2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (768 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Lexus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: May 10, 2021

This year I purchased my 3rd Lexus at McDermott in East Haven. I must admit that my purchasing experiences have all been fine but there was something unique and special about Charlie ** as the Client Advisor. Immediately, I found Charlie to be welcoming and eager to help me find the perfect car with the correct color that fits into my small 1929 garage. He was totally accommodating to my weekend requests for appointments and was a man who listened and remembered my requests. He could do a dissertation on Lexus history which I found fascinating plus there is no match for his wonderful sense of humor.

In addition, it’s not over with the signing of the contract. Charlie has said that I can call him anytime I have a question about the car! This has been validated and is such a great pleasure to have this option. In addition to Charlie, there is an excellent Service Dept with Tanya and co-workers. And, there is Ryan M., A certified Lexus Technology Specialist to navigate buyers thru the technology maze and Crystal, Business Manager to help clients thru the paper maze!! Thank you Mr. McDermott for have such an exemplary team!!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I am very impressed with the Lexus extended warranty. Two years ago, while having my vehicle serviced, I was informed that my steering was defective and leaking. It would need to be replaced. The cost was over $4000.00. My extended warranty covered the entire cost with no copay required. This one repair more than tripled the cost of the seven year warranty. I have had extended warranties with other vehicles that I have had, but none as good as this.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Rx350 Years behind in electronics and user interface. Inconsistent at best. From maps, to rear hatch to phone interface, to trip data it all is terrible. I turned in a Ram 1500 that was two years older but years advanced on all those features. The ride of the Ram was also much better. My previous four Genesis were also much more friendly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Purchased a used RX350 16 months ago. 2016 year model. Love the looks of this car. I drove a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium for over 6 years and that car was way above this car in every way. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

We feel that we have been distorted in buying my wife's first new car, We drove 3 hours to buy our Lexus at Lexus of Lansing and they sold us the ceramic coat/scotch guard. They did not complete/do the ceramic coat and over sprayed the scotch guard which left dot marks all over the inside. They were done in 20 minutes with the ceramic and when we noticed what happened tried to call. Manager refused to talk to us. We talked to sales manager. They said they were all wrong and sent us to dealer near our house Lexus of Orland who then was told by the Lexus of Lansing dealer again to try to deceive us to do a butler.

We believe we again were being decepted. Lexus of Orland agreed to do the ceramic for Lexus of Lansing and when we picked up our new car had scratches and swirls all over the car. Lexus of Orland refused to do anything. The manager said, "You did not buy it here. We can not help you." We had to take it somewhere else and pay thousands.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Dashboard cracked right after Lexus warranty ran out and they will not replace. It’s ghastly looking and scary dangerous, but they don’t care. I have sent them photos and all they do is continue tell me that case manager said we were not eligible. It’s our 5th Lexus and we cannot believe they are not replacing. Worst customer service ever. There was a huge class action case that they never sent us a letter about.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I purchased my 2919 RX450H in December of 2019 off the showroom floor with 250 miles. The first year of having my car, my car shut down on me two times. Both times I was on my way to a patients home. While in route to my clients home I started receiving Hybrid System Malfunction warnings, Pre-Collision Malfunction and Check Engine, immediately after that I received a warning to pull over to a safe place immediately and within .03 miles it automatically shut off without me being able to pull over to a safe place. By the second time, I went into the dealership and I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland about the car being very unsafe for me to drive because I never know when it’s going to just shut down on me and that I would like for Lexus to give me another car exactly like mine. I informed him the only reason I chose Lexus over the other high end cars was due to its safety history.

He informed me that the dealership aren’t able to mark my car as a lemon write off only Lexus corporation have the legal right to do that. I contacted Lexus corporation. Filled out all the required paperwork along with the service that had been performed on my vehicle due to my shutting off while driving. I later received a letter stating they reviewed my case. Could not mark my car as a lemon.

I’m here to say that my car just shut down on me again for the 3rd time for the exact same reason with only 20k miles on it!! I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland again informing him how upset I am and this is unacceptable and how I can’t believe Lexus isn’t standing behind their brand considering how they brag as being ranked as one of the safest cars on the road! Lexus doesn’t stand by their name and don’t care about their customers safety!! I do not recommend Lexus to anyone if this is how they stand behind their brand!!! I feel like Lexus IS saying “you’re on your own and deal with it”!

Original review: May 8, 2021

This is my first time leasing with Lexus. I have leased with Honda for 16 years, ever since I got my license at sixteen. I decided to switch to Lexus, but I must say I’m disappointed. I specifically asked the car saleswoman Danielle C at Tri County Lexus in Little Falls NJ if the LEXUS RX 350 FSPORT had panoramic roof and she said, “no they don’t come with that”. After making the deal I find out that they do.

I basically have a Lexus with the same features as my 2018 Honda Accord, paying more than double the price. I’m very disappointed. I also wasn’t told that the 12inch screen was available on the Fsport as well. First and last time leasing with Lexus for sure. I could have leased a 2022 Acura MDX technology package with many more features and same price! Aside from the disappointment of service I encountered, Lexus is lacking on their technology features.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I own my 4th Lexus car which is a 2020 new 250h UX Lexus model. Ever since the car was delivered to me I am complaining about a strange noise coming from the Runflex tires the car has. The dealer would not accept the complaints nor change the tires and my general very good experience with the previous Lexus cars I owned is now completely different and the ride is just not enjoyable to say the least!!

Original review: April 22, 2021

A few days after purchasing my 2018 ES 350 Lexus I noticed a fumey smell in the car after driving it for a few miles. The car was a certified used car so I thought maybe there were lingering scent from the previous owner, so I gave the interior of the car a thorough cleaning, but I couldn't get rid of the scent. I used all different types of air freshener but the fumes scent kept coming back, especially when I was driving on the highway. What really scared me was when I was transporting my daughter and she stated that, "Mom the smell inside your car makes me feel nauseated." I called the car dealership Lexus of Palm Beach immediately, I stated the problem and was told to bring the car in.

To my surprise Lexus has been aware of the problem since 2006. I was given a HVAC odor maintenance bulletin dated February 6th 2020, which stated that some 2006 to 2020 model year Lexus vehicles may exhibit odors that naturally occur from the HVAC system and/or related environmental factors. Although there is no way to eliminate these orders, follow the general procedure in this bulletin to minimize the order experience. I was told to purchase a charcoal AC filter with an AC refresher for $265 plus tax that may or may not minimize the order experienced.

The most shameful part of this experience with Lexus was that they were trying to convince me that other motor vehicle manufacturers had the same problem, The problem I see here is Lexus chose not to fix this problem. They have been aware of this problem since 2006 and they continue to manufacture vehicles with the same odor problem as of 2020. I have driven other cars that were not fume coffins, like this ES 350. Other automotive vehicle manufacturers choose to fix this problem. I bought this car because it was a Lexus and the name Lexus was associated with prestige and luxury. I now have a car, I still owe thousands of dollars that I cannot transport my children in. I have to drive the car because it's my only means of transportation but I feel unsafe in it every day I drive it.

I am so tired of corporations and people who work for these corporations that don't care about their customers and their safety. I bought a Lexus, I expected the best in luxury, before buying this car I drove a Kia. It did not have an odor issue so Kia found a way to fix the problem, why Lexus refuses to fix this fume odor issues. Shame on you Lexus Manufacturer.

Original review: March 2, 2021

After purchasing two Lexus’, I thought I would stick with the brand for a very long time. This will probably not be the case. After having a series of very negative experiences with my 17 RC350, I will most likely never buy another Lexus. A little while after purchasing the RC it started developing a tapping sound. This noise continued to get louder and I was able to hear it from inside the cabin of the vehicle. I was able to locate the noise coming from the mechanical fuel pump. I took it in to my local dealer for repair. They told me they were unable to duplicate the concern and the assistant service manager displayed no customer service skills whatsoever in any attempt to help me with my issue.

I contacted the Service manager the next business day and was able to come in and work with him and the diagnostic tech to duplicate this noise. We spent an hour test driving and listening to another RC they had on the lot. I was told to make another appointment and they would take another look at it. While it was in this time, the dealer involved the regional field specialist and dug deeper. I was ultimately told that even though they were able to duplicate this concern, it was normal operation.

I made a complaint with Lexus customer care and this complaint was escalated twice. Two of the three people I spoke to at Lexus were more interested in talking than actually listening to my concern and again showing any kind of customer service. This includes the last individual who was the highest executive level I could escalate this. They made it very apparent that they were not interested in assisting a repeat customer with a valid concern. They made it very clear that losing any further business was less important than repairing my fuel pump.

Lexus advertises their luxury vehicles to be the quietest on the road, but when you bring them a valid noise complaint they don’t want to honor the bumper to bumper factory warranty. This is the opposite of what I expect when I invest in a luxury car company most of all Lexus. I did quite a bit of my own independent research and determined that fuel pumps are a bit of a sore spot with Lexus and a bit of an Achilles heel.

My vehicle shares the same fuel pump as the IS and the GS. I was given a 2019 GS as a loaner vehicle and the fuel pump was at least 80% quieter. I was also able to determine that the fuel pump for all these cars has 4 successive part numbers. Lexus has obviously redesigned this part several times for important reasons. I am left to wonder if my generation was updated due to excessive noise. Ultimately the unwillingness of Lexus to take responsibility for their product and their customer service leaves me no other choice but to leave record of this and let others know what I have experienced.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I will never buy another Lexus vehicle. After receiving a recall notice, I waited to take it to the dealer because I was unsure if I was keeping this car. When it was decided to pass it down to my 3rd year medical student, daughter, because of the supposed reliability, I took the vehicle in for the repair. When I left there with a diagnosed timing cover leak, engine oil leak, that occurs in about 100% of these due to a manufacturing problem, and was notified of a $2,800 cost, my trust in this vehicle is over. Not only was that uncovered, but my daughter has complained of the navigation/electrical system shutting off/rebooting approx. 8 times in a 2 hour drive.

Jim Hudson Lexus service advisor said I needed an update for $186. Upon further review, I do not believe an update will help. I reached out to Lexus Corporate and after the case manager, finally, reached someone at Jim Hudson, this has been ongoing for about 3 weeks, she called to tell me that Jim Hudson could not create the navigation problem so they did not have a suggestion other than to leave the car with them for further diagnostics. Since the driver is a medical student, 2 hours away, this additional diagnosis time may not be a possibility. Also, she wanted to notify me that Lexus will not be able to help with the repair of the oil leak. After discovering the continued problems with these vehicles, not just the 7 year old ones but the 1 week old ones, I will remove Lexus from my possible cars to buy in the future. Please beware of any Lexus vehicle you are thinking of buying. I do not know how they receive such high ratings.

Lexus Company Information