3.31/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Kia Reviews

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

Kia Lindenhurst NY ripoff artists refuse to return deposit.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2011

I think we have seen enough of the Kia girl. She was cute at the beginning, but enough is enough. She has a Billy Mays irritating voice. She still is cute but let's scale back on the advertisements or get another spokesperson.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2011

After going over all the terms and conditions of the sales price and trade in which was written on scrap paper, I went into the room to sign all the papers that were ready to sign in which I did, only to find out mostly everything was changed. Thankfully, my mother was present and what we were told was not what the contract said. They increased the sales price instead of giving me the ext warranty they charged me. They also added a second warranty of $2,000 and the total warranty charged was $3,795.00.

Right after signing, the sales person came in and folded all the papers so I could not even look them over.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

I have a Kia Sedona Van. Every 90 days, both of the head lights blow out at same time while driving 55 mph on a highway. I have contacted the Kia Dealers and Kia Corporation many times already but they cannot do anything or mainly they will not do anything! The bulbs are Sylvania and were installed correctly, with clean sanitary gloves not touched by the skin or hands!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

My wife was in an accident on Monday, 10/31/11 on Hwy 741 and her car was totaled out. My wife has developed pain in her neck and back area, now her chest. During this accident, none of the airbags deployed at all. We had a wrecker driver take our car to a body shop in Forney, Texas and the manager showed us 5 other cars that were Kia that had the same problem to where the airbags haven't deployed. Is this a defect in the system? My wife could have been in a very serious situation or even killed in this accident. We put our trust in these cars when we purchased them from the dealerships and later we found out that they are not working properly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

I bought my 2009 Kia Rio in April, 2010. On Oct. 30, 2011, my car would not start when I came out of a store. There was a large, yellow sticker inside the door that reads "For assistance, call". I called that number and it just rang. I did not see the transparent sticker in the window. Oct. 31, I dropped my keys at the dealership (Harris Kia in Lansdale, PA) hoping they could look at the car. I called the dealer at 8:30AM, they informed me that I had to call roadside assistance or pay for the tow. I called roadside assistance. They informed me that I needed the VIN number to verify service or pay for the tow. I left work on my lunch break and got the documentation out of my car. At about 11:30AM, I called roadside assistance again and set up an appointment for 4:00PM to meet the truck.

By 4:30, there was no truck. The response I got from the local company, Mike Carr's Towing, was that there had been an accident call and the driver was stuck in traffic. We agreed that I would leave the keys under the driver's side floor mat. I had to leave as my ride was also having car trouble. At 5:10, I called the local company again. The receptionist gave me the same answer she had the first time. The car was picked up finally at about 5:50PM. The dealership checked my car and found that the battery was dead. I have owned the car for a year and a half and I am stuck for the entire amount. $185 + tax, $40 for checking the old battery and $40 for putting in the new one. How long does it take to put in a battery? Surely not a half hour.

I am less than a happy customer. The amount of action I had to take and the sheer inconvenience are outrageous. I'd hate to imagine getting stranded in my Rio and having to depend on the roadside assistance. I wonder if my warranty is worth the paper it is printed on. I had to leave 3 classes during work to deal with all of this nonsense.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

I bought a 2010 Kia Rio at the end of September. I haven't had the car for two full months yet. I only have made one payment on the car. Already, the car needed the breaks and the gas pedal fixed. First, the arm rest was missing and I was told that it would be ordered and be ready in a week. It took them two weeks to get it to me . Now, when I got in my car the other morning, my headlights wouldn't come on at all, only the high beams would work (Remember, I traded in a car that had headlights that did the same thing, that's why I got a new car.) When I turn on the air condition or the heater, the motor vibrates bad. I have spent two days on the phone with Kia, where I bought the car, to see that they get it fixed.

I have been call-transferred here and there, I feel like I traveled the world. I was told to call and talk to the sales persons manager to see about getting me a loaner car until mine can be fixed. He told me he had to talk to the service manager and see what he says. He told me to call back in 15 minutes so he could go and talk to the service manager. I did call back and they want to tell me he is in a meeting. No, I think your avoiding my call. I have called 3 more times and could never get him on the phone. Well, the last option is for me to go and explain everything in person since I can't get anything done over the phone. I live an hour and 15 minutes away . I am a divorced 28-year-old parent of one. I need a car, I work 50 hours a week and go to school 3 times out of a week. If nothing is done soon, I am going up over everyone's head. This is truly **. I regret getting a KIA

Original review: Oct. 31, 2011

I feel that the finance representative was not accommodating and discounted me, after I signed the contract. I had it adjusted because of extra charges, the paperwork is different on other copies (the trade-in value was decreased to hide the extended warranty of $2000.00). He did not go over the contract.

His name was Collin ** at Legend Kia in San Antonio (IH 35 N, San Antonio, TX, 210-650-9969). I obtained financing from my bank, which exceeded the cost of the vehicle I initially chose. I wanted to upgrade to another vehicle and he told me I had to pay the difference out of my pocket (which was not true). I feel discriminated against because I am a black female that went into the dealership "alone" to purchase a vehicle. I don't feel a man would have been treated the same.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

I give 5 starts for the sales lady and 1 star for the financing department. We made a deal with the sales lady Josslyn and she went to her manager Eric everything was set 60 months at $320 per month we get to the financing dept he goes no way that can't happen. I told him, ''No Eric said 60months @320 it's a deal. We bought the KIA. Well, in financing it ended up 72 months at 328? My husband said not to make a scene so I said well when I come pick up the tags I will talk to the manager Eric and Josslyn. That happens yesterday 10-29-11.

The financing guy said you should have told me .I informed him I did more than once he kept telling me that wasn't going to happen. So yesterday, he goes the paper work has been file so what do you want me to do. I informed him I wasn't happy the manager and sales person gives you a price and when you get back to his office whatever the manager say doesn't mean anything I don't feel that is right .This isn't the first vehicle we have gotten. He was wrong charging us one more yr I know we could have said no to the car but my husband said go ahead but if he has done it once how many other times has he done it to other customer. He had no excuse but it can't be done yet the manager gave us a discount because it was a 2011 and the finance guy didn't and wouldn't sale it to us at what the manager and sales person quoted us.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

I bought a Kia Picanto with registration no. ** from Princess Crossing Franchise in Roodepoort, Gauteng on July 21, 2011. Up to date, I didn't receive the service booklet of the vehicle. Wayne **, the sales representative, promised on numerous occasions that in two weeks time I will have the booklet and that he didn't receive it from head office yet. I am a very proud owner of the Kia Picanto. And I want to keep the service schedule up to date. Can something small like a booklet turn into an issue? Please assist me.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2011

I purchased a used 2008 Kia Rondo in Houston, Texas in May of 2009. It had around 38,000 miles on it but appeared to be in a very good shape. About a month ago, which was in October, 2011, the air conditioner started blowing only hot air. I brought in to West Side Kia in Katy, TX and was told that I needed a new air conditioning compressor and it would cost me $1,300 to fix it. My car is out of warranty because it has around 62,000 miles on it. The service advisor told me that I need to consider whether or not I want to put that kind of money into my Rondo or just trade it in for something new. My God, the car is only 3 years old! I was in shock.

I asked the service advisor if this was what the quality the consumer should expect--only three years use of a Kia before having to trade it in? I asked him how a car so young would already need a new air conditioning compressor. What made matters worst was I was approached by two very pushy sales people, one of which, I told that if I had to buy another car, it certainly would not be a Kia. I've had cars that have had over 150,000 miles on it with air conditioners that still worked like they did when the car was brand new. I was also informed that a Kia cannot use anything but Kia parts and because of this, the cost of a new compressor was triple what a regular one would cost me. It seems to me that there is something very wrong about this. I feel as if I've been ripped off and I cannot afford to buy another car right now.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2011

The gas tank leaks. Kia had a recall but they will only fix it if the leak is on the very bottom. I was told mine is leaking at the side seam. The tank is rusted bad, it shouldn't matter where it is leaking. It is dangerous and should be fixed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2011

We are writing this because of an incident that we had on Saturday, October 8, 2011 at Valencia, CA Kia dealership (a.k.a. CA superstores KIA). During our visit, we've had a very difficult situation and inappropriate matter with one of the sales managers, Raldo **. At the beginning of purchase transaction (after we've mentioned about the final quote that the dealership agreed on), Raldo ** started yelling with anger and stomped out on us. Offensively, he doubted us about the price that the dealership gave us. This made us very uncomfortable and it was extremely rude behavior. We couldn't find any reasons of Raldo **'s attitude. We've never had such an unpleasant experience and being insulted before.

Later, he came back and we've tried to tell him that we didn't appreciate his demeanor. However, he totally ignored us and walked away again for the second time without any apologies. It seems like his main focus was on something else, not selling a car. We've requested his business card, but he refused to give it out and told us that he doesn't have it. Therefore, we are doubting his qualification as a sales manager. Absolutely, we found zero customer skills and business ethic from this person. We weren't expecting a top service, but at least he didn't need to be rude. Based on today's bad experience, we believed that we are not the first and only customer who have received this type of treatment. We've lost our time and effort.

Unfortunately, we could not purchase the vehicle because of the above incident with Raldo **. We are very disappointed and will not recommend to any friends and/or family members about this Kia dealership and his service. Finally, we strongly not recommend this person to any future Kia customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2011

I bought a Kia Rio in 2003. I was the first owner with 1,000 miles on it. It was on clearance. I didn’t need an extra car, but the price was too good "to be true". 3 months after the purchase, it was still under the famous 100,000-mile guarantee. The A/C stopped working. I took it back. They fixed it. 8 months later, the A/C stopped working again. They fixed it. 2 to 3 months later, the A/C stopped working again along with the driver lock. They fixed both. This time, I told them that I didn't want the car no more. It was too much hassle and I needed a reliable car because my older car got totaled in an accident.

This time, they got a brand new AC compressor. It worked for a year. The dealer told me the new compressor had its own guarantee. I told them I wanted to exchange it for different car. He said if it didn’t work, they will do it. They were very nice, so I trusted them. Less than a year later, the AC and car locked again. I took it back. I had enough. This time, they said: "We're sorry to inform you. But if you would had come before last week, we could it replace it. But your guarantee on your A/C just expired." Now I'm stuck with this piece of **! I keep advising my friends never to buy a Kia ever.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2011

I parked our Kia just after the last oil change and service. We bought a new van, a 2007 Toyota Sienna. I never even thought of trading for a Kia. The Kia was driven off and on. My next service was listed in miles from the dealership. I had no idea that there was a month limit too. It was about two and a half years and we were going to get it registered to put back on the road for our daughter. It drove fine to the dealership except when I slowed the RPM to stop, then it would cut off. There were no knocks, clicks, smells except for a woodsy smell that they described as old gas. They cleaned the old gas out, did a tune-up, put in a new coil and did an oil change. They said it still wasn't right so they kept it over night.

The next morning I called and they told me that the engine was shot. They said cylinder no. 6 was dead. I had it towed to AAA, a shop that we trust. They just did a compression test and analyses. They said it was cylinder no. 4. I talked to another Kia dealership and had it towed there. I gave them permission to check further. They pulled the head, used a scope and checked. I was told that a valve was bent on cylinder no. 4. I researched this and found at that bent valves are caused usually by a jumped timing belt. It was replaced at 54,000. Later, this service manager called the other dealership's service department and said that it was cylinder no. 4, not 6 and that the rocker arm was broken and laying in the cylinder. That is not what I was told.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2011

I was having my van serviced and fixed. I needed an oil change when my air bag light and check engine light came on. The dealership said that in order to check out the problems it would cost me $90.00 per problem. So I went to lock my doors, and the remote didn't work so I had them look at that. Now the other remote doesn't work either so they checked that out too. They said both remotes do not work . I find it a little weird that both don't work. The car is 4 years old and the one key and remote are in my safe, just in case I lock myself out and so I don't lose them. I would like to know if there is anything Kia can do for me and my family. Between me and my family, we own four Kia cars and we love them so I really hope you can help me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

I was driving my car and the engine failed. It ignited on fire and was "Total-ed." The fire department and police came and put the fire out. I filed a claim on the day of the accident (August 18) with my insurance company that I have progressive insurance with. They have consistently lied to me and will not give me answers. All I am told is that they are still investigating and keep telling me that they will find something out. It just never happens.

Because of this, I don't have a car to use since the incident and this has caused me real stress. My car is under warranty so I need someone to help me out.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2011

I bought a vehicle from this company in June 2011 and one week after purchasing this vehicle, the trunk latch inside the car broke. I have been calling them to schedule a service visit and one time they called me, they were very rude to me. So as of now, my trunk still does not work and I do not feel I want to return to that location to get it fixed because of the way I was treated. However, I do need this problem fixed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2011

I purchased a Kia 2004 Sorento from a local Kia dealer. About 2 years before the warranty was up (I bought it used from them and they only gave me the remaining 1st 5 year warranty), the car started making loud noises from the transmission/transfer case area. Then, while driving on the highway, the wheel basically locked up. I contacted the dealer, took it in, and they replaced a few parts but did not find out what was actually going on.

After getting the car back, about 2 weeks later, it started again so I took it in again to them. They changed the oil in the front and told me to drive some more. Then 30 days before my warranty was up, it acted up again, and I took it in and they did nothing but check the oil again. So, almost 2 months later (30 days give or take after the warranty was up), my transfer case went out. I blew a seal and almost totally destroyed it.

I took it back to Kia in Liberty Lake, WA and they told me that they would not cover it because it was not the main reason I kept bringing it in for. After researching, I found that this seemed to be a known issue with them and if their shop would have taken the time to check everything, they could have saved all those visits and unnecessary repairs.

So, they wanted just under $5,000 to replace the transfer case. Well, I owed only $8,000, so to me, this was not right. I had to search around for a used transfer case because I had Torque on Demand version which was very hard to locate. I found a used one and had it replaced and only after 1 year later, the same exact thing occurred.

Now that I've had this car for a while and it is older, I have found so many people with the same issue but Kia refuses to do anything. You cannot tell me they do not know that this is a major issue. When the first time the wheel locked up, I was in major traffic and on the 2nd time, I was still in traffic but was lucky no one was behind me. I do not understand why/how KIA is not being made to replace these. Oh, and the manager at the service center put in his system that I refused service so that kept me from getting help from the dealer or corporation. Wow! Yes, I refused service on a lemon car.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2011

I think Kia has a problem with their rear end 2008 Kia Sorento. My car makes a lot of noise when driving, I had the rear end fluid change. Keep in mind that the Power Train Warranty is for 100,000 miles. I just have 43,000 miles on my vehicle. They said because I can not find the proof of having it changed, it's my fault and I would have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. I read online that a lot of customers have the same problems with Kia Motors.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2011

The little door on my gas cap will not open. I took it to the garage 3 times now. The first time the garage just bent it. The second time they ordered a new door. The third time they just bent it again.

Today, on my way home, I was almost on E and of course, my gas door would not open. It is very frustrating to have a car that you are not able to put gas in. I am requesting the Kia dealer to purchase a new gas door for my car, but this time, to give me a door that also has a key entry so I do not get stranded.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2011

The passenger light would remain at the "on" position when a 130-lb. passenger is seated. The dealership, after three attempts to have it corrected, stated that the car system is not at fault. I was advised that the passenger should buy a "lumbar" support to move the passenger further into the seating area and that the passenger should not cross legs. This would result into safety issues if involved in a crash.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

In August 2010, I bought a Sorento and a Cadenza, the former was for my wife. On July 3, my wife got involved in a car accident and the insurance company of the other driver is paying up for the damages (he was at fault). I drove the car to the Kia official garage in Salwa on the same day (after completing all formalities). The car suffered damage to both doors on the right and all side airbags opened, plus the driver's seat belt damaged. Well, it is September 13th and the car is still at the garage. Every time I call, they are still ordering parts. Either they are lying or they are totally incompetent. I talked to the manager yesterday. He was very apologetic and said he will call the repair center and come back to me immediately. I am still waiting. The car has clicked 9000km and should have been replaced as it is brand new. I am now planning to get rid of both cars and buy something different (the cars are good but the service is shameful).

Original review: Sept. 11, 2011

I am an owner of Kia Rio 1,3/2004 and I am generally satisfied with it. There is only one problem. I must buy a new car key nearly every year. Car key is a wear off - grind in keyhole. This occurs because the key is made of brass and keyholes of steel. Service men know this, but they are powerless to solve this problem because every new elementary key is made of brass instead of steel.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2011

My Picanto 2011 horn or Klaxon, was working properly, but when I came down the mountains to arrive at sea level, it stopped for a while and it worked again by itself. I took my car to the Kia maintenance room at Beirut, Lebanon, but they wouldn't know the reason. They just answered, “we don't know, it's working now.” Take note, I bought the car from Kia Lebanon with 0km.

The interiors are crunching, especially the front glass. Is it normal? Take note that Lebanon does not have high temperature, we are not Sahara that the car should melt.

The wheel stands are easily damaged and I repair them by kicking them, are they plastic?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2011

I bought my Kia Sorento brand new in March of 2011. Just over the weekend, the check engine light came on. The dealer has to replace the canister and said it was because I "topped off" when getting gas, and that the warranty only covers a "one-time replacement" of the canister. Well, I have not "topped off" when getting gas and even if I did, this is a brand new car! The mechanic said these cars are "sensitive". Seriously?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2011

I have owned my Kia since May 2006 had it now for a little over five years. I too, like many other, called Kia consumer assistance line the first few weeks after purchasing the car from Kia Country in South Carolina. Like everyone else, I thought I got a deal and the sales people were really nice too, until you sign the paperwork and they put the keys in your hand. That is when all of the problems begin.

I complained of the paint peeling. They told me that there was nothing that they could do, so I let it go because it wasn't very noticeable, but that was my mistake. After that, more and more problems began to occur like the blinker lights blow out every couple of months. Twice, they blow out at the end of the drive way. I brought my car right back to them and all they did was replace it, but the very last time, I refused to take my car back until they did some further investigation. They did, and the results were that they had a short, so I went.

After another couple of months, they blew out again. The air bag light comes on and goes off. They were supposed to fix it again, but like everything Kia supposedly fixed, doesn't last very long but only a few months. My chamber and chassis cannot be aligned per tires, plus I brought the 3 year alignment when I purchased new tires from them last year, but have never had a proper alignment. They suggested that I take it to the dealer. I took it to the dealer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. All of these existing problems, the dealer did not fix or don't want to produce paper for.

Now that the warranty is no longer effective, they want me to pay for all of the problems that were never addressed by corporate or the dealer Stokes Hodges Kia of Augusta, GA customer service. They have had about 4 or 5 managers since the purchase of my car. I was considering buying another Kia some time ago, but with the many ongoing problems I had with my Kia, I would never buy another Kia ever in life. You have poor customer service. You guys have left a bad taste in my mouth. I want rest until justice is serviced.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

KIA agreed to fix my car which is presumably under warranty. We agreed that they will cover the parts and I will cover the labor at $1,250. After doing the repairs, they are now saying that they will not honor the warranty! This is on top of the disappointment I have had with KIA. I still owe $1,661 on the vehicle and I am so frustrated that they are pulling this! I would have never agreed to having them repair the car, had they not agreed to honor the warranty, as I had a mechanic who is willing to do it at a much more reasonable cost!

KIA is a rip off. They are crooks and are not trustworthy! My lawyer will be handling the matter from today; however, this still leaves me without transportation! Today, I will drop one of my classes that require me to travel to a distant campus for lack of transportation. I will most likely lose my job. And in the meantime, my car will sit at the KIA dealership because KIA will not honor the agreement they had with me! Shame, shame, I know your name!

The magnet I just ordered to place on my car is in the shape of a lemon and it reads: "Ask Me About My Lemon." It's a KIA, dude!" Although it will be a while before I am able to drive my 2006 KIA Rio again, I will proudly sport it around town with my new bright yellow accessory added to its both sides. Never would I ever recommend a KIA to anyone I meet! I will tell everyone I know to never ever consider owning a KIA! Let's boycott KIA! I will post on my Facebook account and in other sites, put signs in my yard and give bumper stickers to all of my friends--whatever it takes to make people aware!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

The dealership is great. The staff is great. But the car is a piece of junk. The air-condition is stuck and is blowing hot air. KIA told me that it would cost over $400 dollars to repair. I took it to another dealer and they said that it was the air-condition trip switch under the gas. Now, it is stuck and hot air blows constantly. I can't believe KIA South would rip me off like that. I trusted them. I am hurt and upset.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

I purchased a Kia Spectra from Enterprise Car Sales in Rockville Center NY. The first week of purchase, the car died. I come to find out it was the alternator. Enterprise/Kia Auto World at 2520 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554 (mechanic: Rich; contact person: Jamie), replaced the alternator. Nine months later, the alternator goes again. The car was taken to Hillside Kia 153 12 Hillside Ave., Jamaica NY 11432. THEY replaced the alternator.

Nine months later, the alternator went again and I took the car to a mechanic on Merrick Blvd. on 109 St. Jamaica, NY because it was out of the warranty and AGAIN the alternator was replaced. Today 8/23/11, the alternator went again. I felt that the car that was sold to me from the start was a lemon and I was looking to pay this car off BUT now i feel that I have been taken advantaged of as a consumer and I am looking for assistance as a consumer from your agency.

Kia Company Information