4.9/5 (1411 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Page 67 Reviews 1955 - 1985
Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

The quote was a little bit higher. However, the coordinator was excellent during the setup. The pickup and delivery were timely and very smooth. The first part was actually impressive and very quick. The second took a little longer, but we didn’t mind that. Overall, both our cars were delivered successfully. I'm satisfied and I recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the comments, John. Our goal is always to provide safe and professional service. We wish you the best in the new year!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The team at Montway was wonderful. They did perfect. The price was good, the time frame was accurate in terms of what they told us, and the guy who delivered it was a lovely man. The experience was terrific. It was an effective and well-done process the whole way through.

Montway Auto Transport response

Fantastic customer! We're happy we could deliver excellent service for your needs. We wish you the best.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Montway's business office was located in Schaumburg and I'm in Illinois so if I were to have any issues, I could go up there. It was local to me so I selected them to transport a 1970 Cutlass I bought from a guy in California. I got good service setting up the transport and the quote I was given was dead on.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Jose. We strive to provide excellent service at all times so no need to worry. We wise you the best in the new year and hope you consider us for future transport needs!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

My experience with Montway was awesome. I would use them again in a heartbeat and I have passed their name already. They were polite and professional. The price was reasonable and right on the money. The driver was awesome too. I made the reservation one day and he was here the next. On the other end, my nephew who I gave the Bronco to said it'd be more convenient if we met at this location instead of my home address, closer to where the driver was going. He switched it with no difficulty and no questions.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to make it easy! Thanks for choosing Montway for your car shipping needs. Have a wonderful new year.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My daughter was moving to California and I needed to get her car there quickly. Montway was able to deliver on the date that I needed and the price was nice and lower. The quote I was given was fair and whatever they quoted me was what we paid. Also, I really liked the fact that we were able to talk with the dispatcher personally and get updates. I didn't have that luxury with my last shipment with another company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad we could help deliver your daughter's car safe and sound. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to assisting in the future. We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I looked at a dozen companies for my move. Since my move involved a vehicle and a set of jet skis being put on a trailer, it was a little more difficult to find a company that was willing to handle that. Montway offered a quote at market price and they showed up on the go. They used brand new equipment for my transport. Their truck had new brakes, tires, straps and tie-downs. The transport took just a couple of days. I was pretty surprised because Seattle to Texas is a pretty long haul. Everything was great when they arrived and they were transported the way they should have been. Montway let me know afterwards that taking on a vehicle with a double jetski trailer is not normally the type of thing that they do, but they wanted to help me out. When a company is willing to go the extra mile, it really makes a difference. I recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Mark. We strive to provide an excellent experience every time and will always go the extra mile when we can. We look forward to transporting for you again soon.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My parents no longer can go to Florida because of the pandemic so we needed to have their car brought back. I got Montway's name from a dealer next to where they lived and their customer service couldn't have been better. It was a good price that they gave and the delivery went very well. I would use them again if I do ever need transportation in the future.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the comments, Anne. We're happy to help in any way we can. If there is anything else we can assist with, don't hesitate to let us know. We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Everything went perfectly when I moved my vehicle through Montway. The driver let me know when it got here and he was very helpful and courteous. He was also very efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was very smooth.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to deliver an excellent experience for your needs. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

They did a great job. The guy that delivered the vehicle was absolutely spectacular. The courtesy and everything he did keeping me aware just made the experience perfect. The guy was a day early. He called me and said, “Is it okay if I deliver it late afternoon, early evening?” I just can't say enough nice things about them. They also have a veteran's discount, which is just a few bucks. But it's a little extra that you can tip the driver.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, James. We'll be sure to let the driver know they did a fantastic job. Have a good one!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I found Montway online and they had good comments. I also liked their cost. Their customer service was great. They said it was gonna take a longer time for them to come. But the driver came out right away. He was so friendly and he put my mind at ease. He said that it was gonna take three days to a week but he got the vehicle there before that and he took it to my dad's house. My dad's almost 90. He showed him how to start and my dad was all happy about it. I'm definitely gonna use them if I have to ship another automobile.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Paula. It's important to us that we work with the most professional truck drivers in the industry. Your feedback helps us accomplish this. We'll be sure to let the driver know they did a great job. Looking forward to the next transport.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

We were moving across the United States due to military PCS. Montway had pretty solid reviews so I gave them a call and it was pretty painless. The reps were pretty good. They were able to give me updates on what was going on. We were stressing that they weren't gonna be able to make it in time and they got it done. It only took the driver about eight days to get the car across, which worked out pretty well for us. Also, he was readily available and super helpful. He called us multiple times and he let us know when he was gonna be there and everything. Montway was easy to work with and they're well worth the money.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway, Benjamin. Happy to deliver a professional experience for your needs.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The coordinator of Montway was good. The pickup and delivery of the vehicle went fine too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for your car shipping needs. Have a wonderful new year!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The quote of Montway was the best I got. The rep was also great. He made me much more comfortable. The delivery was great too and the driver was very professional. One of the drivers that took the car inspected everything correctly, marked everything with me, went through the vehicle, did all the stuff then I signed it. They told me it was gonna be there in eight to nine days and was there in eight days. My wife picked the vehicle up there and she said the condition of the vehicle was great. I thought this was gonna be so stressful but it turned out to be a really good experience. They did a great job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the comments, Guri. We work hard to make the transport experience as easy as possible. So we're happy to hear that we exceeded expectations. If we can help with anything else just let us know!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The delivery was on time and the driver was really good. He kept us updated on everything. It went really smooth. My wife and I are planning on using Montway again when I depart from military.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! Happy to hear the driver did an excellent job. Looking forward to the next move.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The quote I got from Montway is a bit higher than other companies but not that much higher. I'm fine with it because the service I received was good. I've seen a couple of other transportation services, where the price is lower, that would mention that they would come in-between 10:00am to 3:00pm but then they come outside the hours they mentioned. Montway picked up my car on time and delivered it at exactly the hour that they mentioned.

One thing that I had to call out though was the shortage of transporters on that particular day. I was told that I would be informed 24 hours before my car will be picked up, whatever the day. But I got a call like an hour or two hours before saying that they would like to pick up if I'm fine. I couldn't send my car that day because I had some other appointment. If I had been notified a day before, that would be helpful for me because it would be for a lesser amount. I paid $100 extra because I got a transporter for the next day. Other than that, my car was delivered safely and at the destination. I didn't have to drive and pick it up from a different location which is what I have heard from my friends who used other transport services. Those companies deliver the car in some other location and my friends would have to go there and pick it up.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Nithin. We are always striving to provide the best service. Your feedback makes that possible. Please contact us at feedback@montway.com with any additional questions or comments you may have. Have a great new year.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Montway had so many reviews and it was almost a 5-star territory. I also compared with other transport companies, and Montway had the lowest rate, so I went with it. When I talked to the rep, it was quick, simple, and right to the point. When you make it hassle-free and you have the lowest rates, it was pretty much a done deal. The delivery was on time and it was quick. So I can see why those high reviews were there.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Alex. Happy to deliver 5-star service for your needs.

Best regards,

Richard K

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Everything went fine with my experience with the customer service of Montway. It ended up being a little bit more than what it was supposed to be. But, I got the vehicle three days after I called. The driver was from Arkansas. He drove down to Florida to get the car and brought it up to me. I would use him again in a heartbeat if I purchased another car. He was great. Montway is the best. I got more than what I paid for with them. I would recommend them to anybody.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Steve. We're happy to hear that the driver did an excellent job. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Friends of ours who've had shipped their cars with Montway told us about them and we chose them when we transported a car from New York to Colorado. The driver was terrific and very professional when he came. He took my car, put it in the trailer, and was very careful with it. When they said they were gonna drop the car off, it got dropped off. He was very good about the time. That was the one thing about our move that was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to use Montway again and I would recommend it to my friends.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the amazing recommendation, Jeanne. We pride ourselves on providing professional transport services. We're very happy to hear that the driver did an excellent job. We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I looked at two auto transport companies and went with Montway because of the price. The rep I worked with knew what he was doing and the final pricing was exactly what they told me.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services. We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I had been calling around and Montway Auto Transport was the most helpful. Plus, they had a better price than a lot of the other people and they were pretty flexible about when to pick up and when dropping off my car. I moved from California to Texas and my experience with them was great. I got quite a few updates along the way of picking up and I had to change the pickup address at the last minute. But the driver was really good about it. He just asked me for the new address and came right over. I was really happy with everything.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Victoria. We use the latest data and technology to provide the most accurate quote to ship cars. This also allows us to provide some flexibility in our service. We'll be sure to let the driver know they did an excellent job.

We wish you the best in 2021.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My experience with Montway was good. They were great and efficient.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! We wish you the best in the new year.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I transported a car with Montway 1,365 miles and it took five days. Everything was on time, the driver was great, and the car was perfect. I'm very happy with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad to deliver great service! Thanks for choosing Montway for your car transport needs.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I was transporting a car from Northern California to Southern California. I submitted a quote and Montway got back to me really fast. They addressed my concerns right away and they got me the best deal that I could get. I needed them to ship something ASAP and they did, but it took an additional 24 hours because it was on a weekend. They said they would pick the car up on Sunday and then they postponed until Monday. But it worked out in the end. They’re professional and reliable and they took care of the car.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Nadia. Happy we could help with your move. If we can help with anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I bought a 15-year old BMW and I didn't want it on an open carrier so I paid extra for a closed one. It turned out, coming down, a guy with a pick-up truck hauled it in a carrier that was big enough for two cars. I felt comfortable with that but the way they got me in the door was their quoted price was cheaper than anybody else for a closed carrier then it turned out being more. There wasn't a single driver available for the price they quoted me. They called me up a couple of days later, very last minute, saying, "Hey, we got somebody, but his trailer's premium." It was gonna be 100 bucks more.

The driver was good and the good thing too was Montway had real people answering the phone and you weren't on hold for a long time. They were able to pull up my information on the computer quickly. However, it probably wouldn't be bad if they had an email system because between the day I put my deposit down and the day that they had a driver, it was a little bit of a delay. It would have been nice if they could keep you informed as to where the status is as far as them finding a driver. I was left hanging and I ended up calling back myself to see how things were going.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Thomas. We do our best to provide the best service and your feedback makes that possible. As part of our notification system, customers are supposed to receive multiple emails that detail our processes and also update on shipment statuses. We will be sure to audit the order accordingly. We'd love to discuss this further and see if there is any other way we can help. Please send us an email to feedback@montwya.com when you get a chance.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

It was overall a positive customer experience with Montway. They were very professional, very courteous and very attentive to what I wanted. They worked with me every step of the way. They called me. They gave me an ETA of when somebody would be there to pick up my car and when my car was on its way and how long it would take for it to be delivered. They provided me with the assurance I needed to know that my car was safe and it was gonna be delivered without any issues. They did a fantastic job in delivering my car. With the distance from where the car was picked up to where it was delivered, the quote was reasonable. I'm satisfied. I would definitely utilize their services again without a second thought. I would refer them as well, which I have.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Meena. We do our best to provide the best service possible. And part of that is our communication and our multi-step verification for all motor carriers that we work with. We wish you the best in the new year!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I had a vehicle that had a blown engine in the Austin area and I had to get it to Greenville, Texas. I called up Montway and told them what I needed and where I was going. I gave them the model number and they came back with a quote. It was cheaper than me flying down there and towing the vehicle myself so I went with that. The driver showed up where the vehicle was and the people that had it said he was very professional and polite and he knew exactly what he was doing. The vehicle was the same when they delivered it to my family in Greenville. It's all very easy and quick.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the comments, Robert. Inoperable vehicles can have some pretty complex requirements to move, but as long as we have all the details we can get it done. Thanks for choosing Montway to make it easy. Have a good one!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Using Montway Auto Transport was a very professional experience. They kept me informed and they were timely. The driver was impressive with my father in law and I liked him. Montway's price is right too. All-in-all, I was pretty pleased with the whole experience. This is the way I'd go if I had to do this again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services. We appreciate the review and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I needed a car transported from Louisiana to my house. I looked at Montway and five other companies and some of the other companies didn't ship to my region. It was outside of their path and to put you in their path, they made you pay for it. So, the price was astronomically higher. I also had a couple that declined. I decided to go with Montway and everything was great with them. The timeliness was fantastic, too. I've shipped through other companies in the past and I've had friendship in other companies. They would say that my car was in their transporter and it got picked up. Then I wouldn't get to see it for a week and a half. So to see the car the very next day, within 24 hours of when MOntway picked it up, was phenomenal.

The quote they gave me was great as well and everything on that part of our deal met all my expectations. But there was a situation at delivery that wasn't the driver's fault. When the car got to me, there was curb rash on both driver side wheels. I understand that things happen and we needed to find out if it was caused by the transport company or if it was picked up that way. The gentleman that delivered it was Russian and I felt uncomfortable when he said that it’d be taken care of and I should just sign. But I didn't want to sign anything until I knew who was going to be responsible for that. It was 20 minutes going back and forth and I felt like I was going to end up with the money out of pocket on my end if nobody wanted to take responsibility.

So, he called his manager and they were both speaking Russian back and forth. That was uncomfortable because I didn't know what they were saying. I also didn't know what to do at that point in time. So, I contacted the dealership and told them that there was damage to the wheels. They said that the car was 100% when it was going to be delivered to me. Then thankfully, the transport driver had good enough pictures of the car before they loaded it to where they notated that there were some scratches on there prior to loading it.

The dealership said that if they supplied pictures and if I felt that the damage was done at the dealership when they picked it up, they would take care of it. So I felt fine with that part of it. I also knew the driver was under a short timeframe, so I didn't want to keep him any longer than needed. But I felt that that damage needed to be taken care of. And it came out to be almost $600 worth of damage to the car by the time they got repaired. Other than that, the driver was fantastic and very respectful. He made sure I had 100% involvement when he took it off the trailer and they didn't do anything to the car. All in all, my experience with Montway was extraordinary.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the detailed review, Tim. As a leader in the auto transport space, we have the largest network of drivers in the country. Allowing us to service routes very few others could.

We're happy to hear that everything was resolved in a timely fashion. This shows the importance of the Bill of Lading and why it's so important for drivers to do a thorough vehicle inspection. If there is anything we can assist with, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great new year!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I dealt with Montway a few years ago. The service was good and the price was reasonable so I went with them again. The transport took three days which is reasonable for 1,700 miles. What they quoted me is what I paid and I'm pleased with it. It was a good value for the price.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for coming back! We strive to provide the best service we can. We also use the latest technology and data to provide pricing that is fair and accurate. We look forward to the next transport, have a good one.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I had a good experience with Montway. Their pricing was better than other companies. The guy that I spoke with was very helpful, patient and professional. The driver also communicated with me throughout the whole process.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services. We use the latest technology and data to provide the most accurate pricing to ship your car. We wish you the best in the new year!

Montway Auto Transport Company Information