Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.32/5

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1022 Kia Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I drove a Toyota 4 Runner for the ten years preceding my purchase of a 2011 Sorento and never need an alignment even with almost 200000 miles. My Sorento has already had one expensive 4-wheel alignment due to pulling to one side and is now doing it again. The vehicle has 36,000 miles on it with the overwhelming majority of the mileage on the interstate. I do not travel on dirt or gravel roads. What is up with these alignment issues?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

The last time I checked, kids still watch TV. Your ad just looks like you are trying to be cool, however, it just makes the company look careless. No one needs to hear that, and parents don't need another thing to explain. Do the right thing, and be a better leader for everyone! Correct the ad, so we can see your company be what you want it to be. Give your best, and you'll be a winner!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2012

First off, I was a college student and wanting a new car with a warranty so then I wouldn't have to worry about having to pay extra for cars that I recently had that kept breaking down and I had to empty my pockets to keep running. I knew that I couldn't afford to get a loan for a better car and I looked in KIA and heard nothing but decent reviews about them. But from that start I got conned, I spent $14,000 for a new KIA with already 216 miles of test driving done on it and it was a manual with no bells and whistles, not even an air conditioner. But me being conned was my fault. I should have brought someone experienced in buying a new car with me, but fault still falls on them for taking advantage of me and not having ethics on their side of business.

My next complaint is that I have automatic lights that I can just keep the switch on and the light automatically turns off. But when the cold weather of the winter time hits me, my light somehow miraculously turns back on and kills my battery. I called in and told them about my issue just 3 months after me purchasing my brand new car and they said that there was nothing to do about it. I wrote in several complaints over and over to the company and still nothing happened. Now, I'm stuck with a battery that has gone completely bad from all the times that I have had to push start or get jump starts from. I will never buy another KIA as long as I live.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2012

Below is a letter I sent to the KIA corporation on behalf of my father.

Good day, my name is Brent ** and I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. Last year, my father purchased a brand new Kia Sorento from Shottenkirk in West Burlington, Iowa in 2010. He has a home in Burlington, Iowa but due to his job, he works in Maryland so as you can imagine he travels frequently between the states to see family. The first time my dad showed me his new Kia Sorento, he was extremely happy with his purchase as was I for reliability and safety options that came with the vehicle. I've been reading numerous reviews regarding the Kia brand, so I felt extremely comfortable about my father's new purchase.

Being deployed, I've had time to review different vehicles for myself when I return home from deployment. I have seen and driven the Kia Sorento and I consider it to be one I'm seriously considering on purchasing. I like the design, power and third row seating with all the luxury amenities that come with the Sorento. Ive mentioned this to fellow co-workers deployed with me who are also looking for a vehicle when they return back home and Ive been able to sway them to consider the Kia Sorento as well.

In early September, my father was driving home from Maryland back to Iowa. The vehicle stopped working, there was a problem with the engine thus leaving my father stranded at night. He had to call a tow truck that took him and the vehicle to the nearest Kia dealer, Coughlin Kia of Newark, Ohio, 43055. There my father was provided an Enterprise rental car to continue his 550 mile trip back to Burlington, Iowa. That week he needed to head back to Maryland to go back to work. Unfortunately, his vehicle was not fixed so he could not pick it up on the way to Maryland. During the week, my father had to drive 400 miles to pick up his vehicle and pay for the rental car.

As an Acura owner, I too had a problem with my transmission around 55,000miles and the vehicle was about 4 years old at the time. My Acura required a new transmission. The Acura dealership provided me with one of their vehicles while mine was being fixed until I was ready to pick-up. There was no charge for a rental car and the service I was given by Acura was top notch.

I don't want to discredit the Kia brand based on the service provided by the Kia dealerships my dad interacted with. I'm disappointed to hear that Coughlin Kia of Newark did not compensate my father for the entire rental vehicle knowing my father had to drive hundreds of miles to pick it up then back again. My father informed Shottenkirk in West Burlington, IA - where he purchased the new vehicle. Shottenkirk didn't try to mitigate the situation or help compensate him for the rental vehicle. My father did not ask for gas or per dime for his troubles as I would have. He just asked for full reimbursement for a rental vehicle and was denied.

I believe this type of treatment of your new Kia vehicle owners will destroy the brand. I believe you have a great product that may need refinement. However, with the treatment of your Kia customers I find it extremely disturbing as a brand. Can this please be rectified with my father as soon as possible? I don't care if one of the mentioned dealerships listed above or Kia company itself reimburses my father for the rental car but that would be the least any of you could do.

Update Dec 2011. Kia denied to reimburse my father the full claim for a vehicle rental which was less than $200.00.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2012

Rating: Poor. When I decided to purchase a 2012 Kia Sorento, I spoke with the dealership several times in order to make it a quick and easy transaction. I spent six hours sitting in the waiting room of the dealership. This should have been my first clue! When I arrived home and reviewed the paperwork, I discovered that instead of taking off the amount of my trade in and downpayment, they added it. I was overcharged $10,000. After contacting the Kia finance department and not getting any answers, just excuses, we contacted the attorney general and our attorney. I feel that I was discriminated against and taken advantage of because I am a woman.

I have had nothing but trouble with the vehicle since I got it. The headlights wouldn't shut off and after spending 5 hours at the service center, was told that a part would be there in 2-3 days. They offered to give us a ride home or let us drive the vehicle and continue unhooking the battery each time we parked the vehicle. My husband had to get pretty nasty with them in order for them to give us a loaner car. They stated that they didn't have any, but offered to rent one from a rental company. At that time, I also explained that the headrest had fallen off. They didn't even get that fixed! When I returned to pick up my car, they had to program the keyless remotes, and now they don't work. I would never recommend a Kia to anyone, nor will I ever purchase another one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2012

After driving a Kia Rondo for over 100,000 miles, I've had no mechanical issues and feel I should have!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2012

I bought this Kia Sorento in 2006, brand new. I have been the only driver and have put 75,000 miles on it. I have had nothing but problems, and of course none that the extended warranty I paid dearly for nor the power train 100,000 mile warranty cover. Most recently, I had a series of breakdowns that finally resulted in my Kia needing a fuel pump, so I was told. $800.00 later, I pick up my Sorento to start it and have a loud knocking noise as well as my check engine light on. Come to find out, the mechanic "noted that" a week before when the car was dropped off. So, my cars been at Kia for 10 days and I pick it not completely fixed. I was told it is probably "crank barrings"(!?) and it will be fine for now.

My car broke down again on my way home, yes, after $800.00 and a new fuel pump? So, I call the Kia dealership, I bought it from to be asked. "Did you have the timing belt changed at 60,000 miles?" Now, how would I know that? So, he tells me now my extended and power train warranties are null. I will never buy another Kia or Hyundai product ever again, and I will spread the word loudly! I am not a hateful person, I work hard as a registered Nurse in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and have dedicated my life to helping people. I am recently a single mom of a 17 year-old who wants to go to college and I just can't afford to not have a car, or to have a car that is not reliable. I also feel I was cheated into a warranty that will not be honored, and it is disappointing. Please pass the word about the dishonesty of Kia.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2012

I just paid off my Kia Rio 2005 in April. About two months ago, the engine exploded so I had it rebuilt. Then the water pump malfunctioned so I had that repaired. After that, it needed a new thermostat, then a piece of the radiator popped off. And most recently, the water pump needed replacement again. It is also making horrific noises sometimes when I use the brakes. So far, I have put about $3000 into repairing this vehicle. I depend on it to get to work. The transportation service in Jacksonville is terrible and I need a car.

Also about two years ago, the a/c stopped working and about a year ago the switch for the headlights stopped working properly causing my brights to come on at times. And a couple of months ago, the door to the driver's side will not open unless I roll down the window put the key in the door and open it. I work full time but due to the economy our hours are cut. I am going into debt trying to repair this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2011

The Car is Kia cerato 2011 with identification number of KNAFW411BB5369214. The purchase date was15-7-2011 and the number of kilometers is 9000. The car has been received on 15-7-2011 from the main branch (Abu rRwash, Cairo /Alex. Desert road) and after one month from using the car, it was noted when two persons ride on the back seat that a crack sound in the suspension system is heard. I went to Kia's agent Elgendy 3S Elmahalla Elkobra branch to solve this problem and accordingly, after the maintenance, the sound disappeared.

After five days only from the maintenance, the sound comes back again. As of now, I went six times to Kias agents and every time sound disappears and comes back after 4-5 days from maintenance. I have sent more than one complaint to the Egyptian International Trading & Agencies Co. and until now the problem is not yet solved. Upon this, I have advised all of my friends and relatives not to buy any Kia cars as bad after sales services increase customer dissatisfaction and negatively affect Kia's sales and reputation. Finally, I need my problem to be solved; otherwise my car needs to be replaced. Thanks and kind regards.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

At the beginning of December 2011, I brought my 2008 Rio5 to the Kelowna dealer to check out a rubbing sound from under the hood. They said it was probably a bushing. Now it is December 30 and they keep sending estimates to Kia then sending an estimate for something else. When I phone the Kia service/warranty number, they say we'll phone the dealer, the dealer says they just submitted another estimate and on and on.

I had a trip across Canada planned for Christmas that fell through and it looks like I will miss my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I am at the point where I will take it to a trannie shop then paint my car with a "Kia Sucks" motif for my very delayed trip.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

I spent days at the dealer working with a salesman. I called later on the last night and said I would I would take the car and be in morning to make the purchase. I went and got my bank loan approved and in order to be prepared. He called me and said to come later in afternoon because they were sending him to pick up a car; however, my car was getting serviced and detailed and would be ready for me when he gets back, so there was no need to come down now since he was being sent out of shop for a few hours.

I said I can come in right now to take care of my end of paperwork since you just opened. He said later about 3 or 4 would work better, “Don’t worry I have your car being prepped for you and it will be definitely be ready for you and you can take it home right away.” I called a few times while he was taking care of his business and left messages at shop throughout the day. Then I get a phone call at 8:30 pm after I did all my end of paperwork and loan papers and get the loan for this same day purchase that says another salesman sold the car from under him while he was out doing business for the shop.

Now the car isn’t there and I was never notified till 8:30 in the evening hours later from the morning I was supposed to get the car. Now the car is not there and I have my loan done—no car and no remorse, or compensation for their wrongdoings. My time and money I put into this by driving back and forth, doing the loans and insurance, research, credit checks and so much more to list right now. They should make good on another car in a big way and fast since I took off of work and holiday to make this transaction.

That is not at all good customer satisfaction at all! What will they do to compensate me? And get me in the car, I want today! I have no car as of tomorrow and I am very unhappy with the Kia service and customer satisfaction attempt at this point. Who knows, maybe they will change their ways and surprise me with a make good offer.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2011

I signed a contract and paid $3000 cash (debit card) down on a 39-month lease for a 2012 KIA Sorrento for a monthly lease price of $299.95 per month. Contract signed 12/28. Scheduled to pick car up next day, 12/29. On 12/29 late morning, they inform me that the price of the car has changed to increase another $27 per month to a $327 monthly payment. Their reason was they could not get finance company to bump me to the tier we needed. I had a contract signed and a handshake at $299.95 per month, then they change their mind the next day and add $27 to the deal. I want them to honor the contract we signed. They now want to cancel the contract because I won’t agree to the new price.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

I have been car owner for than 18 years in Canada and always owned Toyota. I got KIA Spectra in 2005 from 401 Dixie KIA dealership. Within year, I had a heating problem; it was shutting off and turning on. I took the car to the dealer, and they checked but could not find the reason and sent me back. After a few days, in snow, I was on highway and driving when the heat got dead and I had my family with me. All the way, I was cleaning the windshield from inside with my shirt and got home.

The next day, I was very angry and took the car to a dealer, and finally, they replaced the hearing coil. In the next few months, my Speedo meter was starting to jam and becoming normal again. And due to that, I got one speeding ticket and took the car to dealership but they could not find anything, since my warranty was done. My stereo got problems, and my passenger side door glass had issue (It is not working to bring it up or down). Since I got this car, it has the worst electronic problems. I will never advise to buy KIA and will never go back to KIA, and I'm hoping that company will check the record for my car and offer to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

My wife and I purchased a Kia Sorento from Union City Kia in Georgia. We purchased the vehicle on 8/31/11. We were informed by our salesman at that time that it was the last day of a promotion the dealership was running where you received 2 Atlanta Falcons seasons tickets if you bought a car, but the offer ended at the end of that day. As a matter of fact, the car we test drove that day was black and had all of the Falcons promotional stickers all over it. About 10 days went by and had no tickets so I called my salesman. He told me he was going to check into it and call me back. I did not receive a call so I called back on Friday again and left a message, still no call back. I called on Saturday and he checked with his manager and he told me they should be there that day and to check after the mail delivery and let him know if they are not there.

The tickets were not there so I called back as instructed and was told by the receptionist the salesman was not there and had left for the day, and there was no manager to speak to. However, the tickets would take about 30 to 45 days to arrive from the sale date. None of this was mentioned at the time of the sale. I emailed the Kia customer service and was contacted by them with absolutely no help and was told the promotion actually ended on the 28th, not the 31st, and to go back to the dealer and see if they would step up to what they promised as they are independently owned. I called the dealership and again received no return calls so I went to the dealership and talked to a manager on duty. He took my information and told me he was going to find out what was going on and call me back that evening. I again received no call.

The next day, I went into the dealership and was routed to their business manager Kennon **. He told me that I was right, the promotion ended on the 31st and that it was a corporate promotion which they did not purchase enough tickets so he was going to find out what he needed to do to get more. He stated I was not the only person that was complaining about this. Kennon told me he would get me some information by the end of the day. He did call me that night and left me a voice message telling me he was playing phone tag with the guy and he would be in the next day to follow up and get back with me. That was on a Wednesday. I did not get a call back on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday so I called the dealership again and was informed he was on vacation for the week and he was the only person that could help me. I emailed him and Kia customer service again with no reply from Kennon which was expected, but I did receive a response from Kia Southern Region office, and once again, they just said go back to the dealer since they are the ones that made the deal. This time she said besides it was on a “while supply lasts promotion” which of course no one ever mentioned that while signing for the car just that we would be getting the tickets. So I again stopped into the dealership on Monday, 10/24/11, and personally talked to Kennon. He now changed his story and said the promotion actually ended on the 28th, but he was going to check in with another manager and ensured me he would call me that evening.

I also informed him it was him that confirmed to me in person that the 31st was in fact the cut-off date and all I wanted was what was promised to us. Well, once again, I was lied to. No call on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I would think if the promotion ended on the 28th, the salesperson, rest of the staff and management would have known that by the 31st, and the promotional car would have had the decals removed. The fact is they were so desperate to sell the car they intentionally lied to get the sale done. This is immoral and bordering illegal. A contract whether verbal or written is binding.

Well, it is now 10/25/11 and we have missed 3 home games and still no tickets. I have gone above and beyond to clear this up, but have had no luck even getting the dealership to answer my many calls and lie to my face every time I speak to them in person. It is evident this dealership has a problem standing behind promises made while getting you to purchase a vehicle. As a consumer, there should be some protection against companies that rip them off and knowing the whole time they are doing it just for a dollar. I just want to work something out and get this cleared up. This dealership is a direct reflection on the Kia automobile, regardless if it is privately owned.

I filed a complaint with the Atlanta BBB on 10/28/11. It is now 11/30/11 and the Better Business Bureau just informed me they have tried several times to contact the dealership, but the dealership has not responded to any of their attempts. No surprise there. That is their trademark. Well, as the end of the football season nears and still no word from the Kia dealership to no surprise. This may be an independent dealership. However, they represent Kia when they sell their vehicles. I’m not finished pursuing avenues to get this resolved. All is good and they will make any promise to get the deal closed, and once they have you, they forget all about you and the promises they have made.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I purchased one of the first 2011 Sorento vehicles. It has the worst ride an SUV could have. It is so rough that it is hard to keep it on the road when I drive it. They upgraded the shocks in the 4th quarter on all the newer Sorento. They tell me they have no plans of upgrading the old ones. This is not right! They know that there is a problem if they updated the new ones. They need to take care of their customers.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I inherited my parents' 2003 Kia Spectra. I was driving it on the freeway when all of a sudden the right rear tire froze up causing me to have to pull over to the small shoulder in the inside lane. I immediately put on my hazards as I was still halfway in the lane. I turned the car off then back on again. I was then able to continue on to my destination. When I got into the car again to go home, it seemed to run fine. Then when almost home it did it again. I was luckily close to a Les Schwab who said it was my brake lining, which had broken in half. They said that it has been happening to 2003 to 2005 Kia's, they had three just last week. I have heard of no recall for this problem, but something needs to be done about this before someone is killed. I have to have them repaired, which cost me $270.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

Firstly, let me start off by saying this is in regards to the Kendall Kia located in Miami, FL. I was initially greeted by Anika, salesperson, who is a great girl with lots of sales potential. Eventually, I left the dealership in my new 2012 Kia Soul. One (1) month later, I had the "pleasure" of speaking with the owner, Mr. Rod Rifai, after being unsuccessful at receiving a call back from any available sales representative. That conversation was trying, to say the least. My question for Mr. Rifai was when could I expect to receive my tag, as my temporary tag was expiring the following day. Somehow, that simple question turned into a screaming match between the two of us. He attempted to insult my intelligence throughout the entire conversation. I had to raise my voice just to be heard over his tirade and this was from the owner of the dealership.

At the end of the conversation, I was promised that following Monday that Mr. Rifai would personally investigate the delay with my tag and get back to me. To date, I have yet to receive my tag or a follow-up call from Mr. Rifai and I am now on my second temporary tag. For obvious reasons, I will never recommend this dealership to anyone after my experience with the owner. He should not be in the business of customer service and, in my personal opinion, a hospitality class would do him wonders.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2011

I rate Pete's Car Smart and KIA a negative star. If zero star means bad, then negative stars for both of them. But if you are asking 5 stars or more is bad, then let's say 6 stars. I don't get answers from the service manager besides their nothing wrong with your car. "Yes, we can see it used oil but there is nothing wrong with it". The only time they talked to me was when I was there because once I left, they never returned my call or even tried to explain anything to me. So I would say KIA and Pete's are a joke or KIA should get sue for false ads which they say they have the best warranty. I could say the same if I never had to warrant anything.

My 2007 KIA Sportage that I got brand new had around 46000 miles when I started to notice it using oil. It's using half a quart every 3000 miles under normal driving conditions. I shouldn't have to change it until 7000 miles. So if it using half a quart every 3000 miles, one could say it will use 1 quart every 7000 miles. Pete's and/or Kia did an oil test to see if it uses oil, but they will or have not want to do it at 7000 miles. Last time I went in there to get it checked at the 3000, they topped it off and said they would call me.

But I have not gotten a call from them. I told them I wish they had not top it off because I wanted to bring it back at 7000 miles and see how much oil it had use. HQ is a joke also, I have played phone tag with a lady in Atlanta and her reason for not calling me is because of my cell number (which is a KY number) and they thought I was in her time zone. I left message for her to call me at 8, her time, which would be 7AM my time so I could talk with her.

For weeks, no reply. They would call during my work day. After weeks of leaving messages and trying to get that same person, I got a direct number for her. But after talking to her, she too is telling me there's nothing wrong with my SUV. It's normal for a car to use oil (yes, if it had lots of miles and never got regular oil changes). She did tell me that KIA would be more than happy to service my SUV, but I would have to pay for it. If they did find something, they would be more than happy to cover it under the warranty.

Like they are going to tell me the truth. I have told my boss and all my friends not to buy any KIA vehicles at all. I have told all my friends not to purchase any KIA or cars from Pete's Car Smart in Amarillo, TX and now I wish someone had done the same for me. If anyone has had the same problems with their KIA, I would like to know about and what you have done. I don't care what car you had as long as it is a KIA.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2011

Bought our first brand new 2011 Kia Sorrento because we wanted a warranty to cover any problems. In October, we noticed the paint was starting to bubble and chip off all over the top of the car and the hood. We took it to the service dept. At the dealership where we purchased it (don't ever do business with Keffer Kia in Mooresville, NC) and they told us it won't be covered under our bumper to bumper five-year warranty because we must have either driven through something or parked it under a tree. Are you friggin' kidding me?

We now have a lawyer. I'm saddened by the fact that there is no honor or loyalty anymore when you purchase something today. I am also offended that they have the nerve to actually accuse a customer of something so ridiculous just to get out of fixing something that is clearly a defect. Anyway, just in case someone else is having the same problem, no, you are not going crazy and should complain about as well because I believe in the power of the pen and the power of all people united. If enough people come forward with these problems, the companies will have no choice but to start taking responsibilities for their merchandise.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2011

I bought a used 2009 Kia Spectra last year around the end of the year. They convinced me to add on Gap insurance and a "shock censored" alarm. I've had to bring the car in several times because the alarm doesn't work. My power steering started making noises about 4 months ago. I took it to the dealership because their "Warranty" is supposed to cover it. They tell me "Your power steering fluid is dirty and the filter needs to be replaced/changed. It's going to cost $220 dollars. " I was told all the fluid had already been replaced when I initially bought the car. So they are telling me that not even a year after buying the car that somehow the power steering fluid became dirty and the warranty doesn't cover it. This is total **.

I will never buy a Kia ever again. They are liars and every time I try to call their service department, they transfer me repeatedly and hang up. Never again. Haddad Kia Bakersfield, CA sucks and I recommend to never buy a car from this dealership ever!!The warranty is a joke. I refused to pay the $220 dollars and had to pay $120 just to get my car back from them. This is ridiculous! I'm out over a thousand dollars already on what I've paid on the car and when I get my tax return this year, I will be trading this stupid piece of junk in for a Honda.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2011

I am so disgusted with the service and attention, and lack of knowledge, from the Kia Esserman, in Doral Florida. My vehicle went in for service and came out with the AM radio not working. After many trips to get this corrected, and after a rude service rep, Freddie, continues to work on the problem the car has more issues than before. I bought this car for my husband, who is disabled, and I have had nothing but problems. When they want to sell you a vehicle you get tons of calls, when there is a problem you are ignored. This is my 3rd Kia and my last. Someone call me. I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau, and to the ADA for not having consideration of a disabled man.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2011

My passenger side air bag light went on and I was told that I would need a new bottom part of a seat which would cost me $1.542.00. I feel that this is a safety issue that KIA motors should cover. I bought this brand new 2008 KIA Spectra. I call KIA Motors about this and the man that I talked to was not a helpful person at all and said it would take two days to see if they could help. Well, they called me within a few hours and stated they would not help me out. 3 yrs old and the car has this kind of issue.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2011

I have a 2008 Kia this is the 2nd Time this happened. When you fill up the car, it brakes down and cuts off. It is about $700 bill . Please help.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2011

Kia Lindenhurst NY ripoff artists refuse to return deposit.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2011

I think we have seen enough of the Kia girl. She was cute at the beginning, but enough is enough. She has a Billy Mays irritating voice. She still is cute but let's scale back on the advertisements or get another spokesperson.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2011

After going over all the terms and conditions of the sales price and trade in which was written on scrap paper, I went into the room to sign all the papers that were ready to sign in which I did, only to find out mostly everything was changed. Thankfully, my mother was present and what we were told was not what the contract said. They increased the sales price instead of giving me the ext warranty they charged me. They also added a second warranty of $2,000 and the total warranty charged was $3,795.00.

Right after signing, the sales person came in and folded all the papers so I could not even look them over.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

I have a Kia Sedona Van. Every 90 days, both of the head lights blow out at same time while driving 55 mph on a highway. I have contacted the Kia Dealers and Kia Corporation many times already but they cannot do anything or mainly they will not do anything! The bulbs are Sylvania and were installed correctly, with clean sanitary gloves not touched by the skin or hands!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

My wife was in an accident on Monday, 10/31/11 on Hwy 741 and her car was totaled out. My wife has developed pain in her neck and back area, now her chest. During this accident, none of the airbags deployed at all. We had a wrecker driver take our car to a body shop in Forney, Texas and the manager showed us 5 other cars that were Kia that had the same problem to where the airbags haven't deployed. Is this a defect in the system? My wife could have been in a very serious situation or even killed in this accident. We put our trust in these cars when we purchased them from the dealerships and later we found out that they are not working properly.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

I bought my 2009 Kia Rio in April, 2010. On Oct. 30, 2011, my car would not start when I came out of a store. There was a large, yellow sticker inside the door that reads "For assistance, call". I called that number and it just rang. I did not see the transparent sticker in the window. Oct. 31, I dropped my keys at the dealership (Harris Kia in Lansdale, PA) hoping they could look at the car. I called the dealer at 8:30AM, they informed me that I had to call roadside assistance or pay for the tow. I called roadside assistance. They informed me that I needed the VIN number to verify service or pay for the tow. I left work on my lunch break and got the documentation out of my car. At about 11:30AM, I called roadside assistance again and set up an appointment for 4:00PM to meet the truck.

By 4:30, there was no truck. The response I got from the local company, Mike Carr's Towing, was that there had been an accident call and the driver was stuck in traffic. We agreed that I would leave the keys under the driver's side floor mat. I had to leave as my ride was also having car trouble. At 5:10, I called the local company again. The receptionist gave me the same answer she had the first time. The car was picked up finally at about 5:50PM. The dealership checked my car and found that the battery was dead. I have owned the car for a year and a half and I am stuck for the entire amount. $185 + tax, $40 for checking the old battery and $40 for putting in the new one. How long does it take to put in a battery? Surely not a half hour.

I am less than a happy customer. The amount of action I had to take and the sheer inconvenience are outrageous. I'd hate to imagine getting stranded in my Rio and having to depend on the roadside assistance. I wonder if my warranty is worth the paper it is printed on. I had to leave 3 classes during work to deal with all of this nonsense.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

I bought a 2010 Kia Rio at the end of September. I haven't had the car for two full months yet. I only have made one payment on the car. Already, the car needed the breaks and the gas pedal fixed. First, the arm rest was missing and I was told that it would be ordered and be ready in a week. It took them two weeks to get it to me . Now, when I got in my car the other morning, my headlights wouldn't come on at all, only the high beams would work (Remember, I traded in a car that had headlights that did the same thing, that's why I got a new car.) When I turn on the air condition or the heater, the motor vibrates bad. I have spent two days on the phone with Kia, where I bought the car, to see that they get it fixed.

I have been call-transferred here and there, I feel like I traveled the world. I was told to call and talk to the sales persons manager to see about getting me a loaner car until mine can be fixed. He told me he had to talk to the service manager and see what he says. He told me to call back in 15 minutes so he could go and talk to the service manager. I did call back and they want to tell me he is in a meeting. No, I think your avoiding my call. I have called 3 more times and could never get him on the phone. Well, the last option is for me to go and explain everything in person since I can't get anything done over the phone. I live an hour and 15 minutes away . I am a divorced 28-year-old parent of one. I need a car, I work 50 hours a week and go to school 3 times out of a week. If nothing is done soon, I am going up over everyone's head. This is truly **. I regret getting a KIA

Kia Company Information