KIA of Greer

Greer, SC

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Keeped receiving letters in the mail, wanting to buy my 2009 Kia Optima. After several mailings I decided to make an appointment and see what they could do for me, when I got there I was ignored and given three different sales people who all gave me the runaround. I explained to all three that I would need to have my credit report unlocked since I had my identity stolen a few years back. They all looked at me like I was crazy I got so upset that I had a hard time getting the freeze taken off. I had enough of all the unprofessional and all of the I don't care attitudes, decided to go home and lift the freeze and gave them a call back stating I had done so, I was given a business card by Sam (who is suppose to be a manager) and told by Sam that all I needed to do is call and let them know and they would get back to me and let me know what was going on.

I felt very uncomfortable and very belittled at the Kia of Greer and will not be returning there again. I have enjoyed doing business there before but no longer. Customer service is customer service no matter what the end results are and they all need to get retrained on how that works. I will be calling the head office and file a much more detailed complaint with them. They made me feel like they had no time for me, maybe if I would have worn a low cut top I would have had better service.

Got a good price on 2015 kia soul, made all paper work at salesman desk. Switch car insurance. I go to finance office - they change the whole deal. Monthly payments and duration. Will never go back or refer anyone. By the way 4 years ago but 2011 kia forte am very happy with purchase and was treated excellent. What happened kia of greer.

I would like to say that I consider Kia of Greer by far the worst customer experience I have ever had. I was involved in a car accident in February 2014, and when I got the car back I started having electrical problems, problems that I didn't have before. I was told by my body shop to take the car to the dealership for diagnostics. What a wrong decision on my part. My car has been in the dealership since June 11th, and nothing has been found as of now, I had to get my insurance company involved for payment problems. They were given the approval by my insurance to have the work done on Thursday, June 19th. I call on Friday June 20th and spoke with the Service Manager **, still haven't got back on working on the car. He stated that they will start working on my car later on that day, on Saturday June 21. I call to get an update and try to reach the service manager **. He wasn't available. I talk to ** and he took a message. He couldn't give me an update. He said that ** is handling my car, never got a call back.

On Monday June 23rd call back again, try to reach ** again. He wasn't available. I left a message again, never got a call back. At this point on Tuesday June 24th, I was very upset. I called again trying to reach ** and again they told me he wasn't available. I left a message again - never got a call back. On the same day I call the dealership again and this time try to reach the General Manager. I left a message for him since he was not available either. This whole experience has been frustrating. I never got a call back for the General Manager, and I see now that this is a problem with that whole dealership. They don't give a crap about customer service and I realized that this starts at the top. All am looking for is an update on my car that is going to be there for two weeks and the people at that dealership refuse to call back. If I ever get my car back, I will never go back to this dealership and I will not recommended to anyone that I know.

About 2 months after we bought our 2014 Sorento the heat/AC blower fan started acting erratic. The fan speed would change constantly on its own. Also had passenger seat cooler not working and black soot in the exhaust tip. So took vehicle in for a 10 k mile oil change with a scheduled appointment. Also asked them to look at all these problems. Brought vehicle in at 8 am. Called them at 2:30 PM and vehicle was not ready. They didn't even do the oil change yet. Said they were waiting on a tech call back about other problems. I complained that I needed my vehicle back. Picked it up at 4:30 PM and they just finished the oil change. I was told that the black soot is normal!!! No info on other problems other than they were waiting to hear from tech department. 3 days later I get a call from customer service saying that nothing is wrong with heat/AC fan. The erratic action is normal!! They didn't even have a tech call in for either of those problems just reported it to customer service. I hate my kia and kia of greer. They are great until you buy then you are a piece of crap to them!!!

We purchased A 2005 Kia Spectra new in 2005 and the heat and air conditioner unit has worked a total of about 3 months in 7 years. We have had our car in the service dept several times with the same outcome from the service techs that the car has been repaired. On our last visit, we were informed that it could be a bad communication cable that is $415. We refused to pay the diagnostic charge and replacement of the cable, and we were advised that the warranty had just ran out and we advised them that if they would have found the problem for the past 7 years we had the car in the service dept, it would have been covered under the warranty.

I have all the service records for the past 7 years where the problem had been repaired by Kia, but a week after it is repaired, the unit fails to work and it still does not work. Kia's service dept recommends that we trade the car in for another piece of junk Kia, but we have morals and think that someone else will end up with the problem and relieve Kia of their responsibility and this will not happen. We just want the unit fixed for good and not for a few days. I have contacted KIA USA and they advised that they don't have any dealings with dealerships.

Hi Charles,
I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Kia of Greer, especially since customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I invite you to come in and speak with our General Manager, Kurt Obermeyer, so that you can hopefully reach a resolution with your Kia Spectra.
He is eagerly anticipating meeting you!
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. My email address is jescude@mceautomotive.com.

Jilly Escudé

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia of Greer?

Transmission failed in Honda from late 90s to 2001 models - This car was purchased in April of 2011. I wasn't aware that I would need a transmission already. I test drove it and it rides really good. I also requested carfax, which only stated minor things but nothing suggesting it would require a transmission. This was brought to my attention after seeing a news report. I took the car to have minor service and was instructed then to start saving for a transmission, which is going cost about $3000 labor and all.

Marilyn,
I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Kia of Greer, especially since customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I invite you to come in and speak with our General Manager, Kurt Obermeyer, so that you can hopefully reach a resolution with your car.

Jilly Escudé

My 2008 Kia Sorento broke down on Fri. 6/17/11. It was towed to the dealer in Greer, SC. No one called me, so I called them late afternoon and they said it was a solenoid in the transmission. They sent the paper work into Kia and had to wait for the warranty approval before they can fix it. I was without a vehicle all weekend. I called on Monday, 6/20 at 12:30 and after holding for 15 minutes was finally connected to the parts manager. The service manager could not be found. I explained again the problem and he said he would have the service manager call me right back. No one called.

I have been four days with out a vehicle and most likely will be without one a few more days. No one returns my calls or has the courtesy to call me back to let me know what is going on. I only have one vehicle and take care of my 86 years old father who lives with me. I had to beg a ride to and from work. I cannot afford a rental and until the warranty work is approved they will not let me get a rental at a reduced rate. I need a vehicle and they do not have loan vehicles. They talked me into buying this vehicle when I really could not afford it and now they won't fix the vehicle. The is the worst customer service I have ever seen and will not purchase another Kia or recommend a Kia to anyone.

Barbara,
I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Kia of Greer, especially since customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I invite you to come in and speak with our General Manager, Kurt Obermeyer, so that you can hopefully reach a resolution with your Kia Sorento.

Jilly Escudé

I informed their Service Department that my airbag light is on and will not turn off, at the same time to get an oil change. My mother was there and they tricked her into getting a coolant change. We just wanted airbag and oil change. So they charged us for the oil change and coolant we did not want. Then told my mother the airbag sensor would be $736. She stopped there and paid for the coolant and oil change and left. They’ve seen an elderly lady and tried to take advantage.

Hi Kareem,
I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your visit to our dealership. I invited you back to come and speak with our General Manager, Kurt Obermeyer, so that he can help you resolve this issue. Customer satisfaction is important to us, and we want you to be pleased.
Thank you, and please let me know if I can be of any help. My email address is jescude@mceautomotive.com.

- Jilly Escudé, reputation manager for Kia of Greer

I bought my 2005 KIA Sorento, brand new, from Kia of Greer. It had 80 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I have kept excellent care of my car. When the check engine light came on the first of June, I got my husband to drive it directly to Kia of Greer who has a full service department. They said it was a sensor that needed replacing. They changed the sensor and we went to pick it up. Before we made it to Kia of Greer, we got a call saying that they needed to keep it overnight because they test drove it and the light came back on. The next day, we picked it up and paid the $330.00 for the repair. I drove it to work then after work, to a friend's house. When I started home, the check engine light came back on again.

I called Aaron at Kia and he said they had no idea what was wrong, so I drove it to work the next morning and Kia came and picked it up. They called the next day and said that they weren't sure what was wrong. After another day without my car, they decided it was a computer connection of some sort located underneath the passenger side floor board that was a millimeter off, causing the check engine light to come on. That was another $300.00. We went back to Kia of Greer, which by the way is almost an hour away from where we live, picked up my car and paid for the repair again. I drove it for maybe two days and the check engine came back on again. My husband and I were both furious. He took me to work the next morning and drove the car back to Kia of Greer. This time, he asked for the service manager whose name was Ed.

Ed said he would put his best tech on it whose name was Marvin. By this time, it's the middle of the month and my car is still sitting at Kia of Greer. After calling several times, Marvin said to come get it. Marvin said that they adjusted something that had to do with the recall. We got in it and drove about five miles and the check engine light came on again. We turned around and took it back. They said, since the trail was hot, they needed to keep it and tack down the problem. They kept the car another week. They didn't call us and keep us posted like they said they would. We began to think that they were not even working on the car because it had been there for so long and it still was not repaired. We didn't call, we just drove back to Kia of Greer and our car was parked in the parking lot, not even being worked on.

I went in and asked for Marvin and was told that he didn't work there any longer. I asked for his boss, who was Jerry. Jerry wasn't informed of my car even though it had been in and out of his service department several times. He pulled the file and said that Chris, the tech, who was working on the car had found a bent pin to the throttle. He said the reason it was sitting in the lot is because he couldn't pay the techs who make $30.00 an hour to test drive the car and said he couldn't keep Chris on my car constantly because of other jobs. I took it home that day and drove about 3 days and the check engine light came on again. We took it back to Kia of Greer and spoke with Jerry and Chris, and they assured us that my car would be a priority although they couldn't stay nonstop until the mystery is solved.

I am angry because I feel that they are just parking my car and will work on it, but won't test drive it to see if they have fixed the problem. One of the times we dropped it off, I wrote down the mileage and they said they had put 30 miles on the car to test it when in fact, it had been two. I made out my check for my car payment and had my car maybe five days out of the month. Now, we are starting another month with the same story as last month. Why can a car company, who brags on their excellent service, treats a consumer as if their time and money is not important? Besides the fact that my car is not fixed!

Angie,
He is eagerly anticipating meeting you.

Jilly Escudé

My wife and I purchased a 2006 KIA Sorento in May of 2006. Originally, we took it to the dealer for all maintenance issues. We've had transmission issues, noises and rattles, headlights which burn out every 4-6 weeks (KIA has fixed twice with no change but they did charge us for additional parts that were needed to complete the job), none of which apparently are covered by warranty. Two days ago, my wife was driving back from out of town and smelled antifreeze and saw steam rising from the engine area.

She pulled in to a service center and they told her that the plastic tube on her radiator had broke and that it was the source of the antifreeze. They blocked it off so she could continue. I call the dealer about it and was told that the only warranty the vehicle had was the motor and transmission, since it had over 60K miles and therefore was not covered. It was always my understanding that engines don't work very well or long without a way to dissipate heat and cool the engine.

But according to KIA, it's not part of the engine warranty. I find it difficult to believe they would design a radiator with such an obvious flaw and then require that the entire radiator be replaced because of this flaw. I don't believe that I'm the only one to experience this issue. We need to stand up class action or otherwise, and let KIA know we won't tolerate these issues. Headlights for the KIA run approx $20-30 a piece and KIA charges an hour to replace them (it only takes a couple of minutes).

I was told to use KIA Lights that would alleviate the problem, while they last a week or so longer they still burn out and at $30 each I go with the less expensive. I called the dealer for transmission maintenance which is required every 30K (cost about $600). I had 90K maintenance due, a full overhaul, dealer quoted approx. $1,650 to change the timing belt, check the rest and change the spark plug (tuneup). Its one thing after another and now, this radiator issue. Once this is paid you will not see me in another KIA.

Hi again,
I would like to apologize for the late reply- I am the new reputation manager for the dealership, and my first main priority is to reach out to our customers, pleased or not, old and new, to let them know that I am listening to their feedback.
I understand your frustration, and I hope that if you do visit us again, you will make it a point to visit our GM and speak to him.
Again, my apologies,