3.26/5
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratings

65 Kawasaki Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2006

I recieved a recall in the mail on my 2004 700 prairie atv.That the steering arms were failing and would be replaced with steel ones.That was last july.Dealer says he still dosent have the parts to fix this problem and put me on a waiting list.That was 8 months ago.Im not the only one who has this problem.It seems to be nation wide.Is there a law on how long they have to take care of this recall.Its a safety issue!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2006

In November 2004 I purchased a new 2005 Kawasaki Prairie 360 ATV at a dealership (Healdsburg Motorsports).In July 2005 the vehicle was recalled for a steering knuckle problem and in a letter from Kawasaki I was advised not to use the bike until it was repaired by an authorized Kawasaki shop.I have called the dealer and Kawasaki many times to get this problem resolved,but every time I'm told that there are no parts available for repair.I am outraged.Here I have a very expensive machine with only 48 hours and 150 miles on the odometer and I can not use it.

I,m a disabled senior citizen in my late 70s.I love the outdoors and have joined a hunting and recreation club with the idea to use the 4 wheeler to get me around out there.Needless to say without the help of an ATV I could not use my membership in the club.I also purchased a hunting license and deer tag which I could not use because of this problem. The club membership fee cost me $900.00 and the license and tag fees amount to approx.$75.00.First of all I want the bike fixed as soon as possible and I also want to be reimbursed the wasted money for the club and hunting license.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2005

On 10/22/2005 I purchased a 700cc 4x4 (model KVF700B2) Prairie ATV from the listed store. I made the deal over the telephone for the price on said ATV,this the last 2005 end of the year clearance model they had, and drove 65 miles to the store to pick in up. The paper work was completed when I arrived and, per their flier (which I still have) they (through Kawasaki) were offering a 4.99% financing for 24 months with no down payment. I took advantage of said offer as they wrote it up as such.

I agreed to pay $7,011.54 (OTD) for said item...which was still everything I had agreed to over the telephone! When I turned the flier over it also had another ad for a Warn winch (which mounts on the ATV at a additional fee)for as low as $69.00....if you buy a Kawasaki 4x4 ATV...which is exactly what I had just purchased!! I was told that I couldn't have that as they had sold me the ATV at a very low price and that they were not making that much off of it to sell me the winch at the ADVERTISED price.

I attempted to explain to the manager that the ad doesn't say anything about how much they seel the ATV for, but that I get a winch for as low as $69.00... He stated that he knew what the flier said, but that Kawasaki sends him this stuff, with their business name on it but that they can't always honor the ad....because they sold me the ATV at such a low price My point is that it's obvious to me that they (he) talks out of both side s of his mouth.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2005

I own a Kawasaki Praire 300. Last Oct. of 2004 I had the ATV @ the dealer for repair an service. The repair was performed on the shift rod. The nuts holding the rod to the transmission an shift handle had loosened an vibrated off. In May of this year 2005, the same thing happened again, but under very different circumstances.

Another individual not myself was riding the ATV in some very steep an potentially angerous areas. He was up a very steep logging road, come upon a fallen tree blocking his way. He had to change direction which required the changing of gears, the individual was an experienced operator an made the turn well. As soon as he shifted back into forward the shift rod came off, had it happened during the turn the ATV would have flipped over an rolled down the mountain. The results would have been serious to say the least.

When this happened I parked the ATV an just took it to be repaired this week. It really scared me to say the least, the thoughts of what could have happened. I told the dealer to secure the shift rod with locking nuts to prevent this from happening again. My suggestion to KAWASAKI is to do the same. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2000

Well to start I purchased a 1999 ZXI-1100 JETSKI IN JANUARY OF 1999 and I was not able to ride it because all the lakes were flooded until the end of the season.Which I then got in some rideing time. Then Kawasaki sent me a Service Bulliten Recall on the Fuelpump,which I had done right away since it was time to put it up for the winter.They sold me some stuff to put in the gas to winterize the Ski,which I did as they instructed me to do.

Memorial weekend 2000 I got the Ski ready to take out to the lake I topped it off with fresh gas and new spark plugs.When we got on the water it ran fine then it started acting like the plugs were fowlling I put new plugs in and ran 2 more tanks off gas thru it and it kept acting up so I called the shop were I purchased the Ski and told them what was happening and that the 1 year manufactured was now out of date they said no problem they should be able to get it covered. Which I brought it in to the Kawasaki Dealer at Lowery's Kawasaki & Equipment.

Now they checked out the ski and found the same thing wrong they have called the Tech hot line they tell them what to try even redid the service bulliten and still the same. Now this is September 20,2000 and they still can't fix the problem so I asked them if Kawasaki would Buy it back from me so they checked and said they would either extend the warranty,but under normal circumstances they don't buy anything back to which they replied we have had the Ski all summer and can't fix it and we have been calling the Tech line almost every week to get more info on repairs,which she checked and it only should they have only called twice and I know that they have called more than that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kawasaki?

Kawasaki Motors Company Information