2. Automotive

Kawasaki Motors

Kawasaki Motors
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Kawasaki Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kawasaki Motors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kawasaki?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

At 72 years old I have owned almost every brand out there, including 2 POS Harley's. Many Honda's and Yamaha's, but the 1999 Kawasaki Nomad I bought new has to be the best bike I have ever owned! I pull a trailer when I go on trips, from Florida to Alaska, every state but 3 in the USA, all over Canada and it has never let me down.

Usually if the wife can get time off she goes with me, or I will pick her up at an airport to ride with me. It has just over 320, 000 plus miles on it right now and never had a problem with the bike. Naturally parts wear out, that's normal, but as far as being a wonderful bike, I couldn't ask for anything better! I wear out more tires then most people do, but found out a car tire will last 3 times longer on the back then any tire I have ever used. Rain, sleet, snow, and 70 mph cross winds and I still ride! It has more than enough power to pull 2 up with the trailer loaded. I'm not one of these "weekend riders", I love to ride and will ride as long as I can hold my bike up!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Best bike I've owned! Smooth transaction and great quality bike. Only changing my tires. It's been great and no mechanical problems at all. I go riding with my friends over the weekends and I know I can rely on having a good time and not worrying about any issues.

Get buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Price of this motorcycle was right on target, fit and finish exceptional, power you could not ask for any more, more than enough. Best bike I have ever owned. Riding this bike was as easy as any one motorcycle could be. 1st gear through 5th gear each had its own range of perfection. With 155 hp and a speed of 55 you would not need to downshift to pass any traffic you may encounter.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Bought an older one second hand but it runs and rides like a Cadillac. I had to do some minor work to it but it was because it was being taken to a negligent shop. Most everything is original. It's a Vulcan 800. It has over 55k miles on it. My wife and I can both ride comfortably, we've been from GA to SC and back in one day with no problem. I guess it would be considered a cruiser.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I don’t own a motorcycle personally, but my close friend owns a Kawasaki Motorcycle. He has allowed me to ride it a few times. It rides great and has a smooth ride. He bought it secondhand so price wasn’t a factor for him. He has stated that he got it for a great price.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

In April of 2019 my husband and I purchased a brand new Kawasaki mule ATV. We also had a dump box put on it because we have a boarding facility and we need it to do the work around our farm. In the past 10 months the Kawasaki mule has been in the shop for 5 weeks as of today and we have had no machine which makes our job here hard. We have not gotten any loaner or anything. It's very frustrating because the last time our mule was in the service shop Kawasaki said if we had any more problems they would replace the machine. Today we were informed that they will not be replacing the Kawasaki mule but they will be totally rewiring it. I am not sure if this is going to fix the issue. I really hope it does but they went back on their word and it's frustrating because they have offered us an extended warranty for our trouble.

Our trouble is that we cannot how are animal droppings out of the barn and get to the manure pile without that machine and it makes life very difficult when you have a bunch of horses that you bored and have to be very manual about doing this. I am frustrated and really do not know what we can do and so I am writing this review because I feel that if a brand new vehicle has been in the shop for a month and a week out of the time that you've had it it needs to be made right and not 10 months down the line. So please do your research before you purchase a mule train vehicle from Kawasaki for I don't feel they are fair to the consumer when they just keep saying, "We're going to do this. We're going to do that," and then when they do tell you that they're going to do something they need to follow through with it. I hope this is helpful and forgive my grammar. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

2019 Kawasaki Concours the perfect motorcycle. All around a great motorcycle. Low maintenance. Easy to do your own service. Just purchased my 3rd one. I would recommend. Easily do 500 mile days with no problems. I have owned close to 50 motorcycle and purchased 3 Concours 2015, 2018 and 2018. The Harley had to go after 3 weeks!

Original review: July 17, 2018

While I cannot speak about any Kawasaki Products other than my Mule 600 UTV, I can describe my experience with it. We purchased a small 10-acre ranch in the CA Sierra Foothills back in 2012. We were not here a month when I realized that I needed a vehicle for all of the property maintenance involved. Our closest neighbor had purchased a Mule several years earlier and highly recommend it. The Mule 600 is a very basic UTV, not designed to be fancy or go fast, just work every day, and it does just that. I would buy another Mule tomorrow if need be. I use this vehicle every day, winter, summer, rain, and snow. The Mule is a total workhorse from dragging tree limbs to the burn pile, or moving material in its tilt bed, this thing is as valuable to me as my Kubota Tractor and my Truck. I had tried to find a used one initially but no luck as no one wants to sell, I now completely understand. If you need a vehicle for light duty property work, look no further.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The bikes are very well manufactured, unique, and high functioning. I like how the color combinations on the bikes are different from others and they are uniquely built. However, I dislike how hard it is to find matching pipes just in case one breaks.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Kawasaki has been very satisfactory and I highly recommend it. It helps me as a means of transportation to get to work. I feel confident because it is an excellent brand for its good response when accelerating and slowing down. I like the power of the engine and its design. It also has good paint, varied models and the tires have a good grip. The motorcycle brake system are very soft and with high safety. But in my opinion the seats are uncomfortable because it needs more blanching and the material they were made are very hot. And the protection of the motorcycle chain should be improved by protection and greater safety.

Kawasaki author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A. got its start in Chicago making motorcycles in a warehouse. Today, it makes multiple personal recreational vehicles from motorcycles to watercraft and many models of ATVs under the Sport class and Sport Utility class.

• Brute Force 300: The Brute Force 300 is a utility ATV with a 271cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine with an electric start. It has an automatic transmission, full floorboards and a towing capacity of 500 pounds. The Brute Force 300 retails at $4,299.

• Brute Force 750 4x4: The Brute Force 750 4x4 has a liquid-cooled, 749cc, V-twin engine with an electric start. It comes with selectable four-wheel drive and a towing capacity of 1,250 pounds. Its ample power is designed for hilly, difficult terrain. The Brute Force 750 sells for $8,999 and also in a camo version with hunting upgrades ($10,599) like front and rear cargo racks.

• KFX series: Kawasaki’s sport ATVs are in the KFX series. The KFX series has two models: the KFX 90 and the KFX 50. The KFX 50 is designed for new riders just starting out in the four-wheel lifestyle. It has an automatic, four-stroke, 49.5cc engine, push-button electric start and parental controls such as an engine-stop lanyard. The KFX 90 is very similar to the KFX 50 with an 89cc engine. Prices start at $1,999 for the KFX 50 and $2,599 for the KFX 90.

• TERYX series: The TERYX series from Kawasaki is one of two series of side-by-side ATVs and has six different models: TERYX, TERYX Camo, TERYX LE, TERYX4, TERYX4 Camo and TERYX4 LE. Each model in this series has a 783cc engine with a towing capacity of 1,300 pounds. Consumers can check online for the different features and accessories on each model. Prices for the TERYX series range from $12,999-$16,999.

• MULE series: The MULE series of ATV is Kawasaki’s second line of side-by-side vehicles. Altogether the MULE series has 24 models including a pro series and a pro diesel series. The pro diesel series is Kawasaki's most powerful ATV with engine sizes of 993cc. Consumers can check online to look at the different specs and accessories for each model. MULE models start at $8,999 and go to $16,999 for base models.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team