Mercedes-Benz
3.57/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

2008 Mercedes Benz C230, had to replace front drive shaft. OK this one had 230000 km. but now on my other Mercedes 2013 C300 got only 104000 and

same problem front drive shaft U-joint gone. Don't think there will be a third one. Just like President Bush said "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice,

you will never fool me again".

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I bought a 2018 GLE43 AMG Mercedes brand new. This was the first Mercedes and will be the last. This car was 85k and I paid cash. I figured you pay that much more you get more. Wrong! First week 640 bucks to replace a tire! Figured a fluke. Then at 19k miles all tires replaced. I refused to use Mercedes for my new tires. They don’t deserve my business! Then service B rolls around at 19,599 miles and they charge me 670.00 which on any other car other than Mercedes would be below 300 bucks. I have things just break, consoles and knobs. This is the a piece of crap. I owned a bug and Lexus and they both came thru for me and didn’t need the pampering. Heavens ... to top it off Sewell In Houston Texas, can’t even return a call. They are not what they claim. They are poorly trained. Stay away from Mercedes and Sewell. They both rip you/off.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I leased a 2019 GLA 250 from Mercedes- When I was negotiating the price I was told it was a demo. I said fine to that. I negotiated the price on Thursday October 24th, 2019, for a Friday October 25th, 2019 delivery. I was told the car had 1718 miles on it which was the deciding factor to me for agreeing to say yes and no further details were given to me. I relied on those representations to say yes. The next day October 25th, 2019 at 4pm I arrived at the dealer to take said delivery. The car was parked outside and was prepped. I noticed a few dings on the car.

When I walked into the show room, I met the reps and told them my findings on said car. I was told that “this was a loaner and that there was bound to be imperfections”. This was not expressed to me prior. I then sat in the car an noticed the scuff on the dash and the mileage being 4424 as opposed to the mileage being 1718. I was shocked and speechless at that point and expressed my displeasure and the reps were equally shocked at the mileage difference. I hesitated on signing but was rest assured that all will be handled. I expressed to Mercedes of Brooklyn that I would like to have the brake pads changed and the minor scuff removed. I was told that they will look into this. Today is Monday October 28th, 2019 and I am told that they will not remedy the situation at all. Very unhappy!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

They had someone else’s information on my account that I was paying monthly for. I contacted them to no avail! Just canceled my Mbrace services today! Beware they’re horrible, I was paying monthly for a service that they made an error on Surprised that Mercedes Benz is affiliated with them. I didn’t receive a phone call or notification about the error. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

WORTHLESS 2019 Mercedes Benz C300. Purchased a brand new 2019 Mercedes Benz at the end of July 2019 with only 20 miles. The car stopped accelerating and was towed to the dealership Oct. 4 2019. The fuel pump was replaced, there were loose bolts/wires, the trunk latch was fixed and for some reason they replaced the charge air cooler which had nothing to do with the original issue. Picked my car up around 4:30pm October 10th, drove it 40 minutes home and the Low Coolant Warning light comes on. Immediately notified the dealership and my car was towed BACK to the dealership around 8am October 11th. They first stated that I needed a new water pump but then said that there were wires loose in the dashboard so they removed the dash and fixed it.

While my car was in the care of the dealership about 60 miles were added onto my leased car and they ran over a nail. So my tire had to be replaced also. Finally received my car back around 4:30pm after work on October 16th, drove 30 minutes and the low coolant light popped on yet again. Immediately notified the tech and he stated that someone will pick my car up Friday October 18th. No one came to pick up my car and now I have an scheduled appointment for Tuesday October 21st. During this time, I have spoken to the managers at the dealership which directed me to file a complaint with Mercedes Benz and I did.

I spoke to two customer reps which the first rep named Jack hung up on me. The second rep escalated my call to a manager named Roman whom said he would call me back but never did. It’s ridiculous that I am held to paying my money for a car that I have not had for three months on top of the fact that it’s been out of my possession for most of the month of October, added mileage that I will never get back on a leased car and continuous problems on a NEW 2019 Mercedes Benz.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I purchased a 2014 ML350 Bluetec and had some problems with throttle responsiveness and transmission revving. After extensive technical servicing, the problem was not resolved. I decided to get rid of the vehicle and get another same model. Within weeks the exact same problem emerged. I contacted head office customer service to help resolve. They pushed it back to dealer who did everything they could however they still expected me to pay depreciation. There is a fundamental performance problem with this model.

As a result, I had to get out of the first one where I took an out of pocket hit of $15,451.41 because of depreciation. Then I get into the same issue with 2nd model and as a result of having to get out of it much earlier than desired I am taking a depreciation hit of 23, 734.85. All in Mercedes is asking me to give them $39,186.26 because of a faulty product. This is my fundamental issue. They should be taking this vehicle off my hands without any penalty to me and working to retain my business. Why should I pay for manufacturer defect? I am not interested in paying another cent out of my pocket to resolve a Mercedes defect. I guess I will have to consider moving to Audi or BMW even though I like the ML product when it works properly. It's about the reasonableness principle and that is the foundation of any customer relationship.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We put in two vehicles in for repairs. Both were charged $310 each for diagnoses. Both were not fixed first time around. They did not even test drive the vehicle before the handed it back. Both vehicles charged for parts that were changed which did not fix the original problem. I would not recommend using this repair outlet unless you have deep pockets. Simple turbo charge problem ended up costing $11000.00. Worst workshop experience of my life. Same work shop couple of years ago did the brakes on my wife`s car and forgot to tighten the wheel nuts and my wife nearly lost the front two wheels on the freeway. Only stopped to check because the car was making too much noise which saved her life.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Remote starter only works 1/2 the time. It gives you a error and tells you to try later. Called tech support many times. They get it working for a while and does same thing. Also you cannot remote start unless you have a 1/2 tank of gas or more. That is stupid. I always have to fill up to use the remote starter? I could understand if gas light was on. But that is ridiculous. Also run time is only 10 minutes. In new England cold that is not even close enough to warm car up.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We have a 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL350 that listed new for 80,000.00. We bought it used in October of 2018 and it appeared in Excellent condition and had a clean Carfax and great service history. It had about 97,000 miles on it when we purchased it. At approximately 108,000 miles the engine locked up with no warning. The cost to replace the diesel engine with a new engine is close to 25,000.00. I contacted Mercedes Customer service and was informed that since I didn't purchase the vehicle new and I didn't have its yearly service done at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer, they would not be able to offer any assistance with the repair cost. I was informed that even if I had purchased it new and had it serviced by the book, they would probably only offer about 5-10% of the repair cost. I was then told that if I wanted to purchase a New Mercedes GLS model, that they would offer me a discount coupon of $3,000.00.

A new GLS starts at about 65,000.00. I think an 80,000.00 vehicle should last longer than 108000 miles, even if the dealer does not maintain it. By looking at the vehicle it is apparent that it was maintained. POOR customer service and product support in my opinion. Now I have a vehicle that I owe 16,000.00 on, and I would be lucky to get 6000.00 in the condition it is in now. And a used motor would still cost around $10,000.00. In addition to the engine, I have had to replace the oil filter housing due to a leak at less than 100000 miles, and recently I replaced the rear air bag and sensor and the air diverter valve also. Done with Mercedes for sure.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

This was the worst service department I've ever encountered! My car had problems from day one and I've been back nine times with my car out of service for over 50 days and still the problems remain. The service also put charges on my credit card that were completely unauthorised and to this day has never responded as to why they did that. Even the Santa Monica dealership is awful. I cannot wait to be done with this horrible lease and move on to a better company! I have been in touch with their corporate apartment and they have been just as pathetic. I always thought so highly as a Mercedes name but I realized it's just a brand and nothing more.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information