2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (771 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Lexus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently emailed Lexus Brand Experience about the horrible service I have received with my new Lexus ES350 FSport. This was on 12/29 and I have yet to hear back. Just another testament to why I will never buy a Lexus again. It all started from the salesperson telling us that we had 2 free oil changes that come to find out is not true. Then after bringing my car home, noticing it has a very small chip on the gas cap & the salesperson telling us "Oh well, you took it home, nothing we can do." Each time I've taken my car in for service it has not gone smoothly. The 2nd time taking it in they rotated my tires & since then my car has not driven the same. Took it in for the 3rd time and when I bring this up, the service writer proceeds to tell me that they could balance them for $90 & had I brought it in immediately after that they would have fixed it. I'm trading in my car and will never recommend Lexus to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Beware of this diagnosis. It is not covered as of now from Lexus and is a 6,000-7000 dollar repair due to their drain hose design and placement in vehicle. I just bring it in for 10000 mile service and within a week the car started to take in water. It's been a problem with these cars since 2012 and they won't do anything to fix it because they're claiming natural causes. I leased car from lexus of Rt 10 in Whippany NJ. They won't help or lexus 1-800 won't either even knowing this problem has been going on for many years. I went on lexus forums to see if other people have had same experience and the answer is yes from same dealership also too but after their 5000 mile service. Beware and spread the word about lexus.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Lexus requires you to pay a yearly fee to use remote app or key fob for remote start. They should not be doing this. Other manufacturers do not require this fee. I will think twice before purchasing another Lexus vehicle because of this.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

In trying to use destination assist, I find the wait time to speak to an agent is very unacceptable. I have waited on more than one occasion in excess of 5 minutes. It never use to be this way, and the problem seems to be getting worse. It seems as though there aren't enough people, and what can be more appalling than that. Spend the money and get us the service.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I visited JM Lexus where I leased my NX200. I had a accident about 4 weeks before lease end. I spoke to a manager about the procedure of returning the vehicle if it was damaged. he went into the computer, and stated to me that I had the excess wear and tear plan, and I was covered at $2000.00 per incident up to $7500.00. I explained to him that I was going to take it to my insurance company, and pay a $500.00 deductible, and have the vehicle repaired. He assured me that the plan would cover the damage, and just return the vehicle. I did what he told me to do, and my new vehicle arrived about two weeks later. The night before, I got a invoice from Lexus for $6500.00.

I forwarded this information to the salesperson, and he said the damaged should have been covered. After speaking with his manager, it wasnt covered. Problem is now the vehicle was sold at auction, and I cannot put in a claim with my insurance company. I spoke to the Manager at the dealership, and he told me that when the car was turned in the salesman was supposed to inspect it, and he would have told me there was too much damage. That never happened. I told this guy from the get go there was a lot of damage, but he was sure it would be covered. Now Lexus is trying to put me on the hook for the damage, because somebody there dropped the ball. It is just aggravating to me that I was going to put the claim in to my insurance company, and this whole thing would have only cost me $500.00, and I listened to the Lexus representative instead. Looks as though to me the Wear and Tear plan is a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have a 2008 Lexus Rx350 with a cracked and melted dashboard and Lexus refuses to help in any way even though thousands of cars had this same issue. Lexus is substandard and their customer service is below par. I do not recommend anyone to buy a Lexus. You will be sorry because they do not stand behind their vehicles. I was never notified about this dashboard issue so by them saying I didn't react in time is a stupid reason not to help with a product they they know... has been an issue all along.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Lexus ES300H is my dream car. Become my nightmare now. My new car water leaking into the car within 6 months & 8 months. The 1st incident was the sunroof leaking and the 2nd incident was the aircon evaporator coil. I am very disappointed such a premium given such problem. Furthermore, Lexus Service Centre does not have the spare parts on hand. Therefore, I got to wait for a month plus for Lexus Service Centre to repair it.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have been driving Lexus RX series since 2004 and Germain Lexus of Dublin Ohio is my dealer that I dealt with all those years. Just recently, I returned my leased 2017 RX350 and purchased 2020 RX350L. The deal was to forgive me for all remaining payments on my lease and to forgive me for the excessive mileage. Everything was verbally and was not in writing.

Once I got my new 2020 RX350L, few weeks later I received an invoice from Lexus Financial Services to pay for excessive mileage. I called Lexus Financial Services and said the deal was to forgive me, they said, "You have to contact Germain dealership and remind them to pay us the bill," I did and the sales manager I dealt with said that the deal was I have to pay for excessive mileage. I am 100% positive that he is not correct but unfortunately, there is nothing in writing to proof my case. I wrote a complaint on Germain’s website but no one contacted me, I also left a voicemail for the General Manager but he didn't return my call.

My advice is to get every promise in writing before you sign anything.

Original review: June 26, 2020

2013 Lexus RX350, zero accident, South County Maintained at 62K miles it already had Cylinder head gasket leak. Failed to meet my expectations of 100k miles... Failed to meet the Reliability Pedestal.

Original review: June 24, 2020

About 15000 miles I noticed the leather coloring wearing off. When I called about it they said no problem under bumper to bumper warranty. Mind you I weigh 155 and my wife weighed 125. When taking it in for airbag recall with now 30000 miles and still under warranty I mentioned the seats. They have refused to repair it or replace them. I have a 1994 F350 we towed the race car with and 200000 miles and seats perfect. Any other vehicle I have owned, I'm 70 and owned quite a few, never had coloring worn off the seats. On my 2010 Lexus didn't have a problem. But now I guess they are saying we can't meet the quality of all the other car manufactures. This is totally wrong what they do and should be held accountable and take care of the defect.

Lexus Company Information