LaFontaine Honda

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Increased Rating!

They took care of it.

Michael of Windsor, ON on

Original Review

Worst Honda dealership in North America. They are extremely rude, and for some reason think they run Honda corporate. There was a recall on my Honda accord for a nose mask (for those who don't know what a nose mask is it's an accessory you put on the front of your car). I drove over there thinking the Honda dealership would be able to clear this recall, that I didn't even have on my car. The gentlemen by the name of Wade **, a big hefty fella, decided he didn't want to take it upon himself to clear this recall and started giving me issues about the title of my license and things that really didn't concern him. He told me to go deal with Honda of America. After calling Honda of America, they simply called him and told him that he should have just cleared it. Wasted my time and energy. Very rude people. Don't go here!

I purchased a "new" car at LaFountaine in 2008. It was '08 Rio. I ended up with Accent. No space to tell it all. Wanted a black one. I didn't get promo 500 gas card. Ladies, buy your cars elsewhere. There are some honest reputable dealers out here.

On July 20, 2010 I bought new car from Lafontaine Motors inc. The vehicle is KIA Borrego EX. According to the title application and the receipt of sale, the car was sold as 2009 model and as a new car. Since the car was sold as a new car I was entitled to the following: Get new 10 years or 100000 miles original manufacture warranty that should start from the date I bought the car on July 20th 2010 as the original owner; get $ 3500 KIA KMA cash back rebate from KIA motors America that KIA Motors clearly advertises on their website indicating that any new 2009 KIA Borrego purchased from July 1st till August 2nd will be entitled for that cash back rebate (on KIA Motors web site under Special offers); and get new never used KIA Borrego EX 2009 Model car.

However, later on I found out that both Lafontaine Motors Inc, and KIA Motor Inc. Gave me KIA Borrego 2008 model car. I found that out when I received the car title. Then I found out that the dealer was advertising the car in Automobile Magazine as used 2008 Borrego for $26710. Gave me USED KIA Borrego that has been in retail service since 2008. According to the warranty paperwork, the car went to retail service on September 2nd 2008 with 31 miles on it. Gave me a warranty that already started on September, 2nd 2008. The warranty has been issued to the original owner at that time and most of the warranty coverage has already expired before even I buy the car on July 20th 2010. Refused to give me the $3500 KIA Motors America Cash Back Refund that I am entitled to. I contacted both KIA Motors America on August 2nd 20010 and Lafontaine Motors on July 26, 2010 and the Better Business Bureau on August 10th. However, I did not get any response.

Do not respond to the frequent letters sent out about buying your car to help their used car department out. I planned to pick up a part that I ordered and received a letter. Because I only wanted to see what my car was valued, I decided to respond. I made an appointment. I picked my part up and had the appointment.

For a whole 45 minutes, I wasted my time. The collected my registration info and wanted my ss#, but I refused to give it to them. They took my keys and came back telling me I had a really nice car and it would be better if I put it on Craigslist or put a for sale sign in the window. This was because they had a full inventory of 2005 Honda Accords. I received my letter on Monday, stating the need for 2005 Honda Accords, made my appointment on Tuesday for my "2005 Honda Accord" and was told on Wednesday, they have too many "2005 Honda Accords" in stock. I wasted 45 minutes, but I did get my part.

This is the second time I have purchased a vehicle from this dealership and in the three years, I don't know what happened, but I will never, ever step foot in there again, not even for service. My two good friends, who referred them to me three years ago, each get a new Toyota every two years and pay cash for them. Since my recent experience, they have both purchased vehicles elsewhere, Lexus and Mercury and they have owned Toyotas and Hondas for over twenty years.

I am also the vice-president of my local at work. Not to mention, the neighborhood association president of the neighborhood in which I live, which are all within two miles of the dealership. I will make sure I pass the word around. From the girls who answer the switchboard to the sales and management people, poor, poor, poor. I have always given that dealership excellent score on surveys. Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lafontaine Honda?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Took my car in 12/28/02. Among other problems, I requested 4WD be repaired...not working. Was told the car was put through "every diagnostic test possible and they could not identify the problem." Was told it might be because one of the tires was different from the rest. On 2/21/03, I took my car to another repair facility and was told front axle bearing was disintegrated and axle and related items need replacing. Wondering how on earth that could have been overlooked by LaFontaine?!

LaFontaine Honda Company Profile