Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.38/5

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1004 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 7, 2011

I bought my Kia Sorento brand new in March of 2011. Just over the weekend, the check engine light came on. The dealer has to replace the canister and said it was because I "topped off" when getting gas, and that the warranty only covers a "one-time replacement" of the canister. Well, I have not "topped off" when getting gas and even if I did, this is a brand new car! The mechanic said these cars are "sensitive". Seriously?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2011

I have owned my Kia since May 2006 had it now for a little over five years. I too, like many other, called Kia consumer assistance line the first few weeks after purchasing the car from Kia Country in South Carolina. Like everyone else, I thought I got a deal and the sales people were really nice too, until you sign the paperwork and they put the keys in your hand. That is when all of the problems begin.

I complained of the paint peeling. They told me that there was nothing that they could do, so I let it go because it wasn't very noticeable, but that was my mistake. After that, more and more problems began to occur like the blinker lights blow out every couple of months. Twice, they blow out at the end of the drive way. I brought my car right back to them and all they did was replace it, but the very last time, I refused to take my car back until they did some further investigation. They did, and the results were that they had a short, so I went.

After another couple of months, they blew out again. The air bag light comes on and goes off. They were supposed to fix it again, but like everything Kia supposedly fixed, doesn't last very long but only a few months. My chamber and chassis cannot be aligned per tires, plus I brought the 3 year alignment when I purchased new tires from them last year, but have never had a proper alignment. They suggested that I take it to the dealer. I took it to the dealer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. All of these existing problems, the dealer did not fix or don't want to produce paper for.

Now that the warranty is no longer effective, they want me to pay for all of the problems that were never addressed by corporate or the dealer Stokes Hodges Kia of Augusta, GA customer service. They have had about 4 or 5 managers since the purchase of my car. I was considering buying another Kia some time ago, but with the many ongoing problems I had with my Kia, I would never buy another Kia ever in life. You have poor customer service. You guys have left a bad taste in my mouth. I want rest until justice is serviced.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

KIA agreed to fix my car which is presumably under warranty. We agreed that they will cover the parts and I will cover the labor at $1,250. After doing the repairs, they are now saying that they will not honor the warranty! This is on top of the disappointment I have had with KIA. I still owe $1,661 on the vehicle and I am so frustrated that they are pulling this! I would have never agreed to having them repair the car, had they not agreed to honor the warranty, as I had a mechanic who is willing to do it at a much more reasonable cost!

KIA is a rip off. They are crooks and are not trustworthy! My lawyer will be handling the matter from today; however, this still leaves me without transportation! Today, I will drop one of my classes that require me to travel to a distant campus for lack of transportation. I will most likely lose my job. And in the meantime, my car will sit at the KIA dealership because KIA will not honor the agreement they had with me! Shame, shame, I know your name!

The magnet I just ordered to place on my car is in the shape of a lemon and it reads: "Ask Me About My Lemon." It's a KIA, dude!" Although it will be a while before I am able to drive my 2006 KIA Rio again, I will proudly sport it around town with my new bright yellow accessory added to its both sides. Never would I ever recommend a KIA to anyone I meet! I will tell everyone I know to never ever consider owning a KIA! Let's boycott KIA! I will post on my Facebook account and in other sites, put signs in my yard and give bumper stickers to all of my friends--whatever it takes to make people aware!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

The dealership is great. The staff is great. But the car is a piece of junk. The air-condition is stuck and is blowing hot air. KIA told me that it would cost over $400 dollars to repair. I took it to another dealer and they said that it was the air-condition trip switch under the gas. Now, it is stuck and hot air blows constantly. I can't believe KIA South would rip me off like that. I trusted them. I am hurt and upset.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

I purchased a Kia Spectra from Enterprise Car Sales in Rockville Center NY. The first week of purchase, the car died. I come to find out it was the alternator. Enterprise/Kia Auto World at 2520 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554 (mechanic: Rich; contact person: Jamie), replaced the alternator. Nine months later, the alternator goes again. The car was taken to Hillside Kia 153 12 Hillside Ave., Jamaica NY 11432. THEY replaced the alternator.

Nine months later, the alternator went again and I took the car to a mechanic on Merrick Blvd. on 109 St. Jamaica, NY because it was out of the warranty and AGAIN the alternator was replaced. Today 8/23/11, the alternator went again. I felt that the car that was sold to me from the start was a lemon and I was looking to pay this car off BUT now i feel that I have been taken advantaged of as a consumer and I am looking for assistance as a consumer from your agency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2011

As a Kia owner and supporter of the rejuvenated products and brands, I had to tell you about my experiences that are still on-going with the dealer and service franchisee's/network that Kia seem to be straddled with.

On July 13, I brought my car in to City World Kia in the Bronx, which, in and of itself, was a nightmare. You see, the greater New York Metro area has very few dealers to choose from and those that are members of your network are very suspect at best and downright dishonest and awful in reality.

Having called Jason at customer service (Kia USA), it was clear he could only be limited in his effectiveness as he constantly and repeatedly told me that the dealers were independent and that Kia USA could not directly get involved to help the service process along. This was seven days into leaving my car there without even a call or return about my inquiries. That was very frustrating since it is in Kia's best interest to make sure that their dealer and service network are not only trained well, but also provide the best service that they can as competition, as you know, is fierce.

Unfortunately, Jason (of Kia USA Customer Service) didn't follow-up after I asked him if I could pass along my frustrations to the district manager (who he said was not available to the public) and we ended the call with him giving me an ID # 28-2003701. No call or any updates as he was ignored by City World KIA as well. All he could say was, "sorry Mr. **" and "I'll do what I can," which is nothing. I also talked to Kathryn ** at the corporate office and Crystal **, who closed my case after she did nothing to get my car fixed. This, in and of itself, was the most insulting since she ignored four phone calls that I made. When I called Justina, another service representative, just to speak to someone on August 17, she, at least, called me back twice to tell me she had to send the case to the executive level because it was closed by Crystal (after Jason gave it to executive, he didn't and couldn't do anything). Amazed, shocked and insulted -- my car still wasn't fixed.

So why should I get frustrated if my Borrego was lost at City World for a week? Why should I be upset that Kia USA did absolutely nothing to move my car along after I took it out of City World Kia and after they finally found it (yes, they lost it)? Why then should I be insulted and feel demeaned after Lash Kia couldn't provide a loaner car because I waited a month to have them get some parts in to do the work?

It has been three days and I am still waiting for Lash Kia to finish their work on the Borrego. And when I talked to David, the service associate who I originally spoke with about my horrifying experience with City World KIA, he was upset and was correcting me that I have to wait to get the additional parts in. Do they think at Kia that their customers don't need their cars? Do they treat all of their customers like this? So, I found myself waiting with no car despite giving Lash Kia a month to get the recall parts and do the work they needed to do. Afterwards, they told me that the car and the issues I've raised (and you'll love this) "are operating within manufacturer's parameters". I was told that the 4WD "hang up sometimes" when it is engaged and does the same thing when you want to disengage it. What? Are they kidding? So, after over a month of waiting and fixing the delaminated rotors myself for safety reasons, I am treated like an imbecile. Kia USA ignored me despite my sending emails to six of their executives and being promised a promotion for my troubles. Wow! I wonder if the head office in South Korea is aware of the poor level of service and treatment of their customers in North America.

Each time, I had to call the service department and they were upset with me whenever I inquired as to the status of the car. With City World, I called after four days and I was not able to speak with Nick, a service technician who was supposedly fired, until the end of that first week. Moreover, the claim by Carlos, the service manager, was that they were busy and I had nine items to check. But then again, I found out that the special technician was out of town until the end of the week. The same thing happened at Lash when a seemingly competent Tania ** went on vacation while my car was with them. Only after I called three times did I get David to call me back to tell me they were waiting for another part despite me trying to avoid leaving my car at another dealership for three more days without any notice or update.

On the basis that the service options for Kia automobiles are so restricted in this area to ramshackle chop shops, their on-line service appointment system was a complete waste as the request and ensuing specifics about why I was bringing the car in was not even received by City World. It's something of a phishing feature and, yes, this is something that Kia should be concerned about. How can Kia USA ignore an area with 16 million people? Had I been working for Kia, I would make every effort to get new licensees with state-of-the-art service centers, show rooms, and sales and service people that can, at least, spell! I've owned Hondas, Acuras, Mercedes-Benz, Mazdas and BMWs over the years and not once have I been so blown away by the complete incompetence, indifference, filth, poor service, etc. by the Kia brand.

My bottom line is that Kia needs desperately to upgrade all of the areas I mentioned and I'd be happy to stay with them because I am thrilled by the renaissance over the years from the disastrous Hyundai Pony of the 80's to the thrilling designs and engineering of the line-up today. Unfortunately, the dealer and service network is so wanting and deficient that Kia will lose sales on that basis alone which is truly a shame!

As for my poor car, I brought it in for the following reasons: Service Campaign CS005 (rear seat carpet replacements), defective windshield washer motor, defective hatch-rear light, wheezing and clunky CD player, popping and knocking sound under the passenger seat, slow-shifting transmission, 4WD that gets stuck in low (requiring a reboot by shutting off the car and rolling it), front brakes that have either got warped or delaminating rotors causing serious vibration, a possible leak in the fluid, and poor suspension which causes the vehicle to hop and jump over road seems and bumps. I understand that it is a truck-tuned suspension, but it is unsafe to corner with the Borrego because of the serious steering issues when hitting any bumps at all. I neglected to tell them about the inside weather seals that are dropping off and that need to be reset on all four doors, but hey, I just wanted them to deal with the safety issues. Oh, and I asked about how to clean the cloth seats and all I got was a comment to use regular upholstery cleaner. Gee, thanks, considering that they are staining so easily, that my daughters damp swimsuits left water stains on all of the seats in the back. Great quality!

Considering the service so far (or total lack thereof), I don't expect anything and absolutely will never buy a Kia or recommend one again. In fact, what Kia has done (especially Kia USA's total lack of interest in assisting me with their "independent dealer network" and their promises that were left unfilled) is that instead of bringing a customer back in the fold, they have created an absolutely incensed customer who will use every opportunity to enlighten anyone about the dealer network and the corporate reality of Kia USA as a paper kitten when dealing with their dealers and their customers.

As it is, I had to drive some 12 miles from my home to get bounced from the dealership to the service area because I couldn't bring myself to go to the Yonkers location. No communication from Jason or anyone as they close the files regardless if the case was resolved or not. The reason that major corporations run into significant problems is that their field experts do not have the ability to end licensee's relationships, or just decide not to, simply because they are selling cars. Imagine how many more they would sell if they did not have dealerships like City World Auto, Yonkers Kia, the fraudsters at Major World and Nemet (who tried to bait and switch me, posting cars they didn't have on-line), and Smithtown Kia.

Right now, I am sitting, waiting and expecting for a call. I would likely get some huge bill with nothing covered under the warranty despite the car having only 32,000 miles on it. I shudder to think how much more effort I'll have to make to get my car back without any damage being done to it. Can Kia USA help? No. Hopefully, this letter will shake up the district managers and their managers. Kia might sell even more cars and create happy, grateful repeat customers! I, unfortunately, will never be one of them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2011

Wires burned out without triggering the fuses, following a jump start by AAA on my 2008 Kia Rondo. The Sansone dealership and Kia headquarters are denying warranty coverage despite faulty original wiring and/or fuse box. The wires should not burn out before the fuses are tripped. Without warranty coverage, which the car has for 100,000 miles or 10 years, it would be precarious to order another jump start when the wiring and/or fuse box are faulty.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2011

Since we bought the 2003 Kia Rio, we experienced electrical shorts in the HVAC controls, especially in the motor fan control – it burned out. I was told the electrical harness was not on recall and not covered after 12,000 miles.

Since they wanted more than $600 for the switch, I fixed it myself. The motor switch has burned up three times. This last time, the harness melted at the switch. It should have a motor resistor but this model does not have one or offer one according to the dealer.

Many other Kia owners claim they have had the same problem. Many, fearing for their lives (the car catching on fire) and getting the runaround from Kia, have gotten rid of the car and have sworn never to buy another KIA. I firmly believe a recall on this model is in order, it could save lives. A class action law suit is way overdue.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2011

My husband and I bought a 2009 Kia Sorento in December 09, three days before he was deployed to Iraq. We were told that we had a bumper to bumper warranty, and that everything would be covered. Within a month, I took the car back to the dealership to be told that nothing was wrong. On 3 other occasions, I was told the same thing. In July 2011, with under 50,000 miles, my car started to sound like an airplane taking off. I took the car back to Kia. And they told me I needed a rear differential. It would cost about 1400.00 to replace. They explained to me that the rear axle and back wheels could lock up. I asked about the warranty. And they said I needed to show them my oil change receipts. What does an oil change have to do with a rear differential? I spoke with the district manager who is very unprofessional and rude! She said that Kia will not honor the warranty and fix my car! Even the service manager was shocked! Kia prides themselves on their warranty, and now I see why. Because they don't honor it! Now we are stuck paying 19,000 for an SUV that is broke.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2011

Are you thinking of buying a 2011 or 2012 Kia Sorento? Forget it! My wife and I are both professionals who depend on our cars to get to work every day without fail. My wife is a pharmacist and I am an attorney. We are both in our 50's. In early 2010, we bought a 2011 Kia Sorento primarily because of the push-button ignition feature. My wife has advanced arthritis and the Honda Element she had been driving was hard for her to change gears with its dash-mounted shifter with the button on the thumb-side of the stick.

We bought a brand new 2011 Kia Sorento from Lee Kia in Fort Walton Beach, Florida for under $26,000 financed through our credit union. The car performed well until 2 months ago, when we took it to the same dealer for a service recall we had gotten in the mail. When the car came back from the dealer, my wife said it was slow starting when she depressed the brake and pressed the push button ignition. On Monday, 7/18/11, the car would not start at all. It was completely dead. It then had 25,000 miles on it. I called Kia Roadside Assistance and they came and towed it to the same dealership that had done the recall work.

It has been in the shop ever since then (18 days). I would repeatedly call the Service Department and speak with their manager "Joe", who acted like he was annoyed at having to tell us anything! We were given a rental in the meantime at Kia's expense, but this week they said they need a part that they cannot get and they have no idea when we will get the part back! I called the local General Manager at the beginning of this week. He was asked to call me back during the noon hour on my cell, but instead called me at 9:10 AM when I was in court and unavailable.

I called and left messages for him the same day, but he did not return my call for 2 days. He then said that even though the car is built in Georgia – 6 hours from where we live here in Florida – his parts receiving facility in Atlanta was where he got his parts from and they did not have the part, a "brake light component". In the meantime someone at the dealership told my wife that the problem with the push button ignition is endemic to Kia Sorentos, and they are trying to fix the Sorentos rolling off the line in Georgia with this problem now before they hit the public!

So much for the security of buying a Korean car "made in the USA". I told this to the local General Manager and his comment was "that sounds like a story from the trenches, I'll check into it"(!). The rental car we were given was a Ford fusion, low to the ground, which my wife cannot drive because she has a hip replacement. I told the General Manager this and he said he would have someone call the rental car agency to switch us out to something that rode higher. This was 2 days ago. That afternoon, the Service Manager "Joe" called and said he was "trying to get us into another rental".

I got tired of waiting for anyone to help us and 24 hours ago went to the rental car place and got put into another rental within 15 minutes of stopping by their office. I called the Service Manager after I left in the new rental and his sad story was he was "still working on trying to find me another rental". I told him it would be nice if he would just call me daily with an update on the repair and the needed part. He said he would (this was at 3:30 PM yesterday). As of today at 1:30PM he has not called or left a message. Oh yeah, and when I called him earlier over 2 weeks ago, I was told "I just got in. I have no idea what the status of your car is!" This was at 7:35 AM (they open at 7:30AM) after no calls had been made to us the entire preceding day. Gee, sorry to distract you from chomping into that creme-filled doughnut buddy! As soon as we get this car back, if we ever do, I am running to replace it with a reliable Honda.

If not repairable after 30 days I will be seeking an attorney to sue the company and the dealership for breach of warranties and fraud, under the Florida Lemon Law Act and any other cause of action that fits. Stay tuned.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2011

I just noticed a bubble on the hood of my 2010 KIA Soul. I called the dealer and they said that Kia only warranties paint for 3 years or 30,000 miles. Well, it just so happened that although it's within the 3 years, I am over the mileage by about 15,000. First of all, what do miles driven have to do with paint? I told him I keep it garaged at home and under cover at work. It rarely gets sun exposure other than when I'm driving. I'm not happy!

Original review: July 30, 2011

I purchased a 2011 Kia Soul on May 24th. I have received the "New Vehicle Purchase & Delivery Survey". I have tried to log on to the website to fill out the questionnaire. I get on the website but the user ID & password sent to me doesn’t allow me to access the site. I have tried to get to your main website to report the matter to your customer service department but the website comes up "not found."

Any ideas on how I can complete the survey online will be most welcome. Thanks.

Original review: July 25, 2011

The 2002 kia spectra may run but asthetically is poor. both seat belt buckles have broken off. the arm rest has broken off. the seat has broken. the passenger door will not open from the inside because the handle is broken. the dash is buckling up around the defrost vents. the ac has stuck on heat before because of an easily tripped switch under the dash and now the ac is stuck on defrost and won't change back to the vents.

Original review: July 24, 2011

Radio commercial is offensive and not in good taste for a class company such as KIA. It was using Arnold Swartzeneggers current marriage/divorce scandle, his accent, etc. to entice consumers to buy a KIA. If anything, this type advertisement probably turns people off and was very distasteful. Please take this into consideration and take that radio commercial off the air.

Original review: July 23, 2011

My 2002 Kia just wouldn't start. I had it towed. The mechanic said that the problem is the switch (a $20 spare part), but because it was behind the timing chain. They had to tear the whole front of the engine off to get to it. It cost me $1100. I will never buy another Kia, and I will be telling all my friends to avoid them like the plague. This is just one of several issues I had with the car.

Original review: July 15, 2011

I bought a new KIA Rondo in Aug '09. It had powered mirrors on the sun visor. It was hardly used on the first year. Later, when my wife started using them on the co-driver's side, they got hard and started cracking. Within six months, it cracked and become inoperable. Later, when I tried my side, first thing I observed was that they were already repaired with glue and when I started operating them more often, that one also broke like a crispy wafer. When I complained about this to Southtown Kia in Edmonton South, they refused to replace it. They said it's not covered by warranty and asked me to call customer experience department at 1-877 542 2886, who said that they cannot do anything and talk to service again. Now they are passing the ball to each other and nothing is done.

Original review: June 26, 2011

I've had 2 issues with my new Kia Rondo at low mileage that shouldn't be happening. Kia refuses to honor the warranty they make such a big deal of in their advertisements & when we called the dealership, they blamed these 2 problems on us.

The 1st issue: the bolt holding my front passenger side strut came loose at only 10K miles. I brought the car to the dealer thinking the problem might be alignment, only to be told nothing was wrong. I brought the car to our local garage & they found the problem immediately. In fact, they were shocked that Kia failed to see it. They told us to call the dealer, who blamed it on "bad roads. " At 10K miles? This was a severe safety issue that could have caused an accident. The fix was about $40 but that's not really the point. The point is lousy quality.

The 2nd issue: vibration when braking at only 28K miles. I didn't bother with Kia dealer; this time I brought the car to our local garage. The mechanic says the alignment is fine & the brake pads have 6 months life left but the rotors are warped. Again, they said to call Kia. Again, Kia blames this on us. They claim it could happen by "hitting a puddle of cold water".

Sounds like ** to me! The rotors shouldn't need to be replaced at less than 30K miles while the brake pads are still good. Kia America tells us we have to take the car to the dealer, have them confirm what our mechanic says, then call them back from the dealership. Our next step if we don't get satisfaction is filing a complaint with our State Attorney General. Don't sell people on your warranty, then refuse to stand behind it. I've never paid so much for such a poor quality vehicle. I'm disgusted.

The loose strut bolt could have caused a serious accident per our mechanic, but we averted disaster by being persistent and not listening to the dealer. The rotors are an ongoing unresolved issue. I'm told GM had a recall for a similar problem on their vehicles and it was due to defective rotors, not the owners' driving habits. Rotors would cost me $500 to replace at the dealer, around $300 to replace at my local garage. That's still not the point. Lousy quality and refusal to honor the warranty are the issues. Kia should cover this repair. I plan to let everyone know about my experience with Kia.

Original review: June 22, 2011

They refuse to honor a recall on the fuel system for my 2003 Sorento and charged me $745.00. I will be filing a claim in court. My car or myself could have caught on fire due to this defective problem.

Original review: June 20, 2011

I bought my Kia Armanti in 1995. I have loved this car but in the last couple of years I have had to replace the headlight bulbs 4 times. I know it’s not a lot of money 20 to 25 each time but I never have had a car that I have had to replace the bulbs so much the headlight bulbs should last more than a year. They tell me that there is no warranty on the bulbs but I just can’t believe that I should have to replace them so often. I live 30 miles away so I have to take time off to replace them each time I just think that this must be a problem with other Armantis.

Original review: June 8, 2011

Both rear folding seats seem to get stuck every time the latch is released and there is no movement in the seats in my 2011 Kia Sorento LX. The rear seats are not functioning as they should be and the product is not providing the service that is stated in the vehicle overview.

Original review: April 21, 2011

My complaint is not against an individual. The complaint is against Kia Motors. I own a 2007 Kia Spectra. The car has been stalling for about a year now. I have taken it in on several occasions. They have not been able to duplicate the problem but once. However, they did not fix the problem so I took the car back and just received a phone call that they can't duplicate the problem. I have adjusted my life to make sure I don't get hit in this car. It stalls at stop signs and after you have been driving for a while. I died on the freeway at 70mph. Fortunately, I had enough power to pull over to the shoulder in time to keep from getting hit. Some days, I hit the accelerator and the A/C comes on.

I have learned all the back road in town to avoid traffic, as not to get hit or hit anyone. My blood pressure stays high because I'm tensed while driving. I truly fear for my life and my family's life as I drive this vehicle. I can't afford another vehicle at this point. So please, make note that if anything should happen to me or my family, I have plenty of documentation for the lawyer to sue Kia.

Original review: April 19, 2011

My family was hit straight on by truck going opposite direction, the air bags did not deploy. My family was injured, not good at all!

The Fire Department and the Police was also very concerned. This 2010 Kia Rio had 3,000 miles only. Their number is 310.816.9369 (direct number). I called my insurance company right away to get them to tow the vehicle (smoke started, I was concerned about the fire). As of now, the Fire Department states that the car is at a total loss. My mother almost had heart attack. My family had bruises, sore, chronic pain, and sore cavity chest!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2011

When I signed for my Kia, I was told they have tires for life and towing, so I could cancel my towing on my police because Kia would take care of this. I shortly had a flat tire, and I went to Kia to have the tire replaced. I was told, “Oh, no. It is only if your tire is coming apart.” I paid $165.00 for a new one. On February 2, a car hit me. It took off almost my complete front end. I called for a tow, and I was informed they don’t tow for car accidents, only if my car is disabled. Now my car will be fixed in two weeks, and I am paying for the rental and their towing. I was all so told that if I can only use this Kia lot to have my car fixed and no other Kia because they want the money, and my warranty would no longer apply.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2011

I have purchased a great many vehicles in my time, both in used car lots and new car dealerships. I have been treated as badly as I was by the people at KIA of the Bronx. The KIA Corporation will suffer greatly if these are the kind of people they elect to represent them, bait and switch, disrespect, bullying from the manager to the salesman. It's a real disgrace. I really liked the new vehicle I was looking for and the msrp was good, but if that's how they treat you before you spend you certainly won't be treated better after.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2011

The 2000 Kia is under a leak benefit program for tanks from bottom in place for 10 years or 130,000 miles from warranty start date. The closest is Wausau, Wisconsin which is about 125 miles from Iron River, Michigan. They offered to tow the Kia for $300.00, but I can't afford that much.

If the tank isn't fixed, we have no car. I am disabled and it's hard to get around. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2010

Sound and vipration in the automatic transmition "changing from second-third gear", this problem has been repeated several times. During the PMS of 60000 km, the car has returned twice to the service center at Jeddah for the same reason.

It has suffered from the same problem since December 1, 2010 and re-entered repeatedly into the Service Center for the PMS of 80000 km for two weeks. Currently the car is still with them until this moment Dec. 18, 2010.Undoubtedly the above repeated problem shows significant defect in the Gearbox, which requires replacement of the defected parts if not the whole gearbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2010

I had a Kia Sorento 2008. One day, my engine light is on so I called a Kia dealer at Riverside. They told me to bring the car in, did diagnostic, he told me the car needed to upgrade censor. I asked him, "Is it under the warranty?" He said yes. I said go ahead do it. After that for a few days, the engine light came on again. This time it's blinking. I called the Kia dealer again and he told me I have to call a tow truck to tow the car in, so I called road side assistant. They came and took the car to the dealer. I got a call from the dealer. The car needed to change internal engine. He asked me if I have record for the oil change for 3,000 miles. I said I don't have it but I had 30,000 miles major tune up. (Because when I went to do my first 3,000 miles oil change, the odometer showed 3,000 miles, when I went to do the oil change it's jumped to 30,000 miles).

I said how is it possible because I've been monitoring it since it reached to 3,000 miles. I came right away. The lady at the service department at Car Pros (Yuri ***) said, "If you're done doing a major tune up to 30,000 miles, you will be back on warranty." I had to pay $ 800 for that. She said, "I'm okay you back on warranty." Every time the engine light on, I took my car to the dealer. It covered with no problem. Then this time, they declined me because I don't have a 3,000 miles oil change record. Can you tell me the warranty was working every time and then this time it's not covered because I have to change a new engine? Is that fair for me? I believed in that woman who said I'm back to warranty. I don't do anything wrong. I abide by the rule. This is what I get.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2010

My car has been in the shop for a while now. I just want someone to return my call and let me know what is going on and give me an update. I have left Matt several voicemails and have not gotten any return calls. And when I call the dealer I am not getting any answers. They have not called me.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2010

At 691 miles, our new KIA Sorento had its engine replaced due to a crack in the block. Once that was fixed, the engine began to intermittently grind at start up, the transmission started to have issues and we would notice the fuel cutting out on occasions. We took the vehicle back three times to get these issues fixed and they did not repair any of them.

We then had an arbitration meeting in which the decision was made that they would have 30 days to fix the issues with our car. They did not contact us except once in which they left a message with our daughter and I returned the call and left a message, and they did not call back. They then said they had scheduled an appointment with us the day after the 30 days were up and that we agreed to it even though we never actually spoke to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2010

On Nov 7, 2010, the 2008 Kia Sorento airbag suddenly deployed. My wife Kathy was sitting in the driver's seat turned and talking to my youngest son. She felt pain from her abdomen to the left side of her face. The vehicle was not running, the keys were not in the ignition and there wasn't Kia's solution replace the airbag system. My wife was getting ready to go home without children 5 minutes later. This would have happened going down road. I was told by Mr. ** that "Kia does not deal with hypothetical situations or what if's."

Kia Company Information