They had the pick-up date. We talked to a couple of different guys and a couple of them were of different nationalities so it was a little hard to understand but it went very smooth. The transport was ahead of expectations. We were given 10 days and it was done in seven. I had taken phone pictures of the car all the way around before it left and it got to California in the same way it left. I would highly recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Daryl. Happy to hear that our team could help with your car transport needs.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We moved from Wenatchee, Washington to Tucson, Arizona. Montway Auto Transport was the first one that replied and they seemed to have the price that was going to work for me and the time that was going to work for me. So I didn't look any further and booked the transport with them. Their customer service was excellent. The car was delivered here before I expected it. It was an enclosed transport. So it was just as clean as when it left Washington state. The trucking outfit that delivered it did an excellent job. The fellow got it right off and everything was perfect. I was very satisfied.

Montway Auto Transport response

We're happy that you gave us a chance, Lawrence. Timely and professional service is a priority for us. And we're happy to hear we could deliver that for your needs. Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Doing business with Montway was fun. Their guy did a good job and my car was delivered on time. I also want to compliment them on their communication because I was kept informed as to the car and when it would be here and so forth. I have shipped cars before and did not have that good of an experience, so I was very pleased with the experience I had with Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Awesome! Communication is one of our prime values so we're so happy to hear we could deliver. Thanks for choosing Montway, Kay!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Th guy who picked up my truck was really a professional. He was gonna be able to drop it off two to three days earlier but we hadn't moved yet. But as soon as I got to New Mexico from California, he was there. My furniture was shipped a week and a half late but Montway's guy was on time. My move was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to hear we could deliver professional service. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I like that Montway has a local company in Illinois. They are headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, which is very close to me. Once I found them, I gave them a shot, and I've used them ever since. This is the only transport company I use or recommend. I like their website. The follow-up is exceptional. Their drivers are always on time. The quote has always been the price. It never changed the price. The price is fair for 2,000 miles. It is always nice doing business with Montway.

At first, I was calling more often than not because I didn't know how the process worked. Then I realized how they worked it out with the drivers. I put some personal items in the car and I had a little anxiety about making sure they were gonna pick up my car. The customer service was great. They explained it all. It's a great service. They're the best. I've recommended them to numerous people. I've referred them to my friend who's going to be using them as well because he's renting out here for the season.

Montway Auto Transport response

Fantastic! Thank you for the review, Mitchell. We're happy we can provide professional car shipping services for your needs. We're also always happy to answer any questions you may have. Not everyone ships a car every day so we know it can be overwhelming. If we can help with anything just let us know.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Aside from Montway, I checked with two other transportation companies. Montway's price was the best and they had some good reviews. I felt comfortable with them as well. I was working within a timeframe and the job was about a 900-mile transport. The setup process was easy and smooth. I put a downpayment and paid the rest when the car arrived. Montway stayed in touch with me and let me know what was going on like when they picked the car up and gave me a heads up when the car was ready. It went fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! We're happy to provide a professional experience at any time. We hope you consider us for future needs.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

My ex-husband bought my daughter a vehicle that needed to be shipped over from Missouri. But I had to put on hold the arrangements that I made with Montway and the customer service person worked with me on that one. They did tell me a good chunk of it was going to be nonrefundable, which of course caused me a little bit of panic and a nice discussion with my ex-husband. Then I called again the next day because the seller of the vehicle told me that I could go ahead and take the car. It was about 12 hours of the time span between, “I'm gonna hang on to the car for a little bit longer,” to “Oh, yeah, go ahead and take it.” They actually got the car on a truck that afternoon. They told me that a different contractor was going to be picking up the vehicle and I was cool with that.

The guy that came was really super cool. So I would definitely use the subcontractor again. He delivered that car in the rain and the nasty, but he texted me the night before and told me there was a problem because he couldn't find my address. I live out in the sticks, so I had to pin drop and Google map it to him. But he totally worked with me on it. So it was great because he texted at an appropriate hour the night before. He admitted there was a problem instead of trying to be Mr. Macho and figure it out. I work from home at this point and he dropped the car off at 7:00 in the morning, so it didn't mess with my work stuff. I would use Montway again without a problem if I ever needed to ship a vehicle.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Ryann. We're sorry to hear of some of the difficulties but we're happy we could get the vehicle delivered for you safe and sound. We're also happy to hear the driver did an excellent job. We'll be sure to let them know!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I was looking to ship my car from California to Alabama for school. I found Montway online and they were the cheapest. They also had a fairly high rating. Customer service was very nice and helpful. They were friendly too. The quote they gave me was 100% spot on and the timeframe exceeded my expectations. I was given a seven-day timeframe and my car came in three days. And the condition of my car was perfectly fine. The delivery people were quick and to the point. They didn't waste any time. They made sure I signed everything I needed to and kept my forms then I was on my way. I would tell friends and family to go to Montway first.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy we could help with your shipment for school. We strive to provide the best experience possible so we're happy to see that reflected here. If we can help with anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I'm in the military, and I was transferring from Jacksonville, Florida, to San Diego, California. The whole process went really, really smooth. I love my drivers. Patricia and her husband were both really nice and good people.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy we could help with your military move, Kameran. We'll be sure to let the drivers know they did great! If we can help with anything else just let us know.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

We needed to transport my 2006 Honda Civic from Chicago, Illinois to Syracuse, Utah. We were giving it to my 17-year-old granddaughter as a gift. We looked at several transport companies. There were two quotes that were really low but I didn't go with them because I didn't like their reviews. My son, who is an account manager and sets up trucking lines for different things at England Logistics, said he didn't know those transport companies too. There was also a higher quote from a very well-known company. We decided to go with Montway instead because they had better reviews and my son said that they were very good.

Customer service was very pleasant, helpful, and nice. We are really happy with the company all the way around. The delivery guy kept in touch with us all the way and he delivered the car right on time, if not a little bit early. The car was perfect. We were all very happy with the driver and how everything worked out. The driver was amazing and very professional. The timeframe was met and exceeded. The quote was fair and in the end, we paid 100% exactly. It was an excellent deal price-wise and all the way around. Couldn't ask for anything to work out better than it did. Montway was wonderful and they treated us with great care.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy we could help deliver the Civic to your granddaughter. We do our best to provide the best experience possible so we're always happy to hear when we do a great job. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information