Kia of Orange Park

Jacksonville, FL

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dewey is so professional, polite and very very knowledgeable of his vehicles. After being harassed with phone calls from another salesman, (Chris **), and being lied to again and again, I am grateful that Dewey took over. He restored our confidence in Kia of Orange Park. I will only say that he, Dewey deserves 100% of whatever they are entitled to. Nothing, zero, should go to Chris **. Kia, you have a dedicated employee, don't lose him... he is a huge asset to your dealership.

I had my 2012 Sorento towed there after the car broke done. I was told the engine is shot and even though Kia has an extended warranty, I was told I would need all of my oil change receipts. The manager Bill ** refused to help me... he is the rudest and most arrogant person I have ever spoken with.

I purchased my car in November of 2014, and I've had nothing but issues. I purchased a brand new car so that I did not have issues with my vehicle, but of course, I did. To start, my car was lagging and not wanting to accelerate. I took it into service and was told that they could not diagnose the issue, as the problem did not duplicate. So I picked up the car, and of course, the issue occurred once again. As I was driving it to Kia for it be serviced, my car completely shut off on me in the middle of Blanding Blvd.

After being without my car for every bit of a week, I was told my fuel pump needed replacing. The fuel pump was then replaced, and not even a week after picking up my car, the same issue occurred. I dropped my vehicle off at Kia once again and they informed me that my fuel injectors were clogged and needed to be cleaned out. This repair was completed and I picked the vehicle up on a Friday afternoon.

Saturday, Mid-day, the car started lagging and not wanting to accelerate once again. Called Kia and Tamera (service manager) advised me that I would have to pay $600+ to have my entire fuel system cleaned out. I called Corporate and Sara advised me that I was putting the wrong type of fuel in my vehicle, that I needed to refer to my owners manual, which I did. My owners manual specifically stated that I needed to use 87+ octane fuel. GAS STATIONS DO NOT SELL LOWER THAN 87 OCTANE FUEL.

I have been accused of things that are completely irrelevant to the issue that I am having my car, as it was stated that I am using the wrong type of fuel for my car. I have been treated with complete disrespect and my intelligence is being questioned. Managers say, "They will call you back.", and never call back. I do not agree with the way Kia runs their dealership, and I am ready to drop my car off to them so that they can deal with this vehicle, as all it has been is a complete headache. This vehicle is not a safe vehicle for my family, and that is the main reason for buying a new vehicle. I knew that I would have peace and security knowing that I had a new reliable vehicle with no issues, and that is by far the case.

On 11/05/15 I traded my 2013 Chevy Malibu for a 2016 Kia Sorento. The day went OK. Today is 12/12/15. Over a month later I'm still getting calls from my bank stating my account is delinquent and I'm about to get a negative hit on my credit... Even though I no longer own the Chevy. I can't access my money in the bank or use my debit card because my bank put a hold on my account due to this situation. I contacted Kia to be told they waited on me for 5 days being that I work out of state. So "maybe" it'll be situated in a few days.

I took my car in to the dealership after having my oil change 2 days prior due to white smoke coming out of the tail pipe. The car was running fine, no sensor came on and the smoke only happened periodically. Before the service guy took my car back he automatically said it’s not covered under warranty. My car has 50,000 miles on it. Kia is known for its 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. They put it on diagnostic it showed nothing. This was a Friday night so they kept it over the weekend and on Monday they told me I needed a new motor which would cost me 5200.00. I was not offered a car to rent or loan. I had to ask the cashier if they had one and finally they found one for me for 30.00 a day. Then I was told on Tues that I had to bring it back even though I was paying for it.

It has been 3 weeks now and my car is still not fixed. They don't want to work with me at all and I am not so sure that the motor is even blown. I was recommend to get a 2nd opinion so I have had a tow truck get my car and take it to a mechanic to look at it. I called Kia before the tow truck got there to make sure I didn't owe anything and I was told they don't take payment over the phone. So after going back and forth with them they finally waived the fee of 110.00 for the diagnostic fee which I should not have had to pay to begin with so that the tow truck driver could pick up my car. Worst experience of my life. Very disappointed and would never buy another Kia again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of Orange Park?

My girlfriend's 72 yr old mother purchased a used low mileage Audi from this dealership! She told the salesman she wanted me to inspect the car before she took it home. I was at work and could not get to the dealership until later in the day! The salesman and sales manager convinced her to sign the paperwork and take the car home and assured her that if there were any problems the car could be returned!

When I started my inspection I first opened the hood of the car I noticed the coolant tank was almost empty; I pulled the oil dipstick and found no oil on it!!

I then removed the oil cap with intention to add oil only to find that the engine had a strong sign of coolant in the engine (which is why the coolant tank was empty) the bottom of the oil cap and the valve cover had condensation on them!

We immediately attempted to return the car, explaining the issues we had found and concerns we had with keeping the car! We asked to have her trade-in car returned! Explained that we did not want to risk that the engine would fail in the near future! Her income was limited and she just needed a reliable car!

The sales staff and sales manger had no regard for her needs, wanted to put her in a newer car until they checked the car in question! Which in my opinion is a sad attempt to get her in an even more expensive car that she would not be able to afford! We asked only to return the car she had traded in four hours earlier! It is my understanding that there is a three day return law!!

I am calling the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney's office to find out how she can best deal with this obviously unscrupulous dealership and the low life staff that would take advantage of an elderly lady on a very limited income! I wonder how the staff would feel if it were their mom or grandmother being taken advantage of!! You guys are a disgrace!

I am a fairly new Kia Forte owner. I tried looking for a thread to add to share my two cents. As you probably can see, I'm not too happy with my purchase. I'd first like to say my car salesman was great and a pleasure to do business with at Kia of Orange Park in Jacksonville, FL. I will give him that much. Anyways, so the paper tag on my car became expired. I called the dealership and they proceeded to tell me I now owe more money to get my hard tag and didn't want to explain how or why, and eventually hanging up in my face numerous times. Kia of Orange Park tried to charge me well over five hundred dollars for a Kia Forte hard tag. Not happening. The car doesn't weigh that much so the price would have never jumped that high. They tried to get extra money out of me. I know this because I called my local DMV and they told me how much my tag cost, which was a little over three hundred dollars.

When I was talking to a representative at Kia of Orange Park, all they insisted to say was, "We're not trying to make any money off of you. We're not." Why would you say that as a response? Because you were. So I called corporate to let them know how the Kia of Orange Park was trying to scam me. Calling corporate got that issue resolved. Then in March of 2013, my right blinker put on a light show when I used it. When using my right blinker, all of the lights on the outside and inside blinked rapidly - like I was using my hazard lights. Of course, I had to call Kia of Orange Park. Since all of the managers were busy, they had to take a message and never called me back.

So I went up to the dealership after work to show them what was going on with my car. I was told to make an appointment and to come back then. I made an appointment first thing in the morning at seven, so hopefully I would have been able to wait for them to troubleshoot the car and fix it in time for me to be at work at ten in the morning. I went to my appointment and was notified that they were going to need the car longer, so I went ahead and caught a bus to work. Great thing I'm street savvy.

Moving along, the afternoon rolls around and the day is almost over. I called Kia of Orange Park to see what was going on because no one surely called me. I was informed that I would be given a rental because they're going to have to keep my brand new car. They would have the shuttle come pick me up from my job and take me to the rental car place that Kia of Orange Park deals with. Okay, cool. My boss is waiting behind me because I'm waiting on the shuttle to pick me up from my job, being now we were closed. So I called Kia of Orange Park again. The manager asked me where am I located. I proceeded to tell him and then he said he will call me back. I soon got a call from the shuttle driver, who doesn't have a clue where I am located. I was able to direct him to me with the aid of another Kia owner in the shuttle van, whose car was also in their shop getting fixed.

I was picked up and the shuttle driver dropped me off to the Enterprise. I walked into Enterprise and they don't know anything I am talking about. The Enterprise representative had to call them, give them my information, see why I was there and what they needed her to do for me. Wow! Can you tell I'm overly aggravated? So I finally got a rental car after a half an hour later.

The next day, I got a call in the afternoon telling me they fixed my car and it's ready to be picked up. I took my hour long lunch to go pick my car up. As I prayed would not happen, I had to wait for the Kia of Orange Park to get all of this paperwork ready and printed out. What a dread. You called me and told me my car was ready to be picked up! I finally got my car keys and smiled as it is finally over. I got in my car and there are black fingerprints everywhere; shift lock release button looked as if someone dug a Phillips screwdriver in it to pull it out; door panel snaps all over the floor; and of course, fuel light is on. I didn't want to look like a moron, so I drove away saying in my mind that I will clean the car up and make it back clean - how I want it. I can say the right blinker was working correctly though. Good Job!

So today I'm driving and I heard a bang as I'm driving, which scared the crap out of me. When I was able to get to my destination, I looked around the car to see if any damage was done to the outside of the car. Nope, there wasn't. So I went to look in the car and the remoteless start box and the wiring had fell down. This situation could have caused me to swerve into something because of how it startled me. Good thing it didn't. Now let me take a wild guess. They didn't assemble my car back right and didn't screw the box back up! I called Kia of Orange Park at 12:36PM today and was on hold for eight minutes, only for the desk manager to get back on the phone to tell me no one is available. She promised someone will call me back.

Well I'm off work, at home, cooking dinner and no one has called me back yet! My husband usually leaves me to handle situations like this because I know how to talk with people, tend to hold my aggravation in and let it work itself out. Well, he wasn't too happy to see the box and wires hanging out all over the gas pedal so he called Kia of Orange Park. He was told no one was available at the moment and can someone call him back. He began to tell the situation to the desk manager. She transferred him to an African American woman because I guess the first desk manager thought he was an African American man and she can deal with him. Funny.

So this desk manger proceeded to say she is going to have to take his number and someone will have to call him back. His answer was no, he'll call them back. Before he could get all of that sentence out, the desk manger hung up in his face. Great customer service Kia of Orange Park! I simply made an account with this site to voice my opinion and after this, I plan on calling corporate. I hate calling corporate because sometimes the wrong person gets the blame. It shouldn't have to go this far especially if I just bought the car in December of 2012. Another reason I feel like Kia of Orange Park sabotaged my car because it seems bad things are starting to happen to this brand new car.

For the most part, this Kia Forte seems like a reliable car. It does a great job on gas, which is a good thing on my pockets. I do have some other complaints about the car, but sometimes it's not worth the call like the sticker paint that is already peeling off. But I'm am fed up with this no good Kia of Orange Park (their employees and service). I regret ever doing business with them. One of my co-workers brought a car from Kia of Southside and says they are great!

I have originally purchased 2011 Kia Sorento from Grand West Kia in Colorado. After purchasing the vehicle, I drove it to Florida where I currently reside.

On the way from Colorado, I have noticed that my front bumper is slowly coming off on both sides where it meets the fenders. It appeared that clips on both sides broke off. Upon arriving in Florida, I went to Kia of Orange Park to have them fix what seemed to be a body warranty problem. Upon dealer inspection, I was told that my claim is denied due to "reason unknown" (I have this written on their service invoice).

I then contacted Kia Motors and after numerous attempts was able to secure an appointment with district parts and service manager Charles **. When I met with Mr. **, I was told that bumper has been painted and claim is denied. I was shocked to hear this, as there is no evidence of damage or anything ever to be painted. I went ahead and took the car to a major body shop in town and after their inspection, I was told that bumper was NEVER painted.

At this point I am extremely disappointed with the kind of non-service, lies and treatment I received from Kia and that I am stuck with a vehicle that is not backed by a company or any of its dealers!

On 6/2/10, I went in to the Kia Dealership of Orange Park in Jacksonville, FL to see if I could get financed for a car. They showed me a 2010 Kia Fonte SX. They had a special event on every Wednesday which does not require a credit check. So I fill out the necessary form for that which instead, it would require me to put down 65% of the $23,264.35 the price of the car. The salesperson asked me if was sure if I wanted them to do a credit check. I said ok. He came back with another man, they told me I was approved for that car. The statement, a monthly payment of $570.00 a month, I disagree and told him it was too high.

Then he told me this is what I can do, I give you $1,800.00 for my trade-in plus the rebate offer and he drop the monthly payment down to $470.00 a month. They lied and only gave me $500.00 for my car. They also told me it would have built my credit score higher and I only have to make those payments for eight months then get refinanced. I told him, I will think about it but I had to go pick up my kids from school. I can go home did my calculated my monthly bills and saw that I could make the payments and pickup my kids and headed back to the Kia dealerships. To inform then I was willing accept the deal. I fill all the finance form transfer my new car onto my insurance to my old car off which raised my rate. I got the car that evening. I was so excited and so were my kids. The next day, I get a call from then asking could I get a co-signer.

So, I contacted my mom, she came over that evening and we went back there we both sign all the forms over again. I did not hear from them until two weeks later, they call me the morning of 6/16. I talk to a man named Chuck. He said to me they finally have my loan worked out and if I could come up there that day. I told him I’d be up there at 2PM. Once there, I asked for Chuck and then gave my file to another man who took me back in the office and told me my mom didn't go through. Could I find another person who could co-sign for me? I call someone else they give him their information and told me no he would not work out either. I then call my sister at work. It was hard for me to get in contact with her but when then, finally did he was out of the office and it was hard to reach her again so my daughter came there. She was also considering getting a car from the day after I got my car and was also approved, they even told her to have me co-sign for her and that she can do the same for me. She had just paid off her car a year ago. She told him that I just co-sign for my mom. He looked her name up in their computer and told her no too. Then, he told me well since we couldn’t get in touch with your sister you have to give the car back. I had no choice but to do so.

I am a mother of 4 and on disability. Who only was penalized for not having a limited credit history. Since I paid off a car back in 2002 and didn't apply for any more credit since then. I have a excellent credit history with all the company that I paid my monthly bills too. Also, all the places that I had rented from. My mom has been working with the state of Florida for 25years and had just been approved for a home. I don't understand why I didn't get approved and why it took them two weeks to tell me so. I thought they suppose to have you approve before they let you have a car. The sales tax is cruel and devastating to me, who just want a chance and a reliable car to drive. They should not tell people they are approve when they are not.

The economic damage was that I lost money, changes my car insurance back and forth. The physical damage it caused me and my family. It left me into a depression state, the embarrassment, and the hurt it caused my autistic daughter who don't understand why they took her mommy's car away.

I thought I had purchased a Kia Rio on May 13, 2010, until May 31, 2010, they told me I need a co-signer to get the car finance. Anyway, I brought my brother-in-law in to co-sign for me and they made him the primary instead of the co-signer. They lied and said he had to be the primary holder in order to get the car finance. So, when he refuse to be the primary, they tried to swindle us into getting the car by saying they will go ahead and finance the car with me being the primary and him the co-signer.

Basically, I was lead to believe that it wasn't a problem with me getting the car. I think their managers and finance dept managers need to get their acts together before lying to customers about deals they can't make happen. With that said, my credit has been run to over 15 different banks. Now my credit score has dropped because they pulled my credit 15 times, instead of them faxing the one they pull to the different banks, they pulled it 15 times. How I know this is? I went to other dealerships and they said, Kia has reported my credit to 15 or more banks which has made my score drop and it's making it hard to get financed!

I called the dealer yesterday inquiring about a 2007 Kia Sorento and asked if it was still in their inventory. I talked to Moe and he said yes. I asked if I was able to get pre-qualified for a loan for the vehicle and he led me to their online credit application. He pulled my application and called me back and said based on the information I qualified even though he did not pull my credit report. He told me to call back this morning at 8am to make sure the vehicle was still in stock.

I called this morning and he said it was not however they had a 2006 Sorento. I told him I work at noon but would go to the dealer and check out the vehicle. After test driving the vehicle they began to run my credit and review my trade in. I got there around 9:20am. At 10:50am, an hour and a half later I ask Moe if it would take long, he said George the sales rep that was helping me would let me know the decision any second. I said ok because I have to leave for work in 30 minutes. Moe said I had been approved and they would discuss pricing with me.

Then 15 minutes later George comes to me and said it was almost done and that he would be back in a second. finally at 11:15 I go to George and say I have to leave in 5 minutes for work, may I come back tomorrow to close out the deal. He then says "You were not approved for the Sorento but we can put you in something else". I waited over two hours just to be told no. I thought that wait time was ridiculous.

I ask him why is it because of my credit. I said is there only a certain amount you were approved to finance me for. He said yes. I asked him how much. He said I dont know. Then I say "Well how much is the vehicle you want to get me in" He says "I dont know". Not only was this a waste of two hours of my time but I was not even given any honest answers. I am in a situation where I need a new car as soon as possible. This was a huge waste of time and caused me an inconvenience.

Kia of Orange Park Company Profile