2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2020

After making my way through Hondas, Volts, driving all kinds of rental and friends vehicles (yes even 750 BMW and Tesla), my heart will always belong to the CLS (comfort, luxury, sport AND beautiful interior / exterior). Whenever I drive our second car (VOLT) and change to the CLS it feels like Im switching from a tupperware to a tank. With ONE finger I can bend the Volts hood, but I can SIT on my CLS hood or open door (windows down) without anything bending out of shape (and I am 175 lbs). In a BBC auto test show they compared a Ferrari to the CLS and guess who won? The Mercedes.

Incredible fast (but not loud), curve stability like a racing car it still provides comfort and safety thanks to its steel enforced body. Very elegant and leather infused interior und retro dashboard, extremely sleek-looking exterior. Although my favorite CLS are the 500 - 550 series up to 2014 before they changed the dashboard to look like a discotheque, I will stick with this model until they come up with flying cars... and then it might be a Mercedes. The company gives you warranty up to 25 years for certain parts and if you treat your Merc kindly it will last you forever and not suck up your 401K. To those who do not dare to switch from their Kias and Hyundais to a solid German built car, let me tell you... you wont regret it... buy it used = less expensive and have more fun driving than you ever had!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We have owned our Mercedes C230 since we bought it new in 2007. The Mercedes has outlasted our BMW 325i and our Toyota Tundra. The car still drives like new. Of course we have had regular maintenance performed regularly, just like we did on the previous mentioned vehicles. As of today, everything on the Mercedes is working properly. Unfortunately we can not say the same about the BMW or Toyota. Don’t get me wrong, the BMW and Toyota still had strong engines, it was the many little thing that went wrong. I would strongly recommend the Mercedes. We have purchased an E class Mercedes and are confident it will be as great as our still C230.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Mercedes S550 is one beautiful vehicle. I own three of them. I just fell in love with this vehicle the very first time I saw one. Great ride, one of the best I ever rode in! Quiet ride, to the point where you feel so comfortable you want to rest instead of driving this vehicle. Now there is a good side to anything and there is the other side! Someone once said if you have to ask the price you must not have the ability to afford the cost to make repairs! First order of business, vehicle warranty a MUST! You ended up selling your first child to keep it on the road. Average maintenance cost per year $2,000 to $3,500 even if you have a good warranty. Tires, tune up, head lights for starters. The ride, the looks, the style might be worth the price to you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The Mercedes E350 has been around since 2006. This engine is a true workhorse, which is featured on a variety of body styles. I have owned two of them, the first on a lease and the second one a purchase. Although my current E350 is a 2013 model, it still looks new in style and condition. I have found it extremely reliable and with the MB Certified warranty, a wise buy. There are a number of great improvements to this model each year, but my current 2013 is as good as them all. I will not hesitate to recommend the E350 to anyone seeking a great-looking, luxury car. I found it to be very cost effective to purchase a Mercedes.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Mercedes C63s sits atop of the MB C class line and comes standard with the works in terms of AMG tuning and design elements for that extra bit of luxury and massive amount of performance. The 63s is NOT a cheap car by any means. In fact it probably sits atop the segment in terms of price. BUT, the car handles beautifully, fit and finish is spectacular and the engine note from the twin turbo V-8 is out of this world. If you want a car that appears docile, feels luxurious and sedate, but performs and sounds like a car 10 times the price, then you may have found your match.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: June 1, 2020

I had a deal over the email with one of the salesmen but Ken ruined my deal because didn't like me negotiating on price. Super unprofessional and acting like a kid. I'm sorry for this dealership putting him in charge. Btw, I got a good deal at Laguna Nigel branch

Original review: April 29, 2020

I drive a 2011 Mercedes Benz E350. The extended warranty is expired but it only has 89,000 kms on it. First issue, the air conditioning gives me heat instead of cold air. I had sensors to replace after checking warning light codes. The main issue I'm having with Mercedes is there is a tear in the leatherette seats in the driver's side. The car has only 89,000 km.

I can understand the other issues and how I would be out of pocket, but I would expect a much higher quality standard for an $80,000 dollar car. I had assumed the seats were made out of real leather and would be stitched properly. This issue I expected Mercedes to resolve. However, after many attempts the best they offered was to pay for half the material (about 25% of the total cost). Mercedes is not the quality of vehicle that their image portrays. I would not buy another one in the future, back to BMW for my next vehicle.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Day one I proceeded to get the car I’ve always wanted, C300. I purchased a package to take care of the car in case anything happens. I found out 1. The package did not include all I was told, and 2 - I was paying for a feature my car never had. The GPS (send to Benz) was removed and three service places could not figure out what happened to it. “It’s somewhere in cyberspace” is what I was told. I then tried to renew my registration in another state; I needed the title and power of attorney, and Mercedes sent a copy.. the DMV needed to original paperwork. Twice copies were sent.

I RS now almost May 2020, been waiting to register my car since March. I’ve been paying for a rental for well over a month. Now with the Covid-19 epidemic DMV is closed. If Mercedes would have sent the documents in the first place I would be registered already. Then I was told I would have to pay over five hundred dollars for them to take back my lease car.. because I refuse to lease or purchase another Mercedes. My dream has been shattered and I’m extremely disappointed with Mercedes. When I ask to speak to a manager it never happened and the customer complaints department just stood quiet as I explained My problems and disappointment.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Unfortunately, I have not had a good experience so far. In February 2020 I purchased a new GLB250 and I loved the car. However, I cannot to get the Mercedes Me app connected as it will not accept the VIN. After at least a dozen calls to support, and with the case escalated to “the highest level,” I got nowhere. I called the dealer, Mercedes of Winter Park, and I spoke with at least 4 people. I even left the new car with them for three days. They found nothing and fixed nothing. TWO MONTHS later, all communications have ceased, I have been ghosted, both by the dealer and Mercedes Me support and the problem is STILL unresolved.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have been driving cars for 20 years now and this has been the worst experience ever. I owned Fords, Fiat, Honda and all these cars were decently reliable. I bought a new GLC 300 2020 in Jan 2020 and two weeks later the car started with weird behaviors; it was suddenly off or the battery was completely drained; the driving experience was good. Then 500 miles into the car and it got suddenly broken. The car won't even start so I had to towed it into the dealership. Now they have found some core issues with the electronics of the car and will take them weeks to get it fixed. Make yourself a favor and stay away from this brand.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information