3.26/5

65 Kawasaki Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2013

I bought a brand new 2012 750 Brute Force on 9/7/12. The banjo bolt loosened up while riding causing brake fluid to empty out and me to lose front brakes keeping me from stopping thus forcing me into the drink. It scares the heck out me that this could have been far worse coming down the side of a steep mountain or not being able to stop for a sharp turn or possible colliding into others. I have been told that this is common for ATVs such as mine to lose their brakes by the dealership. And the dealership says that the Kawasaki Rep feels that banjo bolts can loosen up; it's no different than your car...

My feeling is that braking components should not loosen up; that could cause death to rider or others while riding the ATV off-roading. And though ATVs and cars have similar braking components, the ATV has a more rugged system for braking because of the off-roading it's made for and that my car should not lose brakes either. A banjo bolt on the brake system should only be loosened by a mechanics wrench and not by use. Kawasaki finally paid the claim with the same excuse (Banjo bolts loosen up on their own). My feeling is this machine is dangerous and should be recalled or bought back from the customer. Brake lines should not loosen up at all ... unless worked on.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2013

I purchased a Kawasaki cordless power tool set that came with 2-21.6V batteries, a flashlight, circular saw, reciprocal saw and a drill. After approximately two months, it just wouldn't work due to the batteries not taking a charge. I called the company and was told I had to either buy a new set or new batteries. Then I see the recall and I just about gotten rid of the whole set.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2012

I own a 2010 37HP DFI motor on my Bobcat mower. I have had problems with it since the first week I owned it. There have been several recalls and updates. The dealer wants me to pay for the repairs myself because he says Kawasaki won’t pay their warranty claims. The motor has had so many problems and costs me so much time and money that I don’t believe it will ever be right. The value should be around $10,000.00 but because of its problems, I’m only getting offers of around $2,500.00 for it. I feel like everything I have gone through to get it fixed and the fact it does not perform the job it was supposed to do that Kawasaki is committing fraud. I have tried my best to work with them.

Original review: June 23, 2012

I took it (2012 Kawasaki Teryx4 750) out riding with my kid to a mud festival. My oil light was blinking. I stopped, checked the oil. It was okay. Then, it was time for me to have the 20-hour service on it and have them check why was the oil light coming on and they discovered I had mud in my gas tank. How it got in there, I find now till the dealer said that the o-ring on the fuel pump was put on wrong from Kawasaki. I called warranty to let them know so that they can cover the labor expenses because there were no parts involved and a guy by the name of Tim said to me that they don't build their bike with sand in them. If I wanted a street bike, I would have bought one. This is the reason why I purchased this off road vehicle that was intended for that purpose I was told when I spent $15,000 on it. All I'm asking is for them to cover the labor expense of cleaning the gas tank and reinstalling the o-ring correctly.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

I purchased a 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force. I drove the ATV about three hours and noticed that the four wheel drive light on the dash was blinking. I made a trip to the closest Kawasaki dealer and they said, it was a bad battery, so they replaced it under warranty and all was good. Then I took my ATV home and drove it about 15 minutes. The same light came on once again, the first dealer had the ATV about a week by the way.

So, I took it to the dealer where I bought the ATV from and they had it another week and claimed that the battery was bad and the prior dealer had not charged it properly, so another battery and everything was fine. I took the ATV home and guess what, the same thing happened three more times, so I took it back to the same dealer, only to be told that the computer was bad and they replaced it all three times. At that point in time, I had owned the ATV four months and the dealers had it for more than half of that time. This ATV was over $10,000 and this is not what I bargained for .

The last time rode my four wheeler, I got it back from the dealer, it has a " black box" to record the signals going to the computer . So, I took it for a test ride and another problem has occurred and it is back in the shop once again, now for three days and no word on what is going on. I sure would like to have Kawasaki's opinion about what is going on and if they can trade me for another ATV or give me my money back so that I could pick a new one out . Thanks for your help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kawasaki?

Original review: March 27, 2011

Kawasaki drill battery, serial #1007000296m 19.2v, meltdown during charge about a year ago. Any recall unknown till today. Any help would be appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2010

There was a recall on the Kawasaki battery charger and also the 21.6v batteries. I mailed my batteries on Oct. 12, 2010, the tracking # is **. I have not received my batteries. I called on Nov. 30 2010 and talked to someone they ask for my charger # and I gave it to her the # is ** she said, he would call shipping and have them sent. that was on 11/30/2010. I have not received them yet please respond this the 2nd email that I have sent. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2010

I sent HSBC an electronic payment from ING for my motorcycle that was accepted by HSBC on Oct. 1, 2010. The minimum payment was due Oct. 2, 2010. Oct. 8th, I received a late payment notice. After investigation, I found I had transposed two numbers on the account. I contacted HSBC by internet and phone. I gave them the trace number and the incorrect account number. They said, they don't normally accept electronic payments. That I could not forward an email for ING with the trace number and that I would have to fax the trace number to them. Which I immediately drove to town and had a bank fax them the info they requested.

On Oct. 20, I received a notice from them that my payment had been return to my bank and that late charges as well as interest would stay charged to my account. Since HSBC had my money before the account debit day was due. Twelve days later, the money was transmitted electronically back to my bank. I don't understand why my account was not credited and penalty charges and interest forgiven. It is beyond me.How insensitive and non responsive this bank can be.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2010

I bought a Kawasaki cordless set at Costco in Newfoundland about 2 or 3 years ago. I used the drill a few weeks ago and put it back in the carry case when I was finished with it. The next day, I entered my garage and smelled an awful smell. I opened the case and my drill was in because I was going to use it again. That’s when I realized the smell was coming from the case. Then I noticed a little smoke coming out of it. When I picked it up it was hot. I noticed a hole beside the trigger and the case was starting to melt where the drill was lying.

Well, there was no damage to me other than that of breathing that awful smell, but I can't stop thinking about what could have happened if I didn't notice what happen to the drill before going back to work. My garage is attached to my house where I store most of my power tools and I work in another province for twenty days every month. I’m only home for a week every month, but my wife and two little boys are here all the time. This situation could have been a lot worst if I hadn't been home.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2010

I registered the 19.2 on the Kawasaki cordless drill over a year ago and still have heard nothing. I can't seem to get in touch with a real person to fix the problem.

Original review: June 5, 2010

I bought a 21.6 volt cordless drill at Costco. The first time I charged the battery, I found that it got unusually hot. I put in one screw it worked okay but since I am going to use it a lot on my deck, I wanted to order an extra battery, that was that I found out that there was a recall. Lucky me that I did not use the drill yet. I registered to receive a free battery charger. Can I trust this product with the replacement charger?

Original review: March 31, 2010

My Kawasaki Power Pack overheated when charging. I tried to charge the first pack and it overheated and got distorted. I tried the second pack and the same thing happened. The drill cost about $100.00 and I cannot use it.

Original review: March 1, 2010

According to your website report from 10/12/2007, the Kawasaki 21.6v Drill Rechargeable Battery Pack 691221 has been recalled by Alltrade Tools LLC .When I contacted Alltrade Tools LLC on 3/1/2010, the tech support person told me that the power pack has never been recalled, and the only recall for the drill was the charger, not the battery. Please let me know if your article was erroneous or Alltrade Tools LLC canceled a recall.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2010

We have a 2008 Kawasaki Teryx. It has 72 hours on the motor. It has been serviced by the dealer as directed. After riding one afternoon, it died and would not crank back up. We boosted it off and it had a terrible noise in the motor. I took it back to the dealer and by simply looking at the air filter, they told me that my motor was burned up. It was said that if I wanted it fixed, I would have to pay cash. I have factory warranty and paid for the extended warranty.

I, in return, called the Kawasaki warranty company, and was told to get a second opinion. So I took it to another Kawasaki dealer and they actually dismantled the complete engine and told me that it was not the air filter that caused this problem. So a warranty claim with this shop was submitted and denied, due to the initial claim made by The House of Cycles. I feel as though I'm getting ripped off by the House of Cycles and the warranty company. The warranty company is simply going by what was told to them. But I was told to get a second opinion, and when I did, it didn't even matter.

I simply want my Teryx fixed by warranty. The second place I took it to also pointed out that a recall was on my bike. I told him that it was taken to the House of Cycles and the recall was fixed. This was not the case. He pointed out to me that the part they were to put on, was never installed, but on the computer, it was documented that it had been installed and the recall was closed out. The House of Cycles will not back their warranty. I just want to know what I can do to have this resolved. I want my Teryx fixed by whatever means. This is so ridiculous. After battling House of Cycles, it had me so upset, I had to go to the doctor and get medicine for my blood pressure. The Teryx still isn't fixed and it has really put a strain on both myself and my fiance. Please tell me what I can do.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2009

The Kawasaki cordless drill had a recall on their 19.2v battery charger (690075-1HR). I was told to cut the cord off the charger over a year ago, because it may cause the battery to explode. I still have not received a replacement charger. I have been unable to use my drill since. I am unable to find any way to contact Kawasaki to lodge a complaint or get info on the status of the charger or what I should do to be able to use the drill. As it stands, the drill isn't even a well-designed boat anchor.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2009

I purchased the Kawasaki 21.6 V drill from Costco, and have discovered that the batteries will not hold a charge. I get the drill out to do a project, and have to charge the battery before I can drill. How do I go about obtaining a replacement pair of batteries for this otherwise fine tool?

Original review: June 18, 2009

My husband and I started a lawn service in August 2007. We bought a Scag Z-Cat for about $5,000.00 in September 2007. The warranty is for two years on the engine. Our mower stopped working about two weeks ago. One shop told us the engine had blown. We took it to Burdhard's Tractor, where we purchased it. They told us it needed an oil change, spark plug, spark plug boot and valve gasket. I told them to do the work (we usually do it ourselves), so they would see it still didn't work. We were right. The problem is Kawasaki is trying to say it's our fault because it was ran low on oil. A new engine is almost $2,000.00. Since it was a new company, this machine doesn't have the wear and tear that others do. It has been taken care of, with an oil change every 50 hours, instead of the required one every 100 hours. It didn't burn much oil and at the most, my foreman only had to add 2-3 oz. of oil.

I contacted Kawasaki myself, speaking to Mark and was getting nowhere. He kept saying "the engine tells the story". I informed him that I wasn't going to let them do this to me and would take them to court. When I asked for the address, he hung up on me. I can't find any info online either. I'm only hoping that when I get this engine back and take it to a different shop, to get a statement of the "engine's story". There hasn't been any damage done to it by the repair shop. This has put our business behind schedule, besides the financial strain that is affecting us all already. We have had to purchase a used mower for $1,000.00 since the shop's loaner was out. Well, the one we had to purchase doesn't fit through gates, so we have to use a push mower (21-inch compared to a 36-inch), which is much slower.

Original review: April 7, 2009

I received a Kawasaki battery-operated drill kit at a Xmas party as a gift. I took it to my second home and used it very little. While installing a security door on the home, the battery exploded. I thought I had been shot in the stomach. It hit me in the stomach, ruined my shirt and left three cuts and slight bruising on my stomach and some pain for about an hour or two.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2008

I would like to know why some retailers are still selling a cordless drill that has been recalled for battery and charger problems. The Kawasaki drill set is still for sale at Sams Club and Amazon and Northern tool as well as a few other smaller websites.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2008

I purchased a 2009 Ranger 700 and have found a few thing that need to be addressed .

1. Excessive heat from dash openings . 2. The metal on the back of the seat gets so hot that it burns your back .
Original review: Oct. 7, 2008

Purchased a new 2007 KX 250F dirt bike for $5968.20 on (9/11/06). It lasted maybe 4 hours. The transmission locked up from an issue that other owners have had also. I have documentation of other occurrences. A certain percentage of bikes of this model year have had this problem. The bearing clip comes loose inside the casing and dislodges the bearing and totally ruins the transmission. Kawasaki has said I am out of luck, and they won't do anything about it. I have been to the dealer and they will not help either. I have been trying for 8 months to have this resolved. I am currently out of the money I spent on this motorcycle. My son has not been able to use this all summer. I am looking for help with this issue.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2008

My Kawasaki 19,2v battery charger was recalled. The replacement charger was sent. Two problems- it cannot be stored in my drill box.- AND-IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! My drill is now worthless because I cannot charge my batteries. I need a recharger that works!! I should not have destroyed the orginial at least it worked.

I cannot get any work done that needs a crill to complete.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2008

I have a 21.9 v and a 19.9 v cordless screw driver. They recalled the chargers and replaced them. with the old charger i could drive 40 or 50 3 inch screws with the replacements in lucky to drive 6 3 inch screws. I have a few Kawasaki products. a 2510 mule a 900 Valcan.

[Their] replacement chargers are junk sorry to say . I was very happy with the old charger and driver but now its useless with the new charger. Hope ENG.dept can come up with a charger that will live up to the Kawasaki Name Thank You

Original review: July 14, 2008

Bought a new 2006 Kawasaki ZX14 Motorcycle from Calmes Motorsports back on April 27, 2006. Just recently I found out that the battery in the bike was the wrong one, a cheaper battery than what the manufacture calls for was in it, tried to correct the problem with the dealership, but was unsuccessful even tried the Kawasaki consumer help line, but they said it was the dealership problem not their's. I'm stuck with buying the correct $250.00 battery {the one they put in was $80.00}. Not only was it a cheaper battery, but more importantly it didn't have the correct Amperage for that bike, which can cause overheating of the electrical system, shortening the life of the bike's electrical system. Overheating of the electrical system, shortening the life of the bike's electrical system. Bike performance low

Original review: April 5, 2008

Good morning. Well I checked my 19.2 drill and found that I had the bad charger. Sent you the necessary info and you sent me a new charger. I throwed away the old one as you said. Now I have a problem. The new charger does not seem to work. I leave it on all day and my drill will not turn. Don't have my old charger so can not check to see what my problem. Your service was good but now I,am without the use of the drill. It is not that old and the batteries should be OK.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2007

Charged batteries and charge lasted less than 5 minutes, happened on both batteries I bought and the 2 bateries in the set I bought for my son.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2007

Bougth Kawasaki Mule 3000 in 2005. After first year the machine kept dieing, worked on it myself to try and fix problem because I didn't buy extened warenty ( just thought that I wouldn't need it if the the machine was of any quality) After working on it for a year off and on changing varius parts found out that the gas tank was rusted badly on inside.

Called the Kawasaki consumer relations and got no help from them other than telling me it was my fault for having a rusted gas tank and that I should have bought the extention on it. I tried telling him that gas tanks are suposed to have a protective coating in them to prevent this from happening. He said it was still my fault. I tried telling him that cars don't rust like this, but again it was stillmy fault. I told him that I couldn't recoment his product to any one who asked me about my Mule and because of this Iwould never buy another Kawasaki product.

I am stuck with 2 more years of payments on a vehicle that I have barly got 20 hours of use out of. I will have to save up to get another tank when I can but until thin it is a usless lawn ornament.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2007

I was instructed by a letter to examine my drill charger to see if was part of the recalled set. It was. I tried to call the number provided and it was out of service because of call volume. I called several times. The website would had no place for my address (the box was too shrot), so I entered it in the alternate address box. Upon submission it rejected my claim because of no address entered

Loss of use of drill set which cost a considerable sum. I believe the recall setup is purposely made non workable, or at least difficult, in order to avoid them having to send out replacements.

Original review: July 19, 2007

The speedometer is inaccurate and registers too fast. This is the case with all Japanese motorcycle manufactures. 5-10 mph, always on the high side. Odometer also. Mine is a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT and a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic, however, I have used internet web/chat sites to discover that it is a common problem that exists with just about all modern motorcycles of Japanese origin. Auto manufacturers would not be allowed to produce vehicles with this type of problem.

My warranty will expire when the odometer shows 36,000 miles. At the rate of inaccuracy currently registering on my motorcycle, I would only have 33,600 actual miles. I am, in reality, losing 2,400 miles of warranty service. If I buy extended warranty coverage, this number inreases.

Original review: June 29, 2007

i had a kawasaki 23 hp. engine on a bobcat-ransome mower(commercial mower) it had 840 hours on it and come a part. the dealer i went to thought like everyone else that it should not had come apart like it did. they contacted kawasaki and kawasaki said they couldnt do nothing for me. that is a commercial mower,so if i mowed for a living and i don,t that means i would have to spend another $7800.00 to get another one to feed my 3 kids?

this just makes me mad to the bone but i got another problem with this one.so i bought a 24 hp. honda motor and put on the mower. it took a while to get it and a lot of hard labor to put it on not to mention a lot of money. it run fine for a week until it caught on fire and burnt up,yes bad luck all the way around.i put a total of 4 hrs. on it and i pulled it out of my shed the other evening(20)ft. cut it off, it sat there for a hour,pulled it back into the shed ,went in the house for the evenig ,10 minutes later it caught fire. it was not even used to mow at all that day.just moved it to get something out of the shed and parked it back.no,nothing in the wiring at all. i have not touched it because i want someone from honda to see the problem.

Kawasaki Motors Company Information