2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

The Mercedes C-class coupes are luxury vehicles. Read more Mercedes-Benz reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Mercedes c320 Shop Now on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Shop Now on Rydeshopper

Mercedes c320 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes c320?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes c320?

Original review: July 11, 2017

Have a 2001 c320 Mercedes and having the same problems as others. Battery dies overnight, car ran out of gas on passenger side tank, 5 error on tail lights and so on. I think they should recall on these 2 item which is the 2 major problem on them.

Original review: June 3, 2017

My 2005 Mercedes C320 keep shutting off while driving. Now I don't drive it at all, it's only car I have. I lost my job because of it. I only have it since May 2014, I don't know what to do! Hoping for recall! I am really sick of this!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2017

This car is actually driven by a retired school teacher and purchased new. All scheduled maintenance has been done at the Mercedes dealer. At 58,000 miles the transmission has completely crashed. The BB value is $2500-4000, but the repair bill is offered at $7,500 at a shop which would challenge any Mercedes dealer for quality work. A donation of the car to a school's mechanic's course is in the works.

Original review: March 4, 2017

On Mar 1 2017 my Mercedes CLK 320 started on fire while I was driving it in Melbourne Florida. I noticed a recall 2 days later for some cars not including mine. Please be advised, I had time to get myself out barely. I hate to think if I had a passenger or my two dogs. Waiting on Mercedes headquarters to get in touch with me.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I like everyone else agrees there should have been a Re-Call to fix this problem... Bought this car 3 months ago! Loved it. The first thing was the battery dead after using about a week. I bought NEW battery... that lasted a few months. Got online, did a lot of research and so Yes we unplugged Seat Module on both sides and waiting... sure enough Dead Battery. Took it to one shop complete oil change... Got New Oil change and plugs and got some wiring done. Alternator is working fine. MYSTERY... If anyone out know anything that can help please email me... SHAME ON Mercedes Benz not recalling them. I am willing to do anything if anyone has any ideas on how to put this out there... Maybe they will help us.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My 2002 Mercedes Benz c320 is a nightmare. It turns into limping mode every time I stop at the set of lights, I have to turn on the hazard and turn off the car wait in the middle of the road almost all the time. Clicking sound every time I start the car, passages seat drains the battery, lights burns regularly. Repair and maintenance is unimaginable...

Original review: May 15, 2016

When I first bought this car I thought the electrics would go to ** first as with any European car. But 3 years on after buying it in what most would assume a car's end (10 years old at the time) it has surpassed my expectations. Granted changing the 12 not 6 (dual spark cylinders) was difficult given the limited space. And that the air vent system has broken under the dash so it clicks if you have ac running in the up position for a few minutes. These are minor things. Beyond this the car still holds an impressive 216! Horsepower on the dyno. 1 more than it should have. And still makes me smile every time I drive it.

The thing about this car is that it makes you learn to take care of a car because any shop will charge you twice as much. And I had actually had a shop not willing to work on it because they were afraid to break it. But in reality any person with half a brain can maintain this car and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Not only because it's faster than its E (unless you get the v8) series counterpart but because it can also keep up with a base S (has a v8, but is very heavy) model. And it can still catch eyes.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have been reading the reviews on this car and am stunned. I love this car. I have had it for 8+ years and almost never... Never... Have a problem. My previous car was a Lexus. Before that 2 BMWs and 2 Mercedes SLs. This C320 is the most problem free car of them all. I keep my cars for a minimum of 10 years so I think I have given them plenty of opportunity to show the "true nature of the beast"!

I have always enjoyed this car and dread the day I feel it is necessary to make a change. While it is not showing age, safety technology has vastly improved in the last 15 years and I will soon feel the need to have those new technologies. Meanwhile, I have always felt extremely safe in my Benz... One of my primary reasons for purchasing it. It has been a joy. I hope that this seemingly minority view of this car will give someone pause when denigrating it or encourage a possible buyer when faced with so much negativity. I also think that, in general, people will voice negative views far quicker and more forcefully than they offer positives and praise. I encourage other owners who have positive experiences to weigh in.

Original review: June 27, 2015

At first the battery started draining every day and I had to jump it each morning. Now it drains within 30 minutes of my turning the car off. I have purchased 3 brand new batteries, spent over $4000 for certified mechanics to diagnose the problem, and I even tried unplugging both front seat control modules. Because I unplugged the seats, I then reported the problem to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). There is a clicking noise each time I start the car. Lately while driving the car, the accelerator just stops working causing me to be stuck, blocking traffic. I turn the car off and back on and the accelerator works fine until the next time. This car has been my worse nightmare and has caused me headaches. I could go on and on about other problems. I'm done.

Original review: May 26, 2015

This is my first Mercedes I had bought, at the beginning it was a nice car then I started to have problems with almost everything. Each time you take the car for service to fix a problem, you looking at $500+. I had many cars American and Japanese and I thought Germans know how to build well. That was a major error. I had spent more money in this car fixing little things that broke and cost a lot of money. Electrical parts air bag sensor, hinges, rattling of chassis when the car goes in an even pavement.

It sounds like you traveling in an old bus in Mexico made of wood! I invested almost double than it cost me the other brands however the quality has been half of what I got from the other brands. I will never purchase another Mercedes. The only good thing is the Engine. Since that is a major component of the car made me give 2 stars. Otherwise 1 should be what it deserves. No recalls because they must lobby a lot. Do they get away!!

Mercedes c320 Company Information