Karen Radley Volkswagen

Woodbridge, Virginia

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our 2000VWGti was stolen/purchased under false pretense. The vehicle was in good running condition, daily driver car at the time it was stolen. The person who stole the vehicle got Radley to install new Turbo etc. The Radley added up to $2,225. In the meantime, the guy was arrested and is in jail. Radley wanted us to pay $ 2,225 to get the car. We did not authorize any work on the car so we refused to pay. The vehicle was repossessed by the police. The dealer took parts out/butchered the car and put few parts in the trunk. Car cannot be driven. It has no turbo, axle shaft etc in the trunk. Dealer should have courtesy to install old parts. The vehicle has been towed to us but car cannot be driven.

I have been a proud Honda/Acura owner since my first vehicle. Most of my family members own Acuras, and we have always been pleased with the vehicles and the support provided by Acura and Karen Radley. I purchased a 2003 3.2 TL on October 31, 2005, from Karen Radley Acura in Falls Church. I did my research before purchasing the vehicle, and I specifically expressed concerns regarding the transmission. I was never informed of any issues or the extended warranty due to a recall.

On November 15, 2009, at approximately 1800hrs, on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge driving in heavy traffic, my transmission fully locked up doing approximately 45-50 mph. The car was immediately taken to Lake-Wood Automotive service in Woodbridge. On November 16, I contacted the Acura Customer Service department and filed a case. I was told the car was fixed during a recall, but they would not provide details. On November 17, an estimate of $5,300 was given by Lake-Wood Auto Service to replace the transmission and re-flash the computer; at that point, the car was towed to Karen Radley Acura in Woodbridge, Va.

The first response from Karen Radley Acura was two days later, in which I was informed Acura/Karen Radley may cover the total cost, allow me to pay a $500 deductible, and I would have a 36,000-mile warranty on the transmission. A few days later, I was informed they might cover 50% of the cost. At this point, I turned in my rental car and received a loaner from Karen Radley. On Wednesday December 1, 2009, I was given a final estimate of $3,211.00 (Acura covering 25%). I refused and said that I would scrap the car and asked how much Acura would buy it for. The first estimate was $1,000; the second was between $2,500 and $3,000. At that point, I expressed my dissatisfaction, and my final offer was to pay $3,000 even and get a 36,000-mile warranty. I have heard nothing back at this point in time, and it has been almost a month without any results.

I took my 2001 VW Jetta because of the engine check light on. To make the story short , I spent over $ 3000. 00 dollars and still have the engine light on. I have to drive to work every day and i can't miss work two three days in a raw when they keep my car with the dealer to fix the problem. I went back for the same problem several times and spent this amount of money without getting the peace of mind I was seeking. All they care is taking your money not getting the problem fixed. I am so upset at VW service department at Woodbridge , VA. Never buy volkswagon again, and I will not stop telling people to avoid buying VW.

The biggest mistake I have ever made was buying a 2002 VW Jetta. If it's not one thing it's another and the car is a lemon plain and simple. It has been in the shop 3 different times for 3 different window brackets breaking. It has been in the shop for the engine coils going bad. We are talking about a 2 yr old car. The radio suddenly died after a year and now the heat has gone out completely.

My car is now 2 1/2 yrs old, I bought it brand new with 25 miles on it. Not only does the heat not work but all the rear lights malfunction. I have changed the bulbs in the brake lights, reverse lights and parking lights at least 2x and it never fails once 1 is fixed then another goes out. It is my advice to anyone considering a VW to think again. They may be "cute" cars but not worth the money or trouble. I'm actually considering getting a lawyer and suing for being sold a lemon. Buyer Beware!!!

I purchased a 96 VW Golf in July 0f 1999, and it broke down the next morning..not even 24 hours later. Long story short, I put that Golf into service at Karen Radley (where I bought it)3 times in two weeks. I argued to give the car back and so we "traded" it in for a 96 Jetta. Two weeks later the I take it in for the transmission. Another long story short, I took that Jetta in about 6 or 7 times since August of 1999. They say problem is fixed, but I don't want to be stuck with another lemeon car. I would like to give this car back and get something else. What are my options?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Karen Radley Volkswagen?

Karen Radley Volkswagen Company Profile