Lasco Ford

Fenton, MI

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been here before and WOW, what a difference. Looks good with the remodeled showroom and their staff were all very friendly. It was nice to check out the vehicle I was interested in an area where it wasn't raining. These guys have really stepped it up and I ended up buying a vehicle the same day due to the experience I got and I will be back. Great job Lasco and thank you for getting me a good deal on my F150!!!

I just bought a used truck almost three weeks ago and the truck was not properly inspected before they sold it to me. I took it in today because the brakes are squealing and the front end has a shake to it. They tell me everything is fine but the u-joint is bad and the rear differential fluid is dark and smells bad. They didn't fix that problem either. I will never refer anyone to Lasco nor will I ever purchase another vehicle from them again.

Last week I took my car into Lasco Ford to have recall work done. I was told to bring the car in at 9:00 in the morning and expect the work to take 3 to 4 hours. I dropped my car off about 8:45. I return at 11:00 to check on the progress of the work and told that when it was ready I would be notified. I called at 3:00 to check on the work and again told that I would be notified when the car was ready. So I asked Julie the service rep. if there was a problem and could I have an idea when my car might be ready and again I was told, when the car is ready I will be notified. At 4:45 I went to the dealership and ask to speak to a supervisor. At about 5:00 I saw the service manager and at that time my phone rang and it was Julie and she said my car was ready -- 8 hours later.

I went to her office and she said, " sign these papers and your car is outside". I never was given any explanation or some kind of apology for the long wait -- 8 hours for a job I was told would take 3 to 4 hours. I was very dissatisfied the way I was treated and will never go to Lasco Ford for any new car buy and car service.

I went into to sign the financial papers. He kept just shuffling paper after paper, sign this sign that. Tire coverage gap 48,000 4 yrs bumper to bumper coverage... 1 third of what the car cost!! The friend I was with took me to get another $300 dollars--cash only and he said "no you don't need that stuff." So I went back said "I don't want anything but my plate back!" "No no," he said. "I will fix it." I thought meaning take all that stuff off. Don't know what he meant. Went to pay first payment. Still owe what the car cost and $3740 worth of extra garbage. Called to see why it wasn't taken off. No callback, and it's not even 4 yr 48,000, it's 3 yrs 36000. I pray in Jesus name this will save someone from aggravation. It was very dishonest.

Found what appeared to be a great deal on a vehicle on the internet. Called Lasco Ford to inquire and spoke with a salesman. We discussed the vehicle and let him know I was 86 miles away and put 100 dollars down to hold it. Great. That was Fri. evening. Saturday morning my wife and I head up to Mich. The salesman called, says the truck is parked in front of their office. As we pull into the lot we think we see it. Then as we got closer and the way the sun was shining, we see a very large dent and another smaller one on the passenger side. The vehicle was dirty. So we went in and spoke with the salesman to see if they had maybe brought up the wrong vehicle. Oh, no mistake. That's the one.

Now according to the website this vehicle had been advertised for more than a month. After we seen it we understood why they still had it. My wife was very upset with me at first then with Lasco. A bit of her German temper slipped out and demanded our 100 dollars returned and wanted an explanation as to why, (when they're selling a vehicle that's 1 yr. old with only 7000 miles) no one told us about the damage knowing how far away we were. Well, the salesman said he wasn't aware of the damage. Of course she didn't buy that and at this point we're wanting our money back and leave. Then the sales manager comes out and wants to know what is the problem. So we explain and he wants to see the damage. So he says "what will it take to make this work." He said he would fix both dents, all scratches and detail the truck. Plus get rid of the very strong pipe or cigar smell. We agreed then he turned us over to the salesman.

Almost all the paperwork was taken care of along with an agreed price and finance charge. We discussed warranty issues. The salesman told me that there was 1 extra year on the 3 yr 36000 warranty. It would be 4 yr. 48000 mi. from original in service date. Perfect. He said he would call when the truck would be ready. I informed him that the repairs would have to be perfect that my wife will be with me when we make the 86 mile trip up. It took like 4 days and we headed back north. My expectations were low. I couldn't believe that this was the same truck. The repairs were perfect. Now it looked like a 1yr old 7000 mi. truck. When I opened the door the smell - that horrible smoke smell was still there. We then went in and talked to the salesman and he wanted to complete the final paperwork. Once again as we went over the paperwork I brought up about this extra year warranty, if it was an actual extension of the factory one. He said yes. Perfect.

Now we head in to see the finance manager. More paperwork. He's going over everything, agreed upon price, satisfaction with repairs, interest rate on the loan, and the warranty. He tells us that there is no extra 1 yr 12000 mi. warranty. "I'm sorry but you don't understand. We made a deal. We agreed on a price and everything else, plus the horrible smoke smell is still there." He gets the sales manager in and he says "I'm sorry but the salesman made a mistake." So I said "we had a deal" and we shook on it. Ok just take off the price what the cost of the added year warranty is. He got just a little pompous and said "ok do you want the truck or not, you're getting a great price." I told him that we had a deal no matter what great price I was getting. A deal is a deal.

Once again he said "do you want the truck or not." Oh, then he offered us an extended warranty at cost. Plus I almost forgot about the tenth of a percent on the interest loan rate raised from the original agreement and would not put it back and never did get the smoke smell out. Yes it was a great price for that vehicle and that's why I came so far. I am 58 yrs old and have never had any business go back on a deal that was made. I don't care how good a deal it was. If you agree on a deal then stick to it. They apparently found that once they did the repairs and cleaned it up that they could get more money for it. I really think they wanted us to back out of the deal. So be careful these days because a deal on a man's word at Lasco Ford and who knows maybe just anywhere is worthless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasco Ford?

Offered a $7,000 trade for my car, a firm exact trade based on the appraisal that was done by one of the sales MANAGERS. After I spent much of my time searching the lot online, and in store I was able to find a vehicle I loved that I wanted to purchase. Once we sat down to fill out the paperwork to purchase the vehicle, the trade in price DROPPED to $3,500. When I asked about why the price difference they basically said "too bad this is what we can offer" but said it was okay because if i just added the other $3,500 in difference they could still make the deal. How on earth is this a correct way to do business? I was baited in with promises of a good deal, then at the last minute they took it all away, but still pressured me into making the deal. They don't care about the customer, only the money. DO NOT shop at this dealer. They will do everything they can to lie and cheat to make a deal the works in THEIR favor only.

My wife was driving a used Ford Fusion when I contacted Lasco about getting a new vehicle. They talked to me about a new Fusion lease and the lease payments that they could offer. Honestly I was shocked. They bought my used Fusion from me for a very fair price then I was able to lease a brand new fusion for about $200 a month and my wife is thrilled! They have also spent time now after the sale helping her with the new toys like her phone connecting to the car, which she loves. They really are a class act. Very impressed with the entire staff from beginning to end. You have my business for life.

My fiance and I bought our 2008 used Impala from Lasco Ford in Grand Blanc in September of 2014. The man who sold it to us was very nice and helpful. That was until two weeks later, the a/c started acting up and he wouldn't return any of our calls. About 6 months later, the power steering went out. We took it back to Lasco where they "fixed it." We weren't even off the lot and the power steering went out again. They said it was our power steering coolant lines and it would cost about $600. Well, we recently took our car to a mechanic friend who just shook his head at the terrible job Lasco did. They used the wrong parts and even put parts in the wrong spot! They completely ripped us off and I will never buy another vehicle from them again.

While I was completely dissatisfied with their sales department, considering the fact that it took 7 trips, close to 10 hours, and a whole week to purchase a vehicle from this company, that all dulls in comparison to what I have had to experience with their service department. Upon test driving the vehicle I noticed an obvious shaking issue. I was promised by the salesman and manager it would be addressed before the purchase was complete. Supposedly, the issue had been "fixed" while we worked on our financing.

I left with the vehicle and immediately noticed the shaking was still very much there. I called back and was told to schedule an appointment to have it addressed. I scheduled an appointment and was told they would have a loaner for me while they worked on it (I had to schedule out a week to ensure I would get a loaner). I called the day before to make sure I'd be all good to go when I dropped off my car and they were unaware of my appointment and don't even have any loaners to give out. PERIOD! I took my vehicle in and was given a ride to work.

Four hours later the car was returned to me and had apparently been "fixed". I wasn't given any paperwork to show what had been done, and when I called, I was told some story about having a bent wheel and was told they replaced my tires (which looked fine when I looked at them). When I left work, the shaking was just as apparent as when I left it with them before service. I called the next day and was told that there was nothing more they could do, I could bring it back in but all they were going to do was replace the tires again (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM).

So, I took it to management, as far as it could go. I was put in touch with another service person at their other location. I took it over there where I did receive a loaner and they fixed the issue (which was tie rods and ball joints). Everything was okay for about a week until the next issue popped up. My car wouldn't start and about every sensor was going off. Had it towed back to the dealership where it was diagnosed with a throttle body issue. They had my vehicle for about another week.

When I got the vehicle back, I noticed that it still seemed to run funny but I couldn't pinpoint what the issue was. After having the vehicle back for about 3 weeks the next issue popped up. I am now losing power to my engine while driving, and I have to jump my car every time it needs to be started. Have it towed, yet again. This time it's the battery cable has corroded. This time I'm told it's not covered under warranty (like everything else thus far) and that it's going to be close to $250 to fix, on top of towing which was $130. Almost $400 to fix a battery cable? I think not. Obviously, this is not okay, battery cables do not corrode when driven for 5000 miles. It had to be like that when it was sold to me.

After a lot of phone calls and complaints I am able to get them down to $200 for everything. After a couple days, I get a phone call while I'm waiting for the cable to be fixed and am told that they are going to cover everything fully 100%, oh and by the way, we scratched your car while it was here so we are sending it to the body shop to be fixed so it's going to be about another week. After 2 weeks of waiting to get my car back I finally get the call that it's ready. When I picked my car up, I noticed a shutter when I hit my gas pedal. Literally, as I am pulling out of the parking lot. I drive the vehicle home and schedule an appointment with a different dealerships service department, at this point I am DONE with Lasco.

After 2 days at their facility, they tell me that my transmission needs to be replaced. They found metal fragments in my fluid and that it smells awful. Also, they found that the transmission lines need to be replaced. AND there is also an oil leak at my pan gasket (it had rotted). The oil leak has also destroyed my crank shaft balancer. NEVER buy a vehicle from Lasco. Shady business, empty promises, BIG ADVERTISING that means nothing! There's a reason why they say they can finance anyone. Such a sorry excuse of a company!

I purchased a 2007 Ford Explorer from Lasco Ford in February 2014. The purchasing experienced was lacking to say the least, aside from my Salesperson ** who tried her best. After three days of negotiations and travel from Saginaw to Fenton we settled on the 2007 Explorer. Not once did Lasco Ford ask if I wanted an extended warranty on this vehicle. After my sales paperwork was printed off and signed I noticed that they added an extended warranty in the amount of $16500.

After a few months of taking ownership of the vehicle the transmission started acting funny, not shifting right. I made arrangements to take the vehicle into the DLR (all the way back to Lasco) and just as I thought the transmission is bad, but conveniently the part that cause the extensive damage is a transmission shift cable/coil and the warranty company will not cover any of the repair. Suprise!!! Now they say I need a whole new transmission and it would cost me $2600.00. I have a useless $1650.00 warranty that I can't do anything with and a useless 2007 Explorer.

On Feb. 25, 2015 I purchased a 2010 Ford Explorer from Lasco. While signing the papers the vehicle was hit where it was parked (minor damage to rear bumper). Needless to say, the truck was repaired and picked up Fri., the 27th. The repairs done by the paint shop were not satisfactory; an appointment was made for the following Tues., March 3. During the drive home the Explorer started making a grinding brake noise. I knew it was something to do with the dust cover and not the brakes. Sat., Feb. 28th I returned to the dealership, first customer in line for service. The problem was corrected after a four-hour wait. During the 2 days we had the truck home, we noticed the rear defrost was inop. and a lifter would not retain oil and made a slight ticking noise when cold (this was noticed when initially checking out the vehicle). I was assured by my salesperson this too would be corrected.

On March 12th, ten days later after several calls with no call backs, I was told the Explorer was ready for pick up. I got to Lasco and after inspecting and rejecting the repair (the paint was not even close to a match), and the lifter noise was never even looked at. The service manager was called in, he agreed that the paint was not even close to being a match and he would have it repainted and the lifter fixed and I could have my truck the following day. Once again and six phone calls with no return calls, I am told the paint is now peeling and it will not be done until maybe Mon., March 16th. I will keep you all posted as the saga continues. Hindsight being 20/20, I will never again buy anything from Lasco Ford Fenton. I have contacted an attorney but it doesn't look good for me. I purchased an extended warranty and I do not know if it is transferable to another repair facility; waiting to find out.

We had a terrible experience with Lasco Ford in Fenton. I would not recommend them to anyone. Immediately I noticed their lack of customer service. They only show you the cars they want to sell, are dishonest, pushy and rude when you don't do what they want. We felt we were being taken advantage of the moment we walked in the door. Thankfully we knew it and were able to walk away before making a purchase. The manager was actually pretty nice, but didn't act surprised at all when we told him our concerns. We went to Al Serra and were very happy.

I was taken advantage of. The finance man added every warranty possible, just said sign. He just kept saying what a good warranty it was, did not say any prices or additional costs. I was rushed thru this process. When I called and complained he said to cancel them. That took several months and I lost a lot of money for canceling. They don't care about customer. I feel like they Stole from me!

I left my car with the service department on Friday 1/9/14. I had a thunk in the front end that I wanted checked out while still under warranty. They informed me that I needed tie rods. The car only has 35,000 miles on it! 1 week and 1 day later, I still don't have my car back. Every day I call it's another excuse and another promise that I will have it back tomorrow. I have dealt with the service department a few times and this will definitely be my last.

I bought one Ford Focus. We have agreed with value. But when I pay, the value was $1000 higher. The sales person named Andrea ** never more answer the phone and I'm trying talk with director and I couldn't, yet. No honor! Pay attention when you're there.

This dealership is shady as hell. They will lure you in, get you into a piece of **, that's probably been totaled or has been in an accident. Forged warranty crap. And promise you nothing but lies. They will call you like crazy and harass you till you buy a car and then when you sign and drive off, something happens, oh well it's on you. They will hang the phone up on you and you call and complain about something major, they don't call you back. They lie and hurt all these poor people that they lure in and scam them into thinking they have a good deal but really you will end up paying 2 to 3 times more than the price they gave you.

I would recommend looking elsewhere for a new or used vehicle. I bought a 2004 Lariat from them and had nothing but problems with it and I still haven't received my plates, pulled a Carfax on it and this truck has been in many accidents. The control arm broke on it and through me through a red light and almost got me and my uncle killed. I can't drive it because the engine noises got a lot louder and the temp plates expired days ago. I lost my job because of this issue and I'm looking to suing the hell out of them. This was the worst experience ever going to the dealership. Lasco Ford should just shut down because they're going to keep doing the devil's work and hurting people.

I am so disappointed and angry to say the least with the entire process of dealing with Lasco Ford. The only reason they have one star is because I didn't have the option to give them no stars. To begin with I am in the Navy and I found the dealership through USA as a certified dealer. I pulled up the quote for the vehicle I wanted along with the contact information for the person that deals with military sales. When I got to the dealership witch is well over an hour’s drive the point of contact was not there though I called prior to arriving to meet with him. I never talked or saw him during the whole process.

Secondly the price quoted by USA they refused to accept. They said the vehicle I was purchasing was more loaded than what I got the quote for. I got the quote for the 2013 fully loaded sports edition explorer and they were trying to sell me the limited edition for thousands more than the USA quoted sports price. I was there for almost 8 hours! I drove the vehicle home since they told me I could take it home and see if I really liked it. I loved it! And came back the next day to do some paperwork where they tried to tell me there was an issue with the financing and I couldn't get it for the price I had negotiated it for the previous day! Wtf!

Finally after Ashbourne several hours everything was set to go. They were not so happy that I negotiated so low. I guess they figured they could push me over since I'm a female. Like I said I'm in the military and I'm sapped in Michigan. They tried to pressure me into titling the vehicle in Michigan rather than North Carolina where I'm from. They said Michigan taxes wetter lower and I could roll it into my financing. They wetter irritated when I asked them how much NC taxes were and they didn't know. So how could they tell me that Michigan taxes were lower when they didn't know how much NC taxes were?

I called the NCDMV, a call they could have easily made to find that NC tax is 3% compared to 6 in Michigan! Then they tried to tell me they couldn't register my vehicle or get me NC tags. This isn't my first Rodeo. I purchased a vehicle in Maryland a few years back and had no issues. I told them I could walk them through the process since they obviously didn't know and didn't want to take the time to know. They gave me a temp tag then took so long doing paperwork to NC that my tags expired. They never followed up to tell me the stairs of my tags. I had to repeatedly call and finally after several weeks’ worth of messages with no call back drove over an hour very pissed off and demanded they figure some way for me to drive my 50 thousand dollar vehicle. This must have been the worst part of the story you say... ha!

No! A few months later, I stay getting letters from all these companies that ran my credit for vehicle financing. Probably like 12 companies. Each request brings down your credit rating and stays on your credit for 2 years! Again wtf! Still not the worst part. I later found my clothes hanger hook on the driver’s side passenger seat was broken... I live alone and never carry passengers. Just recently I had problems with my tires losing pressure. I filled them up and a week later my pressure lights come back on. I know something is wrong so I take it in to a local Ford dealership where they tell me I have a leak in one of my tires. I think maybe I've run over a nail or something.

They tell me that the leak is where I had my tire plugged from a previous leak and I am shocked! I have never had my vehicle serviced for any tire issues and have never had a reason to suspect I had a plugged tire. This made me very upset because the only way I could have a plugged tire is if I purchased the vehicle that way, and who purchases a 50 thousand dollar vehicle with a plugged tire? Who thinks to verify that the dealership did not sell them a new vehicle with other than new not previously damaged tires.

Of course the dealership refuses to accept ownership of the issue and said my car could have been shipped to them like that. WTF! AND YOU THINK IT'S OK TO SELL IT TO CUSTOMERS THAT WAY? I will never go back to that dealership. All military stay way! And everyone else! I have contacted Ford directly to inform them about this dealership and will contact USAA to inform them as well and to remove their sponsorship from this business. I have served multiple deployments in Afghanistan and I can't even get decent customer service from them at best!

Promises, promises, they tell you one thing and then change it at the last minute. This is the most shady dealership that I have ever worked with...... Very very disappointed.

My husband and i purchased a Ford Escort '08 on 12/10/2013. When we took it for a test drive, we noticed the radio and CD player didn't work and mentioned it to several personnel members. We were told they would take care of it and made a notation in black magic marker. After many, many hours and days of waiting for them to complete the sale, we signed the papers. We again ask about the radio. It was pulled into service and 4 hours later were told 'It just don't work' and that it would cost us $300 plus to fix. In the beginning, we were told all cars undergo an inspection before they are sold and there will be no problems. We have a 3 mo/3,000 warranty plus a 24 mo./24,000 100% coverage warranty but yet they want to charge us $300 plus. I advise never, ever go to LASKO FORD IN FENTON.

I am a former service manager for Lasco Ford. The way we were told to inspect these cars was appalling. These were not safety inspections. They were fixed as little as possible and let the poor customer be responsible for the rest. I would never let anyone I know buy a car from Lasco Ford or Lasco of Gran Blanc. Anyone suing Lasco may want to have their lawyer contact me.

I bought a used 2005 Ford Escape. After purchasing the vehicle, I noticed little things that needed to be repaired. Before I purchased, I told my salesperson that I wanted the noise taken care of and I would bring it back. Come to find out, my vehicle had been in a front end accident and my engine needs to be pulled for the repair. They refused to do it at their costs. They never told me the vehicle had been in an accident. I was only buying a car to build up my credit, and now I'm stuck with a vehicle that needs constant repairs I can't afford with my $500 a month to drive the vehicle. I'm a single mother with 2 kids. They need to quit ripping people off. I will never buy a car from them. What exactly does this "extended warranty" cover? Nothing!

Dishonest staff at Lasco seems to be a theme in many of the reviews here and my experience underscores that and it's enough to prevent me from returning there for the new car I'm about to purchase or future service that will inevitably be needed on my current car. After dropping my car off for the first actual repair at Lasco, I called at 5:50 to request a ride back to the dealership. I stopped working and waited 40 minutes before calling to find out why no one showed up (it is a 10-minute drive) and was told Miguel was already on his way.

Twenty minutes later, a different employee called to say he couldn't find my building. Once we got back, I waited in the service lobby for 40 minutes before being told my vehicle had been completed long ago and they didn't know I was there (they brought me). I planned to use the Owner Advantage points I saved up from previous oil changes toward the bill and they told me they expired - of course, they never told me that when they asked following previous oil changes if I wanted to save them up!

They lied to me about sending someone, that someone had already left to get me, that they didn't know I was waiting and that I could save up my points for future use. If they will lie about such small things, I know I can't trust them when they tell me I need repair work done or about the terms of a potential vehicle purchase. There are no such things as white lies, but there are lots of dealership choices!

I purchased a GMC Sierra 4-wheel drive from Lasco Ford on December 3rd. By December 28th, the transfer case was completely shot and needed to be repaired at a cost of $2800. I called Lasco and they gave me the runaround about not having a warranty when there should have been one for 30 days. Matt Lasco got very belligerent on the phone when I mentioned consulting with an attorney. I stopped payment on the first payment check I sent to them and now have people calling and threatening my family members and me. I'm in the process of taking legal action against Lasco.

On Sept. 14th, we purchased a 2003 Chevy Venture from Lasco Ford. We had preapproval from our own bank before we drove 2 hours to Lasco's. The deal was that they would meet the price we wanted to pay on the van if we financed through them. We shook on it. Four hours later, we signed the papers paying 12.79% as opposed to our preapproved 8.5%. We had planned on paying it off quickly, so the rate wasn't that big of a deal. What is a huge deal though is Lasco Ford never one time mentioned that the credit request was sent out to several companies and each company ran hard copies of our credit scores.

For each hard copy ran by at least 6 different places, my husband and I lost 4 points per run(!) substantially affecting our credit in a very negative way. Had we known that was how Lasco did business, we never would have agreed. A letter to them expressing our displeasure at the way they did this was completely ignored. We've removed the Lasco plate frame from our license plate and scraped off their sticker. We will not advertise for them. I think that what they did was dishonest and harmful to us, and to be ignored when we complained just made it worse. We waited four hours to sign papers that wrecked our credit. What kind of good deal is that?

We purchased a 2007 Ford Edge from Lasco Ford in Fenton, Michigan. We ran a Carfax on this vehicle before buying it and it said the vehicle had no accidents, etc. Two years later, after having several rather expensive problems with ball bearings breaking, transmission shifting wildly, a loose front seat, and side mirrors that don't work properly, we decided to go to a dealership and buy a new Edge. When they ran a Carfax on our vehicle, it showed that it had been in a serious front end accident and frame damage was mentioned at the auction. Instead of getting $13,000.00 on a trade-in, we were told we would only get $7,500 because of the frame damage.

Since then, we found out that it takes a month or two for these things to show up on a Carfax report, depending on the situation. The manager at the new car dealership told us that a vehicle with a bent frame is the worst thing to have for a trade-in. We had another shop look at the vehicle and they said whoever did the repairs on it did a terrible job. Besides that, the whole sales process was done very unprofessionally. The manager at the new car dealership told us to look Lasco up on the internet. They are notorious for dishonest sales practices. If only we had read the reviews on many sites that told of similar stories, we would have avoided the last two years of hassle. Don't buy anything from Lasco Ford in Fenton!

Lasco Ford kept my deposit despite telling me it was refundable. Around the first week of October, 2012, I called Lasco Ford and asked the salesman if they had any 2010 Mazda CX7's for sale. They said they had (lie #1); however, it was not yet on their lot and they had to get it. Three days later, they informed me that this was actually an auction vehicle that they procured for the intent of selling to me, sight unseen. Lie #2: The price I was quoted was $15,500 out the door. I wrote that info down as we spoke. When I made to trip to see the salesperson face to face, he told me that is not what he quoted me. There would be tax and title and registration fees, and not only that, but the actual price of the car went up. I told them I needed a car by that Friday and they assured it would be in before then. That was lie #3.

Lie # 4: Before they could get the vehicle on their lot, they had to have a deposit from me to indicate that I was interested in the vehicle. I told the salesperson, Chuck **, that I would certainly not purchase a vehicle sight unseen and asked if my deposit was refundable. I think I must have asked him this six times. Chuck assured me beyond the shadow of a doubt that my deposit was 100% refundable and the deposit was just a formality for them to get the car on the lot. Six times I have asked him this and six times he assured me my deposit was 100% refundable. Chuck brought me to the financing person (I don't remember his name) and as I signed this just-a-formality-your-deposit-is-100%-refundable paperwork, I once again indicated to the finance person that I was not purchasing this vehicle, and got assurance once again from him that this was just a formality to get the car on the lot. I also questioned why I even had to go through financing as I would be paying cash for the vehicle. His answer was it’s just a formality. Let's call this railroading #1.

After signing just-a-formality-your-deposit-is-100%-refundable paperwork, Chuck brought me to the service department and introduced me to Miguel **, their service advisor. Chuck told Miguel I had just purchased a 2010 Mazda CX7; at which point, I strongly informed both Miguel and Chuck that I most certainly had not just purchased this vehicle! Miguel was the third person to whom I indicated that I had not just purchased this vehicle. As we walked away, Chuck actually scolded me for making that admission in front of Miguel, that saying I purchased the vehicle was just so they could get it on the lot and that by saying I didn't just purchase it, jeopardized his job - railroading #2. The vehicle came in about five days after the Friday I told him I needed to have a car. Without seeing it or test-driving it, Chuck left a message on my voicemail asking me if I wanted the vehicle delivered or if I wanted to pick it up. What?! That would be railroading #3.

At this point, I called Chuck back and told him I was no longer interested in the vehicle, that nothing about the way I was treated felt right, and I had a bad feeling about the whole situation, and that I would never have purchased a vehicle from auction in the first place. He was adamant about my at least coming in to see and test driving the vehicle. I agreed to do this. After test-driving the vehicle, I realized it was not up to my expectations and decided I did not want it. They then told me that my deposit was not refundable as they had incurred expenses to purchase the vehicle from auction and pay for its delivery. This was never ever indicated nor did I sign any document pertaining to this (lie #5). After futile arguments with Chuck, the salesperson, the sales manager, Bill ** called me with the intention of working this out to which I informed him that there was nothing to discuss, nothing to work out, that I was told my deposit was refundable and I wanted it back, plain and simple.

Angered and frustrated, I raised my voice to Billy ** and asked him if it was policy of his company to lie and steal from its customers. He then became very focused on me raising my voice on him, a sophomoric attempt to shift the focus away from the matter at hand, and hung up on me! About 30 minutes later, Billy ** called me back after looking things over and informed me that my $300 was a delivery fee. That was lie # 7. At no time in any way was I ever informed nor did I sign any paperwork indicating that my $300 was a non-refundable delivery fee. The receipt for my $300 deposit, as prepared by Kimberly **, clearly states by Lasco Ford that this money was for a deposit. At this point, I told Billy ** that he just bought himself a million dollars worth of bad press for $300 and that I was going to pursue legal action, and at which time I hung up on him. Touché. I hope that everyone who is thinking of doing business with Lasco Ford in Fenton reads this before they proceed.

My son went to look at a car at Lasco Ford in Fenton. He was informed by the salesperson, Lisa, that he would need a co-signer. My son called me and after heavy thought I decided to help my son. I went there on September 3, 2012 to be a co-signer and thought all was set up. My son took the car for a ride with his spouse, informed Lisa of things wrong; they wrote out a repair slip. My son gave them $1000 from a friend as the down payment, then they wanted a check for the other $1000 which they said they would not cash until 10-1-2012. Of course, my son did not bring their checkbook so I wrote the check and placed on memo not to cash until 10-1-2012. Lisa said I had to write another check and could not place that on the memo. So I wrote second check and placed 10012012 on the memo as my own code.

My son printed his insurance from Lisa's desk placing the car on his insurance policy and gave that to Lisa. We were next taken to Finance dept and I signed papers. When asked about my son, they said he would just hold and keep all the checks showing he paid for his future credit. My son left the lot with the car and I went home. About 10 days later, I received a welcome call from Wells Fargo (the finance company for the loan). They were calling to verify the home address and all that. When I was trying to remember my son's address, they asked if that was where I lived. I told them no, that this was my son's car and wanted all paperwork to go to his house. I was then asked if I knew this was a "straw purchase." - I had no idea what he meant. The next thing I know I was talking to the finance division of Wells Fargo who told me that what happened was not a legal purchase. I asked why the dealer did this. They knew I came in as a co-signer only and I did not know that the car was in my name only until then, nor did I know that I had unwillingly committed an illegal activity.

They said they would fix this the way it should have been and I would hear back from them. About 7-10 days after talking to Wells, I received a call from Lasco Ford asking me to come sign some new papers, that they found a better deal for the loan and were taking $400 off the price of the car. I asked what and why and instead of telling me the truth (I did not tell them I had spoken with Wells), they just said this was better for me. So here, they were wanting me to come in and repeat the same illegal "straw purchase". I called my son and told him what was going on. We called the DMV and they instructed us to fill out paperwork for a complaint, ignore their calls and when I told them they were holding a check, they told me that was not legal either and to cancel the check which I did. I have had several calls and messages saved from Lisa stating how this is a better loan for us and that is why. Then the messages changed to, "I will come to your work to sign," and then she texted my son stating to get me up there to sign papers for his car.

I also answered once and got the same man who had me sign in the Financing division and he told me they did nothing wrong and, "Let's solve this," because I will win in court. I told him about the call with Wells and the letter from Wells stating that Lasco rejected the new offer. He denied that and said I was just dealing with low-end secretaries from Wells. Now I had another call today because even though I told them I was stopping payment on check, they still tried to cash and he informed me that he still will be able to go into my account and get the money. He wanted my phone number, address, work and work phone numbers. This is a mess and they could put my job in danger. They let me unknowingly commit an illegal purchase per Wells representative and then wanted me to do it again. I cannot deal with this. My son still has the car and wants to go to court and by the way he has a title for car in my name and with Wells Fargo as lienholder. Any advice out there to this long mess? My bank says he can't just go into my account but I am considering changing account number after my last check clears.

I bought a used 2000 Yukon Denali and was given a 90-day power train warranty by Lasco. On the 88th day, while driving home from a trip to Pennsylvania, the engine blew out. Lasco contacted the warranty company and in their inspection, they found that someone had replaced an oil drain plug using a wall mount anchor from a house. When I received the vehicle, the Lasco salesman told me there has been a new oil change on the vehicle and the first oil change after that was free. I had not yet taken advantage of the free oil change. Lasco either used the wall mount anchor or failed to replace it during their oil change on the vehicle. Lasco has told me I would have to pay for a replacement engine, even though they used a house wall mount anchor as a drain plug. I have refused to pay for any repair since it was their gross negligence that caused the problem. I intend to bring media attention and file complaints with the Michigan Attorney General's office as well as the BBB. I also intend to file a claim likely in small claims court against this dealership.

The sales and the financing staff took in the car at a low value. They fudged the paperwork in their favor (sales tag was $1,400 less than what they charged in the final documents) and said that they would give a higher value to trade-in, then recanted. I wasted hours and hours of personal time waiting for them to create documents, etc. Overall, it was a bad buying experience.

We bought a 2005 Ford Focus in January 2012. We were told by the salesman, Don **, that the car had been checked out fully and had no known problems. In fact, he called the service manager in our presence to verify it. Within weeks, the front tires began to wear horribly, so we took it to an independent mechanic to check it out. He said the car must have run into something or bottomed out, as the frame had been bent and the right CV boot was torn, plus the alignment was way off. He said that this damage was easily visible. When I complained and complained to Lasco Ford, they eventually agreed to fix the CV boot and replace the tires at their "cost". Their cost on the tires and alignment were more than retail prices at Belle Tire and their labor charges "at cost" were $60/hour. So with their "help", we are out hundreds of dollars and they are out nothing. We will not be doing business with them again and suggest that you don't either.

Lasco Ford Company Profile